Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

ID Tags with in Serato DJ

DJ genuwine 1:38 AM - 31 March, 2015
I have been searching forums and online trying to find an answer to a simple question for I am sure many DJs' have dealt with it.

I neglected my library for quite a long time and decided to get it organized. I used to use DVDs on DVJs so when I converted everything over with hand break I had boat loads of songs with no genres, artists in the wrong place, numbers etc...

So I moved all my Videos off of my mac and into my PC. I started going through changing everything while in Serato. Mostly the Song name and Artist into the right categories. I have since finished this long process and I already know I can just transfer everything back to the mac by copying the Serato Data files and music files..

So my now that I have finished I would love to run it through iTunes or Media Monkey (I own both) to get genres and media art. I would also be able to use some of Doug's scripts to retag by my system. But before I did this iTunes and media monkey did not recognize these songs.

So after that long explanation here is my question;

Does what I have done in Serato read in any of the above programs? Or when I load it into these programs it will still read the same as when I started because I did not rewrite the actual tag?
Wizzy 5:32 AM - 31 March, 2015
Im not sure about this one but I do know to always use tagging before you put it in serato as serato only holds the information associated with the track not how the track is tagged for example you can change the track in serato and only serato will read it as such when you play it in iTunes or take it to another dvs that dvs will only use the information it was originally tagged with regardless is you tagged it in serato
Good luck
Thank you