DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane 57MKII, your thoughts...

L2daGee 7:22 PM - 22 January, 2015
Price is a bit steep when compared to the 62. No built in effects, no manual loop controls, and only 4 sample buttons per deck. Also no Scratch Live.

If the price comes down and they make it compatible with SL, or if SDJ actually becomes reliable, this may be a purchase for a backup to my 62.
gfella 8:36 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
Price is a bit steep when compared to the 62. Also no Scratch Live.

Didn't see a price, how much is it then?
I'm still on SSL, would be nice if you could use the 57mk2 also with SSL just like the 62.
I could not find any info about the souncard, but I assume It has the same souncard as the 61/62?
Good alternative for the 61 if you ask me.(besides SDJ only)
Detroitbootybass 9:59 PM - 22 January, 2015
I guess this will be found at retail for $1300 (lower than the MAP).

The biggest downfall is the lack of SSL support (I'm no fan of SDJ).
SG SOUNDS 10:11 PM - 22 January, 2015
Is the sound card the same as the 62 and the same crossfader? Will the price be lower than the 62? Also how will it compare to the 62? Ive never owned a 57 but from diffrent reviews it seems like it was the best rane mixer ever......
DJMark 11:02 PM - 22 January, 2015
Not compatible with Scratch Live = No Sale.
krisp kutz 11:03 PM - 22 January, 2015
I wonder if the slicone cue/sample buttons will be availble for the 62 i always thought that it would be dope to have rubber buttons on the 62.
monchi 12:21 AM - 23 January, 2015
@Krisp no on the butttons
djcaba 5:06 AM - 23 January, 2015
Well setting aside the fact that scratch live IS discontinued for the most part - plus the fact that serato dj has risen to the competition (btw nice touch with the newly added "echo out" effect in the recent patch)..

I am honestly considering this as a definitive upgrade from the rane 61 (coming from a 57 mk1 years prior). I currently use the 61 with a pioneer sp1 and have no complaints. For me, I feel like I don't NEED to upgrade, but will consider the WANT to upgrade if the price is reasonable.

I'm diggin' the classic 57 faceplate look - especially the dual USB interface..

I don't really like the pads since im used to using the 8-button layout as seen on a pioneer sp1 / ddj flagship lineup. My only other gripe would have to be the predictably high-end price.

I wonder why a different style light-up button and size was used on the mk2 compared to the ones on 61 and 62?
Perhaps for the multiple colors on the pads is my guess.

Still, I enjoy the convenience of eight cue buttons - but then again, the layout would look too cramped together.

IMHO the 57mk2 seems to take the "best of both worlds" [the 57mk1 and 62] (Watchm.youtube.com).
boabmatic 11:38 AM - 23 January, 2015
the only thing is that they removed the thing I miss the most about the 57 when using the 62.
The Master/cue switch, I don't like the knobs to change between the cue - mix ratio.

But I've got round it on the 62 by keeping the knob in the middle of the and toggling on/off the cues to prevent moving the knob.

I'm in 2 minds about the 57mk2 ... I love that's its back to the old Rane look but if I switched from the 62 to the 57 I not sure if it would feel I was going backwards rather than forwards.

So in a way I'm glad that its not way ahead of the 62 as its not as big an urge to spend any more cash on a new mixer :)

but if I hadn't bought a 62 I would have been pre-ordering one in a second ;)
gfella 12:46 PM - 23 January, 2015

Djcaba, thx for the link.

Rafael@Rane

Is it an option to replace the buttons on the 62 with the rubber buttons from the 57mk2 in the future?
Don't care for the colors, only the feel.
I'm sure many 62 users would like that.
boabmatic 1:07 PM - 23 January, 2015
from what I've read its not possible.
DJ Quartz 4:50 PM - 23 January, 2015
Hopefully the current battle bridges kit will work, dj.rane.com
Dj Owe 5:07 PM - 23 January, 2015
As long as the joysticks are programme mappable thats the only thing I miss about my 57.
DJ Quartz 5:50 PM - 23 January, 2015
Battle Bridges will work... confirmed
AKIEM 8:02 PM - 23 January, 2015
So, various controls are "midi-mapable".

Is that "re-mapable" as in the former functions are over written, or do they still do as labeled?
(in particular the joysticks)

Just thought I would ask.
DJ Grand D 10:31 PM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Price is a bit steep when compared to the 62. Also no Scratch Live.

Didn't see a price, how much is it then?
I'm still on SSL, would be nice if you could use the 57mk2 also with SSL just like the 62.
I could not find any info about the souncard, but I assume It has the same souncard as the 61/62?
Good alternative for the 61 if you ask me.(besides SDJ only)

You can use the 57mk2 with SSL just like the 62
gfella 10:41 PM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:

You can use the 57mk2 with SSL just like the 62

The old 57 yes, the 57mk2 is SDJ only, just like the 64.
DJ Quartz 10:48 PM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
The old 57 yes, the 57mk2 is SDJ only, just like the 64

This
DJ Quartz 10:51 PM - 23 January, 2015
The only thing I'm wondering is why didn't they just call it a 58 or a 67? Ha ha

You got this big model number printer on the damn mixer now.
AKIEM 10:53 PM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
The only thing I'm wondering is why didn't they just call it a 58 or a 67? Ha ha

You got this big model number printer on the damn mixer now.

I think they wanted to emphasize how near it is to the original. Mach II, as in just fixing the problems and adding some standards.
DJ Quartz 10:55 PM - 23 January, 2015
True but, when your calling for your writer. Can I get 57mk2?

Oh you mean that 57 thingamajig... Ha ha
DJ Quartz 10:58 PM - 23 January, 2015
Not to mention stepping up from 56 model it was the 57SL, so 58 would have been catchy and easy to communicate.

67 wouldn't fit because the 6x series mixers have a different chassis, etc...

58 would have been the perfect name,
gfella 11:10 PM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:

I think they wanted to emphasize how near it is to the original.

Yep.
I wonder how eventually the 57M5G would look if they go that route;)
DJ Quartz 11:56 PM - 23 January, 2015
I have one request, add a shift function to use all eight pads on the 57mk2 for an assigned deck.

What I mean is, I would to be able if needed for routines is hit shift and pick the deck that I want 1 or 2 and be able to trigger all 8 cue point in that cue mode.
DJ Quartz 4:25 PM - 24 January, 2015
Was anyone at Namm and was able to see how the new buttons feel?
BBN 9:18 PM - 24 January, 2015
I really thought this is my next mixer, but then I realized that the onboard and post-fader effects are missing. So no delay cuts and stuff with this baby? Really?
AKIEM 10:08 PM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
I really thought this is my next mixer, but then I realized that the onboard and post-fader effects are missing. So no delay cuts and stuff with this baby? Really?

With my 57 I've mostly only used the internal effects for post-fade delay which actually sounds horrible on its own trailed out. And then some other SSL software effects which seem to work fine.

As long as I can get the all essential post fader delay (echo) bpm locked from the software effects I'm perfectly fine.

The good thing about software effects is the sync.

The good thing about hardware effects was saving CPU. Siuldnt really be an issue anymore.

So for effects for analog vinyl, no sync anyway the thing to do would be use FlexFx and hardware effects.

I think they got it right this time. Recognizing EVERYONE had to figure out the routing trick on the TTM57 for the delay.
DJ Quartz 10:10 PM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
So for effects for analog vinyl, no sync anyway the thing to do would be use FlexFx and hardware effects.

If you can tap the bpm via the beats dial and you're using Thru mode, you could accomplish the same feat.
AKIEM 10:16 PM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

If you can tap the bpm via the beats dial and you're using Thru mode, you could accomplish the same feat.

Right, I meant vinyl without laptop.

Guess my main point is I won't be missing the internal effects.

As long as this is possible.

The foot switch triggering the send POST FADER to the soft effects and back to the 57 (on 3rd channel no less)

youtu.be
DJ Quartz 10:20 PM - 24 January, 2015
Ah yes!
DJ Quartz 10:26 PM - 24 January, 2015
People are shooting prices around, still hearing $1749.
AKIEM 10:35 PM - 24 January, 2015
What was the retail price 2006 $1400 ?

$1650 would be the same calculated with inflation.

Not too far off.
AKIEM 10:36 PM - 24 January, 2015
I'm just happy Rane seems to have listened to so much of the feedback here.
BBN 12:46 AM - 25 January, 2015
I'm using the Echo on my Sixty-Two a lot for scratching and if you turn down the faders using internal Serato DJ effects, then the sound is off.
With onboard effects delays and stuff get a nice tail that you can still hear when turning down a fader.
If this is possible with the 57MKII, then I'd go for it, just because I don't need all the buttons on my Sixty-Two and also USB on top of the XLR makes so much sense. Kill buttons and stuff are also nice, but without duck echo and stuff I'd miss a feature that I use extremely often.
boabmatic 1:33 AM - 25 January, 2015
The softwareFX are post fader on the 62 if you turn on the the USB insert mode.
Serato, Support
Martin C 1:07 PM - 25 January, 2015
I can confirm that if you use the controls on the mixer which control the software effects, they will be post fader, just as you can achieve on the Sixty-Two.
BBN 4:33 PM - 25 January, 2015
Good to know. Thx for the info. I tried this a few times with my Sixty-Two, but somehow it never worked. Have to give the manual another deep read to find out what I'm doing wrong.
If this really works the 57MKII will replace my Sixty-Two, just because it looks better and I don't use the blinking lights anyways. Plus I really digg the USB ports on top of the XLR in the clubs. Not a big deal, but allways good if DJs want to use their own cables instead of mine.
boabmatic 5:04 PM - 25 January, 2015
You just need to hit the USB INSERT button ( red one on the left of the hardware FX section ) then hit the flex fx on the channel you want the effect on.

Then just play with the software FX's , I remap the Mic controls to do this ( hold the shift + Mic button once to isolate the mic section controls so that they only send midi info and dont affect audio)
DJ Quartz 5:48 PM - 25 January, 2015
^ Check
BBN 6:23 PM - 25 January, 2015
O.k., got it, I allways had one of the onboards effects activated, that's why it didn't work.
But Duck Echo isn't possible and everything else just doesn't sound good.
JayB1200 7:25 PM - 25 January, 2015
No FX on the Aux Channel??
PopRoXxX 9:42 PM - 25 January, 2015
57 MKII has my vote! I second Quartz's 'Shift' button request, just a tad differently:

Since there is no 'Deck A/B' button like the previous 57, I think being able to hit the 'Shift' button in CUE mode should enable you to use CUE's 5-8 on each deck, just like CUE's 1-4 are setup initially on each deck from factory with 'Shift' not pushed
Gio Alex 10:34 PM - 25 January, 2015
One thing I noticed about the MKII that has me a bit confused and makes me really not into visually is the weird ass decision to put that sweep graphic near the EQs instead of the standard dots that indicate the dials. Like every other mixer ever created. It makes the mixer look like a toy and a joke. Seriously though, why? Anyone else notice that? It's just a strange decision.

The RGB pads make me think of an akai lpd8. It just looks cheap. I'm glad the kept the footswitch though.
BBN 10:58 PM - 25 January, 2015
Quote:
57 MKII has my vote! I second Quartz's 'Shift' button request, just a tad differently:

Since there is no 'Deck A/B' button like the previous 57, I think being able to hit the 'Shift' button in CUE mode should enable you to use CUE's 5-8 on each deck, just like CUE's 1-4 are setup initially on each deck from factory with 'Shift' not pushed

yeah, would be nice to have something like Shift + The first button in line to activate all 8 cuepoints for deck A and Shift + The last button in line to activate all 8 cuepoints for deck B.
Shouldn't be too difficult for Rane and Serato.
SG SOUNDS 12:11 PM - 26 January, 2015
Overall this is still not a better mixer than the 62..Why would a 62 user switch to this?
Gio Alex 2:15 PM - 26 January, 2015
Quote:
Overall this is still not a better mixer than the 62..Why would a 62 user switch to this?

I'm almost certain it's not geared towards peple that already own a 62. I'm sure it's for those that still have a 57 and were patiently waiting for a 57 update.
AKIEM 3:37 PM - 26 January, 2015
I waited instead of buy a 61/62.

Very happy I did.

Almost gave in many times and was resigned to get a 61 after NAMM.
DJ Quartz 4:28 PM - 26 January, 2015
Quote:

Targeted to the people who like the 57 design and layout who didn't upgrade.
X-ACT0 7:08 PM - 26 January, 2015
Quote:

+1

Is it possible to access cues 5-8 for each deck from this mixer? I haven't heard anyone talking about it or seen anyone demonstrating that...
DJ Quartz 8:32 PM - 26 January, 2015
This is why I made the request one time because even in the youtube video it didn't show that at all.
PopRoXxX 11:39 PM - 26 January, 2015
Quote:
This is why I made the request one time because even in the youtube video it didn't show that at all.

Exactly. I'm hoping it already does this, they're just not stating it or forgetting to in all the excitement this has brought
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 2:20 AM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Is it possible to access cues 5-8 for each deck from this mixer? I haven't heard anyone talking about it or seen anyone demonstrating that...

It's not currently possible, no. The SHIFT + CUE mode idea isn't bad though, I'm sure we can discuss options like this with Rane :)
PopRoXxX 2:31 AM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's not currently possible, no. The SHIFT + CUE mode idea isn't bad though, I'm sure we can discuss options like this with Rane :)

Awesome! Please do. Being able to access all 8 cues on this new mixer would just be the best cherry on top ever. lol
AKIEM 3:15 AM - 28 January, 2015
I seldom use more than 2 cue points on a track (currently) but I would think being able to trigger all cue points is essential...
DJ Em Nice 6:25 AM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:

Just curious, did Rane not seek the input of any DJs while working on the enhancement of this remake?

I ask because Rane worked with Z Trip on his limited edition mixer.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 6:54 AM - 28 January, 2015
Yup Rane worked with lots of DJs on this. So did we! The target DJ here is more the use a few cue points drop a few samples and Echo out kinda DJ. So we tried to focus on what they actually will use rather than throw a bunch of things on it that are rarely used. Apart from the other 4 cue points which I'm sure we can nicely incorporate, what do you think is lacking?
L2daGee 8:52 AM - 28 January, 2015
Just want confirmation that fx can be routed post fader.
dj shadow from detroit 5:14 PM - 28 January, 2015
I would trade my 62 for the 57MK2 if you could use scratchlive with it.
Gio Alex 5:37 PM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:

Nope. SDJ only.
PopRoXxX 6:10 PM - 28 January, 2015
I'm so happy this mixer was made! Funny thing: they way I custom mapped my old 57's functions is how this new model comes stock. Amazing!

Being able to trigger all 8 CUE points and having post-fader effects are my 2 things with this mixer. But overall, looks like it'll be my next mixer to grab.

Maybe I should hit up Rane to see if I can get one early to show off at all my Universal shows here in Orlando <--- wishful thinking lol
SG SOUNDS 7:40 PM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:

why? the 62 is still better.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 8:38 PM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
Just want confirmation that fx can be routed post fader.

Yes the software FX will be post-fader.
DJMark 9:14 PM - 28 January, 2015
Is Serato not allowing you to build in Scratch Live compatibility?

Seems like Scratch Live compatibility would help you sell more of these...
Gio Alex 9:31 PM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
Is Serato not allowing you to build in Scratch Live compatibility?

Seems like Scratch Live compatibility would help you sell more of these...

I think they want that money from the new comers. In there defense though, they're pushing new software so advertising the older one would be backwards.
Gio Alex 9:32 PM - 28 January, 2015
Their* not there.

Can we get an edit button on this forum already!? lol
DJMark 9:54 PM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
I think they want that money from the new comers. In there defense though, they're pushing new software so advertising the older one would be backwards.

Rane isn't selling software, they're selling mixers.

If the 57 mkII was compatible with Scratch Live, it would mean more potential sales.
Gio Alex 10:00 PM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Rane isn't selling software, they're selling mixers.

If the 57 mkII was compatible with Scratch Live, it would mean more potential sales.

You said it yourself, "Rane isn't selling software", it being compatible with SSL is a software thing and that falls under Serato. The mixer is still a mixer whether you use software or not.
DJMark 10:07 PM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
it being compatible with SSL is a software thing and that falls under Serato

Which is why I asked if Serato was disallowing Rane from including compatibility with Scratch Live.

From Rane's viewpoint, Scratch Live compatibility would be a very good thing, since many DJ's are still avoiding Serato DJ at this time.
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:21 PM - 28 January, 2015
Its not that we explicitly "disallow" Rane to include compatibility of anything. Its about the fact that if we supported this mixer with Scratch Live, we (Serato) would have to spend development time on Scratch Live, which is a software we no longer plan to develop.
WarpNote 10:22 PM - 28 January, 2015
From Serato's viewpoint, I'm sure that would mean doing double work, and half of that work on a discontinued software. There was a fair bit of issues with the 62 when switching software/drivers, remember?

Soon you'd have 64 users asking for the same, then other hardware like the 900SRT, 900NXS, etc. I'd rather have Serato working on making SDJ as good as possible. If staying with SSL is important, then probably go with a 57mk1, or hook up the SL box....
Gio Alex 10:25 PM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
it being compatible with SSL is a software thing and that falls under Serato

Which is why I asked if Serato was disallowing Rane from including compatibility with Scratch Live.

From Rane's viewpoint, Scratch Live compatibility would be a very good thing, since many DJ's are still avoiding Serato DJ at this time.

I hear you, but we're talking about a company moving forward and that would be steps backwards.
Gio Alex 10:26 PM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:

I have SDJ and I still avoid it, you I get where you're coming from.
DJMark 10:43 PM - 28 January, 2015
If only "forward" meant "works better"...
Gio Alex 10:45 PM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
If only "forward" meant "works better"...

Hahaha true.

When companies decide to make a move they continue on with that decision whether it's for the best or not. That's the corporate world for ya. What logic??? lol
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:57 PM - 28 January, 2015
We are confident our decisions have been made for the best. We wouldn't just stick with something blindly working away at it if we didn't think it was the right thing to do.

I'd like to know more about the issues you guys are having with Serato DJ, but this discussion is about letting the 57MKII shine, because its a great mixer.

Feel free to personal message me, or I at least hope you have been in contact with our Support Team to help us make Serato DJ better for you.
Gio Alex 11:04 PM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
We are confident our decisions have been made for the best. We wouldn't just stick with something blindly working away at it if we didn't think it was the right thing to do.

I'd like to know more about the issues you guys are having with Serato DJ, but this discussion is about letting the 57MKII shine, because its a great mixer.

Feel free to personal message me, or I at least hope you have been in contact with our Support Team to help us make Serato DJ better for you.

Thanks Martin, I'll start by apologizing for being bitter. It's just that a good number of us still can't get the hang of Serato DJ. I can speak for myself, my few attempts to use it haven't been pleasant experiences. I'm definitely keeping an open mind, especially since I will have to adapt anyway.
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:06 PM - 28 January, 2015
Its ok man - the support team and I are here to help with any Serato DJ issues. I've sent you a PM, perhaps you could elaborate there and we can let this discussion continue on about the dope mixer Rane just dropped on the world.
L2daGee 11:15 PM - 28 January, 2015
The mixer is dope. I want one, however at the moment for me SL is the more reliable option. With that being said, I decided to run SDJ last night at a gig using my 62. Taking the advice from support to avoid the mega-lag issue, I adjusted the buffer before starting. 4 flawless hours. Tonight I'm going to test without adjusting the buffer first. If all is good, I see a 57MKII in my future.
DJ Em Nice 6:38 AM - 29 January, 2015
Quote:
what do you think is lacking?

I guess for starters the option to use SSL. The current users, me included understand that there will not longer be any support for SSL however, that doesn't mean that those who currently use SSL will automatically switch over to SD. If for any reason SD is not working properly the option to switch over to SSL is huge, especially during an event.
DJ Em Nice 6:41 AM - 29 January, 2015
Quote:

what he said...+1
Gio Alex 1:09 PM - 29 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

what he said...+1

Despite all the wonderful support I've been given by the serato team and great points everyone has made, I have to admit that the point made above is very true.

