Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Why isn't Serato DJ 1.7.5 working properly?

Millz 12:18 AM - 21 June, 2015
I am not very happy right now. I just plugged into a DDJ-SX2 using 1.7.5. 600 people standing here waiting to hear and see my a/v set. RIGHT OFF THE FUCKING BAT, serato is running like dog shit. Meanwhile, the dj before me is running a 299$ piece of shit acer pc lappy with serato video and everything is running fine. The moment I HOT PLUG the DDJ-SX2 in, it peaks and is in the RED without even doing anything. This is from a boot, with nothing running except serato dj and mix emergency. The videos are frozen, then the DDJ-SX decides its not going to respond. Even the channel selector for the crossfader stopped working. The only way a god damn track plays is if I hold the cue button. I suppose you people forgot about that bug that I found back 1 week into retail of the DDJ-SX1. Yeah that bug never got fixed. So now Im here, supposed to get paid 750 euros for a 4 hour set, and I cant even fucking play. Please tell me WHY, even after a reboot of the entire computer, hardware and such, that nothing fixes it. Guess what, I shut this dog shit program down, and started SSL, with a DJM 800 mixer, SL4, and everything runs fine. The firmware is up to date on the DDJ-SX2. Your program made me look like a fucking idiot, once again. I am so over all of this horse shit. Youre god damn right Im mad. Ive been running SSL since 2005, with minimal issues, now since the introduction of Serato DJ, Ive been made a FOOL, once again! How the fuck am I supposed to move forward when this shit aint working right? maybe I should start a ticket so you can just close it and not respond? I am seriously so upset right now, I lost 750euros, do you wanna pay me my salary for the night since no matter what I do, Serato DJ wont run? They only have a DJM 800 as master mixer and a DDJ-SUCKS2. What am I supposed to do, internal mix for 600 people? And before you people try to tell me Im doing something wrong, or somethings wrong with my computer, please spare me the insult. Why not put some more controllers out that DONT FUCKING WORK? You are as bad, if not worse than Virtual DJ was in the 2000s. This is an outrage and I am so over stressing over this shit. Id ask you to advise on what I should do, but its pretty clear. I need to make sure all my events moving forward have no bedroom/piece of shit DDJ-SUCKS controllers. I will never trust Serato DJ ever again. Your program has ruined my night and Im out 750 euro. My paypal is djjackmillz@gmail.com maybe you can take it out of your salary and pay me what Im deserved for looking like a fucking beginner.
Millz 12:23 AM - 21 June, 2015
No matter what I did, adjusting the latency, shutting M.E. off, talking dirty to it, nothing fixed it. I am lost for words now. I dont even know where to begin, my 2011 macbook pro 2.5 i7 w 16 gb of ram was running a cool 68c then the moment I plug it into the SX2, it started climbing to 80 then peaked at 102 without even doing anything. 102c, I couldve lost a drive for fucks sake, without even doing anything.
dj lashes 1:50 AM - 21 June, 2015
i feel you bro ive started to get some issue to with this last update ...like
1. playing and out the blue the sound gets all robotic only way to fix is to restart..
2. serato just shuts down
3. music skips, jumps or speed forward (then continues fine)..

not sure what serato changed but now i have to play with a back ipad, cd player, MP3..etc just incase sh1t happens..
Tommy Deem 2:46 AM - 21 June, 2015
One question. Did u test ur software and hardware through before this "big" gig?? Meaning did u played couple 4-6h sets audio/video mixing?? If u didn't then u fucked up as a dj. Going gig with put knowing that will ur equipment work. If u tested everything fully then this is sad for u. But basics, test ur shit, test it more, even more, then to live gig.
Tommy Deem 2:49 AM - 21 June, 2015
Cauze what i have experienced and tested what others have been through. I will say that 90% of the cases the user has done something wrong or dosen't know what to do at all....
Millz 9:42 AM - 21 June, 2015
Tommy,

So you are trying to tell me that every DDJ controller is different yes? So one DDJ-SX2, could function differently than the next ddj-sx2? LOL

There is something wrong, and its not my computer, or me as a user doing something wrong. i was an alpha and beta tester for SSL for years, then we had to part ways because we were reporting bugs, some major, some minor, and nothing was getting done, but more features were added and these bugs were just swept under the carpet. I should not have to test every single DDJ-SX, SX2, SZ every time I go out gigging. Thats the purpose of these controllers right, plug and play, make the DJs life easier. If I had it my way I would run SSL and 2 cdj 2000 Nexus decks and a DJM2000 Nexus for life, but some spots over here in Europe dont have that and I have to work with what they have.

