Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Apple Releases OS X 10.10.3

Deejay Rich 1:32 AM - 9 April, 2015
Has anyone updated there OS X to 10.10.3 it just came out and wondering if it's working with the latest Serato DJ Public Beta.

LMK Thanks!
pdidy 6:18 AM - 9 April, 2015
Professionals don't rush to update.......

we let the amateurs play lab rat and when the smoke clears and all the amateurs have fallen on their swords for us.........

then just maybe we will consider even testing it :)
boabmatic 8:34 AM - 9 April, 2015
Looks ok so far on both 1.7.2 and the latest 1.7.4 beta.

Done a time machine back up before the update so I could revert back if need be.
DJ Remix Detroit 11:05 AM - 9 April, 2015
Quote:
Professionals don't rush to update.......

we let the amateurs play lab rat and when the smoke clears and all the amateurs have fallen on their swords for us.........

then just maybe we will consider even testing it :)

dude, no way. not in this day in age: where companies take their time to release completely stable updates to their well paying, loyal customers.

there's just no way these companies are releasing something that doesn't work, and expect us to be the guinea pigs by having us loyal customers spend hours upon hours doing their homework for them, while at the same time, not getting paid for it.

no way dude.... updating to the latest and greatest is completely safe!
boabmatic 12:35 PM - 9 April, 2015
I sense a little sarcasm in that post but the public betas that apple have been doing seams to be helping with the stability of the releases too I think.
BleedR 3:36 PM - 9 April, 2015
Well, Yosemite is stable after the update, is it Serato DJ is the question ;)
Deejay Rich 5:51 AM - 10 April, 2015
Quote:
Well, Yosemite is stable after the update, is it Serato DJ is the question ;)

Just Wondering if the latest Serato DJ beta is stable cause Im thinking of updating to the new OS X firmware
DJ Fluke 613 2:30 PM - 10 April, 2015
I don't get why you all ask??? Does it say Serato supports 10.10.3 ??? No where on the freaking website it says it.

Until then stop asking how it works as it may work diff for each of us.

So until they say yes its supported , don't update or update and beat yourself if it doesn't work.

Its crazy the non sense threads.
Frozone 5:00 PM - 10 April, 2015
Quote:
I don't get why you all ask??? Does it say Serato supports 10.10.3 ??? No where on the freaking website it says it.

Until then stop asking how it works as it may work diff for each of us.

So until they say yes its supported , don't update or update and beat yourself if it doesn't work.

Its crazy the non sense threads.

LOL +1
DJ Stormin' Norman 7:57 PM - 10 April, 2015
I have read a lot of threads. You wonder if you should wait for Serato to support the 10.10.3. Apple have been testing the 10.10.3 beta for a few months. They wouldn't release it if it wasn't ready. The question we should be asking, is Serato testing the 10.10.3 out now before they release the 1.7.4. What good would it do for us if the 1.7.4 is released under the 10.10.2.

Apple flashes the update because it also updated the sercurity of the system as well. Maybe i'am wrong, but it would make a lot of sense for Serato to let us know for sure since they are still in Beta Mode.
DJ Fluke 613 8:11 PM - 10 April, 2015
So if ms release windows 7 sp2 during the beta phase serato should jump on it ??

You fucking kidding me man ? Do you really think if you stick to 10.10.2 you will get a virus ? Your system will stop working?

Let me see

Opt 1 : use what I have and I know it will work and in the event that it fails I can report to serato as I am using SUPPORTED combination

Or

Op2 : because I am eager to update for no fucking reason I should take a chance and potentially loose on money and tell my client I needed to update to the latest and greatest just cause.

Come on man you have a job. Do it with what you know works. Do you think serato don't know that 10.10.3 is out ? Are they just going to stop developing ? Or eventually if not in this beta it will be in a future release ? Do you know how much re testing they need to do to approve 10.10.3 at the stage they are at (beta 4)?
Frozone 8:26 PM - 10 April, 2015
That esculated quickly...
Ariel M 10:23 PM - 10 April, 2015
Quote:
So if ms release windows 7 sp2 during the beta phase serato should jump on it ??

You fucking kidding me man ? Do you really think if you stick to 10.10.2 you will get a virus ? Your system will stop working?

Let me see

Opt 1 : use what I have and I know it will work and in the event that it fails I can report to serato as I am using SUPPORTED combination

Or

Op2 : because I am eager to update for no fucking reason I should take a chance and potentially loose on money and tell my client I needed to update to the latest and greatest just cause.

