DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

windows 10 and serato DJ, working

StoneReign 7:24 AM - 24 January, 2015
I download the tech demo and put it on my 2nd gen i5 laptop. it gave me the same trouble as windows 8 did, so I tried the same fix "Pioneer_DDJ_Driver_1.100" which is an ASIO driver and it worked. I have the DDJ-S1, using Serato dJ 1.7.3 BTW

Just info for the curious. As far as improvements I expect none since its the same hardware. just a different ui built on windows 8.
StoneReign 7:27 AM - 24 January, 2015
oh another issue I had is I had to plug in a mic into the pc mic jack. I guess there was no driver on disk for the internal mic, and windows took control of my controller input right away. for it to work, I had to give windows something else to play with.
Davideon 2:44 PM - 24 January, 2015
Why? Just why?
Papa Midnight 4:27 PM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
Why? Just why?

Some people just never learn...
woody008 5:04 PM - 24 January, 2015
On a related note, the hard drive on my Windows laptop unceremoniously crashed. That laptop didn't come with a recovery disk so I was stuck without an OS till I could get my hand on a Windows 8 license so in the meantime I decided to install Window 10 after I replaced the bad hard drive (with an SSD) and give it a go. So far I have installed Scratch Live and the newest Traktor, they both work without issues so far (after chasing a few software components). The only problem I encountered was that windows 10 does not include the 32 bit version of NET framework so you have install it to get SL to open.
Papa Midnight 6:22 PM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
I was stuck without an OS till I could get my hand on a Windows 8 license so in the meantime I decided to install Window 10

If I'm not mistaken, the license for Windows 8 is written by OEMs straight into the UEFI. You shouldn't have needed a license key.

Also, Microsoft freely distributes the installation media for Windows 8.1: windows.microsoft.com

Obviously, this doesn't help you now, but I thought I'd share just in case any one else runs into the issue you had.
woody008 6:32 PM - 24 January, 2015
Got it, thanks for info. I'm already downloading an ISO file from the link you posted.

Too late for me to re-install Win 8 but so far Win 10 is working just as well as 8 did.
HapeH 6:44 PM - 8 August, 2015
Serato and windows 10 are working together - mostly - saving records will not work: pressing the save button finishes recording but don`t save the mix. status line message: "recording was canceled". In addiidition when closing serato an error occurs...
wellzz 1:44 AM - 27 August, 2015
anyone else running windows 10 with SDJ successfully? was the recording issue resolved?
Origdondada 12:13 AM - 30 September, 2015
I am having issues with stability. I have hp 4gb 750hard drive Intel processor. I have SL1 running on windows 10. I was told that it was too much music in the crates. Usually 10gbs or less is good. I am sure I may have about that much in the subcrates. when I drop music into #1 and 2 sometimes it stalls. any ideas. I am running Ion turntables with a Gemini Mixer.
Origdondada 12:14 AM - 30 September, 2015
Oh and I am running SL version 2.5
DJ Lowrider 4:58 PM - 12 October, 2015
Quote:
anyone else running windows 10 with SDJ successfully? was the recording issue resolved?

Yes, I'm running Serato DJ on a Windows 10 machine with 16GB ram, 1 TB HDD, and a core i7. All woirking a treat. I recorded a 4 hour live set last weekend with no issues.
wellzz 5:46 PM - 12 October, 2015
Sounds great! I on the other hand have been experiencing some issues while using a Rane 68. Without going into too much details, I would start playing and at random points throughout each test I would get a screeching noise that could make one's ears bleed. At that point all of the sound (minus the screech) would disappear. In order for me to play music again, I would have to reset the whole system. I tested this with 3 laptops; 1 running Windows 10, 1 running Windows 7 and another MacBook Pro. So far only the windows 10 has been an issue. Before upgrading to Windows 10, that same machine was running Windows 7 without problems.
RALSTON CHIN 4:10 PM - 28 March, 2016
Any fix for Serato Dj update problems on windows 10?.....can't seem to uninstall older version to install version 1.9....... HELP.
wellzz 10:59 AM - 29 March, 2016
Quote:
Any fix for Serato Dj update problems on windows 10?.....can't seem to uninstall older version to install version 1.9....... HELP.

just install 1.9 over it.
RALSTON CHIN 7:37 PM - 16 April, 2016
Thank You
wellzz 1:58 AM - 11 May, 2016
I lost the ability to drag and drop files from outside folders into serato dj once I upgraded to windows 10. Oddly enough, SSL still allows me to drag and drop with no problem. I actually took my laptop ASUS N56VZ to the Microsoft Store this past weekend to have a tech examine the issue. Unfortunately they could not fix it and asked me to reach out to Serato.

for those wondering what I'm referring to, here is the process that I can no longer do.

1. open serato dj
2. shrink the serato dj window to allow me to see the desktop and other files.
3. grab an mp3 from my desktop and drag it into either a crate or any other window within serato where one should be able to drag and drop a song.
Hanginon 9:42 PM - 11 May, 2016
I have Windows 10 and drag and drop works, but it won't work if you're running Serato DJ as Admin (Administrator).

I use Foobar2000 for some library management. If it AND Serato are run as Admin, drag n drop works. If neither is run as Admin, it works. If only one is opened as Admin, it does not work.

Right click on the Serato desktop icon and check the "compatability" settings.
wellzz 1:01 PM - 15 May, 2016
Quote:
I have Windows 10 and drag and drop works, but it won't work if you're running Serato DJ as Admin (Administrator).

I use Foobar2000 for some library management. If it AND Serato are run as Admin, drag n drop works. If neither is run as Admin, it works. If only one is opened as Admin, it does not work.

