DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Closing down the TTM 57SL area....

Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 3:57 AM - 5 May, 2009
We are planning on closing down the TTM 57SL area within the next week or so.

We've noticed that quite often posts in this area contain requests for tech support, and that, because they aren't in the help area, sometimes go unnoticed.

We've also noticed that there is a lot of really interesting discussion that goes on here that doesn't get seen by the general populous. So, we've decided to merge this area back into the DJ discussion area, and we want people with specific help questions to post in the help area.

This will allow us to track the requests for help, to make sure everything gets answered. Don't worry, this doesn't mean we have any sneaky plans for the 57, other than to keep making it better.

Thanks!

Nick
AKIEM 8:06 AM - 5 May, 2009
its too bad that area did not blossom

but I agree
treeo730 3:12 AM - 11 May, 2009
That sucks, even though this board was getting a little stale, I always felt as though this kind of helped in creating a community for the 57.
AKIEM 4:42 AM - 11 May, 2009
maybe its just a matter of bigger better firmware updates
for us to discuss
DJ Dub Cowboy 10:28 PM - 12 May, 2009
let's welcome the new EmpathSL area, got to make some room (let's hope)
treeo730 7:34 PM - 13 May, 2009
with rotary knobs, which can also used to control efx, oh a the three channel empath right?
DJ Dub Cowboy 9:38 PM - 13 May, 2009
YESSSSSS!!!

that would be incredible (and possible)

I'm ready as soon as it drops
panic_1 4:50 AM - 14 May, 2009
its to bad a lot of people who just bought a 57 came here to find out tricks and stuff like the flex fx echo trick :|i know i did
Dj.Mojo 7:56 AM - 17 May, 2009
Quote:
maybe its just a matter of bigger better firmware updates
for us to discuss

+1
nik39 8:21 AM - 18 May, 2009
Quote:
That sucks, even though this board was getting a little stale, I always felt as though this kind of helped in creating a community for the 57.

+1
+1
nuwave_afro 7:58 PM - 18 May, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

+1
+1

+1
Mr.Nice 3:38 AM - 28 May, 2009
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1
+1

+1

keep it.

This board made me by a 57.

+1
DJ.T.BOOGIE 3:42 AM - 28 May, 2009
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1
+1

+1

keep it.

This board made me by a 57.

+1

+1
Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 3:42 AM - 28 May, 2009
Ok, it seems like everyone is voting to keep it around for a while longer, so you guys win - we'll stick with it for a little while longer :)

One thing that you guys can do to help - if you see people posting help requests / stuff that shouldn't really be in here, let us know and we will move it to the right area.
Mr.Nice 6:53 AM - 28 May, 2009
deal!
boabmatic 11:00 AM - 28 May, 2009
I'm cool with that :)
Rane, Support
Shaun W 6:54 PM - 28 May, 2009
*moved to help*

;)
Dj.Mojo 8:39 AM - 29 May, 2009
Quote:
Ok, it seems like everyone is voting to keep it around for a while longer, so you guys win - we'll stick with it for a little while longer :)

One thing that you guys can do to help - if you see people posting help requests / stuff that shouldn't really be in here, let us know and we will move it to the right area.

You guys ROCK!
DJ Prinvale` 5:31 PM - 31 May, 2009
yay!!!

I <3 this section. It's the first one I visit when I get to the boards :)
treeo730 2:24 AM - 13 June, 2009
Yay

I got qouted!!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 9:13 PM - 14 June, 2009
**un stickied**
T-Pott Musa 4:36 AM - 22 June, 2009
I'm really glad you didn't pull this forum.

I'd like to vote that it stays around for good.

Merging this forum with the DJ Discussion forum would effectively bury all of the information about the TTM 57SL. I wish this area was a bit more lively, but at least when I post a question and don't get to check it in a couple days, my question at least got a bit of shelf life, and it may have taken another user 3 days to see my post and answer it, at least it happened!

Moving us to the DJ Discussion forum would end that completely. I don't mind at all that we're a more intimate group. Making a post with a specific question and throwing it out in a sea of 502709 messages (165219 new) would end all communication between us, and future users to come.

Give us the future-proof mixer you promised in the manual. Don't flush the toilet on our community because it doesn't have the flash and action you expect. That's called turning your back, no matter how you spin it.