I really want to MKII, and the only hesititation is no SSL option. I think a lot of people purchased the Sixty series mixers knowing that they can still use serato until they're ready for the SDJ switch.

It's easy to get new comers to use SDJ because they have nothing to compare it to, but for a lot of us who've been using SSL for years and find little to nothing wrong with it, it's a tough sell.

I for one have owned traktor several times throughout the years. I've even got sent a package to test and keep; still could not get down with it because SSL spoke my language so well. In fact, I have a scratch packaged sealed and never opened because I hate it so much. Lol

Anyway, the MKII looks great and I'll have to give in eventually. I'm really glad Rane kept the footswitch on there. Great move.
boabmatic 2:15 PM - 30 January, 2015
the pricing seams wrong in the UK :)

from decks.co.uk www.decks.co.uk

61 - £999 ($1500)
62 - £1550 ($2333)
64 - £1559 ($2405)
57MK2 - £1599 ($2405)

it would be hard to choose the 57mk2 over the 62 when they are the same price.
DJ Quartz 2:57 PM - 30 January, 2015

Start a feature thread. If enough people request I'm sure it might come to light and also help the transition.

Look at it this way, Serato DJ is their bread and butter now. So they have to warrant using resources to implement support in SSL which is end of life now.
DJ Quartz 3:00 PM - 30 January, 2015
Also, which means Rane would have to license SSL to warrant to financial loss for dev time.

To which they might look at it as WHY would be license SSL anymore which it's discontinued and we're licensing Serato DJ now?
DJ Quartz 3:01 PM - 30 January, 2015
Quote:
To which they might look at it as WHY would be license SSL anymore which it's discontinued and we're licensing Serato DJ now?

Let me try this again...

To which Rane might look at it as WHY would we license Scratch Live anymore which is discontinued and we're already licensing Serato DJ now.
Detroitbootybass 4:02 PM - 30 January, 2015
SSL support has nothing to do with Rane - it is 100% Serato's choice. And Serato will not license SSL at all as they only want to work on SDJ.

You can complain to Serato, but it'll fall on deaf ears.
Gio Alex 4:28 PM - 30 January, 2015
Quote:
SSL support has nothing to do with Rane - it is 100% Serato's choice. And Serato will not license SSL at all as they only want to work on SDJ.

You can complain to Serato, but it'll fall on deaf ears.

True.

Quote:
Look at it this way, Serato DJ is their bread and butter now. So they have to warrant using resources to implement support in SSL which is end of life now.

This is also true, but I need some clarification on this. If the software is no longer supported what difference would it make to just give us access to it? What resources? How would that cost them more if it's not supported anyway? Just allow us to use it. If it doesn't work, then it doesn't work. We would just have to accept that. I have no issues with the last installment of SSL. Things I want changed are available in SDJ. So there's always that.

I can understand when people are being stubborn when it comes to change, but a lot of us are not crazy about SDJ over SSL for solid and legitimate reasons.
PopRoXxX 7:40 PM - 30 January, 2015
I say just leave it for SDJ, keep your old 57 MK I for SSL. That way development can keep going forward with making SDJ as best as it can be.

I didn't like SDJ right when I first jumped from SSL and I still go back and forth between the two to this day. But as SDJ has evolved and with the whole Serato team working their asses off, I have not had a major problem in months. The future will definitely be SDJ and slowly I will start putting away SSL more and more. But I will still always have my old 57 for SSL and whatever other hardware for SDJ.

I can also add that when I get my 57 MKII, I will most likely be playing on SDJ a lot more than SSL thanks to this new mixer release.
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:46 PM - 30 January, 2015
Quote:
This is also true, but I need some clarification on this. If the software is no longer supported what difference would it make to just give us access to it? What resources? How would that cost them more if it's not supported anyway? Just allow us to use it. If it doesn't work, then it doesn't work. We would just have to accept that.

"Just giving access to it" costs development resources. We haven't done anything special to make it not work with Scratch Live as it stands, but you ask your question as if we have.

The difference is, to make anything work with our software we have to a few things:

• Handshake between software and hardware. This means the hardware has to meet our standard of what we consider a secure handshake, a way to recognise that this device is what it says it is without doubt. This may require tweaking on the firmware end, and the way it is done in the software may be different in Scratch Live than it is in Serato DJ.

• Mapping the audio channels to device. When we send the audio streams from the software to the hardware, we need to make sure deck 1 comes out of channel 1 etc.

• Mapping the software controls so that the devices buttons do something. Depending on the complexity and the layers of the mixer this can require some custom work

• Any other features specific to the device, which require software/hardware integration in some way e.g Insert USB FX routing

This all costs thousands of dollars in development and testing resource. As I've stated before, we aren't willing to spend that kind of money on software we don't continue to develop.

So you see, supporting it doesn't only mean maintaining it going forward (which includes bug fixing and customer support for the product) it also means we have to spend a fair amount of development resource to make it work in the first place. You suggest that we somehow wouldn't need to "support" it and it may just work, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way.
Gio Alex 11:02 PM - 30 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
This is also true, but I need some clarification on this. If the software is no longer supported what difference would it make to just give us access to it? What resources? How would that cost them more if it's not supported anyway? Just allow us to use it. If it doesn't work, then it doesn't work. We would just have to accept that.

"Just giving access to it" costs development resources. We haven't done anything special to make it not work with Scratch Live as it stands, but you ask your question as if we have.

The difference is, to make anything work with our software we have to a few things:

•&nbsp;Handshake between software and hardware. This means the hardware has to meet our standard of what we consider a secure handshake, a way to recognise that this device is what it says it is without doubt. This may require tweaking on the firmware end, and the way it is done in the software may be different in Scratch Live than it is in Serato DJ.

•&nbsp;Mapping the audio channels to device. When we send the audio streams from the software to the hardware, we need to make sure deck 1 comes out of channel 1 etc.

•&nbsp;Mapping the software controls so that the devices buttons do something. Depending on the complexity and the layers of the mixer this can require some custom work

• Any other features specific to the device, which require software/hardware integration in some way e.g Insert USB FX routing

This all costs thousands of dollars in development and testing resource. As I've stated before, we aren't willing to spend that kind of money on software we don't continue to develop.

So you see, supporting it doesn't only mean maintaining it going forward (which includes bug fixing and customer support for the product) it also means we have to spend a fair amount of development resource to make it work in the first place. You suggest that we somehow wouldn't need to "support" it and it may just work, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

I'm happy this is all out in the open. Because some of us have a hard time understanding this without all the clarification. You do understand the resistance or hesitation to change though, right? I think a lot of people had the, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality about SSL. We recognize that there needed to be improvements and in order to improve there needed to be this change. I get it now. It's inevitable, so we should all get comfortable with SDJ.
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:20 PM - 31 January, 2015
I completely understand Gio Alex :)

Unfortunately for us, it was broke, and we needed to fix it. Scratch Live and ITCH became unmaintainable codebases which were extremely resource heavy to advance further. I know Scratch Live in particular was enjoyed by a lot of people.

I'm happy to put it all out in the open and explain things as best I can, because we'll continue to work our hardest until everyone feels as comfortable about Serato DJ as they did with Scratch Live.
DJ Quartz 9:44 PM - 1 February, 2015
Really and Truly Scratch Live came out in 2004, Serato DJ just came out so it will need some time to mature.

But my point is this, if world class DJ's are using it in comfort so I don't see what this huge fuss is about all the time.

If you're having issues, raise them to support and get the problems knows so they can be fixed.

You still have Scratch Live to use, so you can use them in tandem. That's personally what I did until I switched completely.

The problem I had was hardware, I can't wait for this 57MK2 to drop because I'm completely SICK of disconnecting and reconnecting this SL4 borrowed for the meantime.

The was one of the reasons I switched over to the Serato platform in the FIRST place!
DJ Quartz 6:08 PM - 5 February, 2015
I'm hoping the loop, effects and cue section is good enough to remove the dependency of a DDJ-SP1.
DJ Quartz 3:53 AM - 6 February, 2015
Anybody get a concrete price on it yet?
L2daGee 4:16 AM - 6 February, 2015
AGIPro has it for under $1600 if you register.
AKIEM 4:55 PM - 6 February, 2015
Hope I can get some of these questions answered?

serato.com
nik39 5:44 PM - 8 February, 2015
Quote:
the only thing is that they removed the thing I miss the most about the 57 when using the 62.
The Master/cue switch, I don't like the knobs to change between the cue - mix ratio.

True :( That bothers me too!
DJ Quartz 7:09 PM - 8 February, 2015
+ 1,000,0000

I've gotten used to it because the club where I spin at has a 68 and I had to spin on 62's in other scenario's.

But when I use my full setup, the fader for the cue section rules!
DJ Quartz 11:41 PM - 9 February, 2015
Quote:

Wow, one of the dealers in Toronto is quoting it might be $2400.

That is a BIG difference in price, exchange or not.
Gio Alex 11:44 PM - 9 February, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Wow, one of the dealers in Toronto is quoting it might be $2400.

That is a BIG difference in price, exchange or not.

That's weird cuz the retail is $1749
DJ Quartz 11:56 PM - 9 February, 2015
Yeah but I'm in Canada, so who knows how they're going to kill us with price out here.
Detroitbootybass 3:48 PM - 10 February, 2015
The Canadian dollar is expected for fall further against the USD. Currently it is around 80, but could drop into the 60s in the future (depending on if oil prices stay low).
DJ Quartz 8:43 PM - 10 February, 2015
Sounds like I need to do some gigs in the US.
gfella 10:25 PM - 10 February, 2015
Hey DJ Quartz

Your name is mentioned in this arcticle, is this you or someone copied your name?

djworx.com
DJ Quartz 10:34 PM - 10 February, 2015
Nik39 pointed that out to me in another thread. That's not me.
DJ Quartz 7:47 PM - 25 February, 2015
My parents are in Florida until May so I'm just going to purchase from GC and have it shipped to them to bring back for me unless they have a shipping special at the time.
DJ Quartz 2:50 AM - 26 February, 2015
Prostar claims to have them in stock, www.proaudiostar.com
cosmic j 2:29 AM - 13 March, 2015
i havent bought it bcuz i dont have the money for it so i dont know if it will work when your ready to pay at checkout, but thought id let u all kno, turntablelab.com right now has 12% off if u enter spring12.
so that knocks of $209 bucks off of the mixer. you can only preorder right now but give it a shot people, hope it saves you all money. let us kno how it goes...
DJ Quartz 2:31 AM - 13 March, 2015
Right now, seeing what it's priced at I feel it's too much when you're not getting an onboard dsp.
cosmic j 2:53 AM - 13 March, 2015
it is but forget onboard dsp, this mixer is clean and full of options but simple, only concern realisticly here is, will serato dj finallllllyyyyy effinnn work reliably..
cosmic j 2:54 AM - 13 March, 2015
dont wanna here seratos bull on it, we all kno it hasnt worked good and just wanna see that it works finally please
DJ MARK NYC 5:26 PM - 13 March, 2015
Quote:
Is the sound card the same as the 62 and the same crossfader? Will the price be lower than the 62? Also how will it compare to the 62? Ive never owned a 57 but from diffrent reviews it seems like it was the best rane mixer ever......

I like the old 57. And I need to test out the new MKII to see if there is a difference. I like the 62 but to me 57 will always be better
DJ Quartz 8:07 PM - 16 March, 2015
Quote:
dont wanna here seratos bull on it, we all kno it hasnt worked good and just wanna see that it works finally please

Serato DJ does work, you need to be more specific that that.

I love the 57 layout but the price is out to lunch.
desmorider 11:02 PM - 16 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Serato DJ does work, you need to be more specific that that.

I love the 57 layout but the price is out to lunch.

When is the damn thing going to be available?
dj Krazey leo 12:40 PM - 17 March, 2015
Can rane post videos with the thing in action ?
desmorider 12:45 PM - 17 March, 2015
It doesn't exist
Gio Alex 2:27 PM - 17 March, 2015
Quote:
It doesn't exist

LMAO

1st of April they'll drop the april fools.
SG SOUNDS 11:08 PM - 17 March, 2015
Still cant find anything on this new mixer to beat out the 62...Whats better on this mixer than the 62?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:09 PM - 17 March, 2015
Quote:
It doesn't exist

instagram.com
dj Krazey leo 11:31 PM - 17 March, 2015
Thanks for the pics sir but I still wanna see it in action.
DJ Quartz 11:32 PM - 17 March, 2015
True
desmorider 11:33 PM - 17 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
It doesn't exist

instagram.com

Means nothing. Would rather see pocs posted bu end users. Wasn't it suppose to be released in Feb?
dj Krazey leo 11:35 PM - 17 March, 2015
Exactly I would be happy with a promo video from rane with the mixer in use .
desmorider 11:44 PM - 17 March, 2015
Pics not pocs
DJ Quartz 11:49 PM - 17 March, 2015
ETA was end of March and shipped by late April.
AKIEM 12:12 AM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
Still cant find anything on this new mixer to beat out the 62...Whats better on this mixer than the 62?

Its a 57
SG SOUNDS 12:14 AM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Its a 57

With no better features than the 62
AKIEM 1:08 AM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Its a 57

When the TTM57 came out there were a number of features DJs wanted, added or change or felt were incorrect.

When the 64 61 62 came out some of the favorite features did not carry or where changed. There are several threads with long lists of complaints mostly from 57 users.

The 57MKII apparently solves most of the original 57 issues and adds most of the long wanted features.

I personally held off on buying a 61 or 62 as long as possible and decided to get a 61 after NAMM but was very excited that EXECTLY what I wanted to be unvailed was in fact unveiled.

10 years of gripping and complaining over.

There may still be a feature or two which I am not happy with - but they arnt 'right' on other mixers either.

Except no SSL which I have decided to live with, keeping my TTM and setting up an SSL rig (if/when needed)
SG SOUNDS 1:34 AM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Its a 57

When the TTM57 came out there were a number of features DJs wanted, added or change or felt were incorrect.

When the 64 61 62 came out some of the favorite features did not carry or where changed. There are several threads with long lists of complaints mostly from 57 users.

The 57MKII apparently solves most of the original 57 issues and adds most of the long wanted features.

I personally held off on buying a 61 or 62 as long as possible and decided to get a 61 after NAMM but was very excited that EXECTLY what I wanted to be unvailed was in fact unveiled.

10 years of gripping and complaining over.

There may still be a feature or two which I am not happy with - but they arnt 'right' on other mixers either.

Except no SSL which I have decided to live with, keeping my TTM and setting up an SSL rig (if/when needed)

I never owned a 57 the 62 is my first mixer and the best mixer i ever owned..love the sound quality and post fader effects....what are these features are you referring to on the 57 that everyone is raving about? What will make me sell my 62 and get the ttm57ii?
AKIEM 7:25 AM - 18 March, 2015
If the 62 is your first and best mixer, I doubt you will find any reason to get rid of it for a 57.

The 62 was like adding some long requested features like 'Split Cue', 'SP6 to Aux', 'Post Fader EFX (instead of work around)' but then leaving some well liked features, Joysticks, Footswitch and Cue Fader.

Myself, I hate loading songs with the scroll knob for example, and instant doubles is central to my work flow - I have those mapped to my joysticks. I dislike using the knobs for those so much I was planning on getting a 61 and just use a midi controller on the side for some things.

Without having tried it yet, I think the 57MKII might be perfection (aside from no SSL)

So its not really about some awesome feature the 62 doesn't have its more about Rane understanding how well loved the 57 was, what it got right and listening to DJs and adding the things they wanted. Seems like it anyway. Its more about a tried and true work flow.

I might have some complaints once I get it.
DJ Quartz 11:43 AM - 18 March, 2015
I have the same thought about just getting an 61 and using my sp1 to control the software.

I guess we'll have to wait for the demo videos.
JayB1200 12:16 PM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
I have the same thought about just getting an 61 and using my sp1 to control the software.

I guess we'll have to wait for the demo videos.

Love my 61! I have my joysticks mapped to load tracks & instant double. Thinking about adding the sp1 to to my setup as well.
SG SOUNDS 12:19 PM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
If the 62 is your first and best mixer, I doubt you will find any reason to get rid of it for a 57.

The 62 was like adding some long requested features like 'Split Cue', 'SP6 to Aux', 'Post Fader EFX (instead of work around)' but then leaving some well liked features, Joysticks, Footswitch and Cue Fader.

Myself, I hate loading songs with the scroll knob for example, and instant doubles is central to my work flow - I have those mapped to my joysticks. I dislike using the knobs for those so much I was planning on getting a 61 and just use a midi controller on the side for some things.

Without having tried it yet, I think the 57MKII might be perfection (aside from no SSL)

So its not really about some awesome feature the 62 doesn't have its more about Rane understanding how well loved the 57 was, what it got right and listening to DJs and adding the things they wanted. Seems like it anyway. Its more about a tried and true work flow.

What i meant to say was first rane mixer lol i had a denon xn1500 before my 62....anyway thanks for the info hope i get some more opinions from other 62 owners out there...
AKIEM 6:00 PM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
What i meant to say was first rane mixer lol i had a denon xn1500 before my 62....anyway thanks for the info hope i get some more opinions from other 62 owners out there...

gotcha.

Probably if you are happy with the 62 there really is no reason to switch. But I know there are DJs, usually who switched from the TTM57 who never really felt comfortable with the 62.
PopRoXxX 7:04 PM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:

^^^ This!

And I can also add that I know a lot of 62 users who are selling (or keeping as backup) their 62 to go back to the loved feeling of the 57.
DJ Quartz 7:13 PM - 18 March, 2015
Keep in mind that the 57 has been around since 2006, so it became a standard piece of equipment.

The 6x series mixers still feel way different than the 57.
PopRoXxX 7:24 PM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
Keep in mind that the 57 has been around since 2006, so it became a standard piece of equipment.

The 6x series mixers still feel way different than the 57.

+1!!
AKIEM 8:50 PM - 18 March, 2015
+1
DJ Quartz 12:40 AM - 24 March, 2015
Look at this madness!

www.tomleemusic.ca
Mighty Dragon Sounds 12:51 AM - 24 March, 2015
Quote:
Look at this madness!

www.tomleemusic.ca

Whats that in US Dollars?
DJ Quartz 1:29 AM - 24 March, 2015
Canadian
desmorider 1:36 AM - 24 March, 2015
Quote:
Look at this madness!

www.tomleemusic.ca

That shit Cray............

the 62 is $3014
DJ Quartz 1:57 AM - 24 March, 2015
Yep, $3025 at Long and McQuade
Mighty Dragon Sounds 11:34 AM - 24 March, 2015
Translates to close to $2,100.00 USD....

Yea pretty pricey!
Detroitbootybass 3:39 PM - 24 March, 2015
A bit cheaper at this Toronto shop (though still quite expensive): www.moogaudio.com
DJ Quartz 4:53 PM - 24 March, 2015
Yep still up there in price. More than a 62.
SG SOUNDS 9:17 PM - 25 March, 2015
Anybody got the 57mkii yet? Need some reviews...
PopRoXxX 9:17 PM - 25 March, 2015
I would love to test one of these sweet mixers asap
AKIEM 9:18 PM - 25 March, 2015
keeping calm....
AKIEM 9:19 PM - 25 March, 2015
keeping calm.........
PopRoXxX 9:46 PM - 25 March, 2015
Quote:
keeping calm....

Quote:
keeping calm.........

Ditto ....

Ditto ........
Mighty Dragon Sounds 8:33 PM - 26 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
keeping calm....

Quote:
keeping calm.........

Ditto ....

Ditto ........

+1
DJ Quartz 12:38 AM - 29 March, 2015
Anyone touch one yet??
Mighty Dragon Sounds 1:12 AM - 29 March, 2015
Quote:
Anyone touch one yet??

