DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Effects & Sampling...

Rebelguy 9:43 PM - 16 May, 2006
I have done a few searches but really haven't come up with a solution yet. Basically I am looking for a portable unit that I can bring to gigs which will allow me to trigger samples and use the effects send on a mixer to add some effects. The main unit I have seen at the moment is the Roland SP-404. Does anyone own this unit? How has it worked for you. How do the effect compare to the Pioneer. Any other units people can recommend?

Chris
gucca69 11:34 PM - 16 May, 2006
the new pioneer efx unit is unbeliveable try it on a demo out at a dj sound store and you wont be disapointed.
Rebelguy 12:50 AM - 17 May, 2006
I have heard it is nice but it still lacks the sampler feature I would like.

Chris
gucca69 9:19 PM - 17 May, 2006
you can use the delay as a sampler and loop it just mess around with the settings check out james zabeila hes a genius with it theres a few video demos around on the web of him using it actually i think there is even one on this forum check it out.
peace
jiggaman108 9:46 PM - 17 May, 2006
hook up any sp-404 videos please, im looken at coppen one
djzoo 9:50 PM - 17 May, 2006
whats up rebel? Where have you been? that other dude aint that good. if you're still in the bay, go down to k&k or Guitar Center in SJ, they'll let you try it out.