DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

I just gotta speak my mind and get out this negativity building inside me

dj rundown 8:21 AM - 24 March, 2015
Seriously - these new dj advancements are supposed to progress the art of djing.There were 1000s of djs that existed b4 the 1200s and 2 channel mixers came out .. Granted they did little to no mixing , played plastic records , 8 minute songs to the end - flipped record - repeat .. These guys smashed out dance floors big time for a long time..but we needed something better.. Enter 1200s and 2 channel mixers ... Once dis got their hands on these game changers they took the art to places that we never thought humans would or even could go....Then a new need popped up ... These records are to hard to travel with and are very user unfriendly.. They scratch, warp , loose sound quality ,were heavy , big ,and got to be really expensive .. but the 1200 was still that epic tool that never let you down .. So we went digital music and created a way to use the same 1200 u always had ..Music never stopped growing... so we then had a overflow of amazing music and a worldwide underground music scene that could not be stopped ... Boom ... Everything was perfect..i still have my 1st scratch live SL1 box that i have used for over 1000 gigs during the past 8 years..I never had even one problem with the thing still to this day.. WHAT THE FUCK HAPPEND????? All these new jack , blinky light memorized , no skill or general info having tool bags ruined shit.. If u can't get 1200 for you gig serato made it so you computer keyboard was now a FULLY FUNCTIONAL , FLAWLESS device that could very easily access every aspect of the program scratch live ... U had to just read the 30 page info book and dork out a bit to re wrap ur brain around doing..it was great to learn to do something you had been teaching yourself for decades on a completely different system , but still have the same raw outcome that you were hands on making happen live all along ... We didn't need anything else..these lazy , raisin brain wanna be djs flooded the whole thing and were to self entitled and "cool" to learn anything about anything really..So companys treated these new (i can't even call them djs) pumped up off too much epic bassline posers like baby..They made these giant stupid controllers with huge blinking buttons so these morons would go buy these pieces of shit for hundreds of dollars - cus- well - stupid people will buy anything thats big and blinky.. Then they go show off to their other raisin brain poser friends who in turn go buy a bigger blinky piece of shit .. Then 100s of piece of shit dj programs came out to keep up with the market that was booming out of control..- cus - well - for some reason stupid people have a lot of money to buy shit they don't even know how to use ..There is nothing that any giant stupid controller can do that i can't do faster smother and with 0% bug issues using my macbook key board..I don't give a shit what anyone says.. play . pitch , bend , cue points , sampler & all the FX is all your controller can do..I know this cus thats ALL THE PROGRAM DOES .. And here we are now..I always buy new dj shit when it comes out unless it has a sync button..Well - Cus - if u use a sync button for any reason AT ALL you a tool and should never consider yourself a dj well - cus your not .. U took out the only thing that demands respect due to its difficulty. Thats like paying someone to build you a house . then telling everyone you build houses or buying a plane ticket and telling people your a pilot .. Serato dj comes out and they tell me if i want to be able to move forward with rane/serato i must buy serato dj because they will no longer be focused on scratch live and the box to turntable setup. So i try all the top controllers and the Numark Ns7 was the best for me and my style of djing..Its actually the coolest dj anything I've ever owned straight up WHEN IT WORKS CORRECTLY ... Within a month it had bugged out at 3 different gigs and had bugged out countless times at home practicing.. So i looked up problems on all the other top companies controllers and thy are all a fkn mess.. So now i have 1600$ worth of dj equipment that i can't trust using live..They are slowly de bugging these things but back to my original point..We don't need any of this bullshit .. . Lets go back to focusing on scratch live so we can use turntables , cdjs , computer keyboard , or any controller they make . There is no point to serato dj at all..Its a stupid ploy to make more money possible for all these companies making shit devices.. And if u can't do that then throw a bone to all the real dis that trusted scratch live and your company by continuing to make scratch live so we can continue to use the one thing that never let us down -Technics 1200 turntables ..If you don't then all you did was lead us away from a perfect thing and then ditched us in a bubble of wackiness with no way out .. Oh no Traktor is making money so we should do what they are doing.. Great business plan . Cus thats what u are now .. A sell out company that caters to money .. Which makes you another company that is over exploiting a beautiful thing and assisting the wackness...Stop selling shit that sucks , Stop working with shit companys that don't give a fuck about us , stop catering to the people that did nothing for the movement that made your company possible.. We made your company possible . The djs , rock bands , hip hop artist , breakdancers , graffiti artists , people that dedicated their lives to not follow the weak , people that lived for something great , something powerful , something better then the bible ........SOMETHING REAL........ There might not be as much money in SOMETHING REAL but whats money in a world that sucks ass full of people that compromised happiness being controlled by lies & people with no souls ..
eugguy 9:27 AM - 24 March, 2015
The above statement is an example of why to stay in school kids. Education is key to a successful and happy life.
blackavenger 11:11 AM - 24 March, 2015
Quote:
The above statement is an example of why to stay in school kids

