DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

NS7III

http://sera.to/~id:6176685 2:29 PM - 22 January, 2015
Logisticalstyles 4:49 PM - 22 January, 2015
Kinda sucks if you just got an NS7 II recently. It looks good though.
blackavenger 4:52 PM - 22 January, 2015
so it looks exactly like the mockup images that we saw a few months back?
blackavenger 5:01 PM - 22 January, 2015
If so, that's LAME!!
Davideon 5:59 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
If so, that's LAME!!

Thats numark!
blackavenger 6:01 PM - 22 January, 2015
They didn't even change the level meters to Green/Amber/Red like on the NV. If they had, I would have at least "considered" it.
dj_soo 7:04 PM - 22 January, 2015
Apparently they plan on selling the screen unit separate which you can install on your ns7II will act as a usb pass through so you plug the ns7II into the unit and then into your laptop
dizzyrocks2001 7:09 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
Apparently they plan on selling the screen unit separate which you can install on your ns7II will act as a usb pass through so you plug the ns7II into the unit and then into your laptop

That is correct, I've read that info from many sources, so us NS7ii owners aren't left out in the cold :). I read somewhere that the screen unit will retail for $300.
lvmez 11:43 PM - 22 January, 2015
DJ Barz 5:06 AM - 23 January, 2015
You know what I'm stoked about, the NSII bout to get cheaper! :)
djkurve 7:07 AM - 23 January, 2015
Guys you do realize this is just an NS7 II with a clip on screen bar? They're (Numark) is doing the same thing as the first NS7/FX bar. Remember the NS7FX? Same OG NS7, but came with the FX bar. *smh*
DJ Barz 7:52 AM - 23 January, 2015
Hey man, as long as it makes the NS72 cheaper I'm all game for them to clip on whatever they like.
djkurve 8:01 AM - 23 January, 2015
NS7II is going for less than a grand right now. Just gotta shop around....
DJ Barz 8:02 AM - 23 January, 2015
True, it's been a while since I checked.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 4:40 AM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
Guys you do realize this is just an NS7 II with a clip on screen bar? They're (Numark) is doing the same thing as the first NS7/FX bar. Remember the NS7FX? Same OG NS7, but came with the FX bar. *smh*

Sure is :) it's just an update to the current flagship product from Numark and replaces this in the market.

Having them available separately is great for users who currently have NS7II units as well.
blackavenger 5:53 AM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
Sure is :) it's just an update to the current flagship product from Numark and replaces this in the market.

Yup, and NO NEED to name it the NS7III, as it just adds a complimentary feature, and is not a full update of the controller itself. Sure, it's just semantics, but peeps pay attention to 'ish like that.

NS7II w' Triple Screen that offers nothing but visual aid (haha)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 5:58 AM - 24 January, 2015
I guess you have a point. I like that it's the NS7III though. It's a big powerful controller and deserves a big powerful name :)

NS7II with Triple Screen doesn't have the same twang you know.

Sam.
blackavenger 6:05 AM - 24 January, 2015
I realize Y'all have NO SAY in what Numark decides to call it, but I can't help but laugh at them giving it the Mark III title.
djkurve 6:12 AM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
I realize Y'all have NO SAY in what Numark decides to call it, but I can't help but laugh at them giving it the Mark III title.

+1

Still *smh*
Code:E 8:32 PM - 26 January, 2015
I for one am glad numark went this route. Don't fix it if it's not broken. Just add on more new toys. no part changes, NS7II are not out of date now. Parts will be the same. Its a good baby step well the market decides how big and where they want there screens installed in there controllers.

Samuel S can you confirm some info on the numark screen? DO I have to own a NS7II to be able to use the screens? Can I use them with any controller or DVS setup on Serato DJ? If so I will be buying 2 sets instantly and I know many others who will be also.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:10 PM - 26 January, 2015
Quote:
Samuel S can you confirm some info on the numark screen? DO I have to own a NS7II to be able to use the screens? Can I use them with any controller or DVS setup on Serato DJ? If so I will be buying 2 sets instantly and I know many others who will be also.

Hey Code:E,

At this stage Numark have mentioned only Numark NS7II users will be able to use the screens as an add-on but i'd check with them to be sure.

Cheers,

Sam
Code:E 12:07 AM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

At this stage Numark have mentioned only Numark NS7II users will be able to use the screens as an add-on but i'd check with them to be sure.

