DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Which sub is better, Yorkville LS720P Rockville PXW15p American Audio PXW15P

OHLarry 1:12 AM - 22 February, 2015
I am comparing some subs, Looking for good clean very deep low bass. I have tested a friends Yorkville LS720P and it seems to do well with my tops. Before I buy one I wanted to know if anyone has tried the Yorkville RBG15FA. About the same size and weight as the LS720P, The rockville seems to be the same as the American Audio PXW15P which is a clone if not an improvement of the old Mackie design but at a much better price. The Rockville is half the price of the Yorkville and the specs seem to be as good. I for one don't always trust specs. I would appreciate comments from anyone with experience with the Rockville on sound quality, and volume, even better if you can give a direct comparison o the Yorkville LS720p

Amp for my tops is a QSC Audio RMX 1850HD. Can do 375watts per channel into 8 ohms. My tops are Crate PS-156T's that have had the mid/tweets replaced with better sounding drivers, and I redid the crossovers. They are fairly large 75lb speakers with decent bass to 45hz. They hold their own even without a sub in mid sized environements but I want the sub for the extra punch in larger area's.
OHLarry 1:36 PM - 22 February, 2015
I mistyped the brand once in this post, sorry. The RBG15FA I am interested in info on is a Rockville brand not a Yorkville brand. It looks like a mackie clone and seems to be identical to the Amercian Audio. PXW15p. Any info would be appretiated.
Al Poulin 2:17 PM - 22 February, 2015
Rockville is no-name and barely "entry level" EBay stuff, while American Audio speakers in general are mediocre. With both, expect truly subpar customer service.

Yorkville, on the other hand, is a trusted professional name that uses quality transducers (Celestion, 18Sound Italy) in its speaker designs and backs their products with a 2 year "even if you break it" warranty. the 720P is a great sounding, musical and compact 15" sub. A pair of them would do better with your large tops, however. Actually, if you were to get a pair of LS720Ps, a small pair of quality active tops (8s or 10s) would make for a great and compact system that would get louder and sound better than what you are currently using. It would cost substantial $$$ of course...

Al
OHLarry 2:25 PM - 22 February, 2015
Thanks for the reply. I guess I was right to be suspicious whne I can't find anyone using the Rockville stuff. I can't find any real reviews or comparisons out there other than stuff put out by Rockville. I searched quite a bit too. I am guessing it is actually the same unit as the american audio in fact they may make them for american audio. They look identical, and have the exact same dimensions. The specs are "almost" identical with slight variations. too similar to be a coincidence. I am happy with the sound of the Yorkville. Very clean undistorted sound. Just wish it had a little more headroom which I assume is also why you suggested a pair of them. Thanks for the great comments.
Al Poulin 2:52 PM - 22 February, 2015
The 720P can seem to limit early (especially wen set to DEEP), but you can run it into limit without issue, as long as the red clip light doesn't activate. If it does, then you need to reduce your levels. Setting the 720P close to a boundary (wall or corner) noticeably improves its output. If you don't mind the size and weight of the LS801P, it is worth the extra couple hundred dollar. It is a killer sub in terms of output. A single one performs as well as a pair of 720Ps. It's just really big and heavy...

Al
DJ Quartz 6:49 PM - 22 February, 2015
I think the 720P is a GREAT sub for output and mobility. I also have the 700P which is the double ten but it's heavy one and didn't play deep enough in certain rooms.

So my setup is 4 x E10P's and the 700P or 720P depending on the room.

They are easy to service as well and have taken punishment and haven't failed me yet!

The only thing that happened is my 700P quit and I was worried the amp fried because it was always in protection mode.

Something told me to open it up, and glad I did. One of the leads had blown off one of the subs from air pressure. So i just adjusted the crimp connector to clamp on better and voila.

It was in protection because the load on the amp had changed which by design is great to stop you from killing the amp.

But the Elite series Yorkville products have been nothing but good to me!
OHLarry 7:42 PM - 22 February, 2015
Thanks, I do like the 720p as well. seems well built. I was running it with the bass boost all the way at the low end because that is where I needed it. I was able to blink the yellow lights when I had it balanced wiht my tops if the song had super heavy base but the tops amp was near blinking its clip lights so they seemed to be pretty wll balanced for each other.

Anyone have any experiences with the sound quality and if the specs on the Rockville are any good?
Al Poulin 3:08 AM - 23 February, 2015
Quote:
I think the 720P is a GREAT sub for output and mobility. I also have the 700P which is the double ten but it's heavy one and didn't play deep enough in certain rooms.

So my setup is 4 x E10P's and the 700P or 720P depending on the room.

They are easy to service as well and have taken punishment and haven't failed me yet!

The only thing that happened is my 700P quit and I was worried the amp fried because it was always in protection mode.

Something told me to open it up, and glad I did. One of the leads had blown off one of the subs from air pressure. So i just adjusted the crimp connector to clamp on better and voila.

It was in protection because the load on the amp had changed which by design is great to stop you from killing the amp.

But the Elite series Yorkville products have been nothing but good to me!

You need much more sub in your system. A pair of those E10Ps can easily hang with a pair of 720Ps.

Al
DJ Quartz 3:11 AM - 23 February, 2015
I plan on getting a secondary. I was going to trade my 700P (double 10) for another 720P.
Al Poulin 3:25 AM - 23 February, 2015
Quote:
I plan on getting a secondary. I was going to trade my 700P (double 10) for another 720P.