Are they out in the wild yet?
monchi 3:18 AM - 29 March, 2015
No support from Serato yet. 1.7.3 did not have anything. Beta testers on 1.7.4 can you confirm .
WarpNote 7:09 PM - 29 March, 2015
Quote:
Beta testers on 1.7.4 can you confirm

How would any testers confirm when the mixer aint out yet?
DJ Quartz 7:13 PM - 29 March, 2015
When Rane posted the pics of the 2015 it was available pretty quick.

So those mk2's should be available soon.
WarpNote 7:16 PM - 29 March, 2015
I'm sure the software will be there once the mixers actually ship.
It makes no sense to ship them any time before that.
DJ Quartz 7:17 PM - 29 March, 2015
^ This is true, no debating that part.
DJ Quartz 7:18 PM - 29 March, 2015
I was going to say when you see the announcement that is how you know they are accessible.
AKIEM 8:18 PM - 29 March, 2015
Patience.
monchi 9:52 PM - 29 March, 2015
What if Serato no support 57ll.
WarpNote 6:55 AM - 30 March, 2015
Quote:
What if Serato no support 57ll.
LOL, nice try ;-) -> serato.com
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:14 PM - 30 March, 2015
Quote:
Anyone touch one yet??

I HAVE IT

on pre order LOL
DJ Quartz 9:19 PM - 30 March, 2015
^ ha ha
desmorider 10:13 PM - 30 March, 2015
I hear that they scrapped the 57mkII plans.

😄
krisp kutz 11:42 PM - 30 March, 2015
^too eaely for april fools lol^
Mighty Dragon Sounds 2:48 AM - 31 March, 2015
Quote:
^too eaely for april fools lol^

Lmao!!!
DJ Quartz 5:27 AM - 1 April, 2015
You know what still kills me, the price of the ears kit. smh
Gio Alex 1:45 PM - 1 April, 2015
Quote:
You know what still kills me, the price of the ears kit. smh

Kinda weird it wasn't part of the design like the 61, 57, 56 and empath.
WarpNote 2:46 PM - 1 April, 2015
Personally, I like mixer without rack ears. Stacks better on my studio desk/in the booth.
Rack ears are from the time club management wanted to bolt everything down. Not so user friendly these days, when many DJs are running very different setups.

Not sure what the ears cost, but agree they shouldnt cost a leg an arm.
AKIEM 3:47 PM - 1 April, 2015
Glad the MK2 won't have the rack. I cut them off my 57.
DJ Quartz 3:50 PM - 1 April, 2015
I agree with the the ability to add them on or leave them off. When you have a road setup and you have decks in cases you can hang your mixer in-between.

But $89 - $100 for two pieces of metal is a bit ridiculous if you ask me.

That should be a $25 - $30 kit at best.
PopRoXxX 3:57 PM - 1 April, 2015
Quote:
Glad the MK2 won't have the rack. I cut them off my 57.

^^^ This

I use cases almost all the time, never need the ears. Perfect for me. And when I don't use cases at all, it's still perfect for me in-between the decks without ears
DJ Quartz 5:26 PM - 1 April, 2015
Which is good that they designed it in a manner where you can just add the ears but the price of the kit is crazy.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 1:32 AM - 2 April, 2015
I prop my mixers on top of my cases so ears don't work well for me.... I used to bridge them between my cases but my 57 took a few bad falls from loosing grip a few times..... I stopped after that.
Asu 12:54 PM - 2 April, 2015
anyone received their MK2 mixer yet?
DJ Em Nice 4:40 PM - 11 April, 2015
According to the information on the Rane website, Guitar Center will be the first to offer these mixers. When I checked on GC website it says they will not ship out until the 18th, see below.

Reserve Now! AVAILABLE 4/18/2015 (you will not be charged until order ships)

Now, I played this game once before, when I purchased the Pioneer PLX 1000s, granted those were coming from overseas but they didn't arrive when they said they would. Got them like 30 days later, used them for 30 days then sold them. A discussion for another thread.

Anyway, looks like sometime next weekend they will start "shipping".
desmorider 6:36 PM - 11 April, 2015
I think that serato and rane have a strained relationship at this point. The few dealers that i've spoken with state that rane is waiting on software from serato. From the pictures posted earlier, it looks like the mixer are on the operating tables anxiously awaiting their hearts(software). When brothers dealer told him may, he said the hell with it and got a 62.
DJ Em Nice 7:22 PM - 11 April, 2015
[quoterane is waiting on software from serato
I believe this. This is going to be a little off topic and my apologies as I do not want to hijack this thread on a Denon topic, I just view this as a relevant topic.

Denon's flagship Media controller, which I have a pair, the SC3900s do not work with Serato DJ. They work perfectly with Serato Scratch Live. Denon is stating that they are not going to create an xml file that Serato should be the one to create it and from Serato's perspective it should be Denon.

I know we are talking about software for Rane and an xml file but it would seem that there's a slight comparison all related to Serato. IMO.

Can't we all just get along...

Back to the thread topic.
So I read that those that use(d) the 57 and tried the 62 didn't think it felt the same, why? The 61 and 62 have a similar look to them than the 57, I would assume that the 61 and 62 would "feel" the same, no?
boogiebears 10:15 PM - 11 April, 2015
Quote:
According to the information on the Rane website, Guitar Center will be the first to offer these mixers. When I checked on GC website it says they will not ship out until the 18th, see below.

Reserve Now! AVAILABLE 4/18/2015 (you will not be charged until order ships)

Now, I played this game once before, when I purchased the Pioneer PLX 1000s, granted those were coming from overseas but they didn't arrive when they said they would. Got them like 30 days later, used them for 30 days then sold them. A discussion for another thread.

Anyway, looks like sometime next weekend they will start "shipping".

been anxiously awaiting to receive mine.. theres been no news, let alone a performance video to promote the mixer. heres what a couple of searches turned up..

agiprodj: 4/17
guitar center: 4/18
turntable lab: 4/??
b&h: 5/10
planet dj: 5/25
zzsounds: 6/3
ams: 6/3
musicians friend: 6/30

..judging by the release dates, and the fact that serato dj 1.7.4 is still in beta.. it looks like retailers arent updating their dates online maybe to hook a few more sales? ..also noticed that i havent seen one review at namm or otherwise where someone is actually using the mixer, lol. im assuming that after 1.7.4 gets out of beta, theyll release the mixers with 1.7.5, or maybe just jump to 1.8.

at the same time i didnt quite realize that there is now a split cue button rather than cue/master like on the original 57.. hope that there is maybe an option to change this via firmware..
DJ Em Nice 3:42 AM - 12 April, 2015
looks like the married needs some counseling
Gio Alex 3:33 PM - 13 April, 2015
Quote:

Guitar Center told me June.
AKIEM 4:30 PM - 13 April, 2015
:(
PopRoXxX 8:35 PM - 13 April, 2015
:( :(
AKIEM 1:05 AM - 14 April, 2015
Not that I believe a single word ever said at Guitar Center :-P
Gio Alex 1:44 AM - 14 April, 2015
Quote:

This is true, but I would imagine it would be to their benefit to give me a sooner time and lie that way, maybe? Rather then me walking in there and being like well efff it, I might as well go somewhere else.
AKIEM 2:42 AM - 14 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

This is true, but I would imagine it would be to their benefit to give me a sooner time and lie that way, maybe? Rather then me walking in there and being like well efff it, I might as well go somewhere else.

That's good reasoning.
(especially the underlined :)
boogiebears 2:55 AM - 14 April, 2015
..well, heres a curious bit of news. looks like guitar center has updated its date. it now reads:

Quote:
Reserve Now! AVAILABLE 4/20/2015 (you will not be charged until order ships)
boogiebears 2:58 AM - 14 April, 2015
..maybe we can upgrade to a package deal with green control vinyl, limited edition serato rolling papers, and 5 pack of lighters to celebrate with?
DJ Em Nice 3:11 AM - 14 April, 2015
LOL
monchi 3:32 AM - 14 April, 2015
Quote:
..well, heres a curious bit of news. looks like guitar center has updated its date. it now reads:

Quote:
Reserve Now! AVAILABLE 4/20/2015 (you will not be charged until order ships)

So reserve now, but will ship till June. 1.7.4 and no 57ll support.
AKIEM 3:36 AM - 14 April, 2015
lol

Who's going to actually get up, go all the way down to GC that day?
DJ Em Nice 3:37 AM - 14 April, 2015
Hurry up and wait...
desmorider 4:00 AM - 14 April, 2015
The 57mkII is invisible. What a fail as far as release dates. Rane should just start using someone else for their software needs.
boogiebears 4:11 AM - 14 April, 2015
Quote:
lol

The 18th was a much better date to coincide with record store day..
AKIEM 4:16 AM - 14 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
lol

The 18th was a much better date to coincide with record store day..

And maybe that's the problem over there, or up there... Too much 420 and not enough 4/18 type thinking....

JK...... JK....... :-)
Gio Alex 4:48 AM - 14 April, 2015
Quote:
Hurry up and wait...

Basically.
DJ NoNseNse 4:51 AM - 15 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

No way!! Some stores already have them on order. They should be shipping soon. I don't think stores will have them on the 18th but sooner then June.
boogiebears 7:11 AM - 15 April, 2015
Quote:
No way!! Some stores already have them on order. They should be shipping soon. I don't think stores will have them on the 18th but sooner then June.

..ironically, guitar center has updated its website to 6/30. If you subscribe to the email notification of when the item will be in stock.. You'll get a date of 7/07..

Agiprodj updated its site to say 4/30.

..at this point, let's cross our fingers and hope it gets released by August. I imagine now that 1.7.4 has been released, it shouldn't be too much longer to introduce 1.7.5 or 1.8.
Asu 11:53 PM - 15 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Need mine before 4th of July.
boogiebears 1:15 AM - 16 April, 2015
..finally a video where it appears that more than the track scroll knob works. too bad i cant understand a word.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Mighty Dragon Sounds 1:24 AM - 16 April, 2015
Custom Technics with the pitch slider re-located..... nice
boogiebears 1:34 AM - 16 April, 2015
right? makes me want to open mine up and take another look..
AKIEM 2:47 AM - 16 April, 2015
Dope 1200 modification.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 1:15 PM - 16 April, 2015
Indeed.... No more reaching over the tonearm to adjust the pitch
PopRoXxX 4:14 PM - 16 April, 2015
Ahhh ..... amazing things we find while totally looking for something else!
WarpNote 9:09 PM - 16 April, 2015
You guys do notice that this is nik39 in the video?
Nice mixer, nice vinyl Anik!
WarpNote 9:10 PM - 16 April, 2015
And nice decks too, of course, good work on the presentation!
The computer though, not so sure... ;-)
Gio Alex 9:15 PM - 16 April, 2015
Quote:
The computer though, not so sure... ;-)

LOL
AKIEM 10:33 PM - 16 April, 2015
Ha, that that was him.

What's up with those decks then Anik?
Asu 10:38 PM - 16 April, 2015
anyone speak German? i can tell that's he's speaking but understand nothing

Here's a video in English from NAMM with much of the mixer explained

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:39 AM - 17 April, 2015
Res-Q 2:09 AM - 17 April, 2015
dope vid Anik
custom TTs done by www.facebook.com
DJ Em Nice 4:30 AM - 17 April, 2015
Quote:
dope vid Anik
custom TTs done by www.facebook.com

Not much attention on the mixer or usage but a dope video
Asu 4:33 AM - 17 April, 2015
Here's another one Watchm.youtube.com
DJ Em Nice 4:36 AM - 17 April, 2015
On those modified decks, notice the tone arms, those are the M5G tone arms, nice.
desmorider 4:53 AM - 18 April, 2015
GC.com now says 7/7/15, and states that a rebate is included. What bullshit.
boogiebears 11:34 AM - 18 April, 2015
Quote:
GC.com now says 7/7/15, and states that a rebate is included. What bullshit.

..if you look closely at the vids posted on YouTube, I haven't seen any that actually showcase any of the functions on the mixer - aside from the library scrolling via a knob. In the latest artist video from serato, all you see is the mixer and some cuts. Looks like cue points and samples are being triggered via the mpd.. Who knows though, it could be triggering samples in ableton. I'm betting the software isn't ready or their still doing their own internal beta testing.

It looks like a lot went into the beta testing for 1.7.4, I'm sure they're trying to iron out a lot of the kinks as the arrival of the mk2 will help transfer a lot of Djs from scratch live to DJ.. Myself included. If I were on the development team I would want the mk2 to be solid from launch..

That being said, I'm curious.. What makes or breaks this mixer for all of you? If there was anything you'd change about it, what would it be?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:09 PM - 18 April, 2015
Nothing much but more to see

Watchwww.youtube.com
Djkom 7:50 PM - 18 April, 2015
Quote:
Nothing much but more to see

Watchwww.youtube.com

Did he (Rane sales manager!) say it will be avaible in the next 3/4 weeks... and cost around 2300€ !!!!! WTF even more pricey than the 62 !!!!!!!!!

I'm out...good bye Rane
AKIEM 8:13 PM - 18 April, 2015
Quote:
What makes or breaks this mixer for all of you? If there was anything you'd change about it, what would it be?

For me its broken and I simply will *not purchase if at least the joysticks are not user configurable.

I might live with some of the other shortcomings.

To me that entire section (except for cue/sample shift) should be user configurable.

Assuming Rane decided to bring back the 57 because so many DJs love it compared to the 61/62 and just stuck it out with the TTM - wouldn't the most important features loved have to be carried over? Because we are in the same situation if this is not fixed.

Sure there were/are various things loved about the 57 like the cue fader and whatever else, but the ability to configure it however suited simply has to be the most important feature.

I looked at that shift button and thought cool, we will be able to toggle through layers and we could see what layer we are in by the color. Which has always been an issue with the TTM, knowing which layer I'm in.

Maybe even the 'whole mixer' would be configurable! And shift/toggle through layers! :( And sure, its a bonus to be able to be able to send midi from 'all' switches, but they retain their original function? I just find that absurd and would rather not have it at all than be teased with the possibilities - lol. I understand there are probably major design issues there, but... still ridiculous from a user perspective.

So with whatever part being SDJ having no 57 specific support, or midi... whatever the situation is... Why hasn't Rane just made a little user firmware configuration app? Seems like that would be the solution at the outset. I have lots of cheap ass controller devices that come with a configuration app........ but not a pro mixer?

*come back to that latter.
boogiebears 10:18 PM - 18 April, 2015
Quote:
Maybe even the 'whole mixer' would be configurable! And shift/toggle through layers! :( And sure, its a bonus to be able to be able to send midi from 'all' switches, but they retain their original function? I just find that absurd and would rather not have it at all than be teased with the possibilities - lol. I understand there are probably major design issues there, but... still ridiculous from a user perspective.

i keep referring back to the posted manual on the rane site:

www.rane.com

..kind of thinking.. for some of the controls, i think its totally acceptable.. ie: source selector, gains, eqs, mic knobs, master/booth knobs, session knobs, headphone knobs, faders.. and being able to midi map additional functions to a few of those could lead to some interesting possiblities. but.. for the rest of the controls - the manual does say that it sends data via midi. how much control rane/serato decides to let us have for the rest of the mixer is what i think makes/breaks it for me..

didnt the 57sl not send midi or something like that? i think it was part of the reason it couldnt be mapped to other dj wares.. or i could be wrong? now that the the mk2 sends midi for these controls - i wonder what the possibility of mapping it with another ware is.

also wondering how access to the additional user configurable layers would work.. it looks like shift + cue is delete cuepoint.. shift + samples & cues toggles between cuepoints 1-4 & 5-8.. how would we even access any additional layers if they allowed us access to this feature?
boogiebears 8:08 PM - 20 April, 2015
..mixers shipping out.

www.facebook.com
DJ_X_Trodinaire 8:15 PM - 20 April, 2015
So who did pre order? :)
nik39 8:22 PM - 20 April, 2015
Hey guys, sorry, didn't see your posts about the video ;) I was grateful to demo the mixer as one of the first. The buttons are really nice! Such a big improvement compared to the 57 and the 61/2/4/8 too!
I am not sure about the current features in terms of being the final shot.
If you guys have any questions about the current features (it was a beta version for the trade show) I will try to answer them.
Asu 8:37 PM - 20 April, 2015
Quote:
..mixers shipping out.

www.facebook.com

Quote:
So who did pre order? :)

I pre-ordered, can't wait :-)
djrob70 1:54 AM - 21 April, 2015
SErato just released software for the MKII 1.7.5

serato.com
AKIEM 4:21 AM - 21 April, 2015
Optimized Joy Stick Functionality

Does that mean preselected functions?
DJ Quartz 4:50 AM - 21 April, 2015
I'm really surprised they didn't have a killer demo video to release today along with the announcement.
DJ Quartz 5:35 AM - 21 April, 2015
It's funny how they mention Contact Distribution for Canada but you cannot order directly from them.

You have to be a dealer, or get it from one of the retail chains.
nik39 12:51 PM - 21 April, 2015
Quote:
You have to be a dealer, or get it from one of the retail chains.

That's not any different than it was before.

End consumers buy from dealers.

Dealers buy from Distributors.

Distributors buy from manufacturers.
SG SOUNDS 1:29 PM - 21 April, 2015
Anybody that buys the mkii and is familiar with the rane 62-64 crossfader please give some feed back on how the mkii crossfader performs...im guessing the crossfader will perform exactly like the 62-64 fadder..
Asu 2:19 PM - 21 April, 2015
Quote:

The MKII comes fully mapped right out of the box i.e pre-selected functions from what i've read.

the good news is that,if you're an advanced user and need to map other things, the mixer is mostly midi mapable according to the manual .i know many will love that.

for more info check out page 22 of the MKII manual

www.rane.com
DJ Quartz 2:48 PM - 21 April, 2015
Quote:
That's not any different than it was before.

End consumers buy from dealers.

Dealers buy from Distributors.

Distributors buy from manufacturers.

I know that's how it works. But what they should have is a list of the dealers to contact.

i.e: Long & McQuade, Axe Music, AVShop.ca, etc...

If you call Contact they will just tell you to call one of the dealers.
AKIEM 3:52 PM - 21 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

The MKII comes fully mapped right out of the box i.e pre-selected functions from what i've read.

the good news is that,if you're an advanced user and need to map other things, the mixer is mostly midi mapable according to the manual .i know many will love that.

for more info check out page 22 of the MKII manual

www.rane.com

Yes, the whole mixer is midi mappable. The issue and question is if you midi map a function does it retain the original function? This is particularly a problem when trying to change the function of the software controls.
Asu 6:15 PM - 21 April, 2015
Quote:
Yes, the whole mixer is midi mappable. The issue and question is if you midi map a function does it retain the original function? This is particularly a problem when trying to change the function of the software controls.

you're gonna have to cal Rane on that
AKIEM 6:33 PM - 21 April, 2015
Well since they seem too busy to answer here...

They should be arriving in people's hands shortly - someone will answer.
SG SOUNDS 6:59 PM - 21 April, 2015
From watching this video there are a couple of things i like about the mkii over the 62

Ease of use of software efx on the mixer...could never get sdj efx to work on my 62

The eq kill buttons

The joysticks for quick doubles and the sensor for explicit tracks

The countour adjust slider for split cue

youtu.be
boogiebears 12:45 AM - 23 April, 2015
..says available now at guitar center! cant wait to interrogate the first person who gets theirs!
AKIEM 6:19 PM - 27 April, 2015
So where are the firsts?
PopRoXxX 6:36 PM - 27 April, 2015
^^^ *anxiously waiting*
djrob70 6:39 PM - 27 April, 2015
I was wondering the same thing.. I haven't seen anything posted yet on You Tube either.. For me i am on pre-order... still waiting for ProAudioStar to deliver..
desmorider 6:51 PM - 27 April, 2015
Proaudiostar said this morning maybe shipping in about 4 weeks. What's the dealio?
djrob70 6:57 PM - 27 April, 2015
That stinks... At least you got a date, they would only tell me my order was processing....
AKIEM 6:59 PM - 27 April, 2015
Wow, ok... I thought people were just being quiet for no reason....

djrob70 6:59 PM - 27 April, 2015
I am not too worried about the shipdate since I have other gear but still hate waiting knowing AGIPRODJ has them in stock and that's usually who I buy from...
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:54 PM - 27 April, 2015
ahem... first on here? :)

instagram.com
instagram.com

It is also my wife's bday today.... so...

