Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
Yoga 4:22 AM - 14 April, 2015
let me try it
Mitch Grobler 6:58 AM - 14 April, 2015
I use a DDJ SX ? Will I need this ?
Mitch Grobler 6:59 AM - 14 April, 2015
Quote:

Never Mind the Video answered my question.

Thanks
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:50 AM - 14 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Never Mind the Video answered my question.

Thanks

:)
DJ Trentino 9:52 AM - 14 April, 2015
Can I buy one license and use it on both of my computers?
Dj Berti 12:17 AM - 15 April, 2015
If I Buy the Full SDJ Version in a Store in Europe (it's the usb Serato Stick with voucher Code). Do i have to purchase the SDJ Club Kit Seperat, or is it already activated in it?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 12:21 AM - 15 April, 2015
Yes you can. If you wish to use on multiple computers, you just need to de-activate in My Serato on one, then re-activate on another machine.

sam.
DJ Trentino 12:42 AM - 15 April, 2015
Download link does not work. Goes to a 404 page.
Dj Berti 12:52 AM - 15 April, 2015
ok, ibelive if got it.

1. I need to purchase SDJ Full version, then i can use the Club Kit with MIDI/HID control, in kombination with one of the Mixers

or if i want to use it with Timecode, i have to purchase SDJ full version + DVS expansion Kit.

So far so good.
Now the next, I own a SL2, so DVS in SDJ is with the SL2 registred (wich i had to do, before i could use it with SDJ), do i need the DVS expension Pack anyway to use Timecode if i hook up a mixer like a 850 or 900nxs (without the SL2 attached to it), or is with the SL2, wich is used to activate SDJ for it, not the DVS expansion Pack seperat Activatet????
RayNoya 1:38 AM - 15 April, 2015
i have pioneer xdj-rx can i use this kit
Serato, Support
Matt P 2:42 AM - 15 April, 2015
DJ Trentino,

Yep! you get 2 activations per license purchase.
Serato, Support
Matt P 2:52 AM - 15 April, 2015
Dj Berti,

Quote:
do i need the DVS expension Pack anyway to use Timecode if i hook up a mixer like a 850 or 900nxs (without the SL2 attached to it),

Yeah, you will need the DVS expansion pack as well as the Serato DJ license. DVS won't work with the 900nexus/850 without the Serato DJ license

Quote:
or is with the SL2, wich is used to activate SDJ for it, not the DVS expansion Pack seperat Activatet????

The SL2 doesn't require either license. its fully supported and works with Serato DJ as a plug and play device.

Matt P
Serato, Support
Matt P 2:53 AM - 15 April, 2015
RayNoya,

No, its not a supported controller.

A list is here - serato.com

Matt P
carlos74 7:22 PM - 15 April, 2015
Forgive me for sounding stupid, but having a full Pioneer Nexus setup (DJM900 & CDJ2000's, as well as 1210's using my scratch live box), can I know ditch the scratch live interface using the club kit ?
Austin Hubbard 3:53 AM - 16 April, 2015
I'm getting a 404 when i click the link.... any other way to get this free trial?
Serato, Support
Matt P 10:48 PM - 16 April, 2015
carlos74,

Yes, you are correct. You can use the DJM900nexus soundcard with the purchase of the Club Kit.

Matt P
Walston_Tempest 1:47 AM - 17 April, 2015
Just checking even though this might seem really obvious. I have a sixty one, so I already have a serato dj licence, correct?
carlos74 7:23 AM - 17 April, 2015
Superb Matt P !
deyone 10:43 PM - 18 April, 2015
how the hell do you try the trial?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:38 PM - 19 April, 2015
Quote:
Just checking even though this might seem really obvious. I have a sixty one, so I already have a serato dj licence, correct?

Hi Walston,

This is not correct. Your Sixty-One is a plug-and-play controller (Serato DJ Enabled). This means that it just works while connected to Serato DJ, it doesn't give you a software license to use other supported hardware. There's no licensing involved with this kind of hardware, it's just straight hardware that works with software out of the box.

To use any of the Club Kit supported mixers directly, you need to purchase the licence.

Sam.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:39 PM - 19 April, 2015
Quote:
how the hell do you try the trial?

Just start a Serato DJ trial in the software after you download the Serato DJ 1.7.4 update.