WIth that being said, There was a back up in place [satellite radio], and another DJ to spin the rest of the night. Maybe you should do a little bit of a background checking before insulting my intelligence. I played on the same DDJ-SX2 2 weeks ago with only one issue...Serato DJ crashed while loading a mp4 I've played 10,000 times.
Millz 9:46 AM - 21 June, 2015
I'll be doing some tests today with this controller, and will try to figure out what is going on. Owner has allowed me to come back today while they clean up the spot and let me mess with the setup.

There's nothing worse than being confident in your gear, for years and years, then getting let down because the stability and performance is questionable every time you plug into a different controller.
Millz 1:18 PM - 21 June, 2015
97973 ticket number.
dj vernon nyc 3:41 PM - 21 June, 2015
I feel you bro i haven't used serato dj 1.7.5 with video in awhile cause of problems and the fear of it crashing during a gig! I have ddj-SX 1,2 and a SZ,last night was the first time i used my sz with 1.7.5 with out video no problems, i was shocked! Also i heard if your using the new OS that just came out theres problems with it and serato Dj! When i do my weekly gig i use SL with a Rane 62 no problems!
deejdave 3:44 PM - 21 June, 2015
Do you have any hardware to try SDJ at your house? Also are you able to try the SX2 at your house. I wouldn't be too comfortable attempting to play on anything without extensive (rigorous) testing on my own terms in a controlled environment.

Not saying the crash is your fault at all but did you not have the most current (stable) version still installed on your laptop ready to go? These versions are like 180 MB's and do not hurt anything keeping previsions versions.
Millz 3:55 PM - 21 June, 2015
I played on this same controller 2 weeks ago with zero performance problems...only had a crash when loading an mp4 I've played 10,000 times. I started a help ticket. I dont really know whats going on, cause today I went back to the spot and hooked in and everything was near flawless, until i started scratching and looping and pressing buttons quickly, the yellow usb lit up a few times, and hit red once, with that crackling/robotic sound that happens when the USB is close to dropping out. I still feel there may be something wrong with this SX2 or a voltage issue on the wall wart 220v....strange indeed.
dj lashes 4:33 PM - 21 June, 2015
Quote:
One question. Did u test ur software and hardware through before this "big" gig?? Meaning did u played couple 4-6h sets audio/video mixing?? If u didn't then u fucked up as a dj. Going gig with put knowing that will ur equipment work. If u tested everything fully then this is sad for u. But basics, test ur shit, test it more, even more, then to live gig.

not sure if this^ was to me or millz but in my case i dj every night and weekends 2 to 4 shows a night as well as radio shows plus i have like 10 pro controllers 3 mac 2win so trust me i know when serato is the problem...
JDforKing 5:03 PM - 21 June, 2015
Quote:
I played on this same controller 2 weeks ago with zero performance problems...only had a crash when loading an mp4 I've played 10,000 times. I started a help ticket. I dont really know whats going on, cause today I went back to the spot and hooked in and everything was near flawless, until i started scratching and looping and pressing buttons quickly, the yellow usb lit up a few times, and hit red once, with that crackling/robotic sound that happens when the USB is close to dropping out. I still feel there may be something wrong with this SX2 or a voltage issue on the wall wart 220v....strange indeed.