TTM57MKII vs Boss Wifey? I think you know who won lol

www.agiprodj.com has a few left in stock sooooo better get em now!
Thanks Kevin and the crew from agiprodj for always taking care of me and my son Evan Almighty ;)
djrob70 11:12 PM - 27 April, 2015
Congrats !!
desmorider 11:29 PM - 27 April, 2015
They are not in stock to ship gc.com, however they are in stock in some stores. Just confirmed with my local store has them in stock. Also me brothers on his way to his store in ny to cop one. So, they do exist.
AKIEM 5:50 AM - 28 April, 2015
Nice.

(Still holding)
SG SOUNDS 11:52 AM - 28 April, 2015
Quote:
ahem... first on here? :)

instagram.com
instagram.com

It is also my wife's bday today.... so...

TTM57MKII vs Boss Wifey? I think you know who won lol

www.agiprodj.com has a few left in stock sooooo better get em now!
Thanks Kevin and the crew from agiprodj for always taking care of me and my son Evan Almighty ;)

Soooooo how do you like it compared to your rane 64
Asu 12:54 PM - 28 April, 2015
Quote:
Proaudiostar said this morning maybe shipping in about 4 weeks. What's the dealio?

yup,AMS & Zzounds too...June 6th...so Guitar Center is getting a full month of no competition
Mighty Dragon Sounds 1:55 PM - 28 April, 2015
Ohhhh Ohhhhh Ohhhhh!!! Can't wait!!!!!!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:09 PM - 28 April, 2015
instagram.com
instagram.com
instagram.com

Feels weird!
I sold my TTM57 in 2012 and I forgot how it used worked lol.
First impressions:
Rane=build quality.
It is definitely a huge improvement from the original TTM57, specially now the named buttons. I always forget what mode i was in!
Ergonomics is well laid out. Compared to the Rane 62, the controls are much closer in the middle: library scroll/FX Loops/cues.
cue/sampler (lighted) buttons are made of rubber and feels nice.
joysticks cannot be reassigned currently. Sorry Akiem. Hopefully they make it mappable soon.
I really never cared for the kill buttons.

Wish it had a USB hub built in like the NI Z2, to hook up my RP8000s
AKIEM 11:26 PM - 28 April, 2015
:( not mappable.

You mean the EQ kill switches? I like those in theory. But in practice I never use them, just twist kill.

Wish the FlexFX was momentary tho.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:32 PM - 28 April, 2015
Quote:

You mean the EQ kill switches? I like those in theory. But in practice I never use them, just twist kill.

Yeah i just use the knobs
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:33 PM - 28 April, 2015
Funny that you already have the TTM57MkII as your avatar LOL

If you were in Maryland, I would have let you play with the 57.
AKIEM 11:53 PM - 28 April, 2015
lol - no, I won't touch one, matter of fact I'm going to try and forget it even exists if they dont get the midi sorted...

Thinking about getting an AFX in the meantime just to finally try SDJ
Asu 2:24 AM - 29 April, 2015
Quote:
instagram.com
instagram.com
instagram.com

Feels weird!
I sold my TTM57 in 2012 and I forgot how it used worked lol.
First impressions:
Rane=build quality.
It is definitely a huge improvement from the original TTM57, specially now the named buttons. I always forget what mode i was in!
Ergonomics is well laid out. Compared to the Rane 62, the controls are much closer in the middle: library scroll/FX Loops/cues.
cue/sampler (lighted) buttons are made of rubber and feels nice.
joysticks cannot be reassigned currently. Sorry Akiem. Hopefully they make it mappable soon.
I really never cared for the kill buttons.

Wish it had a USB hub built in like the NI Z2, to hook up my RP8000s

Nice...where did you order from? or did you get it from guitar center? I'm anxiously waiting for mine too.
dj Krazey leo 7:29 AM - 29 April, 2015
Hey_ X _ how's the sound quality compared to the 62 or the 64 Is it better are the same? Thanks in advance.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:19 AM - 29 April, 2015
[Quote]
Nice...where did you order from? or did you get it from guitar center? I'm anxiously waiting for mine too.

I buy my gear from www.agiprodj.com call them now. I believe they have a few left. Contact Kevin
Djkom 11:29 AM - 29 April, 2015
Do you feel that the buttons/pads are more robust than the 62 ones ???

What about the knobs? I have some concerns because in the original ttm 57, they were too easily "bendable" (even breakable) when carrying the mixer in bags and some just when manipulating them (I'm a bit rough :) ).
SG SOUNDS 11:56 AM - 29 April, 2015
Quote:
Hey_ X _ how's the sound quality compared to the 62 or the 64 Is it better are the same? Thanks in advance.

From reading the specs sheet they all soppose to sound the same...
AKIEM 12:48 PM - 29 April, 2015
Hmmm, sometimes I use my 57 as my studio mixer/interface, but mainly my MOTU828 which only goes up to 48k. MKII is up to 96k? That would be good to move up.....

(notice I said would)

But thats pretty cool spec over the 61/62.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:58 PM - 29 April, 2015
Quote:

What about the knobs? I have some concerns because in the original ttm 57, they were too easily "bendable" (even breakable) when carrying the mixer in bags and some just when manipulating them (I'm a bit rough :) ).

The buttons are soft rubber, almost like the buttons on the RP8000s or ddjsx or sz.
Better for drumming? Like the Akai MPCs

As for the knobs. I will get back to you and take pictures. Being at work sucks lol. But I gotta pay for this CC purchase :).
I have always transported my mixers in hard cases and have not anything break.
AKIEM 2:07 PM - 29 April, 2015
I always preferred the snap / precision of hard buttons... but.... whatever...
DJ Quartz 7:03 PM - 29 April, 2015
Lucky dude
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:37 PM - 29 April, 2015
Quote:

instagram.com
pictures of the knobs and joystick close up.

D style knobs. I can use the 62s knobs on the MKIIs
Joysticks are the same.
Library/efx knobs are the same
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:53 PM - 29 April, 2015
instagram.com
62 knobs on the MKII
djrob70 11:14 PM - 29 April, 2015
Ok, so do I pay an extra 100.00 and get my MKII now or save a 100.00 and wait 3-4 weeks... for the one I have on pre-order? What would you guys do??
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:02 AM - 30 April, 2015
Quote:
Ok, so do I pay an extra 100.00 and get my MKII now or save a 100.00 and wait 3-4 weeks... for the one I have on pre-order? What would you guys do??

Did you try www.agiprodj.com Ask for Kevin
SG SOUNDS 12:26 AM - 30 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

From reading the specs sheet they all soppose to sound the same...

I missed this from the MKII spec sheet...seems like the MKII has 96 kHz USB audio and 44.1 kHz USB audio and the 61/62 don't...I don't know how much better the MKII will sound over the 61/62....it shouldn't be a major difference I'm pretty sure somebody on the forum could shed some light on those specs...
AKIEM 1:02 AM - 30 April, 2015
Yes! Its my understanding that it will not make any difference if you are playing 44k files.

But, maybe there is a factor in that the audio is being processed, pitched scratched... and effects applied..... I dont know?

But for what I *might* also be using it for, a DAW interface, that sure could come in useful.

I would assume there arnt too many people using it like I *might* as well... who knows?

But def a cool spec I didn't expect.

I'm just going to tell people *if I get it* - "its 96kHz dude, 61/62/64 is only 48kHz, so yeah..."
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:13 AM - 30 April, 2015
Not noticeable in my post below but when using real vinyl, it seems the TTM57 is very crisp over the 62.

instagram.com

I set the gain at 4 and master at 3.5 on both mixer.
I did swap needles also used 1 turntable and swap between mixers.
This is my own opinion.

Maybe Rane can chime in if there is an actual difference in performance, processing differently?
djrob70 1:24 AM - 30 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Did you try www.agiprodj.com Ask for Kevin

I did, but they(AGI) want 100.00 more than what I got my pre order for. ..
boogiebears 1:26 AM - 30 April, 2015
^.. did you setup an account with them?
djrob70 1:31 AM - 30 April, 2015
Yep, I usually buy my gear from them(AGI) but I found a killer deal from a competitor. So for now I will have to wait :(
boogiebears 2:27 AM - 30 April, 2015
..mine just arrived! So stoked!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:32 AM - 30 April, 2015
Quote:
..mine just arrived! So stoked!

Congrats!
djrob70 2:48 AM - 30 April, 2015
Sweet! Congrats!!
djrob70 7:11 PM - 30 April, 2015
Mine is being shipped today from ProAudioStar!
monchi 11:10 PM - 30 April, 2015
Quote:
Not noticeable in my post below but when using real vinyl, it seems the TTM57 is very crisp over the 62.

instagram.com

I set the gain at 4 and master at 3.5 on both mixer.
I did swap needles also used 1 turntable and swap between mixers.
This is my own opinion.

Maybe Rane can chime in if there is an actual difference in performance, processing differently?

So is the sound better than the PIO line up.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:28 AM - 1 May, 2015
Quote:

I do not know as I my last PIO and still owned the DJM909
PopRoXxX 7:20 PM - 5 May, 2015
Oh shizzle! Just made my AGI order today

2 Reloop RP8000's / TTM57mkII / Crane Stand Elite (about due for a new Crane after 3-4 years)
PopRoXxX 7:21 PM - 5 May, 2015
X_Trodinaire had my *new* setup I've wanted to get. His IG pics made me push the 'Checkout' button. lol
Asu 9:54 PM - 5 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I do not know as I my last PIO and still owned the DJM909

Rane sound has always been better than Pio sound,don't think that has changed.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:34 PM - 5 May, 2015
Quote:
X_Trodinaire had my *new* setup I've wanted to get. His IG pics made me push the 'Checkout' button. lol

Congrats!!!

Glad to be the enabler/button pusher LOL
RMAN 7:23 AM - 6 May, 2015
Did you see the Skratch Bastid video with the TTM57MK2?

serato.com

Looks like the FX are rather effective et available on this mixer.
Censor with joystick looks cool the way he uses it.
AKIEM 1:41 PM - 6 May, 2015
Thats nice.

But thats certainly not the way I set up my mixer.

Maybe they asked Skratch Bastid what preferences should be used.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 4:04 AM - 7 May, 2015
So far I am liking the looks!
Asu 10:53 PM - 8 May, 2015
Mine just shipped out too :-) had settled for June but I'm glad I'm wrong :-)
djrob70 11:00 PM - 8 May, 2015
Congrats!

Mine arrived on Wednesday (in Arizona) but I am in New York until next Tuesday... Can't wait to get back home!
PopRoXxX 5:37 PM - 12 May, 2015
Today was a good day ...... already

instagram.com
djrob70 5:45 PM - 12 May, 2015
Congrats...
DJ_X_Trodinaire 5:48 PM - 12 May, 2015
Is that two mkii and 3 rp8000s?

I thought I was bad!! LOL

CONGRATS AND ENJOY!!!
AKIEM 8:08 PM - 12 May, 2015
Sweet!
PopRoXxX 10:11 PM - 12 May, 2015
Thanks guys! Totally does feel like a kid on Christmas. Even though it's cliche

2 - 57mkII's and 4 - Reloop RP8000's X_Trodinaire ;)
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:32 PM - 12 May, 2015
Quote:

oh excuse me! LOL
Only saw 3 RP8000 boxes :)
nik39 1:03 AM - 13 May, 2015
Quote:

U crazy, huh?! ;)
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:16 PM - 13 May, 2015
Damn Pop! You went in! Have fun with your new toys:)
PopRoXxX 7:09 PM - 13 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

U crazy, huh?! ;)

Sometimes

Quote:
Damn Pop! You went in! Have fun with your new toys:)

Yes. Always! Gotta jump on dope gear when you can. Thanks man

Quote:
Quote:

oh excuse me! LOL
Only saw 3 RP8000 boxes :)

It happens. It was hidden by the Crane box. lol
Asu 11:52 AM - 14 May, 2015
Yeah...Got My MKII...it's more impressive in person...this is my first brand New rane Mixer :-)

i'm very very impressed so far.by the way,the effects work while playing real vinyl too...i can literally control everything Serato,on the mixer,...almost forgot about the 2 usb's till i looked back there and smiled again :-)

instant doubling is easier than ever...mixer comes with 2 control vinyls with stickers for those that use sticker lock.

The sound quality is simply beautiful...IMHO,no pioneer sounds like this.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:45 PM - 14 May, 2015
Asu Congrats!!
PopRoXxX 8:09 PM - 14 May, 2015
Welcome to the club bro
Asu 10:31 PM - 14 May, 2015
Thanks...best purchase this year
monchi 11:26 PM - 14 May, 2015
So can I rip my vinyl using this 57MKll and my OSX 10.8.5 laptop (10.8 not supported with MKll) ? If not, may need to sell it as I do not want to go 10.10.
Rane, Support
Zach S 11:32 PM - 14 May, 2015
10.8.5 does work (or rather will work) with SDJ and the TTM57mkII its just that some users are experiencing an issue where the mixer will distort/make weird noises until the mixer is turned on/off again.
Serato is looking into this and it should be fixed.. hopefully soon.
monchi 12:24 AM - 15 May, 2015
Zach you are awesome, thanks you Sir.
teemac111 12:42 PM - 17 May, 2015
How does the echo sound? Is it distorted like the 62?
Asu 11:12 PM - 17 May, 2015
Quote:

sounds pretty good,used it a couple of times...not distorted at all...i'm very very impressed with this mixer...FX works as expected.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 7:19 AM - 18 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

sounds pretty good,used it a couple of times...not distorted at all...i'm very very impressed with this mixer...FX works as expected.

Should work just as well as other controllers and mixers using the software effects right?
RMAN 8:24 AM - 18 May, 2015
Guys could you give us a kind of complete review of the TTM57mk2 please ?

-What's the very good points ? Cons?
-'Instant double', 'SP6', 'FX' the same, more/less accurate as TTM57SL?
-How you familiar with SDJ and do you think this mixer can definetly put away DJing with Scratch Live ?
SG SOUNDS 3:13 PM - 18 May, 2015
Quote:

Its using serato dj echo effects which don't sound as ssl echo effects...there is no on board effects on the ttm57mk2 it uses the software effects unlike the 62 which does...the 62 with ssl echo effects wins in my book..
teemac111 3:49 PM - 18 May, 2015
Understood...for those of you who haven't noticed...the echo on the 57 is superior to just about any mixer that has been released since..
AKIEM 4:20 PM - 18 May, 2015
Quote:
Understood...for those of you who haven't noticed...the echo on the 57 is superior to just about any mixer that has been released since..

The echo (delay) on the Rane TTM57 sounds horrible. (and I'm one of he 57s biggest fans no doubt)
PopRoXxX 4:58 PM - 18 May, 2015
I have loved the echo on the old 57 forever. Tweaking this new echo for the 57mkII is kinda fun. Don't hate it at all. Did some fun scratching with it last night actually. Just gotta save my settings on it so I don't have to adjust it every time I load up
teemac111 5:21 PM - 18 May, 2015
Quote:

The echo (delay) on the Rane TTM57 sounds horrible. (and I'm one of he 57s biggest fans no doubt)

As compared to what?
AKIEM 5:45 PM - 18 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

As compared to what?

As compared to any other delay I have ever heard on any other at least semi-pro device.

Sounds fine till it trails out.

I've used it for years, still sounds horrible tho.
teemac111 2:19 AM - 19 May, 2015
Well the rest of us has had this problem...serato.com
AKIEM 2:38 AM - 19 May, 2015
Interesting.

I've never used, SDJ.
(very much)

LOL - maybe Rane put tape situation on the 57 echo by default - thats dumb - LOL

And maybe Serato copied because they thought it sounded good - who knows.....
teemac111 2:41 AM - 19 May, 2015
Yeah..I actually sold my 62 and went back to a 57 and ssl because of it...I use echo out quite a bit
AKIEM 3:04 AM - 19 May, 2015
Hmmm.....

I think I was wrong about something here.

Just checked the delay on my 57 and it sounds fine.

Eh... I guess that distortion was by design and I never noticed it being fixed/changed.

LMAO
Tommy R 4:31 AM - 22 May, 2015
Love my MKII play on it every single night since I got it in the mail. I preordered it also.
AKIEM 4:35 AM - 22 May, 2015
wish I could say the same
Tommy R 4:55 PM - 22 May, 2015
Here's something weird about the MKII. With my V7's I was getting some echo type distortion for some reason. So I went through my wiring and accidentally figured out where it was coming from. When I had both L and R rca's hooked up I had the distortion. I unhooked one channel coming from my V7 to the MKII and bam crystal clear. Very weird.
Asu 8:07 PM - 22 May, 2015
Quote:
Love my MKII play on it every single night since I got it in the mail. I preordered it also.

played out with it last night with one PLX-1000 TT.instant doubling,effects was a breeze...the silicone pads are the most impressive.Very responsive....the shure beta 58A Mic was crystal clear.

The headroom is beyond amazing....i'm a very happy customer.

no complaints here
DJ Doug Collins 6:50 PM - 23 May, 2015
I've been playing with my new MKII all morning, and I'm noticing some audio delay even after adjusting to 2ms. Brand new Macbook Air with 8gb RAM. Anyone else having issues with this?
Tommy R 12:35 AM - 24 May, 2015
Quote:
I've been playing with my new MKII all morning, and I'm noticing some audio delay even after adjusting to 2ms. Brand new Macbook Air with 8gb RAM. Anyone else having issues with this?

It has to be your Mac. I'm on PC and the mixer is on point. Love it my scratching abilities have been improved with this mixer.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 6:41 AM - 24 May, 2015
Did you have the latency set a 1ms at first? Did you notice and audio distortion when you set it to 1ms?
Tommy R 12:35 PM - 24 May, 2015
Quote:
Did you have the latency set a 1ms at first? Did you notice and audio distortion when you set it to 1ms?

None
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:26 PM - 26 May, 2015
Quote:

My guess is you need to calibrate the virtual decks.
SG SOUNDS 12:50 AM - 28 May, 2015
Does the mkii have post fader effects?
PopRoXxX 9:14 AM - 28 May, 2015
Quote:
Does the mkii have post fader effects?

Yes
DJ Doug Collins 7:22 PM - 28 May, 2015
Quote:

I experienced several dropouts at 1ms. Used it in a club environment twice over the weekend on 2ms without any issues and didn't seem to notice a pronounced delay during beat matching. I also did work on the virtual decks a bit as well, so that could have something to do with it.

My new issue after using it in a live situation with a large sound system is the headphones, even when turned all the way to 10, don't seem to be quite loud enough. I have Pioneer HDJ-2000's with a second brand new backup pair, and both didn't seem all that loud compared to the 57SL I was using. Anyone else?
DJ Doug Collins 7:47 PM - 28 May, 2015
I've read about the headphone situation with the 62, and some guys were suggesting 2 solid yellows with a very occasional red to remedy the issue. Not feeling like that's the best advice in the world. I am not into clipping. Maybe a little in Rane's defense, I've been doing this for a long time and certainly have some range loss, but not enough that I feel like I should have to turn the cue volume up to 10 and feel like I need more.
Asu 3:42 PM - 29 May, 2015
Quote:

mine is on point too...I had some issues,turns out i had used an older USB cable that was bad...switched to the one that came in the box and bam perfection...and i have mine at 5ms

My specs are Macbook Pro 15" 8GB Ram,Quad core i7 with HT,512 MB Nvidia GT card
Asu 3:47 PM - 29 May, 2015
Meanwhile the sound quality of this Mixer is just something to behold with high quality 320kb tunes or Flac files...simply beautiful with my in-ear Shure SE215's or Sony MDR-V6 Studio headphones.

