DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

My "OFFICAL" ZXA5 and ETX18SP Review

DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:21 PM - 31 May, 2015
So as you know, I'm now the proud owner (and newly inducted member into the ZXA5 "Club") of a set of ZXA5's and ETX18SP's.

First off, I'd like to thank all of you who contributed experiences and a varying array of knowledge of not just these speakers, but just getting into the Powered Speaker arena all the way around. Salute!

Now on to the show...

I knew I would need them for an upscale Black Tie event for a Black Lawyers Association that they asked me to DJ again for this year.

Last year, the DJ backed out (who backs out on an event for lawyers?), and they literally asked me at the last minute....Got the call at 10am, and was setting up by 4pm.

That event went well, so they contacted me March 2nd, and the event was on May 30th, so I had time to plan my conversion from the Cerwin V35's to a more modular system.

From the moment I got the call to do it again this year, I KNEW I wanted to put on a straight dog and pony show....WITH lights.

The audience was made solely of Minority lawyers, prosecutors, and the like.

At the same time, I knew that I needed to get rid of my van because I was approaching 130k miles but had 3 years left to pay on it - averaging 30k miles a year.

So first up, got a new ride March 27th. If you approach dealers at the end of the month, they'll honestly take a LOSS to make their quota. Not only did I get the Ford Explorer for a good price, they traded in my 2009 Chrysler Town and Country van with 129600 miles, 10k left to PAY, and 3 years left to PAY it. They TOTALLY ate it.....all.....

And would you believe, they SOLD IT, as I saw it being driven last week (with the dealer plate and temp tag) RIGHT past my street. Wow, good luck bruh.

Anyway, now I have an SUV and couldn't fit the Cerwins in there even if I WANTED to, so I HAD to go modular, and hope no "Big" events came up for me between March 30th and May 30th. I lucked out, all small or no speaker required events for that time.

Anyway, did my research here, settled on the ZXA5/ETX18SP combo, and paid for everything 5/20/2015, 10 days away from the event.

Due to shipping problems and the holiday, I got the speakers on Thurs 5/28/2015, spent Friday getting accessories - XLR's, Extension cords, Sub Stands (ones that fit), getting a new outboard line mixer, extra DMX cables, etc..etc..and REALLY didn't get a chance to do a sound test until early Saturday until it was time for me to pack up to go.

I was done testing by 1:30, packed up and in the SUV rolling out by 4:30, got to the place by 5:00.

Loading in by 5:15, finished unloading loading by 5:50. The event was on the 2nd floor thru the kitchen, and I had to share a freight elevator....***sigh***, those 18SP WHEELS are the bomb. Word up. I would roll in a ZXA5 on top of the EXT per trip....nice!

By 6:00, started setting up everything....by luck, they had a cocktail hour that started immediately outside the main area where I was @ 7pm, and lasted until 8, so I wasn't officially starting until 8:00 anyway.

Normally, it would take about 20 mins for me to set up the Cerwins, plug in a speaker wire, set up and plug in the amp rack and go. This process NOW took me an hour, maybe because I was being extra careful, wrapping wires around poles for a "cleaner" look, putting speakers on top of sub stands, running all those extra extension cords, TAPING all those cords down, splitting power, etc..etc.

BTW, the power sucked at the place, - not the supply, but the location of the AC jacks in particular. None at the central area where I was set up, but to my extreme left, right and OUTSIDE the room right around the corner....smh.

Miles of Gaffe tape.

Audio setup by basically 7:15ish, time to set up the lights. Went and got "O" clamps as suggested, had separate speaker stands for the lights and DMX cable to sync the two. The "O" clamps are TOO BIG for the stands, so I had to Jerry rig something to hold them in place, which did work, ran those wires, activated by sound, did testing.....The lasers on the Swarms are nice, but the "color" patterns look somewhat blurry in a big room....might need to upgrade (lol), but fairly quick and straight forward setup....

8:00 Entry - Playing Jazz music while the band that was playing for the cocktail hour from 7-8 broke down to come into the main area to setup and take over....I played for about 30 mins, then they basically took over during dinner and throughout the program until about
10:30.

10:30 -11:30 Showtime - Started off with classic Wobble, turnt up. Now, the sound to ME was VERY CLEAR, CLEARLY clearer than the Cerwins...

However, the "Knock" that I usually get from the Cerwins seemed to be better....no joke.

The Bass from the ETX18SP's was MUCH DEEPER, and clearer, more musical, covered an incredible range of bass notes from the entire spectrum, but just didnt' have the "Knock" I was "used" to ....not saying that change is bad, but I just needed to account for it.

The subs were NOT coupled, so that will probably make a difference, but again, I was going for the upscale look vs. sound.

The ZXA5 were warm to the touch, even while waiting from 8:30 - 10:30 with NO MUSIC going thru them....Maybe that's how they're designed, I don't know....

I obviously had to dial down the ZXA5's to about 10 o'clock, but again, the sound was crystal clear....

I have to see how they do in a standalone situation.

I noticed that the subs would limit slightly, so I would back up off of the bass, and for different songs, I found myself adjusting the bass notes because the subs would react differently to various notes....again something I probably have to work out over time....

Long story short, I was nothing short of a smash, handed out a few business cards, had some pretty lights and got paid handsomely for basically an hour and a half.

11:30 - 11:45 shut it down. Basically packed up by 12:30. I guess the venue guy thought I was moving too slow, and had one of his peoples get a long flatbed to load my stuff on and help me bring it to the loading dock. Packed and left by 1:00am.

And there it is...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:27 PM - 31 May, 2015
Point of interest - The ETX18SP's do NOT come with Sub Speaker stands. You apparently have to order them SEPARATELY, and they SCREW in.

The ones that were initially sold to me you just drop into the cup, but are not really secure, and they gave me some little rubber "O" ring to stabilize it, nah. Get the screw in jawns, I'll be returning those today.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:44 PM - 31 May, 2015
So there was this guy at the event who was doing the slide show across to HUGE screens for the program. After I was finished, he comes up to me and says, "I REALLY like the sound of these EV's".

During the entire night, he kept walking past me, and looking at the DSP display of the Subs, so just thought he was a generally nosy patron...lol.

So I said, "Yeah, I just got them, this is my first event with them"..

He says, well they sound MUCH BETTER than the QSC's I've heard...

so now, I'm like, "Oh, he's no regular patron"...lmao.... I say - "What QSC's are you talking about?" ...

And then here comes the Speaker TECH TALK!!!

He says "Oh, the KW181's"....lol.

I say, "Oh, word? I listened to them at an event recently , 4 coupled together and they sounded dope", but he was like, "Yeah, but THESE ETX18SP are QSC KILLAS"....lmao.

He said they even sound better THAN HIS JBL's....

I said, Oh, you have JBLS's? Which ones....

He said the VRX18SPs.....lmao...

So, just to be sure, I said, well how many do you own?

He said "I use 8 per side, but these ETX'S sound WAY batter, go much lower, and I think I'm going to have to go and get me these instead...lmao."

Comes to find out, he does LIVE SOUND, owns at least 16 Cerwin Vega L36'S (because we started talking about my old system), loves the folded horn setup, and replaced the drivers, (just like I did) with RCF's, (I used JBL's), but we both were >>>>here<<<< with the cabinet design.

His name is Scott....and he said he has a problem.....The problem is Bass....
desmorider 5:52 PM - 31 May, 2015
Nice review johnny. So how many different circuits did you use? Did you use an eq when you ran your passive rig? I know that some guys on here use driveracks with their active jawns, but do those without the driveracks use eq's? To me the best part about going active is not lugging an amp rack. Johnny the active setup will take some getting use too, your old skool like alot of of us, and use to being in complete control.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:00 PM - 31 May, 2015
Here are the packing pics...

www.djjohnnym.com
www.djjohnnym.com
www.djjohnnym.com
www.djjohnnym.com
www.djjohnnym.com

I was about to take pic of the setup in the spot, but they started to come in by the time I was ready to take some photos....

I was like, lemmie get to work...lmao.
Joee 6:09 PM - 31 May, 2015
Nice!!!! glad to here the gig went well

& no blown speakers

:-P

Quote:
He said they even sound better THAN HIS JBL's....

I said, Oh, you have JBLS's? Which ones....

He said the VRX18SPs.....lmao...

djdisbjohn had done a review on this forum of the vrx vs the etx

he ended up returning the etx he felt the vrx sounded better
www.facebook.com

serato.com

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

www.djjohnnym.com

^noooooo please don't tell me you scratched the grill already?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:13 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
So how many different circuits did you use?
I used 3 different AC wall jacks...One to my left, one to the right, and another one outside and round the bend...I don't know if they were all on the same circuit or not.

Quote:
Did you use an eq when you ran your passive rig?
Of course, a combo Soundcraftsman DX4200 preamp and EQ - www.mule.co.kr

Quote:
I know that some guys on here use driveracks with their active jawns, but do those without the driveracks use eq's?
At this point, my Allen and Heath Outboard Line mixer was the EQ - www.sweetwater.com

Quote:
To me the best part about going active is not lugging an amp rack. Johnny the active setup will take some getting use too, your old skool like alot of of us, and use to being in complete control.

Well, for what I had, 2 Cerwins and an amp rack, I'm going to moving 4 boxes (instead of 2), even though I can put the ZXA5 on the EXT and roll it in (as one), but the mounting on the pole takes an effort BEFORE the event, where before it was just roll in, and that was it....

However, the ability to just "spin" the top to whatever direction is nice versus having to reorient the entire V35. I DID like that option.

I may have to get this DriveRack soon, just to see how it enhances the system.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:14 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
www.djjohnnym.com
^noooooo please don't tell me you scratched the grill already?

No, but I will be getting covers ASAP.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:15 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
djdisbjohn had done a review on this forum of the vrx vs the etx

Well, that's ONE person's opinion vs. a bonafide sound guys....so.....

Different tastes....
Joee 6:23 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
Well, that's ONE person's opinion vs. a bonafide sound guys....so.....

Different tastes....

i know ,i was just saying ….he has lots of gear & has done some good review
Quote:
The "O" clamps are TOO BIG for the stands

forgot to mention….what do you mean to large? i regularly mount light on speaker stands & speaker poles with O clamps

you can make the o clamp bigger or smaller by removing the inside portion of it
www.planetdj.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:30 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
i know ,i was just saying ….he has lots of gear & has done some good review

Bonafide sound guy vs. guy who has lots of gear and has done some good reviews....

Not sayin, but just sayin.
DJ Guayo 6:56 PM - 31 May, 2015
What did you think of the Allen and Heath mixer?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:09 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
What did you think of the Allen and Heath mixer?

QUALITY SIR, nothing but unparalleled quality.

I need to do some more testing with it...lots of outboard options....
DJ GaFFle 8:42 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
However, the "Knock" that I usually get from the Cerwins seemed to be better....no joke.

The Bass from the ETX18SP's was MUCH DEEPER, and clearer, more musical, covered an incredible range of bass notes from the entire spectrum, but just didnt' have the "Knock" I was "used" to ....not saying that change is bad, but I just needed to account for it.

You say this in the "pro" forums and they'll attribute that "knock" you refer and are use to, as cabinet distortion.

No lie... those CV-36L cabinets are probably like the York LS801P, very hot in some upper-bass frequency range and this attributes to folks thinking their loud as hell and have great kick. In actuality, they don't have a balance or flat/even response... theirs is uneven which in speaker response, isn't suppose to be desirable... it's just what folks are "use to".
DJ GaFFle 8:49 PM - 31 May, 2015
Congrats on the first gig and good sound. Did you use the filter on the ZXA5 or did you filter out from the sub?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:55 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

You say this in the "pro" forums and they'll attribute that "knock" you refer and are use to, as cabinet distortion.

No lie... those CV-36L cabinets are probably like the York LS801P, very hot in some upper-bass frequency range and this attributes to folks thinking their loud as hell and have great kick. In actuality, they don't have a balance or flat/even response... theirs is uneven which in speaker response, isn't suppose to be desirable... it's just what folks are "use to".

I will accept that...

But let's be clear, these are Cerwin Vega v35 - 3 Way Full Range Cabinets...not 36L's....but the same theory would apply I guess.

www.djjohnnym.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:57 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
Congrats on the first gig and good sound. Did you use the filter on the ZXA5 or did you filter out from the sub?

There is no low pass on the Sub, I could only run full range into there, and then daisy chained to the ZXA5 which was on High pass.

I initially asked if since BOTH have a inline Thrus if I should send the signal first to the ZXA5, then to the sub, or vice versa...

I understand that since the sub didn't have any filters it didn't matter.

So I went Line Mixer -> Sub -> ZXA5.
DJ GaFFle 9:19 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I will accept that...

But let's be clear, these are Cerwin Vega v35 - 3 Way Full Range Cabinets...not 36L's....but the same theory would apply I guess.

www.djjohnnym.com

Yeah, I should of just said CV since I forgot which models you had.

Quote:
So I went Line Mixer -> Sub -> ZXA5.

Seems good to me. I would have hated to just get last minute setup the Saturday of your gig. With a new system, you ideally want to play around with settings to get a good feel of what works best and to make yourself system savvy. You've got all the time now.

One thing... master the manual on those ETX subs and the DSP. Seems like lots of DJ's have issues with the EV's pre-limiting and I'm not sure what they're doing wrong. I hear the ETX's are temperamental with their DSP settings and the wrong setting will net you not-so-good performance. Most dude's just don't RTFM, IMO.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:32 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
Seems good to me. I would have hated to just get last minute setup the Saturday of your gig.

Yeah, the guy was trying to snow me for a minute, promised one thing, then recanted with "Well you said you needed them "By The Weekend", and I'm like DUDE, I don't want these delivered the DAY OF....

Then on TOP of that took the day off when he was supposed to CALL ME to verify freight delivery (I'd be taking off the day to receive them), passed the invoice over to the next dude who said they were trying to track down this shipment,(along with about 20 other pallets) for the last week or so...and carrier was slow rolling...

I worked with dude to get what I needed, but SOMEBODY almost caught one messing around with a lot of money.

Regardless, I had the backup plan/system....I just needed to rent a van to use it.

Quote:
With a new system, you ideally want to play around with settings to get a good feel of what works best and to make yourself system savvy. You've got all the time now.

Yep! Plus at the NEXT event, I'll be able to get there MAD EARLY and do some room tests as well. This particular venue had a PREVIOUS event ENDING at 5:00 and said the EARLIEST I could get in there was 5:30. I was "contracted" to start at 6:30. I already knew I was gonna be late the minute they started talking freight elevators and a 2nd floor passing thru the kitchen....

Quote:
One thing... master the manual on those ETX subs and the DSP. Seems like lots of DJ's have issues with the EV's pre-limiting and I'm not sure what they're doing wrong. I hear the ETX's are temperamental with their DSP settings and the wrong setting will net you not-so-good performance. Most dude's just don't RTFM, IMO.

Oh, you ALREADY KNOW....lol...

I'm just glad they fit in the ride!

You, Pdidy, (and yes even Joee*) (and whoever else I may have missed) contributed greatly to the purchase of these jawns, and man listen...

I was LOOKING for those 20amp outlets too..lmao.
DJ GaFFle 9:33 PM - 31 May, 2015

eeESH... nicely packed but boy, those speaker covers can't come soon enough! It'll be a sizable investment (~$400) but absolutely necessary. If you've got another gig before your covers arrive, wrap them suckaz in blankets or sump'n!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:34 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:

eeESH... nicely packed but boy, those speaker covers can't come soon enough! It'll be a sizable investment (~$400) but absolutely necessary. If you've got another gig before your covers arrive, wrap them suckaz in blankets or sump'n!

Did you say 400 BUCKS?

Seriously?
pdidy 9:39 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:

I would agree with gafffle that the Cerwin Vega v35 cabinet is "coloring the sound" with its own distinctive sound or creating cabinet distortion which your ears become accustomed to over 30 yrs and enjoy.