Cheers,

Sam

Please Do.... And since they don't have a forum, Can we start a petiention here to change there minds on that if it wont. I could see alot of guys using those with turntables for very clean looking setups.
MPC O.G. 12:40 AM - 27 January, 2015
Not to be a dick, but couldn't you just get a 9 inch HDMI monitor and and do it yourself? Just asking.
MPC O.G. 12:43 AM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
Not to be a dick, but couldn't you just get a 9 inch HDMI monitor and and do it yourself? Just asking.

Is dual screen POSSIBLE or an option in SDJ yet? That would solve a lot of issues.
djkurve 12:50 AM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers,

Sam

Please Do.... And since they don't have a forum, Can we start a petiention here to change there minds on that if it wont. I could see alot of guys using those with turntables for very clean looking setups.

Actually they do have a forum.

community.numark.com
Code:E 12:54 AM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:

No
Quote:
Quote:

Is dual screen POSSIBLE or an option in SDJ yet? That would solve a lot of issues.

And thats why.

Plus the numark thing is triple screen. Have you seen the dude who is projecting his waveforms onto his mixer... Thats really cool this numark thing is more practical. And it appears to make a good use of the screen size where Serato is horibble for screen layout. If I had this I could close waveform view on my computer and have more room to view Mix Emergency. Plus it would look awesome! And I would pay $300 to look that awesome!
Code:E 12:54 AM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers,

Sam

Actually they do have a forum.

community.numark.com

Well then!!!!!!!!!!
djkurve 1:05 AM - 27 January, 2015
I just watched another video from NAMM 2015. This one was from getinthemix.com Chris (the rep from Numark) was going over the NS7 III and made a few interesting comments. (Which didn't make any sense) He said there were small updates within the main controller.

1.) Instant Start...Um someone needs to tell him that already is in play. Serato DJ 1.7.2

2.) Added DVS..Now I'm really confused on this one. On another thread in the Serato forum I confirmed that Numark was working on updating the firmware for the NS7 II to support DVS. All they told us was early 2015. Can anyone from Serato confirm if this NS7 III will support DVS out of the box like the DDJ-SZ? If the answer is yes, then I would expect all current NS7 II owners to get the DVS plug-in for free. I mean there really is no reason we should have to pay $99.
Code:E 1:19 AM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
2.) Added DVS..Now I'm really confused on this one. On another thread in the Serato forum I confirmed that Numark was working on updating the firmware for the NS7 II to support DVS. All they told us was early 2015. Can anyone from Serato confirm if this NS7 III will support DVS out of the box like the DDJ-SZ?

I was all on board with you until.....
Quote:
If the answer is yes, then I would expect all current NS7 II owners to get the DVS plug-in for free. I mean there really is no reason we should have to pay $99.

Why? Under what logic. Just because the new one support the feature and may even come with it.... why would the older model be given this update for free? The reason NS7ii owners need to pay for it is because Numark didn't build it into there original licening agreement with Serato to unlock that feature. It makes perfect sense on why. IF numark wanted to eat the cost of $99 per sn7ii they have sold to give it away for free then they could. But things like that don't happen all that often.
djkurve 1:31 AM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
2.) Added DVS..Now I'm really confused on this one. On another thread in the Serato forum I confirmed that Numark was working on updating the firmware for the NS7 II to support DVS. All they told us was early 2015. Can anyone from Serato confirm if this NS7 III will support DVS out of the box like the DDJ-SZ?

I was all on board with you until.....
Quote:
If the answer is yes, then I would expect all current NS7 II owners to get the DVS plug-in for free. I mean there really is no reason we should have to pay $99.

Why? Under what logic. Just because the new one support the feature and may even come with it.... why would the older model be given this update for free? The reason NS7ii owners need to pay for it is because Numark didn't build it into there original licening agreement with Serato to unlock that feature. It makes perfect sense on why. IF numark wanted to eat the cost of $99 per sn7ii they have sold to give it away for free then they could. But things like that don't happen all that often.

Code:E here's the logic. Numark has done nothing new with the NS7 III other than add a screen bar to the NS7 II model. No new hardware updates have been made to the unit itself, therefore it's just an OG NS7 II with a screen bar add-on. (Both Numark and Serato have confirmed this.) Numark has confirmed in order for the NS7 II (which is the same unit your getting when you buy an NS7 III) to support DVS that they have to update the firmware. Which if you've looked on the Numark forums I've been up there butts since October about the firmware update. They really don't keep their customers in the loop. It took almost 5 months to get an updated response from Numark in regards to the firmware update! Which I'm sure the only reason someone responded was because the NS7 III was announced at NAMM and there was a blip about it being DVS supported. So between now and whenever this NS7 III gets released there has to be a mandatory firmware update if you want the DVS support. Does that make sense now?
Robbie O 3:29 AM - 27 January, 2015
I still feel screens are a big miss if you can't ditch your laptop... but a nice consolation prize would be to enable video previewing for the Serato-Video users out there. I have the NS7ii but I'm into the video mix scene, just a thought
Code:E 3:42 AM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
Does that make sense now?

