DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

new pioneer xdj rx

Davideon 8:10 AM - 20 January, 2015
www.djkit.com

interesting
Code:E 8:16 AM - 20 January, 2015
Here we go, here we go.... Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com

Well I am very glad to see the edge being pushed. Stand alone systems could mean a whole new world.
Mr. Goodkat 8:17 AM - 20 January, 2015
and here

www.djtechtools.com

seems like record box and pioneer could be a serious contender to knock 1 of the 2 major players out. which imo would be serato. why license software to work with your controllers to make some of the money, instead of taking all the money? traktor hasnt been using pioneer lately and have their own hardware line. Looks like the software even has their own version of flip.

or maybe i watched too much breaking bad tonite.
Code:E 8:21 AM - 20 January, 2015
I think this might still be a toy. I would want a RZ version with bigger platters and 4 channels.

Most of all I'm excited to see pioneer put pads on a stand alone piece of gear. I'm still hoping for a CDJ-2000nexus replacement with pads. So that it can be used stand alone or with Serato in HID mode.
Mr. Goodkat 8:27 AM - 20 January, 2015
start with beginners and low prices.

move to a professional unit once the bugs are ironed out ala the SZ
Mr. Goodkat 8:28 AM - 20 January, 2015
what do you mean by 'putting pads on a stand alone piece of gear'?
Code:E 8:35 AM - 20 January, 2015
Quote:
what do you mean by 'putting pads on a stand alone piece of gear'?

There are pads on this. And this thing doesn't require Serato for them todo anything. Nothing else pioneer has done that yet. That gives me hope to see pads on a CDJ type single deck player.
Mr. Goodkat 8:37 AM - 20 January, 2015
i thought this was one piece? like a controller. seems like any of the other controller line. i just assume they couldnt fit in 8 for size and control purposes. i think 8 is too many anyway personally
DJ-Hulmeman 11:15 AM - 20 January, 2015
Spooky...? I'm reading about that right now! :O www.digitaldjtips.com
lvmez 12:49 PM - 20 January, 2015
Quote:
I think this might still be a toy. I would want a RZ version with bigger platters and 4 channels.

Most of all I'm excited to see pioneer put pads on a stand alone piece of gear. I'm still hoping for a CDJ-2000nexus replacement with pads. So that it can be used stand alone or with Serato in HID mode.

How is a $1799 controller a toy? It does the same thing as two 2000 nexus and a mixer.

If your waiting on something more expensive that does the same thing, then that's up to you.
Mr. Goodkat 12:58 PM - 20 January, 2015
the the rx ala sx. he's saying he wants the rz like the sz. .

1799$ will end up at like 14-1599 maybe less, but pio doesnt go too far off msrp from what i can tell (with new products).
blackavenger 1:28 PM - 20 January, 2015
This is what I've been waiting for. However, as I am a "Lossless Only" kind of guy, I am going to need Pioneer to support FLAC before I can jump in. Also, I will hold out for the inevitable RZ version with:

full size jogs w' torque adjust, needle search, updated tracking/position displays, and EFX send/return.

You know it's coming!

But this is definitely a GREAT first attempt. Bravo Pioneer.....now they're really living up to their namesake!!
A_Jack 2:17 PM - 20 January, 2015
Cool product and clever marketing. I think this is good for a) Mobile DJs that are used to DJing with Rekordbox and maybe want to play clubs also every now and then and b) Those DJs who use Rekordbox in a club and want something to practice with at home.

