DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

The NEW MBP

MPC O.G. 12:42 AM - 10 March, 2015
This is UTTER insanity.....Time to start fucking fat broads.....
www.apple.com
Logisticalstyles 1:12 AM - 10 March, 2015
Technically it's not a MacBook Pro. It's just a Macbook.
MPC O.G. 1:39 AM - 10 March, 2015
They killed the PRO designation.
Joee 1:48 AM - 10 March, 2015
have you seen the $10,000 & $17,000 watch?
store.apple.com

besides some gold & maybe leather bands whats so different from the $350 model
store.apple.com

for $10,000 to $17,000 i can buy two Rolex or Breitling & still have change
Rebelguy 1:59 AM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:

Can you please link to where they say this?
MPC O.G. 3:02 AM - 10 March, 2015
@Rebelguy, I BELIEVE I read that in an article in FORBES today. They are ALL going to be made this way now. Will see if I can dig one of them up after work tomorrow.
The Return of Dj Sparky 3:03 AM - 10 March, 2015
1 port to rule them all,

it charges through the only available usb port so when your battery is running low you'll have to disconnect something if you have it connected,

Also I think i found their product designer
tinyurl.com
DJ DisGrace 3:46 AM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:
it charges through the only available usb port so when your battery is running low you'll have to disconnect something if you have it connected,

Just a way to make you buy more adapters...
store.apple.com
Gio Alex 3:47 AM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:
Technically it's not a MacBook Pro. It's just a Macbook.

Not even close to a pro. It's underpowered like a mofo. Processor is inferior to the macbook airs. It's like a glorified MBA. It reminds me of the first series of MBA. They cost more than MacBooks and MBP at the time but the specs were awful. Not to mention this new Macbook has a proprietary adapter and probably other shit too.
DJ Irv 10:21 AM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:
have you seen the $10,000 & $17,000 watch?
store.apple.com

People were getting knocked out for iPads around my way. That watch will get people killed in the hood for sure.

The new Macbook: I hope it doesn't sell because if it's a success it will encourage apple to remove ports from other macs as well. Apple makes a killing off of Thunderbolt adapters and it hasn't gone unnoticed by stock investors.
DJ Remix Detroit 11:26 AM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:

They didnt kill the Pro version. This Mac Book is designed for a certain demographic that wants a light and thin laptop without all the bells and whistles. Its got a hefty price tag though at $1299.

I think Apple has seriously lost touch with reality. Steve Jobs would be rolling over in his grave if he saw what was going on.

Watchm.youtube.com
popnwave 12:24 PM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Just a way to make you buy more adapters...

Not really, when you jump on board with a new standard it's always like that. And it's not like Apple is the only one wanting USB-C :/ They are just to the first to put it on a flagship product.

While the new MacBook looks great for mobile computing, I certainly have no desire to use it for playing music, especially music videos.
SELECT 2:00 PM - 10 March, 2015
This is not a laptop for DJn, audio production. They have macbook "pros" for that. It looks nice though. Would be great for students and people who need it for business.
SELECT 2:15 PM - 10 March, 2015
And the new macbook pros are out! store.apple.com
Rebelguy 3:57 PM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:

Not the 15 inch model
Gio Alex 4:15 PM - 10 March, 2015
I'm still having trouble understanding why even have a 128GB MBP Retina. Why not start them at 256? 128GB is nothing these days. Which is fine if you're using an air, but to put "PRO" title in there and offer 128GB is ridiculous. Even the old Macbooks from 2007 started with 160. it's 2015, c'mon!
Will08272 4:23 PM - 10 March, 2015
Usb type c is going to become the new usb standard nothing to worry about. They will have cables ready once more pc makers make laptops with the newport so no backwards compatibility will lost. The 15 inch retina wasnt updated yesturday because the quad core versions of the broadwell processors arent ready yet and most manufacturers are waiting for the skylake processors which are due in the second half of the year so the 15inch retina and other laptops and machines which use quadcore processors will be updated then. Just newer ports being made all around and nothing will stop working and also laptops will be thinner and retain the power they have now. Also usb type c is replacing the need for machines to have all different kinds of different ports, it can handel power, video, audio, and data transfer all from one port. So machines will just have several usb type c ports thats all.
skinnyguy 6:15 PM - 10 March, 2015
oh no. now we need serato to be compatible with usb-c. =P

this lappy is for people that only surf the web and prefer to see things how they are meant to be seen (desktop way, not mobile) and light word processing. because surfing on ios or other mobile devices isn't always great.
Gio Alex 6:22 PM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:

this lappy is for people that only surf the web and prefer to see things how they are meant to be seen (desktop way, not mobile) and light word processing. because surfing on ios or other mobile devices isn't always great.

So are they fazing out the macbook airs? Because that was the whole purpose of those models. What you described above lol
Will08272 6:29 PM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

So are they fazing out the macbook airs? Because that was the whole purpose of those models. What you described above lol

Eventually, gotta milk it while you can. Same as the fabled ipad pro, which will have a similar sized albeit different aspect ratio then this and run ios and probably some touch enabled version of osx or osxi whatever it ends up being. This and the ipad pro will probably be to seperate devices that merge into one in a couple of years. Either way good on apple for pushing usb type c the sooner devices release with it the better.
DJMark 11:58 PM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Not the 15 inch model

Intel doesn't have any suitable updated quad-core CPU's yet.

I don't get the hysteria over the new MacBook, fanned by at least one really stupid piece of click-bait that circulated in the last day or so. It's not as though that's all Apple is making now. It's obviously not suited for any performance-intensive use, but for a lot of people it's probably all the computer they need. And with the nice new design, it will probably sell extremely well.
DjWoody 7:04 AM - 11 March, 2015
The new MacBook is essentially an iPad with Keyboard minus the touchscreen.

gizmodo.com
DJ Remix Detroit 1:05 PM - 11 March, 2015
Quote:

gizmodo.com

Pretty much. Lol. A $1300 ipad.
Gio Alex 3:17 PM - 11 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

gizmodo.com

Pretty much. Lol. A $1300 ipad.

Yup, been saying that. lol it's an ipad pro
Code:E 6:23 PM - 11 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

They never said that.

This new mac is a new line of macbooks.
Gio Alex 6:42 PM - 11 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

They never said that.

This new mac is a new line of macbooks.

Yup.

That cost more than pros and airs. Macbook Plus. lol

I dunno why the title even states "MBP" when it's a macbook.
MPC O.G. 3:29 AM - 12 March, 2015
That was in an article I saw right after the unveiling. Sorry to misinform. It was NOT intentional.