My guess is that Knock that you like is not a low bass frequency but rather an upper bass frequency being boosted by the cabinet. You can probably reproduce this Knock with a 32 ban eq in the 100hz to 150hz range by boosting a freq about 6db. But being that your zxa5 are now handling this range and are not coupling with the floor as the Vega v35 did it may not sound the same.
DJ GaFFle 9:39 PM - 31 May, 2015
Here's the ZXA5 covers I have: www.ebay.com

These are for your subs: www.ebay.com

Looks like about $352 (including shipping) for all covers. Maybe the place you purchased from can net you a better deal.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:41 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
Here's the ZXA5 covers I have: www.ebay.com

These are for your subs: www.ebay.com

Looks like about $352 (including shipping) for all covers. Maybe the place you purchased from can net you a better deal.

Ok, the TOPS I knew I was getting covers for...

I never even considered the SUBS....lmao.

I will work that in over time....but the TOPS are like yesterday....
DJ GaFFle 9:44 PM - 31 May, 2015
It hurts to pay $352 for just some "covers" but they're a must.

I know this horse has been beaten but don't cut corners and go this: www.ebay.com route. You'll regret it when they loosen up and start sliding off your speaker as you slide them into your SUV. They're not that thickly padded either. They offer "some" protection but if you spend nearly $5g's on some speakers, you should protect them as best as possible.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:45 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I would agree with gafffle that the Cerwin Vega v35 cabinet is "coloring the sound" with its own distinctive sound or creating cabinet distortion which your ears become accustomed to over 30 yrs and enjoy.

My guess is that Knock that you like is not a low bass frequency but rather an upper bass frequency being boosted by the cabinet. You can probably reproduce this Knock with a 32 ban eq in the 100hz to 150hz range by boosting a freq about 6db. But being that your zxa5 are now handling this range and are not coupling with the floor as the Vega v35 did it may not sound the same.

And again, I fully concede that this is probably what I'm experiencing...

However, in previous tests with the Cerwins, I can stand in the middle of the room, and get a uniform bass hit...

I didn't get that same feeling with the ETX's...

Again, the sound was CLEAR and LOVELY, but just different...

Also my ultimate real tests will be with Vinyl actually, as everything I played last night was laptop based...
Joee 9:46 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
It hurts to pay $352 for just some "covers" but they're a must.

i used to be on of them people that never worried about cover

than one day one of my speakers fell, all my gear gets covers now
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:51 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
You can probably reproduce this Knock with a 32 ban eq in the 100hz to 150hz range by boosting a freq about 6db.

I'll probably have to get that EQ with the DriveRack....

But then I'd want a rackmountable pre-amp, like a Crown PSL-2 - > www.oaktreevintage.com, but those jawns are IMPOSSIBLE to find...

This way I wouldn't need the Line mixer every time....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:52 PM - 31 May, 2015
Uggh, but that has RCA's....I'll need an XLR output....
pdidy 10:03 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
And again, I fully concede that this is probably what I'm experiencing...

However, in previous tests with the Cerwins, I can stand in the middle of the room, and get a uniform bass hit...

I didn't get that same feeling with the ETX's...

Again, the sound was CLEAR and LOVELY, but just different...

Also my ultimate real tests will be with Vinyl actually, as everything I played last night was laptop based...

It may take a while for your ears to become accustomed to a musical sub, I had the same problem with my JTR growlers which were my first musical subs. They were sooo freakin clean that i missed the distortion that the oldschool cabinets had but at the time I was not educated enough to realize that it was distortion, I just liked the loud dirty sound.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:05 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
I just liked the loud dirty sound.

This has to be it....
DJFree 11:44 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:

Normally, it would take about 20 mins for me to set up the Cerwins, plug in a speaker wire, set up and plug in the amp rack and go. This process NOW took me an hour, maybe because I was being extra careful, wrapping wires around poles for a "cleaner" look, putting speakers on top of sub stands, running all those extra extension cords, TAPING all those cords down, splitting power, etc..etc.

That's still great time man. Clean look takes time. I can't remember the last time it took me only 60 minutes.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:56 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
That's still great time man. Clean look takes time. I can't remember the last time it took me only 60 minutes.

The problem being is that I'm a MOSTLY one man operation, with an impeccable record for being "On Time".

Now a lot of locations are concerned with how long it will take you to LEAVE....as was the case last night.

I have to make some adjustments along the way, but I'm sure it'll work out...especially with the planning of setup times, etc.
DJFree 12:00 AM - 1 June, 2015
Quote:

The problem being is that I'm a MOSTLY one man operation, with an impeccable record for being "On Time".

Now a lot of locations are concerned with how long it will take you to LEAVE....as was the case last night.

I have to make some adjustments along the way, but I'm sure it'll work out...especially with the planning of setup times, etc.

Same issue. I operate alone. I tell my clients ahead of time what time I need ahead of time. At the end of the night if they have to be out by a certain time then the event needs to end by so and so time for me to get out. I can't find a reliable roadie. That's the key to not losing gigs because of setup time.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:17 AM - 1 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Same issue. I operate alone. I tell my clients ahead of time what time I need ahead of time. At the end of the night if they have to be out by a certain time then the event needs to end by so and so time for me to get out. I can't find a reliable roadie. That's the key to not losing gigs because of setup time.

Oh, trust I know...

I was getting MAD gigs just because other cats were unreliable, or not timely...

Like I said, I just have to factor in another 80-90 mins OVERALL in setup / breakdown times...Not a killer, but not happy about it either....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:39 AM - 1 June, 2015
Quote:
Would time be saved if you mounted the Swarm 5 FXs on top of the ZXA5s?

Nope, would have been WAY too heavy...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:41 AM - 1 June, 2015
Plus since I knew the ZXA5 would be mounted on top of the Sub, I didn't want to chance that anticipated MONSTROUS bass would shake something loose inside of the swarm...being mounted on top of BOTH speakers.
desmorider 1:35 AM - 1 June, 2015
Interesting thread about the zxa5

ourdjtalk.com
desmorider 1:41 AM - 1 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

So how many lights were you rocking out with?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:42 AM - 1 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So how many lights were you rocking out with?

DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:46 AM - 1 June, 2015
Quote:

ourdjtalk.com

What's interesting?

A dude had a blown ZXA5, am I overlooking something?
desmorider 1:52 AM - 1 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

ourdjtalk.com

What's interesting?

He says he has reconed like 12. You would think that he would have learn by now that if he can't do it by ear, he needs to invest in something to protect those things.

When is your next gig, and do you have any out door gigs coming up? What dsp settings did you end up using last night? I know you haven't really had enough time to test and dial them in really well.

Im glad that your gig went well, and you enjoy your new purchase. I'm also glad that the stuff fit in your new whip.
desmorider 2:03 AM - 1 June, 2015
Johnny,
Do you turntables, mixer, and serato vinyl, or a controller?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:09 AM - 1 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ourdjtalk.com

What's interesting?

He says he has reconed like 12. You would think that he would have learn by now that if he can't do it by ear, he needs to invest in something to protect those things.

So this guy obviously doesn't know or care what he's doing to get them reconed close to 12 times....

Sounds like user error to me.
desmorider 2:22 AM - 1 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ourdjtalk.com

What's interesting?

So this guy obviously doesn't know or care what he's doing to get them reconed close to 12 times....

Sounds like user error to me.

Talk about pissing money away......
Taipanic 5:47 PM - 1 June, 2015
If the knock your missing is the kick drum thump you hear with a lot of live band PAs you can run the ZXa5s full range and use a Driverack to limit the woofer to upper (mid) bass and an EQ to tune it where you want it to be. I also recommend the Tuki covers. My ZXa5s were bought used and have several scrapes and nicks on them. Once they get marred it's hard to clean then up to a like new finish. My little ZXa1 sub also has gotten some nicks as the cover was backordered when I purchased the sub. I will never buy another speaker without having good covers for them.
Joee 5:58 PM - 1 June, 2015
Quote:
. I will never buy another speaker without having good covers for them.

+1

Quote:
My ZXa5s were bought used and have several scrapes and nicks on them. Once they get marred it's hard to clean then up to a like new finish.

a friend of mine went to home depot & found some paint thats meant for plastic

he painted a pair of sx200 that had seen better days by the time he was finished they looked brand new…..i couldn't even tell it was paint it looked just like the factory finish
DJ GaFFle 6:40 PM - 1 June, 2015
Quote:

Quote:
My ZXa5s were bought used and have several scrapes and nicks on them. Once they get marred it's hard to clean then up to a like new finish.

a friend of mine went to home depot & found some paint thats meant for plastic

he painted a pair of sx200 that had seen better days by the time he was finished they looked brand new…..i couldn't even tell it was paint it looked just like the factory finish

Can you find out the exact brand and type of paint for this?

Quote:
If the knock your missing is the kick drum thump you hear with a lot of live band PAs you can run the ZXa5s full range and use a Driverack to limit the ZXA5's woofer to upper (mid) bass and an EQ to tune it where you want it to be.

Fixed

Make sure the sub isn't overlapping with the top's frequency range. Also, JM... did you try playing with the polarity of the speakers? Perhaps reversing the polarity or insuring they're both set to normal? I'm guessing no considering you hadn't much playtime on these speakers.
Joee 6:54 PM - 1 June, 2015
Quote:
Can you find out the exact brand and type of paint for this?

i asked him before & all he said is it was paint for plastic, i'll se if i can get more details fro him
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:14 PM - 1 June, 2015
Quote:
If the knock your missing is the kick drum thump you hear with a lot of live band PAs you can run the ZXa5s full range and use a Driverack to limit the woofer to upper (mid) bass and an EQ to tune it where you want it to be. I also recommend the Tuki covers. My ZXa5s were bought used and have several scrapes and nicks on them. Once they get marred it's hard to clean then up to a like new finish. My little ZXa1 sub also has gotten some nicks as the cover was backordered when I purchased the sub. I will never buy another speaker without having good covers for them.

I miss the thump, but I don't want to discolor the sound either....

This will take some testing....

As for the covers, Oh, you already know...I was driving all extra careful too....lol.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:17 PM - 1 June, 2015
Quote:

Quote:
If the knock your missing is the kick drum thump you hear with a lot of live band PAs you can run the ZXa5s full range and use a Driverack to limit the ZXA5's woofer to upper (mid) bass and an EQ to tune it where you want it to be.

Fixed

Make sure the sub isn't overlapping with the top's frequency range. Also, JM... did you try playing with the polarity of the speakers? Perhaps reversing the polarity or insuring they're both set to normal? I'm guessing no considering you hadn't much playtime on these speakers.

It's definitely the kick drum lacking....

And no, I wasn't reversing any polarity...ha ha...everything was set to normal..

but was quite surprised that I had the option to do so per the manual....NICE.
Joee 9:58 PM - 1 June, 2015
Quote:

ourdjtalk.com

i like how one guy said put the screws back & take of the grill thats how you get the speaker out….lol

wrong you have to take the cabinet apart the speakers screws in form the inside
imageshack.com

Quote:
but was quite surprised that I had the option to do so per the manual....NICE.

modern technology technology is nice is ant it?
pdidy 11:29 PM - 1 June, 2015
Quote:

ourdjtalk.com

If this guy does not possess even the most basic forms of common sense to allow him to locate and remove screws, wouldn't it be rational to conclude that he would not possess the intelligence required of a far more difficult task such as properly operating a zxa5 ?
Joee 11:33 PM - 1 June, 2015
Quote:
If this guy does not possess even the most basic forms of common sense to allow him to locate and remove screws, wouldn't it be rational to conclude that he would not possess the intelligence required of a far more difficult task such as properly operating a zxa5 ?

lol…..those 4 deep screws @ the top & bottom were just too much for him…….maybe he also missed the screw under the handle
desmorider 1:06 AM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

ourdjtalk.com

ha. you have a point
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:30 AM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

ourdjtalk.com

Exactly. Another instance of someone who can't handle a ZXA5....
desmorider 1:51 AM - 2 June, 2015
This Johnny

Quote:
Johnny,

Do you use turntables, mixer, and serato vinyl, or a controller?
pdidy 1:51 AM - 2 June, 2015
Unqualified users are pretty much guaranteed to stream1.gifsoup.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:56 AM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

Do you use turntables, mixer, and serato vinyl, or a controller?

Turntables with both Regular Vinyl (for emergencies), and Serato Vinyl 99.9% of the time.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:10 AM - 2 June, 2015
So, I've found out why I'm missing that Knock....or at least have a pretty good idea...

The subs were crossed over at 80hz, and I DO believe the ZXA5's were crossed over at 100hz.

20hz of missing bass and low end....smh.

And THAT ladies and gentlemen is the product of not having enough time to properly set up and test equipment.....

The subs are supposed to be set at a default crossover of 100hz, and of course that's adjustable, but I remember seeing the 80hz and LEAVING it there....

Why I didn't REALIZE that was the crossover cutoff is beyond me....I'm sure I was just excited to hear how clear it was regardless.

Anyway, so I'm at GC today to see about getting the threaded poles for the Subs, and the guy is talking that sub talk, and he was actually pretty knowledgeable.

So from what I understand and his opinion, the new EKX18SP is a totally different sound than the ETX18SP, as the box is smaller and designed to deliver the "knock" versus the ETX18SP which is really designed to "move large amounts of air".

The ETX18SP is definitely gonna be more "boomier", but I'm sure once I add in the missing frequencies, it'll sound even better...lmao.

One interesting thing he said was that the ETX18SP sounds better than the VRX918SP, and said that the JBL is a muddy sounding speaker compared to the rest....interesting...

Sidenote - Hey Pdidy, the guy says JBL just released some 'Mini" Arrays, are they really little versions of what you have?

BTW, what do you guys usually cross over your subs at?
pdidy 3:10 AM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Sidenote - Hey Pdidy, the guy says JBL just released some 'Mini" Arrays, are they really little versions of what you have?

There is a mini version to mine but its passive only and not a new release www.jblpro.com

Quote:
One interesting thing he said was that the ETX18SP sounds better than the VRX918SP, and said that the JBL is a muddy sounding speaker compared to the rest....interesting...

Ive never heard anyone refer to the jbl sub as muddy which triggers my skepticism in the person making the comment.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:13 AM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Ive never heard anyone refer to the jbl sub as muddy which triggers my skepticism in the person making the comment.

Duly noted....

The only reason I mention this is because this is the 3rd person who is putting the ETX's over the JBL's in reference to sound....

He kept eluding to working with bands vs. DJ prerecorded "Sound"....
desmorider 3:27 AM - 2 June, 2015
So were your subs in music or live mode for the gig?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:35 AM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

Music is the best mode for recorded music....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:37 AM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
You should test to see if Live mode has more "knock"

It doesn't. I did that test previously. I don't know who said "Live" is better, but they're dead wrong...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:38 AM - 2 June, 2015
Music is basically an internal EQ setting designed to boost certain frequencies that may make recorded music stand out.

Live is flat.

This is info provided by the GC guy.
pdidy 3:43 AM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
The only reason I mention this is because this is the 3rd person who is putting the ETX's over the JBL's in reference to sound....

In my opinion, one would need to preform a side by side demo in order to make a legitimate recommendation on which is superior. I personally question the motives of those that say otherwise because I own one and demoed the other separately and could NOT make a clear decision. I would expect the ETX18SP to have a technical advantage due too larger cabinet and 2015 processing and technology but even that's not a guarantee.

Being that you now own the ETX18SP maybe we can put it to a test and remove all doubt ?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:45 AM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Being that you now own the ETX18SP maybe we can put it to a test and remove all doubt ?

Absolutely! I'm down!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:57 AM - 2 June, 2015
Trust, I'd LOVE to have the size and weight of the JBL....lol, but that price tho....

Coincidentally, another reason for Branding...

The DSP Low Pass section on the subwoofer actually has SPECIFIC settings if you were to match the sub up with an ETX-10, ETX-12P, ETX15P and ETX35P. I mean it actually gives you the exact selections listed above, along with the generic 80, 100, 120 and 150 Hz options...