Well done Rane.
DJ Doug Collins 4:06 PM - 29 May, 2015
Quote:
Meanwhile the sound quality of this Mixer is just something to behold with high quality 320kb tunes or Flac files...simply beautiful with my in-ear Shure SE215's or Sony MDR-V6 Studio headphones.

Well done Rane.

Agreed. The sound quality is another level compared with the 57SL. I may try the out of the box USB and see how that works. But I use very nice USB cables generally.
Asu 4:17 PM - 29 May, 2015
Quote:
Agreed. The sound quality is another level compared with the 57SL. I may try the out of the box USB and see how that works. But I use very nice USB cables generally.

you can also try and change the default 48k audio setting to 44100...less bandwidth for USB to carry....the newer Macbooks, especially Airs, are more energy efficient and everything is very low voltage including RAM...i don't know how good that is for Serato DJ,Latency and external devices....power management is on steroids.
majster kat 4:50 PM - 29 May, 2015
Hello guys, I'm little bit confused about how the scrolling through the crates works: am I right the scroll knobs doesn't work like on the original ttm57 (left scroll knob = scrolling through the crates and right scroll knob = scolling through the tracks in the selected crate)? And you need to always press shift button, if you need to scroll through your crates?
boogiebears 8:49 PM - 29 May, 2015
..both scroll knobs work the same.
majster kat 8:51 PM - 29 May, 2015
Quote:
..both scroll knobs work the same.

same as on 57sl? or the same.. sorry if sounds like stupid question, just want to be sure :))
SG SOUNDS 9:37 PM - 29 May, 2015
Quote:

Well done Rane.

Does it sound better than the 62 with sdj? The 62 with ssl sounds very full...with sdj a different story its not as full as ssl using the 62...
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:38 AM - 30 May, 2015
Quote:

same as on 57sl? or the same.. sorry if sounds like stupid question, just want to be sure :))

Same as the Rane 62, 64, 68 has dual scroll/load for library
DJ Doug Collins 4:22 PM - 1 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

you can also try and change the default 48k audio setting to 44100...less bandwidth for USB to carry....the newer Macbooks, especially Airs, are more energy efficient and everything is very low voltage including RAM...i don't know how good that is for Serato DJ,Latency and external devices....power management is on steroids.

Am I missing the spot where I can adjust this setting? I feel like I am.
Asu 1:20 AM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Am I missing the spot where I can adjust this setting? I feel like I am.

Open Audio MIDI App (in the Utilities folder in i think,i have mine on the desktop as a shortcut)

but i was able to change it to 44.1KHz,48KHz or 96KHz...most of my files are 44.1KHz (44,100Hz) and a few are 48kHz so i use the default 48khz and things sound beautiful.

for more info.check here: support.apple.com
Asu 1:51 AM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Does it sound better than the 62 with sdj? The 62 with ssl sounds very full...with sdj a different story its not as full as ssl using the 62...

I find the New MKII Louder/fuller...and i have my channels at about 10 - 11 O'clock...master at about 2 O'clock....it get's loud real quick...plenty of headroom unlike the old 57.

even the cue/headphone volume get's loud pretty quickly....but i also use very sensitive Classic Studio headphones,Sony MDR-V6 or in-ear Shure SE215's.

This may explain it MKII ADCs are 24-bit, 48 kHz; Dynamic range 102 dB A-weighted
DACs are 24-bit, 48 kHz; Dynamic range 108 dB A-weighted

62 Converters are 1dB less ADC is 101dB,DAC are 107dB

it sounds like more than 1dB to me though.Maybe newer Tech/Processing or my hearing is still that good 1db = 10% change.high quality MP3's sound just beautiful...Flac even better.

It's therapy i tell you.

The human ear some say can tell if you reduce the volume by 0.5 - 1 dB.

1dB for sure...i can tell.

a novice is gonna blow some speakers with this mixer.
SG SOUNDS 2:24 AM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I find the New MKII Louder/fuller...and i have my channels at about 10 - 11 O'clock...master at about 2 O'clock....it get's loud real quick...plenty of headroom unlike the old 57.

even the cue/headphone volume get's loud pretty quickly....but i also use very sensitive Classic Studio headphones,Sony MDR-V6 or in-ear Shure SE215's.

This may explain it MKII ADCs are 24-bit, 48 kHz; Dynamic range 102 dB A-weighted
DACs are 24-bit, 48 kHz; Dynamic range 108 dB A-weighted

62 Converters are 1dB less ADC is 101dB,DAC are 107dB

it sounds like more than 1dB to me though.Maybe newer Tech/Processing or my hearing is still that good 1db = 10% change.high quality MP3's sound just beautiful...Flac even better.

It's therapy i tell you.

The human ear some say can tell if you reduce the volume by 0.5 - 1 dB.

1dB for sure...i can tell.

a novice is gonna blow some speakers with this mixer.

Well if thats the case sdj sounds excellent on this mixer like how ssl sound excellent on the 62.
boabmatic 9:07 PM - 3 June, 2015
Good review from mojaxx

youtu.be
boogiebears 11:12 PM - 3 June, 2015
..the mojaxx interview is pretty spot on, except where he talks about the footswitch. footswitch works perfectly in other apps, but not yet enabled in serato dj. theres a lot of great potential for this mixer should they choose to open up the midi mapping capabilities..
Tommy R 3:42 AM - 4 June, 2015
The MKII is sooooo clear and robust. Even better than the 62 I think. And for my fellow V7 users I had some decent RCA cables hooked up with my old mixer. Used same ones for new mixer sounded good. I bought some Monster Stereo RCA cables and oh man does it sound amazing now.
Asu 3:55 PM - 5 June, 2015
Quote:
The MKII is sooooo clear and robust. Even better than the 62 I think.

They definitely did everything right with the MKII...hope they open it up for midi mapping.
AKIEM 3:58 PM - 5 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
The MKII is sooooo clear and robust. Even better than the 62 I think.

They definitely did everything right with the MKII...hope they open it up for midi mapping.

+1
teemac111 5:41 PM - 5 June, 2015
Anybody regretting buying this mixer this early or nah?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:41 PM - 5 June, 2015
I have not regretted any Rane purchases including the mkii :)
teemac111 9:45 PM - 5 June, 2015
Cmon son..Ive seen your collection...you don't seem to regret any purchases😂😂😂
teemac111 9:51 PM - 5 June, 2015
And I'm sure Rane held up their end,I'm concerned with the SDJ only part
Gio Alex 9:54 PM - 5 June, 2015
Quote:

HAHAHA
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:41 PM - 5 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

HAHAHA

LOL

Well I did, somewhat, regret purchasing the XDJ-R1. I was hoping it would have been Serato compatible, but sold it :)
As for Rane, I have not regretted any purchases!

I should be sponsored by Rane! :P
Tommy R 1:41 AM - 6 June, 2015
Love love love the MKII. The gen 2 crossfaders are amazing the don't just glide they fly. Also put the DuPont Teflon lube on them. Oh man.
boogiebears 9:11 AM - 6 June, 2015
Quote:

..no regrets here, just a list of improvements that could be made software wise. Audio quality is definitely levels above and beyond the 62. If you've used the original, things you'll have to get used to is the cue knob, flex fx button, and the default mapping of the joysticks.. For now at least, hopefully. Many times where I accidentally cranked the cue volume to make a quick jump from cue/master. Flex fx button acts as full volume kill if you don't have an external effects processor or patch cables plugged in. ..the joysticks, are.. A bit of a let down at the moment. Headroom on this thing is crazy!

A few letdowns about dj, but none that couldn't be fixed - and they all relate to midi mapping or features that haven't transitioned over from ssl.

..if you're into the foot switch feature, don't expect it to work with 1.7.5. Otherwise, Rane made an awesome product!
SG SOUNDS 1:29 PM - 6 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

..no regrets here, just a list of improvements that could be made software wise. Audio quality is definitely levels above and beyond the 62. If you've used the original, things you'll have to get used to is the cue knob, flex fx button, and the default mapping of the joysticks.. For now at least, hopefully. Many times where I accidentally cranked the cue volume to make a quick jump from cue/master. Flex fx button acts as full volume kill if you don't have an external effects processor or patch cables plugged in. ..the joysticks, are.. A bit of a let down at the moment. Headroom on this thing is crazy!

A few letdowns about dj, but none that couldn't be fixed - and they all relate to midi mapping or features that haven't transitioned over from ssl.

..if you're into the foot switch feature, don't expect it to work with 1.7.5. Otherwise, Rane made an awesome product!

I hate when people exagerate the mkii sound quality is a little better than the 62 not levels above and beyond smh..
Mighty Dragon Sounds 7:18 PM - 8 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I hate when people exagerate the mkii sound quality is a little better than the 62 not levels above and beyond smh..

The buttons though........

I wasn't a fan of the hard click buttons of the 62.... I replaced a few buttons over its lifespan.
Asu 8:50 PM - 8 June, 2015
Quote:
And I'm sure Rane held up their end,I'm concerned with the SDJ only part

it's holding up just fine...haven't run into any problems on my end on Yosemite...older OSx's may have issues i've heard
Asu 8:52 PM - 8 June, 2015
or Dj's with macbook airs running into latency issues...but i think that's hardware dependent.

My mid-2012 i7 quad-core handles like a dream even while doing video...cpu usage stays low.
GT 650,8g RAM,1TB HDD.
Asu 8:56 PM - 8 June, 2015
Quote:

it is a little Better,i wouldn't say above and beyond though....sounds awesome...love the silicon buttons though...always on point
Tommy R 11:25 PM - 8 June, 2015
I have both mixers hooked up at the same time. The MKII does sound much better.
krisp kutz 12:06 AM - 9 June, 2015
Quote:

It does i did the same and compared.
desmorider 3:58 AM - 9 June, 2015
Quote:

So hearing and having both, if you had to pick and keep only one, which one would you keep? The 57mkii or the sixty two? I have a guy that wants to buy my sixty two tomorrow. What's the best price that people are getting on the 57mkii. Appreciate the answers.....
Tommy R 5:51 AM - 9 June, 2015
Got my MKII off eBay, guy is an authorized Rane Dealer for $1600 shipped to my door. I like the MKII gonna sell the 62. I picked up some Reloop Neons so they add what the MKII was missing from the 62 and then some. The Neons are so much fun paired with the MKII. The second generation magnetic crossfaders don't just glide they fly compared to the 62. All and all I love the MKII. In with the new out with the old.
desmorider 6:01 AM - 9 June, 2015
Are you sure that the crossfader is different then the sixty-two. I couldn't find mention of that in the literature.
boabmatic 8:02 AM - 9 June, 2015
I think The fader is the same as the new 62's but the earlier 62's had the older style with the tension spring
SG SOUNDS 12:31 PM - 9 June, 2015
Quote:

so how does the sound quality compare to the 62 and ssl?
Cnspeace 3:34 PM - 9 June, 2015
I am coming from the old school for real. I used to spin in college in the Early 90's. Got back into the scene last year after a lay-off. I currently have a scratch mixer, 2 850's and SL-1, Lenovo i5 12GB RAM. I am driving to Charlotte after work today to purchase the 57mkii. I planned last year to get the 61, but after I noticed the transformer switches and a few other things, I fell for the 57mkii. I am wondering a few things due to the fact of how far behind I am. I do know that some things will sounds foreign to me not having all this before. Keep in mind I started using a laptop last year with the SL-1...before that str8 vinyl and 1200's :

Why were people complaining about SDJ ? (I can only use SL with the SL-1 and I haven't noticed issues )

What advantages would I have if I got the 62 ?

I hate MAC...is anyone having issues with PC (esp. someone who has the 57mkii)
Tommy R 4:34 PM - 9 June, 2015
Quote:
I think The fader is the same as the new 62's but the earlier 62's had the older style with the tension spring

Yes they are different I have an early 62 I just put DuPont Teflon on both my mixers. They are different in my case.
Cnspeace 1:48 AM - 10 June, 2015
Got it...will post tomorrow...I want some advice on post fader effects..if anyone knows a piece I can add
Tommy R 2:04 AM - 10 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Yes they are different I have an early 62 I just put DuPont Teflon on both my mixers. They are different in my case.

What I mention was I put DuPont Teflon on all faders in both mixers. Wish we could post pics here.
Tommy R 2:06 AM - 10 June, 2015
I have Reloop Neons and V7's so I have lots of effects. LOL. Love it all. Also have all effect expansion packs.
krisp kutz 2:27 AM - 10 June, 2015
I have the pioneer sp1 with my mkii and when i switch thru sampler and hot cues it changes on the mixer too and it didnt with the 62 anyone else experience this ?
boabmatic 5:13 PM - 11 June, 2015
serato.com

this post will please folk that are on the fence about this mixer due to no MIDI mappings controls
AKIEM 5:20 PM - 11 June, 2015
pleasing - yes.

Who said they got a $13xx price match?
Tommy R 6:50 PM - 11 June, 2015
Just give it time MIDI mapping will be available.
RMAN 9:47 AM - 12 June, 2015
open to MIDI mapping means it will scratch live compatible ?
boabmatic 9:54 AM - 12 June, 2015
Serato is not developing SSL anymore so will not add any new hardware support.
So anything that has been released after the Rane 62 will not be compatible with Scratch Live.
RMAN 9:57 AM - 12 June, 2015
Ok... thanks... :(
Asu 12:49 PM - 12 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

It does i did the same and compared.

Good,another confirmation...high quality audio just sounds superb...i'm even using the MKII for audio duty when watching HD stuff at the house....it's addictive,especially with studio quality headphones or in-ears.
WhattaMac 2:17 AM - 17 June, 2015
Bought a Sixty Two yesterday and it was an easy decision over the 57MK2 ---

1) Supports both SSL and SDJ - this is important when it comes down to Native HID & MIDI support on various players...(Example Pioneer CDJ 900 (non-Nexus) is supported in SSL not SDJ.. same on Denon SC3900 hybrid midi mode.)

2) I got the 62 for $100 cheaper than the 57MK2..

I owned 2 TTM 57s for years and yes I did love the joystick mappings especially for sample start sample out and sample shorting.. But other than that the Sixty Two with the SSL & SDJ support won out easily...
majster kat 3:42 PM - 21 June, 2015
Hey guys, is it possible to switch to cue points 5-8 independently for each deck? (e.g. i need cue points 1-4 on my left deck and cue points 5-8 on my right deck)?

And one more question, is it possible to switch the function of cue / samples button, so it will change to cues 5-8 on double click (not to samples mode like by default) and after click with holding shift it goes to samples mode? Thanks...
Tommy R 4:35 PM - 21 June, 2015
I use Reloop Neons they have 8 pads so I rarely use the mixer triggers. I'll look into it for you. In the mean time look into those Reloops. I love them.
majster kat 7:46 PM - 21 June, 2015
Quote:
I use Reloop Neons they have 8 pads so I rarely use the mixer triggers. I'll look into it for you. In the mean time look into those Reloops. I love them.

I know neons, but I'm interesting in the capabilities of the mixer itself. I own ttm57sl and NI kontrol Z2. But i don't like traktor software and the layout of Z2 too much, serato is for me much better. I'm considering to buy 57mk2 or 62, so just makin a research :)

Thanks a lot, anyway!
Tommy R 8:37 PM - 21 June, 2015
I have both 62 and MKII. Getting rid of the 62.
pdidy 5:15 AM - 23 June, 2015
Quote:
Audio quality is definitely levels above and beyond the 62.

Quote:
I hate when people exaggerate the mkii sound quality is a little better than the 62 not levels above and beyond smh..

Yea I would agree that sounds like exaggeration influenced by the new gear high.

But I would be more interested in the opinions of the more credible users with an established serato history......
Tommy R 6:12 AM - 23 June, 2015
Um well been with Serato since the SL1 came out don't I guess I'm not credible enough.
Tommy R 6:13 AM - 23 June, 2015
Also an engineer so I guess I'm dumb too.
desmorider 1:10 PM - 23 June, 2015
Quote:

Are you selling the 62? Would you want a second 57mkii? I have one im trying to trade.
Tommy R 1:23 PM - 23 June, 2015
62 already gone.
majster kat 9:51 PM - 23 June, 2015
Quote:

Hey Tommy, any news on this? Thanks in front:)
boogiebears 11:39 PM - 23 June, 2015
Quote:

..you experiencing any strange behavior with the 57/neon combo? ie: changing modes disables cue points on 57?
PopRoXxX 6:54 PM - 24 June, 2015
Yes. Having this midi problem, but with the Reloop RP8000's in combination with the 57mkII. So there is some underlying midi issue conflicting.

Are you getting the separate color modes on the cue section when this happens boogiebears? Seems to be 1/2 cue colors and 1/2 sample colors when this bug pops up for me. Only sample mode works, but cue mode doesn't with the weird color mess up.
boogiebears 7:04 PM - 24 June, 2015
Quote:
Are you getting the separate color modes on the cue section when this happens boogiebears? Seems to be 1/2 cue colors and 1/2 sample colors when this bug pops up for me. Only sample mode works, but cue mode doesn't with the weird color mess up.

hmm.. well with the 57/neon combination ive been having the problem where when i choose pad modes other that hot cues, it disables hot cues from working on the 57.. both lighting feedback and triggering for whichever deck i switch the pad mode for on the neon. i dont really use the sampler too often but will test it out tonight.
PopRoXxX 7:15 PM - 24 June, 2015
Yes. It disables the cue mode for me as well as soon as I hit a different mode (besides cue) on the RP8000's. But for me, the colors also get messed up on cue mode like I said before. All functions on the RP8000's work fine no matter what and every other function on the 57mkII (besides cue mode) still works as well.

Let me know if you get the messed up colors on cue mode (1/2 normal cue colors on deck 1 and 1/2 purple sample colors on deck 2) when this bug happens. Regardless of the color issue, cue buttons cease to work in this buggy state altogether.
Prestoe 7:50 AM - 26 June, 2015
Quote:

Can i ask why? I have a 57Mk2 and love it.

Just looking for points to rub into 62 owners haha
WarpNote 12:56 PM - 27 June, 2015
Just bought a 62 myself, got a good deal on a used one, too good to pass on.
jevo9 5:33 AM - 29 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Are you selling the 62? Would you want a second 57mkii? I have one im trying to trade.

I would trade you! hit me up
boogiebears 8:53 AM - 30 June, 2015
Quote:
Let me know if you get the messed up colors on cue mode (1/2 normal cue colors on deck 1 and 1/2 purple sample colors on deck 2) when this bug happens. Regardless of the color issue, cue buttons cease to work in this buggy state altogether.

..definitely experiencing the same lighting/triggering issues. also found that a quick tap between cues/samples on either the mixer/controller will crash serato dj, lol.
PopRoXxX 6:11 PM - 30 June, 2015
I get no crashes what-so-ever. So that is probably something on your end most likely. But everything I'm getting too
boogiebears 9:14 AM - 9 July, 2015
Quote:
I get no crashes what-so-ever. So that is probably something on your end most likely. But everything I'm getting too

..im curious, what OS are you using? im using osx 10.10.3 and have no problems using the mixer by itself, my problems begin using it in conjunction with other officially supported controllers.
PopRoXxX 5:59 PM - 9 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

..im curious, what OS are you using? im using osx 10.10.3 and have no problems using the mixer by itself, my problems begin using it in conjunction with other officially supported controllers.

Yeah. The mixer by itself works like a champ. But when you use other "official" controllers/devices, the cue section gets all jacked up. smh
UltimateDerek 4:14 PM - 17 July, 2015
Just saw a video for this, they crushed! Watchwww.youtube.com

The crossfader sounds clean from the video. The mixer will most likely be a fan favorite among turntablists and this video gives those DJs a glimpse of what it will be like to rock the mixer.