Great idea. It is always best to use identical subs as they will couple perfectly and reinforce each other's output. Those little E10Ps are loud and compact. I tested a pair a few years ago.

Al
DJ Quartz 4:15 AM - 23 February, 2015
I used to use the 700P but I strictly use the 720P now.

That's why I want to trade it in for a second one.
pdidy 4:55 AM - 23 February, 2015
I would not qualify the Rockville PXW15 as a true clone but more of a "Look alike".

There's a BIG freakin difference between looking alike and having IDENTICAL internal parts, amp, woofer, build quality while the only difference is the Ink use to print the different brand name on the box. ;)

I didn't bother to check but my money says this is NOT a true clone.
dj_soo 6:13 AM - 23 February, 2015
Out of all the speakers you listed, the Yorkville is the only one that I would consider a professional option.

I run a pair of the NX720S (same as the LS720Ps but without the rat fur finish) and I intend to get two more to compliment my setup. Currently run it with Yamaha DXR10s or QSC K12s and they sound good, have good output, and are relatively compact and light.
OHLarry 1:49 PM - 23 February, 2015
Thanks for all the responses so far. pdidy, I definitely agree with your assessment that it may just "look" alike and that does worry me enough to not want to spend the $ to find out. nice setup in your avatar picture by the way. That must rock.

The point of my post was to find out about the rockville by hopefully getting a comment from someone who actually had one and tried it. So far lots of great comments about the ls720 which I have tested and agree is a good unit and as of now is my first choice.

Anyone have any hands on experience with rockville?
OHLarry 9:40 PM - 24 February, 2015
Two updates, I bought the Yorkville LS720P from my friend when he made me a deal I couldn't refuse.

Secondly for anyone looking for real reviews on the Rockville stuff, not just the unboxing reviews that I have seen on you tube, I finally found a DJ using a Rockville 18 sub He has had it since September and says he loves the way it sounds, and it seems to be built very well. Had nothing but praise for it. Really did not have a way to compare it against other subs so take that into consideration. His bottom line was he was definitely not sorry he bought it and it has performed to his expectations. He said the only thing he would change would be the caster wheels that it came with to help move it around (its 138lbs) could be a little better. I would have given it a try if I hadn't gotten the LS720P at half list price..... Thatnks again for all the comments.
pdidy 10:10 PM - 24 February, 2015
American Audio Rockville speaker are marketed to entry level people on a very low budget with little to know sound experience. So any and all recommendations from these users are to be taken with less than a grain of salt.

But you gota start somewhere so the speakers serve that purpose.
dj_soo 11:10 PM - 24 February, 2015
Usually the people who give glowing reviews to entry level gear without the cavaet of "they're good for the price" are people who have never used anything remotely professional.
OHLarry 9:40 PM - 25 February, 2015
Based on these last responses, I guess I did not ask the question properly, or this group is just the wrong place to ask. FYI the guy that I did get a real review of the rockville from DID say they were very good for the price.

Making a good sounding system with lots of money is very doable. The real trick is making a good sounding system on a budget. Something you guys apparently don’t have to worry about. It is obvious that more expensive stuff will sound better. To blast other stuff without ever using it is not helpful to answering my question. Thanks anyway and have a nice day.
Joee 9:45 PM - 25 February, 2015
Quote:
Based on these last responses, I guess I did not ask the question properly, or this group is just the wrong place to ask. FYI the guy that I did get a real review of the rockville from DID say they were very good for the price.

Making a good sounding system with lots of money is very doable. The real trick is making a good sounding system on a budget. Something you guys apparently don’t have to worry about. It is obvious that more expensive stuff will sound better. To blast other stuff without ever using it is not helpful to answering my question. Thanks anyway and have a nice day.

did you ever give a working budget? there are some very knowledgeable people on this board when it comes to pro audio

that can save you time headache hassle & money

what exactly are you looking for and what is your budget?

to answer your question LS720P
OHLarry 10:30 PM - 25 February, 2015
Thanks Joe. Have you used the Rockville or heard the Rockville sub yourself? What I asked in my original post was
"I would appreciate comments from anyone with experience with the Rockville on sound quality, and volume, even better if you can give a direct comparison to the Yorkville LS720p"

I understand the yorkville is most likely the better sub, I was not wanting to spend as much as the yorkvilke and I wanted to know just how good or bad the Rockville was from someone who. actually tried it. Comments from those who dismiss the brand without even trying arent really being helpful. No one here has said they actually tried it or what it actually sounded like. That is why I posted the results of my conversation with a dj that actually has one and has been using it since September, only to get more negative comments. My issue is resolved, I bought a sub. I didn't want to be one of those posters that got his answer and didn't report back.
Joee 10:39 PM - 25 February, 2015
Quote:
I understand the yorkville is most likely the better sub,

if this is the case than i'm not understanding this thread

"Which sub is better, Yorkville LS720P Rockville PXW15p American Audio PXW15P"

as for Rockville PXW15p American Audio PXW15P i'm not sure you will find anyone using them around here i certainly haven't , so i don't know how helpful we can be

basically your saying you have $600 to spend on a sub?
OHLarry 10:42 PM - 25 February, 2015
I didnt know that ehrn ibstarted the threaf.

My latest point is If you haven't tried it then you can't answer my question. If you answer the question without trying bit your just guessing therefore not being helpfull. Thanks anyway.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 10:45 PM - 25 February, 2015
Quote:

My latest point is If you haven't tried it then you can't answer my question. If you answer the question without trying bit your just guessing therefore not being helpfull. Thanks anyway.