Come on man you have a job. Do it with what you know works. Do you think serato don't know that 10.10.3 is out ? Are they just going to stop developing ? Or eventually if not in this beta it will be in a future release ? Do you know how much re testing they need to do to approve 10.10.3 at the stage they are at (beta 4)?

^^^This^^^

Some poeple think that coding a program is done in a snap!
pdidy 11:23 PM - 10 April, 2015
Quote:
I have read a lot of threads. You wonder if you should wait for Serato to support the 10.10.3. Apple have been testing the 10.10.3 beta for a few months. They wouldn't release it if it wasn't ready.

What ?......I cant believe he just said that....lol
DJ Stormin' Norman 12:10 AM - 11 April, 2015
Look guys its no big deal. It was just a statement. I was wondering would Serato support 10.10.3 by the new release on 1.7.4 that all. I didn't mean to piss nobody off. have a good day
MassAppeal 2:58 PM - 11 April, 2015
Unless 10.10.3 fixes an issue for you your having outside of Serato DJ; why can't you just wait until its officially supported? Why jump the shark?
Dj TonyDOpe 11:37 AM - 26 April, 2015
Hey guys. I guess it doesnt support 10.10.3 yet. Just bought a new macbook pro with yosemite 10.10.3 installed and my ddj sx isnt connecting with serato. So in my opinion, dont try it yet
Frozone 12:51 PM - 26 April, 2015
Works perfectly for me with my SZ and Rane 62.
Tommy Deem 4:45 PM - 26 April, 2015
works perfectly with akai amx and numark ns7 mk2
popnwave 8:44 PM - 26 April, 2015
10.10.3 works fine for me with my SX.
Dj TonyDOpe 11:01 PM - 26 April, 2015
Quote:

Popnwave i really need your help here. My ddj sx worked.perfectly on my windows laptop for over a year.. But when i try to connect it with my macbook (mid 12) with the mac os x yosemite 10.10.3 it says that the usb device is draining too much power and i have to take it off... Do u know whats going on?
Cheers, Tony
pdidy 12:13 AM - 27 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Popnwave i really need your help here. My ddj sx worked.perfectly on my windows laptop for over a year.. But when i try to connect it with my macbook (mid 12) with the mac os x yosemite 10.10.3 it says that the usb device is draining too much power and i have to take it off... Do u know whats going on?
Cheers, Tony

have you tried the obvious fixes:
remove ALL (not some, but all) other usb devices with only sx connected
replaced usb cord
use different usb port
delete, reinstalled sdj
updated sx firmware
test sx on different mac
test your mac on different sx (in store)
pdidy 12:26 AM - 27 April, 2015
continued:
restart computer
apple hardware test Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj TonyDOpe 8:24 AM - 27 April, 2015
I have done everything, except of testing another mac on my sx and another sx on my mac. But as i said my sx works perfectly on my windows laptop..im gonna check the hardware test now
BleedR 11:19 AM - 27 April, 2015
Btw, this actually mens that you SHOULD use 10.10.3 or did I misunderstand the statement?

support.serato.com
WarpNote 3:29 PM - 27 April, 2015
Im running SDJ 1.7.4 with OSX 10.10.3 and no issues. Ran with:
Rane 64
Rane SL4
Akai AMX
Pioneer DJM900SRT
Pioneer DJM900NXS (club kit)
Pioneer DDJ-SX

Also used: akai afx, denon hc10000s & pioneer ddj-sp1
WarpNote 3:31 PM - 27 April, 2015
Yeah, and cdj2000 and cdj2000nxs in HID.
Dj TonyDOpe 3:44 PM - 27 April, 2015
Well, from the hardware test it says that everything is fine... That sh*t drives me crazy...
Dj TonyDOpe 3:47 PM - 27 April, 2015
Still usb power problems... Btw my usb ports run perfectly with other usb devices... If i downgrade to mac os x macericks will it run properly, or u think thats not the problem?
WarpNote 3:48 PM - 27 April, 2015
If you havent already, Id log a support ticket. I did actually have initial issues, different from yours though. I was upgrading from Mavericks, and a clean Yosemite install solved everything for me.
Dj TonyDOpe 3:50 PM - 27 April, 2015
My doubts are that my mbp is new... I bought it like 3 days ago and mavericks are not available on appstore...
BleedR 3:52 PM - 27 April, 2015
Mid 2012 And 3 days old???
WarpNote 3:56 PM - 27 April, 2015
I'd log support asap, either there is an issue with the mac or the sx IMO.
Make sure the sx has the latest firmware.
Dj TonyDOpe 3:56 PM - 27 April, 2015
Yep... In greece they're still selling them on stores and i found it on a good price.
BleedR 3:56 PM - 27 April, 2015
Dj TonyDOpe 3:59 PM - 27 April, 2015
Quote:
I'd log support asap, either there is an issue with the mac or the sx IMO.
Make sure the sx has the latest firmware.