Sam.
deyone 12:57 AM - 20 April, 2015
I just went ahead and bought the Club Kit. There's no "setup input" option in the Audio tab. It's not connecting to my DJM-850 ,mixer and the decks aren't appearing in Serato. My DVS and Serato DJ are both activated

I'm stuck
Asu 10:13 PM - 20 April, 2015
Quote:
I just went ahead and bought the Club Kit. There's no "setup input" option in the Audio tab. It's not connecting to my DJM-850 ,mixer and the decks aren't appearing in Serato. My DVS and Serato DJ are both activated

I'm stuck

fire up serato 1.7.4,check usb cable,plug in cable,make sure drivers are installed for the mixer,reboot and you're good to go
deyone 1:17 AM - 21 April, 2015
Newest drivers are installed from Pioneer's site (and Serato isn't prompting me to do so), several USB cables have been used, rebooting and reinstalling has been tried, internal soundcard has been selected as default, Club Kit is activated...

I'm getting nothing.
deyone 1:26 AM - 21 April, 2015
Driver is up-to-date. There's a firmware update for the DJM-850 in Pioneer's site, too, but when I try to run it it says my mixer isn't connected... Which is weird because the Pioneer mixer utility pops up when I plug my mixer in.

Anyone know if this firmware update is causing my problem and if so how the heck do I run it if it insists my mixer isn't connected?
Serato, Support
Karl Y 8:37 AM - 21 April, 2015
deyone,

try this -> click -> support.serato.com
and if it doesn't help, get in touch with our support team, they can help you :-)

Cheers
Karl
deyone 12:47 AM - 22 April, 2015
Ohhhhh jesus.

Mixer driver/firmware and internal soundcard driver are both up to date. Internal soundcard playback/recording are set as default device. No other devices are connected.

Serato DJ/DVS are activated...

Computer has been rebooted and usb cord has been swapped numerous times...

Pioneer utility says mixer is connected...

These are all the things that are noted in the troubleshooting page. Tech support simply referred me to the troubleshooting check list as well.
Serato, Support
Karl Y 11:27 AM - 22 April, 2015
Hi deyone,

Pioneer utility only checks the USB device on a low level, but we need the MIDI device name to be correct too.
Due to a known issue with Mavericks and Yosemite, it can sometimes be set with a different name in your Operating System

Did you try this part too?

Quote:
Reset the MIDI connection
Try reseting the MIDI connection by following these steps. This might be needed if you have a class-compliant device and are connecting to OS X for the first time:

Disconnect your controller
Open Audio MIDI Setup > Window > Show MIDI Window
Highlight the controller Icon > Click 'Remove Device'
Reconnect the controller > Test Serato DJ software
deyone 5:08 PM - 22 April, 2015
Karl,

I'm using Windows 7. I don't see any midi control settings in windows
Serato, Support
Karl Y 5:14 PM - 22 April, 2015
Sorry
try this article then

support.serato.com

(Remove and re install the device from the device panel)

Quote:

Reinstalling USB device (controller) driver
Just to make sure your device drivers are being uninstalled and reinstalled correctly, follow this process:

• Click 'Start'
• Right Click 'Computer'
• Click 'Manage'
• Click on 'Device Manager'
• Click on 'Sound, Video & Game Controllers'
• Please make sure that your device appears here, right click on the device, and click 'Uninstall'
• If you see another version of your device affixed with 'MIDI' please also right click on this device, and click 'Uninstall'
• Unplug your device, and after 10 seconds, reconnect your device. Your computer should then attempt to reinstall the drivers, and once this has finished, the device will show up in 'Sound, Video & Game Controllers' again.

If that doesn't help please let get back in touch with our Support Team

Regards
Karl
deyone 12:18 AM - 23 April, 2015
Uninstalled both instances of my Pioneer mixer in audio devices, unplugged and replugged USB, device drivers reinstalled...

Nothing has changed.

I've done EVERYTHING Serato has asked me to do. There's still no decks on my screen and no option to configure them.

Support isn't replying to my help request so I'll just keep writing on here since I have no one else to help me.
Serato, Support
Karl Y 5:38 AM - 23 April, 2015
What's your support ticket number?
deyone 1:28 PM - 23 April, 2015
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:58 PM - 23 April, 2015
Hey deyone

Sorry to ask such a basic question, but I haven't seen it covered yet. Do you have MIDI turned on on your DJM-850 (top right hand corner above the screen)?

