Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Latest News: Feb 2015

1:10 AM, 25 Feb 2015
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
DJ Compiler 11:33 PM - 26 February, 2015
Stoked for the beta!!!!
aletorvenum 1:20 AM - 27 February, 2015
Pls I have a serato dj licence,can i use it with my pioneer djm900nxs?
Instead of purchasing the club kit.
djcrap 1:36 AM - 27 February, 2015
so Is

EQ Coloured waveform options.

the buffer king easter egg ?

Is the echo out distortion fixed?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:38 AM - 27 February, 2015
You will also need to purchase a DVS Expansion Pack license to use the DJM-900NXS with Serato DJ - it requires both this and Serato DJ.

The Club Kit is a license bundle that contains both Serato DJ + DVS licenses.

Sam.
DeBassman 2:24 AM - 27 February, 2015
Support for CD + G (Karaoke) Files!! Kudos to you Serato! Thank you!
Jam-Master Jake 2:38 AM - 27 February, 2015
I'm wondering the same thing as djcrap: is the "EQ Colored Waveform Options" essentially the same thing as the Buffer King easter egg? If so, that's freaking AWESOME!!!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:44 AM - 27 February, 2015
That's right ^^
DER_FICH 3:06 AM - 27 February, 2015
Thank you sooo much 4 the new features, I´m realy lokking forwart to!!!
DJ Matty Stiles 3:08 AM - 27 February, 2015
I own a Rane 62 and SL3 what do I need to buy to use club kit? Just the club kit or anything else like licenses etc. sorry im a little confused
DJ Compiler 3:20 AM - 27 February, 2015
If you want to unlock the mixers listed in the post to be able to use them like you use your Rane 62 you need the Serato Club Kit

Serato Club Kit = SDJ License + DVS Expansion
DJ Matty Stiles 4:11 AM - 27 February, 2015
Thanks bro ^

Hope serato come out with a YouTube vid about club kit if it's any more complicated than plug and play (like if there's possible firmware updates, what you need to do to get up and running). I'm just hoping to plug mixer to computer and switch line to USB and BAM
Jean-Noel 4:40 AM - 27 February, 2015
After more than one month since the first announcement Serato release another one to say take a look next week will probably give you a date ?
Really you guys need to look again at the meaning of "soon" lol
DJ Matty Stiles 5:03 AM - 27 February, 2015
Hey Serato, can I clear something up with you? When you say club kit will be available to trail or purchase, do you mean that you can trial it with the beta, and purchase it with the full version? Does that then mean that in about a week we can buy club kit and use it for the real, bona fide version?
Davideon 6:29 AM - 27 February, 2015
How does EQ coloured waveforms benefit anyone? It's a pointless gimmick.

Spend your time on updates that people actually want
DJ Compiler 6:31 AM - 27 February, 2015
People wanted it. Plus it was probably a fairly easy thing to add

serato.com
Serato, Support
Martin C 6:32 AM - 27 February, 2015
Hey DJ Matty Stiles,

When the beta is released you will be able to try or buy the club kit in 1.7.4 beta. If you should decide to buy it then obviously your license will remain valid when 1.7.4 reaches final release.

It doesn't meant that if you buy the club kit that you can use these mixers in 1.7.3 though.

I personally recommend simply trying it during the beta first and deciding if you think you'll make use out of it. Then it's entirely up to you if you wish to purchase it in advance or wait until final release.

Alternatively if beta versions aren't your thing then you can wait before trying anything out :)
Serato, Support
Martin C 6:36 AM - 27 February, 2015
Hey BBD we've actually had a significant amount of people request it as DJ Compiler points out.

It may not be an interesting feature for you, but that doesn't mean others won't enjoy it.
Davideon 6:36 AM - 27 February, 2015
Quote:
People wanted it. Plus it was probably a fairly easy thing to add

serato.com

Not many. And compared to all the other updates asked for this has to be the most useless.