No ZXA5 tho...
pdidy 4:03 AM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
If the difference is that subtle, then the ETX seems like a better buy for someone on a budget. Maybe the VRX is the better buy because of size though for some people... Also, ETX has many extra features within the DSP that the VRX does not.

right, there are far too many variables (settings and Modes) with the etx for me to make a claim. Im aware that some people are biased and wont hesitate to exaggerate their true findings but i wont as everything will always come too light.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:12 AM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
If the difference is that subtle, then the ETX seems like a better buy for someone on a budget. Maybe the VRX is the better buy because of size though for some people... Also, ETX has many extra features within the DSP that the VRX does not.

right, there are far too many variables (settings and Modes) with the etx for me to make a claim. Im aware that some people are biased and wont hesitate to exaggerate their true findings but i wont as everything will always come too light.

I can dig this....
desmorider 4:24 AM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

everyone's ears and likes are different. I think that most people have be saying that the etx subs get louder and sound better in live mode. I could possibly have that wrong though. I have been sipping.
DJ GaFFle 11:03 AM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Unqualified users are pretty much guaranteed to stream1.gifsoup.com

LoL!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:26 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
I think that most people have be saying that the etx subs get louder and sound better in live mode. I could possibly have that wrong though. I have been sipping.

Any quotes or links?
Joee 12:28 PM - 2 June, 2015
many people have said this from select to raythedj along with a few others
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:29 PM - 2 June, 2015
Any quotes or links?
Joee 12:30 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Any quotes or links?

let me see if i can find it, i believe select even said he called ev and they explained to him live mode was best
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:46 PM - 2 June, 2015
It MAY make sense that the Musical setting MAY cause early limiting because if the GC guy is right, then it's really acting like a BBE, and coloring the sound, with maybe some enhancement to the bass.

A flatter response (Live) should just take what you have and send it straight through, no additives or preservatives, meaning an EQ should DEFINITELY be in the sound chain and have better control over the sound.

Regardless, quotes will allow folks to determine if said people actually OWN these devices, or if they were demoed in showrooms.

The problem with Showrooms and unfamiliarity with the devices, is that they may not be configured to optimally play the music you're testing.

For example, (and the way I found out), all their testing would need a matching top crossed over at the exact point that the sub is crossed over, or else you loose valuable frequencies.

Someone owning the device (and hopefully reading the manual), would be better suited to give a more precise account of it's capabilities.
DJFree 12:53 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

Someone owning the device (and hopefully reading the manual), would be better suited to give a more precise account of it's capabilities.

FACTUAL.....although Select does own em seen him on (Youtube)....Jamm does too (Youtube)....but bottom line you play in the mode that sounds best to YOU not popular opinion.
Joee 12:54 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Regardless, quotes will allow folks to determine if said people actually OWN these devices, or if they were demoed in showrooms.

select owns etx15sp/etx12p

if i remember correctly he was unhappy with them at first than he discovered live mode & was instantly impressed

peep @ 0:50
Watchwww.youtube.com

Quote:
A flatter response (Live) should just take what you have and send it straight through, no additives or preservatives.

basically dead on……i think he said it's a more natural sound & gives way more head room, i sent he a message lets see if he jumps in the thread to confirm
SELECT 12:54 PM - 2 June, 2015
Live mode hits harder on the etx tops. It's way more opened up. Music mode uses more compression for playback of recorded music. This is from the ev rep u spoke too. Once I switched to live mode I could hear the difference in bass right away. Specifically from standing behind them and on the sides you can tell immediately how much more they are opened up.

Everyone has different ears. Use whatever mode works best for you. I have the etx 15 sub and 12 tops. That sub is amazing for its price and size. Just bumps all night and travels well.
DJFree 12:55 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

Everyone has different ears. Use whatever mode works best for you.

Yep just said the same exact thing.
Joee 12:56 PM - 2 June, 2015
^ and there he is……lol
desmorider 1:13 PM - 2 June, 2015
Im at work right now and can't don't have time to pull up and post links. I do know that the young men on YouTube SLM entertainment we're disappointed in the performance of the etx18sp subs when they first made the purchase. They didn't like the output, said that they were limiting early, and could smell coils, and glue burning. Lots of people commented and were surprised because the etx subs are known performers. They did find out that they had some mixer problem that could have part of the cause of the limit lights, and some recommended they try libe mode. They are now happy with the subs and plan to purchase two more. However these are the same guys that said that the zxa5 and etx15p can't be that much louder then zlx's. We all know different.

With all of the dsp settings on those im sure that theirs enough for you to play with to dial them in perfect for your ear. That along with getting the 20hz you were missing on your first outing with the subs, should hopefully get you that STUMP that you are missing.

Please don't take anything I say as me trying to tell you how to ride your horse. Just trying to share information that i've come across from people that claim to own certain products. You have been in the game long enough for me to know that when you get the set dialed in, it will be on and poppin.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:31 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Live mode hits harder on the etx tops. It's way more opened up. Music mode uses more compression for playback of recorded music. This is from the ev rep u spoke too. Once I switched to live mode I could hear the difference in bass right away. Specifically from standing behind them and on the sides you can tell immediately how much more they are opened up.

Everyone has different ears. Use whatever mode works best for you. I have the etx 15 sub and 12 tops. That sub is amazing for its price and size. Just bumps all night and travels well.

Hi Select,

I see you used "Live Mode" for the tops...

Do you also use "Live Mode" for the subs?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:32 PM - 2 June, 2015
Wait, you have the ETX15sp's, not the ETX18SP'S....so we're talking two different subs right there.....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:35 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Please don't take anything I say as me trying to tell you how to ride your horse.
Not at all, I'm trying to tie all the loose pieces together and find out all the FACTS associated with these speakers....

A lot of time, "Opinion" (which we all have anyway) can be miscontrued for actual facts when passed from one person to another, so if we go back to the sources, we can differentiate what may be missing.

Case in point, Select has ETX15SP's not ETX18SP's, uses LIVE mode on the TOPS, didn't necessarily mention using it on the SUBS, but the point is that we're already talking two different subs of different dimensions.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:36 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
if i remember correctly he was unhappy with them at first than he discovered live mode & was instantly impressed

That's for the TOPS.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:39 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
However these are the same guys that said that the zxa5 and etx15p can't be that much louder then zlx's. We all know different.

Then can we really use them as a reliable source for info?
Joee 1:47 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
That's for the TOPS.

i believe the same was said about the subs by raythedj
SELECT 2:04 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Hi Select,

I use live mode for the tops and sub. I match everything. I play all genres so LIVE mode for me is best especially at Weddings where I can go from Jazz, Rock, Latin, Funk, Dance, etc. Also the ETX sub sounds best crossed over at factory 100hz setting.
Joee 2:08 PM - 2 June, 2015
@DJ GaFFle

here what he said about the paint "Its just spray paint for plastic sell it in Home Depot/Lows"
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:15 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Select,

I use live mode for the tops and sub. I match everything. I play all genres so LIVE mode for me is best especially at Weddings where I can go from Jazz, Rock, Latin, Funk, Dance, etc. Also the ETX sub sounds best crossed over at factory 100hz setting.

Thank you for that EXACT info.

The ZXA5's when put in High Pass mode crossover at 100hz by default, can't change it.

I can see why Live is better for you as it seems to be a personal preference....

I basically stick with HipHop, Club, R&B, and Reggae, mostly bass heavy genres, and the Music Mode seems to bring it out more.

I really need to add an EQ to this setup.
Joee 2:17 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Music Mode seems to bring it out more.

it does, but will clip much faster play in live mode & it may give you more headroom
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:21 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Music Mode seems to bring it out more.

it does, but will clip much faster play in live mode & it may give you more headroom

How do you KNOW that for a fact?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:22 PM - 2 June, 2015
The truth is that to get the same perceived OUTPUT in Live mode you have to turn it up more....
Joee 2:23 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

it was my experience when demoing it……try it for urself with bass heavy music & tell me if i'm right
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:26 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

it was my experience when demoing it……try it for urself with bass heavy music & tell me if i'm right

Again, you Demoing it and owning it are 2 different things.

I've already tried that and NO you're wrong.

Quote:
The truth is that to get the same perceived OUTPUT in Live mode you have to turn it up more....
Joee 2:33 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

technically it's not the same speaker,so maybe it doesn't apply

but i would say it's the same dsp, I've done a few gigs with the zlx12p & zlx15p

& yes live mode gave more a little more headroom along with more output

the etx18sp I've demoed 3 times
DJ Dynamight 2:37 PM - 2 June, 2015
At my 1st event with a pair of ETX-15P it was in MUSIC mode, and I did experience early clipping and limiting. My 2nd event with 1 ETX-15P, I switched between MUSIC and LIVE mode and preferred the way LIVE mode sounded. It also depends what EQ settings the DSP is configured for. Both events were without a subwoofer, at the next one I'll be using subs (JTR Growler) and will have the tops set to high pass. I'm looking forward to hearing that setup perform.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:43 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
technically it's not the same speaker,so maybe it doesn't apply

What's not the same speaker? I'm talking about demoing the ETX18SP.

Weren't you referring to the ETX18SP when you said -
Quote:

Quote:
but i would say it's the same dsp, I've done a few gigs with the zlx12p & zlx15p

& yes live mode gave more a little more headroom along with more output

If it's not the EXACT same sub, then it doesn't matter.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:47 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
At my 1st event with a pair of ETX-15P it was in MUSIC mode, and I did experience early clipping and limiting. My 2nd event with 1 ETX-15P, I switched between MUSIC and LIVE mode and preferred the way LIVE mode sounded. It also depends what EQ settings the DSP is configured for. Both events were without a subwoofer, at the next one I'll be using subs (JTR Growler) and will have the tops set to high pass. I'm looking forward to hearing that setup perform.

Yep, another case...

Great detail.

The ETX TOPS in "Live" vs "Music" mode...

The question at this point (because the ZXA5 doesn't have a "Live Mode") is strictly concerning the performance of the ETX18SP sub and how it performs.

Pdidy and I basically play the EXACT same types fo music, and we'll probably figure it out when we do the shoot out...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:48 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
I've done a few gigs with the zlx12p & zlx15p

You've OWNED these or just did gigs with them?
Joee 2:59 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
If it's not the EXACT same sub, then it doesn't matter.

IMO, it does mater….you basically have three different people saying they like the sound of live mode better when setting the DSP

i didn't even know this till select & raythedj posted it …..i tried it and i have to agree with them

Quote:
What's not the same speaker? I'm talking about demoing the ETX18SP.

Weren't you referring to the ETX18SP when you said -

again i went back and demoed it after forum member recommendations of LIVE mode ,they were right

Quote:
You've OWNED these or just did gigs with them?

owned & giged with them…..

while not the etx18sp, again it's is my experience in the many time I've used them that they also sound better in LIVE mode….
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:10 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
IMO, it does mater….you basically have three different people saying they like the sound of live mode better when setting the DSP

Again, I want to deal with FACTS....Who owns the ETX18SP and has said that?

Again, Demoing it and owning it are two different things. I'm finding out much more about this sub by having it in my house and trying all types of different scenarios. You don't have that freedom in a store setup.

Plus I'm reading the manual.

Quote:
owned & giged with them…..

while not the etx18sp,

So which is it? Again I'm talking about the ETX18SP, and whoever OWNS it....

In this particular instance, nothing else matters...

I don't care about
Quote:
zlx12p & zlx15p
as these aren't the speakers in question.

The ZXA5 and ETX18SP are the ones up for discussion in this particular thread.

Again, even the GC rep confirmed that the EKX and ETX 18" subs are different beasts which output different sounds....

This isn't rocket science....

I'm looking for feedback from who OWNS or OWNED the ZXA5 and ETX18SP's....that's all.

I don't want to speculate about anything.
Joee 3:13 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
I'm looking for feedback from who OWNS or OWNED the ZXA5 and ETX18SP's

well i can tell you all there is to know about zxa5……i can only give you my experience with the 18sp

Quote:
I don't want to speculate about anything.

you don't have to as you own it….you can tell us
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:19 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
well i can tell you all there is to know about zxa5

That may be acceptable...
Quote:
……i can only give you my experience with the 18sp

This is not....(to me)...or frankly, I'll take it as you're guessing vs. someone who actually owns it...

Quote:
Iyou don't have to as you own it….you can tell us

Oh, the ONE thing you were FACTUAL about was my "O" clamp issue

Quote:
forgot to mention….what do you mean to large? i regularly mount light on speaker stands & speaker poles with O clamps

you can make the o clamp bigger or smaller by removing the inside portion of it
www.planetdj.com

It turns out that there was an additional piece (that looked like it was broken) but was actually a split sleeve of some sort which would make the diameter of the tripod pole larger, and thus accomodate the "O" clip firmly.

That was your true life experience of
Quote:
i regularly mount light on speaker stands & speaker poles with O clamps
adding validity to the situation, so I went back to look at what I possibly missed, and it was the sleeve...

Now I pack it in the light bags.
Joee 3:26 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
This is not....(to me)...or frankly, I'll take it as you're guessing vs. someone who actually owns it...

so let me get this right, me using a item & telling my experience with it is guessing huh?…lol

Quote:
Oh, the ONE thing you were FACTUAL about

lol…..like i said i don'r make stuff up
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:28 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

so let me get this right, me using a item & telling my experience with it is guessing huh?…lol

Yep.
I'd rather get the info from someone who purchased the product and used it extensively, had time to test, did numerous gigs with it, read the manual, slept with it, the entire gambit.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:30 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

You try to offer an "Opinion" but may not own the product.

Some people may want that...

Others may want facts.
Joee 3:41 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Others may want facts.

my experience with items are just that
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:41 PM - 2 June, 2015
And this
Quote:
Iyou don't have to as you own it….you can tell us

Precisely, so when I'm telling you that the "Music" setting on the ETX18SP sounds better than the "Live" setting, then there it is.

If someone can offer their experience USING THE SAME BOX and varied settings, I'm all ears....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:42 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Others may want facts.

my experience with items are just that

Ok, and SOME people may take your "Opinons" as "Facts"...
I know better...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:43 PM - 2 June, 2015
So again back to square one...

Who OWNS the ETX18SP?
Rebelguy 3:43 PM - 2 June, 2015
You own the speakers. Can't you just try both settings yourself and decide from there?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:46 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
You own the speakers. Can't you just try both settings yourself and decide from there?

Dude, I HAVE, but cats are trying to tell me what "Sounds Better"....lmao....

And they don't even OWN the box.
 6 3:47 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Oh, the ONE thing you were FACTUAL about

And here is Joee giving me shit about my review because I didn't own it and was giving you my experience review but look how the tables have turned. Now it doesn't matter whether you own them or not.

Hypocrite.

nm
Joee 3:50 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Ok, and SOME people may take your "Opinons" as "Facts"...
I know better...

you don't need my opinions ….the gear that you just bought will be the last speakers that you will ever buy

Quote:

he already did, he likes the music mode better……my opinion is he like this mode better be cause it gives you that smiley face EQ that boost the bass & we know he like his bass, live mode gives more of a flat eq
Joee 3:53 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
And here is Joee giving me shit about my review because I didn't own it and was giving you my experience review but look how the tables have turned. Now it doesn't matter whether you own them or not.

Hypocrite.

nm

no you didn't give a honest review, you even told me i was lying when the owner of a restaurant said can you please turn down the bass it's shaking the wall
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:57 PM - 2 June, 2015
This started right here...

Quote:
desmorider 11:27 PM - 1 June, 2015

Quote:
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:37 PM - 1 June, 2015
Quote:

You should test to see if Live mode has more "knock"

It doesn't. I did that test previously. I don't know who said "Live" is better, but they're dead wrong...

Quote:
Quote:
desmorider 12:24 AM - 2 June, 2015

Quote:
Quote:
desmorider 12:24 AM - 2 June, 2015
everyone's ears and likes are different. I think that most people have be saying that the etx subs get louder and sound better in live mode. I could possibly have that wrong though. I have been sipping.