Aaron
deyone 11:33 PM - 24 April, 2015
Quote:
Hey deyone

Sorry to ask such a basic question, but I haven't seen it covered yet. Do you have MIDI turned on on your DJM-850 (top right hand corner above the screen)?

Aaron

I assumed it didn't need to be on but I've tried it both ways... Either way it doesn't work
deyone 12:04 AM - 25 April, 2015
I connected to my backup laptop and it works. Does this mean i have to reload windows on my primary laptop?
deyone 6:48 AM - 25 April, 2015
Spent my Friday night reloading Windows. Fresh install... Same results. In 2 days it will have been a week since I paid for your Club Kit with nothing to show for.

Losing patience.
deyone 7:49 AM - 25 April, 2015
My bad. New USB port on opposite side of laptop made it recognize my device.

However, turntable set Absolute or Relative doesn't play. If I grab record and speed it up or backspin it picks up when moving fast... Regular speed it doesn't play
KrisKul 4:02 PM - 25 April, 2015
Why does the Club Kit 14 Day Free trial link just go to S-DJ 1.7.5 page?

I tried clicking expansion packs inside "My Serato" and it the Club Kit isn't even an option. I want to purchase but I've already purchased Serato DJ and the only option in the Serato store is the combo pack with DJ/Club Kit.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 4:15 AM - 29 April, 2015
@ deyone

All good. Glad you got connected.

Your tracking issue sounds hardware related to me (Control Vinyl, needles, tone arm etc). What happens if you are playing in Internal Mode and then click REL or ABS? Does the sound just die, or does the tracking (red bar above the deck) fade slowly? A video might help here.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 4:21 AM - 29 April, 2015
@ KrisKul

If you already have Serato DJ, you just need to buy the DVS expansion pack to get going with a supported Club Kit mixer. You can buy it in My Serato or from store.serato.com.

Once you have both Serato DJ and the DVS Expansion Pack activated, then you are god to go.

Cheers, Aaron
deyone 4:54 AM - 29 April, 2015
@ Aaron E

I don't think hardware is an issue. If I unplug the usb from mixer and connect my SL1 box and run Scratch Live everything works perfectly.

So if it's playing in Serato DJ and I hit absolute/relative the song just stops playing like I pressed paused or stop while the control vinyl just spins. And as I said before if I grab the record and spin it fast it starts to play the song (at the same speed as the record is spinning) but once I start to slow it down it distorts and then completely stop once the record resume normal speed
Serato, Support
Aaron E 5:18 AM - 29 April, 2015
Quote:
If I unplug the usb from mixer and connect my SL1 box and run Scratch Live everything works perfectly.

Just to verify, this is in Relative or Absolute mode, not Internal? It sounds like one of the team is going to need to troubleshoot this with you offline man. I see you've got back to Bruce in your help ticket so I'll give him a bump to work with you in there first thing tomorrow (it's the end of the day for us now).

If you could post a video of it happening in the ticket that would be super helpful. Phone quality is fine as long as we can clearly see the screen and what you are doing with the turntables.

Cheers
deyone 1:29 PM - 29 April, 2015
@ Aaron E

Yeah absolute and relative mode are functioning 100% using my hardware with Scratch Live.

I'll post video today.

Thanks
Dj Peeno 9:46 AM - 7 June, 2015
Hello, are we saying that i don't need my sl3 hardware anymore if i own a allen & heath db2 and i have purchased the club kit? please confirm
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:13 PM - 7 June, 2015
Hey Peeno,

That's correct. If you have a Serato DJ license you can connect directly to your Xone:DB2 mixer and use Serato DJ. If you have the Club Kit bundle (Serato DJ + DVS Expansion) you can use this mixer with Control Vinyl or CDs.

Sam.
Dide Gemignani 7:21 AM - 30 June, 2015
DJM2000 not suport?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 7:27 AM - 30 June, 2015
Hey Dide,

No the DJM-2000 is not a supported Serato DJ mixer at this stage. There's no current plans to support this but we're always open to feedback.

