DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

AFRICAN MUSIC

Good3go85 2:09 PM - 14 March, 2015
Looking for a good source for high quality Azonto,Coupe Decale,Soukous,Mapouka all the big African tunes.
sonsofshaka 1:41 AM - 15 March, 2015
No actual good sources unless you get the tracks straight from the artists or from other Djs who get em
ALEX REED 2:04 AM - 15 March, 2015
Really hard to find high quality music in the Afrobeat department. Some tracks straight from artist sounded terrible at the club. Just keep digging tho, alot of great tracks out there!
Robbie O 12:30 PM - 15 March, 2015
I feel your pain bruh. Sadly, all you could really do is search on MP3 ripping sites that have bitrate filtering. You may get lucky on itunes sometimes
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:41 PM - 15 March, 2015
There are two pools I know
recordpool.nigeriandjs.com
dj2download.com
They are both Nigerian music focus but they do carry other crossover tracks (soukous, azonto etc). Both recordpools are very good, the nigerian DJs one even has dj edits. The files submitted to these pools are of mixed quality... Loads of 128kbps files and I've even heard a few with artifacts and watermarks.

You should also search SoundCloud and various blogs.

Sometimes when the artists send the promo pack to my email,they will attach a file at 128kbps. If I like the track I email them back for a WAV or FLAC, and I get a strange email back wondering what I needed that for.
I'm not sure even the producers, promo managers or even the artists know anything about sound quality.

I've even bought African music of iTunes and it still sounds crap.

This problem is typically west African (Ghana and Nigeria). The Southern African region and Angola promo packs are always super quality 320kbps.
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:45 PM - 15 March, 2015
Quote:
Really hard to find high quality music in the Afrobeat department. Some tracks straight from artist sounded terrible at the club. Just keep digging tho, alot of great tracks out there!

Thats the gospel truth there. Its so bad that if I'm djing with other DJs I will often opt to do a hip-hop/r&b set.

Even straight from the artists they send crappy files.

I think 90% of their target listen to the files on earphones + mobile phones anyways.
REDSELECTER 8:37 PM - 15 March, 2015
good thread - i find most of the big stuff e.g. P-Square, Mavins, etc. you can get on iTunes, Google, Amazon, etc. - a lot of the rest is a very mixed bag, esp. when you get away from the urban-influenced sound and more into the soukous and so on.

And yes overall the mixing and mastering of a lot of stuff is horrid.

I am curious what people's discovery source is who aren't located someplace w/ a club scene around them - do you just listen to Edu or what?
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:26 AM - 16 March, 2015
Its about connecting with other DJs, as you know, Afrobeats is super regional, what rocks in Lagos could tank in London.

The blogs are also awash with loads of poor tracks and I really do not understand why they have to watermark a track that is not even theirs to begin with.

The most notorious blog/website is notjustok.com
They have watermarks after the first couple of bars, mid track and later down the song. Quite retarded. I've been at clubs/parties and heard DJs play those tracks like that. I never will.

Quite a lot of afrobeats DJs to follow for what's hot. Neptizzle (UK), Afro B (UK), Dee Money (US), Deemaks, Phemstar (US), E Cool (US), Loft (Ghana), Don X (US), Nigerian DJs (Worldwide Coalition), Cypher (Nig) etc

They all drop mixxes via social media frequently.
REDSELECTER 3:51 AM - 16 March, 2015
Quote:
Its about connecting with other DJs, as you know, Afrobeats is super regional, what rocks in Lagos could tank in London.

The blogs are also awash with loads of poor tracks and I really do not understand why they have to watermark a track that is not even theirs to begin with.

The most notorious blog/website is notjustok.com
They have watermarks after the first couple of bars, mid track and later down the song. Quite retarded. I've been at clubs/parties and heard DJs play those tracks like that. I never will.

Quite a lot of afrobeats DJs to follow for what's hot. Neptizzle (UK), Afro B (UK), Dee Money (US), Deemaks, Phemstar (US), E Cool (US), Loft (Ghana), Don X (US), Nigerian DJs (Worldwide Coalition), Cypher (Nig) etc

They all drop mixxes via social media frequently.

thanx! gonna check out all of those ppl

dropped an afrobeats mix last year - would love to know what u think:

www.mixcloud.com
soundcloud.com
Good3go85 4:45 AM - 16 March, 2015
I have some tracks from dj2download and some from African DJS alot of it is low quality like alot of you said. Can't find the good joints on Itunes.
Robbie O 3:53 PM - 17 March, 2015
Good thread. Imma check some of those other sources. +1 on NotJustOk.com. It is the biggest DJ tease and should be avoided because their bitrate is usually decent, but watermark drop is always in an embrassing spot, smh. I'm with you DJ Marv.

I thought Afrobeat would exploded even more on the Pop scene after diplo remixed davido, but the remix IMO wasn't that great.

My last afrobeat mix around the World Cup
soundcloud.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 2:27 PM - 18 March, 2015
I've reached out DJ Edu before via soundcloud, he has some serious connect in getting tracks. Or how else does he do his crazy mash ups? He gets instrumentals, acapellas etc. But unfortunately he didnt respond. :/
R-Tistic 10:51 PM - 18 March, 2015
I DJd in Ghana last year. Here's a list of songs I got from the DJ's, radio, and Shazam:

Castro seihor
Jay dee alapain
Castro odo pa ft baby jet
Bukbak Komi Ke kena
Tinny makola kwakwe
Obrafor pee mu ka
Reggie rockstone tsoo boee
Shatta wale sarkodie dancehall commando
Joey B sarkodie Tonga
Yaa pono amen
Kwame kese let me do my thing
D2 Fever ft Bandana shatta wale
Maleek Berry ft wiz kid the matter
Stonebwoy ghetto love
Khona mafikizolo
Guru Alkayida
Sarkodie ft Castro - Adonai Alkayida remix
Davido aye
K.O. caracara
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:31 AM - 19 March, 2015
Quote:
I DJd in Ghana last year. Here's a list of songs I got from the DJ's, radio, and Shazam:

R-tistic, have you got Ghanian roots?

I Dj Nigerian/Afrobeats parties here, some bangers (Club)

Wizkid - Show you the Money
Timaya - Sanko
Iyanya - Gift
Davido - Tchelete [Goodlife] (feat. Mafikizolo)
Olamide -
Skales - Shake Body
Skales - I am for Real
Fuse ODG - TINA
Slyde - Banana (Remix) [feat. Timaya]
Lil' Kesh - Shoki (Remix) [Feat. Davido & Olamide]
Yemi Alade - Johnny
Wizkid - Ojuelegba (*Sarkodie just jumped on this track too with a Freestyle)
DJ Chirpz 10:55 PM - 20 March, 2015
Quote:
Looking for a good source for high quality Azonto,Coupe Decale,Soukous,Mapouka all the big African tunes.

librecordpool.com and recordpool.nigeriandjs.com
Bigga Bounce Ent 11:17 PM - 15 April, 2015
Any blogs that can give us the top 10??
R-Tistic 11:33 PM - 15 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Not that I'm aware of, but....probably! LOL
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:15 AM - 16 April, 2015
check 360nobs.com they have a monthly top downloads section. That might give you an idea of what people are listening too but it wont be an accurate reflection of whats going on in the clubs

More stuff that get good reaction at afrobeatz parties (April 2015)

ARTIST - TRACK TITLE (REGION)

Kiss Daniels - Woju (NGA)

Kiss Daniels - Woju (Remix) [feat. Tiwa Savage] (NGA)

Skales - Je Kan Mo (NGA)

Wizkid - In My Bed (NGA)

Fuse ODG - Badder Than Bad (UK/GHA)

Masterkraft - Indomie (Feat CDQ & Olamide) (NGA)

P-Square - Collabo (feat. Don Jazzy) (NGA)

P-Square - Shekini (NGA)

Timaya - Bum Bum (Remix) [feat Sean Paul] (NGA) - Almost two years old now but still get a very good reaction. You can also get the remix version with Machel Mantano. Same beat, but with that Soca energy you get with Mr. Fete!

Timaya - Malo Nogede (feat Terry G) (NGA)

Terry G - Terry G (NGA) *Self titled track :))

Mavins - Adaobi (NGA)

Korede Bello - Godwin (NGA) - This is a MASSIVE tune right now. The feel good song of the year. Weddings, Clubs, Mobile gigs Just play it. And it will get requested at least 5 times in one hour!

Many of these tunes are available on itunes to purchase and i've started to see some of the pools having the tracks. Smash and Xtendz have Timaya and Flavour tracks, but they file them under Dancehall! There is a Nigerian music service called Spinlet with the tracks priced at about $2-3 an album but the bit rate is low as their intended clients are mobile consumers.

I've emailed them about improving to 320kbps but i'm just a lone voice.
REDSELECTER 5:16 PM - 16 April, 2015
Quote:
check 360nobs.com they have a monthly top downloads section. That might give you an idea of what people are listening too but it wont be an accurate reflection of whats going on in the clubs

More stuff that get good reaction at afrobeatz parties (April 2015)

ARTIST - TRACK TITLE (REGION)

Kiss Daniels - Woju (NGA)

Kiss Daniels - Woju (Remix) [feat. Tiwa Savage] (NGA)

Skales - Je Kan Mo (NGA)

Wizkid - In My Bed (NGA)

Fuse ODG - Badder Than Bad (UK/GHA)

Masterkraft - Indomie (Feat CDQ & Olamide) (NGA)

P-Square - Collabo (feat. Don Jazzy) (NGA)

P-Square - Shekini (NGA)

Timaya - Bum Bum (Remix) [feat Sean Paul] (NGA) - Almost two years old now but still get a very good reaction. You can also get the remix version with Machel Mantano. Same beat, but with that Soca energy you get with Mr. Fete!