This :D
DJ Val-BKNY11203 11:59 AM - 24 March, 2015
Man look. assets.diylol.com
DJ Remix Detroit 12:10 PM - 24 March, 2015
Quote:

lmao!
 6 1:15 PM - 24 March, 2015
While I agree with some of the stuff, I just can't agree with ScratchLive being better than Serato DJ. From my own personal experience, ScratchLive crashed on me plenty of times while Serato DJ hasn't. Granted, it was one of the 1.9 versions but it crash horribly. Of course, I can't predict the future so I don't know of Serato DJ won't crash on me in future versions.

What really bothers me it's the difference in updates on both versions. For instance, in a new version came up for scratchlive, it was because a new feature was added. I can't stand when there is a new version of whatever software and it's only out because it's supporting another piece of controller hardware and that's it.

nm
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:49 PM - 24 March, 2015
Quote:

This.....
DJ GaFFle 2:24 PM - 24 March, 2015
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:42 PM - 24 March, 2015

LOL!!!!
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:47 PM - 24 March, 2015
Ummm... assets.diylol.com

I did try and read it tho,,,

Some of it makes some sense...
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:08 PM - 24 March, 2015
Quote:
They made these giant stupid controllers with huge blinking buttons so these morons would go buy these pieces of shit for hundreds of dollars - cus- well - stupid people will buy anything thats big and blinky.. Then they go show off to their other raisin brain poser friends who in turn go buy a bigger blinky piece of shit .

I always buy new dj shit when it comes out unless it has a sync button...

So i try all the top controllers and the Numark Ns7 was the best for me and my style of djing..Its actually the coolest dj anything I've ever owned straight up WHEN IT WORKS CORRECTLY ...

Anyone else notice this ......

also
Quote:

Well - Cus - if u use a sync button for any reason AT ALL you a tool and should never consider yourself a dj well - cus your not .. U took out the only thing that demands respect due to its difficulty

Ive seen Craze use sync......are you saying he is not a Dj?
Gio Alex 4:00 PM - 24 March, 2015
I read the first sentence and gave up. Have you ever heard of paragraphs bro? You gave us the WHOLE "rundown."
CMOS 4:44 PM - 24 March, 2015
Ill take an Enter Key for $800 Alex.
 6 7:32 PM - 24 March, 2015
Funniest thing about Craze using the sync button is when it fucked up on him hahaha

nm
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:33 PM - 24 March, 2015
Quote:
Funniest thing about Craze using the sync button is when it fucked up on him hahaha

nm

That's the only reason I remember that tidbit lol
Jiglo 7:38 PM - 24 March, 2015
I tried to read it, but started skipping through some of it.

A lot of my heroes now are rocking vinyl again. Format, Mr Thing etc probably never stopped but are mixing and scratching on 7's for hours on end. I've been getting 1 on 1 scratch lessons off a former 2x world champ turntablist who's teaching me some advanced scratch techniques with old fashioned battle weapons, including 7's. As a result, i've started buying vinyl again and got some 7'' mats. I've always respected vinyl DJ's more, but seeing 7's and 12's getting played out a lot here in the UK has got me heading back to my roots more and wanting to play more vinyl out, with Serato filling in the gaps.

