DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Pioneer DDJ-SB vs. Numark Mixtrack Pro 3

Klinton Kush 8:54 AM - 1 June, 2015
I am thinking about trading in my recently bought DDJ-SB for the Mixtrack Pro 3. I like the 100mm pitch fader, the touch-strip (for track searching, not so much for the FX control), illumination around the platters, the metal transport buttons, and VU meter. The two things the SB has that the Pro 3 doesn't is the filter fade (which I hardly ever use) and a button to activate "slip mode" (Shift + vinyl mode button), but I think the Pro 3's features far outweigh those. Would love to hear some thoughts from my fellow DJ's, especially those that are overseas and already have access to the Mixtrack Pro 3 as it doesn't come out in the states until June 1st......
Doug21 10:46 PM - 26 October, 2015
Wheres the discussion??.
Klinton Kush 10:48 PM - 26 October, 2015
No one responding to me so I ended up going way over budget and went with the DDJ-SX2
Doug21 10:52 PM - 26 October, 2015
Im going to go with pro 3
Klinton Kush 10:53 PM - 26 October, 2015
Solid choice. Although I hear the new SB2 is a great step up from the SB
#K 10:13 PM - 28 October, 2015
Quote:
Solid choice. Although I hear the new SB2 is a great step up from the SB

yup, i sold my SB and bought an SB2 some weeks ago...the gains and vu meter is really essential
Logisticalstyles 8:37 PM - 29 October, 2015
Lack of gains and VU meters is what stopped me from picking up the first SB. Now with these improvements, it's back on my radar.
Kreeo23 2:24 PM - 2 May, 2016
I'm thinking of getting my boyfriend a mix table and I'm not sure which one to get its between the pioneer ddj sb2 serato controller or the numark pro 3 dj controller any idea which is better and if they have the software that goes with it??
Klinton Kush 3:35 PM - 2 May, 2016
They both come with Lite versions of Serato called Serato DJ Intro, which can be upgraded to the full version. The SB2 also comes with a trial version of Rekordbox (Pioneer's in-house DJ software). When it comes to DJ equipment Pioneer is the way to go, I'd get him the SB2, guarantee he loves it. I bought myself the SB2 a year ago and liked it so much I ended up taking it back the next day to upgrade to thier high end controller, the SX2.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 9:53 PM - 2 May, 2016
I'd go with neither of them, check out the Denon MC 4000......
d:raf 3:00 AM - 3 May, 2016
Quote:

Don't buy one from the Caribbean though... www.caribbeanav.com
RodneyNZ 8:14 PM - 3 May, 2016
Kreeo23, may pay to look at the new Pioneer entry level controller that's going to be coming out although it doesn't use Serato but comes with full version of Rekord box
Klinton Kush 11:28 PM - 25 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Don't buy one from the Caribbean though... www.caribbeanav.com

OMG!!! $3,600?!?!? That's fraud! Lol