I've installed the latest firmware to my sx, via my windows laptop. Mbp doesnt even recognize it as a device (as i said "power problems") so as i could install it from there..
WarpNote 4:01 PM - 27 April, 2015
Woah, hope you got a REALLY good deal. You basically just bought a 3 year old "used" computer.
BleedR 4:04 PM - 27 April, 2015
Read this...
Do a SMC reset...

discussions.apple.com
Dj TonyDOpe 4:25 PM - 27 April, 2015
Quote:
Woah, hope you got a REALLY good deal. You basically just bought a 3 year old "used" computer.

i know,but thats not the real problem right now :)
Quote:
Read this...
Do a SMC reset...

discussions.apple.com

i'm reading right now. i'll do whatever it says and i'll tell u the news.
Dj TonyDOpe 4:46 PM - 27 April, 2015
Quote:
Read this...
Do a SMC reset...

discussions.apple.com

I've done a SMC reset...still the same problem..!
Any other ideas?
Dj TonyDOpe 5:13 PM - 27 April, 2015
Just tried with 2 other usb cables,nothing happened again...
Supagee 6:36 PM - 27 April, 2015
Out of curiosity are you using an external power source for your SX when plugging into the MBP?
Dj TonyDOpe 6:45 PM - 27 April, 2015
Quote:
Out of curiosity are you using an external power source for your SX when plugging into the MBP?
yes of course, im using its original power source cable..
pdidy 6:51 PM - 27 April, 2015
Quote:

test sx on different mac
Supagee 6:56 PM - 27 April, 2015
Have you made sure the drivers on your mbp are up to date for the SX?
Dj TonyDOpe 8:31 PM - 27 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
test sx on different mac

cant do anything of these two things.. i started the summer session and i'm on an island... the only possibility is to find another dj with mac...
DJRYANGUY 12:28 PM - 20 June, 2015
Since I updated to Yosemite my Mac will not read my DDJ SX it worked fine with mavericks but Since I updated to Yosemite I haven't been able to get it to my Mac to read my DDJ SX at all, My windows read it so I know its not the SX. Anybody know why this could be?
BleedR 5:09 PM - 20 June, 2015
Try removing it from the MIDI devices in the system config
Tommy Deem 10:14 PM - 20 June, 2015
Right answer from BleedR
DJRYANGUY 5:49 PM - 21 June, 2015
Try'd it nothing happend
Tommy Deem 5:51 PM - 21 June, 2015
When u connect it, after removing it from midi studio, does sx appear again in midi studio??
DJRYANGUY 5:52 PM - 21 June, 2015
Like my Mac doesn't even recognize it or anything and i've reinstalled Yosemite twice... I have the latest version of Serato... UGH so anyoing lol
Tommy Deem 5:58 PM - 21 June, 2015
Could u answer my question, that way we can get this going.
DJRYANGUY 6:03 PM - 21 June, 2015
No it never reappears.
DJRYANGUY 6:15 PM - 21 June, 2015
Quote:
Could u answer my question, that way we can get this going.

i answered
DJRYANGUY 6:33 PM - 21 June, 2015
Also when i plug it into my computer the deck 4 fx 2 button flashes
Tommy Deem 1:50 AM - 22 June, 2015
Try different usb cable for starter. Then check ur usb ports activity that is there any life when u plug in the controller. Update sx firmware also if there is new version avaible :)
DJRYANGUY 2:54 AM - 22 June, 2015
I've tried 4 different cables and i cant update because it says my sx i not connected
popnwave 12:38 PM - 22 June, 2015
Quote:
I've tried 4 different cables and i cant update because it says my sx i not connected

FYI I've had to use my desktop PC to do firmware updates in the past because of the same issue. Everything else about my DDJ-SX+MacBook Pro works great, it just won't see it when I try to do the firmware, go figure.
Tommy Deem 3:48 PM - 22 June, 2015
mac says it's not connected? u know u have to put ur sx to update mode so u can update firmware.
DJRYANGUY 4:09 PM - 22 June, 2015
I know that. I've tried literally everything
Tommy Deem 4:30 PM - 22 June, 2015
then without seeing this i cannot help anymore. sorry.
DJRYANGUY 5:10 PM - 22 June, 2015
Quote:
then without seeing this i cannot help anymore. sorry.

i gave up and sent it to pioneer