What is your usb latency set at?
Millz 5:23 PM - 21 June, 2015
Was at 10, set it all the way to the right to 20, and it ran better [today]...but last night nothing was working properly.
JDforKing 5:37 PM - 21 June, 2015
I just started using mix emergency 2.7.1 again with my ddj sx and serato dj 1.7.4 and had good results. My USB latency is set at 5 with pitch n time enabled using a late 2011 13 inch MacBook Pro. I've always had mix emergency on my computer but opted to use serato video for the last year or so. Mix emergency is a much better program but I felt more comfortable using serato video after switching from my ttm 57 to a pioneer ddj sx. Mix emergency makes my computer run a little choppy but it's workable.

Have you tried using a previous version of serato dj?
Millz 5:45 PM - 21 June, 2015
At the time, it was a quick decision to switch back to the other dj, to not lose the room...I have an older version installed but didn't try it.
Tommy Deem 5:45 PM - 21 June, 2015
The point here wasn't that do u have experience on dj'ing or how much gear u own or how many gigs u do per week, it's about testing and working around issues if there is any, can't even think about going on gig with out testing new hardware st least an week. Went to the companys warehouse and picked up one of these sx2:s, today 4h playing with video and no problems. Only equipment which I ever had issues was my ns7II and akai amx but found work around for those also. So yes, seems like this sx2 didn't work like ur's. 90% of the cases the problem is computer talking to hardware issue. I bet this one u have is also one of those. Double check sx2 soundcard settings, analyze ur usb ports and u should get ur answer. This issue clearly sounds like that ur 2 pieces of hardware isn't talking to each other. Also if u own ptn time disable it.Then test it test it and test it. Sounds easy? It's is, these aren't rocket science :)
Tommy Deem 5:49 PM - 21 June, 2015
Serato as software is good, it hasn't ruined any of my gigs ty for continous testing with it. Allways 100% problem free hardware on my gigs. No dropouts, no freezes, no crashes with in 3years with serato dj, good software, and didn't have any bad hardware, allways the problem was in the user "me" and after work around flawless performance :)
Millz 6:31 PM - 21 June, 2015
I just started DJing last week. Its really just a part time job for me. :)
Millz 6:33 PM - 21 June, 2015
Thanks Tommy for takin the time regardless
Serato, Moderator
Samuel S 8:53 PM - 21 June, 2015
Hey Millz,

That sucks you had this issue at the club :( I've followed up your help ticket and someone from support will be on this asap this morning.

Hopefully we can find out what's going on here!

Sam.
DJ Tecniq 5:48 AM - 22 June, 2015
Same result I got when I tried to demo the SX2 at guitar center. Nothing worked it was buggy as shit. Not sure if it was firmware or not but I couldn't even load a track to a deck. It was garbage shit๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Millz 6:21 AM - 22 June, 2015
I had a friend hit me up overnight and tell me this could possibly be due to the way "spotlight" works now in Yosemite...saying it is now indexing his drives in the background or something...I just woke up here its 8am so i will be running tests all day and report back and within the ticket.
_jeri_ 10:26 AM - 22 June, 2015
I have no problems with
OSX 10.10.3
SDJ 1.7.5
M.E. 3.0.2

DDJ-SX2
MBP 15" 2011, Core i7, 8 GB DDR3, 1. internal 128 GB SSD (OSX and Apps), 2. internal 1,5 TB HDD (only Videos)

Quote:
my 2011 macbook pro 2.5 i7 w 16 gb of ram
16 bg ram?? According to the specifications, the maximum is 8 GB.

I use SDJ since beginn with DDJ-SX and i have only 1 crash! But it was my fault, so I knew why that was.
Millz 10:53 AM - 22 June, 2015
late 2011, 16 gb ram. Im not a beginner in any way shape or form. We are working on figuring out a solution.
Tommy Deem 3:45 PM - 22 June, 2015
google also serato dj optimization and check those. There can be also the solution.
nik39 4:05 PM - 22 June, 2015
Quote:
google also serato dj optimization and check those. There can be also the solution.