Sam.
Dide Gemignani 7:54 AM - 30 June, 2015
Sam.
I am very disappointed in not being able to use my setup (CDJ2000s NXS + DJM2000) with serato. For quite like the software but do not want to buy an Rane interface. It would be much easier and modern I just buy the clubkit to use.
Dide Gemignani 7:56 AM - 30 June, 2015
Sam.
I am very disappointed in not being able to use my setup (CDJ2000s NXS + DJM2000) with serato. For quite like the software but do not want to buy an Rane interface. It would be much easier and modern I just buy the clubkit to use.

Quote:
Hey Dide,

No the DJM-2000 is not a supported Serato DJ mixer at this stage. There's no current plans to support this but we're always open to feedback.

Sam.
jaistar 9:56 PM - 1 July, 2015
Ok, this might be redundant, but there's a lot of comments so apologies in advance.

I currently have a Pioneer DDJ-SR controller, which I Serato DJ with - no problem. Am I correct to say I don't need to purchase anything?

I have an old school Rane TTM-57SL. I've been using the old Scratch Live platform. In order to use Serato DJ, do I purchase Serato DVS?

Is there any reason I should purchase the Club Kit? If so, why?

Thank you!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:02 AM - 2 July, 2015
Hey jaistar

You are correct that you don't need anything further for your Pioneer DDJ-SR, just plug it in and go with Serato DJ.

The original TTM-57SL won't work with Serato DJ however, license or no license, the technology inside it just can't be supported going forward.

The Club Kit license is currently for the Pioneer DJM-900NXS, DJM-850, the Allen & Heath DB2, DB4, and 43C. We will likely add support for more mixers under the Club Kit license, but the 57SL will never be supported in Serato DJ sorry.

The 57 MKII is awesome though, and is Serato DJ Enabled just like your DDJ-SR :)

Cheers
Dide Gemignani 4:12 AM - 2 July, 2015
Aaron E It is possible that a future update Club Kit is supported by the mixer DJM2000?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:07 PM - 2 July, 2015
It's definitely possible Dide. At this stage I can't comment on whether or when it might happen though.

Aaron
Dide Gemignani 1:50 AM - 3 July, 2015
Aaron, I'm looking forward for it. for exchange a DJM2000 mixer (no nexus) on the other mixer just because of serato it is absolutely unforgivable, if you can understand me.
I see many fellow professionals migrating to Traktor precisely because of this compatibility issue. I have purchased license SeratoDJ and other plugins, I would be very upset if I had to migrate to other software.
Thank you for your attention and hope to have good news soon from ClubKit for DJM2000.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:57 AM - 3 July, 2015
Thanks Dide, I'll pass on your feedback.
Dide Gemignani 2:21 AM - 3 July, 2015
Quote:
Thanks Dide, I'll pass on your feedback.

Aaron, thank you.
selecta solo time 1:37 PM - 7 July, 2015
bonjour sert t'il avec la ddj sx
delProfundo 4:24 AM - 23 July, 2015
Hey Guys,

Just wondering with using the Club kit; I have at home and use at gigs DJM900 Nexus (non-serato). Questions are these:
1) How are change overs handled?
2) If someone who is coming to play after me has an SL4 say and no club kit license can we share control during change over like we would if both of us are using a SL4?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:49 AM - 24 July, 2015
Hey delProfundo

Changeovers just using the 900NXS are a little awkward in that you only have one USB port to work with. This means you'll have to play something from another source while disconnecting one computer to allow for the next.

If someone is coming after you with another supported device like an SL4, you can both be playing from Serato DJ during the changeover, but instead of connecting both computers to the SL4, you would leave yours connected to the 900NXS and have his connected to the SL4 then swap the appropriate channel input RCAs to the SL4, while sending the appropriate output from the SL4 to the 900NXS.

It's a bit complex to write, but actually quite straight forward in that you just have to select which channel(s) to give to the SL4 while you are changing over. Once you have figured that you just have to go through it step by step.

Cheers, Aaron
THC_Electra 12:11 AM - 26 July, 2015
Hey, sorry for missing this if it is totally obvious...but if I buy Serato Club will I be able to plug in directly into a CDJ via the USB slot? I will still need Serato timecode CDs, correct (unless I plug into the CDJ that actually doesn't use CDs)?