No point me worrying about what anyone else is doing as i'm in it for my own enjoyment. There's still funk, soul, hip hop clubs here where everyone plays vinyl, including our night. So it's all good!
eugguy 8:34 PM - 24 March, 2015
maybe....dj rundown = grandmaster jay
Dj Shamann 8:46 PM - 24 March, 2015
dj rundown 11:34 PM - 24 March, 2015
So funny..I go on a massive rant about djing and get slack about run on sentences. Nerd alert.... Who the hell cares .. i was ranting...typing as fast as i was thinking ...not giving a damn about grammar.. If you don't care about what I'm talking about then don't read it.. long paragraphs !!!!! What a joke ...

And Dj-M.Bezzle
U missed the point.. serato does not sell anything without a sync button now..The point of what I'm saying is i want an option without sync buttons.. Im not going to quit djing just because it has a sync button .. So i HAD to buy serato dj and i HAD to buy the controller because i want to move forward with dj technology .. I DO NOT USE THE SYNC option.

What a stupid ass point "Dj craze uses sync.. So your saying he's not a dj"

If u think dj craze (nice name drop nerd) has anything to do with what I'm saying ur a pod... He can do whatever the fuck he wants .. He is better then anyone on earth without the sync button.. Its the people that can't match beats & use the sync button that are destroying the art.. If you don't understand that then you ARE a sync button turned up all the way with blinking lights in the shape of a dj first pumping with no headphones ..
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:46 AM - 25 March, 2015
Quote:

And Dj-M.Bezzle
U missed the point.. serato does not sell anything without a sync button now..The point of what I'm saying is i want an option without sync buttons.. Im not going to quit djing just because it has a sync button .. So i HAD to buy serato dj and i HAD to buy the controller because i want to move forward with dj technology .. I DO NOT USE THE SYNC option.

Did your turntables stop working? Did that SL1 stop working? Did serato gather up every sl1 57 set of turntables ect and delete all copies of Scratch live? .....No, they didnt. So you have other options.

Quote:

What a stupid ass point "Dj craze uses sync.. So your saying he's not a dj"

If u think dj craze (nice name drop nerd) has anything to do with what I'm saying ur a pod... He can do whatever the fuck he wants .. He is better then anyone on earth without the sync button.. Its the people that can't match beats & use the sync button that are destroying the art.. If you don't understand that then you ARE a sync button turned up all the way with blinking lights in the shape of a dj first pumping with no headphones ..

Im just going off what YOU said, and I quote:

Quote:

if u use a sync button for any reason AT ALL you a tool and should never consider yourself a dj well - cus your not

You clearly said ANY REASON AT ALL.

Well, Craze uses sync....
dj rundown 2:14 AM - 25 March, 2015
Jusus man.. are you serious .. A multi dmc champion would be a clear obvious exception to this rant .. Its about people that never learned to match beat by ear .. why the hell would i have a problem with the best dj in the world doing anything .. Do you think i mean that dj craze is making the dj world whack .. Ur completely missing my point and I'm not sure why..

And yes i have 4 1200s , scratch live and a bunch of other gear & thats what i use because they all work fine..What if i get robbed or my house burns down and i loose everything.I could never find all the vinyl I've been collecting over the past 17 years , and there is no more scratch live .Sooooooooooooo. I would then have to buy new gear..The new gear is a joke and i don't want it to continue this way.. I want to be a part of the new dj technology and go where it is going.. But where i see it going is downhill.. Thats my point... If u don't get it then just forget it man..Ur obviously insecure about my post and are trying grasp any little thing to make it so ur not a poser if you use sync ... Forget it man ..Breath in the fact that its cheating.. if u can mix vinyl then your not the ones I'm talking about .. If u can't mix vinyl then learn so next time someone talks about posers ass djs u won't feel the need to defend yourself.
Gio Alex 3:21 AM - 25 March, 2015
Quote:
So funny..I go on a massive rant about djing and get slack about run on sentences. Nerd alert....

People couldn't even get to what you were sayin b. It's not so much that we're nerds, but that novel was a serious eyesore. Did you try to go back and read it?
Owl G 3:37 AM - 25 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
So funny..I go on a massive rant about djing and get slack about run on sentences. Nerd alert....