Nope I see no correlation to firmware update that numark has to write and why Serato and or numark should give ns72 owners the free dvs upgrade, even if they give to ns73 owner.... No joke. I really think your logic is wrong.

I agree the 2 units are the same save the screen addon. In order for the NS7 to work with Serato's paid update Numark need to rewrite the firmware in the NS7ii to support a new feature. I'm sure they also need to write a new firmware for those screens to function. So Numark creating a new firmware for a feature too be used in serato that serato will be charging for and not sharing. Your logic is not adding up.

Also this new firmware thats coming out, to save money on R&D,and timeon beta's and other testing issues I'm sure will be all encompassing, meaning that it will also allow the screens to function correctly which they still didn't even have right at namm (no stacked wavforms).

So you said, 2 things need to happen for DVS to work. Numark must make a firmware for serato's programming to be able to control the sound card so DVS programming can work. Serato must write (and for you unlock) the code for DVS (which is what there company is built on). I see 2 company's having todo something where one profits and the other works. So again. No connection, No logic.

We don't even know is the NS7iii will come with DVS for free. If it doesn't all of your logic gone. If it does (which I don't think it will, as they have only mentioned it as a feature and not supplied) Also numark's model is still the not top tier priced company, I would forecast that they like the Idea of user paid add-on's where they only have to fork over the least money possible for basic licensing. If they do add the DVS functions it still doesn't tons of good reasons as to why the NS72 wont get it. My 1st thought is those fancy new screens. I'm sure required plenty of back and worth between the two company's maybe they developed the software to do it (which is still working on USB2.0 and amazes the hell out of me). Maybe numark put alot fo work in and Serato rewarded numark with free DVS for ns7III to push sales and advance the screen division more. This is also why numark built an add on for there flag ship now. which gives them more time to get feedback and come out this a better version in 2-3 years.

Anyway, I still don't see why a firmware updates means you should get DVS for free.
djkurve 6:47 PM - 28 January, 2015
Quote:
I'm sure they also need to write a new firmware for those screens to function

The firmware they're working on now will be for both the screens and DVS. That way whenever they start selling the screen bar add-on later this year it will be plug and play with the NS7 II. (Spoke with Numark direct about this) Sidebar, but did anyone else find it odd that Numark brought a prototype NS7 III to Namm, but they had a fully functional one back in RI?

Quote:
So you said, 2 things need to happen for DVS to work. Numark must make a firmware for serato's programming to be able to control the sound card so DVS programming can work. Serato must write (and for you unlock) the code for DVS (which is what there company is built on). I see 2 company's having to do something where one profits and the other works. So again. No connection, No logic.

Serato informed me the only thing they needed from Numark for the NS7 II to be DVS ready is to make the RCA inputs visible to the sound card. With that information being relayed from Serato I naturally assumed all they had to do was enable the DVS option in the latest version of Serato DJ. I'm pretty sure the master DVS coding for the limited amount of DJ controllers wouldn't be that hard to adapt to the NS7 II. Especially since all that needs done is a simple task of making RCA inputs visible to the sound card.

Quote:
We don't even know is the NS7iii will come with DVS for free.

Well the way they worded it in their 2015 Namm Press Release it sounded like it was free.

"The NS7 III is plug and play compatible with Serato DJ
no additional purchase of the software is required and is Serato
NoiseMap ready."
(www.numark.com)
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 8:10 PM - 6 November, 2015
Hello Everyone,

This thread hasn't been posted on for quite some time now but I wanted to follow up regarding the differences between the NS7II and NS7III. Well, there are plenty of differences and we walk through a number of them in the following article - www.numark.com.

Also, I wanted to comment regarding DVS for NS7II and NS7III. With the release of Serato DJ 1.7.7, both NS7II and NS7III users can now utilize Serato's DVS Expansion Pack. This Expansion Pack can be purchased and activated in-app through the My Serato window or the Serato Online Store - store.serato.com. Make sure that you have the latest version of Serato DJ installed too - serato.com.

For future support regarding your Numark hardware or hardware related questions, feel free to post on our Numark forum community.numark.com.

I hope this helps everyone. Thanks!
Dj Whit 10:24 PM - 22 October, 2017
When I load my left deck on my Ns7iii the music jumps(skips) all over the place. What can cause this?
dj_soo 10:56 PM - 22 October, 2017
faulty needle strip maybe - you can disable that in the software