I freaking hate Rekordbox and CDJ's but if this is a bridge for me to use CDJs without having a Serato box then this is great. Please let me know thanks
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:17 PM - 26 July, 2015
Hey there, you can't connect directly to a CDJ. It's only the DJM-900NXS, 850 and Allen and Heath Xone:DB2 / DB 4 and 43C.

Basically the Club Kit is a license bundle of a Serato DJ + DVS Expansion Pack license. If you have this it'll let you use any Serato DJ Upgrade Ready (and DVS Upgrade Ready) hardware which you can find here: serato.com

Sam.
Boelman 2:45 AM - 8 September, 2015
If I have the Pioneer DJM900SRT is there any need to buy the club kit? Sorry if someone already answered this.

Thanks,
Tim
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 3:17 AM - 8 September, 2015
No, that mixer is Serato DJ Enabled and requires no license. Anyone can connect to the DJM-900SRT and use Serato DJ :)

Sam.
Boelman 4:14 AM - 8 September, 2015
Thank you!!
DJ DanHO! 5:58 PM - 22 September, 2015
Quote:

However, turntable set Absolute or Relative doesn't play. If I grab record and speed it up or backspin it picks up when moving fast... Regular speed it doesn't play

Hey Guys, I seem to have the same play failure as deyone and I'm hoping you guys sorted that troubleshoot a few months back. After downloading the 14 day trial. With all updates successful on my Mac & 850 mixer It seems that nothing will play when I switch to Rel or Abl mode unless I spin the record fast. Plays ok in INT fine. I've switch the mixer hardware to USB as well as tried a number of settings on the page that allows you to change the Output and input settings to CH 1 Timecode Phono & CH 1 Timecode CD/Line with no success.

Looking forward to your reply. I hope deyone has sorted the troubleshoot by now.

Thanks
DJ DanHO! 7:09 PM - 22 September, 2015
Hey Guys,

So this is for a Turntable setup with the DJM 850 Mixer

So I seemed to have worked out what happened with the control problem after downloading the 14 day trial.

1. Once the SL3 box wasn't needed anymore I needed to disconnect the earth wire from the SL3 and connect it direct to the mixer for both turntables. (Ch1 & Ch4).

2. Also on the Mixer switching it to USB on CH1 with the turntables plugged direct into Phono inputs on CH1. Same goes for CH4.

3. Finally make sure the Initial mixer setup page that pops up on your computer allowing you to set your channel inputs should be CH1 Timecode/Phono & Same for CH4.

But that is for a basic setup.

PROBLEMS NOW WITH THE SERATO SOFTWARE

Hoping its just a setting I need to switch or a bug fix that will be sorted in the update.

1. I'm a video DJ and rely on the DJM 850 to be midi mapped for loads of functions. especially the cross over which allows you to cross fade the vids in sync with the audio.
I can't seem to MIDI Map anything anymore.

2. I also own 2 XDJ1000 and seem to have lost function to the pitch control. Can't slow or speed up track. Possible firmware update which I will check.

Please let me know if the DJM 850 will still be MDI Mappable?

Thanks
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:00 PM - 22 September, 2015
Hi DJ DanHO!

1. When being used as a Club Kit mixer the DJM-850 is not currently re-mappable, but this will be coming in an update very soon. Having said that, you should be able to simply link the video crossfader to the 850 by opening up the crossfader panel in Serato Video and clicking the 'Link' button.

2. Yes, possibly a firmware update might be the trick. If not, get in touch with the support team directly by opening a help request at support.serato.com so someone can troubleshoot with you directly.

Cheers,
Aaron
DJ DanHO! 5:44 PM - 24 September, 2015
Hey Aaron E,

Cool thanks for the reply,

So I clicked the link button in the Video Panel to then link the crossfader to the 850 Mixer.

But now this is the problem,

I can crossfade video & audio from channel 1 & 2 but the problem is, is that I'm using turntables so the only channel's I can plug into are channel's 1 & 4 because thats where the phono jacks are on the 850 Mixer. But the Serato Video won't allow you to crossfade video to CH4, only audio. So is there anyway around this. Or will this also be resolved in an update?

Just making sure everything works before I commit to spending any money on this setup.