I might just cash out for this. I just buy online from dealers like djdeals.co.uk.
UltimateDerek 4:16 PM - 17 July, 2015
Just saw a video for this, they crushed! Watchwww.youtube.com

The crossfader sounds clean from the video. The mixer will most likely be a fan favorite among turntablists and this video gives those DJs a glimpse of what it will be like to rock the mixer.

I might just cash out for this. I just buy online from dealers like www.djdeals.co.uk
krisp kutz 9:45 PM - 21 July, 2015
any news on when the will fix the issue on the 57 mkii when using a pioneer sp 1 or reloop neon i dont want to hit the sampler on my sp 1 and have it change on the 57 it does not do that when i use a 62. maybe a firmware update could fix that issue or maybe software update.
Djkom 1:03 PM - 22 July, 2015
I'm afraid Serato either don't care or has to face off a huge implementation refactoring ...for sure it's the second option. My guess is that all Serato native controllers are sharing the same codes/signals so it's not possible for the moment to send back the information to only the controller which has sent the change mode code/signal. Perhaps I'm wrong but to solve that issue, Serato has to change the HID implementation of EACH controller model....so the we will not get the fix before September for sure.
WarpNote 8:04 PM - 22 July, 2015
Not really sure about that theory. I'm using the 62 with dicers, DDJ-SP1 & Akai AMX.
The AMX & SP1 does change states at the same time, but not the dicers....
Djkom 9:19 AM - 23 July, 2015
Quote:
Not really sure about that theory. I'm using the 62 with dicers, DDJ-SP1 & Akai AMX.
The AMX & SP1 does change states at the same time, but not the dicers....

Dicers were made for Scratch Live so before SDJ, I think there are not using the same technology as the new SDJ controllers
desmorider 1:58 AM - 24 July, 2015
Anyone in the virginia area that is looking for a 57mkii, get at me....
WarpNote 5:28 AM - 24 July, 2015
@Djkom, yep true. They still work natively with SDJ though, same thing for HC1000s and the ios Serato Remote...
Mighty Dragon Sounds 3:35 PM - 25 July, 2015
Quote:

Wow... Just bought one off of Ebay..... Open box demo model..... Wish I would have checked the forums first.
desmorider 5:00 PM - 26 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Wow... Just bought one off of Ebay..... Open box demo model..... Wish I would have checked the forums first.

Hard to move this thing. No interest on local c/l.
Spydamonkee 8:31 PM - 26 July, 2015
I got the mixer about a month and this how I feel toward the unit in my perspective.

-The peak level reach overload easily unlike 57 first batch I had. Even though,its loud.

-The instant double joystick direction doesn't make sense to me.The hand direction is away from playing deck when you do juggle so, the instant double joystick should be the other direction for fast 1 deck juggling). I suggest the joystick must be programmable

- The delay tab button should be on mixer interface. (Again,I think efx knobs Should be programable as well)Im not a Dj who play everything by the grids.

- the crate select and song select workflow is a pain (I jump through crates and song quickly when I perform) Again ,Those 2 buttons must be programable.Its a waste if the 2 buttons do the same function. I found on 57 left knob for crates right knob for tracks select is very effective and quick.Only if they can program, I would make left knob for crate and right for tracks.
- The LED light for SP6 Sampler should be able to set different for each bank

-When eject one deck on internal mode the play is stop. Double to that side got to press play again unlike old 57

Good things.
- I like the feel of silicone pads just like MPC.

- Filter is nice

- Loop roll is Fun

- Slip mode is also fun for phase scratch on beat.

- USB A-B is handy.

- Flex efx is send signal to output and return input with no duplicate signal from the channel .This is good for looper to prevent flange the source and effect. again , it would be dope if selectable to receive only processed signal efx for added on type of effect like Verb , Delay or Phaser (Some outboard effect sound quality drop but have wet/Dry value) via flex effect.

Hope these suggestion would help to develop next firmware,Whoever may concern.
Thank you.
krisp kutz 8:37 PM - 26 July, 2015
I also feel like the int and dbl on the mixer should of been swapped just makes more sense if you think about it. Hope it can be mapped in the next software/firmware update.
Spydamonkee 9:21 PM - 26 July, 2015
Quote:
I also feel like the int and dbl on the mixer should of been swapped just makes more sense if you think about it. Hope it can be mapped in the next software/firmware update.

+100 on that. I totally agree with you on that ,especially when do juggling.
nik39 9:32 PM - 26 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

This is the point where I'm asking myself: Why didn't anyone of the beta testers for the 57MK2 complain about this?!
AKIEM 9:58 PM - 26 July, 2015
According to Rane this has always been up to Serato to implement so wouldnt matter in beta testing.

But then again i think its weird the default functions were labeled, and someone had to choose what they are (wonder who the lucky dj is)

I suggested to Rane they make a firmware configuration app which wont happen. Apparantly there is no need for it with other apps, just SDJ.

This situation is just sad.
Spydamonkee 10:11 PM - 26 July, 2015
Quote:
According to Rane this has always been up to Serato to implement so wouldnt matter in beta testing.

But then again i think its weird the default functions were labeled, and someone had to choose what they are (wonder who the lucky dj is)

I suggested to Rane they make a firmware configuration app which wont happen. Apparantly there is no need for it with other apps, just SDJ.

This situation is just sad.

I made my mind to sell it tomorrow.Seem like they will never come up with update FW. Its a good mixer but its just not for me,I guess.Gonna going back to ol '57
AKIEM 11:16 PM - 26 July, 2015
^ I feel you. I was so excited for this mixer after waiting out the 6x serries.... I would have bought the first one off the line....

Seems like more attention should have been given...

Spydamonkee 12:01 AM - 27 July, 2015
My primary concern is the crate and song selecting workflow with shift button and un-assignable joystick direction is just slow my performance down (Solo and with the band)
if only it can mapping joysticks and scroll knobs it would be perfect for me.
Also,if I sort one crate by bmp the rest of all crates will be set by bpm and if I change crate and come back it will starts from the top of crate unlike SSL which will remember your sorting for each crate and last track selected on each crate.
I work this way.I know all my tracks and scratch sounds and I jumping around all type off music. Faster I can get to the tracks ,better timing for me.
It was my fault that I don't do a deep research before buy. Again don't get me wrong,Its a good mixer with good sounds and plenty of handy function but I just need a quick workflow and some effect.and thats all I need. I can use a decent midi controller to achieve those functions on 57/1.
nik39 12:59 AM - 27 July, 2015
Quote:

Yep.
monchi 2:35 AM - 27 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

This is suppose to be a turntablist mixer as oppsosed to the rane 62 which is geared more towards club use.
desmorider 12:25 PM - 27 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hard to move this thing. No interest on local c/l.

Trying to get 1400 local for this thing is like pulling teeth.
majster kat 9:20 PM - 27 July, 2015
Quote:
My primary concern is the crate and song selecting workflow with shift button and un-assignable joystick direction is just slow my performance down (Solo and with the band)
if only it can mapping joysticks and scroll knobs it would be perfect for me.
Also,if I sort one crate by bmp the rest of all crates will be set by bpm and if I change crate and come back it will starts from the top of crate unlike SSL which will remember your sorting for each crate and last track selected on each crate.
I work this way.I know all my tracks and scratch sounds and I jumping around all type off music. Faster I can get to the tracks ,better timing for me.
It was my fault that I don't do a deep research before buy. Again don't get me wrong,Its a good mixer with good sounds and plenty of handy function but I just need a quick workflow and some effect.and thats all I need. I can use a decent midi controller to achieve those functions on 57/1.

100% co-sign! I have the same feeling about the crate/song workflow - it sucks! The same thing about inst. doubles... i was really happy when rane announced the mk2, but these things are deal breaker for me...

Really would like to know who designed the user experience of this thing...
majster kat 9:26 PM - 27 July, 2015
and anther thing that sucks, is that you can't access the cue point 5-8 independently (you can just have 1-4 for each deck, or 5-8 for each deck) - and again, you need to press shift to do that ...wtf.. why they call it a turntablist mixer, if they are slowing the workflow down and maikng it more difficult
AKIEM 9:33 PM - 27 July, 2015
Thats what kills me is however many 57 users there sre out there - i would guess most of them developed work flows based on personal configurations.... no one wants to addapt to a less personal or fully featured work flow
Mighty Dragon Sounds 6:03 AM - 28 July, 2015
Well I managed to get a display model 57 Mk2 for about 1,300 off of eBay.

It didn't cost much compared to how much I paid for my 62. I really loved the 62 but for me, the aesthetics of the MK2 really sold me on it.

Soon as I get my hands on it I will provide my review but based on initial user reports, as much as some of the features seem errking.... I think I can adapt to them pretty quickly.

We'll see.
RMAN 10:06 AM - 28 July, 2015
so do you guys think that its just about adaptability or its realy a problem with the user experience on mk2?
Djkom 1:39 PM - 28 July, 2015
Quote:
so do you guys think that its just about adaptability or its realy a problem with the user experience on mk2?

It is a problem !!! I'm about to sell mine also. Like many djs here, I was really excited by the mk2 announcement because this mixer supposed to have best of 57 mk1 and 62 features:
- Joysticks
- 2 usb ports
- Better buttons/pads
- Better body shape like the 62, no more rack supports like the 57/62
- No knobs in the front of the mixer like the 62
- etc...
But when you have the chance to use it, the workflow is really a mess! when you use to inst dbl with the original 57 like EVERY DJ does, you can't change easily to the way with the mk2! Even the track change/load is not obvious (how many time I turn the loop or fx knob instead the track knob!!!).
Finally, the most annoying thing for me is using the mixer with another controller like the SP1, AFX, NEON...etc, when changing the mode (ex: cue to sampler), this will, at best, change the mode of both controller and mixer...or, at worst, mess up completely the controls and led feedbacks!!! I
I have also the SL2 so I tried to use the mk2 as a controller with SSL ... but it's not possible because of midi conflicts (maybe because of the old 57 internal mapping) !!!!

It will take time to Rane and Serato to fix these issues (summer holidays, other developments and new controllers integrations), that's why I'm done with the mk2 !!!!

This sounds really for the Serato, Rane future because:
- They don't have good designers who knows how the product are used by the djs
- They are not reactive, it takes now a eternity have a fix because they have to prioritize according business aspect (and we know that they are now more and more commercial company...)
- With the increasing amount of supported controllers, the global stability will for sure decrease, the release frequency will decrease also...
It looks like the whole djing manufacturing are more focused of making dumb cheat controllers instead of real pro stuff...Hope it's just a short period, not a deep tendency...
Only Pioneer seems to have the power to kill definitely the market: they have the digital players, the mixers, the software and now also the turntables...they that the whole eco system to bypass all other competitors !!!

Guys what do you think of creating a Kickstarter project or whatever funding project to bring SSL back to life and maintain it ? I would definitely pay to have a stable SSL with the lastest OS platforms which supports also other great mixer/controller (traktor Z2, pioneer DJM T1, denon sc3900...)
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:27 PM - 28 July, 2015
Hey guys,

We really appreciate all your support and am sorry that you are running into issues out the gate.
We are aware of all of the issues and are currently testing new firmware and software that fixes most if not all of them.

This is a great mixer. I suggest holding onto them.
The update will be coming soon:)
Mighty Dragon Sounds 4:51 PM - 28 July, 2015
Quote:
Hey guys,

We really appreciate all your support and am sorry that you are running into issues out the gate.
We are aware of all of the issues and are currently testing new firmware and software that fixes most if not all of them.

Gotta love Rane boy..... Thanks for listening!
PopRoXxX 5:06 PM - 28 July, 2015
Quote:
Hey guys,

I've adapted to the mkII VERY easily. But this is just icing on the cake. Can't wait!!

Main thing I had to get used to was not the joysticks or anything along that nature. Only 2 things. (1) Make sure to hit FX and not FlexFX when using effects. LOL! Whoops. (2) The Master/Cue is a knob not a button. I hit the fader reverse button a couple times (where the old master/cue button used to be), but 2-3 times of that and you never do it again. Another LOL & whoops there.

Other than that, I love the mixer and the future it holds with SDJ and Firmware updates. I had my joysticks mapped backwards as well, but it doesn't take much to get used to really. I just wish the default mappings weren't printed on the metal faceplate. I'll have to get some circular stickers to cover them up whenever midi mapping opens up ;)
Tommy R 5:16 PM - 28 July, 2015
I have none of these problems. And use Neons too.
nik39 5:16 PM - 28 July, 2015
Quote:
(2) The Master/Cue is a knob not a button. I hit the fader reverse button a couple times (where the old master/cue button used to be), but 2-3 times of that and you never do it again. Another LOL & whoops there.

I wish it was a button too.
boogiebears 5:17 PM - 28 July, 2015
Quote:

..what is your setup(specs/equipment)?
PopRoXxX 5:19 PM - 28 July, 2015
Quote:

You don't get any midi conflict issues at all when using the Neons in conjunction with the 57mkII Tommy R? Everyone else is. The issue, I mean, of switching to any mode besides cue mode on the Neon messing up the cue function on the mixer?
Tommy R 6:15 PM - 28 July, 2015
I updated the firmware on the neons and no prob. Numark TTX's, Neons, MKii, PC with 16gb ram, 2gb video, dual core Intel
Tommy R 6:17 PM - 28 July, 2015
Serato and Rane will have all other fixed soon. I sent them an email.
PopRoXxX 6:23 PM - 28 July, 2015
Quote:
I updated the firmware on the neons and no prob.

Maybe I should check if there's a FW update for the RP8000's ......
Spydamonkee 8:19 PM - 28 July, 2015
Assignable Scroll knobs and Joystick would be very awesome. + Different colours for each SP6 Bank as well. Please.
Djkom 9:24 PM - 28 July, 2015
Quote:
I updated the firmware on the neons and no prob. Numark TTX's, Neons, MKii, PC with 16gb ram, 2gb video, dual core Intel

Really strange because the issue seems more software based than hardware based...So even if the hardware firmware has been updated I can't figure out how Serato DJ and other controllers can now work correctly together without a new SDJ release....
How have you updated the NEON firmware?
Are your using a new SDJ beta version ?

Here is the NEON firmware changelog (nothing about the issues mentioned earlier in this thread):

RELOOP NEON - FIRMWARE UPGRADE - V0.34
--------------------------------------

Instructions:

1. Press & Hold TRAX Knob then connect the device to your computer via USB
2. Within the Updater click on "Browse" and select the latest firmware
3. Click ob "Connect"
4. Click ob "Update"
Note: Do not disconnect the Reloop NEON from your computer during this process. Doing so could damage your unit.
5. A window will appear when the updating process is complete. Select OK.
6. Close the Updater

Changelog 0.29 (Stock) -> 0.34
------------------------------

- Vegas Mode (Standby sequence) can now be switched off by default
>> Hold down Shift+MODE-button while connectingthe USB cable

- Fixed an isssue where the NEON sends random MIDI messages when Shift+Sampler is pressed

-----------------------
reloop.com - 2015/02/17
Tommy R 1:42 AM - 29 July, 2015
Maybe I have a fluke. I have no problems.
krisp kutz 1:54 AM - 29 July, 2015
Quote:
Maybe I have a fluke. I have no problems.

So when you use sampler on the neon ot doesn't change on The mixer.
boogiebears 4:55 AM - 29 July, 2015
Quote:

..ah, sounds like serato has done a solid for PC users. with both mavericks and yosemite, im experiencing issues using the mkii in combination with the hc1000s, neons, and serato remote.

ive gone through the configuration/optimization guides, updated firmware on all of the devices, tested on multiple macs, and did the bit with support. im glad to here an update is on its way..
boogiebears 4:58 AM - 29 July, 2015
..dream feature request.

let us have the choice to map the split cue button to toggle between master/cue.
PopRoXxX 8:30 PM - 10 August, 2015
I noticed on another thread --> serato.com <-- Shaun W gave the release notes on the updated firmware for the MP2015. Can we get some release notes for the updated firmware on the 57mkII? Can't find them anywhere as of now.
boogiebears 9:06 PM - 10 August, 2015
..is there updated firmware for the 57mkii?
Scrpion King 9:13 PM - 10 August, 2015
Dj PopRoxxx & boogiebears...don't worry the filters on the mixer are still f'd up. Whats funny is they fixed the dynamic range of the channels. Now you don't completely distort the mixer with your volume at level 3.

Honestly, I am not one to complain much. I can usually understand the odd issue here or there, but some of the issues on this TTM 57 SL Mk2 are inexcusable. this is not a $1,000 mixer, in my case its not even a $2,000 mixer. Rane has to start taking some pride in making sure these things are ironed out. Why do the filters on the channel one and two calibrated differently??? The headphone volume is way too low. I have headphones that when I used my old Empath I couldn't bring the volume past 3-4. Now my volume is over half and I'm not in a loud environment. I could see myself maxing out on volume in louder environments.

I have to agree with whoever posted above that Rane is catering to these stupid controllers that are being released and the real pro dj is being left behind. Fix the filters RANE!!!!
majster kat 9:16 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
Dj PopRoxxx & boogiebears...don't worry the filters on the mixer are still f'd up. Whats funny is they fixed the dynamic range of the channels. Now you don't completely distort the mixer with your volume at level 3.

Honestly, I am not one to complain much. I can usually understand the odd issue here or there, but some of the issues on this TTM 57 SL Mk2 are inexcusable. this is not a $1,000 mixer, in my case its not even a $2,000 mixer. Rane has to start taking some pride in making sure these things are ironed out. Why do the filters on the channel one and two calibrated differently??? The headphone volume is way too low. I have headphones that when I used my old Empath I couldn't bring the volume past 3-4. Now my volume is over half and I'm not in a loud environment. I could see myself maxing out on volume in louder environments.

I have to agree with whoever posted above that Rane is catering to these stupid controllers that are being released and the real pro dj is being left behind. Fix the filters RANE!!!!

or people will go and buy that new djm-s9 :D
Rane, Support
Shaun W 10:15 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
I noticed on another thread --> serato.com <-- Shaun W gave the release notes on the updated firmware for the MP2015. Can we get some release notes for the updated firmware on the 57mkII? Can't find them anywhere as of now.

Here you go:

TTM57mkII Firmware Changes from version 1.0.2

• Added 250ms hold delay on Fader Reverse, Channel Swap and Transform push switches
• Fixed power-on FX Insert initialization for Deck 2 to port A, consistent with Deck 1 initialization
• Fixed issue where audio streaming was not restored after waking from sleep on Windows
• Headphone output level taper modified. Finer control throughout, +3dB on upper half for hotter headphone output
• Main, Booth and Session output level taper slightly modified for finer control around center
• Deck input, Mic input, Session and USB Aux input level taper slightly modified for finer control around center
Rane, Support
Shaun W 10:23 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:

1. Headphone levels increased.
2. The filter resonance adjustments being slightly off will be fixed soon. We became aware of this too late to fit it into the update we just released. A fix is on the way.

FYI, You're confusing Rane and Serato. Rane has never made, developed or spent any time toying around with Serato's all-in-one controller stuff.

You do know Rane and Serato are two separate companies, right?
PopRoXxX 10:26 PM - 10 August, 2015
Thanks for the release notes Shaun!

Quote:
2. The filter resonance adjustments being slightly off will be fixed soon. We became aware of this too late to fit it into the update we just released. A fix is on the way.

I'm updating just now, but wondering: Have the midi conflict issues with other OSA devices has been resolved as well in this FW build?
PopRoXxX 10:27 PM - 10 August, 2015
I need and edit button here badly. lol
Rane, Support
Shaun W 10:30 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Here you go:

• Added 250ms hold delay on Fader Reverse, Channel Swap and Transform push switches
• Fixed power-on FX Insert initialization for Deck 2 to port A, consistent with Deck 1 initialization
• Fixed issue where audio streaming was not restored after waking from sleep on Windows
• Headphone output level taper modified. Finer control throughout, +3dB on upper half for hotter headphone output
• Main, Booth and Session output level taper slightly modified for finer control around center
• Deck input, Mic input, Session and USB Aux input level taper slightly modified for finer control around center

^^ these are the full release notes :)
Rane, Support
Shaun W 10:32 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
Thanks for the release notes Shaun!

