DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DXR12 suck !!

Dj Kerupt 7:17 PM - 17 April, 2015
Did online to in store pickup. Tested them out at home and instantly took them back in 20 mins.

Elx112p sound wayyy better !! Just heard them
Dxr12s are too harsh sounding. The low end tries to hit too hard and isn't clear AT ALL

sales associate even agreed. I don't see how anyone would prefer dxr12 over k12s.
Joee 7:21 PM - 17 April, 2015
as stated in the other thread

"you can't be serious? you have to be the first person I've ever heard say that about the dxr series"

Quote:

i will admit i like the horn/highs on the ev better……the dxr12 is still a step above
Dj Kerupt 7:28 PM - 17 April, 2015
Quote:
as stated in the other thread

"you can't be serious? you have to be the first person I've ever heard say that about the dxr series"

Quote:

i will admit i like the horn/highs on the ev better……the dxr12 is still a step above

Which would you prefer with a kw181 sub then since you like the highs on the elx?
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:39 PM - 17 April, 2015
Quote:
D
Dxr12s are too harsh sounding. The low end tries to hit too hard and isn't clear AT ALL.

Which dosent matter once you put a good sub on it
BigWave DJ 10:41 PM - 17 April, 2015
Quote:
Did online to in store pickup. Tested them out at home and instantly took them back in 20 mins.

Dxr12s are too harsh sounding. The low end tries to hit too hard and isn't clear AT ALL

sales associate even agreed. I don't see how anyone would prefer dxr12 over k12s.

Wow, how many threads did you start? How many people gave you advice? I know what Sucks......lol
Joee 10:42 PM - 17 April, 2015
Quote:
I know what Sucks......lol

lol
dj_soo 8:23 AM - 18 April, 2015
I own both dxr's and k12s and prefer the sound of the yamahas by far but I have friends who like the qscs better.

Sound is a subjective thing often, but man - can't see how you could think the k12s sound better than the dxrs...
Niro 8:04 PM - 18 April, 2015
I think at low volumes, the QSC sounds better. But at high volumes the K series gets really harsh on the high end.
DJ GaFFle 11:41 PM - 19 April, 2015
Quote:
I think at low volumes, the QSC sounds better. But at high volumes the K series gets really harsh on the high end.

+1
DJ Remix Detroit 11:43 PM - 19 April, 2015
Quote:

yup
HighTopFade 5:43 AM - 20 April, 2015
I was pretty happy with the sound of the DXR12s immediately after I received them. They sounded better after hours of use. Maybe I'm trippin, but maybe there's a break in period for speakers.
Joee 11:04 AM - 20 April, 2015
Quote:
They sounded better after hours of use. Maybe I'm trippin, but maybe there's a break in period for speakers.

i felt the same way about my first rcf sub 705-as subwoofer