The 2 latest threads about wanted updates didn't mention it at all. It might be easy to implement but so is changing the scroll bar colour: which has been asked for by a significantly higher amount of people than wanted this.

and something like smart sub crates or key transpose are NEEDED
Serato, Support
Martin C 6:42 AM - 27 February, 2015
Sure, there are always other things that others will want. We had an opportunity to implement this feature this release so we took it. It doesn't mean we won't do other things that people request but we all have different priorities and preferences when it comes to DJing.

I could say I'm not particularly interested in changing the scroll bar color but I'd understand if that happened before features I would like to see in the software.
Davideon 6:46 AM - 27 February, 2015
Come on Martin. If this feature was actually a benefit you wouldn't have set it up to only be accessible by a hidden code.
Serato, Support
Martin C 6:48 AM - 27 February, 2015
By the way Matty Stiles, I should let you know that with some club kit mixers, there some extra steps you will have to follow that you might not be used to with your Rane mixer.

We plan to make videos and various support content to help users with this by the time we reach final release. During beta however we'd love to hear peoples experiences on trying to set up - as the experience differs between mixers and their design.

Happy to help you in the beta area if you do decide to try it out.
Serato, Support
Martin C 6:56 AM - 27 February, 2015
Come on BBD. Yes the developer who initially implemented this in ITCH, did it for a bit of fun in a hidden way.

It became popular and requested as a useful mixing aid so it's been implemented as a fully fledged feature in the setup screen.

If this feature didn't benefit anyone, we wouldn't have bothered to implement it in this version at all.

I can already see two people on this blog post that find it useful. I would like to think being able to see a visual representation of your tracks frequencies with real time response to your EQ controls would be useful to somebody.
Special ed 7:06 AM - 27 February, 2015
beat jump A+ EQ color waveform fantastic especially for the lows
Sand 7:59 AM - 27 February, 2015
DVS For NS7 2?
DJ Saul'O 8:08 AM - 27 February, 2015
I have had issues. I hope that the new update will fix all that. I had a conversation with a Serato Rep. in the past so he mention the new version is more stable.

The Split Cue does not work properly (Does not split). I have recently upgraded my whole system. I started by switching OS X Snow Leopard to OS X Mountain Lion V. 10.8.5 (Perfect Installation No issues at all). Now while I was using snow leopard and Serato DJ 1.6.3 the Numark NS6 was using driver V. 2.2.6 and I had not a single issue everything was working flawlessly. The reason why I did upgrade my OS-X was because I wanted to be able to use the midi output lighting on my LaunchPad S or other midi devices that I normally use to work with the SP6 and because I’m planning to use Serato Video and DVS as well. Once I made sure everything was working on my system (Serato DJ 1.6.3) I decide to update Serato DJ to the newest version 1.7.3 using now Driver V. 3.2.0. One of the first things that I noticed was that the CPU meter is super high, secondly was the split cue, when I switch ON to split cue on the NS6, the sound of the playing track (Master Sound), still playing on both (L-R) sides. There is not split at all, I even tried with the mixer set on mono and there was no change. I tried to adjust it on the Setup panel under Monitoring and the Master Cue and Split Cue buttons are disable (Why ???). I also noticed that the cued channel sound output to the monitor is very, very low, and the playing track is super loud overpowering the cued channel. This is definitely a software issue, since the NS6 is also a stand alone mixer I have check the inputs hardware using analog devices (CD Decks - TT's etc) and the Cue monitor works great on split mode. I reverse the driver to the previous version 2.2.6 to see if it was a driver issue but there was no change. So I decide to uninstall Serato DJ 1.7.3 and go back to V. 1.6.3 and guess what? The split mode works normally just like when I was running Snow Leopard for a fact I know my OS-X meets all the requirements for the software. I have never ever had issues with previous versions (1.6...) until I started using (1.7.3) and there is nothing more frustrating than having no idea what is going on and it is also very annoying that I can't monitor on my headset. I normally use split function on any mixer, I use my headset in order to control the volume and no damage my hearing with loud monitors. Could you please look into this issue or tell me what’s the best way to be able to only monitor on my headphones. For now I’m back using S-DJ V. 1.6.3 either with driver 2.2.6 or 3.2.0 I have tested both drivers and everything works nicely. I haven’t tried to use other computer since this one is only and mainly just for Djing, I really would like to take advantage of the newest version of Serato DJ and expand my setup, but for now I’m stuck with the old version.