Timaya - Malo Nogede (feat Terry G) (NGA)

Terry G - Terry G (NGA) *Self titled track :))

Mavins - Adaobi (NGA)

Korede Bello - Godwin (NGA) - This is a MASSIVE tune right now. The feel good song of the year. Weddings, Clubs, Mobile gigs Just play it. And it will get requested at least 5 times in one hour!

Many of these tunes are available on itunes to purchase and i've started to see some of the pools having the tracks. Smash and Xtendz have Timaya and Flavour tracks, but they file them under Dancehall! There is a Nigerian music service called Spinlet with the tracks priced at about $2-3 an album but the bit rate is low as their intended clients are mobile consumers.

I've emailed them about improving to 320kbps but i'm just a lone voice.

Great List!!

Anything that Don Jazzy touches seems to turn to gold - "Dorro Chuck Norris"
Bigga Bounce Ent 6:26 PM - 16 April, 2015
Thanks for the list DJ Marv, I gonna try some of these out prolly tn.
Res-Q 1:53 AM - 17 April, 2015
Marv, what visual do you play for Godwin?
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:03 AM - 17 April, 2015
I've got the fan video
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:04 AM - 17 April, 2015
The one with the instagram clips
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:18 AM - 17 April, 2015
More tunes that work

Vetkuk vs Mahoota & Dr. Malinga - Via Orlando (Uhuru Remix) (SA)

Eddy Kenzo - Sitya Loss (East Africa)

Toofan - Gwetta (Togo)

DJ Cndo - Terminator (SA) That's a classic

DJ Cleo - Facebook (SA)

DJ Cleo - Wena Ng'hamba Nawe (SA) - Another classic

Davido - Skelewu (NGA) - there is a remix with Major Laser too.

Wande Coal - Baby Hello (NGA)

Banky W - Jasi (NGA)

Teknomiles - Dance (NGA)

Patoranking - Daniella Whyne (NGA)

May D - Ibadi (NGA)
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:19 PM - 17 April, 2015
In terms of sourcing these files... Google, Sound cloud, ITunes and Blogs are my go to.
djdjonesdotcom 9:40 PM - 17 April, 2015
This thread is right on time. I was booked last weekend to DJ a wedding for a couple from Ghana and I've never DJayed an African function before. Although the couple volunteered to give me some popular African music, I think it's dope that I'll be able to bring some music to the party that I like and found on my own. I really appreciate you all sharing!
Good3go85 1:33 AM - 18 April, 2015
Timaya - Sanko big tune Theres a remix with Destra
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:27 AM - 18 April, 2015
Quote:
This thread is right on time. I was booked last weekend to DJ a wedding for a couple from Ghana and I've never DJayed an African function before. Although the couple volunteered to give me some popular African music, I think it's dope that I'll be able to bring some music to the party that I like and found on my own. I really appreciate you all sharing!

You are welcome. Weddings are another kettle of fish, many of songs posted earlier will work for the dance section but might not get the older folks moving.

There is an artist called Flavour (NGA), download his albums on iTunes. He has got many wedding friendly songs.

Another great source of what's hot is YouTube play counts.
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:30 AM - 18 April, 2015
Quote:
Timaya - Sanko big tune Theres a remix with Destra

Definitely

Timaya is hot at the minute.

Timaya - Bow Down
Solidstar - My Body (Feat Timaya)
Katana 3:02 PM - 19 April, 2015
Geez how happy I am for a thread like this! I've got some more recommendations. Most of these first came out between mid-2014 and early 2015 but they are definitely all club bangers and keep people dancing coz they know most of them pretty well.

Sauti Sol - Sura Yako (kenya)
Eddy Kenzo - Sytia Loss (Uganda)
WizKid - Show you The money (NGA)
Davido ft Mafikizolo - 'Tchelete (Goodlife)' (NGA)
Linah - Ole Themba (SA)
L.A.X - Ginger Ft. WizKid (NGA/GHA)
Flavour - Shake
Fally Ipupa - ORIGINAL
ILLBLISS - WTF!!!
Yemi Alade - Johnny
J. Martins featuring Dj Arafat - Touchin Body
FUSE ODG- Dangerous Love ft. Sean Paul
McGalaxy - SEKEM
Gallardo ft. Davido - Runtown
KCEE - Hakuna Matata
MAVINS - DOROBUCCI ft Don Jazzy, Tiwa Savage, Dr SID, D'Prince, Reekado Banks, Korede Bello, Di'Ja
pdidy 4:48 AM - 20 April, 2015
tHANKS I needed this, tracking
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:11 AM - 20 April, 2015
Bangers

P-Square - Chop My Money (Remix feat Akon) NGA

Iyanya - Kukere NGA

Iyanya - Ur Waist NGA

DJ Cleo - Facebook SA

Oskido & May D - Get Down NGA/SA

Davido - Dami Duro NGA

RECENT STUFF

Iyanya - Finito NGA

Reminisce - Tesojue *dirty and for club gigs only NGA

Diamond Platnumz - Number One (feat Davido)
Bigga Bounce Ent 5:06 AM - 21 April, 2015
DJ Marv you should start a blog with D/L packets every month! I would DEF sub!
Mr. Goodkat 8:32 PM - 29 April, 2015
this stuff is hard to find. id pay for a blog and packs like atltop20.

theres a little on amazon and file sharing sites, but its hard to get good rips at the same time.

does it come out on cd in the various countries or just download?
Dj Vasley 10:13 PM - 29 April, 2015
Shetta - Shikorobo Feat. Kcee (TZA)
www.dropbox.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 2:49 PM - 30 April, 2015
@Mr. Goodkat, i'm afraid the quality is always questionable especially if you are used to playing proper 320kbps MP3 or WAV.
Your best bet is Itunes, Amazon or any of the previously mentioned pools.

There is certainly a yearning for a decent recordpool, but most acts are independent and have their own labels, with no major distribution label. To set up a pool will be mayhem as one will have like a billion managers to speak to.
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:29 PM - 6 May, 2015
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:30 PM - 6 May, 2015
Grab all of that, decent list xtendamix.eu
Res-Q 12:29 PM - 7 May, 2015
Check out this brand new music video by Nigerian artist Connellmccoy shot in Dakar, Senegal. Featuring sponsoring by #ResQBT1 portable bluetooth speaker and M'Africa Wear.
Watchwww.youtube.com
The Diplomat 3:16 PM - 7 May, 2015
Greetings Forum:

This thread has made a good point & I'm also stuck without good options for parties for people from the various places in Africa (sub sahara implied).

I would like to add one candle to this cake:

Even though we speak English (I do), and most of what has been listed in this thread is about music from what could be called Englo Phone Africa (Nigeria, Ghana, etc), there has been over the years more club type sounds coming from the Franco Phone countries.

For example, here in the USA, many people say things like Jazz started in New Orleans. This is a little bit of a tricky statement. Africans world wide (throughout the diaspora) have always been, throughout history, musical people. That fact is that the British outlawed the drum and other elements of music but the French did not. Thus, even today, with some exceptions (e.g. USA), we normally will notice that there is a broader spectrum of Black influenced (or created) music coming from Franco Phone (or previously Franco Phone) places compared to Englo Phone places. Thus, it wasn't so much that New Orleans was more creative (Jazz), it was that everyone else was on lock down and New Orleans under the French had more freedom with music. Africa has several drum scripts, which means you could communicate with drums. This scared the English. The English tried to destroy the drum scripts in Africa. We totally lost the drum script in the USA. Some of these drum scripts are almost extinct in Africa.

My point is that for me since I'm an old school club head, I have a little more success with African Party Music from previously Franco Phone places in Africa even though I cannot speak French. I like all African Party music including the songs from Englo Phone places. My experience teaches me that there are way more "Club" type songs from Franco Phone places.

Changing the subject, the Hip Hop from Africa is not as raunchy as Hip Hop from the USA. This is a plus. Maybe I'm too old school & you guys do not care about this. Your choice!

The Diplomat
REDSELECTER 3:24 PM - 7 May, 2015
Quote:
Greetings Forum:

This thread has made a good point & I'm also stuck without good options for parties for people from the various places in Africa (sub sahara implied).

Even though we speak English (I do), and most of what has been listed in this thread is about music from what could be called Englo Phone Africa (Nigeria, Ghana, etc), there has been over the years more club type sounds coming from the Franco Phone countries.

For example, here in the USA, many people say things like Jazz started in New Orleans. This is a little bit of a tricky statement. Africans world wide (throughout the diaspora) have always been, throughout history, musical people. That fact is that the British outlawed the drum and other elements of music but the French did not. Thus, even today, with some exceptions (e.g. USA), we normally will notice that there is a broader spectrum of Black influenced (or created) music coming from Franco Phone (or previously Franco Phone) places compared to Englo Phone places. Thus, it wasn't so much that New Orleans was more creative (Jazz), it was that everyone else was on lock down and New Orleans under the French had more freedom with music. Africa has several drum scripts, which means you could communicate with drums. This scared the English. The English tried to destroy the drum scripts in Africa. We totally lost the drum script in the USA. Some of these drum scripts are almost extinct in Africa.

