Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

~ Library Question

DJ506 11:27 PM - 13 July, 2015
Ok, let's hope you can follow...

I have a 2010 MBP with 2 internal Drives...

First drive has no music or videos files on it. It is simply for the OS and apps.

Second HardDrive only has my Audio files.

Then, I have an external for my Video files.

Good? ok, let's continue...

Now, I bought a 2015 MBP with one drive. I used Time Machine to set it up from my old 2010 MBP. So the "_Serato_" folder is on that main drive of the 2015.

I took all the audio folders from the 2010 second drive and moved it to my external that has my video files.
That's where I plan to keep it.

Now my question is...
Do I have to move anything from that second HD "_Serato_" folder that had all my audio to my external HD that has my video?
boogiebears 11:41 PM - 13 July, 2015
..you dont HAVE to.

id consider having Serato software do the move for you, as i believe it will update your 'database V2' file on the destination drive. if you were just trying to transfer individual files from the _Serato_ folder, id definitely copy over the files from the Subcrates folder.
DJ Tracy G. 12:11 PM - 16 July, 2015
^^^ What he says. Use the "MOVE" feature built into Serato. Anything else is messy. Remember smart crates are only on the local drive so you may want to take the contents of any smart crate and copy them to a regular crate prior to moving those songs to another drive.