Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

OS X El Capitan! Developer Beta Available Dear Serato Team!

BleedR 9:32 PM - 8 June, 2015
I just wanted to suggest to you, to get it and start testing Serato DJ compatibility.
I mean you don't want to do it like with Mavericks and Yosemite... I mean waiting till official release to notice that your software isn't working, or not being able to fix bugs problems till a new OS X comes out :/
As far as your complaints that there are USB problems because of Mavericks and especially Yosemite, THIS might be another chance to jump on to the beta and work it out with Apple (if it's really their fault which I personally doubt).

Just my 2 cents!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 12:21 AM - 10 June, 2015
Hey man,

You're 100% right, we should get it to test and we will :)

The reason we can't announce support until after testing the final version is because we need to test this final version as it's not 100% exactly the same as the final beta versions. We also can't announce a timeframe for support because until we can test, there's no way to tell if there will be issues that need fixing before support can be given.

We're down to support this though and will as soon as we can!

Sam.
SkydiverFL 12:13 PM - 10 June, 2015
Suggestion...

Since Apple's beta operating systems are only released to licensed Apple software developers, why not also provide the same type of access to Serato builds? We're not the typical users and can provide lower-level technical feedback during the dev process.

Thanx,
Fred
BleedR 12:26 PM - 10 June, 2015
Quote:
Suggestion...

Since Apple's beta operating systems are only released to licensed Apple software developers, why not also provide the same type of access to Serato builds? We're not the typical users and can provide lower-level technical feedback during the dev process.

Thanx,
Fred

Actually they do so, it's the closed private beta to "pro" users. After testing with them Serato releases the public beta
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:20 PM - 10 June, 2015
BleedR is correct, once we've done internal testing it'll go to private beta and then on to public beta :)

Sam.
DJ ROMO MIAMI 4:28 AM - 10 September, 2015
I'm down to beta test I'm a developer and love music please let me know where i can join the beta testing
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:16 PM - 10 September, 2015
Hey ROMO,

look out for announcements around public betas. We pick our private beta testers from users who participate and give us good feedback during public beta :)

sam.
Asu 8:47 PM - 2 October, 2015
used DDJ-SX + Serato DJ 1.7.8 with EL Capitan Gold Master and there were no issues at all.

10:00PM to 4:00AM...yeah it's that stable...TTM MKII testing next
urpns 11:31 AM - 5 October, 2015
testing and taking risk in my gig. doing 4 to 5 gigs a week.i did a risky move thikning it would be ok. i installed El Capitan without backing up my mac.now im stucked and no time to go back to Yosemite.and yes its my fault and it was stupid of me to do it. i would like to share my experience. serato dj can be detected for a few seconds and then say's no connection. i was using the clubs pioneer srt. so i hooked up my sl4 and scratch live it all started with really bad song dropouts on each song. i let another dj take over as i analyzed all my songs then worked flawlessly i love serato dj software. its a great software. but i really wish Serato continues to develop instead of them stopping scratch live as its a solid software. we are pros in california and most of us are still using scratch live . alot of us find it more reliable and stable. im sure you guys will find the solution to make serato dj stable but i really think scratch live would be a great back up in situation like this. its what made you famous. and made it industry standard. we tested sl1 sl2, sl3 and sl4 . only sl2 has issues using scratch live. and for serato dj we dont have issues with the pioneer controllers. we had issues with the srt and using the sl box. thanks for reading and i apologize if in any way i offended anyone with this message
deejdave 12:09 AM - 6 October, 2015
www.digitaldjtips.com

Serato DJ is not the only software NOT stable or not yet supporting by El Capitan. As a matter of fact almost none are experiencing zero issues.
Mr. Goodkat 10:15 AM - 7 October, 2015
i just dont understand why people feel the need to update to new os with software that they know has been developed on old os. and then think it needs to work like the old software.

i know computer guys usually have more than one computer, and most people know that software is generally not compatible with new os. i would get it if it was like the old apple days where they released a new os every 2-3 years, people forget, but now they have something new dropping every year and its the 3rd time, mavericks, yosemite and now capitan that people complain about this. i wouldnt do it because i have serato, traktor, ableton and logic on my computers. but i dont make money with anything but serato, so i would def check that out before updating.
Asu 12:18 PM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:
doing 4 to 5 gigs a week.i did a risky move thikning it would be ok. i installed El Capitan without backing up my mac

What in the world where you thinking? I installed the Gold Master of El capitan and everything works just the same...but you MUST BACKUP YOUR WHOLE DRIVE BEFORE ANY AN AUTHORISED SERATO UPGRADES.

this makes it easy to go back to the older setup...or test on a second computer.

Scratch Live is a good backup solution but Serato DJ is the primary solution right now...the sooner you accept that,the better your life will be.

I have no issues with Serato DJ on El Capitan.
Asu 12:29 PM - 7 October, 2015
i mean...UN AUTHORIZED...

let's not pass the buck when we screw up...be responsible
urpns 9:20 PM - 7 October, 2015
im not passing the buck and yes i screwed up not backing up. i never blamed anyone for it. and ive been working using serato dj and doing 4-5 gigs a week we not just me. found that scratch live is much stable than serato dj. we do 4 to 5 hours a gig. you are lucky you are one of those who is not affected but almost everyone of us are experiencing problems with serato dj software. no problems using a controller such as ddjsx ddjsz etc. but we dont want to bring our controllers in a club that has the industry standard setup. we just bring our laptop vinyl or control cds. i only use the controller for mobile gigs. im simply sharing my experience. serato even released a statement that they are having issues with it. i am again not blaming anyone for the choice i made upgrading. i just thought it would make my macbook faster and more stable and it didnt. scratch live is working fine for alot of us. and just saying it works better for us here in the bay. we do this for a living. we make mistakes and we learn. and maybe that what makes us stronger and more experienced in terms of trouble shooting. =P
djnativeson 1:26 AM - 8 October, 2015
I upgraded and had no problem with my Rane 2015 but then I did a gig with my Rane 68 and it was totally unstable. What mixers are anyone having issues with? I will also try my Pioneer SRT & Nexus and see if it causes problems too. Ill report my findings.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 3:44 AM - 8 October, 2015
Hi djnativeson,

Here's a list of hardware that's having issues with El Capitan at the moment:

dj.rane.com
www.pioneerdj.com
www.numark.com

Cheers,
Michael.
djnativeson 12:58 PM - 8 October, 2015
Thanks Michael R
Asu 11:47 PM - 13 October, 2015
Rane TTM-57 MKII works fine too...at least for the 2 hrs i tested...Serato video however has issues on El Capitan,crashes,fader link issues...Mix Emergency is cool thus far.

before a gig...always reboot your Laptop instead of sleep mode...i find that has an effect on stability.
Asu 11:48 PM - 13 October, 2015
I'm glad non of my gear is on that incompatible list...DDJ-SX & Rane MKII :-)
deejdave 1:19 AM - 14 October, 2015
Hah! I think if your hardware were on that list you would heed their warning just as much as you did from Serato themselves! Just teasing but true at the same time ;)