LOL Joee he pretty much told you what you told 6 about the Evox. This is hilarious.
Joee 11:32 PM - 25 February, 2015
Quote:
LOL Joee he pretty much told you what you told 6 about the Evox. This is hilarious.

LMAO……..stop it……lol
Quote:

ok…..well good luck……buy the way i know of a pretty decent 18 inch sub I've used and you can get it for $600 new shipped from one of the top speaker brands not a cheap brand like rockville or american audio

but good luck ;)
pdidy 1:18 AM - 26 February, 2015
i NEED to learn to give more Politically Correct type answers instead of honesty and Real world experience I guess..... :)
Joee 1:32 AM - 26 February, 2015
Quote:
i NEED to learn to give more Politically Correct type answers instead of honesty and Real world experience I guess..... :)

i actually though i was being nice? maybe not?……..lol

the subs in question cost $600 - the york

i guess we can't help everyone
Joee 1:39 AM - 26 February, 2015
Quote:
@Joee is that $600 sub the 705AS? If so, where can I get that price, I was quoted $800 from your guy at PAS.

negative

for $600 if you have a good vendor you can get a EV ELX118P not the best by any means , but for 6 bills it gets the job done pretty good
Al Poulin 3:05 AM - 26 February, 2015
Quote:

Most of us started out with cheap stuff, and eventually learned (after constantly replacing cheap stuff with more cheap stuff) that cheap stuff is cheap for a reason. I don't need to hear Rockville speakers to know that they're made with inferior materials, transducers, circuit boards etc... The price alone tells me that corners were cut wherever possible. There are so many "no name" speakers made by the same chinese companies but wearing a badge of some sort, that you never really know what you're going to get. Some are OK, some are horrible, but most of them have one thing in common : their best feature is their price. I was just reading a good saying on Facebook a few mointes ago that made me think of this thread :

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price if forgotten".

Al
OHLarry 3:42 PM - 26 February, 2015
I bow to your guys knowledge on the higher end stuff being more worthwhile for what you do. I understand and that's great for those that need that. There is another group of people out like me just starting out that NEED lower cost equipment to even survive to get things going.

I started this thread beacause I wanted information on that brand and unit and hoped to get that here. This was the wrong place to get that information because you guys don't use it. I get it. Now I want to leave comments for others like me that search this group thinking about using the Rockville equipment. The rest of you who don't use Rockville and and don't appear to ever have used it seem to feel so strongly against have already weighed in. I and others don't need your continual bashing of equipment that you don't even use it to get the message you already stated. I know you are trying to help but you are obscuring the real information about Rockville that I am trying to share with others.

that I now have from 2 DJ's who do use the Rockville brand for those like me looking in to it so others looking for information from people using that equipment like I was looking can have it. The rest of you who don't use it that seem to feel so strongly against have already weighed in. I and others don't need your continual bashing of it to get the message you already stated. I know you are trying to help but you are obscuring the real information about Rockville that I am trying to share with others. Yes that equipment s entry level and as such is not going to be as good as the other stuff you use professionally. Message received.

I got lots of great infomation about Yorkville but zero practical information about Rockville which was the whole point of the thread. I already had a yorkville here. I know what it sounds like.

Next I I sought out people actually using the equipment elswhere and I want to pass on the information I have gathered since no one else has done so. You can use this information along with all the professional information left previously in this thread to make up your own mind as to if it is worth it for you or not.

I had sent message to 3 DJ's that had posted stuff online (elsewhere) about having Rockville and I have received back two responses. Both are newer DJ's. One has used his for about 6 months the other for about 9 months. Both are happy with their purchases and have had no functional issues with their gear. The sound quality was what they expected (for the price they paid) Neither commented on customer service issues as a previous poster to this thread implied might be an issue for this company but on the bright side, neither needed customer service because the units have had no issues.

That answers the questions I had. If that is the price point you can afford, then Rockville does appear to be worth buying with the caveat of knowing there is better equipment out there that you may later want to upgrade to. If you can afford more then based on the previous responses to this thread,take their advice and spend your money on better equipment.
Joee 4:15 PM - 26 February, 2015
if i had $600 to spend , i would not be looking at rockville american audio the speakers you mentioned were both going for $600

you know you can get this for $600 brand new right?---> www.zzounds.com
OHLarry 4:17 PM - 26 February, 2015
The rockville RGB15fa I was interested in that specs out same as the ls720 (on paper) is $349 with shipping on amazon.com
Joee 4:18 PM - 26 February, 2015
Quote:
The rockville RGB15fa I was interested in that specs out same as the ls720 (on paper) is $349 with shipping on amazon.com

ok my bad , i saw $600
pdidy 8:03 PM - 26 February, 2015
Ladies and gentlemen something does not sound right here, this guy feel strongly about promoting a speaker that he's neither owned, used or heard before simply because he found three people in the entire world who likes it online.

He's now politely asking that we cease and desist all negative talk in regards to that speaker as if that would ever happen here........

OHLarry ......You were right, you are in the wrong place...... I highly recommend that you take your promotion somewhere else were users are not so knowledgeable and vocal on speaker quality. Thanks anyway.
Joee 8:13 PM - 26 February, 2015
Quote:
Ladies and gentlemen something does not sound right here, this guy feel strongly about promoting a speaker that he's neither owned, used or heard before simply because he found three people in the entire world who likes it online.

He's now politely asking that we cease and desist all negative talk in regards to that speaker as if that would ever happen here........