Oh man. So which part of "Im not a beginner in any way shape or form." was difficult to understand? ;)
Tommy Deem 4:09 PM - 22 June, 2015
And that comment helped him how?? ;)
Tommy Deem 4:09 PM - 22 June, 2015
Quote:

Milz
The Return of Dj Sparky 4:24 PM - 22 June, 2015
you never mentioned what version of OSX your using,

also now what you want to hear now as its too late but you should have had another partition with a backup OS like windows or another OSX that might have gotten you around the issue
djfreshdj 5:44 PM - 22 June, 2015
serato upgrade is the big dame prob here an they now it..mines have been down since the upgrade.. software will not connect to my SL3..
Millz 6:08 PM - 22 June, 2015
All joking aside, I do not need any advice on how to optimize my computer, Serato Dj, or any other novice type things. I should've could've would've's are already too late. I am touring in Europe right now, and some of the spots have Pioneer controllers. I run SSL back in the States, where I have had zero issues, running an alpha version of SSL for years with zero live crashes.

I appreciate you guys suggesting things, though.
nik39 7:31 PM - 22 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Milz

You truly seem to know what sarcasm is.

[end of sarcasm ;)]
Serato, Moderator
Samuel S 10:52 PM - 22 June, 2015
Quote:
serato upgrade is the big dame prob here an they now it..mines have been down since the upgrade.. software will not connect to my SL3..

Hey djfreshdj,

I see Ian is helping you out on your help ticket to resolve this issue. I've bumped the ticket and he should get back to you soon to continue looking into why this is happening.

Sam.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:58 PM - 22 June, 2015
Hey Millz

Thanks for working with Luke in your ticket.

Seeing you were mentioning spotlight out here, I thought I'd drop some info on how to eliminate it as a possible cause. It's a bit bulky to copy and paste, but you can find how to disable spotlight for certain drives at the bottom of this article: support.serato.com

It's a bit of an all or nothing solution, but if spotlight indexing is gobbling up CPU processing, there's no other way to stop it unfortunately.

Let Luke know in the ticket if you try it so he can cross it off his list.

Cheers
djfreshdj 3:09 PM - 23 June, 2015
Serato.. yes he is helpin out. but i have done all that already from supp team..I finally got SL to work with SL3..SDJ 1.7.3 is still not workin.
Serato, Moderator
Samuel S 8:05 PM - 23 June, 2015
Cool, i'd keep working with him djfreshdj, it might be a little frustrating but chances are we can find out the problem and get you up and running smooth.

sam.
DJNitro12 9:11 PM - 23 June, 2015
I think what some people fail to understand is that if it's not a hardware issue and is certainly a PC or Mac issue, it's really hard for the Serato staff to pinpoint the exact problem. You give two DJ's the exact same laptop and in a month, one could work and one could crash. You could have completely different software running in the background that kills it, hell even if you buy the same laptop at different retailers you can run into problems, like Best Buy installs their bloatware on most laptops. I would try removing any and all programs that aren't necessary to DJ with. Most you can keep but shut off the process when you work like Wifi if you can your anti-virus. If your laptop has a gaming mode, try that. My laptops run bare bones and are extremely fast.
djfreshdj 3:42 PM - 24 June, 2015
djnitro12.. i personally dont agree with all u r sayin.. gud ting i use denon 3700 and 2 flash drive for back up.cant trust a pc nor mac, serato nor stand alone controllers
DJNitro12 3:54 PM - 24 June, 2015
Quote:
djnitro12.. i personally dont agree with all u r sayin.. gud ting i use denon 3700 and 2 flash drive for back up.cant trust a pc nor mac, serato nor stand alone controllers

You don't have to agree with me, but I do have my MCSE. But I always have a backup lappy too. No matter how good anything is built or configured, anything can break or come loose. I do think, however you missed my point. My point was even two identical computers can be configured differently making it hard for Serato support staff to determine an exact cause for a problem.
djfreshdj 4:05 PM - 24 June, 2015
cool.and i get it..think serato need to work harder too.
DJNitro12 4:18 PM - 24 June, 2015
Possibly, but I've never had a problem with them, that being said, if I have a question, usually another user responds within an hour or so.
nik39 7:43 PM - 24 June, 2015
Quote:
You don't have to agree with me, but I do have my MCSE.