Apple Mac Book-Pro
Mountain Lion V. 10.8.5 (12F4S)
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53 GHz
8 GB RAM 1067 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB

Numark NS6
Inputs 2
Output 4
Clock Rate 44.1 kHz
Driver Version 2.2.6
Firmware Version 1.0.3 (k1)

Thank you for all your help please keep me posted, I would really appreciate if this issue gets fix.

Best Regards to all.

DJ Saul'O
www.djsaulo.com
dj wayne0 8:45 AM - 27 February, 2015
Most Important thing for me is the distortion on the fx has there been any changes to the echo out effect I use this a lot but you never know how it will react sometimes works as it should but also a lot of the time it just sounds distorted.thanks
DJ Matty Stiles 8:59 AM - 27 February, 2015
Martin, Thanks for being a bloody legend and answering my questions in great detail!

Would love to help out with BETA but can't risk it in clubs unfortunately, gotta wait for the full version. All my mates use Pioneer mixers so I'll see if i can help out with BETA testing at their place if i get the opportunity and let the Serato team know how i go

I'll just buy it straight away most likely :) There's nothing worse than trying to set up your SL3 in a cramped booth, which is why unfortunately a lot of people in my scene have gone the USB / rekordbox way.

This will be a lifesaver, one of the best thing's you've ever done, and I've been using your products since probably earlier than 2009

I hope these extra steps don't apply to the DJM 900 as thats the ubiquitous club mixer over here. Very much looking forard to some quality youtube vids taking the club kit instillation step by step. I'm subscribed to your youtube channel and I'll keep my eyes peeled!

On an entirely different note, good luck in the cricket tomorrow, should be a rippa!
dj wayne0 10:40 AM - 27 February, 2015
Most Important thing for me is the distortion on the fx has there been any changes to the echo out effect I use this a lot but you never know how it will react sometimes works as it should but also a lot of the time it just sounds distorted.thanks
A_Jack 10:41 AM - 27 February, 2015
Nice update! Please try to fix echo distortion problems in the upcoming releases.
deejay roulette 2:33 PM - 27 February, 2015
How about the ability to change cue point led color on ns7 2 ???
musiclee 3:31 PM - 27 February, 2015
Buffer King is pretty damn cool...

here is good link to see how to activate, and how it works:

Watchwww.youtube.com
musiclee 3:33 PM - 27 February, 2015
will it or does it work with Rane MP-25?
Martin, Samuel?

my MP25 is resting this month till it gets the SDJ Club Kit :-)
Davideon 5:21 PM - 27 February, 2015
Quote:
Come on BBD. Yes the developer who initially implemented this in ITCH, did it for a bit of fun in a hidden way.

It became popular and requested as a useful mixing aid so it's been implemented as a fully fledged feature in the setup screen.

If this feature didn't benefit anyone, we wouldn't have bothered to implement it in this version at all.

I can already see two people on this blog post that find it useful. I would like to think being able to see a visual representation of your tracks frequencies with real time response to your EQ controls would be useful to somebody.

it's probably because I'm of the ilk who still uses his ears for mixing
Adrianotic 6:14 PM - 27 February, 2015
Please, Day/Night option!!!!!
djdannyd 6:22 PM - 27 February, 2015
support for MP3+G Karaoke files????? REALLY???? What about the bridge for SDJ??????????????
Trippy 6:25 PM - 27 February, 2015
Plaese download lin serato dj 1.7.4 beta
blackavenger 6:39 PM - 27 February, 2015
Bummer...still no SP-6 advancements :-/

Oh well, at least the FLAC artwork bug is finally getting fixed.
Rob Stylz 6:50 PM - 27 February, 2015
HUGE THANKS for adding mp3+g support for karaoke.

If you guys are ever in town, lunch is on me!