My point is that for me since I'm an old school club head, I have a little more success with African Party Music from previously Franco Phone places in Africa even though I cannot speak French. I like all African Party music including the songs from Englo Phone places. My experience teaches me that there are way more "Club" type songs from Franco Phone places.

Changing the subject, the Hip Hop from Africa is not as raunchy as Hip Hop from the USA. This is a plus. Maybe I'm too old school & you guys do not care about this. Your choice!

The Diplomat

hmmm - you would have to post some examples in order for me to agree - I love francophone music too - soukous, zouk etc., but there are not many places outside of the francophone world that this will trump P Square
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:14 PM - 7 May, 2015
There used to be a time I will drop Awilo and Magic System in my sets and everyone will go crazy. Now the west African tunes are the in thing.
With south Africa a close second.
Mr. Goodkat 7:16 PM - 7 May, 2015
Quote:
Greetings Forum:

The Diplomat

interesting, im a history nerd.
Res-Q 7:17 PM - 7 May, 2015
i agree the magic system days are long over, for the past five years its all about 9ja and azonto type beats. I regularly play in africa, and its all about azonto, dancehall, hiphop, and in a few select mixed places house music too
The Diplomat 4:09 AM - 8 May, 2015
Quote:
hmmm - you would have to post some examples in order for me to agree - I love francophone music too - soukous, zouk etc., but there are not many places outside of the francophone world that this will trump P Square

Redselector:

I will not dispute what you say and agree with you about P Square and likely some other performers but I think my side point still stands about Anglo phone vs Franco phone because I am talking about the long run - not what just happened over the last 10 years.

Overall, my main point is that I agree with the overall flow of this thread which is it has been an uphill challenge to consistently get party music for the peeps on the home front.

The Diplomat
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:04 AM - 8 May, 2015
New tunes

Olamide & Phyno (Feat. Wizkid) - Confam Ni

Reminisce (Feat. Olamide & Phyno) - Local Rappers

Haven't heard anything banging out of the new joints. Good thing about Afrobeatz and djing in all is that, the classics always work well at gigs.

Don't be afraid to go back

*I will post mostly Naija sounds as i'm from Nigeria, Other folks from other zones can post whats working in their regions.
The Diplomat 1:08 PM - 8 May, 2015
Quote:
*I will post mostly Naija sounds as i'm from Nigeria, Other folks from other zones can post whats working in their regions.

Thanks for sharing DJ Marv the Maverick !!!
You have a great idea and I am taking notes.

I have lived in NJ, NY, PA & DC my entire life & my African Party Music Collection is weaker than I want it to be.

The Diplomat
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:06 AM - 10 May, 2015
Yeah. The African music scene is super diverse now. Super hard to keep up.
4mydawgz 5:28 PM - 28 May, 2015
Quote:
Connellmc

can you run a list of the classics too. I'm sure there's many, but I like the Sanko, Nwa Baby sound
djmissray 4:22 AM - 1 June, 2015
DJ MARV the Maverick, your mixes are the bomb!!!

For East African Sounds--- Sauti Sol, Diamond, Vanessa Mdee, Ali Kiba, Chameleone , Just a Band, H_art the Band, Eric Wainana, Fena Gitu , Dela etc. Try www.getmziki.com, www.djmwasa.com, www.afritunez.com and iTunes

Also check out www.notjustok.com

Currently i'm digging Vanessa Mdee ft. KO - Nobody But Me, Diamond Platnumz ft Khadija Kopa - Nasema Nawe , African King by Fena , Sura Yako by Sauti Sol, Nikikutazama by H_art The Band and maybe Jump by Octopizzo

In Kenya particularly most DJs do the live Video Mixing thing so most of their music is from YOUTUBE

correct me if i'm wrong. I'm based in China, so I might be still stuck on 3 years ago.
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:31 AM - 1 June, 2015
Quote:
DJ MARV the Maverick, your mixes are the bomb!!!

For East African Sounds--- Sauti Sol, Diamond, Vanessa Mdee, Ali Kiba, Chameleone , Just a Band, H_art the Band, Eric Wainana, Fena Gitu , Dela etc. Try www.getmziki.com, www.djmwasa.com, www.afritunez.com and iTunes

Currently i'm digging Vanessa Mdee ft. KO - Nobody But Me, Diamond Platnumz ft Khadija Kopa - Nasema Nawe , African King by Fena , Sura Yako by Sauti Sol, Nikikutazama by H_art The Band and maybe Jump by Octopizzo

In Kenya particularly most DJs do the live Video Mixing thing so most of their music is from YOUTUBE

Thanks for the props.
Will surely check out those tracks you posted.
I know Sauti Sol is big and that tune is massive.

There has been a couple new tracks but none as massive as I would like.

I will post songs that I think has crossed borders not just regional ones.

In regards to the DL packet/DJ download service, let's just say for now its not tenable, but will give it a look.

More hits

Cynthia Morgan - I'm Taken (NGA)

Olamide - Falila Ketan (NGA)

Oritsefemi - Igbeyawo (NGA) [Wedding]

Sars ft Wizkid - Sound It (NGA) (Nice tune with nice visuals and works even in my open format gig)

Wizkid ft Femi Kuti - Jaiye Jaiye

May D - Ibadi

May D - So Many Things

Ice Prince Zamani - Aboki

LeriQ ft Wizkid - Say you love me (Spacey kinda tune, will work during warm up)

Classics

Olu Maintain - Yahooze (NGA)

Femi Kuti - Bang Bang Bang (NGA)

Ice Prince Zamani ft Brymo - Oleku

Brymo - Ara

Brymo - Good Morning (NGA) [Mellow vibe to this one, can be dropped during warm up or weddings)

*The whole Mo'Hits Records library - Pere, Tongolo, Booty Call, etc

R2bees ft Wande Coal - Kiss Your Hands

Blackky - Rosie (This is a golden oldie) (BBQs, Closing hour kinda vibe)
R-Tistic 3:53 PM - 1 June, 2015
Jesse Jagz "Bad girl"

Maleek Berry ft. Wizkid - The matter
4mydawgz 4:38 AM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Blackky - Rosie (This is a golden oldie) (BBQs, Closing hour kinda vibe)

Feeling the Rosie song... reminds me of a reggae song called "Commanding Wife"
Dj Vasley 10:14 PM - 13 July, 2015
Here I Got Some New Bangers

Wizkid - Ojuelegba Remim Feat. Drake & Skepta (Extended Version)

Patoranking - My Woman, My Everything Feat. Wade Coal

Ay - Zigo

Vanessa Mdee - Nobody But Me Feat. K.O

Dj Vasley 10:16 PM - 13 July, 2015
Wizkid - Ojuelegba Remix Feat. Drake & Skepta (Extended Version)

soundcloud.com
Jabu the Dj 7:45 AM - 14 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I Dj Nigerian/Afrobeats parties here, some bangers (Club)

Wizkid - Show you the Money
Timaya - Sanko
Iyanya - Gift
Davido - Tchelete [Goodlife] (feat. Mafikizolo)
Olamide -
Skales - Shake Body
Skales - I am for Real
Fuse ODG - TINA
Slyde - Banana (Remix) [feat. Timaya]
Lil' Kesh - Shoki (Remix) [Feat. Davido & Olamide]
Yemi Alade - Johnny
Wizkid - Ojuelegba (*Sarkodie just jumped on this track too with a Freestyle)
you can try South African House tunes from the likes of Uhuru,Oskido,Heavy K...and for some R & B Casper Nyovest,AKA,K.O,Proverbs,HHP,JR..etc
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:21 AM - 14 July, 2015
Quote:
Wizkid - Ojuelegba Remix Feat. Drake & Skepta (Extended Version)

soundcloud.com

That Patoranking joint is fire.

Great one
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:27 AM - 14 July, 2015
Quote:
I DJd in Ghana last year. you can try South African House tunes from the likes of Uhuru,Oskido,Heavy K...and for some R & B Casper Nyovest,AKA,K.O,Proverbs,HHP,JR..etc

That's like looking for a needle in 10 fields of haystack

If you post the Name of Artist - Track Title - [+/-Region] it will be easy way for us to check out the songs.
pdidy 12:37 AM - 24 July, 2015
what the name of this song they're battling too ? Watchwww.youtube.com
pdidy 12:39 AM - 24 July, 2015
English translation Watchwww.youtube.com
pdidy 12:49 AM - 24 July, 2015
need help with these too starting at 3:00 Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:37 PM - 24 July, 2015
@PDidy Hopefully someone from that region will chime in. You might get quicker answers if you ask on Youtube.
djcrap 7:38 PM - 27 July, 2015
All i know is that kind of music genre is called coupe de cale
R-Tistic 8:04 PM - 27 July, 2015
Any songs from Muzart working? They have some GREAT music coming from South Africa.