I don't think this stuff will make DJ software obsolete.. Software DJing can simply evolve more rapidly and provide new features with less cost than these tailor-made all-in-one systems with internal computers. But it's good to see companies differentiate their products. Now we have 3 different "eco-systems" to choose from: NI for live production stuff and midi-mapping nerding, Pioneer as a club standard for rising Hardwells and Tiestos with no need for a laptop and Serato keeping the turntable and video DJing alive.
lvmez 2:26 PM - 20 January, 2015
I feel it's good as a back up plan for mobile DJ's who use serato. I actually like the fact that it is the same size a DDJSX. I feel the SZ is too large and the price will jump another $500. The price of the controllers are out of control. For a few more dollars you can get an industry standard set up.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:41 PM - 20 January, 2015
It can be used with software in the future, read the DJ TechTools page........
Will08272 3:04 PM - 20 January, 2015
This is the perfect pathway to a mixer with a usb port and possibly rekordbox with dvs support to use with the PLX-1000. Same library regardless of CDJ's or turntables. Heck dont see a reason why the software on this unit cant be updated for dvs functionality, it already has to line/phono inputs.
Will08272 3:05 PM - 20 January, 2015
Forgot to mention the mixer having this very screen or bigger to accommodate 4 channels. Or just take the mixer portion of this unit and sell it stand alone.
MPC O.G. 3:38 PM - 20 January, 2015
Already works with TSP? Lets see what Rane has up their sleeves. A MK2 version of the 57 would beat ANY other product. Maybe the people at Serato should realize they're getting squeezed.
blackavenger 4:24 PM - 20 January, 2015
Even a 57SDJ couldn't compete with a 909srt.
djsmuve415 7:14 PM - 20 January, 2015
I'm in the small camp of "not so sure".... in not one video did I see them bring up the touch qwerty system like in the XDJ - so how is this better than a laptop for mobile guys (or anybody for that matter) if you got an out of nowhere request?
and all those people thinking this will be installed by club, bar & venue owners need to get off that bullshit - please. any smart owner/sound guy knows the first moron to spill an ounce of booze on that behemoth & the whole thing goes to shit.
Mr. Goodkat 9:20 PM - 20 January, 2015
this isnt the end all be all of what Pioneer is going to do, but its definitely an indication of where they are going. clearly they are pushing record box as a competitor to traktor and serato. they have the largest market share in the dj hardware game and most likely the most money.

hate to be chicken little for serato but.....
Davideon 9:34 PM - 20 January, 2015
Quote:
this isnt the end all be all of what Pioneer is going to do, but its definitely an indication of where they are going. clearly they are pushing record box as a competitor to traktor and serato. they have the largest market share in the dj hardware game and most likely the most money.

hate to be chicken little for serato but.....

But is rekord box comparable to the fully fledged sdj?
FabulousFrequencies 9:44 PM - 20 January, 2015
So much hyperbole when Pioneer is mentioned. Some times I have to read it twice to believe it. They're pushing zero technological or work flow envelopes here.
Mr. Goodkat 9:45 PM - 20 January, 2015
how long did it take them to get record box up an running? i was really surprised when i loaded it up and messed with the offline player.

like i said earlier, they already have some sort of flip function(vid above in my post). who knows pioneer might have had guys picking apart both serato and traktor software for the last 5 years.

clearly they are getting further into the software market. once they add dvs, you could use pioneer for dj'ing part start to finish(not that you cant now, but not with dvs).

its not going to happen overnight, but in 5 years whats gonna happen? what has pioneer done in the last 5 years?
Mr. Goodkat 9:46 PM - 20 January, 2015
Quote:
So much hyperbole when Pioneer is mentioned. Some times I have to read it twice to believe it. They're pushing zero technological or work flow envelopes here.

who exactly is in the dj market?
FabulousFrequencies 10:18 PM - 20 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

who exactly is in the dj market?

Plenty of people do/have. Nobody seems to pay them any mind if they don't bare a particular badging, though. Numark put a remote in your hand and everybody laughed. Now they're 39.99 on eBay - New. People can't give them away. Serato releases their idea of a remote; everybody lines up with their wallets out. It's fairly obvious people ain't about ideas, they're about branding and respect. Mixers have become the new shoe game, and Pioneer is the new Jordan.

You eluded to 'What has Pioneer done in the last 5 years?' and i'll give you my humble opinion.

In short, they failed to deliver on *their own ideas* of what a controller should be (see: wego, s1, t1, etc), and copped what was working for everyone else. People lined up for it like it was the next best thing. Could there really be any reason left than the name? None of it was a 'new' idea so you tell me the difference. They are just about out of things to cop and have saturated the market nicely in doing so. Other brands are being pushed out to the fringe, Seratos priorities have shifted, quality and selection have suffered and will continue to do so. Yet people still salivate. Money, marketing, more money, and don't forget the endorsement purchasing discounts! Did We mention it's 'Pioneer' ? Throw some more money on that, too. They're effectively the Samsung of DJ Controllers now.