People couldn't even get to what you were sayin b. It's not so much that we're nerds, but that novel was a serious eyesore. Did you try to go back and read it?

Nah, the idiots are the ones who couldn't follow his masterful prose.
Gio Alex 3:38 AM - 25 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nah, the idiots are the ones who couldn't follow his masterful prose.

LMAO
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:20 AM - 25 March, 2015
Quote:
Jusus man.. are you serious .. A multi dmc champion would be a clear obvious exception to this rant .. Its about people that never learned to match beat by ear .. why the hell would i have a problem with the best dj in the world doing anything .. Do you think i mean that dj craze is making the dj world whack .. Ur completely missing my point and I'm not sure why..

You're the one who said....FOR ANY REASON

Quote:

And yes i have 4 1200s , scratch live and a bunch of other gear & thats what i use because they all work fine..What if i get robbed or my house burns down and i loose everything.I could never find all the vinyl I've been collecting over the past 17 years , and there is no more scratch live

All you would have to do is buy another SL1, or a 57 and download a new copy of scratchlive. Thats IF that happens. ...it hasnt. So use Scratchlive with your Techs and STFU.

Quote:

.Sooooooooooooo. I would then have to buy new gear..The new gear is a joke and i don't want it to continue this way.. I want to be a part of the new dj technology and go where it is going...

Clearly you don't
deejdave 5:42 AM - 25 March, 2015
Bottom line Serato DJ may not be the solution for you. Neither is Traktor, Virtual DJ, Mixvibes, CrossDJ, Djay (Algoriddim), Ableton, Serato DJ Intro, Flow, Mixxx, Traktor DJ, DJ Payer, Rekordbox, Pioneer CDJ's as a matter of fact I don't think there is a home for you anywhere in modern DJing. Perhaps you are more a legacy piece like Scratch Live. Perhaps like Scratch Live you should no longer be supported.

I suppose Scratch Live and Technics are the only answer. I heard both are doing great.

In all serious though get over it. The button is there......... so what?!?!? Turn OFF SYNC in Serato DJ setup menu and ALL SYNC features including beat grids go away. This feature was literally put in for individuals such as yourself.

I personally love TT's and SSL but I also love current gear. I do not use the SYNC button either but there is definitely a place for it in modern DJing.

I get the concept of DJing as an art being ruined by the masses but keep to your own and don't mind all that. BTW I literally meant what I said above I don't think there is a single DJ application without the SYNC feature anymore. This is saying something and if you want to be a part of modern DJing you are going to have to get with the times. Honestly this comes off as the adults frowning upon rock n roll or bellbottoms which you may be able to relate to LOL.
DJ Unique 6:25 AM - 25 March, 2015
Quote:
…..Turn OFF SYNC in Serato DJ setup menu and ALL SYNC features including beat grids go away. This feature was literally put in for individuals such as yourself….

This
DJ Reflex 1:04 AM - 26 March, 2015
I hear a bunch of photographers are bitchin' about these new "digital cameras". Where's the art in film anymore???
sumoJr 7:20 PM - 26 March, 2015
Quote:
I hear a bunch of photographers are bitchin' about these new "digital cameras". Where's the art in film anymore???

photography? where is the art in that?
oil on canvas or die
Dj Shamann 7:21 PM - 26 March, 2015
Quote:

Not a good analogy, a lot of photogs actually do say that.
Gio Alex 7:29 PM - 26 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Not a good analogy, a lot of photogs actually do say that.

Actually, isn't it a good analogy, because basically they're all complaining about the same shit. Analog vs digital. It's everywhere lol
Dj Shamann 7:43 PM - 26 March, 2015
Quote:
Actually, isn't it a good analogy, because basically they're all complaining about the same shit. Analog vs digital. It's everywhere lol

Yes, but he said it sarcastically. So it doesn't work when as you said, other industries are saying the same thing. ; )
 6 8:06 PM - 26 March, 2015
Yup. The world is going to shit. Forget forums. I remember when we used to sit around in a circle and complain.