Check out "Jukebox" and "Party after." A lot of their songs are upbeat-laid back more so than high energy, but great musicality to them all
djmissray 1:09 PM - 17 September, 2015
Mr. Eazi - Bankulize ( Ghana)
Roberto - Amarula (Zambia)
Ali Kiba - Chekecha ( Tanzania)
Sauti Sol ( Kenya) - 1. Shake your Bam Bam
2. Isabella

Boneless (Kenya) - 1. Superstar
2. Supaficial

Lectronica ft Wyre (Kenya) - Light it Up

Atemi ( Kenya) - Bebi Bebi

Atwal Music (Kenya) - All Day

Makadem (Kenya ) - Obong'o Bless Me

Dicklas One ft Mungu Afrika - Pizza Pizza ( Angola)

Harry Song - Reggae Blues ( Nigeria)

Navy Kenzo ft Vanessa Mdee - The Game (Tanzania)

Osvaldo O.C- Mokwatazoto Los Bradas (Angola)

Bucie Feat. Heavy-K - Easy to Love ( South Africa)

H_Art The Band - Nikikutazama ( Kenya)

Wangechi ft Blinky Bill - It's Another One ( Kenya)

I'm repping the 254 (Kenya) a lot today -- it's the mood i'm in!!
These tunes are not particularly New but I'm digging them everyday!!
R-Tistic 4:28 PM - 17 September, 2015
That Yemi Alade - "Johnny" is a hit for sure
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:42 AM - 18 September, 2015
Skales ft Olamide - Ijo Ayo (NGA)
Wande Coal - Ashimapeyin (NGA)
Timaya - Some More (NGA)
Olamide - Lagos Boys (NGA)
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:45 AM - 18 September, 2015
Quote:
Mr. Eazi - Bankulize ( Ghana)
Roberto - Amarula (Zambia)
Ali Kiba - Chekecha ( Tanzania)
Sauti Sol ( Kenya) - 1. Shake your Bam Bam
2. Isabella

Boneless (Kenya) - 1. Superstar
2. Supaficial

Lectronica ft Wyre (Kenya) - Light it Up

Atemi ( Kenya) - Bebi Bebi

Atwal Music (Kenya) - All Day

Makadem (Kenya ) - Obong'o Bless Me

Dicklas One ft Mungu Afrika - Pizza Pizza ( Angola)

Harry Song - Reggae Blues ( Nigeria)

Navy Kenzo ft Vanessa Mdee - The Game (Tanzania)

Osvaldo O.C- Mokwatazoto Los Bradas (Angola)

Bucie Feat. Heavy-K - Easy to Love ( South Africa)

H_Art The Band - Nikikutazama ( Kenya)

Wangechi ft Blinky Bill - It's Another One ( Kenya)

I'm repping the 254 (Kenya) a lot today -- it's the mood i'm in!!
These tunes are not particularly New but I'm digging them everyday!!

That list came three weeks late for me lol. Had a Kenyan gig, I connected with a DJ from Nairobi who was very helpful with a playlist, by the time I got to the gig, they wanted Naija songs. It was heavenly lol.
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:48 AM - 18 September, 2015
Mad Traxx ft Mejja - Dabo tap (KEN)
That's my favorite east African tune lol
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:52 AM - 18 September, 2015
Phyno & Olamide ft Lil' Kesh - Ladi (* this is a serious banger in Naija clubs)
djmissray 3:16 PM - 18 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

That list came three weeks late for me lol. Had a Kenyan gig, I connected with a DJ from Nairobi who was very helpful with a playlist, by the time I got to the gig, they wanted Naija songs. It was heavenly lol.

oops sorry , Kenyans are a weird bunch but we party hard so it's all good... DaboTap Huh? hehehe You should like Nyongwa then, by the same guys

Will check out Ladi

Stay Fresh
Unkle Loft 10:51 AM - 9 December, 2015
DJ Loft form Ghana. Was surfing online looking for a new African recordpool and i came across this discussion. Just thought i would contribute to help djs coming to ghana this december.

Hottest songs in gh now
1 nineteen ninety - omar sterling (Paedae of r2beez)
2 skin tight - mr eazi ft efya
3 skolom - vvip
4 susuka - Kofi kinaata
5 pimpinaa - obrafuor ft bisa
6 Go higher - Stonebwoy *
7 Kakai - shatta wale *
8 hol it - shatta wale *
9 enemies - jupitar ft sarkodie
10 baafira (no noise) - rashid metal
11 ekiki mi - wisa ft Luther
12 bisa k dei - brother *
13 bisa k dei - mansa *
14 y3 wo krom - atom ft jhunea *
15 telemo - gasmilla

songs with * are the most played and requested club bangers now for december
Unkle Loft 10:52 AM - 9 December, 2015
this track is also a must have ekiki mi - wisa ft Luther *
RonDu 3:45 PM - 9 December, 2015
You guys just don't know how much you have assisted me on my quest for music from the Motherland.

Respect!!!!
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:37 AM - 10 December, 2015
Unkle Loft. I've got some of your intro edits. Great to have you here.
Unkle Loft 8:01 PM - 10 December, 2015
Quote:
Unkle Loft. I've got some of your intro edits. Great to have you here.

oh ok, cool. thats good to know. Lets keep sharing ideas. Push afrobeats to the world
DJ PHILE 2:03 PM - 17 December, 2015
Quote:
There are two pools I know
recordpool.nigeriandjs.com
dj2download.com
They are both Nigerian music focus but they do carry other crossover tracks (soukous, azonto etc). Both recordpools are very good, the nigerian DJs one even has dj edits. The files submitted to these pools are of mixed quality... Loads of 128kbps files and I've even heard a few with artifacts and watermarks.

You should also search SoundCloud and various blogs.

Sometimes when the artists send the promo pack to my email,they will attach a file at 128kbps. If I like the track I email them back for a WAV or FLAC, and I get a strange email back wondering what I needed that for.
I'm not sure even the producers, promo managers or even the artists know anything about sound quality.

I've even bought African music of iTunes and it still sounds crap.

This problem is typically west African (Ghana and Nigeria). The Southern African region and Angola promo packs are always super quality 320kbps.

Totally agree with you...i don't know where we are supposed to get quality music if the artist and producers care less about there Djs who actually act as middle men as we are the ones who promote their music. I played onces in an event using those compressed 320kbps music you find in the internet and i kept blaming the sound engeneer later came to realise that the 320kbps was 128kbps
DJ Marv the Maverick 2:22 PM - 17 December, 2015
Yeah its quite disheartening. I don't even trust the files I bought from iTunes and when I manage to get CDs
They might have submitted low bit rate masters that are converted to AAC or WAV.
I don't think they are aware of sound quality.

All they care about is getting there tunes out. Hell I was sent a promo pack the other day and the track was 96kbps. 😱
DJ Dee Money 6:09 PM - 17 December, 2015
Great thread!!! Thanks for the tips
DJ PHILE 4:36 AM - 18 December, 2015
Quote:
Yeah its quite disheartening. I don't even trust the files I bought from iTunes and when I manage to get CDs
They might have submitted low bit rate masters that are converted to AAC or WAV.

All they care about is getting there tunes out. Hell I was sent a promo pack the other day and the track was 96kbps. 😱

Whatttttt????? 96 is bad....seriously how are we going to educate the musicians and their managers on the importance of sending quality music...trust me when you tell them about quality videos...they know. Good music is not good music unless it is quality music.
cypha 7:45 AM - 22 December, 2015
hi guys, i dj in lagos nigeria and here are some club bangers from nigeria
olamide - shakiti bobo
lil kesh - efejoku
davido ft olamide - the money
wande coal - ashimapeyin
wizkid - in my bed
timaya ft don jazzy - i concur
tekno - duro
kiss daniels - laye
kiss daniels - woju
dj shabzy - raba
wizkid - final (baba nla)
vector - shiga
mastercraft - indomie
cdq - shiga
phyno - connect
kcee - reggeae blues

a few blogs you can get nigerian songs on are: www.tayotv.net , www.tooxclusive.com and www.360nobs.com. if you need whats hot in lagos nigeria you can hit me up
cypha 7:46 AM - 22 December, 2015
Quote:

you dont even want to talk about shitty mastering....
DJ Marv the Maverick 3:12 PM - 22 December, 2015
@cypha what's good bro.
Yeah quality is hit and miss.
YBNL team is pushing out some great stuff lately.
DJ PHILE 3:30 PM - 22 December, 2015
Is it me alone or west African music overuse Auto tune pich correction....suddenly every artist voice sound the same....and the vocal congestion annoys the ear after a long period of mixing.
DJ PHILE 3:42 PM - 22 December, 2015
Quote:
Is it me alone or west African music overuse Auto tune pich correction....suddenly every artist voice sound the same....and the vocal congestion annoys the ear after a long period of mixing.

Don't get me wrong...I love West African Music but there is some trend I don't know where it came from...No offense but 88% Musicians are gimics....Bay sound in the States was stolen by almost every producer in the country...Came a time everybody wanted to rap like the Migos...Africans posses originality so let's not loose that.
djmissray 7:17 PM - 2 January, 2016
Quote:
DJ Loft form Ghana. Was surfing online looking for a new African recordpool and i came across this discussion. Just thought i would contribute to help djs coming to ghana this december.