OHLarry ......You were right, you are in the wrong place...... I highly recommend that you take your promotion somewhere else were users are not so knowledgeable and vocal on speaker quality. Thanks anyway.

you may be right, i just did a quick search & can't even find the rockville sub that he claims is $350, i did however i did find the other one for $600--> www.amazon.com
OHLarry 9:36 PM - 26 February, 2015
You think I am promoting their product? That is most certainly NOT my intent.

I am promoting the sharing of REAL information on their product, good or bad so we can each make up our own minds, not have someone like Joee try to force his views on everyone else. You weighed in that you would not consider it, sight unseen. I will take that into consideration. You made your point. Now move on and stop trying to stop me from getting information from people who actually used the product. Knowledge that people other than you may find valuable.

Sorry you cant find it on amazon. Search for "rockville subwoofer rbg15fa" comes right up for me. or click the following link directly to it.

www.amazon.com

It is also on ebay direct from rockville, also with free shipping for $349

www.ebay.com
Joee 10:01 PM - 26 February, 2015
Quote:
You think I am promoting their product? That is most certainly NOT my intent.

I am promoting the sharing of REAL information on their product, good or bad so we can each make up our own minds, not have someone like Joee try to force his views on everyone else. You weighed in that you would not consider it, sight unseen. I will take that into consideration. You made your point. Now move on and stop trying to stop me from getting information from people who actually used the product. Knowledge that people other than you may find valuable.

Sorry you cant find it on amazon. Search for "rockville subwoofer rbg15fa" comes right up for me. or click the following link directly to it.

www.amazon.com

It is also on ebay direct from rockville, also with free shipping for $349

www.ebay.com

why don't you buy one than come back and review it?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:14 PM - 26 February, 2015
Quote:
not have someone like Joee try to force his views on everyone else.

Well....

That's just Joee.....lmao.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:17 PM - 26 February, 2015
Quote:
OHLarry ......You were right, you are in the wrong place......

****dead****

The com-mo-dee here NEVER disappoints...

Classic...
Joee 11:18 PM - 26 February, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
not have someone like Joee try to force his views on everyone else.

Well....

That's just Joee.....lmao.

read this thread and show me were i forced my views on anybody!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:20 PM - 26 February, 2015
You're right...

Maybe I'm just having nightmare flashbacks about all the others! :-D

Man, I don't know who you work for..

But you puttin' in that WERK!
Joee 11:24 PM - 26 February, 2015
@OHLarry

good luck with your $350 sub, i hope it gives you many years of reliable clean DEEP loud chest pounding bass :)

i'm pretty happy with my two subs--> www.amazon.com

hopefully your just as happy with yours :)
Al Poulin 11:43 PM - 26 February, 2015
Many beginners are more than happy with any new speakers that produce lots of noise and are cheap. It's easy to find tons of glowing reviews on no name dispoable crap products by buyers who simply haven't used quality stuff, so have no basis for comparison.

The appreciation of quality and accuracy of sound, as well as reliablility and product support only become apparent once you've understood the shortcomings of disposable crap. Rockville may or may not be complete crap, but they simply haven't been around long enough to prove that they produce reliable quality products. The fact that many of their designs are knock offs or simply rebadged generic disposable cheap chinese products does not help. Looking at the RPG15 speaker for example, I noticed that it was EXACTLY the same cabinet as an EBay speaker I tested a few years ago from a seller here in Canada that had them made in China - with his own logo on them. It even comes with the same little plastic legs to help use the speaker as a monitor... The speaker was actually not terrible for the price, but the compression driver was absolute crap - which is one thing you can often expect in a cheap speaker.

Al

Al
pdidy 11:44 PM - 26 February, 2015
OHLarry, This a public forum with many knowledgeable and opinionated users who may or may not agree with any topic presented. They are not required to "move on" because debate is a good thing provided everyone plays by the rules so All members have the inalienable right to participate in any thread provided they do not break forum rules.

So my point is stand your ground if you think you are right and make your case and recommendations...ect (We cant stop you from doing that) but be clear others will surely do the same here.
pdidy 11:52 PM - 26 February, 2015
Quote:

He's just regurgitating stuff he read in other threads and not forming him own conclusions.........nothin new.....lol
Joee 12:21 AM - 27 February, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

He's just regurgitating stuff he read in other threads and not forming him own conclusions.........nothin new.....lol

I've never forced my views on any one, i do how ever give my opinion

i called one guy out for saying that a 8" two way alto has better sounding bass than a 12" rcf dedicated sub

than i called another one out for giving his opinion on a speaker that he never listened to,last call the other guy out on his bs review

thats hardly forcing my views on anyone………my opinions however……..lol…..i tell you what i think you can do what you want……no forcing…..lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:48 AM - 27 February, 2015
Quote:
I've never forced my views on any one,

Joee,

You forced me to get some EV's and a Mac.
Joee 12:52 AM - 27 February, 2015
Quote:
Joee,

You forced me to get some EV's and a Mac.

you LIE!!!!!!

although i suspect it's a struggle for you to part with that money when your buying something, basically you have to force yourself to make big purchases?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:55 AM - 27 February, 2015
Quote:
basically you have to force yourself to make big purchases?

Me? No, I have NO PROBLEM getting something JUSTIFIED but of quality...

I mean, rock solid, lifelong quality....

Technics has me spoiled...

Rane with a fader submerged in Coke?

Rane Crossovers, RCF, JBL, and EV drivers my whole life?