That's what they've done in the last 5 years.
Mr. Goodkat 10:25 PM - 20 January, 2015
Quote:
Mixers have become the new shoe game, and Pioneer is the new Jordan.

totally agree with you. but thats why it seems like it could spell trouble for other dj software makers. they have become the defacto hardware choice, and i would assume by the metrics companies use to rank those sorts of things they have to know it. maybe now they are going after the software market with this controller combo. doesnt look like sdj or ts will work with it. its 100% pioneer.
FabulousFrequencies 10:37 PM - 20 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Mixers have become the new shoe game, and Pioneer is the new Jordan.

totally agree with you. but thats why it seems like it could spell trouble for other dj software makers. they have become the defacto hardware choice, and i would assume by the metrics companies use to rank those sorts of things they have to know it. maybe now they are going after the software market with this controller combo. doesnt look like sdj or ts will work with it. its 100% pioneer.

Keep your friends close.... *leers @ Serato*

When a Company does this, they don't care who they're partnered with. If they can tank Serato, they will do it without hesitation. Conversely, buy them up, seize what they're interested in, liquidate the rest. The moment it's no longer better for their bottom line to have them around, they won't be around. A consumer electronics giant is at the wheel of this steamroller and when it comes to money they don't have any friends.
Mr. Goodkat 10:44 PM - 20 January, 2015
Quote:
A consumer electronics giant is at the wheel of this steamroller and when it comes to money they don't have any friends.

exactly what i thought when i started putting the pieces together.

big fish eat small fish
djsmuve415 10:50 PM - 20 January, 2015
Quote:
So much hyperbole when Pioneer is mentioned.

^This.

there are waaaaaay too many gear whores on this forum! waste money on every new bullshit that comes out - and big money too. $1499??? GTFOH. I need $1500 Pioneer all in one controller to mix Madonna into Bruno Mars?! please.
Mr. Goodkat 10:52 PM - 20 January, 2015
i think diplo and grandtheft would be more apropo than madonna and bruno mars, thats for old guys at weddings
FabulousFrequencies 11:07 PM - 20 January, 2015
Guys, Pioneer even sold themselves out. That's how real this shit is. They did all that nonsense to fatten up the turkey and then hurled '85%' of it at a 'holdings company' for 551 million dollars. The same people that sling chickens to KFC. I'm not making that up. They weren't gonna get that kinda interest riding a WeGo to the negotiating table. And then, this is the best part, then, they refused to let it *completely* go. They sold them *almost* all of it. That's a special kind of greed right there.

I don't care if their next mixer comes with a built in laser light system and a twerking unicorn; They ain't getting a dollar outta me. You couldn't represent a more disconnected franchise.
MPC O.G. 11:11 PM - 20 January, 2015
Maybe Serato should buy Vestax. N.I. seems to be smarter than we though by manufacturing it's own hardware instead of being held hostage by Pio. Maybe Serato needs to RETURN to Rane ONLY gear. It seems like it's time to pick a side Serato. Let Pio slowly run you out of business OR see what the enginers at Rane can really do.
Code:E 11:24 PM - 20 January, 2015
Quote:
i think diplo and grandtheft would be more apropo than madonna and bruno mars, thats for old guys at weddings

+1
Code:E 11:26 PM - 20 January, 2015
Quote:

I don't care if their next mixer comes with a built in laser light system and a twerking unicorn; They ain't getting a dollar outta me. You couldn't represent a more disconnected franchise.

who the fuck cares about branding and staying loyal. I don't I just want to use the best gear out there and right now that pioneer.
djsmuve415 11:30 PM - 20 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

+1

how do you figure? I see A LOT of mobile dudes buying this shit - they're all over youtube. and no - they are not playing Diplo and GTA all night at weddings & corp events.
now with that being said - do you still need a $1500 to mix a Diplo and GTA track together? I dont think so
FabulousFrequencies 11:47 PM - 20 January, 2015
Quote:
I don't I just want to use the best gear out there and right now that pioneer.

