DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Blizzard Lighting + PRO DJ SOUND (BUYER BEWARE)

jaswrx 5:09 PM - 15 February, 2015
I wanted to write this thread to make people aware of the poor customer service behind Blizzard Lighting.

I ordered a big batch of HOT BOX 5’s after speaking with Frank, part owner of Blizzard Lighting. He promised me consistent color matching and color mixing on this particular light, thus reasoning the cost compared to other “inferior” products, including the lower end model Blizzard Lighting sells.

I took his word, and bought 18 from a dealer called PRO DJ, www.prodjsoundlighting.com, which was absolutely no help in trying to resolve the problem. I highly advise not buying here as there are no returns accepted, even for defective items.

Anyhow, I received the lights, and not only did the lights not match from one to the next as they demonstrated different hues, meaning one pink would look different than the next pink (same value settings), ALL the lights had a horrible halo, very poor color mixing of RGBAW. The worse I have seen on a LED light. I literally was getting two colors out of the light, when trying to achieve a single color. Even my cheapest $80 lights don’t do that, and it is the same technology, 5in1 3-5watt leds.

So I called up Frank, and told him I was very disappointed in the lights, and told him that his promise of high quality was as far from the truth, and asked him what I should do. He admitted that his own lights do that too, and tried making excuses on that’s just how it is, even though he promised me they would not do this before I ordered.

He told me I could send them back, and he would include the call tag to include shipping, OR I could try out this diffusion he would send to me. He said it completely eliminates the bad color mixing issues. However, I wondered why he just didn’t include this in the first place if it truly eliminates the problem with these lights.

Since I just wanted working lights, I of course agreed to try the diffusion lenses rather than sending them back, and having to find another light, meaning more wasted time and money.

I received the lenses very quickly, and while they helped, it was not much of a difference. There was still a huge halo and multi color banding on most colors. Look at the example below. It was so bad that when I asked my friends who know nothing about lighting what color I was shining, they responded with “which part of the wall are you referring to.” Need I say more.

I then called the dealer and Frank, and they both told me that there is nothing that can be done, and Frank now would not accept the lights back even though he originally offered to.

I called and called and emailed, and they both just ignored me, although one time I caught Frank on the phone, and he called me a liar, now all the sudden stating his lights don’t do that. As if I was making the whole thing up.

I have never ever dealt with such bad customer service in my entire life. It bothers me that one would operate a “professional business” like this.

Anyhow, just wanted to let everyone know about this, and how Blizzard Lighting treats their customer, not to mention, build low quality lights, and don’t care about customer satisfaction.
DJ GaFFle 8:32 PM - 15 February, 2015
Ahhh... the power of the Internet at work. Sorry to hear you had issues, especially after purchasing so many lights. You may want to post this to www.djchat.com, www.djforums.com, www.ourdjtalk.com. Lots of consumers and vendors there so more attention can be drawn to your concern and perhaps some sort of resolution.
DJ Reflex 8:39 PM - 15 February, 2015
Quote:
Ahhh... the power of the Internet at work. Sorry to hear you had issues, especially after purchasing so many lights. You may want to post this to www.djchat.com, www.djforums.com, www.ourdjtalk.com. Lots of consumers and vendors there so more attention can be drawn to your concern and perhaps some sort of resolution.

I have a similar situation going with another DJ / Laser distributor. I'll let you all know how it works out, but thanks in advance for the other links. You are right - a bit of bad press on these forums can cost shoddy companies a few $$$ when word gets out.
jaswrx 11:48 PM - 15 February, 2015
I am just am making sure you all don't get screwed. Blizzard pretends it will all be okay by offering a refund, but then decides not to do it.

I have it all in writing too. Piece of shit company.
jaswrx 11:51 PM - 15 February, 2015
DJ Remix Detroit 3:57 PM - 17 February, 2015
Did you try disputing the charges with you credit card company? If you are dissatisfied with the product, your cc company can pull the funds from their account.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:05 PM - 17 February, 2015
Quote:
Did you try disputing the charges with you credit card company? If you are dissatisfied with the product, your cc company can pull the funds from their account.

I was JUST about to say this...

Dispute the charge..hopefully you paid with a Visa Credit Card.....then see how quickly things change...
DJ Remix Detroit 4:09 PM - 17 February, 2015
Lol. Things do change quickly when companies see retracted funds in their bank accounts.

