DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

One Atlantic in Atlantic City

DJ Dynamight 9:49 PM - 1 July, 2015
Has anyone done any events at One Atlantic in Atlantic City?

I have been contacted to DJ a wedding there in November. I spoke with the Event Coordinator and was told there is a 1/2 mile walk from the street to the venue when unloading my equipment. I'm wondering if anyone here is familiar with this location?
Certified Quality Entertainment 10:57 PM - 1 July, 2015
Holy shot. That's crazy if it's true. Can't tell infinite real or not but holy shit if it is.
Joee 11:53 PM - 1 July, 2015
you better hire two of these guys www.pressofatlanticcity.com …….lol
DJ Dynamight 1:09 PM - 2 July, 2015
Quote:
you better hire two of these guys www.pressofatlanticcity.com …….lol

ha...I might just have to. I'm not really sure it will be worth it to accept this gig. I may see if the venue has a list of preferred vendors I can contact to see if they can provide the sound system for me, and I can just handle the music. I'd either inflate my fee accordingly, or have the bride/groom take care of that.

Dragging my gear 1/2 mile each way doesn't sound like fun at all. I would definitely travel light and try to move everything in 1 trip. It doesn't sound like I can do the gig alone, I'd need someone to stay with the truck to make sure I don't get a parking ticket from ACPD etc.
Joee 1:24 PM - 2 July, 2015
it has to be bull, how is everyone else getting there? surely there not walking half a mile, guest food delivery for catering etc.

if you still haven't had a chance to hear the evox 8 by than let me know AC is 40 minutes away from me, by that time i should also have evox 12

now if it is true al long as the pay is right, i would do it $2,000 for 4 hours i'd put two evox 8 one controller some lights mic etc. on one hand truck & roll it down the road…….lol
Taipanic 1:33 PM - 2 July, 2015
Time for someone to get a Rock-n-Roller. Would definitely bring someone along to help as well so you only have to make one trip yourself. They can grab anything else needed while you are setting up.
DJ Dynamight 3:55 PM - 4 July, 2015
The guests and other vendors will all have to walk there as it's located right on the water
www.oneatlanticevents.com
goo.gl

The venue looks nice, it just sounds like a nightmare for vendors.

Yeah, the EVOX 8 is definitely the right speakers for this event, although they will have 200 guests. I guess it all depends on the size of the room. Thanks for the offer man, I'll let you know if I'll need your help. If things go according to plan, I should own a pair by then.

Thanks, Taipanic. Yeah, I have a handcart similar to the Rock-n-Roller, it's a fixed length though.