Much Love.
skinnyguy 6:55 PM - 27 February, 2015
does it support zipped karaoke files or do they have to be unzipped?
938MyDJ 7:29 PM - 27 February, 2015
The EQ Coloured waveform options (formerly Buffer King) is a biggie!

If there's a chance to add the -/+ 6, 10, 16, 100, to the SZ, and/or SX/SX2 that would be lovelier!
djcrap 7:38 PM - 27 February, 2015
The eq coloured waveform

Did say buffer king

Now i can beat grid tracks easily using eq coloured waveform as avisual aid.
Step 1 turn down the highs and mids. Boom you are left with the low= kick drums to line them with the beat grid lines .

I can also use it as a mixing aid

Thanks serato!

Am a happy camper
Davideon 7:46 PM - 27 February, 2015
Quote:

Lol
Dj cuervo 8:18 PM - 27 February, 2015
Finally Karaoke Support!!! KICK ROCKS Virtual DJ!!! Thanks Serato!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dj cuervo 8:37 PM - 27 February, 2015
Quote:

Great question??
Telony Ex 8:48 PM - 27 February, 2015
Man. Wat will it take to fix the sp6 sampler from cutting off wen bank is switched
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:35 PM - 27 February, 2015
Quote:
I have had issues. I hope that the new update will fix all that. I had a conversation with a Serato Rep. in the past so he mention the new version is more stable.

The Split Cue does not work properly (Does not split). I have recently upgraded my whole system. I started by switching OS X Snow Leopard to OS X Mountain Lion V. 10.8.5 (Perfect Installation No issues at all). Now while I was using snow leopard and Serato DJ 1.6.3 the Numark NS6 was using driver V. 2.2.6 and I had not a single issue everything was working flawlessly. The reason why I did upgrade my OS-X was because I wanted to be able to use the midi output lighting on my LaunchPad S or other midi devices that I normally use to work with the SP6 and because I’m planning to use Serato Video and DVS as well. Once I made sure everything was working on my system (Serato DJ 1.6.3) I decide to update Serato DJ to the newest version 1.7.3 using now Driver V. 3.2.0. One of the first things that I noticed was that the CPU meter is super high, secondly was the split cue, when I switch ON to split cue on the NS6, the sound of the playing track (Master Sound), still playing on both (L-R) sides. There is not split at all, I even tried with the mixer set on mono and there was no change. I tried to adjust it on the Setup panel under Monitoring and the Master Cue and Split Cue buttons are disable (Why ???). I also noticed that the cued channel sound output to the monitor is very, very low, and the playing track is super loud overpowering the cued channel. This is definitely a software issue, since the NS6 is also a stand alone mixer I have check the inputs hardware using analog devices (CD Decks - TT's etc) and the Cue monitor works great on split mode. I reverse the driver to the previous version 2.2.6 to see if it was a driver issue but there was no change. So I decide to uninstall Serato DJ 1.7.3 and go back to V. 1.6.3 and guess what? The split mode works normally just like when I was running Snow Leopard for a fact I know my OS-X meets all the requirements for the software. I have never ever had issues with previous versions (1.6...) until I started using (1.7.3) and there is nothing more frustrating than having no idea what is going on and it is also very annoying that I can't monitor on my headset. I normally use split function on any mixer, I use my headset in order to control the volume and no damage my hearing with loud monitors. Could you please look into this issue or tell me what’s the best way to be able to only monitor on my headphones. For now I’m back using S-DJ V. 1.6.3 either with driver 2.2.6 or 3.2.0 I have tested both drivers and everything works nicely. I haven’t tried to use other computer since this one is only and mainly just for Djing, I really would like to take advantage of the newest version of Serato DJ and expand my setup, but for now I’m stuck with the old version.

Apple Mac Book-Pro
Mountain Lion V. 10.8.5 (12F4S)
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53 GHz
8 GB RAM 1067 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB

Numark NS6
Inputs 2
Output 4
Clock Rate 44.1 kHz
Driver Version 2.2.6
Firmware Version 1.0.3 (k1)

Thank you for all your help please keep me posted, I would really appreciate if this issue gets fix.

Best Regards to all.