QSC, and Crown amps?

And those Cerwins that STILL KNOCK?

Man listen...

My dollar goes a long way...
prime 12062 1:00 AM - 2 June, 2015
I own a set of rockville spg1188 18"subs and a set of 15 "cabinets with rockville drivers I use the for smaller side gigs I get sometimes. I dont always wanna lug the full 8 x 16 trailer my band owns. With a good eq and a bbe processer they sound pretty good. I push them with a behringer epx4000 power amp. My regular band set up consists of 2 yorkville 18 inch subs with long throw horns (not sure of model number). And a set of dual jbl 12"tops. The difference is evident. But used properly and with care the rockville is a good little setup. I hope this helps.
djrhowellsr 12:13 PM - 4 March, 2016
I have a pair of the RBs18. I haven't had any problems with my sub's. I'm using a DBX driverack with them. The only problem I've had is that the bass response caused me to pay for a cracked window. Yes this speaker hit that hard if you set it up right.
DJ Quartz 12:31 PM - 4 March, 2016
I got rid of my 700p awhile back because I wanted a second 720P.

I just recently acquired a second ls720p which is what I wanted to do.

So my setup is 4 x E10P's and 2 x 720P's now.

The reason I have four e10p's is for providing sound in two rooms separate rooms, surrounding a room if it's a big room and they are using my mic's for speaking.

Or for providing sound at different locations. There is a couple times where couples needed me to provide two setups. One for the ceremony and one for the reception.

Works out very well because of their size and weight.
dj prophetisaiah 3:36 AM - 6 December, 2016
Is anyone interested in trying the bose f1 system
Jameshere 10:29 AM - 16 September, 2017
Wow...Ya know, I just read this whole thread and I am shocked at the responses you guys have made to the guy asking questions! I usually don't post in these things because it's pointless... Most of the time someone will ask a specific question and then it's followed up by about 25 different answers to different questions and you never really get to the actual answer you're looking for. This stinking thread is exactly that! It's a bummer because people make these threads to get specific answers to their specific questions and you guys have just frustrated the whole point of that. This guy asked you a simple question about the quality of Rockville speakers and you guys acted like high school students in your answers to him! You guys should be ashamed of yourselves as educators in your field because you did exactly what he asked you not to do! How does that even make any sense? The bottom line is: this poor guy came on here (regardless of how much he wanted to spend) and asks for the feedback of a person that has used these speakers. That's all he asked for! When he asked that question specifically, there should have been no responses unless you have physically and personally use the product he was asking for the review about correct? I mean correct me if I'm wrong, but why are you guys answering him with your opinion when he specifically stated that he was looking for people who have used the Rockville product!? I could cyber joke myself right now by listening to you guys go back and forth with each other as if you were high school students and hijack the thread like this! I'm going to do the man of favor and answer the question the best I can because I have plenty of experience with Rockville speakers seeing as how I bought 10 of them to date... That's right, I have personal hands-on experience with these speakers because I have purchased them and I know exactly what they sound like! To be fair, I do not know about the specific speaker he is questioning but I'm guaranteeing you my response will be a lot more helpful to him and those of you that just completely bashed the product without ever trying any of them before. Granite, this may not be the exact speaker he is in question of but I can give an overall view of numerous different speakers that I have tried from Rockville.