Hottest songs in gh now
1 nineteen ninety - omar sterling (Paedae of r2beez)
2 skin tight - mr eazi ft efya
3 skolom - vvip
4 susuka - Kofi kinaata
5 pimpinaa - obrafuor ft bisa
6 Go higher - Stonebwoy *
7 Kakai - shatta wale *
8 hol it - shatta wale *
9 enemies - jupitar ft sarkodie
10 baafira (no noise) - rashid metal
11 ekiki mi - wisa ft Luther
12 bisa k dei - brother *
13 bisa k dei - mansa *
14 y3 wo krom - atom ft jhunea *
15 telemo - gasmilla

songs with * are the most played and requested club bangers now for december

Thanks for this man
djmissray 7:18 PM - 2 January, 2016
Quote:
hi guys, i dj in lagos nigeria and here are some club bangers from nigeria
olamide - shakiti bobo
lil kesh - efejoku
davido ft olamide - the money
wande coal - ashimapeyin
wizkid - in my bed
timaya ft don jazzy - i concur
tekno - duro
kiss daniels - laye
kiss daniels - woju
dj shabzy - raba
wizkid - final (baba nla)
vector - shiga
mastercraft - indomie
cdq - shiga
phyno - connect
kcee - reggeae blues

a few blogs you can get nigerian songs on are: www.tayotv.net , www.tooxclusive.com and www.360nobs.com. if you need whats hot in lagos nigeria you can hit me up

Thanks Cypha
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:58 PM - 31 January, 2016
Did a video mix today, just random afrobeat tunes.
www.mixcloud.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:59 PM - 1 February, 2016
youtu.be

The Video Mix...If youtube dont take it down
Katana 3:13 PM - 4 February, 2016
Quote:
youtu.be

Put it up on Vimeo Dj Marv! It won't be taken down if its on vimeo--->vimeo.com incase you hadn't known about vimeo already
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:07 PM - 4 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
youtu.be

Put it up on Vimeo Dj Marv! It won't be taken down if its on vimeo--->vimeo.com incase you hadn't known about vimeo already

Will do. Thanks
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:17 PM - 6 February, 2016
Uploading on Vimeo and Dailymotion. Had to split into 3 parts.

Part 1 - dai.ly

Part 2 - dai.ly

Part 3 - dai.ly
dj 4show 8:46 AM - 26 February, 2016
Hello brothers , I have a couple of good sites endekt and what I noticed dj city england London now also makes afrobeat with inter and good quality if you want to know more write me at fb so I can send you my left
alongay_dj 10:07 AM - 8 March, 2016
Any tips on uploading #Afrobeats video mixes on youtube without it being flagged . .
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:10 PM - 8 March, 2016
Quote:
Any tips on uploading #Afrobeats video mixes on youtube without it being flagged . .

Daily motion
Vimeo

It will be flagged 9 out of 10 times on YouTube
Res-Q 3:18 PM - 8 March, 2016
yes, and 7 out of 10 on dailymotion and vimeo

check a few afro edits on my website
djresqvideomix.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:43 AM - 27 March, 2016
New ones

Olamide - Dont Stop Watchwww.youtube.com [Club]

Olamide - Melo Melo Watchwww.youtube.com

Olamide - I Love Lagos Watchwww.youtube.com

Tiwa Savage & Paul P-Square - Get It Together Watchwww.youtube.com [Highlife Naija party sets @ Weddings & other owambes]

Lil Kesh - Ibile Watchwww.youtube.com [Owambe & Naija parties]

Pepenazi ft Olamide - illegal Watchwww.youtube.com

Oritsefemi - Igbeyawo Watchwww.youtube.com [Weddings & Owambes]

Ice Prince - Boss Watchwww.youtube.com [Club]

Kiss Daniel - Good Time Watchwww.youtube.com [Club]

Kiss Daniel & Wizkid - Good Time Watchwww.youtube.com

Harrysong ft Toofan & Chidinma - Beta Pikin [Remix] Watchwww.youtube.com [The Original still goes harder imho - Watchwww.youtube.com ]

Skales - Lo Le [Club Banger] youtu.be

Patoranking - Make Am [Club Banger] needs a redrum i think Watchwww.youtube.com

CDQ ft Wizkid - Nawo E Soke [Club Banger] youtu.be
DJ Marv the Maverick 2:56 PM - 27 March, 2016
Kwamz and Flava - Take Over Watchwww.youtube.com
Good3go85 7:35 PM - 11 April, 2016
Name the hottest producers and labels right now
Good3go85 7:39 PM - 11 April, 2016
Im looking to contact producers and labels directly. Anybody got contacts post please.
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:49 PM - 11 April, 2016
You can start with the hot artists
Olamide Label YBNL
Davido HKN
The Mavin's crew Mavins record

Most have in house producers on their independent labels
R-Tistic 10:19 PM - 11 April, 2016
Did Muzart's songs get any play in Africa, or at African parties elsewhere? Their songs are more mellow, but have a nice vibe and energy to them. Like "Jukebox"
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:52 AM - 27 April, 2016
Kiss Daniel - Mama Watchwww.youtube.com
ogtimi 9:52 AM - 26 May, 2016
Guys would appreciate if you checked out my Afrobeats mix - soundcloud.com

Its got quite a few of the trending London afrobeats artists in the mix, I don't know if you have heard of Jaij Hollands, but hes big on the scene at the moment.
Robbie O 7:51 PM - 26 May, 2016
I like this one soundcloud.com
theemasquerade 10:03 PM - 26 May, 2016
Quote:
I like this one soundcloud.com

Had not heard this. Good call.
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:17 AM - 5 June, 2016
Olamide - Who you epp
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:19 AM - 5 June, 2016
Tekno - Where youtu.be
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:12 AM - 28 June, 2016
discovered an afrobeats video pool www.afrobeatvideos.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:33 AM - 28 June, 2016
Regsiter here www.afrobeatvideos.com
sl1200 9:18 AM - 29 June, 2016
Does anybody have a subscription to afrobeatvideos? How much does it cost?

I registered yesterday but no response, the experience so far with this site seems dodgy.
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:08 PM - 29 June, 2016
i havent subscribed yet. planning to download with the free credit to see the files.

I emailed them yesterday and got a quick response.
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:10 PM - 29 June, 2016
they have three tiers of subscription when i checked the site.

BTW i'm not in anyway associated with them.
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:27 PM - 29 June, 2016
I just downloaded two files and they are good to go. Early days and i reckon they still building the library

Pricing is here www.afrobeatvideos.com

They are even more expensive than Xtendamix :))

Anyways if the depth is good i might subscribe, saves me from having to do my edits. Time is money.
Kenny AfrobeatVideos 9:45 AM - 1 July, 2016
@sl1200, I did respond to your registration that same day. You must have missed it or sth. Even sent you a follow up email. Pls. check your spam and if still not rcvd, inbox me contact@afrobeatvideos.com or simply re-register. Sorry about that.

Our subscription plan starts from 9.99usd and we are actually cheaper :) Might seem the opposite but it's bcos we have low volume subscription plans. Need a high volume sub. plan, inbox me pls.
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:36 PM - 10 July, 2016
I'm djing at Wande Coal's Dublin show on the 22nd of July. Did a quick one take promo mix. Nothing too fancy, used Serato Flip to edit many tracks he was featured on just to isolate him.

stream here www.mixcloud.com

download here www.hulkshare.com

Happy Sunday
theemasquerade 4:18 PM - 11 July, 2016
Quote:
I'm djing at Wande Coal's Dublin show on the 22nd of July. Did a quick one take promo mix. Nothing too fancy, used Serato Flip to edit many tracks he was featured on just to isolate him.

Happy Sunday

Nice one. Have fun at the show, that's a good one to land! Also- this is not available to stream in the states on Mixcloud, but I downloaded it.

Been into what Major Notes has going on. I find that his songs are a nice way to segue from an "afrobeats" set to more "house" beats. Any other reccomendations for other songs along these lines?

soundcloud.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:37 AM - 12 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Happy Sunday

Nice one. Have fun at the show, that's a good one to land! Also- this is not available to stream in the states on Mixcloud, but I downloaded it.

Been into what Major Notes has going on. I find that his songs are a nice way to segue from an "afrobeats" set to more "house" beats. Any other reccomendations for other songs along these lines?

soundcloud.com

Thanks.

Yeah I understand that the mixcloud is not working in the states due to the fact that the mix was just one artist. Anyways its also uploaded to hulkshare via the second link.
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:47 AM - 12 July, 2016
Quote:

soundcloud.com

Check www.yuriunibelas.info

Some old practice sessions with afrohouse I recorded

www.mixcloud.com

www.mixcloud.com

www.mixcloud.com
theemasquerade 2:47 PM - 12 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

soundcloud.com

Check www.yuriunibelas.info

Some old practice sessions with afrohouse I recorded

www.mixcloud.com

www.mixcloud.com

www.mixcloud.com

Thanks. Will check these out!
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:10 AM - 14 July, 2016
Watchwww.youtube.com

Tjaey - Look Like You
DJ Remy USA 12:29 AM - 15 July, 2016
Tracking
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:09 AM - 15 July, 2016
soundcloud.com

Koker - Kolework youtu.be
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:25 AM - 15 July, 2016
DJ Big N feat Wizkid x Dr. SID - Erima youtu.be
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:34 AM - 15 July, 2016
Eugy x Mr. Eazi - Dance for me youtu.be
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:40 AM - 15 July, 2016
Mr Eazi - Pipi Dance youtu.be
alongay_dj 2:57 PM - 23 July, 2016
alongay_dj 2:57 PM - 23 July, 2016
Tekno - Pana
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:35 PM - 23 July, 2016
Quote:
Tekno - Pana

Great find πŸ‘
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:01 AM - 24 July, 2016
Came across this freestyle by Jaywon www.360nobs.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:02 AM - 24 July, 2016
This one is big currently Watchwww.youtube.com