:-P

nm
AKIEM 8:12 PM - 26 March, 2015
lol

nm
Dj Shamann 8:16 PM - 26 March, 2015
Quote:
Yup. The world is going to shit. Forget forums. I remember when we used to sit around in a circle and complain.

nm

HA!
Mighty Dragon Sounds 8:37 PM - 26 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

nm

HA!

:-) +1
DJ Reflex 9:25 PM - 26 March, 2015
Quote:

nm

LoL
AKIEM 10:43 PM - 26 March, 2015
complaining

lol

nm
blackavenger 1:13 AM - 27 March, 2015
Quote:

Ha...good one!
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:22 AM - 27 March, 2015
Quote:
Yup. The world is going to shit. Forget forums. I remember when we used to hang around the record store/pool and complain.
^^fixed
DJ Unique 8:28 AM - 28 March, 2015
HaHaHa...
Dj Mike P. 1:40 PM - 29 March, 2015
This rant is stupid, it's your choice to not use Scratchlive or Serato Dj with turntables when they are fully supported, and you chose to use "giant stupid controllers with huge blinking buttons"
dj rundown 12:49 AM - 31 March, 2015
Quote:

nm

That was awesome....Ur the only one that made me feel better...lol.... i figured there would be some old school djs that would at least feel my frustration .. Instead i got grammar lessons and people trying to convince me that sync buttons are ok..

I'm over it anyways ..i was just in a bad mood and my new expensive ass controller was bugging out all week .. I craigs listed the controller and now i feel great...

next time I'm just gonna stand around my house and complain out loud about digital cameras and the very serious grammar problems that are plaguing our world today ..
DJ Reflex 4:34 AM - 31 March, 2015
It's OK, we're all here for ya! ** Group Hug **
Owl G 6:24 AM - 31 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

and the very serious grammar problems that are plaguing our world today ..

Have you seen Plies' instagram?
dj rundown 10:03 AM - 31 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
and the very serious grammar problems that are plaguing our world today ..

Have you seen Plies' instagram?

lol.. I just did and I'm gonna check it again this Sat-day and next Sat-day :)
Mr. Goodkat 10:31 PM - 31 March, 2015
this is my prob with controllers, you buy one and it gets buggy and then what do you do? send it in for 2-4 weeks? it may not even be serato, it could be the controller or something to do with the controller. doesnt mean you broke it, could just be a lemon.

ill always be on modular systems ala decks/cdjs/mixers, unless i take my lil vci 380 for a spin from time to time. Im not saying you cant have problems this way, but at least i can figure out where and why something is going wrong. like if my right tt is broken or the mixer is shorting, i can at least take it in for service and rent one exactly like it (as long as i have a pioneer(prob rane and allen and heath in most markets) as they should be the easiest to find and rent) until it gets fixed.
 6 10:59 PM - 31 March, 2015
Quote:
this is my prob with controllers, you buy one and it gets buggy and then what do you do? send it in for 2-4 weeks? it may not even be serato, it could be the controller or something to do with the controller. doesnt mean you broke it, could just be a lemon.

ill always be on modular systems ala decks/cdjs/mixers, unless i take my lil vci 380 for a spin from time to time. Im not saying you cant have problems this way, but at least i can figure out where and why something is going wrong. like if my right tt is broken or the mixer is shorting, i can at least take it in for service and rent one exactly like it (as long as i have a pioneer(prob rane and allen and heath in most markets) as they should be the easiest to find and rent) until it gets fixed.

Or, do instant doubles on one turntable.

:)

nm
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:23 PM - 1 April, 2015
Quote:

They made these giant stupid controllers with huge blinking buttons so these morons would go buy these pieces of shit for hundreds of dollars - cus- well - stupid people will buy anything thats big and blinky..

Quote:

i was just in a bad mood and my new expensive ass controller

.......just sayin
Mr. Goodkat 6:34 PM - 1 April, 2015
lol
CMOS 8:20 PM - 1 April, 2015
Everytime I see this thread title I think of this lol

Watchwww.youtube.com
Gio Alex 8:52 PM - 1 April, 2015
Quote:
Everytime I see this thread title I think of this lol

Watchwww.youtube.com