DJ Saul'O
www.djsaulo.com

Hey Saul'O,

Have you been in touch with out support team? They can most likely look into what's going wrong for you and help out. You can open a help request here: support.serato.com

Sam.
DeBassman 1:51 AM - 28 February, 2015
What about the question of the Karaoke files being Zipped or not? Will Serato DJ 1.7.4 play both?
Dokumentary 4:40 AM - 28 February, 2015
+1 from me on the Buffer King. It will be awesome for beatgridding my tunes. I'm hoping it works in offline mode still...
Sand 9:41 AM - 28 February, 2015
Quote:
DVS For NS7 2?

Any response on this Serato?
blackavenger 3:03 PM - 28 February, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Lol

I was expecting (hoping) that Mr. Goodkat would see/respond to that, BBD ;-)
Jason Jaso 3:41 PM - 28 February, 2015
Waiting to be able to use the EFX with the mics on the my DDJ.... That would be very useful for many..
Trippy 4:24 PM - 28 February, 2015
Please download link serato dj 1.7.4 beta
DJ ROMO MIAMI 9:02 PM - 28 February, 2015
@martin or @serato Is the echo out distortion ever going to be fixed? I had to go back to scratch Live at the club after trying to echo out whats going on with that
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:51 PM - 28 February, 2015
Quote:
How about the ability to change cue point led color on ns7 2 ???

Yes, in this version you will have different colors for the HOT CUE mode on the Numark NS7II.

Quote:
will it or does it work with Rane MP-25?
Martin, Samuel?

my MP25 is resting this month till it gets the SDJ Club Kit :-)

No, the Rane MP25 is not supported by Serato DJ. We currently have no plans to do so. As we have already spoken about this at length: serato.com, you are aware that this will only become likely if there is a large demand for it.

Quote:

Sorry, but you will have to unzip the files in order to play them in Serato DJ.

Quote:
@martin or @serato Is the echo out distortion ever going to be fixed? I had to go back to scratch Live at the club after trying to echo out whats going on with that

Unfortunately there has been no further improvements on the Echo distortion level.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 12:24 AM - 1 March, 2015
Quote:
Please download link serato dj 1.7.4 beta

This will be available when the beta is available - this is just a news post about what's happening in the next week or so.
Sand 10:13 AM - 1 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
DVS For NS7 2?

Any response on this Serato?

Still waiting.
DJCrank 4:29 PM - 1 March, 2015
Can we please get an option to clear the played songs in one crate or select the songs you want to clear, not all or none option.
Lou Dj 4:48 PM - 1 March, 2015
Wow ..... I'm Very happy. Now i try
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:12 PM - 1 March, 2015
Sorry guys, DVS support for the Numark NS7II is not in this release.
Jam-Master Jake 10:56 PM - 1 March, 2015
I was under the impression that DVS support for the NS7 II wasn't happening, as the hardware couldn't support it. Did that change?
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:12 PM - 1 March, 2015
Where did you get that idea from? Formal work is yet to be carried out on that feature so its currently hard to say whether there are any issues or not preventing it from happening - but on paper I believe the sound card is technically capable of doing it.
Jam-Master Jake 11:57 PM - 1 March, 2015
I'll see if I can dig up the direct quote, but it's been posted on here...from at least one SERATO EMPLOYEE...that the NS7 II didn't support DVS. The discussion happened about a year ago when the DDJ-SZ hit the scene and all the NS7 II users were going "what about us?" Now that the DVS expansion pack has shown up, that may have changed.

And no, I'm not making it up. :)
Serato, Support
Martin C 3:14 AM - 2 March, 2015
All good man, I believe you :) There may have been some confusion or uncertainty earlier on and to be fair I still don't have a very solid answer for you now either. All I can really say for 100% sure is, its in progress!
DJ ROMO MIAMI 3:19 AM - 2 March, 2015
@martin When is the beta release date exited to help and provide feedback. I'm in hopes that the echo out feature is as effective as it was in scratch live with out distortion. Please let me know the day next week
Serato, Support
Martin C 3:43 AM - 2 March, 2015
Sorry ROMO MIAMI,

I don't want to say when exactly, because I'll be held to that :) As you may understand the nature of software is that unexpected things can come up, so we may not be able to meet the exact date if I give one.

