Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

gain in the waveforms!

DJ FANDOS 7:42 PM - 10 April, 2015
there are songs with shapes of very small waves, your little gain .
be a good idea , it acts zoom gain over the waves
arrahgawd 10:16 AM - 11 April, 2015
serato: don't even make it adjustable or selectable. just automatically zoom the amplitude of the waveform to zero db on the track and parallel displays. i can't imagine an instance where a dj is NOT going to want to have this.
maarawoe 6:38 PM - 11 April, 2015
+1
The size should be constant.....
zoomwire 6:49 PM - 11 April, 2015
1+
Cwite 7:57 PM - 11 April, 2015
+1
Jah Army 4:54 PM - 13 April, 2015
i use "mp3gain" to gain my tracks before importing them to serato.
because i don't want to play low quality mp3. but i agree. good idea!
Aegis 9:37 PM - 14 May, 2017
I also would love to see this.
mixgoonie 2:53 PM - 17 May, 2017
Even with the same gain on track, some mastering processes gives a overview in Serato as a small volume track.

please make serato it automatically adjust it, that is way better.
DJ Ravien 2:31 PM - 20 May, 2017
+10000000000

I literally only logged in here to post this exact request! I honestly do not understand why any one would prefer small waveforms. I tried using MP3Gain and set all the files to 100db figuring I would just let serato autogain fix the clipping. However for some reason a large percent of the files still sounded distorted and over compressed despite not clipping in SDJ.

Very annoying I had to opt for a lower DB which resulted in smaller waveforms, So I am stuck between nice looking waveforms and crappy audio or clean audio and stunted looking wave forms. Obviously the latter is the only real choice here.

Please add this at least as an option!
Djohn Smoke 7:12 PM - 21 May, 2017
totally agree
mixgoonie 7:57 AM - 22 May, 2017
Everyone should sent this request thought email to the support.

It seems it is the only way they notice the request, they don't take a look in the forums.
acemc 9:26 PM - 22 May, 2017
I'm not too sure if I understand what is wanted here.
Are you asking that serato show the waveform after it has done the auto gain to the track?
If so, I give a +1 to this because it reflects what is actually playing.
However if the request is for Serato to just magnify the waveform so that it's bigger.
Then I'm against that. I want to see the waveform exactly how the software see's it - after the auto-gain though.
mixgoonie 1:33 PM - 24 May, 2017
It depends on the mastering, some songs where the mastering is close to radio sound, you see a tiny waveform even if the song volume is high.

So for my the size of the waveform is not the real gain of the track...
Badger414 4:48 AM - 14 September, 2019
This 100% should be implemented. Some waveforms are really small, and thank god Serato uses Auto-Gain track-by-track to compensate for this sonically, but this gain change should really be reflected visually in the waveform! Would be so helpful
boogiebears 7:50 AM - 25 September, 2019
..i’ve found that the size of the waveform is determined by the tracks volume upon analyzing. if ran through something like mp3gain prior to analyzing this can give you a sort of balanced appearance across tracks.

tracks that are locked prior to analyzing will not receive new auto gain tags when analyzed with serato software..

+1
Badger414 6:09 AM - 1 April, 2020
Seconded, really wish Serato had this feature
vboyd666 6:58 PM - 1 April, 2020
Quote:
Are you asking that serato show the waveform after it has done the auto gain to the track?
However if the request is for Serato to just magnify the waveform so that it's bigger.
Then I'm against that. I want to see the waveform exactly how the software see's it - after the auto-gain though.

I think they are asking for a little bit of both. If they tie the resolution (zooming) of the wave form to the autogain setting the only thing affected is the wave form displayed. For example (in layman's terms): after Serato analyzes a song. It applies an autogain of a 20% increase in volume to the track. therefore Serato should draw the waveform with 20% more resolution (zoom).

+1 for me.
Badger414 7:47 PM - 1 April, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

I think they are asking for a little bit of both. If they tie the resolution (zooming) of the wave form to the autogain setting the only thing affected is the wave form displayed. For example (in layman's terms): after Serato analyzes a song. It applies an autogain of a 20% increase in volume to the track. therefore Serato should draw the waveform with 20% more resolution (zoom).

+1 for me.

Oh, after auto-gain forsure. That’s the thing: we want to see the waveform AS IT SOUNDS, so if auto gain is applied, the waveform should 100% reflect that. Kindof seems like a no-brainer...
White Dj Ukraine 11:39 PM - 5 April, 2020
Hello. A huge request to implement the cardiogram of the track (preview in the deck), as for example it is implemented in the recordbox or algorridim. please make the picture larger so that you can better see the pit, etc. thanks