Thanks

D
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:51 AM - 25 September, 2015
Ah yes, that is an issue.

When we first built our video product, you could only use a Rane interface or mixer which could have phono inputs on any channel so we made a decision (waaaaay back then) to have decks 1 and 2 as the pre-selected video decks.

For some mixers though, only two of the inputs can be phono so this inflexibility is now a problem for people who mix video with vinyl using channels 1 and 4, or any other phono input configuration that isn't 1 and 2.

So long story short, there is nothing that can be done about this right now, but we do have it planned to be fixed in a coming video update - probably by allowing the user to select which decks will run video.

Other than waiting for that, your only option would be to use a CDJ or line input turntable (like the RP6000 or RP8000) on channel 2, or get an external phono pre-amp to boost your table so it can go into a line channel... not really great solutions I know.

Cheers,
Aaron
DJ DanHO! 12:30 PM - 25 September, 2015
Thanks for replying so quick.

Thats too bad,

The Club Kit comes so close to perfection and helps with having less cables and USB's to be plugged in, but you get given one thing you then lose another. Oh well

Please let us know when the Video update will make it possible for the 4th Channel to be able for video capability. Then I'll purchase the DVS expansion pack

Till then its back to Scratch Live with the SL3.

Actually Aaron while I have you on here I've been talking with Bruce but communication has stopped. The reason I've gone back to using Scratch Live & stopped using Serato DJ is because after the update 1.7.6 and every update after that to 1.7.8 the INT/REL buttons disappear every time I plug the USB in for the 850 mixer. Weird. (Bruce has pics) So this is one of the reasons I tried the 14 day trial. So now I tried the same thing plugging in the USB for the mixer and perfect the INT/REL buttons don't vanish. But now I have the problem above. Definitely a glitch between the Mixer USB software and the latest versions of Serato DJ. Only happened after 1.7.6 All was good before then.

I have my fingers crossed every time there is a new Serato DJ software update to stop this from happening and then I can move on from the trusty Scratch Live.

Please let me know if there are any updates that will resolve the 2 troubleshoots above in the near future.

Thanks
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:32 PM - 27 September, 2015
Will do man.

Selecting the video decks is a priority for the next video release for sure - quite a few of our club kit people get in touch about this and we really need to make it available.

Sorry, I'm not sure I quite get the INT/REL issue when hotplugging. You say that you had it happen, then you didn't, but now you do again. Or is it that you have it happen with the SL3 and SDJ (but not with SSL), but you don't have it happen with the DJM-850 and SDJ (which you can't use because of the lack of video deck selection)?

Either way, we should be able to get this resolved one way or another. I'll hit up Bruce to see where you guys are at.

Aaron
DJ DanHO! 3:07 PM - 28 September, 2015
Cheers Bro,

Do you have an Idea on when the next Video update will be?

So to keep things simple I'll go step by step.

1. Power Laptop on with only the SL3 USB plugged in.

2. Then I click on Serato DJ & load. All appears as normal. (Including the Buttons to switch between INT/REL/ABS on the software are visable.

3. Next I plug the USB from the 850 Mixer into the laptop. Then thats when the problem occurs. The INT/REL/ABS buttons dissappear on the Serato DJ software. Which now means I can not switch from INT to REL because the functions have dissapeared. Bruce has the pics of this. Strange.

So I have resorted to going back to Scratch Live where this does not happen. This did not happen on Serato DJ till the recent updates.

Thanks

D
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:49 AM - 29 September, 2015
Ah I see.

Yes, this is currently a known issue with Serato DJ and connecting the DJM-850 together with a piece of Serato DJ Enabled hardware. It has been fixed for a coming release of SDJ.

For now you have two possible workarounds:

1. You can use Serato DJ 1.7.3 or lower (which you can get here: serato.com)

2. Use Serato DJ 1.7.8, connect the SL3, select your desired play mode, then connect the DJM-850 and play like normal (though you won't be able to change the play mode until disconnecting the 850 and restarting SDJ)

Obviously, the first option is a better user experience, but the second option allows you to use the latest version.