If you follow us on Facebook/Twitter you'll definitely see the announcement and won't miss out I promise!
xthestreams 5:28 AM - 2 March, 2015
Game changing! Bring on the beta - I have my DB4, DJM 850 and a 900nexus all lined up ready to test! Let's hope that OS X support isn't a problem or I'm screwed!

This could be the thing that kills Traktor for me (that and support for Pioneer XDJ1k/2k's!)

Innovating FTW
Edwin Altamirano VDJ 3:32 PM - 2 March, 2015
Hi Serato , I hope fix issues with SERATO VIDEO , make work all videos resolution like videos on 1280x720 or HD 1920x1080 and more formats like .dat ... VIRTUAL DJ play this resolution but i like Serato more ......thanks i hope you help...
Att
Edwin Altamirano
Quito-Ecuador
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:54 PM - 2 March, 2015
Hello Edwin,

Unfortunately your information doesn't help me to help you. In the last beta I asked you several questions and made some suggestions as to how we could progress forward, but you did not reply: serato.com

I understand there may be a language barrier which is making it hard for us to communicate, but I think there are other methods we could use and if you are willing to make a video or something similar we might be able to solve your issues.

Thanks!
DJ Compiler 10:30 PM - 2 March, 2015
Can you at least help him change his username Martin. It makes him look like he doesn't know how computers work.
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:42 PM - 2 March, 2015
I like Edwins username, its memorable.
Edwin Altamirano VDJ 10:52 PM - 2 March, 2015
Hi Martin C ..... what you dont understand .... I only say if SERATO will be able to play back Videos with Resolution 1280x720 or higher ...Because only work Great with videos resolution 720x480 ........Thanks ..... And please yes help me changing my user name I dont now how.....
DJ Compiler 10:58 PM - 2 March, 2015
¿Tienes otras problemas con Serato Edwin? Si Martin no puede entender tu problema, puedo decirlo para ti. Yo hablo el poquito de español porque mi novia esta una peruana. Es mas fácil para ti en esta manera?
Edwin Altamirano VDJ 11:06 PM - 2 March, 2015
Mi Ingles no es el mejor pero claramente esta detallado .......Porque Serato Video no reproduce correctamente Videos con una Resolucion mayor de lo al tamaño permitido 720x480 ...... Virtual Dj Reproduce cualquier video sin problemas en cualquier tamaño de resolucion y cualquier formato .......

Hi Martin C ..... what you dont understand .... I only say if SERATO will be able to play back Videos with Resolution 1280x720 or higher ...Because only work Great with videos resolution 720x480 ........Thanks ..... And please yes help me changing my user name I dont now how.....

Thanks
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:07 PM - 2 March, 2015
1.7.4 Public Beta is available here now: serato.com
DJ Compiler 11:39 PM - 2 March, 2015
Entiendo. Pienso que Martin entienda esos detalles de tu cuento tambien. Mi español no está el mejor tampoco.

Pudes decirme que sucedió con un video de resolución bien grande. ¿Va lentamente o te parece de menos cualidad?

Tambien Martin va a querer a saber el tipo de computadora tienes. El nombre del procesador, el talle de RAM, y el OS (Mac/Windows).
DJ Compiler 11:39 PM - 2 March, 2015
*puedes
Serato, Support
Martin C 8:50 AM - 3 March, 2015
Hola Edwin,

¿alguna vez has creado una solicitud de ayuda para su problema? Tenemos una persona que habla español en nuestro equipo de soporte que podría ayudar aún más.