Mayorkun - Eleko (Nigeria)
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:03 AM - 24 July, 2016
Another one thats big

Phyno - Fada Fada (Nigeria) Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:08 AM - 24 July, 2016
Franko -Coller La Petite Watchwww.youtube.com (Cameroun)
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:12 AM - 24 July, 2016
Falz ft. Olamide, Davido - Bahd Baddo Baddest Watchwww.youtube.com (Nigeria)
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:14 AM - 24 July, 2016
Falz - Soft Work Watchwww.youtube.com (Nigeria)
mykemooh 10:58 AM - 26 July, 2016
Watchwww.youtube.com
GEKO - Y (Official Video) ft. Afro B tunee for days. i like the major lazer kind-a-beat
mykemooh 11:00 AM - 26 July, 2016
dj 4show 1:46 AM - 2 August, 2016
Quote:
<font><font>
Im Blick direkt Produzenten und Labels zu kontaktieren. </font><font>Hat jemand Kontakte hinterlassen bitte.
</font></font>

itunes is the best
dj 4show 1:47 AM - 2 August, 2016
itunes is the best
RonDu 1:28 PM - 2 August, 2016
Any alternative to iTunes?
dj 4show 8:25 AM - 4 August, 2016
on all dj let to write him together to tell him to make a mp3 african record pool
contact@afrobeatvideos.com
DJ Kish La Sapologie 2:39 AM - 19 August, 2016
I have been following with the discussion and I think I should also give some input
Fally Ipupa -Original
DJ Arafat - Gbobolor
Serge Beynaud - Mawa Naya.

This is just a few I can name but if you don't know those three check them out meanwhile I will come up with an updated list.
DJ Kish La Sapologie 2:41 AM - 19 August, 2016
You can check out Ivoiremixdj.com for music from Ivory Coast.
Logisticalstyles 12:32 PM - 19 August, 2016
This thread is right on time for me. I just picked up an African gig for next month. It's for a child's 1st birthday party.

I've got a lot of research to do. I'm not expecting to play African music all night but I'm sure a majority of it will be African and I have no idea what African music would be appropriate for the event.
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:26 PM - 19 August, 2016
Quote:
This thread is right on time for me. I just picked up an African gig for next month. It's for a child's 1st birthday party.

I've got a lot of research to do. I'm not expecting to play African music all night but I'm sure a majority of it will be African and I have no idea what African music would be appropriate for the event.

African music is regional. Will be prudent to ascertain the nationality of the client.

Welcome
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:27 PM - 19 August, 2016
Quote:
I have been following with the discussion and I think I should also give some input
Fally Ipupa -Original
DJ Arafat - Gbobolor
Serge Beynaud - Mawa Naya.

This is just a few I can name but if you don't know those three check them out meanwhile I will come up with an updated list.

Great stuff, I m familiar with the tracks. Waiting for your comprehensive list.
RonDu 3:32 PM - 22 August, 2016
Yeah, that regional issue is what gets me. I have to really familiarize myself with this this genre. It seems like it's almost offensive to some.
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:00 AM - 23 August, 2016
Quote:
Yeah, that regional issue is what gets me. I have to really familiarize myself with this this genre. It seems like it's almost offensive to some.

Yup I remember taking a Zimbabwe gig once and foolishly thought I could get away playing some South African tracks as they are neighbors, OMG I got told that day. Luckily there was a family friend cum dj who was attending the party, he gave me a USB drive of Zimbabwe bangers and it saved my skin.

Funny thing was that I refused to take the gig initially but they kept calling back to say they were stuck and can't find a dj to book.
Logisticalstyles 1:25 AM - 27 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

African music is regional. Will be prudent to ascertain the nationality of the client.

Welcome

The husband is from Sierra Leone, the wife is from Georgia. The gig is for the celebration of the child's first birthday. Although it's the kid's birthday, the wife tells me that the party is for the adults. Supposedly her husband is gathering a list of requests for me.
dele 8:47 AM - 12 September, 2016
Nice forum, i learning to be a DJ i blog at slicksonpost.com
Vin Jay Ace 2:42 PM - 12 September, 2016
Finally There Is An African Record Pool In Town Which Puts Most Of These Things Into Consideration.. Emphasis On "QUALITY" Just Visit The Site Via The Link Below...
www.africarecordpool.com
RonDu 4:39 PM - 12 September, 2016
Quote:
Finally There Is An African Record Pool In Town Which Puts Most Of These Things Into Consideration.. Emphasis On "QUALITY" Just Visit The Site Via The Link Below...

www.africarecordpool.com

Is this only for Kenyan music?
Vin Jay Ace 4:48 PM - 12 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

www.africarecordpool.com

Is this only for Kenyan music?

No Its Not... Its Gonna Include All Genres Of Music At The Same Time Giving Space To More African Music
dele 7:12 PM - 3 October, 2016
I have been following with the discussion and I think I should also give some input. musicrity.com
ojay 8:13 PM - 2 November, 2016
Jjj
ojay 10:02 AM - 12 November, 2016
More Club Bangers please?
DJ Tof Music 7:44 AM - 25 November, 2016
I've followed the thread for a while now...getting most songs...your best bet would still be notjustok.com or tooexclusive.com...although usually 128kbps still poor tho. They have also stopped with the unnecessary watermarks.

I also just released an afrobeat mixtape with the latest club bangers and few hits from the past.
You can check it out on my souncloud at

www.soundcloud.com

Enjoy
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:31 PM - 25 November, 2016
Throwback Tune, Nigerian Crowd

Watchwww.youtube.com
dj abusco 4:19 PM - 30 November, 2016
Dj Marv shout out too you especially and not forgetting all my fellow djs here I have been following this discussion and I think that we are all doing our best to make sure we deliver when we are hired to play a gig and that tells me we all have one mind which is giving our audiences good music. usually I get all my music or most of my Nigerian songs from 360nob.com they are really good with new songs, especially for popular artist and I have checked the pools posted on here and most of them are still lacking behind and have not been updated yet. with that I think we should probably share music amongst ourselves here it is going to help especially since most of us are in the diaspora. also last but not the least there is a regional problem among Africans a lot so beware and make sure you always find out what part your client is coming from.
RonDu 6:00 PM - 30 November, 2016
Quote:
. also last but not the least there is a regional problem among Africans a lot so beware and make sure you always find out what part your client is coming from.

Learned that the hard way. Lesson well learned!
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:49 PM - 30 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
. also last but not the least there is a regional problem among Africans a lot so beware and make sure you always find out what part your client is coming from.

Learned that the hard way. Lesson well learned!

+1

Thats why i will always state the country/vibe when posting tracks here.

I remember doing a Zimbabwe party once and i thought i could get away with playing kwaito, south african and crossover afrobeats. I got told that day. Luckily one of the clients bro spotted me a USB loaded with tunes albeit from dodgy sources eg youtube, that saved the day.

I told myself never again
DJ Dee Money 3:51 AM - 22 December, 2016
Checking in!! Much love to all
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:54 AM - 22 December, 2016
Quote:

Dee Money Baba. I hail O.

Loving the live sets on mixcloud always in Beast Mode.
DJ Dee Money 3:59 AM - 23 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Dee Money Baba. I hail O.

Loving the live sets on mixcloud always in Beast Mode.

Thanks bro. How things with your end?
Efo Dela 5:10 PM - 23 February, 2017
I've stumbled across this tune. which is doing well on my sets
soundcloud.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:07 PM - 23 February, 2017
Been a while, top of my head

Run town - Mad Over You

Korede Bello - Do Like That (there is a remix with Kelly Rowland too)

Wande Coal X DJ Tunez - Iskaba

Wizkid - Daddy Yo

Tekno - Diana

Patoranking x Busy Signal - My Woman, My Everything (Remix)

Harrysongs - Samankwe

Harrysongs - Baba for the girls
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:09 PM - 23 February, 2017
Mr. Eazi - Leg Over
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:09 PM - 23 February, 2017
Quote:
I've stumbled across this tune. which is doing well on my sets
soundcloud.com

😎
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:11 PM - 23 February, 2017
Olamide x Davoolee - Pepper Dem Gang
ojay 1:19 PM - 2 March, 2017
Pepper dem gang
ojay 8:30 PM - 2 March, 2017
Ok
Deejay Midnite 10:15 AM - 6 March, 2017
Anybody know any current Afrobeats/African music record pool? africarecordpool.com was dope but it seems it's closed now...
ojay 3:17 PM - 12 March, 2017
Many
Deejay Midnite 6:17 PM - 12 March, 2017
Quote:
Many

Helpful thanks
ojay 11:03 PM - 18 March, 2017
Good Day to you all
ojay 11:08 PM - 18 March, 2017
David if and R2bees ft Wizkid Tonight
Dj Vasley 5:09 AM - 23 March, 2017
adf.ly

The African Joint Blog
DJ FireFlame 12:41 PM - 26 March, 2017
Great thread!

I happen to be friends with a top DJ in Nigeria who gets his tracks directly from artists and labels, so I get some of my playlists from him. Other tracks I download online.

I also happen to be a computer programmer, and have setup amdb.co which is like a database of african music, but I would like to setup a DJ pool as a subdivision. This pool would contain even unreleased tracks since we would get them first.

If anyone is interested, I would like to know what you think would be features of a standard DJ pool. And if you would be willing to pay a small subscription fee (say around $4) for site maintenance & bandwidth costs.