Like I say, we will have a fix available for this soon. Apologies for all the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Aaron
BriChi 1:42 PM - 3 October, 2015
Quick question, sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, couldn't find it. Asking for another friend

If one buys the DJM-850 and club kit is the club kit loaded into the mixer also? In other words if its a club where multiple DJ's come and go do they all need to purchased the club kit to use the 850 or is the club kit installed into the 850 so each DJ can use it as if there was just a SL4 there?
Serato, Support
Karl Y 7:52 PM - 3 October, 2015
It's a personal license
So everyone who wants to DJ on a djm850 needs it
fxct 3:29 PM - 6 May, 2016
Any timeline as to when the Rane MP2014 will be supported?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:57 PM - 8 May, 2016
Hey fxct

No timeline on the MP2014 yet I'm afraid. Nice one starting up a thread in the feature suggestions area asking for it. Maybe drop the link around a few places to drum up some support :)

MP2014 request for support thread - serato.com

Cheers, Aaron
lindsaymar 11:35 PM - 11 May, 2016
I just discovered I'll need to, not only buy a DVS Expansion but also a Serato DJ License.
Ouch. After buying a SL1 (back in 2005) to the SL3 today with a couple of controllers in between I'm surprised that I don't have a Serato DJ License.
I understand being on the hook for a DVS Expansion to use non-licensed gear but to be on the hook for $170 just to plug directly to the mixer. That butt-hurts a little.

I just bought the DJM 900nxs2 so it's not even an option (at the moment) but I hope that Serato brings down the price for their loyal users to compete with Rekordbox DJ.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:52 AM - 12 May, 2016
Yeah, I hear you lindsaymar and this does get discussed a fair amount as we would really like to do something in this regard for our long-time users.

The main issue though is that it's actually very tricky to create an authentication process for Serato DJ enabled hardware like the SL3. As the device itself unlocks the software, there is no independent record of 'licenses' for people owning the hardware. And it's therefore tricky to identify who would qualify for any kind of discount.

Aaron
lindsaymar 2:20 AM - 16 May, 2016
Hey Aaron,

Thanks for the response.
That does make sense.
Hopefully ya'll can figure something out.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 2:41 AM - 16 May, 2016
Cheers man, we'll keep working on it!
Dj K-Trix 7:14 PM - 24 July, 2016
Is this compatible yet with the DJM 900 NXS 2 ?
Tried to connect a few weeks ago but was not working in 1.9.1
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:43 PM - 24 July, 2016
Not yet Dj K-Trix, but this is something we're keen to do as soon as we can.

Cheers, Aaron
Karl W 12:57 AM - 11 September, 2016
2 months later and its still not compatible with the DJM 900 NXS 2 that every bar I work in has now upgraded to. Tell me Serato why did I bother to buy the ClubKit? It was ok last year for the clubs that had the djm900 moxer but now that everyones updating Im wondering if I can get a refund on the clubkit?
From what Ive read on the Pioneer forums from Pioneer reps they said its up to Serato to make it work
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:41 PM - 11 September, 2016
Hey Karl

We're as keen as anyone to get the NXS 2 range supported, but there is still a bit of work to be done from both sides. We're getting getting there though!

Cheers, Aaron
howard09 5:18 PM - 2 November, 2016
Does anyone have any suggestion on how to end the free trail so i can purcahase serato dj i have logged out and unistalled it and reinstalled it and keeps loading up with the free version any help would be greatly appericated my email address is [email removed] please help thank you for your cooperation
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:37 PM - 2 November, 2016
Hey Howard

If you want to buy or sub Serato DJ while you are on a trial, you just need to:

- Click on 'My Serato' in the bottom right corner
- Click the 'Buy/Activate' button

The My Serato window will now be open on the Serato DJ tab. From there you can choose to either buy or subscribe to Serato DJ.

Let me know if you have any trouble getting it done.

Cheers, Aaron
howard09 9:51 PM - 2 November, 2016
i got the $9.99 a month we did it under my fiance we set up an account under her name Barbara Smith her email is [email removed] well the 1.9.3 shows it is activated since we purchased the $9.99 serato dj but it freezes up so bad i have the 1.9.1 i unistalled the 1.9.3 and inistalled the 1.9.1 when i go to log her in it tells me that someone else is activated on this computer doesn't make since why does it work on the 1.9.3 and not the 1.9.1 this is my number if you can call me [number removed] thank you Aaron hope you can give me a call please thank you
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:16 PM - 2 November, 2016
Sure thing Howard, I'll get someone to help you out directly.

