DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Songs get marked (colored) as played the instant the track is played while cue

DJBOOTLEG 5:47 PM - 19 June, 2015
After checking all over the web I can not find a solution for this.
I am Running a Rane Sixty-Two DJ Mixer. Somewhere within one of the last updates Serato's coloring of played tracks has changed (or my mixer has broken). Now when I am cueing a track it turns blue (or grey depending on your setting), the instant I cue the track. As for me this did not start happening until a recent update (or the crossfader broken). Prior, I would cue a song and no color would change until the cross fader was switched over. This HAS been discussed in other Serato forum As said by:::
Mike Butler 12:22 AM - 1 May, 2015
""If you don't have the main volume sliders up the track isn't marked as played now. They seem to have changed the track played logic totally in 1.7.4 - it now seems to be marked as played if the track is played AND the volume slider is open. There are no conditions like having to play in a 1-2-1 sequence anymore. Playing with the volume down and CUE enabled doesn't mark the track as played. This was a major thing for me in 1.7.3 too as I do mainly parties and weddings where I'm often pre-listening to tracks.""

This is the only way I can get around this bug! I don't see to many people talking about this. Is my software messed up? or my Sixty-Two messed up (my firmware is current)? I feel like i can't be the only one going crazy with this problem!

• Upfader open and crossfader is closed

• the track is played (wether it be via a cue point or playing the track with transport control on your CDJ/Vinyl or midi mapped play button in INT mode).

•••Problem••• the track turns color as if it has been played. No one has heard the track, just me trying to cue it.
DJ Stoyvo 8:53 PM - 19 June, 2015
I have the same problem, but when I use the club kit. On my SL4 it's perfectly fine.

Honestly, it should only turn the track blue when another deck loads a track
DJBOOTLEG 2:26 AM - 27 July, 2015
Ok I think I figured something out! I got my Sixty-two fixed about a year ago. They replaced the fader. Im now thinking it has to do with something wrong with the cross fader. will post again as soon as Rane gives it a look.
DJ Dub Cowboy 3:09 PM - 27 July, 2015
I've been noticing this as well.

62 SDJ 1.7.5 i7 MBP
DJBOOTLEG 6:01 AM - 2 October, 2015
I now think its not a software issue with Serato but a hardware issue with the Rane Sixty-Two mixer its self. At one point I had a crossfader replaced by Rane and I bet someone messed up or its a flaw in the cross fader. Every week I just force playing with bunk gear... drives me crazy every Friday and Saturday night!