Por favor haz clic aquí para hacer una solicitud de ayuda y alguien puede ayudarle a: support.serato.com
Trippy 9:17 AM - 3 March, 2015
Please link download serato dj 1.7.4 beta
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:18 AM - 3 March, 2015
Here is the Public Beta area: serato.com
Edwin Altamirano VDJ 12:54 PM - 3 March, 2015
Hi Martín C
I tried beta build 1.7.4 i need ask you of you can make some changes please like!!!!
The Multi color Led on HotCue are great on NS7 II when i change 2 función hotCue loop and activate 1 pad nothing indicate that is active please can you make pad color blink when i actívate hotCue loop on .
Thanks i will be ussing SDJ1.7.4 and Tell you something else thanks
DJ Shash'U 4:15 PM - 3 March, 2015
Quote:
Man. Wat will it take to fix the sp6 sampler from cutting off wen bank is switched

same here!

Hey Serato team,
so..
- I just purchased a djm-850k, I also own an SL2. If I want to use my 850 with SDJ, Do I just need the DVS expansion or the whole DJClubKit ?

- I noticed, in SDJ 1.7.2, when reordering tracks in a crate,the tracklist jumps back to where the moved track used to be.. the "center on track" option is off. I won't be surprised if it has already been handled hehe.

- I dream of using Bridge again. or At least,.. that Ableton Live audio output can be routed out to a serato sound card with SDJ in use. That would be mega dope. In my case, I don't mind not having a section of Live in SDJ, weird huh!

Thanks
DJ ROMO MIAMI 4:53 PM - 3 March, 2015
@martin please review my aka AMX feedback on the discussion thread when you have a chance, and thanks for the beta excited about it!!!!! :D
xthestreams 1:47 AM - 4 March, 2015
My Xone:DB4 and RP-8000s worked great together! This is starting to look like the end of Traktor for me (still trying to wrap my head around Serato's - to me, slightly funky - workflow/UX).

Having said that, I can't get my DJM-850 to recognise the control vinyl, am going to reboot and see if that helps. Anyone else got their DJM-850 running?
Serato, Support
Martin C 2:22 AM - 4 March, 2015
@ Edwin, sorry we have no plans to change the spec of the lighting in Hot Loop mode for the NS7II currently.

@DJ Shash'U,

Quote:
I just purchased a djm-850k, I also own an SL2. If I want to use my 850 with SDJ, Do I just need the DVS expansion or the whole DJClubKit

You need to purchase the whole Club Kit to use your DJM-850 without having to bring your Rane SL2.

Quote:
I noticed, in SDJ 1.7.2, when reordering tracks in a crate,the tracklist jumps back to where the moved track used to be.. the "center on track" option is off. I won't be surprised if it has already been handled hehe.

Without being 100% sure on the detail of the issue, I think it is something we are aware of already. I'd really appreciate if you raised any specific bugs in a report though please.

Quote:
I dream of using Bridge again. or At least,.. that Ableton Live audio output can be routed out to a serato sound card with SDJ in use. That would be mega dope. In my case, I don't mind not having a section of Live in SDJ, weird huh!

Technically there is nothing stopping you routing Ableton Live to your Serato DJ supported sound device as is. Have you tried it? But yes, would be great to have some aspects of The Bridge come back into Serato DJ at some point. Not this release though.

@DJ ROMO MIAMI,

Appreciate the feedback, but sorry, its really unlikely I will have time to check out your discussion in the near future, there are many beta reports I have to attend to.
Serato, Support
Martin C 2:24 AM - 4 March, 2015
Hey xthestreams,

Quote:
Having said that, I can't get my DJM-850 to recognise the control vinyl, am going to reboot and see if that helps. Anyone else got their DJM-850 running?

You might need to go to the audio tab on Serato DJ, click on the CUSTOM button to then launch the DJM-850 utility panel. This will then allow you to choose PHONO or CDJ for each input of the mixer.
bcatdclub 5:34 AM - 4 March, 2015
How about the bridge to use with Ableton 9.2?
xthestreams 7:30 AM - 4 March, 2015
Thanks Martin - i had fooled around with that, it looks like shutting down Serato and THEN running the DJM utility worked better- JUST SPUN MY FIRST DJM-850 MIX AND AM TOTALLY STOKED!

Things got more interesting when I moved to the DJM 900 without shutting down Serato first - total meltdown (OS X) and had to force quit - hardly a surprise and NOT something I expect would happen every day but good to know!