Brother, let me answer your question from a personal standpoint... I have purchased two sets of six by nines from Rockville Speaker Company... Yes, I got them on eBay, yes they were cheap... I had to try them because I saw how cheap they were yet I saw the claims about how awesome their speakers were especially at the RMS ratings. The six by nines I first purchased were called RVL69W and they were exactly what Rockville said they were... They were high quality and really held their own... These speakers were installed in my Harley bags and to be honest they were just too Bassy and did not give me enough mid-range which I expected when I bought them but I had to try them out anyways. These little six by nines are basically Subs and in the right box and write application really would hold their own. As far as being on a motorcycle, they did not work because they did not project enough sound for me. What I did then was returned the speakers without any hassle from the seller and they were awesome about returning them without any hassles whatsoever. As far as Rockville is concerned, there customer service is awesome! I repeat it is absolutely awesome they returned everything without asking any questions. The next speakers I bought were another set of six by nines that also came with two two years and crossovers... I paid about 50 bucks for all of it which was a crazy good deal. These speakers were called RV69.2... they too were very good speakers and built very well. I actually have some DD audio 6 by 9s and these Rockville speakers are almost as good. At high volume, the DD audio 6 by 9s have a distorted sound which most people say they don't get but that's what I have from my experience. The Rockville six by nines we're basically the same thing maybe a little bit lower quality if in my opinion. I already purchased the DD audios and have four six by nines so seeing as how I cannot return the DD audio speakers because I bought them through a Facebook buddy, I went ahead and returned the Rockville six by nines. Again, on a bike they did not protect enough sound for me and I guess either I'm being picky or the speakers just did not quite get loud enough for lack of better terminology... I also purchased some 6.5 speakers from Rockville that also came with Crossovers and tweeters. I paid 60 bucks for the 6.5 and I was impressed with the quality of the build. All of their speakers so far have been made of very high-quality products and are very well built... All of them in the right application probably would have been awesome... In a car, they would have sounded awesome, but on a motorcycle they just did not do it for me. The 6.5 speakers sounded very mid-range and I did not like the tin can sound that they made so I returned those as well. I have just ordered another pair of 6.5 midrange speakers from Rockville to try those and see what they are like. Hopefully these ones will give me exactly what I'm looking for if not I'm going to go with some moral speakers. For me, quality is important and I don't care about price... I can afford any speaker on the market that I want but I am trying the Rockville product out because of their claims and their return policy. I figured before I tried the expensive stuff I might as well try these Rockville and to be honest they are way better quality than their counterpart... the Rockville brand is fairly new and they are trying to build up a clientele so there speakers are fairly cheap right now... I suspect once they get some kind of following they will check their prices way up. Are Rockville speakers as good as DD audio, moral Tempo, or Hertz?... I can't answer that question for you that is a very hard question to answer because the application of the speaker's means everything! All I can say is Rockville speakers are absolutely worth the money and AR better quality than even my Rockford Fosgate, Punch, and some other brands that I have laying around the house... Now, with that said... I did feel like the Rockville speakers got a little bit of distortion when I turn them up but I was also cranking my motorcycle radio all the way up and was driving down a highway! When I was parked in my garage with the radio on at mid-range it really did sound awesome. I think it's just hard to get good quality sound on a bike going down a highway especially a Harley as you probably already know! In my humble opinion, I believe Rockville is a brand that we will see for quite a while because they have quality products and they are fair with their prices... They also give correct specs and don't pump up the numbers like most speaker companies do. I believe that Rockville is trying to Trend set by giving an honest overview of their speakers and letting you try them risk free for 90 days! If you don't like the speakers, they return them and they also pay the shipping so I'm not out even one penny and I've already tried 8 different speakers from them not including the tweeters... With the tweeters I've already tried 12 of their speakers and I was fairly impressed. I did not jump up and down about the speakers but they were very well made and you can tell when you pick them up that they are built of high-quality materials. I would absolutely use them in a house or in a vehicle without any qualms! I will say this again, the application is everything and they don't work real well for my bike! They work either as good as my DD audio competition speakers or maybe just a little under it's hard to really tell without having them side-by-side but even the DD audio speakers that I have in my saddle bags are not impressing me a whole lot! I also have a Rockville amp which is a 1600 watt amp and I have no issues with this amp whatsoever so far! The amp has been stronger than any of the speakers I've hooked up to it so I don't know how I'm going to find a speaker to match the rating of the amp but from my understanding a good amp is supposed to be rated higher than the speaker that it's pushing so that you have the option to get it to the very edge without popping a coil!

I hope this review helps you bro I know it's not very detailed I'm being lazy and speaking into my phone right now and I don't feel like looking up a bunch of specs. You will have to just go to eBay and look at their specs and see what they say! There are quite a few reviews on YouTube of their speakers but most of them come from the company itself, this is probably because they are so new and there's not a lot of people reviewing them just yet... Anyone in this form that has bashed these speakers as obviously not tried them out! I have been installing car audio for 30 years and I am also a musician so I have been around music and Equipment my whole life and I can absolutely say without a shadow of a doubt that these speakers are 200% worth their value! I kind of regret sending the speakers back because I think I was a little too picky when I return to them... The reason I'm saying this is because the DD audio speakers I have in my Harley bags are not really impressive to me either! I think it's because I am trying to get more bass out of a 6 by 9 then it is intended for going down the highway at 80 miles per hour with straight pipes! Six by nines are not supposed to give you the experience you would get from a full system with Subs and to be fair I believe that the Rockville speakers may be as good as my DD audio speakers which cost about three times as much!

I hope you guys in this forum can just be mature and read my comment without being facetious and condescending! There's no reason for it to be honest I have given a review just like the man has asked because I personally have used their speakers! I have real world experience with these speakers because I have personally put my hands on them, wire them up, and tried them for a week at a time! I have listen to rap on these speakers, rock and roll, Slayer, and even classical music and the speakers sounded very well in all circumstances! I would suspect that any of their other products will translate to the same reviews... Whether it be a 5 inch speaker or a 15in sub Rockville probably does not skimp and I doubt that they're bigger speakers are any less quality than their smaller ones. If I were you, instead of bashing them I would go ahead and buy a few sets of speakers from eBay and try them out... If you don't like them, return them and all you have to lose is the fact that you've never tried them! Y'all have a nice day
pdidy 10:20 PM - 16 September, 2017
@Jameshere
media.giphy.com lmao
desmorider 6:27 AM - 17 September, 2017
Quote:
Wow...Ya know, I just read this whole thread and I am shocked at the responses you guys have made to the guy asking questions! I usually don't post in these things because it's pointless... Most of the time someone will ask a specific question and then it's followed up by about 25 different answers to different questions and you never really get to the actual answer you're looking for. This stinking thread is exactly that! It's a bummer because people make these threads to get specific answers to their specific questions and you guys have just frustrated the whole point of that. This guy asked you a simple question about the quality of Rockville speakers and you guys acted like high school students in your answers to him! You guys should be ashamed of yourselves as educators in your field because you did exactly what he asked you not to do! How does that even make any sense? The bottom line is: this poor guy came on here (regardless of how much he wanted to spend) and asks for the feedback of a person that has used these speakers. That's all he asked for! When he asked that question specifically, there should have been no responses unless you have physically and personally use the product he was asking for the review about correct? I mean correct me if I'm wrong, but why are you guys answering him with your opinion when he specifically stated that he was looking for people who have used the Rockville product!? I could cyber joke myself right now by listening to you guys go back and forth with each other as if you were high school students and hijack the thread like this! I'm going to do the man of favor and answer the question the best I can because I have plenty of experience with Rockville speakers seeing as how I bought 10 of them to date... That's right, I have personal hands-on experience with these speakers because I have purchased them and I know exactly what they sound like! To be fair, I do not know about the specific speaker he is questioning but I'm guaranteeing you my response will be a lot more helpful to him and those of you that just completely bashed the product without ever trying any of them before. Granite, this may not be the exact speaker he is in question of but I can give an overall view of numerous different speakers that I have tried from Rockville.