Mixing on
Computers with
Serato
Equipment?

Impressive. No, seriously...

Quote:
I think what some people fail to understand is that if it's not a hardware issue and is certainly a PC or Mac issue

that makes no sense at all.
DJNitro12 7:47 PM - 24 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
You don't have to agree with me, but I do have my MCSE.

Mixing on
Computers with
Serato
Equipment?

Impressive. No, seriously...

Quote:
I think what some people fail to understand is that if it's not a hardware issue and is certainly a PC or Mac issue

that makes no sense at all.

Ok what does having an MCSE have to do with what I mix with? And the other comment meant that it's easier to diagnose a DJ hardware issue than a computer issue.
nik39 7:50 PM - 24 June, 2015
Quote:
Ok what does having an MCSE have to do with what I mix with?

You tell me why you brought up that you're an MCSE. It has nothing to do with this discussion here. ;)

Quote:
And the other comment meant that it's easier to diagnose a DJ hardware issue than a computer issue.

Hm, sorry, I can't follow you.

The way I understand you is that you said that if there is a problem and it is *not* a hardware issue, then it must be either a PC or Mac issue, as in PC+Mac being the OS. So either it is hardware issue, or an operating issue. Ruling out that it could be an issue with the other software components involved... such as the Serato software.
DJNitro12 7:56 PM - 24 June, 2015
Because my MCSE should tell those who know what an MCSE is that I know what I'm talking about on the computer side of things. And as far as the PC / Mac thing, I meant the computer in general but thank you for making my point for me. If they have definitely ruled out the hardware, there's a lot that could be the cause on the computer side with either the hardware or software of the computer. So let's say you have an issue, you plug another computer in and it works fine with the same hardware, then you have a computer issue. But is it the computer hardware or the software that's the issue or a combo of the two.
nik39 9:05 PM - 24 June, 2015
Quote:
Because my MCSE should tell those who know what an MCSE is that I know what I'm talking about on the computer side of things.

As said, I disagree, the MCSE has nothing to do with this topic, and it tells very little about your capability to narrow down the causes of malfunctioning system such as here.

Besides.. the MCSE is very much tailored to the Windows ecosystem. Did you even realize that the OP's system is not a Windows system? ;)
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 12:06 AM - 25 June, 2015
Quote:
Besides.. the MCSE is very much tailored to the Windows ecosystem. Did you even realize that the OP's system is not a Windows system? ;)

Ding, Ding.... Winner, winner Chicken dinner!!!

Posted that to track this thread.

Sam just lightly spanked my hand and corrected me in another thread for suggesting that a DJ on older equipment shy away from 1.7.5.

I really do want to upgrade to the latest and greatest to be in "the cool kids club" but don't wanna be "that guy" in the stone ages with SSL 1.9.2 either.

Again - tracking.... : )
DJNitro12 12:22 AM - 25 June, 2015
So if you're having computer issues, you're just going to let anyone work on your computer, or someone who has a knowledge of IRQ's, system process files, services, etc? All I'm trying to say, once you've eliminated the dj hardware as the problem and decided it's the laptop, it could be a thousand different things.
DJNitro12 12:23 AM - 25 June, 2015
And again, it could be a pc or a mac.
nik39 6:10 AM - 25 June, 2015
Quote:
And again, it could be a pc or a mac.

I'll give you a Mac and you'll show me how your knowledge about conflicting irqs, memory mappings, dll hell and drivers will help you resolving the issue on an osx system, okay? ;)

And... I know it's hard to acknowledge but the MCSE knowledge is pretty generic, very theoretical and on top: you just learn the answers Microsoft wants you to give. Even though practically you would give a different solution to a specific problem/situatikn you learn to give the answers Microsoft wants to hear.
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:33 PM - 25 June, 2015
Maybe Serato should just point us towards one particular PC (Mac or Windows) and call it the official Serato computer.