That is, of course, completely subjective. If it's the best 'to you', then it's the best 'to you'. A lot of cats out there are buying it up because it's the best; To someone else. Those are the ones who care and who my line of open thought is directed at. You don't strike me as someone who fits that mold, but if you tell me you are i'll believe you.
FabulousFrequencies 11:49 PM - 20 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

how do you figure? I see A LOT of mobile dudes buying this shit - they're all over youtube. and no - they are not playing Diplo and GTA all night at weddings & corp events.
now with that being said - do you still need a $1500 to mix a Diplo and GTA track together? I dont think so

Ikr? If people wanted a stand alone digital mixer for purpose uses, i'm pretty sure 5-6 models pre-date this thing that offer just that. Of course, they cost significantly less and don't say 'Pioneer' on the side. That might be an issue.
blackavenger 1:02 AM - 21 January, 2015
I guess Y'all haven't figured out who this is being marketed to. It's of my opinion, and others, that this is for the peeps that play at parties (raves) and clubs where a DJM/CDJ setup is the permenant install. You buy this as a means to get comfortable with the Rekordbox/CDJ/DJM ecosphere, but at a fraction of the cost. All my friends who are interested in this, are interested in it for that exact reason. No one wants to spend $5,000+ for a bedroom system just so they can mix comfortably in the clubs/raves. But, $1,500, or even upwards of $2,500....sure, definitely!
Mr. Goodkat 1:27 AM - 21 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

ah, i thought you were saying it was for kids. but i guess the old cats do use controllers too. im old so i assume they play with mixers and cd players or tts. but im sure they have switched over for the most part for size.
FabulousFrequencies 1:27 AM - 21 January, 2015
Quote:
I guess Y'all haven't figured out who this is being marketed to. It's of my opinion, and others, that this is for the peeps that play at parties (raves) and clubs where a DJM/CDJ setup is the permenant install. You buy this as a means to get comfortable with the Rekordbox/CDJ/DJM ecosphere, but at a fraction of the cost. All my friends who are interested in this, are interested in it for that exact reason. No one wants to spend $5,000+ for a bedroom system just so they can mix comfortably in the clubs/raves. But, $1,500, or even upwards of $2,500....sure, definitely!

Your opinions of a valid application are with merit. But Pioneer states their opinion on the top left: pioneerdj.com

I think they're trying to give the bedroom DJ the 'Full Club Experience'. It does seem more valid to market it as a practice tool than a transitional tool, though. But as a stand alone 'gig machine' I don't get it. Those already exist. A 'practice mixer' seems like a market with a much lower ceiling for the R&D money they probably threw at that. *shrug*
Mr. Goodkat 1:32 AM - 21 January, 2015
Quote:
No one wants to spend $5,000+ for a bedroom system just so they can mix comfortably in the clubs/raves. But, $1,500, or even upwards of $2,500....sure, definitely!

i dont know how guys can have 5k of gear(plus whatever speaker set up) just sitting around unless they rent it out. it drives me crazy to have a 2k mixer sitting around, but ive been using it for a weekly so it feels a bit more useful than just house djing. i wanted to rent it, but i couldnt bring myself to do it.
Asu 7:48 PM - 21 January, 2015
Quote:
I feel it's good as a back up plan for mobile DJ's who use serato. I actually like the fact that it is the same size a DDJSX. I feel the SZ is too large and the price will jump another $500. The price of the controllers are out of control. For a few more dollars you can get an industry standard set up.

I'm with you...this kit is a perfect size...may even fit in the same case with a few mods in the middle(cut out some of the foam)...it's very practicle and at $1499 I'm def getting rid of the SX1...this is more useful and with HID support,it'll be a nice kit for Mobile gigs...no laptop needed for non Video gigs :-)

10,000 files per usb key X 2 is plenty
DJ-Sven 10:29 AM - 22 January, 2015
What is so amazing new with the Pioneer XDJ rx?