Lemme know.
Dj Vasley 3:41 PM - 28 March, 2017
Here are Some Tunes (Not Just Tunes But HiT TUNEZ) It's Free

theafricanjoint.blogspot.com
DJ Tof Music 8:58 PM - 12 May, 2017
Track Update

TITLE - ARTIST(S)
If - Davido - 105
Gimme Luv - Olamide ft, DJ Spinall - 110
Yawa - Tekno - 108
Rock your body - Burna Boy - 105
Daddy Yo -Wizkid - 99
Come Closer - Wizkid ft. Drake - 100
Tonight - Nonso Amadi - 98.1
Ballerz - Wande Coal - 113
Maradona - Niniola - 118
Juice - Ycee ft. Maleek Berry - 110
Kololo - Banky W - 121
Pass De Agbara – Skuki ft. DJ Mo - 110
Jurulo- Naira Marley ft. Serafu - 123
Body Bad - Viktoh - 98
Give Me Love - Skales Ft Tekno (Produced By Spellz) - 112
No Fake Love- Lil Kesh - 110
Ginger - Sona - 110
TERÉ TERÉ - Toofan - 110
Weh Done Sir – Falz -112
Penalty – Small Doctor - 125
say baba - CDQ -125
Legendury - Legendury Beatz ft. Timaya -124
Prayer - DMW ft. Mayorkun & Davido -120
In The Morning - Mr Eazi Ft. Big Lean -109

NB: I can't login to nigeriandjsrecordpool.com and i tried creating another account; no email was sent to me for verification. If any one can help please do.
DJ Tof Music 9:02 PM - 12 May, 2017
Quote:
Track Update

TITLE - ARTIST(S)
If - Davido - 105
Gimme Luv - Olamide ft, DJ Spinall - 110
Yawa - Tekno - 108
Rock your body - Burna Boy - 105
Daddy Yo -Wizkid - 99
Come Closer - Wizkid ft. Drake - 100
Tonight - Nonso Amadi - 98.1
Ballerz - Wande Coal - 113
Maradona - Niniola - 118
Juice - Ycee ft. Maleek Berry - 110
Kololo - Banky W - 121
Pass De Agbara – Skuki ft. DJ Mo - 110
Jurulo- Naira Marley ft. Serafu - 123
Body Bad - Viktoh - 98
Give Me Love - Skales Ft Tekno (Produced By Spellz) - 112
No Fake Love- Lil Kesh - 110
Ginger - Sona - 110
TERÉ TERÉ - Toofan - 110
Weh Done Sir – Falz -112
Penalty – Small Doctor - 125
say baba - CDQ -125
Legendury - Legendury Beatz ft. Timaya -124
Prayer - DMW ft. Mayorkun & Davido -120
In The Morning - Mr Eazi Ft. Big Lean -109

NB: I can't login to nigeriandjsrecordpool.com and i tried creating another account; no email was sent to me for verification. If any one can help please do.

Solo(remix) - Article Wan ft. Stonebwoy - 130

The number after the artist(s) is the BPM [guessing you figured out]
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:25 AM - 13 May, 2017
πŸ‘

That Tere Toofan track is fire
Waploaded.com - Mp3 Download 7:39 PM - 23 May, 2017
African Musics has gone Broad and Wide.

I take this as My constant site for Musics bothe foreign Hiphop and Nigerian Musics

www.waploaded.com
A-K 7:05 PM - 24 May, 2017
Let me know what you think of this Afrobeats mix

soundcloud.com
dj bushdog 7:14 AM - 31 May, 2017
Come closer wikis ft drake
Juice -ycee ft maleek berry
If davido
Waploaded.com - Mp3 Download 10:48 PM - 6 June, 2017
African Musics has gone Broad and Wide.

I take this as My constant site for Musics both foreign Hiphop and Nigerian Musics

m.waploaded.com
Dj Vasley 11:50 PM - 9 June, 2017
Davido - Fall
Runtown - For Life
L.A.X. - Run Away
DJ Tunez & Wande Coal - Iskaba
Rich Mavoko & Harmonize - Show Me
Waploaded.com - Mp3 Download 11:54 PM - 9 June, 2017
Tekno Samantha:
m.waploaded.com

Falz - Jeje
m.waploaded.com

More Musics Here
m.waploaded.com
Dj Vasley 11:55 PM - 9 June, 2017
Quote:
Tekno Samantha:
m.waploaded.com

Falz - Jeje
m.waploaded.com

More Musics Here
m.waploaded.com

You Got 320kbps?
Waploaded.com - Mp3 Download 12:47 AM - 10 June, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Tekno Samantha:
m.waploaded.com

Falz - Jeje
m.waploaded.com

More Musics Here
m.waploaded.com

You Got 320kbps?

Yes they are all CDQ (CD QUALITY)
DJ Andre 3:01 AM - 14 June, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Tekno Samantha:
m.waploaded.com

Falz - Jeje
m.waploaded.com

More Musics Here
m.waploaded.com

You Got 320kbps?

The waploaded drop ruins the song for us DJs. Might as well join the African Music Pool or buy the song off iTunes.

Yes they are all CDQ (CD QUALITY)
Waploaded.com - Mp3 Download 3:05 AM - 14 June, 2017
Waploaded.com is working on providing songs with no drop in it, i ll inform this thread when that is done. But even with tags, most DJs cherish it.
REDSELECTER 3:07 AM - 14 June, 2017
Quote:
Waploaded.com is working on providing songs with no drop in it, i ll inform this thread when that is done. But even with tags, most DJs cherish it.

no serious professional would play a track with someone else's drop in it
DJ Andre 3:15 AM - 14 June, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

no serious professional would play a track with someone else's drop in it

I agree! Might as well use afrobeat9ja.com
Waploaded.com - Mp3 Download 8:27 PM - 14 June, 2017
I do not Know if anyone here is interested in Kenyan / Tanzanian Songs?
m.waploaded.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:23 AM - 15 June, 2017
Waploaded

I will not use your mp3 if they have drops. I am skeptical about your quality too as most Nigerian blogs cut corners when sourcing music.
Ripping from YouTube and other free music blogs and reencoding at 320 doesn't mean it's quality.

I am now buying all my Afrobeats from iTunes with the hope that the copy submitted to iTunes is reasonable.

Its not your blogs fault but that of the artist and record label. I still receive promo emails from various artists and they attach a 128kbps mp3. It's straight to recycle bin.

If your blog has that much clout then you need to reach out to the artist and labels to let them know that any mp3 lower than 320kbps is highly unacceptable in this age and time. An average high quality Mp3 can't be more than 8-9mb in size versus the 3mb of 128. Data is cheap now.

If this is going to cost you more to host then consider starting a dj promo pool and charge djs to offset the extra cost.
Dj Vasley 9:46 PM - 15 June, 2017
Quote:
Waploaded

I will not use your mp3 if they have drops. I am skeptical about your quality too as most Nigerian blogs cut corners when sourcing music.
Ripping from YouTube and other free music blogs and reencoding at 320 doesn't mean it's quality.

I am now buying all my Afrobeats from iTunes with the hope that the copy submitted to iTunes is reasonable.

Its not your blogs fault but that of the artist and record label. I still receive promo emails from various artists and they attach a 128kbps mp3. It's straight to recycle bin.

If your blog has that much clout then you need to reach out to the artist and labels to let them know that any mp3 lower than 320kbps is highly unacceptable in this age and time. An average high quality Mp3 can't be more than 8-9mb in size versus the 3mb of 128. Data is cheap now.

If this is going to cost you more to host then consider starting a dj promo pool and charge djs to offset the extra cost.

WORD!!!
Tall_Man 1:17 AM - 22 June, 2017
American chiming in...longtime lurker first time poster. It would be nice to have a resource that provided quality mp3 files. Until then, I'll stick with iTunes. Although, I've managed to purchase songs that sounded like they were ripped straight from youtube. Here are some of the tracks that I am really enjoying. Some new, some not so new.

Wizkid - Sweet Love
Skales - Temper
WurlD - Show you off
Tekno - Rara

Singuila - Aye Mama
FABREGAS LE MÉTIS NOIR - MASCARA
Koffi Olomide - Selfie
pepe kalle - roger milla

C4 Pedro ft Sauti Sol - Love Again
Elida Almeida - Bersu d'Oru
Nelson Freitas ft Loony Johnson - That's Why I Love You
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:16 AM - 23 June, 2017
Quote:
American chiming in...longtime lurker first time poster. It would be nice to have a resource that provided quality mp3 files. Until then, I'll stick with iTunes. Although, I've managed to purchase songs that sounded like they were ripped straight from youtube. Here are some of the tracks that I am really enjoying. Some new, some not so new.