Or endorse one particular one eg Serato Compatible/Ready

And any other PC can be Serato Usable

It was more fun when all we had was Rane Hardware, now even Rane Hardware works funny with Serato.

I have a 62 and I often have different issues with it.

So long as I can mix two tracks anyways I'm good.
DJNitro12 1:40 PM - 25 June, 2015
You know the thing with the MCSE is more about experience. When I hire my IT guys, I'll hire someone with an MCSA / E or someone who has a computer science degree with no MCSA / E. And as far as the IRQ's, etc in Mac, you can adjust them in the non-GUI UNIX layer of OS X. I'm not a Mac user but if I were to recommend a lappy to a new dj or someone who's not computer savvy, I'd recommend a mac.
DJNitro12 1:41 PM - 25 June, 2015
Quote:
or someone who has a computer science degree with no MCSA / E.

I meant to say "over", not "or"
nik39 2:05 PM - 25 June, 2015
Quote:
And as far as the IRQ's, etc in Mac, you can adjust them in the non-GUI UNIX layer of OS X.

Did you learn that from your MCSE?

;)

That's exactly my point.
DJNitro12 2:11 PM - 25 June, 2015
No, because we use multiple OS's here I have my ACMT too.
nik39 3:09 PM - 25 June, 2015
Quote:
That's exactly my point.
nik39 3:17 PM - 25 June, 2015
Anyway, I guess we're going offtopic now.
DJNitro12 3:24 PM - 25 June, 2015
Quote:
Agreed
ral 7:37 PM - 25 June, 2015
sorry to hear that millz

but thx i wont be buying the sx2 since im eyeing on it

i'll stick with another crappy controller that i have vci400 until the perfect controller is out there

meanwhile, 1200s / 57mk2 works ok for now with sdj for me (1 usb buffer / me)
Serato, Moderator
Michael R 8:50 PM - 25 June, 2015
Quote:

Indeed. Please feel free to start a private discussion if you two wish as you seem to be the only ones wanting to debate this.
Millz 3:21 PM - 26 June, 2015
Dear Serato.

My buddy and I went out and bought a 2014 iMAC to DJ from. Its permanently installed in the booth. I have sat here for 4 hours creating crates and subcrates. Start analyzing them and it KEEPS FREEZING on the FLAC fliles! So I just spent 4 hours for absolutely nothing. No the files are not corrupted, they play fine on the PC laptop with serato installed. What the fuck is going on here? You guys added all this new shit, and nothing is working right. Come on man, I want to be nice and I want to try to understand, but for fucks sake, fix this shit! :(
Millz 3:23 PM - 26 June, 2015
What happens when Serato freezes and you have to force close? Anyone? All the work you spent building crates, and such, settings and what not...GO AWAY...

thanks Serato for wasting my time once again.
Millz 3:24 PM - 26 June, 2015
I seriously can not win. Im about to flush Serato DJ down the toilet and run SSL for the rest of my life. I am so let down, so seriously done with all of this shit. You guys are losing the faith of a decade long customer and supporter, over instability and massive show stopping bugs in your programming.
DJNitro12 3:31 PM - 26 June, 2015
Can I ask if they are on internal or external drives? Drive speed? 5,400 / 7,200 rpm? Do you do videos too or just audio files?
Millz 3:33 PM - 26 June, 2015
Nitro,

With all due respect, I'm moving this conversation to private with Serato. I literally just cant right now. I...just...cant...
DJNitro12 6:06 PM - 26 June, 2015
Sorry bud
deejdave 8:08 PM - 26 June, 2015
I truly feel bad for you. I don't understand how this is all happening to you. I won't sit here and throw in your face how well things have been going (only two bugs to date and they were in no way a big deal as well as were both fixed via SDJ 1.7) but I will say I do hope things make a turn for the better and you can have the same experience. I think it would be best for you to do as you said and go with Serato support exclusively as all the trivial guessing my us all will not help in any way but may in fact stir you up even more.

Good luck.