Brother, let me answer your question from a personal standpoint... I have purchased two sets of six by nines from Rockville Speaker Company... Yes, I got them on eBay, yes they were cheap... I had to try them because I saw how cheap they were yet I saw the claims about how awesome their speakers were especially at the RMS ratings. The six by nines I first purchased were called RVL69W and they were exactly what Rockville said they were... They were high quality and really held their own... These speakers were installed in my Harley bags and to be honest they were just too Bassy and did not give me enough mid-range which I expected when I bought them but I had to try them out anyways. These little six by nines are basically Subs and in the right box and write application really would hold their own. As far as being on a motorcycle, they did not work because they did not project enough sound for me. What I did then was returned the speakers without any hassle from the seller and they were awesome about returning them without any hassles whatsoever. As far as Rockville is concerned, there customer service is awesome! I repeat it is absolutely awesome they returned everything without asking any questions. The next speakers I bought were another set of six by nines that also came with two two years and crossovers... I paid about 50 bucks for all of it which was a crazy good deal. These speakers were called RV69.2... they too were very good speakers and built very well. I actually have some DD audio 6 by 9s and these Rockville speakers are almost as good. At high volume, the DD audio 6 by 9s have a distorted sound which most people say they don't get but that's what I have from my experience. The Rockville six by nines we're basically the same thing maybe a little bit lower quality if in my opinion. I already purchased the DD audios and have four six by nines so seeing as how I cannot return the DD audio speakers because I bought them through a Facebook buddy, I went ahead and returned the Rockville six by nines. Again, on a bike they did not protect enough sound for me and I guess either I'm being picky or the speakers just did not quite get loud enough for lack of better terminology... I also purchased some 6.5 speakers from Rockville that also came with Crossovers and tweeters. I paid 60 bucks for the 6.5 and I was impressed with the quality of the build. All of their speakers so far have been made of very high-quality products and are very well built... All of them in the right application probably would have been awesome... In a car, they would have sounded awesome, but on a motorcycle they just did not do it for me. The 6.5 speakers sounded very mid-range and I did not like the tin can sound that they made so I returned those as well. I have just ordered another pair of 6.5 midrange speakers from Rockville to try those and see what they are like. Hopefully these ones will give me exactly what I'm looking for if not I'm going to go with some moral speakers. For me, quality is important and I don't care about price... I can afford any speaker on the market that I want but I am trying the Rockville product out because of their claims and their return policy. I figured before I tried the expensive stuff I might as well try these Rockville and to be honest they are way better quality than their counterpart... the Rockville brand is fairly new and they are trying to build up a clientele so there speakers are fairly cheap right now... I suspect once they get some kind of following they will check their prices way up. Are Rockville speakers as good as DD audio, moral Tempo, or Hertz?... I can't answer that question for you that is a very hard question to answer because the application of the speaker's means everything! All I can say is Rockville speakers are absolutely worth the money and AR better quality than even my Rockford Fosgate, Punch, and some other brands that I have laying around the house... Now, with that said... I did feel like the Rockville speakers got a little bit of distortion when I turn them up but I was also cranking my motorcycle radio all the way up and was driving down a highway! When I was parked in my garage with the radio on at mid-range it really did sound awesome. I think it's just hard to get good quality sound on a bike going down a highway especially a Harley as you probably already know! In my humble opinion, I believe Rockville is a brand that we will see for quite a while because they have quality products and they are fair with their prices... They also give correct specs and don't pump up the numbers like most speaker companies do. I believe that Rockville is trying to Trend set by giving an honest overview of their speakers and letting you try them risk free for 90 days! If you don't like the speakers, they return them and they also pay the shipping so I'm not out even one penny and I've already tried 8 different speakers from them not including the tweeters... With the tweeters I've already tried 12 of their speakers and I was fairly impressed. I did not jump up and down about the speakers but they were very well made and you can tell when you pick them up that they are built of high-quality materials. I would absolutely use them in a house or in a vehicle without any qualms! I will say this again, the application is everything and they don't work real well for my bike! They work either as good as my DD audio competition speakers or maybe just a little under it's hard to really tell without having them side-by-side but even the DD audio speakers that I have in my saddle bags are not impressing me a whole lot! I also have a Rockville amp which is a 1600 watt amp and I have no issues with this amp whatsoever so far! The amp has been stronger than any of the speakers I've hooked up to it so I don't know how I'm going to find a speaker to match the rating of the amp but from my understanding a good amp is supposed to be rated higher than the speaker that it's pushing so that you have the option to get it to the very edge without popping a coil!

