Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Learn: iTunes and Serato DJ

m2312 10:55 PM - 9 July, 2015
please show the way, to transform the itunes library with the itunes lists into serato dj. Please in german language. thx...
Dj Hoil 12:01 AM - 10 July, 2015
Hola, tengo el siguiente problema, arrastro la carpeta hacia el panel, los analizo. pero al siguiente dia al abrir serato ya no apaece la carpeta, nuevamente
jayneural 3:12 AM - 10 July, 2015
Hi Serato team,

Supposing I switch to Serato for my playlist management, how am I supposed to find those playlists on my iPhone or iPad ?

Having two libraries with playlist to manage is not something anyone has the time to do.

As any other DJing app, has to offer the maximum integration with iTunes, unless you have a killer player that works on any platform and that can share its playlists to other apps.

Also, as you might guess, a Djay may use multiple djing apps, depending on the need and on the platform (think iOS for some cases).

I'm confident though that Serato will fix the current issue quite quickly. What would be really nice though, would be to allow access to Apple Music on Serato, just like what other DJing software makers do with Spotify or Deezer.

Regards.

Jay Neural
maarawoe 6:42 AM - 10 July, 2015
Best time to transform SeratoRemote to add library management and preparation on the go......
Nacho Ruiz 7:39 AM - 10 July, 2015
Quote:
Best time to transform SeratoRemote to add library management and preparation on the go......

+1
Baba Raspopov 7:47 AM - 10 July, 2015
Bonjour à tous,
depuis la dernière mise ajours d'I Tunes je ne peux plus ouvrir et fermé les valises d'I Tunes dans Serato, elles restent toujours ouverte ?
DeeJayWoody 3:31 PM - 10 July, 2015
Quote:
Hi Serato team,

Supposing I switch to Serato for my playlist management, how am I supposed to find those playlists on my iPhone or iPad ?

Having two libraries with playlist to manage is not something anyone has the time to do.

As any other DJing app, has to offer the maximum integration with iTunes, unless you have a killer player that works on any platform and that can share its playlists to other apps.

Also, as you might guess, a Djay may use multiple djing apps, depending on the need and on the platform (think iOS for some cases).

I'm confident though that Serato will fix the current issue quite quickly. What would be really nice though, would be to allow access to Apple Music on Serato, just like what other DJing software makers do with Spotify or Deezer.

Regards.

Jay Neural

+1 to what he said. We use several softwares depending on the event and iTunes is the source for all of our content.
Serginho Paschoal 3:44 PM - 11 July, 2015
hey guys other applications to dj are having the same problem ... because serato is the one with better integration , the problems are more visible . let's wait for the team serato with the solution....
DJ TwoCities 8:03 PM - 11 July, 2015
I think if your files are organized properly on your hdd, you can set up your music to be imported to other apps intact with minimum hassle. This means you add tracks to the folder you want them in ie Rock, R&B etc etc. My folders closely follow my crates list by genre and year so there is never any confusion. I'm not a fan of Itunes and serato supports itunes play list but if using itunes to manage your crates then your serato whitelabel files will play at 32kbps low quality and not 320kbps high quality. that's enough to just say no!!! Maybe if Serato Fixed it I would think about using itunes but I'm good not using it.
Le Frique 12:22 PM - 12 July, 2015
Quote:

+1000
Mister Ries 10:39 AM - 14 July, 2015
A while ago I decided to seperate my iTunes and Serato libraries. Turned out to be a great decision.

My iTunes library now contains "all" my music, available on all my devices and in 'the cloud'. When I want to add this track to my Serato libray, I download it and drop in a dedicated "Serato library" folder. No real need to add structure to this folder, as I just use Serato and ID3 tags to structure my music.

I still have a couple of wished though:
- I want Serato to watch my music folder and each time I start up add new track to my library (i know about that "auto import" folder, but I would like it to use just MY folder)
- More smart crate options, like: no beatgrid set, and added in the last import, or the last 2 weeks
VictorMike 7:32 PM - 15 July, 2015
Quote:

+1
SelektaSupa 7:33 AM - 24 July, 2015
Wow... I've been using iTunes to "manage" my music library (separate from Serato) since 2007!! But back then... folks was telling me I was crazy and I shouldn't do it. Never had a problem (until this uncollapsable playlist issue)... but it's good to see folks evolving.
john jakiel 2:46 PM - 31 July, 2015
Do you always have to have a song downloaded to your device to access the song? If you have a tune on your iCloud Drive, why can't you just play it from there? I only have a 16g iPad so to try and keep a large amount of songs is impossible. Does Serato allow you play songs over the cloud and not have to download the tunes to the device?
slyxdevil 1:39 AM - 3 August, 2015
Vestax is out of business yet serato dj works for their controllers but my 1299.99 Xone DX doesn't work with serato dj? Are you kidding me?
2:46 PM, 4 Dec 2016
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
jayneural 5:02 PM - 2 February, 2017
business is business...