Quote:

I'm updating just now, but wondering: Have the midi conflict issues with other OSA devices has been resolved as well in this FW build?

As far as I know, this is a Serato DJ bug and not related to TTM57mkII firmware or functionality.
PopRoXxX 10:33 PM - 10 August, 2015
Oh damn. I thought backwards. Thanks again for the updates!
Scrpion King 10:50 PM - 10 August, 2015
I do know that I owned at least 4 or 5 mixers before owning the TTM 57 SL Mk2...every one of those mixers had "quality" associated with the simplistic aspects of a mixer. The fact that we are getting an update to get a hotter headphone output on a mixer I spent almost $3,000 on is to put it nicely...unacceptable! Before these units go out, I could mix three songs on it and tell you everything that was wrong on it. I own tons of PA equipment, from virtually every audio manufacturer out there and this unit I have to say has some of the most basic of problems that could've been ironed out in beta testing.

Thanks for the clarity on Rane having no involvement with controllers. With that being the case I think it makes it worse, as your time should be dedicated to continuing to make solid mixers as you had in years of old. I just want to know who tested these mixers before they went out, because I played two or three tracks and started making my list of what was wrong. If you notice I do not complain about joysticks and buttons for mapping because I honestly believe that stuff is very much secondary to "normal functionality" associated with a mixer. Everyone is going to have a personal preference to things with respect to customization and feature suggestions. However headphone volume, dynamic range on channels, I'm sorry...these things are very basic and if I can identify a problem the minute I load a song and play it I'm just frustrated with the fact that Rane cannot do the same.

I'm sorry, but I paid full price for my mixer, I got no breaks or discounts so I expect it to work as advertised.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 11:41 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
I do know that I owned at least 4 or 5 mixers before owning the TTM 57 SL Mk2...every one of those mixers had "quality" associated with the simplistic aspects of a mixer. The fact that we are getting an update to get a hotter headphone output on a mixer I spent almost $3,000 on is to put it nicely...unacceptable! Before these units go out, I could mix three songs on it and tell you everything that was wrong on it. I own tons of PA equipment, from virtually every audio manufacturer out there and this unit I have to say has some of the most basic of problems that could've been ironed out in beta testing.

Beside a headphone output level of 120dB (ouch!), which we assumed would be loud enough during testing, what other issues have you found with the MP2015 mixer?

Quote:
Thanks for the clarity on Rane having no involvement with controllers. With that being the case I think it makes it worse, as your time should be dedicated to continuing to make solid mixers as you had in years of old. I just want to know who tested these mixers before they went out, because I played two or three tracks and started making my list of what was wrong. If you notice I do not complain about joysticks and buttons for mapping because I honestly believe that stuff is very much secondary to "normal functionality" associated with a mixer. Everyone is going to have a personal preference to things with respect to customization and feature suggestions. However headphone volume, dynamic range on channels, I'm sorry...these things are very basic and if I can identify a problem the minute I load a song and play it I'm just frustrated with the fact that Rane cannot do the same.

I'm sorry, but I paid full price for my mixer, I got no breaks or discounts so I expect it to work as advertised.

Serato, Rane and Serato Beta testers helped test the TTM57mkII. I even helped test the 57mkII a bit, but didn't notice the Resonance calibration between the two filters being slightly off. I'm guessing this error may have been introduced in one of the beta firmware update iterations. A fix is coming and we apologize for the inconvenience. The filters still work fine, they just have a slightly different resonance at the moment.

Please clarify the Dynamic Range on the channels issue. I have not heard of any dynamic range issues with the 57mkII channel outputs.

Definitely share your list of other issues you've found with the TTM57mkII mixer with us, so we can determine if it software, hardware or firmware related and get the ball rolling to get things sorted out :)
PopRoXxX 11:51 PM - 10 August, 2015
So I probably can take an educated guess that Serato knows of the OSA midi conflicting devices with this mixer? But only time can tell when they will move it up on the important list to fix it. Hopefully it's easy and soon ;)
Prestoe 5:50 AM - 11 August, 2015
Seriously surprised at how many people are complaining about the headphone output on the ttm57 mk2.. i seriously can't turn mine up past 3 or 4 without busting my eardrums.

Maybe i just got lucky and got one without issues, what headphones are you guys using?
Scrpion King 2:34 PM - 11 August, 2015
Prestoe...I'm using V-Moda Crossfades and Sennheiser HD 650's. Plug your headphones into a Rane Empath mixer and you will understand that the headphone volume is low on the mixer. Many times in life if you do not have a place of reference you will not know one way or another on an issue.

The dynamic range I am speaking of seems to have been corrected with the firmware update. I think I mentioned that above. The point I was making is that the channel volume was maxing at the third volume notch on the trim. If this was beta tested, immediately this is something that should never have had the chance to be released as this is something very obvious as soon as you turn the mixer on and open a track.

As far as the filters go, I don't understand how a mixer that has two channels. Two channels that are identical or supposed to be, sound different with respect to the filters? With the new firmware I cannot get them to sound the same, they are that far off. It just seems very strange that on the same mixer the two filters sound different.

At days end, buying something today and having it work as advertised 6 months after I buy it is nothing to get excited about. Cudos on the fixes all the same
Prestoe 12:24 AM - 15 August, 2015
Okay good to hear the firmware update helped some people... i was totally happy with my unit until this, since the update none of my fader reverse or channel swap buttons work and i cannot activate transform by clicking the stick. WTF
krisp kutz 2:05 AM - 15 August, 2015
Quote:
Okay good to hear the firmware update helped some people... i was totally happy with my unit until this, since the update none of my fader reverse or channel swap buttons work and i cannot activate transform by clicking the stick. WTF

You need to hold the reverse switches theres a hold on em so you cant accidentally activate them
Prestoe 3:24 AM - 15 August, 2015
Thanks for pointing this out dude, don't know how i didn't notice this... too wasted obviously

Is there an official listing of changes made in the latest updates?
krisp kutz 3:35 AM - 15 August, 2015
Here you go:

DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:34 PM - 15 August, 2015
Gold TTM57mkii for the lucky winner at DMC 2015

instagram.com
05spoof 4:34 PM - 15 August, 2015
Quote:

instagram.com

Black knobs and caps why?
Prestoe 4:24 AM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
Here you go:

Thanks for that :-)
Niro 7:32 PM - 23 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

instagram.com

Black knobs and caps why?

Unless you can get gold rubber knobs, don't see how it would be done any other way without it looking wanky. The contrast of the black is really nice.
AKIEM 8:29 PM - 23 August, 2015
The contrast is dope
05spoof 9:31 PM - 23 August, 2015
Not knocking anyones taste but form me it's like rocking a gold Rolex with black rubber wrist bands from a Casio watch.
AKIEM 10:17 PM - 23 August, 2015
...or so many golds and jewels you cant read it anymore....

lol
Spydamonkee 7:17 AM - 25 August, 2015
My list
Joy stick mapping
Scroll knobs mapping (For quicker crate and track selection)
Sample bank can set to different colours
memory column arrange in software. Ie, if i set to arrange by name and all crates will change arrange to name.This is not good.
Its a turntablist mixer, should design to quick access to crates n tracks like in SL
Hope to see these in next FW or Ver.
Please before I switch.
Niro 8:46 PM - 25 August, 2015
Quote:
Not knocking anyones taste but form me it's like rocking a gold Rolex with black rubber wrist bands from a Casio watch.

It's not a Rolex, even if it was and it had contrasting colors then it would look good. Here's an example of the black rubber wrist band I have on my Rolex. It's really comfortable and I'm able to wear it surfing.

rubberb.com

There are elements/materials to the mixer that, unless you're going to ignore them, won't look good plated in gold. Vestax have done all gold mixers and the results look great, until you play with it and it's starts to wear, then it looks really really bad. Just my opinion thou.

S
05spoof 1:50 PM - 26 August, 2015
^Just my preference.

You really surf with a Rolex or are you trolling?

The 06 was a dope mixer. Flipping the faceplate over and installing it face down was the best way to keep it looking clean. Did that with all my battle mixers that had symmetrical faceplate's.
majster kat 8:49 AM - 27 August, 2015
Quote:
My list
Joy stick mapping
memory column arrange in software. Ie, if i set to arrange by name and all crates will change arrange to name.This is not good.
Its a turntablist mixer, should design to quick access to crates n tracks like in SL
Please before I switch.

+100
majster kat 8:53 AM - 27 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
My list
Joy stick mapping
Please before I switch.

+100

also independent use of cue points 1-4 on one deck and 5-8 on the other (as a compensation for only 4 cue buttons on each side, which is an epic fail)
boogiebears 5:33 AM - 28 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My list
Joy stick mapping
Please before I switch.

+100

also independent use of cue points 1-4 on one deck and 5-8 on the other (as a compensation for only 4 cue buttons on each side, which is an epic fail)

And mapping of the footswitch without needing the use of a 3rd party app.
AKIEM 6:24 AM - 28 August, 2015
what third party app are you using?
boogiebears 12:31 PM - 30 August, 2015
Quote:

Midipipe.
AKIEM 6:36 PM - 30 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Midipipe.

so you can remap 'all' functions?

guess i could use Osculator......

(sigh)
jose aljovin 7:42 AM - 31 August, 2015
Quote:
My list
Joy stick mapping
Please before I switch.

Also the "Flex Fx + Aux Efx Shorcut" from the 57mk1
jose aljovin 7:55 AM - 31 August, 2015
Also save the Fx parameters, everytime I restart SDJ "the beats, dry/wet parameters resets, miss the old 57 "save effects settings to mixer".
05spoof 11:46 AM - 31 August, 2015
^ +100
boogiebears 5:28 AM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:
so you can remap 'all' functions?

guess i could use Osculator......

(sigh)

..I honestly haven't tried remapping all of the functions. The footswitch was not able to be mapped in Serato DJ, so using midipipe allowed me to map it since it set up a virtual midi output port that DJ did recognize. I assume that the same can be done for any of the other hardware controls, though I don't know if it takes over control or not.. And I'm not sure how to configure this in midipipe.

I'll tinker with it more after I get through this weeks gigs, and let you know my results.
AKIEM 7:56 AM - 1 September, 2015
Appreciate that.
Asu 7:50 PM - 13 September, 2015
Has anyone noticed a change in audio quality since firmware update on the MKII? Specifically the headphone output...the MP3's are the same high quality...ill do a reboot and see if anything changes but not impressed.
AKIEM 7:58 PM - 13 September, 2015
Any more info on 3rd party MIDI remaping?
Asu 8:04 PM - 13 September, 2015
Quote:

I see where it says,import settings under the Rane Control Panel but not sure if that includes midi settings...maybe someone else can pitch in
05spoof 8:43 PM - 13 September, 2015
Let's you export or import your control panel settings. Any changes you make on the MKII's control panel will be saved on the hardware itself. Hook up a different MKII and your control panel settings will be replaced with what ever settings were last made with that MKII.
Asu 8:49 PM - 13 September, 2015
Quote:
Let's you export or import your control panel settings. Any changes you make on the MKII's control panel will be saved on the hardware itself. Hook up a different MKII and your control panel settings will be replaced with what ever settings were last made with that MKII.

Excellent...meanwhile the sound is fine...there was a filter slightly turned on...all is well 😜
05spoof 9:01 PM - 13 September, 2015
lol it happens. Almost sent in the MKII for repairs because I forgot I had both filter's at max.
Asu 5:41 PM - 14 September, 2015
Quote:
lol it happens. Almost sent in the MKII for repairs because I forgot I had both filter's at max.

Lol yeah,apologies RANE...the sound is as excellent as I know it should be.

Appreciate the updates...wish they change instant doubling to a more Natural flow...it's kinda backwards vs the old Rane.
Prestoe 12:58 AM - 15 September, 2015
So happy to hear i'm not the only one who has been totally stressed out by a slightly turned filter pot :-)
boogiebears 4:18 AM - 15 September, 2015
Quote:

..ive been able to map the footswitch as well as the flex fx button. the flex fx button works fine as a trigger, as long as you have a rca patch cable in place, otherwise you get dual function mute button + whatever you mapped it to.

as far as over-riding the default mappings, i havent made any progress.. i was hoping to have a little help from forum members on how to achieve this with midipipe - but ive had no luck. i have a few other apps to toy and tinker with. hopefully something pans out - its almost 6 months from its release and no fixes from serato.
AKIEM 5:52 PM - 15 September, 2015

thanks tho
nik39 9:34 PM - 15 September, 2015
Quote:
Has anyone noticed a change in audio quality since firmware update on the MKII? Specifically the headphone output

Have you read the changelog for the firmware update?

Quote:

TTM57mkII Firmware
Changes from version 1.0.2

Added 250ms hold delay on Fader Reverse, Channel Swap and Transform push switches

Fixed power-on FX Insert initialization for Deck 2 to port A, consistent with Deck 1 initialization

Fixed issue where audio streaming was not restored after waking from sleep on Windows

Headphone output level taper modified. Finer control throughout, +3dB on upper half for hotter headphone output

Main, Booth and Session output level taper slightly modified for finer control around center

Deck input, Mic input, Session and USB Aux input level taper slightly modified for finer control around center
DJ Kid Fix 1:11 AM - 22 September, 2015
Quote:
My list
Joy stick mapping
Please before I switch.

+100!!!!!!

I have had a few occasional issues with the sound starting to add crackles and pops after 3/4 hours of use. I have to reboot the mixer and it solves it. Bit strange using a £2500 macbook. Hoping the most recent update has maybe solved that....and also just realised I've not done any firmware updates so will bite my tongue! ;-)
djkrisp 6:47 AM - 19 October, 2015
does anyone else notice the usb ports being really loose on the 57mkii? Mine is really loose and even cuts in and out. Looks like my mixer already needs to serviced less then 6 months old. Hopefully i can just drive it to the rane factory myself and can get it repaired while i wait i will call them in the morning and see i what my options are
PopRoXxX 7:02 AM - 19 October, 2015
Mine are REALLY tight. Have you made sure to push them all the way in? My USB lock is so tight you have to give it a good push.
djkrisp 8:31 AM - 19 October, 2015
Quote:
Mine are REALLY tight. Have you made sure to push them all the way in? My USB lock is so tight you have to give it a good push.

yes made sure they are pushed in all the way i think its loose on the circuit board maybe the soder job wasn't done properly. the actual cord to the port is tight when it clicks in but the port is all loose so definitely needs to be serviced I'm having bad luck with my mkii just had 2 upfaders break and now the faulty usb port.
boogiebears 9:17 AM - 19 October, 2015
Quote:

Same here. Almost virgin ;)
PopRoXxX 8:16 PM - 19 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

yes made sure they are pushed in all the way i think its loose on the circuit board maybe the soder job wasn't done properly. the actual cord to the port is tight when it clicks in but the port is all loose so definitely needs to be serviced I'm having bad luck with my mkii just had 2 upfaders break and now the faulty usb port.

Wowzers! I've NEVER broken any Rane faders in over 10 years. Pioneer on the other hand ...... Lol!
Prestoe 5:53 AM - 20 October, 2015
Mine are freakin tight.. take a bit of effort just to plug in

How you break 2 upfaders?
Asu 3:01 AM - 25 October, 2015
Quote:
Mine are freakin tight.. take a bit of effort just to plug in

How you break 2 upfaders?

He or someone he spins with must be heavy handed...i have never broken faders...Denon,Pioneer or Rane...
PopRoXxX 5:39 PM - 26 October, 2015
I am heavy handed. Been a drummer for 26 years, plus other instruments. I have broken numerous Pioneer faders. But have NEVER broken a Rane fader. Including the faders on my 12 year old OG 57SL
atothel 8:11 PM - 28 November, 2015
Anyone worked out how to set echo effects to the mic yet on the 57 MK II? So easy to do on the original, but Serato techs have already passed this issue to Rane as they don't have a clue.
Rane, Support
Zach S 11:50 PM - 30 November, 2015
You can't add internal or external effects to the microphone on the MK II.
The Sixty-Two and Sixty-Four are the only ones that have this feature in our current line.
DJ Kid Fix 4:59 AM - 1 December, 2015
Has anyone had a go at remapping yet? I've not had the chance, but can you set up the left and right library dials so one can search crates, and the other search songs in the crates?
AKIEM 5:01 PM - 1 December, 2015
Yes thats possible.
dj diggedydave 1:49 PM - 9 December, 2015
Quote:
Yes thats possible.

@AKIEM: Could you please describe how to do it?

Thanks in advance man!
dj diggedydave 8:29 AM - 16 December, 2015
Anybody? I don´t know how to remap the left scroll knob to scroll the crates and the right scroll knob to scroll the tracks...i wanna scroll without using the shift button to switch between library and tracks. I know how to open the MIDI Panel to change things and i´ve remapped already instant doubles (like the original 57SL), but i want to have the scroll knobs also like the original 57. If its possible, please let "us" know how to do it.

Thanks! Big up...
DJ Quartz 1:13 AM - 17 December, 2015
How are the cue buttons guys?
PopRoXxX 5:26 PM - 17 December, 2015
Love the cue buttons compared to all other previous Rane models
AKIEM 6:01 PM - 17 December, 2015
I dislike them. I understand why people are good with them.

Raised up like that makes them more wobbly. It would have been nice to be able to shave them down like I did on the TTM.

I think Rane should offer low profile button caps.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:11 PM - 17 December, 2015
Quote:
Love the cue buttons compared to all other previous Rane models

+1
Asu 2:42 AM - 1 April, 2016
FYI: El Capitan Update 10.11.4 OFFICIAL SUPPORT.....THANK GOD

Rane is pleased to announce support for the latest version of Apple OS X El Capitan (10.11.4).

The latest Apple update 10.11.4 is now available and fixes compatibility issues with the MP2015, MP2014, and TTM57mkII. These products are USB Class Compliant devices that utilize drivers built in the OS X operating system, they do not require device driver updates from Rane.

We have new device drivers for the Sixty-Two, Sixty-Four, Sixty-Eight, Sixty-One, and the SL3 available for download to fix compatibility issues with Apple OS X El Capitan (10.11.4). Only the latest version of El Capitan 10.11.4 (15E65) is supported. These drivers are not compatible with older OS X versions.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 6:03 PM - 1 April, 2016
Since the latest update, its been working much much better...... None of that horrible audio distortion I was having these last few months.....

If they could make it so that I could have the 62's buttons instead of the rubbery buttons, I would be happier..... Not sure, I like the harder click feeling versus the soft rubber.
Asu 12:47 AM - 2 April, 2016
Quote:
Since the latest update, its been working much much better...... None of that horrible audio distortion I was having these last few months.....

That distortion Pissed me off on the 62...Had to take my MKII to the club every Friday...couldn't use the 62 they have.

I'm an Apple beta tester so i've had my MKII working ok for about 2 Months...we went thru 7 Betas to the current one that's official.

It's the 62 that was still a problem but now that's solved :-) so Tonight i'll just carry my laptop
Mighty Dragon Sounds 9:38 AM - 2 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

That distortion Pissed me off on the 62...Had to take my MKII to the club every Friday...couldn't use the 62 they have.

I'm an Apple beta tester so i've had my MKII working ok for about 2 Months...we went thru 7 Betas to the current one that's official.

It's the 62 that was still a problem but now that's solved :-) so Tonight i'll just carry my laptop

Good to hear! Yea, when that distortion first happened... I was blaming it on everything except the mixer..... Came to the forums and discovered in horror what was going on. This was bad in December.
knivfest 11:38 AM - 4 April, 2016
I love this mixer. The only problem I have is that the waveform doesn't keep up with the record movement during fast backspins. The waveform sort of jumps around. Anyone else having this issue? Doesn't seem like an issue with Serato as the same thing occurs in Traktor (modified to work with any sound card).
Asu 12:40 PM - 6 April, 2016
Quote:
I love this mixer. The only problem I have is that the waveform doesn't keep up with the record movement during fast backspins. The waveform sort of jumps around. Anyone else having this issue? Doesn't seem like an issue with Serato as the same thing occurs in Traktor (modified to work with any sound card).