As for your question though is the crate work will usually stay but the tag work will "seemingly" disappear until you re-scan ID3 tags or load the track into a deck at which time the tags will revert to the updated status it was directly prior to the crash.
DJNitro12 8:23 PM - 26 June, 2015
Quote:
I truly feel bad for you. I don't understand how this is all happening to you. I won't sit here and throw in your face how well things have been going (only two bugs to date and they were in no way a big deal as well as were both fixed via SDJ 1.7) but I will say I do hope things make a turn for the better and you can have the same experience. I think it would be best for you to do as you said and go with Serato support exclusively as all the trivial guessing my us all will not help in any way but may in fact stir you up even more.

Good luck.

As for your question though is the crate work will usually stay but the tag work will "seemingly" disappear until you re-scan ID3 tags or load the track into a deck at which time the tags will revert to the updated status it was directly prior to the crash.

Couldn't have said it better.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 9:05 PM - 26 June, 2015
Quote:
I...just...cant...

OMG,,,, ROTFL....

If you ever get this Serato DJ thing worked out Millz or when you go back to SSL maybe, just maybe you'll have extra time and take up video editing or something Big Dogg...

Since you are NEW to this whole DJ thang and all....

<so glad I started tracking this thread - it delvers - and sorry for all your issues Millz>
eder 7:55 AM - 27 June, 2015
Quote:
I seriously can not win. Im about to flush Serato DJ down the toilet and run SSL for the rest of my life. I am so let down, so seriously done with all of this shit. You guys are losing the faith of a decade long customer and supporter, over instability and massive show stopping bugs in your programming.

Quote:
Can I ask if they are on internal or external drives? Drive speed? 5,400 / 7,200 rpm? Do you do videos too or just audio files?

Have you tried checking the plasma fluid line to the motherboard yet?
DJ Tecniq 8:46 AM - 27 June, 2015
Serato DJ is the New World Order for DJ's๐Ÿ˜‚ hold tight๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ฏ
Deejae Smooth 4:17 PM - 28 June, 2015
First time in SIX years of using any Serato software, I get a TWO second drop in audio from the Laptop to my DDJ-SX. I'd been using 1.7.5 since it's release but on an older version OS X (Lion maybe?). I upgraded to Yosemite 10.10.3 last week.
--------------------
Log file created at: 2015/06/27 18:50:26
Running on machine: MacBookPro.local
Log line format: [IWEF]mmdd hh:mm:ss.uuuuuu threadid file:line] msg
I0627 22:59:30.798369 2695709140 RtMidiInConnection.cpp:151] RtMidiInConnection : Close : name=PIONEER DDJ-SX, address=/mac/midi/coremidi/PIONEER DDJ-SX/bf889f2f?pid=0171&unique_group=363c977&vid=08e4
I0627 22:59:30.798396 2695709140 RtMidiInConnection.cpp:160] RtMidiInConnection : Close : closing port name=PIONEER DDJ-SX, address=/mac/midi/coremidi/PIONEER DDJ-SX/bf889f2f?pid=0171&unique_group=363c977&vid=08e4
I0627 22:59:30.798563 2695709140 RtMidiOutConnection.cpp:124] RtMidiOutConnection : Close : name=PIONEER DDJ-SX, address=/mac/midi/coremidi/PIONEER DDJ-SX/5a23273c?pid=0171&unique_group=363c977&vid=08e4
I0627 22:59:30.798575 2695709140 RtMidiOutConnection.cpp:129] RtMidiOutConnection : Close : reset connection name=PIONEER DDJ-SX, address=/mac/midi/coremidi/PIONEER DDJ-SX/5a23273c?pid=0171&unique_group=363c977&vid=08e4
I0627 22:59:30.831274 2695709140 PortAudioConnection.cpp:47] PortAudioConnection : Stop : resetting callbacks
I0627 22:59:30.831305 2695709140 CPortAudio.cpp:936] CPortAudio : PortAudioStop
I0627 22:59:30.868859 2695709140 CPortAudio.cpp:965] CPortAudio : PortAudioStop : destroying buffers
I0627 22:59:30.868876 2695709140 CPortAudio.cpp:980] CPortAudio : PortAudioStop : terminating Pa
I0627 22:59:32.586966 2695709140 PortAudioConnection.cpp:47] PortAudioConnection : Stop : resetting callbacks
I0627 22:59:32.587002 2695709140 CPortAudio.cpp:936] CPortAudio : PortAudioStop
I0627 22:59:32.588683 2695709140 PortAudioConnection.cpp:47] PortAudioConnection : Stop : resetting callbacks
I0627 22:59:32.588699 2695709140 CPortAudio.cpp:936] CPortAudio : PortAudioStop
I0627 22:59:32.588706 2695709140 CNativeMixer.cpp:812] Tearing down mix architecture
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:22 PM - 28 June, 2015
Hey Millz - Thanks for continuing to work with Luke in your ticket. Have you let him know about the issue analyzing the FLAC files?