Right click on the Serato desktop icon and check the "compatability" settings.

Thanks for that recommendation. I was able to remove the "Run this program as Administrator" and that allowed me to drag and drop into Serato 1.9.1
DJ Jonasty 1:53 PM - 15 May, 2016
Reading this reminds me why I haven't used a pc since 2005.
mscratch 3:17 PM - 20 October, 2016
I use sl1 with scracth live ver. 2.5 it works fine with windows 7 I recently upgraded to windows 10 and sl ver. 2.5 wouldnt| install. So I installed ver. 2.4.4 and it installed, the thing is when playing the tracks the sound is distorted and cracking. I tried windows compatiblity but no luck. I read somewhere that Sl1 wont work with win 10. Can anyone help me? Windows compatibility worked on some of my other programs
Culprit 3:41 PM - 20 October, 2016
Windows 10 has some weird issues going on with the Admin account for sure. It's nothing Serato DJ related.

I tried to log into my Google accounts with the windows sync settings Under the admin account and it won't let you.
mscratch 11:00 PM - 20 October, 2016
You're definitely right. It' w 10..
vone 1:47 PM - 13 November, 2016
I have Scratch Live & SL1 Running on windows 10 the problem is no sound, it shows the song Playing,i want to use two Denon S300 as controller but the program not reading them,i am sure i have everthing hooked up right tone cds in players and cd player output to Sl1 input,When i try thru output of SL1 I hear the cd tone but not through line outputs also SL1 not showing in sounds and audio,Can someone please help ?
RALSTON CHIN 2:42 AM - 15 November, 2016
Crash after 1.9.1 HELP!
Crackpipe 6:16 AM - 15 November, 2016
SL and Windows 10 do not play nice. Thats why I sucked it up and bought a macbook.
mscratch 4:33 PM - 18 November, 2016
Von Are you using serato scracth live ver 2.5.0 with windows 10 ? If you are , try downloading ver 2.4.4 The latest ver 2.5.0 worked perfectly for me with win 7 but when I upgraded to win 10 it wouldn't work at all so I installed 2.4.4 and after running compatibility trouble shooter (windows) and running the program as administrator, it finally works . The only problem is the inner play mode doesn't work properly . I have to agree with crackpipe SL and win10 don't seem to run together to nice
RALSTON CHIN 7:35 AM - 1 December, 2016
my DDJ SX2 will not open with SERATO since I upgrade to Windows 10..... Did all the DRIVERS and FIRMWARE but still crashing SERATO ,,,, What should I do?
Culprit 8:02 AM - 1 December, 2016
Culprit 8:03 AM - 1 December, 2016
it could be defective, try sending the unit back to pioneer for inspection. I had a problem with a platter and it was fixed under warranty.
RALSTON CHIN 2:08 AM - 4 December, 2016
It worked with my older TOSHIBA
music lovers 8:35 PM - 13 January, 2017
i also have a sound issue, SL1 ver2.4.4 with win 10 when the box unplugged.
i dont know what to do now :(
dj ricksta 7:29 PM - 15 January, 2017
Sorry guys but I'm having trouble using my sl1 also with Windows 10 I'm veeeeeery new to this but I have a few questions. what all do I need to run my denon dns 1000 cdjs to my laptop. I bought a used sl1 and I hook every thing up and don't recognize. Finally I found the drivers and only has sl2 and up. Why is that? I would really appreciate it if some one can help cause I have no clue where I'm at or what I'm doin. Thank guys
DJ TooHypE 12:11 AM - 17 January, 2017
SL1 is not supported under Windows 10 they discontinued support along few other Rane Devices too.

dj.rane.com
DJ TooHypE 12:12 AM - 17 January, 2017
Plus only Serato Scratch Live works with SL1 and not Serato DJ
treday 2:53 AM - 20 February, 2018
Need help serato dj do 1.9.5 and up dont work with my windows 10..just got my mixar duo...need help
HK1200 3:41 AM - 20 February, 2018
Quote:
SL1 is not supported under Windows 10 they discontinued support along few other Rane Devices too.

dj.rane.com

Fwiw, my sl1 box and ssl work perfectly on Windows 10 with all current updates. Latency set to minimum. Never had a single problem, crash, dropout, etc.
treday 1:48 PM - 20 February, 2018
My serato dj is not loading with the new update 1.9.4...and up...just got my mixars mixer and controller need help...i have window 10...all my pet are up to date...
Culprit 5:50 PM - 20 February, 2018
Hey Treday,

serato.com

This is the new Serato DJ Pro 2.0. It is a Beta which means do not play it out as its not ready to be released yet officially. Give that a shot and let us know if it fixes your problem.
treday 7:23 PM - 20 February, 2018
Is this on the web page the new 2.0
treday 8:43 PM - 20 February, 2018
Ok where's the link..? can t find the new beta 2.0...or the pro on line
HK1200 8:48 PM - 20 February, 2018
Pretty sure that link leads to a sdj pro beta sub-forum which some of us do not have permission to access, so we are redirected to the main page.
treday 9:16 PM - 20 February, 2018
ok I need my sdj to work on windows 10 I need to talk this though with someone
treday 9:28 PM - 20 February, 2018
The serato dj volume meter on serato dj is not there...i can't calibrate my turntables..i can't click the abs to rel...and the bar that sit in the middle of the waves is not there..but i can load music.....plesse help..my mixar duo will not link..to the new version...from 1.9.6...up..
treday 10:10 PM - 21 February, 2018
ok what happen no response.....?????
Culprit 2:04 AM - 22 February, 2018
i'm sorry i thought the thread went public beta but it has not yet, it's in invite beta but should be released soon, so just hang tight.