DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

The Bridge for Serato DJ

Chris Fusco 5:11 PM - 2 April, 2015
Has Anyone found a way to link the bridge and serato DJ together

I have a pionner DDJ-SB and an abelton push controller

please write back
Code:E 12:27 AM - 3 April, 2015
Not really.... not with your controller at least. The only thing you can do is sync ableton to MIDI clock. If you had a DJM mixer, it could read the BPM of the tracks you're playing then create a MIDI clock from then and you could route it into Ableton.... It would work, but it also would suck.
Chris Fusco 1:45 PM - 3 April, 2015
ugh thanks anyway man i guess ill have to wait
cotdagoo 10:14 PM - 6 April, 2015
www.ableton.com

9.2b2 Release notes:
Improvements and feature changes:

The Serato bridge is now compatible with Live 9.2

I'm guessing it means Serato Scratch Live 2.5 and not Serato DJ though.
Code:E 5:59 AM - 7 April, 2015
Yes, that is for the bridge with SSL. Many DJ's still use mixtape, so they just make sure it's still working.
Mangrove 7:24 PM - 8 July, 2015
Bah, to bad there still isn't a decent way to sync ableton with a DDJ controller!
sinfidelity 3:40 PM - 2 February, 2016
Hi.. I haven't yet purchased Serato but have been using ableton for a few years now.
I'm keen on Serato suite kit, but according to what I'm reading here, bridge isn't compatible with Serato DJ, only scratch live? Is this correct?

So I'd have to purchase scratch live and a dvs box? Damn that sux.
Code:E 9:15 PM - 2 February, 2016
Quote:
bridge isn't compatible with Serato DJ, only scratch live? Is this correct?

Yes.

Quote:
So I'd have to purchase scratch live and a dvs box? Damn that sux.

And use an older version of Ableton.

Well 9 Does works, but not great. Also SSL is a an outdated software not supported on modern OS's. If you are a mac user you can't be on any OS higher the 10.9.5 (it might even be 10.8).

Take it from someone who used the bridge alot when it came out, dont worry about it. Just run SDJ and manually match Ableton to Serato.