We have seen this once or twice before but only with particular FLAC files (definitely not across all FLAC files). Luke will probably suggest this as well, but could you try analyzing the FLAC files one by one to see if it's only some of them that cause a hang?

Aaron
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:33 PM - 28 June, 2015
Hi Deejae Smooth

Was the dropout with 10.7 or 10.10.3? If it's the first dropout you've had in 6 years and it happened just after updating your OS, it's highly likely to be related to the update.

Maybe have a run through the steps in our Mac optimization article just to make sure the OS is optimal for use with Serato DJ: support.serato.com

Cheers, Aaron
Deejae Smooth 10:35 PM - 29 June, 2015
10.10.3. This was the first gig I'd done since upgrading to Yosemite.

It's not my Macbook Pro. I've gone through those steps in that optimization article plus other ones I've read about online.

Your version 1.7.5 does not like Yosemite.
Dj Premzy 8:00 AM - 21 April, 2016
Hi, please i need your help , l bought Numark Mixtrack pro ii, with serato intro sofrware installed on my laptop, it works . after 1 years i bought another Numark NV CONTROLLER , so i had to update my software to serato dj 1.6.3, it works. i later bought another laptop with the same spec. installed the Software (serato 1.6.3 ) directly. i also installed the same software to my colleague laptop,when the other two laptops connected to NV controller its doesnot connect. please does it mean 2 or 3 laptop cannot be connect to the same controller.

If no, let me no what steps i need to take for the remaining 2 laptop to connect.

Thankz
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:09 PM - 21 April, 2016
Hi Dj Premzy

If you are trying to connect 2 laptops at the same time then yes, I'm afraid this is not possible with the NV. Some controllers and mixers allow for two computers to be connected, but this is not available with the NV.

If you are just trying to connect different laptops (but not at the same time) and you are having issues, then you should work through our connection troubleshooting steps.

Mac: support.serato.com
Windows: support.serato.com

Also, I would highly recommend getting the latest version of Serato DJ from serato.com as we have fixed a lot of bugs and added a lot of features since version 1.6.3

Aaron
Dj Premzy 10:40 PM - 21 April, 2016
Thanks for the quick reply,

Am not connecting the two at the same time. One after the other. I just downloaded the new version now 1.9.0. And installed on the two laptops. It works on the old laptop but the new one could not be connected

Below software drivers was Installed when the controller USB was connected to the new laptop using WINDOW 7

Generic USB hub
USB composite device
USB composite device
USB composite device
NV control
NV audio
NV graphics

Yet I couldn't connect.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:48 PM - 21 April, 2016
No problem, cheers for the clarification.

It's likely either something quite simple or something complex (really helpful info! :)

First up, I would ask you to make sure you have covered all the steps in this guide support.serato.com.

If you still have an issue after that, it would be best to open up a help request (button to the side of the comment box) so one of the team can work with you to investigate what might be happening.

Let me know how it goes.

Aaron
Dj Premzy 6:19 AM - 22 April, 2016
Thanz for the help.

I will follow that steps in the guide later.