Any quotes or links?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:00 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

Quote:
you don't need my opinions ….

You're right, but you keep offering them....

Quote:

he already did, he likes the music mode better……my opinion is he like this mode better be cause it gives you that smiley face EQ that boost the bass & we know he like his bass, live mode gives more of a flat eq

No, the "Issue" is that cats are saying that the "Live" mode is "Better"....but I'm waiting to see who actually OWNS the speakers....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:01 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
you don't need my opinions ….

You're right, but you keep offering them....

Quote:
Quote:

No, the "Issue" is that cats are saying that the "Live" mode is "Better"....but I'm waiting to see who actually OWNS the speakers....
 6 4:01 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Hypocrite.

nm

no you didn't give a honest review, you even told me i was lying when the owner of a restaurant said can you please turn down the bass it's shaking the wall

I don't want to derail this thread so I will just post one more thing when it comes to honesty.

Joee*

nm
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:02 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
but I'm waiting to see who actually OWNS the speakers....

And it MAY actually BE better depending on what happens when I add an EQ, but for right now, with this 2 band EQ on the Allen and Heath, I'm going with the "Music" setting.
Joee 4:03 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

answer me one question tho

Quote:
he likes the music mode better……my opinion is he like this mode better be cause it gives you that smiley face EQ that boost the bass & we know he like his bass, live mode gives more of a flat eq

am i right?

if i'm wrong i won't speak on it anymore!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:03 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Joee*

LMAO
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:07 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
am i right?

if i'm wrong i won't speak on it anymore!

No, again you're wrong.

The issue is that cats are saying the Music setting makes you Limit quicker and whatnot.

To achieve the SAME PERCEIVED range, you'd have to TURN IT UP, and hit that limit light anyway....

One is not necessarily BETTER than the other, it depends on how much "Control" you want over your system.

I'm sure I'd prefer more control over my EQ, so I MAY wind up liking the "Live" mode in the long run, but for right now, that's a NO.
Joee 4:09 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
I don't want to derail this thread so I will just post one more thing when it comes to honesty.

Joee*

nm

since when don't you want to derail threads……lol

we can't believe your review 6 it was over before it started

6.. "If you notice, (not that you really should care lol), I came into that thread asking questions. I was very curious about the EVOX 8. Portability isn't an issue for me so I can't give up on bass because of the weight issue."

me.. "dude you make no sense what so ever, for this reason we can't take your review seriously

how many times did me & lvmez say the only reason to buy this system is portability? countless times?"

6.."Portability isn't an issue for me so I can't give up on bass because of the weight issue."

6.."I'm now looking into the LD Systems Maui 44 now"

me.."but wait if you don't care about portability than why are you looking at the portable LD Systems Maui 44…….you must be looking for something portable right?"
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:10 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

Hypocrite.

nm

Wow...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:10 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Joee*

nm

since when don't you want to derail threads……lol

we can't believe your review 6 it was over before it started

6.. "If you notice, (not that you really should care lol), I came into that thread asking questions. I was very curious about the EVOX 8. Portability isn't an issue for me so I can't give up on bass because of the weight issue."

me.. "dude you make no sense what so ever, for this reason we can't take your review seriously

how many times did me & lvmez say the only reason to buy this system is portability? countless times?"

6.."Portability isn't an issue for me so I can't give up on bass because of the weight issue."

6.."I'm now looking into the LD Systems Maui 44 now"

me.."but wait if you don't care about portability than why are you looking at the portable LD Systems Maui 44…….you must be looking for something portable right?"

Don't y'all have a place to discuss this already?
Joee 4:10 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
No, again you're wrong.

ok, i won't speak on it as i said if you told me i was wrong about music mode giving you that added bass & thats why i think you like it
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:12 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
No, again you're wrong.

ok, i won't speak on it as i said if you told me i was wrong about music mode giving you that added bass & thats why i think you like it

Again, it doesn't matter why YOU think I like it...
Joee 4:13 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Hypocrite.

nm

Wow...

Hypocrite is exactly what 6 is……as you see he can't scarifies bass for portability didn't like the evox 8, than wants to check out the maui 44 another portable system
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:13 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
you must be looking for something portable right?"

Not to derail my own thread...but looking at this here...

Joee* how can you be sure he "must be looking for something portable"?

Is that a conclusion you came to just because?
Joee 4:17 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

he typed it him self

"I'm now looking into the LD Systems Maui 44 now"
www.ld-systems.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:23 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

he typed it him self

"I'm now looking into the LD Systems Maui 44 now"
www.ld-systems.com

No, the part where YOU said
Quote:

How did you come to that conclusion?
Joee 4:26 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Joee*

LMAO

Joee Star……i'll take that, must be because i joee star actually helped you to get a killer price on this new system
Joee 4:27 PM - 2 June, 2015
^ and the lights
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:32 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Joee*

LMAO

Joee Star……i'll take that, must be because i joee star actually helped you to get a killer price on this new system

Joee*, don't avoid the question...

Quote:

Joee 4:33 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

he was even trying to work out a deal with a guy from the board that lived in his area to buy a evox 8
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:34 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

he was even trying to work out a deal with a guy from the board that lived in his area to buy a evox 8

Again, HOW did you come to the conclusion to say
Quote:
Joee 4:38 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Again, HOW did you come to the conclusion to say
Quote:

Quote:
Don't y'all have a place to discuss this already?

so witch one is it than?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:48 PM - 2 June, 2015
Just as I thought...

So YOU injected your OWN Philosophy as to why you 'thought'
Quote:
"you must be looking for something portable right?"

When in REALITY, you haven't the slightest idea of what someone may be thinking....

So you make up your OWN ideas i.e.
Quote:
my opinion is he like this mode better be cause it gives you that smiley face EQ that boost the bass & we know he like his bass

Deal with FACTS, or at least ASK the person.......

stop guessing.
Joee 4:53 PM - 2 June, 2015
lmao

Quote:

stop guessing.

the "fact" is he was saying he wanted to like the evox 8 cause he was looking for a small system or something to that effect
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:54 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Joee*

LMAO

Contradicting yourself AGAIN....

So if you got me such a "Killer Price", why do you say this here? ->

Quote:
Joee 4:16 PM - 28 May, 2015

so is that why you say you paid 5K? if so you overpaid

serato.com

LMAO, you can't make this stuff up....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:55 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
lmao

Quote:

stop guessing.

the "fact" is he was saying he wanted to like the evox 8 cause he was looking for a small system or something to that effect

Quote? Link?
Joee 5:04 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Joee*

LMAO

Contradicting yourself AGAIN....

So if you got me such a "Killer Price", why do you say this here? ->

Quote:
Joee 4:16 PM - 28 May, 2015

serato.com

LMAO, you can't make this stuff up....

you didn't pay 5K you paid less, don't round it off witch is why i said that

if he did charge you 5K show me the paypal invoice……i can show you the 3K i spent last month
 6 5:05 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
lmao

Quote:

stop guessing.

lies... but we know Joee*

If I was looking for purely portability, why would I be looking at the Maui or even the new Evox?

Like I said...

Joee* <--- lol

I've said it once and I've said it again.... ONE of the reasons for wanting that particular system was the array system. Just one of the reasons. The other reason was the fact that so many people thought it sounded great for being so portable - and again, it sounds great but not what I expected and definitely didn't meet my needs AT THAT PRICE POINT.

..... now stop derailing the thread....

AND STICK TO THE FACTS.

The facts are:

1. Anything you say is now tainted.

and

2. Johnny is telling you to shut up and you even said you'd shut up but you keep going and going

nm

nm
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:08 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

Don't tell me what I did and didn't pay...and I ain't showing you sh*t...

Quote:
i can show you the 3K i spent last month

How does that even RELEVANT in this convo?

You know what....

Keep Philosophizing....

You know I'm good for exposing frauds on this board....smh.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:10 PM - 2 June, 2015
How *IS that even RELEVANT in this convo?
 6 5:14 PM - 2 June, 2015
"You know I'm good for exposing frauds on this board....smh."

Ouch.

nm
Joee 5:17 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
You know I'm good for exposing frauds on this board....smh.

i told you before

i'm not the_black_one, you exposed nothing

Quote:

i have experience with a hole lot of different gear…..thats how it's relevant
Rebelguy 5:18 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Dude, I HAVE, but cats are trying to tell me what "Sounds Better"....lmao....

And they don't even OWN the box.

I don't own the boxes (although I am considering the tops) but just talked with friend who owns (almost since they were released) the ETX15P tops and ETX18P subs. He said he runs the tops in live mode and the subs in music mode. That is his preference.

I may have missed your post but why did you pick the ZXA5s over the ETX tops?
Joee 5:18 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
2. Johnny is telling you to shut up and you even said you'd shut up but you keep going and going

you need to go back and read….i said if he told me i was wrong , i would not talk about the etx18sp

have you seen me talking about it?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:18 PM - 2 June, 2015
Ok, maybe I shouldn't be so harsh, but BRUH you got like 8 Million Stories...

A lot of stuff you offer is YOUR OPINION,

Some of the stuff is valid info, but it is my responsibility to sift thru the BS and the Facts...before making a purchase...

However, don't get it twisted...A LOT of times, you be Makin *ish Up...

LMAO @ SHOW YOU THE INVOICE.....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:22 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
He said he runs the tops in live mode and the subs in music mode. That is his preference.

And that is EXACTLY my point....

Cats are in here trying to tell me that the ETX18SP sounds better in "LIVE" mode....

But I want to be clear - you said
Quote:
but just talked with friend who owns (almost since they were released) the ETX15P tops and ETX18P subs.

Do you mean the ETX18SP subs or something else
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:23 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
I may have missed your post but why did you pick the ZXA5s over the ETX tops?

Because Joee* told me that they were way LOOOOOOOUUUUDDDDEEEERRRRR....LMAO.

And that nobody else really had a "Clear" winner over the ZXA5's....
Joee 5:23 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Ok, maybe I shouldn't be so harsh,

no we good, i don't get emotional like some people do

Quote:
A lot of stuff you offer is YOUR OPINION,

Some of the stuff is valid info, but it is my responsibility to sift thru the BS and the Facts...before making a purchase...

However, don't get it twisted...A LOT of times, you be Makin *ish Up...

i don't get how i'm making thing up, if i'm speaking from personal experience tho?

Quote:
LMAO @ SHOW YOU THE INVOICE.....

i'm saying tho you could be making it up….."we need facts"

5k is still a good price considering it would have been $6,400
Joee 5:24 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

i must have been making that up to…...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:24 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

i have experience with a hole lot of different gear…..thats how it's relevant

Dude, you buy gear because it has the letter "E" in it...

That means nothing.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:25 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

i must have been making that up to…...

You could have been, but there were enough people on the forum who agreed with you, so I checked that one off as being "True".
Joee 5:29 PM - 2 June, 2015
now the Rebelguy is in here

lets talk about 12" subs since you alway like to make fun of 12" subs Rebelguy has some & they are beast ……i always wanted a pair

they sound better than some 18"

those are facts….not opinion
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:31 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
i don't get how i'm making thing up, if i'm speaking from personal experience tho?

Do you own or have ever owned an ETX18SP?

Quote:
i'm saying tho you could be making it up….."we need facts"

You can ask Pdidy. or Desmorider....

Now what?

Quote:
5k is still a good price considering it would have been $6,400

Nope, now you're backpeddlin.... YOU SAID -
Quote:

and

Quote:

HOW
U
GONNA
TELL
ME
WHAT
I
PAID?

Guessing.

And IF I paid LESS, then gimmie my change....
 6 5:32 PM - 2 June, 2015
lol

nm
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:32 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
now the Rebelguy is in here

lets talk about 12" subs since you alway like to make fun of 12" subs Rebelguy has some & they are beast ……i always wanted a pair

they sound better than some 18"

those are facts….not opinion

Why don't you create the correct thread then?

Stop trying to change the subject.

lmao.
Joee 5:35 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
HOW
U
GONNA
TELL
ME
WHAT
I
PAID?

Guessing.

And IF I paid LESS, then gimmie my change....

you yourself DJJOHNNYM_vSL3, told me $1,325 for each top & $1,100 for each sub did you not?

ok so maybe you were mistaken……..thats only $150 than you first told me
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:37 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
you yourself DJJOHNNYM_vSL3, told me $1,325 for each top & $1,100 for each sub did you not?

Proof?
Joee 5:44 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Proof?

all you have to do is go into your pm & you have all the proof you need

but yea $1,350 & $1,150……. you right, i was expecting you to pay that $150 less as per those pm's
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:48 PM - 2 June, 2015
Well let's put it on Front Street

Quote:
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:30 AM - 29 April, 2015

Quote:
what about the zxa5?

Quote:
EXT18SP should be 1100, and the JBL 1500.00...decisions, decisions....

these prices are good…….you do realize that not errbody gets them prices, your welcome

I think he said 1325.00

And that was early on....before the prices "changed"

smh.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:49 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
but yea $1,350 & $1,150……. you right, i was expecting you to pay that $150 less as per those pm's

OF COURSE I'm right, I know how much I paid....

smh.....
Joee 5:51 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
And that was early on....before the prices "changed"

smh.

um yea……i already you were right…..that was my mistake thinking $4,850
 6 5:55 PM - 2 June, 2015
Walk away now before you make yourself look worse Joee*

nm
Joee 5:59 PM - 2 June, 2015
yea that 150 discrepancy is just so bad, excuse me for thinking he paid a price after he told me what he was getting it for
Rebelguy 6:02 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

Yes it is ETX18SP. Just missed a key when I was typing on my phone.

Also, did you see this promo for free covers for ETX speakers when purchased after May 1st?

www.electrovoice.com

That should save you a bit of money. The only downside is it takes up to 60 days to get the covers. Maybe you can have your dealer give you a pair for free and then send him the ones you get in the mail when they arrive.
Joee 6:03 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Also, did you see this promo for free covers for ETX speakers when purchased after May 1st?

www.electrovoice.com

That should save you a bit of money. The only downside is it takes up to 60 days to get the covers. Maybe you can have your dealer give you a pair for free and then send him the ones you get in the mail when they arrive.

good stuff ,you just got him two free covers
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:05 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Ok, just wanted to be sure and get all the facts!

Quote:

www.electrovoice.com

WHAT? Lawd.....now YOU are the man.....

Holy *ish...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:07 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
yea that 150 discrepancy is just so bad, excuse me for thinking he paid a price after he told me what he was getting it for

No, I CLEARLY SAID "I think he said 1350, which is what he DID initially say, but not what I paid because the price "changed"....

But the ISSUE is that you JUST KNEW how much of MY MONEY I PAID for something...

Again, GUESSING.....

I never told you the final price AND I never told you WHO I was ULTIMATELY getting them from....
DJ Dynamight 6:10 PM - 2 June, 2015
I was literally about to post that link too.

The turnaround was pretty quick for me. I emailed my completed form on a Monday, got a reply 2 days later the day it was processed, and it shipped from South Carolina and it was delivered to Brooklyn by Friday. Dope.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:10 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
I was literally about to post that link too.

The turnaround was pretty quick for me. I emailed my completed form on a Monday, got a reply 2 days later the day it was processed, and it shipped from South Carolina and it was delivered to Brooklyn by Friday. Dope.

AHHHHH, that's DOOOOOOPPPPEEEE!!!!!

Wow, y'all sure know how to find a good deal!!!!
Joee 6:11 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

No, I CLEARLY SAID "I think he said 1350, which is what he DID initially say, but not what I paid because the price "changed"....

But the ISSUE is that you JUST KNEW how much of MY MONEY I PAID for something...

Again, GUESSING.....

I never told you the final price AND I never told you WHO I was ULTIMATELY getting them from....

man stop crying and go fill out them forms so you can get those free covers
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:24 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
man stop crying and go fill out them forms so you can get those free covers

LMAO @ ain't nobody crying...