Aaron
howard09 11:27 PM - 2 November, 2016
downloaded the 1.9.2 it shows it is activated under my fiance but the free trial is still showing up saying i have 9 days left so hopefully this works thank you Aaron for everything spelled your name right this time lol lough out loud thank you so much
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:14 AM - 3 November, 2016
All good, Howard.

You shouldn't have any issue with 1.9.3, the latest version so I'd recommend installing that, but otherwise it sounds like everything is sorted. If you run into any other issues you can get straight to the support team by opening a help request at support.serato.com.

Enjoy!
howard09 12:21 AM - 3 November, 2016
I did download the 1.9.3 it freezes up and speaking of support .serato.Com I have sent three emails and heard nothing so I guess no phone call wow thought serato would be better than virtual dj sorry Aaron but I paid for your software and getting no phone call or nothing from support. Com please have someone call please that is all I am asking thank you
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:34 AM - 3 November, 2016
Ah I see. All good man, someone will be in touch soon to look at what's going on for you.

We had seen your emails, but let them go as I was already dealing with you out here, apologies for the confusion.

Cheers, Aaron
howard09 2:24 AM - 3 November, 2016
Hey Aaron they called and took really good care of me told Mitchell that i was going on virtual dj forums and talk crap about them and how Serato dj is the far most better software than virtual dj you rock Aaron have a wonderful evening my fiend
Serato, Support
Aaron E 3:28 AM - 3 November, 2016
Haha, cheers man.

Glad it's all sorted, you have a good one too :)
djnokturnal 6:35 PM - 20 July, 2017
Is this a true full version trial? I am not going to get "serato trial version" samples or it won't die after an hour if I use this live am I?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:19 PM - 20 July, 2017
Hey djnokturnal

The trial is absolutely the full version (with all expansion packs) for 14 days. Everything is available to you through this time.

Cheers
EDMZEN 6:27 PM - 7 July, 2018
Any updates on additional mixers being added to the Serato Club Kit, such as the DJM-750MK2?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:12 AM - 10 July, 2018
Hi EDMZEN

No announcements about adding any mixers at this stage, I'm afraid. We are always interested in hearing about what mixers people are using and would like support for though, so I'll be sure to pass on your feedback.

Cheers, Aaron
Yakir Bitton 5:07 PM - 11 September, 2018
Hi.
I want to end the free trial now , how can I do it?
I have 10 days more.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:29 PM - 11 September, 2018
Hi Yakir

Can I ask why you want to end the trial now? The only effect from continuing until its conclusion is that you have more functionality available to you.

Aaron
Yakir Bitton 12:21 PM - 12 September, 2018
Hi Aaron.

I think that is effects bad on my Serato program.
During a gig , the Serato just freezed for 4 times in a raw.
and I had to do 4 restarts to my Mac
Lucky for me , I had another Dj with me.

and now i have changed the version back to 2.0.
and I think that it still will make a problem.

I have noticed when I plug the USB cable , the Serato Changed to 2 decks mode and then back to regular mode (like when you start the Serato with no device connect)

Im working with pioneer sx2
Serato, Support
Aaron E 2:19 AM - 13 September, 2018
Ah okay - none of the features made available in the trial should be causing these issues, but to remove the possibility I have ended your trial on the back end.

If you still experience any of these issues, the support team would love to help out. Simply open a help request by clicking through the green button to the right of the comment box or head over to support.serato.com
Yakir Bitton 10:42 AM - 13 September, 2018
Thank you Aaron , I appreciate that.
Yakir Bitton 11:06 AM - 13 September, 2018
Quote:
Ah okay - none of the features made available in the trial should be causing these issues, but to remove the possibility I have ended your trial on the back end.

If you still experience any of these issues, the support team would love to help out. Simply open a help request by clicking through the green button to the right of the comment box or head over to support.serato.com

Hi Aaron.
its still show me that I have 8 days left to the trial.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:59 PM - 16 September, 2018
Hi Yakir

Ah okay - I can see you've opened a ticket with Bruce so it would be best to keep working with him in there to get this resolved. He's working on Berlin time so I'll drop him a note to pick this up with you when he comes online.

Cheers, Aaron