On of the reasons why i use bank of america visa. They are great with refunding your money due to crappy service/products.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:33 PM - 17 February, 2015
Yep! BOA is no joke with taking funds back.
jaswrx 6:22 PM - 17 February, 2015
ya, i did, and lost. The problem is it is not against blizzard. It is against the dealer which has a no return policy, and states if there are issues, I have to deal with the manufacture.

AMEX is out at this point, since I did not directly purchase from blizzard.
Rebelguy 9:26 PM - 17 February, 2015
If you are looking to put lighting on a wall but are not concerned with how accurate the colors are or if there is a rainbow effect then blizzard is perfect for you.

If you are looking for accuracy of colors and consistency among multiple fixtures then be prepared to spend $600 & up.
jaswrx 12:22 AM - 18 February, 2015
ha, rainbow effect. It would be fine for downlighting, but going up a wall, ya, accuracy is horrible.

I found the Chauvet Freedom Pars to be excellent for the price range. That's what I ended up getting.
jaswrx 10:51 PM - 19 February, 2015
Legal action begins today!
bjeadeh 1:43 AM - 9 March, 2015
Half of the problems you are having happened to me with Pro DJ Sound Lighting. The audio equipment I received as a Christmas present was defective. I purchased in early December but when opening the very rough looking boxes, one speaker didn't work. I tried contacting Pro DJ crap butts but they said my warranty ran out. Apparently after 7 days, which was one day shorter than the shipping time. I tried to contact the manufacturer but they only replied with a question of what was I talking about, talk to Pro DJ Sound. After a month and stopping payment, they tried contacting me but I was thru with them. Pro DJ disputed the reversal with my bank, claiming credit card fraud, and the bank will be sending them the cash tomorrow.

Don't trust Pro DJ sound lighting, prodjsoundlighting.com, they are very shady. They used to be Audiolines.com but had changed their web address and name under suspicion of fraud. Even though they carry name brand equipment, they are not authorized resellers for the big name manufacturers.
desmorider 3:45 AM - 9 March, 2015
Quote:
Half of the problems you are having happened to me with Pro DJ Sound Lighting. The audio equipment I received as a Christmas present was defective. I purchased in early December but when opening the very rough looking boxes, one speaker didn't work. I tried contacting Pro DJ crap butts but they said my warranty ran out. Apparently after 7 days, which was one day shorter than the shipping time. I tried to contact the manufacturer but they only replied with a question of what was I talking about, talk to Pro DJ Sound. After a month and stopping payment, they tried contacting me but I was thru with them. Pro DJ disputed the reversal with my bank, claiming credit card fraud, and the bank will be sending them the cash tomorrow.

Don't trust Pro DJ sound lighting, prodjsoundlighting.com, they are very shady. They used to be Audiolines.com but had changed their web address and name under suspicion of fraud. Even though they carry name brand equipment, they are not authorized resellers for the big name manufacturers.

So your credit card company sided with the seller(company)? What card was that? What piece of equipment was delivered not working?
bjeadeh 6:57 AM - 9 March, 2015
Bank of America visa. Technical pro speakers. One worked, the other didn't. No offer to help until after I took action then claimed I ripped them off.
DJ Remix Detroit 9:45 PM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:
Bank of America visa. Technical pro speakers. One worked, the other didn't. No offer to help until after I took action then claimed I ripped them off.

you should make a quick video of the speaker not working and send it to BoA's credit card dispute department, that way there is some kind of visual proof that the speaker was DOA. this should help you case.
bjeadeh 10:08 PM - 10 March, 2015
I have taken it to a local repair shop and had it fixed. I'm now only out $85.00 for the repair. Instead of trying to get that money reimbursed, I'm finding it well worth the 85 bucks to bad mouth Pro DJ Sound Lighting and shame them on the Internet.
desmorider 3:05 AM - 11 March, 2015
Quote:

Did technical pro refuse to help also? Man that doesn't say much for technical pro. When I worked for a major electronic manufacturer we fixed lots of items for the consumers that purchased from unauthorized dealers. At the end of the day, you had a product that we manufactured, and it was delivered to you D.O.A. It built good customer relationship, and we hoped that when they replaced that item, they would purchase another one of our products.
bjeadeh 3:12 AM - 11 March, 2015
Technical pro didn't have an address or phone number. They wouldn't help at all. I'm over both of them. I used to be a huge supporter of knockoff equipment and discount retailers. I still believe it's the end user that makes stuff sound good, but now I believe that companies like this really put up big road blocks.