I'm exercising my right to use Joee* Privilege
 6 6:25 PM - 2 June, 2015
"I'm exercising my right to use Joee* Privilege"

Pure comedy lol

nm
Joee 6:31 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Pure comedy lol

i have to agree with you there
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:40 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
was up zxa5 <insert random speaker brand name> man…….you going to bring your ball back to the play grown? or are you still mad :-(
Joee 6:42 PM - 2 June, 2015
you sure are doing a lot of posting……

please don't say you get paid to post, if that was true you would be a rich man
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:44 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

You trying to get into Paycheck comparison again?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:44 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

You trying to get into Paycheck comparisons again?
Joee 6:49 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

you can't be serious right?

you got joke right?

you all of a sudden know my income?

C"Mon Son

i'm set for life i don't have to do anything if i don't want to
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:52 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

you can't be serious right?

you got joke right?

you all of a sudden know my income?

C"Mon Son

i'm set for life i don't have to do anything if i don't want to

Hole up, YOU were the one who exercised Joee* Privilege with the comment of
Quote:

Is that you making a comment about by income or no?
 6 6:53 PM - 2 June, 2015
"i'm set for life i don't have to do anything if i don't want to"

"I take all gigs because I have to" or something to that effect.

Again which is it? lol

nm
Joee 6:53 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

only repeating what you always say JHONNYFACTS
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:54 PM - 2 June, 2015
Anyway Rebelguy

Quote:
Rebelguy 1:18 PM - 2 June, 2015

but just talked with friend who owns (almost since they were released) the ETX15P tops and ETX18P subs. He said he runs the tops in live mode and the subs in music mode. That is his preference.

Did he expand on why he doesn't use "Live" mode for the Subs?
Joee 6:55 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
"I take all gigs because I have to" or something to that effect.

if your going to quote do it right ……i also said i don't have to

the hand holding is serious

flag all you want JM

COM O DEE
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:55 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

only repeating what you always say JHONNYFACTS

You should stick with the Facts man....

Keep that asterisk shiny tho (*)
 6 6:56 PM - 2 June, 2015
yeah.... you also say a lot of things that contradict each other

So thanks for making that clear hahaha

nm
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:56 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

Ain't no hand holding here, I can't help when other folks chime in...

I'm talking and HAVE ONLY been talking straight to you....
Joee 7:01 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

i don't believe you
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:08 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i don't believe you

I'm exercising my right to use Joee* Privilege

I'm allowed to speculate....

On ANYTHING.
Joee 7:12 PM - 2 June, 2015
eddy excuse me "eddie murphy"
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:13 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
eddy excuse me "eddie murphy"

Typical....wait...

GUESSING.....
Joee 7:16 PM - 2 June, 2015
………………………

come back in 20 minuets while i try to guess a response

…………………………………...
pdidy 7:27 PM - 2 June, 2015
Untracking
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:29 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Untracking

NOOOOO!!!!!

Ok, I'll leave Joee* alone, but he better stay in his corner....

I appreciate your input man.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:30 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Anyway Rebelguy

Quote:

but just talked with friend who owns (almost since they were released) the ETX15P tops and ETX18P subs. He said he runs the tops in live mode and the subs in music mode. That is his preference.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming....
Joee 7:32 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Untracking

a 3 fer, that has to be a new serato forum record
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:34 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Anyway Rebelguy

Quote:

Back to our regularly scheduled programming....
Taipanic 7:39 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Untracking

I agree. I try to stay tracked in conversations so I can offer assistance or learn something but you guys get ridiculous. Three different threads with over 100 comments this afternoon, 90 of which are BS. These extended parrys back and forth between you guys ruin of lot of what would be helpful and informative Forum Posts - nobody new to here wants to read through that BS.
Joee 7:41 PM - 2 June, 2015
o snap

a quintoplet

you did it to your own thread JM
Joee 7:42 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
I agree. I try to stay tracked in conversations so I can offer assistance or learn something but you guys get ridiculous. Three different threads with over 100 comments this afternoon, 90 of which are BS. These extended parrys back and forth between you guys ruin of lot of what would be helpful and informative Forum Posts - nobody new to here wants to read through that BS.

i agree with you sir, but these guys are actually entertaining
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:06 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

Nah, you've taken on some of Akiem traits.

I've been trolled, oh well.
Joee 8:09 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Nah, you've taken on some of Akiem traits.

I've been trolled, oh well.

is that a "fact" or are you "guessing"
DJ Remy USA 8:10 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Did you say 400 BUCKS?

Seriously?

still got me brand new EV sitting wrapped in sheets because the covers would set me back 200. I was like nah
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:13 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Did you say 400 BUCKS?

Seriously?

still got me brand new EV sitting wrapped in sheets because the covers would set me back 200. I was like nah

Man, I'll be filling out that EV form and sending it in with the QUICKNESS...
Joee 8:17 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Man, I'll be filling out that EV form and sending it in with the QUICKNESS...

see there if you would have bought etx15p's you would have got all your cover FREE

so now you get two free & you have to pay for the other two

:-P

i hope you kept the box's they usually want you to cut out the serial number bar code as proof of your purchase
DJ Dynamight 8:36 PM - 2 June, 2015
Only need to include a copy of the purchase receipt. No cutting of the barcode required.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:37 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Only need to include a copy of the purchase receipt. No cutting of the barcode required.

Thanks for that info!
Joee 8:37 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:

ok……i did this with a few things from pioneer and even zxa1 covers & that was a requirement
Joee 8:38 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Thanks for that info!

you still have to pay for zxa5 cover thou

i'm saying that etx15p is looking better now
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:41 PM - 2 June, 2015
I love it when cats who OWN these devices and give current and correct info, and aren't worried about what the next man is spending his money on.

I've got a wife for that.
Joee 8:47 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
I love it when cats who OWN these devices and give current and correct info

yes….things must have changes….when i bought mine making back the serial number bard code was a requirement

or am i "guessing"

Quote:
I've got a wife for that.

i know you do….did you thank her for your new speakers?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:58 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
or am i "guessing"

You're trolling...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:59 PM - 2 June, 2015
But it's cool tho, as you have nothing else going on in your life.

Troll away.
Joee 9:12 PM - 2 June, 2015
is that "fact" or are you "guessing"
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:15 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
is that "fact" or are you "guessing"

Ha, looks like you and Caitlyn should get along great!
Joee 9:16 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Caitlyn

who's that?

i can only "guess"
DJ Dynamight 10:15 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

ok……i did this with a few things from pioneer and even zxa1 covers & that was a requirement

Yep, I had to cut the barcode for my $200 DJM-909 rebate a decade ago.
Joee 10:23 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Yep, I had to cut the barcode for my $200 DJM-909 rebate a decade ago.

yep, i had to cut it out my EV zxa1 & zxa sub just 3 years ago, notice were it said UPCs code from product

www.google.com
DJ Val-BKNY11203 12:53 AM - 3 June, 2015
Damn Joee is this really you or has Bezzle got hold of your log in?

Sheesh ease up dude.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:06 AM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:

Sheesh ease up dude.

What's good Val? I'm a ZXA5'er!
DJ Val-BKNY11203 11:33 AM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Sheesh ease up dude.

You on that next level now homie. You make me wanna breakdown & finally buy a sub instead of renting.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:44 AM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
You on that next level now homie. You make me wanna breakdown & finally buy a sub instead of renting.

If you have the space to store it, and the ability to move them, and do enough events to warrant them, it would be a VERY wise investment.

Aside from all the BS that we talk on here, there are a LOT of knowledgeable cats on here. Real Rap.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 12:12 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

If you have the space to store it, and the ability to move them, and do enough events to warrant them, it would be a VERY wise investment.

Aside from all the BS that we talk on here, there are a LOT of knowledgeable cats on here. Real Rap.

Ability to move is the key. Don't have a SUV anymore. I rent a KW181 when needed or borrow some wheels if I need more than one. Most likely I will get one of those or a VRX because they can fit in my trunk.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:36 PM - 3 June, 2015
What brand tops do you have again?
Joee 1:07 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:

Sheesh ease up dude.

i was just answering JM barrage of post over 3 different threads

;-)

Quote:

i'm "guessing" ev elx115p
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:12 PM - 3 June, 2015
Hey VAL

Quote:
Joee 1:15 PM - 3 June, 2015
What?

i'm "GUESSING"
Joee 1:17 PM - 3 June, 2015
hey VAL

i'm "guessing" the EKX18SP would be a great match for ur again i'm "guessing" ev elx115p
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:19 PM - 3 June, 2015
It's obvious that your feelings are hurt and your skirt is showing.
Joee 1:23 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
It's obvious that your feelings are hurt and your skirt is showing.

it's obvious your to emotional & don't realize when some one is joking with you

i already told you yesterday "you were good"

i"m "guessing" i have to use the :-P ever time with you

FYI…..i wear the paints in this house ,just saying

lmao @ feeling hurt c'mon son
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:26 PM - 3 June, 2015
Again, being trolled....

You aren't joking, you're mad that you've been exposed as a Not So Know It All.

This also happened the last time I told someone to "Man Up"....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:27 PM - 3 June, 2015
But apparently, you want to get on Val's "Good Side"....

So get to boot lickin' to get that commission!
Joee 1:37 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
You aren't joking, you're mad that you've been exposed as a Not So Know It All.

is this ur claim?
Quote:
This also happened the last time I told someone to "Man Up"....

are we talking about dude with the sausage shit? if so that hole "Man Up" thing didn't qualify in his case just saying

Quote:
But apparently, you want to get on Val's "Good Side"....

is this ur claim?

Quote:
So get to boot lickin' to get that commission!

sounds like something you would do……you working for the man and all, just saying

me telling you val owns elx or a ekx makes a nice match hardly constitutes boot likcin

you are showing ur emotion
DJ Remy USA 1:42 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Caitlyn

who's that?

i can only "guess"

chill
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:42 PM - 3 June, 2015
LOL, now you're stalking me...
Quote:
i was just answering JM barrage of post over 3 different threads

Quote:
me telling you val owns elx or a ekx makes a nice match hardly constitutes boot likcin

But Val is a GROWN AZZ MAN, and he can answer for himself...

Do you have to inject yourself into EVERY PA conversation?

Hell, how do you KNOW the EKX would make a "Good Match" for HIM, and you don't even OWN it....lmao...again.

Go head gurl...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:43 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Caitlyn

who's that?

i can only "guess"

chill

Man, let him go on....it just shows the board who you're really dealing with on the net.
DJ Remy USA 1:44 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sheesh ease up dude.

ZZsounds has a great payment plan as well as AMS Im paying on my EV ELX speakers gonna buy the EKX 15p sub after I pay these off, as long as you got mobiles during the summer its worth the investment. i rented speakers the last 2 years and spent at least half of my earnings. I could have purchased a bad ass system by now so just get it on credit dude
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:47 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sheesh ease up dude.

ZZsounds has a great payment plan as well as AMS Im paying on my EV ELX speakers gonna buy the EKX 15p sub after I pay these off, as long as you got mobiles during the summer its worth the investment. i rented speakers the last 2 years and spent at least half of my earnings. I could have purchased a bad ass system by now so just get it on credit dude

What is your transportation?

Val, same question to you as well, since you got rid of the SUV.
Joee 1:49 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Hell, how do you KNOW the EKX would make a "Good Match" for HIM, and you don't even OWN it....lmao...again.

well that simple

I've owned almost ever single powered speaker ev has made right up to the elx line

and they all played well with each other, i know from experience sir

i didn't just buy my first pair of powered speaker last week

Quote:
Go head gurl...

i already told you i wear the pants in my house
DJ Remy USA 1:52 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sheesh ease up dude.

I have Nissan Altima, not a very big car but I can actually fit this into my car

2 - ELX 112
2- SBA 760 subs (15inch)
2- Turntables
1- Table
Cable Bag
Mixer Bag
2 speaker stands or just subs stands depending

Im still left with some space to play with on the front seat as well as the floor on the back seat. If you pack smart you can fit 2 tops and 2 15inch subs into most sedans. I rent the SBA's and they have castors so I put them on my back seat next to each other with one of ELX 112 in between them. So it works
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:52 PM - 3 June, 2015
Yeah, you wear the "Pants Suits", like Hillary...

Like I said, Val is a Grown Azz Man, HE is fully capable of responding when he gets good and ready.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:54 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
I have Nissan Altima, not a very big car but I can actually fit this into my car

2 - ELX 112

2- SBA 760 subs (15inch)

2- Turntables

1- Table

Cable Bag

Mixer Bag

Im still left with some space to play with on the front seat as well as the floor on the back seat. If you pack smart you can fit 2 tops and 2 15inch subs into most sedans. I rent the SBA's and they have castors so I put them on my back seat next to each other with one of ELX 112 in between them. So it works

And that system can play for about how many people?
DJ Remy USA 1:57 PM - 3 June, 2015
Ive done parties with like 250 maybe a little more and still had some head room to go on the entire system, but you can make more head room by cutting all the bass from 40k and down most folks cant tell the difference so you can push the systems a little further than normal.
Joee 1:57 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:

2 - ELX 112
2- SBA 760 subs (15inch)
2- Turntables
1- Table
Cable Bag
Mixer Bag

dude i feel you I've been there & done that ,i use to fit all my gear in a 2 door honda accord
www.netcarshow.com

i would fit two 15" one 18", amp rack with 2 amps crossover & eq, turntables mixer crates,

speaker stands, lights & all the other odds & ends wires etc
DJ Remy USA 2:00 PM - 3 June, 2015
^^^ yea its like tetris, I just hate playing tetris at 2AM after the gig is over and Im down there packing for 2 hours. Im a one man show like most guys on here. Thats why cats who try to get me to do a mobile for 2-300$ get laughed at and referred to another DJ.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:00 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Ive done parties with like 250 maybe a little more and still had some head room to go on the entire system, but you can make more head room by cutting all the bass from 40k and down most folks cant tell the difference so you can push the systems a little further than normal.

Thank you sir.

One last question, if I may....

About how much does it cost to rent subs?
Joee 2:00 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Yeah, you wear the "Pants Suits", like Hillary...

hilary actually ran the country …she told bill what to do, with any luck she will be in the white house again

but like i said i wear the pants…..real pants…….i don't need to ask permission
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:02 PM - 3 June, 2015
Great, you can be just like Hillary. Enjoy your wardrobe Caitlyn.
Joee 2:03 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
^^^ yea its like tetris, I just hate playing tetris at 2AM after the gig is over and Im down there packing for 2 hours. Im a one man show like most guys on here. Thats why cats who try to get me to do a mobile for 2-300$ get laughed at and referred to another DJ.

what saved me is the back seat went down made things easier

Quote:

you can actually go to guitar center in jersey & rent out a yorkvile ls801p for $120 and it doesn't matter if you keep it for one day or the weekend ……still the same price
Joee 2:04 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:

i do enjoy wearing the paint in my house …..i do what i want…..
Joee 2:05 PM - 3 June, 2015
& i'll ask agin who is Caitlyn? yesterday you said i would get along good with here
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:05 PM - 3 June, 2015
I see I'm gonna have to be specific here...

DJ Remy USA:
Quote:
Joee 2:07 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:

DJ Remy USA:
Quote:

just giving you said info

since you live in jersey …….what? now you made that i'm telling you how much GC rents subs for?

emotions!…….give GC of cherry hill a call see what they say
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:09 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
just giving you said info

Joee*, I don't trust your info...I've made that clear....

so again, you can let a Grown Azz Man answer for himself...
Joee 2:12 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
emotions!…….give GC of cherry hill… NJ... a call see what they say
desmorider 2:14 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
& i'll ask agin who is Caitlyn? yesterday you said i would get along good with here

Bruce Jenner's new name
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:15 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
emotions!…….give GC of cherry hill… NJ... a call see what they say

Again, you don't know WTF you're talking about...

Why should I give GC of Cherry Hill a call, when I don't live ANYWHERE near there, and I wanted to see WHAT THE GUYS on HERE actually paid...

Again, you assuming you have the answers cats are looking for....