I hope this review helps you bro I know it's not very detailed I'm being lazy and speaking into my phone right now and I don't feel like looking up a bunch of specs. You will have to just go to eBay and look at their specs and see what they say! There are quite a few reviews on YouTube of their speakers but most of them come from the company itself, this is probably because they are so new and there's not a lot of people reviewing them just yet... Anyone in this form that has bashed these speakers as obviously not tried them out! I have been installing car audio for 30 years and I am also a musician so I have been around music and Equipment my whole life and I can absolutely say without a shadow of a doubt that these speakers are 200% worth their value! I kind of regret sending the speakers back because I think I was a little too picky when I return to them... The reason I'm saying this is because the DD audio speakers I have in my Harley bags are not really impressive to me either! I think it's because I am trying to get more bass out of a 6 by 9 then it is intended for going down the highway at 80 miles per hour with straight pipes! Six by nines are not supposed to give you the experience you would get from a full system with Subs and to be fair I believe that the Rockville speakers may be as good as my DD audio speakers which cost about three times as much!

I hope you guys in this forum can just be mature and read my comment without being facetious and condescending! There's no reason for it to be honest I have given a review just like the man has asked because I personally have used their speakers! I have real world experience with these speakers because I have personally put my hands on them, wire them up, and tried them for a week at a time! I have listen to rap on these speakers, rock and roll, Slayer, and even classical music and the speakers sounded very well in all circumstances! I would suspect that any of their other products will translate to the same reviews... Whether it be a 5 inch speaker or a 15in sub Rockville probably does not skimp and I doubt that they're bigger speakers are any less quality than their smaller ones. If I were you, instead of bashing them I would go ahead and buy a few sets of speakers from eBay and try them out... If you don't like them, return them and all you have to lose is the fact that you've never tried them! Y'all have a nice day

How long have you worked for Rockville.

You get on people for not answering his question, and you turnaround and do the same thing. I don't remember him asking anything about car speakers. Your a funny guy.
slimmjimm 3:57 PM - 17 September, 2017
tl;dr

Quote:
I hope you guys in this forum can just be mature and read my comment without being facetious and condescending!
DJ-B Brent 7:50 PM - 22 March, 2019
HI

I am a very successful DJ in Alberta Canada, and I use Rockville speakers and subs. Before I started my own company I worked for another DJ company that used Yorkville. The Rockville equipment was on par or better. I have both 15 and 12 inch speakers from Rockville and the 12's blew the Yorkville 15's out of the water. I also purchased the Rockville 15 inch and 18 in subs and are by far way better than the Yorkville. Larger voice coils and heavy duty amps make them very durable with absolutely no distortion at any level. Plus the subs produce very low bass. The top speakers have quite a low bass unto themselves. If anyone tells you not to buy Rockville and that they are cheap don't believe them I have had my own dj business for several years and will not use any other product and I have tested several others.

Cheers
DJ Unique 7:53 PM - 22 March, 2019
LOL
desmorider 1:25 AM - 23 March, 2019
Quote:
HI

I am a very successful DJ in Alberta Canada, and I use Rockville speakers and subs. Before I started my own company I worked for another DJ company that used Yorkville. The Rockville equipment was on par or better. I have both 15 and 12 inch speakers from Rockville and the 12's blew the Yorkville 15's out of the water. I also purchased the Rockville 15 inch and 18 in subs and are by far way better than the Yorkville. Larger voice coils and heavy duty amps make them very durable with absolutely no distortion at any level. Plus the subs produce very low bass. The top speakers have quite a low bass unto themselves. If anyone tells you not to buy Rockville and that they are cheap don't believe them I have had my own dj business for several years and will not use any other product and I have tested several others.

Cheers

Huh???????????????????
pdidy 3:46 AM - 23 March, 2019
Quote:
HI

Cheers

do you have a website,Instagram or facebook?
desmorider 5:18 AM - 23 March, 2019
www.facebook.com

Maybe. Looks like Rockville tops in some of the pics.
desmorider 5:18 AM - 23 March, 2019
Quote:
HI

Cheers

What model of Rockville tops and subs are you using sir?
DJ Val-BKNY11203 1:37 AM - 25 March, 2019
Did anyone Google Rockville Speakers?
desmorider 3:32 AM - 25 March, 2019
Quote:

Not worth the time. What did you see?
pdidy 6:27 AM - 25 March, 2019
Quote:

Didn't have to, it's pretty much common knowledge that they're complete trash.
pdidy 6:31 AM - 25 March, 2019
Rockville is so trash that you don't repair them, you just throw them away. They are basically a disposable speaker of the lowest quality.
dj scottie b 12:29 PM - 25 March, 2019
whats so funny is
a few of y'all agree on the point,
but can't agree on agreeing! And now are insulting each other...
LOL!!!
whats not real funny is, it kinda shows a reason why you're really here,
and its not for " community"...
just my thoughts ...
i do agree that a conversation about " rockville, etc" may be out of place here,
but shouldnt be shunned, just understood to be that way.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 5:53 PM - 27 March, 2019
Quote:
Rockville is so trash that you don't repair them, you just throw them away. They are basically a disposable speaker of the lowest quality.

I wanted to give him the benefit of doubt being I never heard of them. When I got to the website I laughed til I had tears in my eyes,

I don't knock guys for getting gear they can afford, but when you say this type of outlandish stuff.....c'mon man.
pdidy 9:31 PM - 27 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I wanted to give him the benefit of doubt being I never heard of them. When I got to the website I laughed til I had tears in my eyes,

I don't knock guys for getting gear they can afford, but when you say this type of outlandish stuff.....c'mon man.

It's like he was trying to insult our intelligence or maybe he's a dealer on the low trying to advertise. Neither of which would be unusual. He and the other alleged Rockville user have no other post history other than here, I wonder why?
pdidy 9:43 PM - 27 March, 2019
If anyone would like more unbiased opinions on Rockville read here but it wont be pretty.....www.djforums.com