I think 1.9 fixed the issue....they fixed alot of the GUI issues.

Played last friday with the Latest OSX EL Capitan update and New Rane 62 drivers and had a flawless Night.
knivfest 3:11 PM - 6 April, 2016
Quote:

I think 1.9 fixed the issue....they fixed alot of the GUI issues.

Played last friday with the Latest OSX EL Capitan update and New Rane 62 drivers and had a flawless Night.

Nope same issue in 1.9 and the other 2-3 versions before. It's not just a waveform issue, the song actually skips (even relative mode) so beat juggling is impossible.
Asu 11:55 PM - 11 April, 2016
Quote:
Nope same issue in 1.9 and the other 2-3 versions before. It's not just a waveform issue, the song actually skips (even relative mode) so beat juggling is impossible.

could be the specs of your laptop then...Video card may not be strong enough or low memory?
knivfest 6:18 AM - 12 April, 2016
Quote:
could be the specs of your laptop then...Video card may not be strong enough or low memory?

Got the latest 13" Retina MBP. Same on my girlfriends 11" MBA and shitty old PC.
Asu 3:57 AM - 15 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Got the latest 13" Retina MBP. Same on my girlfriends 11" MBA and shitty old PC.

could be that retina display compatibility...i got one of those last mid-2012's with dedicated Nvidia GT and regular intel graphics 4000+super drive...works flawless...I've used my lady's Mid 2012 11" and it worked fine with it's integrated graphics but it's not a retina display either....honestly retina display requires high-end graphics me thinks for those intense senarios....it's kinda like trying to play 4k games on an average video card aka intel...the graphics have to be able to keep up.

so basically Intel Iris Pro will run out of gas real quick... while the Top of the line Macbook with both Iris Pro + dedicated AMD Radeon R9 M370X with 2GB of GDDR5 memory and automatic graphics switching will keep up just fine.

Of course you want to disable automatic graphics switching when doing heavy video mixing 720P,1080P so only dedicated graphics run.

I bet if you turn down your resolution when using Serato DJ,your problem will go away.

The Graphics are being overworked aka can't draw fast enough to the screen on backspins...upgrading RAM would help but these newer macs have the Ram soldered on the board unlike the older Macs.
knivfest 7:19 AM - 15 April, 2016
Quote:
could be that retina display compatibility...i got one of those last mid-2012's with dedicated Nvidia GT and regular intel graphics 4000+super drive...works flawless...I've used my lady's Mid 2012 11" and it worked fine with it's integrated graphics but it's not a retina display either....honestly retina display requires high-end graphics me thinks for those intense senarios....it's kinda like trying to play 4k games on an average video card aka intel...the graphics have to be able to keep up.

so basically Intel Iris Pro will run out of gas real quick... while the Top of the line Macbook with both Iris Pro + dedicated AMD Radeon R9 M370X with 2GB of GDDR5 memory and automatic graphics switching will keep up just fine.

Of course you want to disable automatic graphics switching when doing heavy video mixing 720P,1080P so only dedicated graphics run.

I bet if you turn down your resolution when using Serato DJ,your problem will go away.

The Graphics are being overworked aka can't draw fast enough to the screen on backspins...upgrading RAM would help but these newer macs have the Ram soldered on the board unlike the older Macs.

Well, like I said. I tried this on three different computers and only one of them is retina Mac. It can't be an issue with graphics. If it where the graphics not keeping up with the record movement the audio wouldn't fuck up/jump around I guess.

Here's a video of the issue. Sorry about the stereo image. When backspinning too fast it "jumps". Both waveform, virtual deck and audio. Keep in mind that I'm using relative mode here. So any needle skips shouldn't be a problem. I can scratch super fast/heavy handed without any skips.
www.dropbox.com

I have tried three different versions of SDJ, three different computers, three different OS's, different slipmats, two different USB cables, five different pairs of control vinyls, various settings in Serato and so on. The only thing I have not tried are different turntables. Mine are internally grounded. I really don't think that could be the problem but I will try a third deck that isn't internally grounded later today just to make sure. If my decks aren't the issue it comes down to the mixer itself (which by the way has the latest available firmware).
Prestoe 1:03 PM - 15 April, 2016
Have you tried different software? VDJ8 seems to track Serato vinyl better than Serato in my opinion. You can download it free and have a go, at least you could rule out the software then.
knivfest 1:04 PM - 15 April, 2016
Quote:
Have you tried different software? VDJ8 seems to track Serato vinyl better than Serato in my opinion. You can download it free and have a go, at least you could rule out the software then.

Yup. VDJ8 was even worse...
knivfest 1:15 PM - 15 April, 2016
I've also "hacked" Traktor to work with the 57MK2 and although it works a lot better same thing happen now and then.
Prestoe 1:28 PM - 15 April, 2016
Oh damn it, Sounds like the mixer is the only thing left.
knivfest 7:03 AM - 18 April, 2016
Yeah. Gonna test with a CDJ today to see if theres any difference using timecode CD's.
Gio Alex 2:32 PM - 18 April, 2016
Quote:
I've also "hacked" Traktor to work with the 57MK2 and although it works a lot better same thing happen now and then.

WHOA!!!

Can you do this so SSL works with the MK2? Cuz that'll be a game changer. Sales will go ALL THE WAY UP for that mixer.
WarpNote 2:56 PM - 18 April, 2016
Quote:
Can you do this so SSL works with the MK2?

I highly doubt it, as SSL use proprietary audio drivers, while Tractor is using Core Audio...
Gio Alex 2:59 PM - 18 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Can you do this so SSL works with the MK2?

I highly doubt it, as SSL use proprietary audio drivers, while Tractor is using Core Audio...

Ah I see.
knivfest 6:20 AM - 19 April, 2016
Quote:
Yeah. Gonna test with a CDJ today to see if theres any difference using timecode CD's.

So I tried with a CDJ and had no issues when backspinning. To me this seems to be an issue with needle jumping. Don't really get how that should affect anything in relative mode though. Serato seems to be more sensitive to needle jumps compared to Traktor.
Asu 11:18 PM - 19 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Yup. VDJ8 was even worse...

that's odd then...only thing is Turntables then....ahh I see you discovered the same...maybe add more weight to the needle?
knivfest 5:55 AM - 20 April, 2016
More needle pressure seems to work a little better (at least in my head) but not good enough. I figured Traktor handles minor tracking issues better than Serato. Tracks are also deeper on the Traktor vinyls compared to Serato vinyls. And also the 2K tone is maybe better then 1K when it comes to tracking. I don't know.
Prestoe 8:44 AM - 20 April, 2016
What needles are you running? i had a lot of tracking problems with my factory Stanton needles, even with additional weight (not that i expected much from the factory needles).

M44-7's fixed that prob for me.. tracks perfect with 2.5g weight. I've notice it helps to have the tonearm height set a little high, set to low will give you endless tracking drama.
knivfest 8:49 AM - 20 April, 2016
I've got M44-7's set at 3 grams with arm height at 3. I also have Ortofon Q's and Gold. No difference with any of them. My decks are in great condition so there shouldn't be any problems with the tonearms.
Asu 6:04 PM - 22 April, 2016
Quote:
I've got M44-7's set at 3 grams with arm height at 3. I also have Ortofon Q's and Gold. No difference with any of them. My decks are in great condition so there shouldn't be any problems with the tonearms.

when playing out,you need more than 3 grams...i have mine at 3.5 but use Shure white labels...excellent tracking even on fast backspins...guys like Qbert even reverse the weight to keep those needles down at all costs lol...so add more weight when DJing...then reduce it when home playing your Real records so you don't wear em out.
Asu 6:13 PM - 22 April, 2016
FYI The Newer Serato Performance Series Records which I use are as loud as Traktor's for Tracking purposes...i.e 6db louder...those are the only ones i use in various colors...the grooves are also deeper than the older stuff....so that could be another issue

store.serato.com
The Return of Dj Sparky 6:19 PM - 22 April, 2016
if your having back spin issues, the main culprits are,

warped vinyl,
the vinyl center hole has too much play,
needles,
not enough weight,
tonearm bearings

in your cast i'm guessing there is too much play around the spindle or the bearings are going on the tonearm,

there is a guide on youtube to checking the bearing as i suspected mine is a bit faulty but removing all play around the spindle seems a lot better
knivfest 6:06 AM - 23 April, 2016
I have tried everything between 2.5 to 4 grams. Makes no difference. I've got a few warped control vinyls but I don't use them. The ones I use are perfectly flat and the holes are taped so they're good around the spindle. Needles are good, have tried five different ones, one pair only a few weeks old. Tonearms are good.

Might buy a pair of the older version control vinyls to see if theres any difference compared to the performance series (which I have 5 pairs of). And which btw are so slippery (to the touch) that it's really hard to get a good grip on if you have a little dry hands. And that is no problem with regular vinyl or Traktor vinyl.
Steve Marxx 11:07 PM - 13 September, 2016
skimmed this forum and haven't seen it discussed...

I know the software efx are post-fader, however when i disengage the FX "ON" button, all efx stop cold. Is there a way to make the efx trail off after disengaging the FX "ON' button???

This was possible on the original ttm57 through routing efx through the FlexFX. I purchased this mixer as it seemed to have everything additional I wanted on the original 57.

If this isn't possible on the 57MKII I can't believe I bought this. Big fail. All I require is a proper functioning echo!!! Please help!

Thanks.
-Steve
DJ Kid Fix 12:16 AM - 14 September, 2016
Yeh, turn the FX nob to the right...Wet/Dry mix
Steve Marxx 12:47 AM - 14 September, 2016
figured it out. wasn't the wet/dry thing.

After finding out there was an updated "control panel" for the mk2, i installed that.

Once installed, it prompted to upgrade firmware. Boom. All good. THANK GOD.
teemac111 7:56 PM - 14 September, 2016
Is the echo as good on the mk2 as the original 57? I know for a fact the 62's isnt
PopRoXxX 7:57 PM - 14 September, 2016
Quote:
Is the echo as good on the mk2 as the original 57? I know for a fact the 62's isnt

Yes. At least for me. I don't like a lot of different echo FX from other companies. But I will say it's tied into the SDJ FX as the mixer doesn't have it's own on board FX
AKIEM 11:52 PM - 14 September, 2016
mkii, no internal effects
teemac111 3:29 AM - 16 September, 2016
Damn
AKIEM 3:45 AM - 16 September, 2016
For DVS it doesnt matter tho. Post fader effects still work.
DJ Nexus2000 4:14 AM - 18 September, 2016
IMO, i tried out the new 57 and it did not feel as good as a 62 or a 57mkII. It felt cheap on the faceplate. For that much, i would rather by a DJM S9
AKIEM 5:21 PM - 18 September, 2016
whats a "new 57"?
DJ Nexus2000 6:00 PM - 18 September, 2016
57MKII. This is new generation of the 57
AKIEM 6:20 PM - 18 September, 2016
you mean the mkii didn't feel as good as the old 57?

I agree. mostly the buttons feel loose. I havnt had any problem with them tho.
skampy 6:20 PM - 18 September, 2016
Okay. Then read your sentence again please. "the 57 mkII did not feel as good as the 57 mkII".
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:40 PM - 18 September, 2016
Quote:
Okay. Then read your sentence again please. "the 57 mkII did not feel as good as the 57 mkII".

I saw that too -
Quote:
i tried out the new 57 and it did not feel as good as a 62 or a 57mkII.
Asu 2:27 AM - 19 September, 2016
i prefer the colored buttons on the 57MKII...but i do use the 62 at my residency...i have no issue using both...the buttons are softer in a good way on the MKII compared to the 62...but i have no issue using both.
Steve Marxx 1:41 AM - 30 September, 2016
Any possibility on adding a function to disable the FlexFX buttons on mixer itself? It's really annoying having that right on top of the software FX ON buttons.

Nothing beats reaching to press the FX ON and accidentally hitting the FlexFX button and cutting out the audio entirely. That's what they currently do.

Since you can toggle the functionality of these in the mixer control panel, I don't need them on the mixer unless the rare occasion i hook up an external efx unit.

I would even consider removing them to avoid hitting them. Anyone have knowledge on how to remove these little punch buttons?
AKIEM 6:10 AM - 30 September, 2016
I put 'jumpers' on mine. Short rca cables out to in. Then I can a sign that button to whatever.
Laz219 6:32 AM - 30 September, 2016
Quote:
I put 'jumpers' on mine. Short rca cables out to in. Then I can a sign that button to whatever.

That's actually a good idea I've never though of, I used to have a mixer with the FX loop toggle directly under the bass EQ pot- used to accidently tap it all the time.
AKIEM 6:38 AM - 30 September, 2016
Looks retro too
Steve Marxx 7:59 AM - 30 September, 2016
Brilliant. Works perfectly. THANK YOU!!
PopRoXxX 2:35 PM - 30 September, 2016
Quote:

This is a GREAT idea!! +100 homie
AKIEM 2:48 PM - 30 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

check this out dj.rane.com
PopRoXxX 3:44 PM - 30 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yooooooooo!!! 😳

Where can I get some of those "out of the way" jumpers?!
Tommy R 4:35 PM - 30 September, 2016
I want some too!!
AKIEM 5:42 PM - 30 September, 2016
Both of those on that page I put together from parts I had around.

I was going to do something else..... hold tight, I might have something you guys would be interested in..... give me a little time on it.
PopRoXxX 7:14 PM - 30 September, 2016
Quote:
Both of those on that page I put together from parts I had around.

I was going to do something else..... hold tight, I might have something you guys would be interested in..... give me a little time on it.

Waiting patiently for the awesomeness
Steve Marxx 3:41 AM - 4 October, 2016
Yeah those out of the way ones look so fresh.
Gio Alex 4:48 PM - 4 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Pardon my ignorance, but what's the purpose of the jumpers?
AKIEM 5:25 PM - 4 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you push FlexFx by accident you get dead silence. With jumpers you can also assign the button to midi. I have mine trigger an echo so they work like TTM effects work around.
Gio Alex 5:28 PM - 4 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you push FlexFx by accident you get dead silence. With jumpers you can also assign the button to midi. I have mine trigger an echo so they work like TTM effects work around.

ah ok, gotcha. Thanks for explaining. How are you liking the MKII vs the original?
CMOS 5:28 PM - 4 October, 2016
If im reading correctly (i dont have the mixer) its to bridge the gap between the send and return channels so audio doesnt stop when flexfx is pressed.

Almost as if you have an efx unit with no efx running.
AKIEM 5:29 PM - 4 October, 2016
The first cables I made because I couldnt find any. Now there are a bunch on ebay.

The could get in the way. Then I put those out of the way ones together.

I cant find anymore of those specific ones. But I'm putting together a different solution that will be out of the why and look pretty cool.
CMOS 5:29 PM - 4 October, 2016
Ahh youz type faster than me. lol
PopRoXxX 5:33 PM - 4 October, 2016
Quote:
The first cables I made because I couldnt find any. Now there are a bunch on ebay.

The could get in the way. Then I put those out of the way ones together.

I cant find anymore of those specific ones. But I'm putting together a different solution that will be out of the why and look pretty cool.

Let me know ASAP homie! PayPal ready lol
CMOS 6:07 PM - 4 October, 2016
AKIEM 8:35 PM - 4 October, 2016
Any of those would work. As long as they are the right size... which Im not sure about.

The issue with the cables is they can be in the way.
AKIEM 10:37 PM - 4 October, 2016
Quote:
How are you liking the MKII vs the original?

The TTM feels a little more solid overall. A big part of that is the raised buttons which feel more loose even thought they arnt, its just because they are tall (not the cue buttons)

I like the color coded cue buttons, but Im not really a fan of rubber buttons. I like them on my MPC because they are velocity sensitive. So they are ok. I actually liked the TTM buttons, they were just smaller and harder to see. I think something in between would have been better. I know people will disagree with that.

I hate the gain knobs missing the center notch. Thats probably my biggest gripe. Im dealing with that by assuaging them to effects then finding center by looking at them on the screen.

Flex FX should have had a dry/wet on it.

Since you can't send the mic input to the computer (if Im not mistaken about that) it would have been good to have a FlexFX loop on it. Its also a line in, it would have been good to be able to effect that input.

My second biggest gripe is both the library knobs being the same midi control. So if you are fine with just the one knob for library the other knob is wasted - maybe thats my biggest gripe now.

There might be a good reason, but I don't know why it uses like four or six midi channels. It should only use two or three at the most, if not just one. Ive been having conflicts with other gear.

Overall I love it tho, maybe a little less than the original (for now) Im glad I skipped the whole 60 series and Rane got this out before they sold out.

Oh wait, my biggest issue is assigning a knob to INT pitch is crap / but thats on Serato - dumb they won't fix it. But I made a temporary work around - you are going to love the pics of that...
WarpNote 11:28 AM - 5 October, 2016
Quote:
Im glad I skipped the whole 60 series
Just out of curiosity, what are your main gripes with the 62 & 64?
(personally I prefer these over the 57/57mk2)
AKIEM 4:59 PM - 5 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I forget all the criticisms I had when they come out. But my main one was probably that there wasn't the two joysticks. My TTM work flow depended on them. Theres information overload with all the lit buttons. The effects are redundant at this point, software effects. The push buttons to cue. Ultimately I just didn't want to adapt to the mixer when I had a perfectly good/better 57 work flow.

Every time I get on a 62 I'm making mistakes... Always big crowds.... Eh

It was just a matter of days before the MKII came out, I reluctantly decided to go with a 61+SL3. glad I didn't have to.

They must have felt the sales where low. Must have been a good number of people not upgrading.
Gio Alex 5:20 PM - 5 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

It's nice to have a mixer that is illuminated and you can see things in the dark, but I really hate how much of a skittles mixer the 62 looks like. I really really preferred the level meters placed in between the upfaders. 64 has no SSL support, not necessarily Rane's fault. I feel like the 57 really did it right. Only thing I don't like on the 57 is the AUX in have no EQs and not being able to assign FX to the mic using the mixers alone. And What I mean by that is no FLEX FX button for the mic. Like when using an external FX (Not Serato FX).
Mr. Goodkat 11:18 PM - 5 October, 2016
the 62 has ups and downs, but im liking it more and more. the sound is so fat(w ssl) sound guy at a gig the other nite asked if i had the bass turned up. its almost too bass heavy on occasion(w smaller speakers) coming from a djm 900srt(w sdj) to a 62.

its not perfect and the buttons suck esp the fx buttons because of size and not triggering them is easy to do but its very unique.

the reverb sounds very analogue to me like the old reggae dub reverb. the delay fade seems kinda short.

hows the sound on the 57 mk2?
Steve Marxx 3:49 AM - 6 October, 2016
Headphone audio delay!

So I know the answer has always been to lower the latency, but I'm not satisfied with that answer. If I raise the latency, the audio output should still be the same from every output, including the headphone.

This was never a problem for the original ttm57....or any mixer I've ever encountered.

Gigging right now and it's annoying!

I need my mixer to work properly so I can mix properly! FIRMWARE upgrade ASAP please!
Culprit 4:57 PM - 6 October, 2016
There is still latency with headphones? I thought that got fixed.. man it sucks Serato was not contracted to do the firmware for these products
AKIEM 5:45 PM - 6 October, 2016
Quote:
hows the sound on the 57 mk2?

1. I don't trust other peoples ears.
2. I dont trust my own ears.

I was planning to do a good side by side TTM+SSL v. MKII+SDJ. But I wouldn't necessarily be able to tell if the difference was the hardware or software. Then I realized I wouldn't be doing anything about it so it doesn't matter too much...
AKIEM 3:51 PM - 28 October, 2016
Anyone else having trouble MKII + LINK??
Steve Marxx 7:52 PM - 2 November, 2016
[post removed]