VAL lives in NY, so GC prices OVER THERE may be COMPLETELY different...

Joee*, you don't have the answers man.

Stop feeling needy, Caitlyn is the newly hired Sales rep for RCF for the East Coast, if you would have Googled her, you'd know...
DJ Remy USA 2:16 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:

hahaha that was actually funny...but chill with Caitlyn reference that is so depressing
DJ Remy USA 2:18 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:

DJ Remy USA:
Quote:

For the subs I only pay about 150$ for both but I rent lights from the same guy too so that normally brings up the price.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:18 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

hahaha that was actually funny...but chill with Caitlyn reference that is so depressing

Aitte, I'll fall back...

but real quick, how much does it cost for YOU to rent subs?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:18 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

DJ Remy USA:

Quote:

For the subs I only pay about 150$ for both but I rent lights from the same guy too so that normally brings up the price.

Roger that...
DJ Remy USA 2:21 PM - 3 June, 2015
For those confused "Caitlyn" is the sign of all manhood being crushed and celebrated by the media. If you aren't at least a little bothered by how its being celebrated then oh well I guess thats just you. Anyways thats another thread
Joee 2:22 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Bruce Jenner's new name

so JM keeps up on current events, got you……i mean i would most certainly dj her coming out party if the money is right

Quote:

he's just showing his emotions

Quote:
Again, you don't know WTF you're talking about...

there go those emotions again……i'm just giving you my experience in renting subs from a NJ store….you live in jersey right

Quote:
VAL lives in NY

does he……i could swear i heard him say he rented subs from chuck levin….witch is in baltimore
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:23 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
For those confused "Caitlyn" is the sign of all manhood being crushed and celebrated by the media. If you aren't at least a little bothered by how its being celebrated then oh well I guess thats just you. Anyways thats another thread

From the Wheaties Box, to the Wheaties Box again, but NO NUTS....lmao.
Joee 2:27 PM - 3 June, 2015
@desmorider it's going down this saturday 3pm if that works for you cheesesteaks hoagies & beers on me if you can make it brother

if you smoke cigars i'll have a nice opus x for you along with some scotch
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:29 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
so JM keeps up on current events, got you……i mean i would most certainly BJ her coming out party if the money is right

OF COURSE YOU WOULD....

And that is the lesson of the day my DJ comrades....

The Real Joee*...all about that bottom dollar.

Quote:
i'm just giving you my experience in renting subs from a NJ store….you live in jersey right

I didn't direct the question to you, nor did I ask for your "experience"...

Who said that THEY or I would be RENTING from a store? See, there you GO AGAIN..

You don't know WTF you're talking about....AGAIN...

Quote:
does he……i could swear i heard him say

This is why you need to let a "Grown Azz Man" answer questions directed towards THEM...
desmorider 2:30 PM - 3 June, 2015
Damn it's like a real life domestic disturbance in this bitch between Joee and Johnny. Johnny I hope I don't get put in penalty box for just giving what rental rates are in my area, and what my brother can get on long island.

In virginia $40 per box on qsc kw series, or yorkville picking up fri returning sunday. Thats kw 152 tops, kw181 subs. For boxes $160.

Brother gets yorkville powered $40-$50 per box suffolk county. Some sound companies and small music stores will give great deals just to not have the stuff sitting for the weekend.

Once again I hope I don't get my head bitten off for answering. I think that this provides good information to those that might be interested in rentals. It gives a feel for rates in different areas.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:32 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Damn it's like a real life domestic disturbance in this bitch between Joee and Johnny. Johnny I hope I don't get put in penalty box for just giving what rental rates are in my area, and what my brother can get on long island.

In virginia $40 per box on qsc kw series, or yorkville picking up fri returning sunday. Thats kw 152 tops, kw181 subs. For boxes $160.

Brother gets yorkville powered $40-$50 per box suffolk county. Some sound companies and small music stores will give great deals just to not have the stuff sitting for the weekend.

Once again I hope I don't get my head bitten off for answering. I think that this provides good information to those that might be interested in rentals. It gives a feel for rates in different areas.

Great Info desmorider!

Lol, and this is why I asked people who SPECIFICALLY RENTED what they are charged...

Who knows? I might start renting out MY jawns!..
Joee 2:35 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
so JM keeps up on current events, got you……i mean i would most certainly BJ her coming out party if the money is right

OF COURSE YOU WOULD....

And that is the lesson of the day my DJ comrades....

The Real Joee*...all about that bottom dollar.

lmao

see right there ur showing ur emotion with those misquote tactics ,but ay i'm not mad at you you …..keep showing them emotions
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:36 PM - 3 June, 2015
I'm not "mad" at you either....

But again, you're the one who has to answer for errybody...

That's a female trait yo....

Carry on.
Joee 2:45 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
That's a female trait yo....

i wouldn't be talking about female traits if i was you

Quote:
But again, you're the one who has to answer for errybody...

me telling you what GC CH rents out a sub for is useful info you can add that with the numbers everybody else gave you….& it will give you an idea of what you may want to charge

Quote:
I'm not "mad" at you either....

umm ok…….why don't you misquote some more in attempts to be funny
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:50 PM - 3 June, 2015
Why don't you simply let people answer for themselves?

You ain't got all the answers Joee*.

And yes, your female traits have your skirt full blown....smh.

Fellas, you see this....

Good Luck to those who are going to "Meet" "him"....
DJ GaFFle 2:50 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:

...Who knows? I might start renting out MY jawns!..

Man... even WITH a preconfigured Driverack, I'd be wary renting out my ZXA5's to anyone. Same goes with the EV ETX's. That DSP may confuse the typical DJ. Even you didn't have it quite right your first gig until you got home, played around with it, and then read the manual. Sheeid, the next man renting may ignore that DSP altogether and just go for broke on your system...

If you want to get into renting stuff, I'd suggest some low-cost ZLX / Eon gear or some simplified, but rugged and dependable, Yorkville or K/KW series stuff. Keep your EV's pristine, in covers, and by your side. :-)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:54 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Man... even WITH a preconfigured Driverack, I'd be wary renting out my ZXA5's to anyone. Same goes with the EV ETX's. That DSP may confuse the typical DJ. Even you didn't have it quite right your first gig until you got home, played around with it, and then read the manual. Sheeid, the next man renting may ignore that DSP altogether and just go for broke on your system...

If you want to get into renting stuff, I'd suggest some low-cost ZLX / Eon gear or some simplified, but rugged and dependable, Yorkville or K/KW series stuff. Keep your EV's pristine, in covers, and by your side. :-)

Hole up...lol...

Maybe I should clarify...

I'D BRING and setup and RUN the equipment....lmao.
DJ Remy USA 2:59 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Great Info desmorider!

Lol, and this is why I asked people who SPECIFICALLY RENTED what they are charged...

Who knows? I might start renting out MY jawns!..

you should rent out your system its Top notch, you can easily get it out the house every weekend if you rent it for like $200 or maybe 250$ for the whole system.
Joee 3:00 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Why don't you simply let people answer for themselves?

You ain't got all the answers Joee*.

And yes, your female traits have your skirt full blown....smh.

Fellas, you see this....

Good Luck to those who are going to "Meet" "him"....

o they see "you" mad as hell

when you need some pointers on how to book those upscale JAWNS holla @ me

PS

get those uplights meng…….upscale clients really do pay for it 10 uplights $200 20 uplights $400, they pay for them self
DJ Remy USA 3:01 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

When you rent gear you go to the site and set it up for the DJ you dont let them setup your system unless you trust the guy and know he know's what he's doing. DJs shouldnt be touching the DSP settings on the back imo. Get in the practice of dropping the gear earlier to set up cause when you start renting you are liable to rent gear and have to DJ on the same day so get ready to be busy
DJ GaFFle 3:04 PM - 3 June, 2015
Makes sense... just delving but I'm guessing you'd want to make more than the typical $xx per box considering you're bringing, setting up, running (for duration of gig), and breaking down the equipment. Time is money. For me, I'd rather rent some of my "extra" gear and have them pick it up, set up, return and such.

That way, they don't take away from my family or my own gig's time.
Joee 3:05 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
you should rent out your system its Top notch, you can easily get it out the house every weekend if you rent it for like $200 or maybe 250$ for the whole system.

my peoples rent out two system every week ……since there both in the same catering hall he gives them i break down in price

$300 for two systems for 5 hours
DJ Remy USA 3:05 PM - 3 June, 2015
^^^ true but it depends on your business model. The guy I rent from will rent speakers and lights out to the 3 different events on the same day, be at setup for each event and still his event and then go back and pick up all the gear. He makes chedder but Im sure he doesnt get much sleep on his busy days but I feel like its worth it. The family should understand when you gotta make that money
DJ Remy USA 3:08 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

my peoples rent out two system every week ……since there both in the same catering hall he gives them i break down in price

$300 for two systems for 5 hours

$300 is getting into those corporate rental fee's, for DJs like me thats too much you end up giving away your money especially if you only made $500 on your mobile you give away $300 in renting. Granted you can easily make upwards of $800-1200 per mobile so the #00 wont hurt as bad. When I start renting Im gonna rent top notch gear for affordable prices. Make sure you guys get insurance on your stuff or make sure everything has an extended warranty. Basically dont rent without protecting yourself
Joee 3:12 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
$300 is getting into those corporate rental fee's

no $300 is what he's charging to put sound in both rooms, $150 per room

each room consist of two 12" tops & one 18" sub
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:14 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:

Intrusting....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:15 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
When you rent gear you go to the site and set it up for the DJ you dont let them setup your system unless you trust the guy and know he know's what he's doing. DJs shouldnt be touching the DSP settings on the back imo. Get in the practice of dropping the gear earlier to set up cause when you start renting you are liable to rent gear and have to DJ on the same day so get ready to be busy

Oh, you already know....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:16 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Makes sense... just delving but I'm guessing you'd want to make more than the typical $xx per box considering you're bringing, setting up, running (for duration of gig), and breaking down the equipment. Time is money. For me, I'd rather rent some of my "extra" gear and have them pick it up, set up, return and such.

That way, they don't take away from my family or my own gig's time.

That's a good point as well....

However, I wouldn't rent to where it would interfere with my own gigs....

Hell, I wouldn't even "Rent" out the Cerwins unless I was there...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:17 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
my peoples rent out

smh....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:17 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
^^^ true but it depends on your business model. The guy I rent from will rent speakers and lights out to the 3 different events on the same day, be at setup for each event and still his event and then go back and pick up all the gear. He makes chedder but Im sure he doesnt get much sleep on his busy days but I feel like its worth it. The family should understand when you gotta make that money

Now THAT is a busy dude...
desmorider 4:09 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Oh, you already know....

I agree.
Can't dsp be locked on etx speakers?
DJ Remy USA 4:13 PM - 3 June, 2015
Im not sure if the DSP settings can be locked, someone who owns it should know but sounds feasible.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:20 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Im not sure if the DSP settings can be locked, someone who owns it should know but sounds feasible.

You can lock them, but not with a password.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:21 PM - 3 June, 2015
At least on the ETX18SP's
Taipanic 4:29 PM - 3 June, 2015
Sub rental in Tampa:
$40/weekend for Yorkville LS801p / $95/month. I've also rented SBa760s for $60/pair but that was several years ago.
Arjun B 4:29 PM - 3 June, 2015

Damnn it costs me $25 to rent out a LS800p / LS801p
Arjun B 4:33 PM - 3 June, 2015
I rented out SBA760's one time for $20/each.
Prices are pretty cheap down here in Canada, but again depends on where you are
DJ Val-BKNY11203 4:43 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Hey VAL

Quote:

Joee is correct. ELX 115
Joee 4:45 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Sub rental in Tampa:
$40/weekend for Yorkville LS801p / $95/month. I've also rented SBa760s for $60/pair but that was several years ago.

Quote:
I rented out SBA760's one time for $20/each.
Prices are pretty cheap down here in Canada, but again depends on where you are

damn you guy have some great pricing….the york is in the $100 price point @ a local GC for one day or the weekend

$95 a month …..wow
DJ Val-BKNY11203 4:46 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
hey VAL

i'm "guessing" the EKX18SP would be a great match for ur again i'm "guessing" ev elx115p

My understanding is that the EKX is a ELX with DSP. I'll pass. It's gonna be a KW 818 or VRX.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 4:49 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sheesh ease up dude.

I have a 08 Ford Taurus. The 181 or VRX will fit in the trunk, All the other 18's reasonably priced 18's are too big.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 4:53 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you sir.

From $50-$65 for the weekend.
Joee 5:08 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
My understanding is that the EKX is a ELX with DSP. I'll pass. It's gonna be a KW 818 or VRX.

the vrx is a beast…..i owned them, kw181 is no slouch neither but the vrx is in another league

if you go the vrx you will need to use the high pass out put of the vrx to than go to the ev's the vrx cross over point is selectable 80hz or 120hz…

the ev is 100hz set it to full range mode & let the vrx handle the crossover point……do you think you will upgrade your tops later if you go with the vrx?

getting back to the ekx 18" sub there have been a few reports that it does outperform the older elx118p
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:26 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Sub rental in Tampa:

Oh snap!
DJ Remy USA 5:26 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Sub rental in Tampa:

I wish thats really cheap those SBA760 for the pair are normally 150$ here
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:28 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
hey VAL

Thank you sir!

So much for that EKX.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:29 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you sir.

Nice, so now I see why cats be renting.
DJ Remy USA 5:29 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
hey VAL

I wouldnt say that true the specs on both are different when I compare the spec sheet. I havent heard the EKX yet tho and I wasnt impressed with EV's cheaper sub line but the ETX line is way better than the KW181. The KW181 is a boomier box kinda gritty not bad at all but the ETX sound is lush and full not really boomy but you gotta get what you want
DJ Remy USA 5:31 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you sir.

Thats just in those areas here in D.C area renting is expensive just rent a pair of CDJs for the weekend almost run you $200 just for the rental the cost of living here is outrageous
Joee 5:48 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
hey VAL

Thank you sir!

So much for that EKX.

i'm not so sure about that!

val has elx115p if the ekx18sp is the newer updated version of the ELX sub

wouldn't it make a good compliment to his ELX tops?

i have read a few reports that say the EKX18SP is a big improvement over the older ELX118P in the bass department/sound department
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:55 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:

YOU don't have to be "Sure" about it..

Val does.

How are you going to tell him what's a "Good Match" for him in his situation, and how he performs?

smh.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:56 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you sir.

Thats just in those areas here in D.C area renting is expensive just rent a pair of CDJs for the weekend almost run you $200 just for the rental the cost of living here is outrageous

Whew wheee.....
DJ Remy USA 5:57 PM - 3 June, 2015
Johnny and Joe yall like a married couple....LMAO

I bet both you dudes married too cause the bickering its just too much lol.
Taipanic 6:00 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you sir.

Exactly, I only own one LS800p, don't see the need for another as I can rent as needed. Most gigs really don't need more than one of those anyways. Eventually I will probably upgrade to Danleys so no point in spending extra $ on the Yorkvilles.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:00 PM - 3 June, 2015
Ain't nobody bickering....

But at LEAST I don't need an Emoticon to express myself......

lmao!

j/k
Taipanic 6:08 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:

I have a 08 Ford Taurus. The 181 or VRX will fit in the trunk, All the other 18's reasonably priced 18's are too big.

I'm not sure how a ZXa5/VRX sub combo will sound without outboard processing. The EVs are cut at 100 and the VRX can either be 80 or 120. So you will either be missing that upper "kick drum punch" of the 80-100 range or have overlapping frequencies possibly canceling each other out. Best bet would probably be run both with no cut and set the xovers in a Driverack.
Joee 6:10 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
I bet both you dudes married too cause the bickering its just too much lol.

well he is entertainment to me, i'm @ home sitting in my chair with my feet up on the ottoman relaxing ……like i do everyday……i don't have a day job….

while he's @ work checking the serato forum consistently, cause he's taking this stuff to heart …..lmao…..his emotions are all over the place

peep exhibit a serato.com

"DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:20 AM - 1 May, 2015
HE NEEDS TO GIVE JOEE A RAISE!