Wizkid - Sweet Love
Skales - Temper
WurlD - Show you off
Tekno - Rara

Singuila - Aye Mama
FABREGAS LE MÉTIS NOIR - MASCARA
Koffi Olomide - Selfie
pepe kalle - roger milla

C4 Pedro ft Sauti Sol - Love Again
Elida Almeida - Bersu d'Oru
Nelson Freitas ft Loony Johnson - That's Why I Love You

Welcome. Yeah the "itunes purchase sounding like a YouTube rip" is killing me too. One way to mitigate this is to avoid purchases from compilations. Make sure you buy singles or from albums.
DJ DIPSY 6:43 PM - 23 June, 2017
Hey guys... . New member here

Have you guys listened to

Say Baba remix - cdq ft dj maphorisa

The beat is 😍😍😍😍😍
ojay 3:25 AM - 26 June, 2017
I prefer the say baba without remix
RonDu 5:23 PM - 26 June, 2017
Wish I had a link to the artists themselves. On a big system most of these songs sound lke crap!
DJ Remy USA 3:35 PM - 27 June, 2017
Quote:
Wish I had a link to the artists themselves. On a big system most of these songs sound lke crap!

most of them do which is why I havent started playing Afro beat in my sets I cannot find high quality tracks anywhere and it wouldnt be a big deal but almost everything coming out now a days is heavily compressed and loud and the Afro beat tracks just arent competing. I love the music hoping the producers of the genre get it straight soon
Tall_Man 12:23 PM - 4 July, 2017
I'm not sure if this has been posted, but radio shows are a good resource for finding music. The show, 'Destination Africa' on BBC is excellent. Playlists for the shows are published.

www.bbc.co.uk
DJ Remy USA 3:36 PM - 4 July, 2017
where are the high quality files at though? tired of 128KB songs I refuse to play it
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:37 PM - 4 July, 2017
Quote:
where are the high quality files at though? tired of 128KB songs I refuse to play it

sitting on the hard drives of the producers lol. I've even started coming across shitty streams of Afrobeats on Spotify.

I mean why bother uploading to Spotify if it's gonna have the tag of a blog.

and I thought Spotify + Djay pro was a workaround. SMH.
REDSELECTER 8:40 PM - 4 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

sitting on the hard drives of the producers lol. I've even started coming across shitty streams of Afrobeats on Spotify.

I mean why bother uploading to Spotify if it's gonna have the tag of a blog.

and I thought Spotify + Djay pro was a workaround. SMH.

it's where dancehall and soca were 10 years ago - doing this same shite
Vin Jay Ace 9:37 PM - 4 July, 2017
Quote:
Anybody know any current Afrobeats/African music record pool? africarecordpool.com was dope but it seems it's closed now...

The Record Pool Had Some Technical Issues But Its Up & Running... Has Been For A Couple Of Weeks Now!
Dj Vasley 11:36 PM - 10 July, 2017
Diamond Platnumz - Eneka
Wizkid - Naugthy Ride
Vanessa Mdee - Gisela Feat. Mr. P
Eugy - Hold Tight
Dj Vasley 11:37 PM - 10 July, 2017
Diamond Platnumz - Eneka
Wizkid - Naugthy Ride
Vanessa Mdee - Kisela Feat. Mr. P
Eugy - Hold Tight
REDSELECTER 11:56 PM - 10 July, 2017
So I've noticed that way more of the popular afrobeats stuff now seems to be very R&B and/or dancehall flavoured and much less afrobeats-ish

(Please correct me if I'm wrong)

What kind of recommendations for new stuff similar to tracks like these:

Mavins - Adaobi and Dorobucci
TL Dreamz - Undi Da Ki Panha
P-Square - Collabo and Taste The Money
Bracket - Tonight

etc.
DJ Remy USA 5:41 PM - 14 July, 2017
Quote:
So I've noticed that way more of the popular afrobeats stuff now seems to be very R&B and/or dancehall flavoured and much less afrobeats-ish

Bracket - Tonight

etc.

That's what happens when something goes commercial but I can't hate on it. African music in any fashion makes me feel good as DJ when I can play it. Finally the producers are sourcing high quality mp3's
REDSELECTER 9:30 PM - 14 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Bracket - Tonight

etc.

That's what happens when something goes commercial but I can't hate on it. African music in any fashion makes me feel good as DJ when I can play it. Finally the producers are sourcing high quality mp3's

yeah but it makes it unremarkable - it works in their local market, but why are you going to play Nigerian Drake - nobody knows it outside of Africa and the diaspora.

On the other hand, EVERY party, club, etc. I go to in the Caribbean now is playing afrobeats mixed up with the soca and dancehall - but the afrobeats-sounding ones, not the R&B stuff.
Waploaded.com - Mp3 Download 12:22 AM - 16 July, 2017
[post removed]
Waploaded.com - Mp3 Download 10:43 PM - 16 July, 2017
[post removed]
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:18 AM - 17 July, 2017
Quote:
[post removed]

Now you are spamming!
REDSELECTER 2:25 PM - 17 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
[post removed]/quote]

Now you are spamming!

with bootleg downloads too
DJ Remy USA 5:50 AM - 18 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Bracket - Tonight

etc.

yeah but it makes it unremarkable - it works in their local market, but why are you going to play Nigerian Drake - nobody knows it outside of Africa and the diaspora.

On the other hand, EVERY party, club, etc. I go to in the Caribbean now is playing afrobeats mixed up with the soca and dancehall - but the afrobeats-sounding ones, not the R&B stuff.

I play to global audience so I can get away with playing the genre with authenticity. Problem is still getting high quality music files of those very authentic tracks. The overly commercial sounding ones are the only ones I can find in good quality. Please hip me
Tall_Man 2:53 AM - 19 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Bracket - Tonight

etc.

I play to global audience so I can get away with playing the genre with authenticity. Problem is still getting high quality music files of those very authentic tracks. The overly commercial sounding ones are the only ones I can find in good quality. Please hip me

Truthfully, iTunes is probably your best option as far as music. As Marv stated in a previous post, you just have to be cautious of the compilations on iTunes. Those can still have questionable audio files. To add to the confusion, there are a lot genres outside of 'Afrobeats'...(Kwaito, Soukous/N'Dombolo, Coupe De Cale, Bongo Flava...).
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:55 AM - 21 July, 2017
Pulselocker seems to have cleaned up and loads of "label release quality" afrobeats, if only the service will work properly.

There is a app/website called Soundiiz that can convert playlists from sources like Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music, Tidal, YouTube etc to Pulselocker and vice versa
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:10 AM - 30 July, 2017
Davido ft Young Thug & Rae Sremmurd - Pere (produced by DJ Mustard)

youtu.be

Davido - Fall youtu.be

Mr. Eazi (all his tracks = fire lol)

Babes Wodumo - Wololo

youtu.be

Flex B ft Olamide - Umbele

youtu.be
DJ Andre 1:34 PM - 31 July, 2017
Skin out by Mr. Eazi
Tall_Man 10:55 PM - 4 August, 2017
Naza - MMM
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:55 PM - 22 August, 2017
Mayorkun - Mama youtu.be (One of the biggest Afrobeats tune right now)

Olamide - Wo! youtu.be

Mayorkun ft Mr. Eazi - Love You Tire youtu.be

Harrysong - Arabanko youtu.be

Tiwa Savage x Dj Kaywise - Informate youtu.be

Fuse ODG - No Daylight youtu.be

Demarco ft Akon & Runtown - No Wahala youtu.be

Juls ft Maleek Berry - Early youtu.be

Falz ft YCee - Something Light youtu.be

Kobi Jonz ft Falz - Paddle youtu.be

Timaya ft Phyno & Olamide - Telli Person youtu.be

Young Jonn ft Lil Kesh - Bend Down Select youtu.be
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:47 AM - 17 September, 2017
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:49 AM - 17 September, 2017
Watchwww.youtube.com

MHD Afro Trap
Res-Q 10:31 PM - 20 September, 2017
cool tracks @ Marv check my website for dope mhd and afro edits
Ibrahim Olalekan 7:57 AM - 17 October, 2017
As for me, i downloaded all my african songs from any site but i can only recommend olatunes.com , olagist.co and some others
owenbrown 9:22 PM - 17 October, 2017
I always download all my south africa songs from jambaze.co
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:40 PM - 17 October, 2017
Quote:
I always download all my south africa songs from jambaze.co

I think the tracks are watermarked "exclusive from Jambaze. com"
owenbrown 1:25 AM - 20 October, 2017
<a href="jambaze.co is the future zip download</a> is the latest trending album in South Africa now.
ugobeatz 2:20 PM - 28 October, 2017
i am a Nigerian dj and i play afrobeats.. it is extremely hard to keep up with African music as they come out every week and African people are all about new hits.. you can have new 5 new hits every week. i am willing to tread info with anyone. maybe monthly updates via dm @ugobeatz or email bookugobeatz@gmail.com . what i want mostly are updates on hip hop RnB AND dancehall
Tylerbankz 8:51 PM - 10 November, 2017
As for me, i downloaded all my african songs from any site but i can only recommend gidi360.com , rapwide.com and some others
Tylerbankz 9:03 PM - 10 November, 2017
As for me, i downloaded all my african songs from any site but i can only recommend www.gidi360.com and www.rapwide.com
DJ ROZ OTT 12:39 AM - 11 November, 2017
Some good tracks to have in rotation for this weekend:

Wizkid ft Future - Everytime
Tiwa Savage ft Wizkid - Ma Lo
Diamond Platnumz - Eneka
Cassper Nyovest - Baby Girl

Davido - Fia just dropped today! Certified banger. It'll be hot this weekend if dropped at the right time during the night

What's working for you guys in the clubs??
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:39 PM - 12 November, 2017
Just checked our djcity.com trends and they now categorize Afrobeats.
That's some movement. I will check out the catalogue to see how deep it is.
owenbrown 7:15 PM - 15 November, 2017
Brand new wizkid track. Wizkid - Manya jambaze.co

Djs add to ur mix this is fire...