Quote:
Hey xthestreams,

Quote:
You might need to go to the audio tab on Serato DJ, click on the CUSTOM button to then launch the DJM-850 utility panel. This will then allow you to choose PHONO or CDJ for each input of the mixer.
xthestreams 7:54 AM - 4 March, 2015
Got my 4 CDJ 200 nexus hooked up to the DJM 900, initial thoughts;
1. the Play/Pause implementation substantially better than Traktor (proper vinyl mode spin down - NICE!)
2. Reverse - it works!
3. The Brake and Start adjustments work (though the calibration is very different to native CDJ mode)
4. moving from Vinyl to CDJ doesn't emulate the CDJ native "stutter" mode (which Traktor does)
5. the sweep of the CDJ spindle arm indicator seems to strobe/stutter to my eye, though after about 5 minutes I got used to it
6. Sync and Master seem to do the same thing (when I eventually switched Sync on in the interests of seeing how close to a native Pioneer experience I could get)

All in all an interesting implementation - I'll keep playing (literally and metaphorically!)
Serato, Support
Martin C 8:48 AM - 4 March, 2015
Thanks for the feedback xthestreams, glad you got things working now. Yes, its possible you may run into some issues when switching between mixers like that, and often issues like that can be experienced even when you don't have Serato DJ open.

For any further issues or feedback, please make a bug report: serato.com

I appreciate you taking the time to check out the beta :)
xthestreams 12:11 PM - 4 March, 2015
Props to Serato for taking the risk on innovating out of the walled garden that NI are building - I get that the Apple model says making the HW and the SW gives you control over the entire UX, but some of these co called elements of control such as enabling a mixer's USB sound card to act as a timecode input aren't substantially differentiating (Rane's awesome Dual USB inputs being a notable exception!).

I think Serato's approach makes a lot more sense, open the walled garden, even if that means charging a little more for certain components, especially where they're "pro" features mainly used by revenue generating DJ's.

Now if only I could get my head around the user interface.....
Hyper Supreme 6:32 AM - 6 March, 2015
i would to name my loop points just like my cue point please
Soca Haze 8:49 AM - 1 April, 2015
Any idea if the launching SP6 from the Numark NS6 controller will be include in this release?
Justin James 12:59 PM - 15 April, 2015
Quote:
Can we please get an option to clear the played songs in one crate or select the songs you want to clear, not all or none option.

+1
The X-MAN 9:23 AM - 30 April, 2015
Quote:

Need it to play zip files please.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:24 PM - 30 April, 2015
Hey X-MAN,

It'd be great to be able to add .zip files to the library for sure! The problem is, to do this would require a huge re-write of our library technology to allow us to be able to write tags to these and unpack files inside Serato DJ.

Hopefully in the future but I couldn't promise anything i'm afraid.

Cheers,

Sam.
DJCrank 5:23 PM - 1 May, 2015
Quote:

Anything yet?
Edwin Altamirano VDJ 3:57 PM - 4 May, 2015
Hi , Serato I have Numark NS7 II on Serato 1.7.4 the colors led on Hotcue Mode are Excelent ...But can you please the second function Hot Cue Loop can you put color like the others serato version 1.7.2 please make it all yellow and the active loop make it BLUE like the Other Serato Version 1.7.2 because in this moment when i put HotCue Mode and HotCue Loop the led colors dont change color pads and we dont now what function is On ...Please Only make Hotcue Loop like Serato 1.7.2 nothing more and Hotcue Mode let multiple colors ....all Things are Excelente.

I will Write on Spanish if you dont understan :

Hola Serato Ayuda porfavor con un Cambio Urgente en Version 1.7.4 ....Los Multiples Colores en la funcion Hotcue esta Excelente ....Pero ayuda en la sengunda funcion Hotcue Loop ....Dejen tal como era en Serato 1.7.2 todos los cue color amarillo y el loop activo en color azul ....Nada Mas es único cambio que necesitamos.... Gracias

Thanks I hope answer thanks soon
Att:
Edwin Altamirano
Quito Ecuador