So, I initially buy that Swarm 5 for a total of 235.39 cents from GC.

Joee did the HOOKUP, and I'm now the proud owner of TWO Swarm 5's for 330.00 delivered to my door.

I don't care what they say about you Joee, you're alright with me....

Salute!"
Joee 6:12 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
I'm not sure how a ZXa5/VRX sub combo will sound without outboard processing. The EVs are cut at 100 and the VRX can either be 80 or 120. So you will either be missing that upper "kick drum punch" of the 80-100 range or have overlapping frequencies possibly canceling each other out. Best bet would probably be run both with no cut and set the xovers in a Driverack

all he would need to do is leave the tops set to full range & then let the output of the vrx output handle the crossover point thats sent to the tops

Quote:
if you go the vrx you will need to use the high pass out put of the vrx to than go to the ev's the vrx cross over point is selectable 80hz or 120hz…

the ev is 100hz set it to full range mode & let the vrx handle the crossover point……do you think you will upgrade your tops later if you go with the vrx?
DJ Val-BKNY11203 6:20 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

the vrx is a beast…..i owned them, kw181 is no slouch neither but the vrx is in another league

getting back to the ekx 18" sub there have been a few reports that it does outperform the older elx118p

My mixer has a dedicated sub output with an adjustable crossover point.

I am not looking to update tops anytime soon...unless I can get a crazy good deal.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 6:22 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
hey VAL

I wouldnt say that true the specs on both are different when I compare the spec sheet. I havent heard the EKX yet tho and I wasnt impressed with EV's cheaper sub line but the ETX line is way better than the KW181. The KW181 is a boomier box kinda gritty not bad at all but the ETX sound is lush and full not really boomy but you gotta get what you want

The ETX is official just too big for my whip. I'll pass on the EKX, it's not a game changer.
Taipanic 6:22 PM - 3 June, 2015
OK, was thinking the VRX didn't have a high pass out signal. Right then. Mixer to subs, high pass out to tops.

Val, my bad, I thought you had the ZXa5s.
Joee 6:22 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:

I am not looking to update tops anytime soon...unless I can get a crazy good deal.

your good than…..what mixer are you rocking? as for tops what $ would you consider a good deal
Joee 6:24 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
OK, was thinking the VRX didn't have a high pass out signal. Right then. Mixer to subs, high pass out to tops.

Val, my bad, I thought you had the ZXa5s.

i used to run zxa5/vrx918sp combo…. you know whats coming next…..lol

i wanted a lighter sub so i sold the vrx…..lol
DJ Val-BKNY11203 6:24 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
hey VAL

Thank you sir!

So much for that EKX.

val has elx115p if the ekx18sp is the newer updated version of the ELX sub

wouldn't it make a good compliment to his ELX tops?

i have read a few reports that say the EKX18SP is a big improvement over the older ELX118P in the bass department/sound department

I'm not worried about branding. If I do buy one it will be one of those 2. Hopefully QSC comes out with a new line and the price for the 181 will bottom out.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 6:28 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

your good than…..what mixer are you rocking? as for tops what $ would you consider a good deal

My 6 year old DDM4000 that everybody told me was a piece of shit & was gonna crap out on my after a year. LOL
Joee 6:29 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
I'm not worried about branding. If I do buy one it will be one of those 2. Hopefully QSC comes out with a new line and the price for the 181 will bottom out.

peep what was said about the ekx on pro sound forum ….i just might be up there with the qsc? forums.prosoundweb.com

"Spoke to someone earlier who went to the UK EV pa demonstration where they had the ZLX, ELX, EKX and ETX ranges set up side by side. He was extremely impressed with the EKX range and thought they were a clear step up in audio quality and output from the ELX118p's. His impressions of the EKX18sp was it would certainly hold up next to the QSC KW181 which he is very familiar with!
Very keen to hear the EKX18sp myself as I would like portable active subs that would be a step up from my ELX118p's but still weighing around 32kg."

but either one of you choices you really can't go wrong ,altho one does sound better than the other, it's just a matter of how much money you want to spend vrx around $1,500 qsc around $1,100
Joee 6:33 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
My 6 year old DDM4000 that everybody told me was a piece of shit & was gonna crap out on my after a year. LOL

lol……ok, i see it in your avatar ,wheel as long as it's working for you if it's not broke don't fix it

i'm ashamed to say i have used Behringer 8" & 12" for some front of house & monitor duties, they never let me down…..not the best sounding but ok…..lol ,i have since sold them
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:36 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
while he's @ work ...

peep exhibit a serato.com

"DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:20 AM - 1 May, 2015
HE NEEDS TO GIVE JOEE A RAISE!

Yep, you USED to be of service...

Now that you've been pimped out and I have what I need...

I'm good... :-)

Plus, you were patting yourself on the back the entire time...

Remember this ->
Quote:
these prices are good…….you do realize that not errbody gets them prices, your welcome

Who does that? IN PM? Really?

So you got the side eye right then...

So yep, I gave you props because I initially thought you deserved them, but come to find out, you're really self serving out to get something for your "troubles" or "Unsolicited Guesses"...lmao.

Basically, you're nothing but a "Promoter", but I won't be caught up again...

And you already KNOW I inducted MY OWN thread into the "Backfired Threads" hall of Shame...

serato.com

smh....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:38 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
all he would need to do is leave the tops set to full range & then let the output of the vrx output handle the crossover point thats sent to the tops

Wrong again...

Then he'd have overlapping frequencies from 2 different speakers....

Told y'all..

This dude be GUESSING.....smh.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:39 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Don't do it Val, don't go into the light....

I got the hookup..... :-D
DJ Wicked Mix 6:44 PM - 3 June, 2015
@Joee

What subs did you switch to after the vrx?
DJ Val-BKNY11203 6:49 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Don't do it Val, don't go into the light....

I got the hookup..... :-D

Trust I am just like you...not an impulse buyer. The ELX are my first pair of powered speakers. I did my homework. they were in my price range & had plenty of good reviews. They service all my needs. I don't need club level sounds for anything I do. If I need more sounds I just rent.

If I do get another pair I might just go for the RCF 745. Like you I might not always need a sub.
Joee 6:49 PM - 3 June, 2015
listen JM…we don't need you to explain your emotions dude do you, if thats how you rock…..than rock out son

Quote:
Quote:

Who does that? IN PM? Really?

So you got the side eye right then...

why do you post thing to make them look like what there not? that was us talking about your speakers

Quote:
Quote:

Wrong again...

Then he'd have overlapping frequencies from 2 different speakers....

Told y'all..

This dude be GUESSING.....smh.

you mean like you did when you used them last week…..LMAO

you starting to look very sad JM……he would NOT be over lapping anything as the vrx sub has a high passed/crossed over output

so you could set the vrx to 80hz……leave the zxa5 or elx115p on full range and it would only get that high passed output signal above 80hz

you see i can speak on this because I've owned powered speakers for many years & have owned & own the speakers in question

while you haven't evened owned a set of powered speakers for more than a week & now you think your a powered speaker expert…LMAO

stay in your lane…….my knowledge of powered speakers far surpasses yours, you are looking real sad there jhonny real sad…

COM O DEE
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:50 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Trust I am just like you...not an impulse buyer. The ELX are my first pair of powered speakers. I did my homework. they were in my price range & had plenty of good reviews. They service all my needs. I don't need club level sounds for anything I do. If I need more sounds I just rent.

If I do get another pair I might just go for the RCF 745. Like you I might not always need a sub.

I smell u.

The internet is a good place for information, and this forum DOES have some knowledgeable cats....

You already know the rest...
Joee 6:52 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
@Joee

What subs did you switch to after the vrx?

www.rcf.it
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:55 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
why do you post thing to make them look like what there not? that was us talking about your speakers

RIGHT! And you were PATTING YOURSELF on the BACK for supposedly getting me good prices....lmao.

Oh, you're embarrassed now?

Who knew.....

Quote:

lmao, who does that?
JDforKing 7:10 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not sure how a ZXa5/VRX sub combo will sound without outboard processing. The EVs are cut at 100 and the VRX can either be 80 or 120. So you will either be missing that upper "kick drum punch" of the 80-100 range or have overlapping frequencies possibly canceling each other out. Best bet would probably be run both with no cut and set the xovers in a Driverack

Quote:

Quick question. I have a pair of jbl prx718s and a pair of yamaha dxr12. The prx718s has a built in crossover that crosses at 120hz, if i wanted to run at 100hz i dis engage the crossover on the sub and set my tops to 100hz
Joee 7:14 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
RIGHT! And you were PATTING YOURSELF on the BACK for supposedly getting me good prices....lmao.

Oh, you're embarrassed now?

Who knew.....

why would i be embarrassed? i got u the hook up & your the one thats mad…..lmao
Quote:
Quote:

lmao, who does that?

keep posting with every one you look more sad

tell me more about "overlapping frequencies from 2 different speakers"

lmao
southernplayalisticaddilacmuzik 7:16 PM - 3 June, 2015
I feel like being the guy that steps in to reason with 2 drunks at a bar who are about to throw down. Then I'm like hell naw I ain't gettin punched while trying to be the "good guy".

Please continue....

Lol!
Joee 7:20 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quick question. I have a pair of jbl prx718s and a pair of yamaha dxr12. The prx718s has a built in crossover that crosses at 120hz, if i wanted to run at 100hz i dis engage the crossover on the sub and set my tops to 100hz

go ahed DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 sound man powered speaker pro….take this one, i'll let you answer

help JDforKing out with this one son
Joee 7:22 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
I feel like being the guy that steps in to reason with 2 drunks at a bar who are about to throw down. Then I'm like hell naw I ain't gettin punched while trying to be the "good guy".

Please continue....

Lol!

lmao…..
 6 7:25 PM - 3 June, 2015
Told ya'll about Joee* but you didn't listen. lol

nm
Joee 7:28 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:

nm

got ur pom poms ready i see

;-)
southernplayalisticaddilacmuzik 7:33 PM - 3 June, 2015
U-G-L-Y, you ain't got no alibi, you ugly, what what, you ugly!

Haha! Sorry, the pom poms comment made me thing of that from the movie Wild Cats. Classic!
southernplayalisticaddilacmuzik 7:34 PM - 3 June, 2015
*think
 6 7:38 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

nm

;-)

be ORIGINAL

I've been calling you a cheerleader since day 1

nm
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:47 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
keep posting with every one you look more sad

Man look...

Didn't I TELL you before, I get PAID to post?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:49 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

go ahed DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 sound man powered speaker pro….take this one, i'll let you answer

help JDforKing out with this one son

Oh, NOW you wanna act like you don't wanna jump in and answer questions now....lmao...

Didn't he direct that question to YOU?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:51 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
you see i can speak on this because ... have owned & own the speakers in question

Oh, NOW you get it!!!!!!!!!!

lmao....

I bet you'll start reading those manuals now...lmao.
southernplayalisticaddilacmuzik 7:53 PM - 3 June, 2015
JM & 6 ready for battle...

www.badmovies.org
DJ Nightmare Productions 7:54 PM - 3 June, 2015
I own the Passive Zx5s and I cross them over around 80hz usually run them over 2 JBL Mrx 528s Dual 18s, or if I want more thump use with 2 JBL STX 828S and I biamp them in that case so they can keep up with . They are a composite box but have high quality components that will standup over time properly used.
DJ Nightmare Productions 7:56 PM - 3 June, 2015
to be more specific I Cross tops at 85 LR 24 and Start subs at 80 LR24 its a 5hz gap but sounds good this way.. tight punchy bass and Chrystal clear high.. Just sharing my experience with them..
Joee 8:00 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
U-G-L-Y, you ain't got no alibi, you ugly, what what, you ugly!

Haha! Sorry, the pom poms comment made me thing of that from the movie Wild Cats. Classic!

LMAO

Quote:
Quote:

nm

;-)

facts are facts tho…..you got them jawns swinging saying

GIVE ME A

J

GIVE ME A

O

GIVE ME A

H

GIVE ME A

N

GIVE ME A

N

GIVE ME A

Y

what that spell JHONNY!!!!!

Quote:
Man look...

Didn't I TELL you before, I get PAID to post?

you mean your on the serato forum while at work…get to work don't let the boss man catch you

Quote:
JM & 6 ready for battle...

www.badmovies.org

LMAO

yo…..they look sweet like that tho
Quote:
Quote:
you see i can speak on this because ... have owned & own the speakers in question

Oh, NOW you get it!!!!!!!!!!

lmao....

I bet you'll start reading those manuals now...lmao.

i'm saying i skim throw them jawns tho for real
Quote:
Oh, NOW you wanna act like you don't wanna jump in and answer questions now....lmao...

Didn't he direct that question to YOU?

i mean you say i don't know nothing you could possibly assist him better
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:11 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:

GIVE ME A
J
GIVE ME A
O
GIVE ME A
H
GIVE ME A
N
GIVE ME A
N
GIVE ME A
Y

Quote:

LMAO! It DOES?

Even when you type (cheer) each letter SLOWLY, you can't even SPELL it right....

Looks like you better go to CHEERLEADING GRAMMAR school again...

Lookit you....lmao.

Trying to be all bubbly and sh*t....

That skirt is all up over your breasts now man....

Fake azz Marilyn Monroe.... www.djjohnnym.com
 6 8:11 PM - 3 June, 2015
There's only one thing that works with trolls...

I'll let you guess what that is Joee*

;)

nm
 6 8:13 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
GIVE ME A
J
GIVE ME A
O
GIVE ME A
H
GIVE ME A
N
GIVE ME A
N
GIVE ME A
Y

Quote:

LMAO! It DOES?

Even when you type (cheer) each letter SLOWLY, you can't even SPELL it right....

Looks like you better go to CHEERLEADING GRAMMAR school again...

Lookit you....lmao.

Trying to be all bubbly and sh*t....

That skirt is all up over your breasts now man....

Fake azz Marilyn Monroe.... www.djjohnnym.com

and while you sit on that couch, pick up a book or something. You make yourself look really bad. lol

nm
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:14 PM - 3 June, 2015
Yo, he took the time to SINGLE OUT EACH LETTER and STILL f*cked it up...

lmao..

You can't make this stuff up mayne...
 6 8:15 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Yo, he took the time to SINGLE OUT EACH LETTER and STILL f*cked it up...

lmao..

You can't make this stuff up mayne...

Even my 6 year old looking over my shoulder said he messed it up. lol

nm
 6 8:16 PM - 3 June, 2015
Anyway, I will let him marinate. I know he's going to come full blast with the emotions. I see he's been warming up all morning. hahahaha

nm
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:19 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Anyway, I will let him marinate. I know he's going to come full blast with the EMOTICONS. I see he's been warming up all morning. hahahaha

nm

FIXED.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:24 PM - 3 June, 2015
WOW, each and EVERY LETTER....

And STILL got it wrong....

lmao.
 6 8:28 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
WOW, each and EVERY LETTER....

And STILL got it wrong....

lmao.

