DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

TTM57 mk2 cue echo

Mike_P 4:20 PM - 5 June, 2015
Just a heads up for anyone considering buying the new mixer. There is a horrible echo in the cue that makes headphone monitoring very difficult. I've emailed Serato and they have said that they confirmed the problem and that it will be addressed, hopefully with the next update. FYI

I am not at all pleased with the whole cue section of the mixer. I don't know why in the world they tried to integrate the original fader cue system with the 62 type cue system (cue/main pan knob) but it's a complete mess. Other than that glaring black eye, the rest of the mixer is great.
DJBlisk 6:41 PM - 5 June, 2015
Just wait for the firmware updates. the 62 had a slew of problems when it first came out too.
AKIEM 8:23 PM - 5 June, 2015
Ive been advocating for split cue day 1 TTM57.
(but Im certainly not a fan of echo :(
DJ Dynamight 10:07 PM - 5 June, 2015
That's strange...I'll test it on mine when I unbox it tomorrow.
Mike_P 4:50 PM - 6 June, 2015
Yeah they said it should be addressed with the next update.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 11:41 PM - 16 June, 2015
Hey guys,

We do indeed have this logged in our bug tracker now, thanks for reaching out to us Mike_P! It will be addressed in a future update, hold tight!

Thanks

Jas.
Mike_P 12:15 AM - 17 June, 2015
Thanks Jason.S!
sinetwo 10:40 PM - 16 November, 2017
Guys, did this get fixed? when playing directly through headphones only, i cue up deck A, , put headphones it to split cue (master/cue 50/50), and i'm hearing an echo?
Mike_P 5:40 PM - 12 December, 2017
Quote:
Guys, did this get fixed? when playing directly through headphones only, i cue up deck A, , put headphones it to split cue (master/cue 50/50), and i'm hearing an echo?

Kind of. They just built a weakass workaround into the firmware and washed their hands of it. So after you update your firmware, you'll notice that when you press the shift button on the mixer, the two top kill switches will start to blink. If you continue to hold the shift button and press one of the blinking lights, it will disengage the internal effects. With the effects off, you won't get the echo, but then you will have to redo the process if you want to use the effects, then redo it again next time you mix. It's a shitty, half-assed, attempt to fix a major issue with a very limited bandaid so they can say they did something while actually fucking everyone who bought a 57mkII