It's them emotions man. He gets all flustered I bet. Probably sweating profusely and chugging them drinks one after the other non-stop.

lol

nm
southernplayalisticaddilacmuzik 8:28 PM - 3 June, 2015
But I gotta work on my run on paragraphs...psshhhhh! Lol!
 6 8:29 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:

hahahaha

nm
Joee 8:29 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:

lets see

DJJOHNNYM_vSL3
Quote:
GIVE ME A
J
GIVE ME A
O
GIVE ME A
H
GIVE ME A
N
GIVE ME A
N
GIVE ME A
Y

looks right to me
Quote:
and while you sit on that couch, pick up a book or something. You make yourself look really bad. lol

nm

i always knew you had it in you
www.istockphoto.com

Quote:
Quote:
Anyway, I will let him marinate. I know he's going to come full blast with the EMOTICONS. I see he's been warming up all morning. hahahaha

nm

FIXED.

come back strong to what? you two holding hands…..lmao at the real females being exposed you two should get a room
Joee 8:35 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:

the weeding dj one? dude i read that entire thing, well said by the way

but it made my eyes hurt for real (i may even need some glass now j/k)…..lol
Taipanic 8:37 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

You will have to check the user manual and confirm that the Yamaha is sending a 100 and below signal from the signal out (while only playing 100 & above. Some speakers do this and some do not (like my Yorkville sub). If it is doing that you should be good going from mixer-tops-subs.
Joee 8:42 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
You will have to check the user manual and confirm that the Yamaha is sending a 100 and below signal from the signal out (while only playing 100 & above. Some speakers do this and some do not (like my Yorkville sub). If it is doing that you should be good going from mixer-tops-subs.

lets help him out here for a minute you the holding hands bunch can't

www.jblpro.com

the internal crossover of the sub says 100hz, he shouldn't need to use that loop out crossover since the dxr crossover is also 100hz
southernplayalisticaddilacmuzik 8:43 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

the weeding dj one? dude i read that entire thing, well said by the way

but it made my eyes hurt for real (i may even need some glass now j/k)…..lol

Yeah that was mine. You were right though, I'm better than that. Lol!

Man all you fellas are trippin. I don't post much because I just don't like getting in fights online and I notice that this happens more often than not on this forum...which is not unlike most forums actually. But you all have CRAZY amounts of knowledge that over the past 10 years I've picked up on. Bits and pieces here and there. All that have really helped me succeed in what I do. Anyways, I know I know, now I'm dick ridin, lol, but just giving props to all you guys. Helped without even knowing it.

Ok enough sappiness. Where were we??? Oh yeah, Joee can't spell, and JohnnyM don't know shit about powered speakers.....GO! Lol!
Joee 8:49 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Man all you fellas are trippin. I don't post much because I just don't like getting in fight

who's fighting? this is entertainment to me, i would actually buy them a beer and a shoot cheers

to thank them for the quality laughs

;-)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:16 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

lets see

DJJOHNNYM_vSL3
Quote:
GIVE ME A
J
GIVE ME A
O
GIVE ME A
H
GIVE ME A
N
GIVE ME A
N
GIVE ME A
Y

looks right to me

OH IT DOES?

Lemmie add some clarity to the situation...

www.djjohnnym.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:17 PM - 3 June, 2015
Ha, you need to take EVERY GIG you can get, and hopefully get one at an Elementary School, so you can brush up on how to spell words...that YOU even spell out loud....

lmao...

Classic...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:19 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:

Man, look...

Joee* is NOT representative of the people on here who actually KNOW their sh*t...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:21 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Oh yeah, Joee can't spell, and JohnnyM don't know shit about powered speakers.....GO! Lol!

I know enough about them to read the manual....lmao.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:23 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Man all you fellas are trippin. I don't post much because I just don't like getting in fight

who's fighting? this is entertainment to me, i would actually buy them a beer and a shoot cheers

to thank them for the quality laughs

;-)

LMAO! Yep, them jokey jokes at YOUR expense...

Hey, PS44 needs a DJ!

You better jump on it now!

I hear they're only up to the letter "C"!
Rebelguy 10:57 PM - 3 June, 2015
Any chance all the folks contributing all the off-topic nonsense can take it to direct message or start another discussion? It's really a waste of time having to wade through all this senseless bickering.
Rebelguy 10:59 PM - 3 June, 2015
I'm not calling anyone out directly. This was just another informative thread that quickly went off course.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:05 PM - 3 June, 2015
Another attempt to derail, but I'm focused now.

We need a thread for cars and how much equipment can fit in them!

How y'all fit a bunch of equipment in anything smaller than an SUV boggles the mind.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 11:19 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:

How y'all fit a bunch of equipment in anything smaller than an SUV boggles the mind.

Powered speakers do make it easier. No amp racks. I can fit 2-15's, speaker stands, & small rolling suitcase with all my cables & laptop in my truck. And my coffin goes on the back seat.

If I rent a sub that goes in the trunk with stands & suitcase. Coffin goes on backseat, speaker on coffin, other speaker on floor.
JDforKing 11:35 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

lets help him out here for a minute you the holding hands bunch can't

www.jblpro.com

the internal crossover of the sub says 100hz, he shouldn't need to use that loop out crossover since the dxr crossover is also 100hz

No Joee that isn't correct. If you go back and look at my original post i said i have the jbl prx718s (www.jblpro.com) not the 718xlf and the 718s has a built in cross over frequency of 120hz not 100hz.
Joee 11:43 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:

o you focused …..your wife took them out the jar and let you put them back on?

you a man now?

cool…..

;-)
Joee 11:46 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
No Joee that isn't correct. If you go back and look at my original post i said i have the jbl prx718s (www.jblpro.com) not the 718xlf and the 718s has a built in cross over frequency of 120hz not 100hz.

my bad i was thinking the 718xlf

does the 718s…..have a pass thru out put? or is it a high pass output?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:50 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
o you focused …..your wife took them out the jar and let you put them back on?

you a man now?

cool…..

;-)

LMAO @ you still trying to lock the thread.
Yep, "ya boy" was right! Lol.

Carry on Caitlyn.
JDforKing 11:52 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

the product information says pass thru
JDforKing 11:53 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

The PRX718S is a powered, direct radiating subwoofer sytem comparable in performance to the VRX918SP. With a pole receptacle (that accepts a SS3-BK) on the top panel and integrated stereo pass-thru, with selectable HP filter, this is the most powerful complement to the PRX full-range systems. Configured with a PRX512M or PRX515; the result is a transportable, high performance sub-satellite system. The addition of a polarity reverse option further enables system optimization.
Joee 11:57 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
LMAO @ you still trying to lock the thread.
Yep, "ya boy" was right! Lol.

Carry on Caitlyn.

you keep make these references

lmao

you starting to look like one of those Mr Cee type dudes, isn't here form your neck of the woods
 6 12:05 AM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:
Ha, you need to take EVERY GIG you can get, and hopefully get one at an Elementary School, so you can brush up on how to spell words...that YOU even spell out loud....

lmao...

Classic...

That seriously made me lol

nm
Joee 12:06 AM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:
integrated stereo pass-thru,

but that it also says

Quote:
with selectable HP filter

so does it have both

if it does have a high pass out & you leave the top speaker on full range mode it will only get the frequencies above 120hz

if it does have a high pass out & you set the crossover on the top to 100hz it would still only get the frequencies over 120hz

either way the sub will handle 120hz- & the top will handle 120hz+

was there another part to this question? i believe there was but would have to sift thru the post
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:10 AM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:
No Joee that isn't correct.

That seems to be the theme of the threads lately! Lol! And he even had the MANUAL open!

You can't make this stuff up!
 6 12:10 AM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:

Correction. Not how but why in the world you would even want to.

nm
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:12 AM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Powered speakers do make it easier. No amp racks. I can fit 2-15's, speaker stands, & small rolling suitcase with all my cables & laptop in my truck. And my coffin goes on the back seat.

If I rent a sub that goes in the trunk with stands & suitcase. Coffin goes on backseat, speaker on coffin, other speaker on floor.

Nice! About how many people would that setup cover?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:14 AM - 4 June, 2015
Ahh, trolled again.
JDforKing 12:22 AM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
integrated stereo pass-thru,

but that it also says

Quote:
with selectable HP filter

so does it have both

if it does have a high pass out & you leave the top speaker on full range mode it will only get the frequencies above 120hz

if it does have a high pass out & you set the crossover on the top to 100hz it would still only get the frequencies over 120hz

either way the sub will handle 120hz- & the top will handle 120hz+

was there another part to this question? i believe there was but would have to sift thru the post

I'm assuming in order for the crossover to work, it has to be engaged (there is a button on the back of the sub to enact the crossover) I'm assuming when the button isn't push in the sub isn't crossed and all i have to do is set my tops to 100hz. But at what frequency does the sub play at when the crossover isn't being used on the sub?
Joee 12:23 AM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:
Ahh, trolled again.

by who? i'm sitting here with my 5 year old granddaughter giving me kisses on my hand telling me "i love you pop pop" before she goes to bed for the night

do you even know the joy that a grandchild doing this brings to your heart

rest assured my brova i'm very happy VERY happy…..

lmao @ being trolled……you mean you trying to troll
Joee 12:38 AM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:
I'm assuming in order for the crossover to work, it has to be engaged (there is a button on the back of the sub to enact the crossover) I'm assuming when the button isn't push in the sub isn't crossed and all i have to do is set my tops to 100hz. But at what frequency does the sub play at when the crossover isn't being used on the sub?

the sub it self is crossed over and only playing those sub frequencies ,it's not playing full range……you don't hear voices coming out of the sub correct?

if the 718s works like the vrx918sp?……than that switch does two things

when it's used it will send a high pass output to the tops @120hz+

when it's not used it will send a full range signal to the tops

the sub is playing @120hz- no mater what you do with the switch unless that switch is a selectable 80hz or 120hz witch it's not correct?

Quote:
I'm assuming when the button isn't push in the sub isn't crossed and all i have to do is set my tops to 100hz.

you don't want your top @ 100hz if your sub is @ 120hz…..you will be missing small 20hz range
Joee 12:40 AM - 4 June, 2015
let the hight pass output handle the frequencies that you tops get even if you set it to full range it will only get the hight pass signal
JDforKing 12:52 AM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:
let the hight pass output handle the frequencies that you tops get even if you set it to full range it will only get the hight pass signal

I've always done that but i was just curious if there was a way to get it crossed at 100hz through the tops even though the sub has a built in crossover of 120hz. I also know that the sub puts out nothing but low frequencies. I appreciate the insight.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:03 AM - 4 June, 2015
lol Grandpa...
 6 2:41 AM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:
lol Grandpa...

lol

nm
Joee 10:50 AM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:
I've always done that but i was just curious if there was a way to get it crossed at 100hz through the tops even though the sub has a built in crossover of 120hz. I also know that the sub puts out nothing but low frequencies. I appreciate the insight.

ok

you want to see if the top sends out a 100hz- to the sub that was the second part of the question right?

Quote:
Quote:
lol Grandpa...

lol

nm

it's a beautiful thing 6 & jm
DJ Val-BKNY11203 11:01 AM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:

They throw the bait in the water and you keep biting the hook. What happened to you dude?
Joee 11:08 AM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

They throw the bait in the water and you keep biting the hook. What happened to you dude?

nothing happened to me

there comments really don't mater…..i'm just kickin facts feel me

there just another form of entertainment while i watch the morning news
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:49 AM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:
What happened to you dude?

Exposure.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:50 AM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:
i'm just kickin facts feel me

Granpa Joee*

LMAO.
DJ Remy USA 12:44 PM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

the sub it self is crossed over and only playing those sub frequencies ,it's not playing full range……you don't hear voices coming out of the sub correct?

if the 718s works like the vrx918sp?……than that switch does two things

when it's used it will send a high pass output to the tops @120hz+

when it's not used it will send a full range signal to the tops

the sub is playing @120hz- no mater what you do with the switch unless that switch is a selectable 80hz or 120hz witch it's not correct?

Quote:
I'm assuming when the button isn't push in the sub isn't crossed and all i have to do is set my tops to 100hz.

you don't want your top @ 100hz if your sub is @ 120hz…..you will be missing small 20hz range

to his defense this will give you a bit more head room so you can push the sound a little harder. Might come in handy if you ever find yourself playing for more people than your setup can handle. That should never happen but if it does you gotta work around to produce a louder sound without clipping
Joee 1:20 PM - 4 June, 2015
@JDforKing, i just took a look @ my dxr12 & it does have the 120hz cut off point, your using the dxr12 or dxr15? both should be the same?

your basically trying to get that sub to not play in the 120hz, you want it to play in the 100hz range

i have to agree for live music play back, i have the 905-as witch has a selectable 80hz or 120hz…….i really don't like how it sounds @120hz…i always use 80hz

so basically, if you set the top HPF to 100hz….ur trying to figure out if it will sent everything below 100hz to the sub?
Taipanic 1:42 PM - 4 June, 2015
A lot of top speakers will only send out a full pass signal, not a low pass signal, even if the speaker itself is high passed. I believe it is mostly subs that will send a high pass signal to tops. You will have to read the documentation on each speaker to determine.
JDforKing 1:51 PM - 4 June, 2015
Thanks for the information guys.
Joee 2:04 PM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:
A lot of top speakers will only send out a full pass signal, not a low pass signal, even if the speaker itself is high passed. I believe it is mostly subs that will send a high pass signal to tops. You will have to read the documentation on each speaker to determine.

correct ….hence the name "high pass filter" vs high/low pass out or crossover

@Taipanic infocom, less than two weeks away, i'm going to need you to report back on the rcf evox 12…….lol

thank you sir
Rebelguy 2:38 PM - 4 June, 2015
I'm curious to see if QSC will have there new offerings there as well. I'm seriously leaning towards pulling the trigger on the JBL SRX812Ps but may wait it out.
Joee 2:47 PM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:
I'm curious to see if QSC will have there new offerings there as well. I'm seriously leaning towards pulling the trigger on the JBL SRX812Ps but may wait it out.

waiting would be a good idea @ less than two weeks away….unless you absolutely need them now
Rebelguy 2:52 PM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

waiting would be a good idea @ less than two weeks away….unless you absolutely need them now

True but the other question is how long the release date will be after an announcement.
Joee 3:03 PM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:
True but the other question is how long the release date will be after an announcement.

ahhh…… true ,right you are again
 6 4:15 PM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
i'm just kickin facts feel me

Granpa Joee*

LMAO.

hahahaha

nm
Joee 4:20 PM - 4 June, 2015
;-)
 6 5:18 PM - 4 June, 2015
Aren't you kinda young to be a "granpa" Joee*?
nm
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:46 PM - 4 June, 2015
Maybe if he would have been a better father....
southernplayalisticaddilacmuzik 5:55 PM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:

Oh damn. He went there.
Joee 6:04 PM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:

www.clipartpanda.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:12 PM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Oh damn. He went there.

Straight FACTS. 😊
Taipanic 6:34 PM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:

@Taipanic infocom, less than two weeks away, i'm going to need you to report back on the rcf evox 12…….lol

thank you sir

I'll be creating a new thread for my trip to Infocomm Orlando. I'll be there 2 days this year, one was not enough last time.
Joee 6:40 PM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

thank you sir

I'll be creating a new thread for my trip to Infocomm Orlando. I'll be there 2 days this year, one was not enough last time.

thank your sir…..can't wait to here about the evox 12
 6 2:14 AM - 5 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh damn. He went there.

Straight FACTS. 😊

oh snap! lol

nm
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:28 PM - 10 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

www.electrovoice.com

Boom..... www.djjohnnym.com
DJ Dynamight 8:15 PM - 10 June, 2015
Nice
DJ GaFFle 9:09 PM - 10 June, 2015
Quote:

ZXA5 covers in the works too?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:25 PM - 10 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

ZXA5 covers in the works too?

Not yet, gotta order and pay for those separately.
desmorider 3:56 PM - 14 June, 2015
Any updates Johnny? Have you used the setup at a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th gig?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:55 PM - 14 June, 2015
Quote:

Nope, no bigger gigs scheduled for a minute.

Most of my gigs already have speakers there, like last night.

Now just getting rid of old stuff, and testing out various scenarios with the new stuff...

Stay tuned.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 3:29 PM - 16 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Now just getting rid of old stuff, and testing out various scenarios with the new stuff...

Stay tuned.

Do you have an amp you would like to donate? LOL
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:31 PM - 16 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Stay tuned.

You need an amp?

I thought you were all powered now...
DJ Val-BKNY11203 5:21 PM - 16 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Stay tuned.

You need an amp?

I have my old passive 15" 3ways crossed as a subs at home.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:04 PM - 16 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Stay tuned.

You need an amp?

I have my old passive 15" 3ways crossed as a subs at home.

What model?

I was just politicking with this other cat TODAY who might want it...