Have a look at the 8 years old Denon DN 2500 HD or the Stanton SCS4 DJ ... Yes, Pioneer put it in a known Format like the DDJ-SX, that's not a real step into the future ... only the Price is a new step :-)

A real step into the future would be a Mix between the DDJ-SX, the XDJ-1000 and the Numark NV.
Asu 1:15 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
A real step into the future would be a Mix between the DDJ-SX, the XDJ-1000 and the Numark NV.

lol that's exactly what it is...a blend of all three...i'm sure they'll come out with a SZ type version which will have even more features and bigger platters but that may kill the other CDJ lines.

Excellent first step...all in one solution
lvmez 9:55 PM - 22 January, 2015
Watchwww.youtube.com

At 11:41 pioneer rep states that the XDJ-RX will work with Traktor soon.
Asu 10:35 PM - 22 January, 2015
All this New gear at NAMM has got me all excited...now the DJM 900Nexus/850 will support serato DJ with no Rane gear needed,TTM-57MKII etc etc...wow
lvmez 12:36 AM - 23 January, 2015
Asu 4:36 AM - 23 January, 2015

+1 it's def not a toy as you see there...great kit for mobile/backup sysytem
Mike Sinclair 5:34 AM - 23 January, 2015
Regarding the 10,000 file limit... is this per USB stick, or the maximum number of files the unit can handle? In other words, could I put 10,000 files on one USB stick and 10,000 on a second USB stick and plug them both into the unit (since it has 2 slots) and then have access to 20,000 songs?
Averix 1:20 PM - 23 January, 2015
deejdave 4:45 PM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Regarding the 10,000 file limit... is this per USB stick, or the maximum number of files the unit can handle? In other words, could I put 10,000 files on one USB stick and 10,000 on a second USB stick and plug them both into the unit (since it has 2 slots) and then have access to 20,000 songs?

You can use your laptop with this unit JUST as you would Serato or Traktor. You also can (and I DO) have the same size Rekordbox library as your Serato library. You have the option to DJ off a USB stick but just as it has been with Rekordbox devices (with CDJ-2000Nexus's, XDJ-Aero, XDJ-R1 or whatever RB hardware you use) and this unit brings almost nothing new to the table to be honest. It is a GREAT looking unit and is probably a nice solution but in terms of function and features it does not offer all that much more than the XDJ-R1 or XDJ-Aero. As a matter of fact the XDJ-R1 offers MORE function being it has built in CD players. In terms of being a standalone DJ system this is again nothing new. The R1 & Aero BOTH support the same Standalone USB function BUT only the XDJ units with the ethernet connection will connect to the laptops.............. if I remember correctly.
deejdave 4:46 PM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Regarding the 10,000 file limit... is this per USB stick,

In short sorry I do not know the USb stick limit BUT if you want to avoid this limit it is certainly possible.

If I remember correctly my HDD connected to the CDJ-2000Nexus fine with well over 10K files so it should not be a problem.
Asu 2:02 AM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
this unit brings almost nothing new to the table to be honest

i think the point was something similar to what you find in a club but at an affordable rate...prepare at home/practise ...then just head to the club and play the same.

That and the price point are gonna make it a big hit...instead of spending $6000 which 90% of the DJ world can't afford...for the price of one CDJ2000...you get all those features.

i personally love the idea...CDs are a dead medium...i'm sure a WIFI edition+BT will come Next

Pioneer is thinking big business too...Global sales...look at what the SX1 did when it came out.
deejdave 2:36 AM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
.i'm sure a WIFI edition

Wi-Fi edition Rekordbox stand alone player was out before this was actually.

pioneerdj.com
Quote:
.look at what the SX1 did when it came out.

I agree with this but this was because it revolutionized (somewhat) the desired format.
This player IMO is just another standalone XDJ player that offers a screen. Nothing new but affordable yes and accessible yes. It is also a nice layout and nice looking unit.
Asu 4:04 AM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
affordable yes and accessible yes. It is also a nice layout and nice looking unit.

you named all 4 reasons why it'll be a hit and useful lol
deejdave 4:13 AM - 24 January, 2015
Time will tell. Are you planning on getting one?
pdidy 4:42 AM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:

i forgot that record box can be used on a laptop like Serato so I can no longer use that as an excuse not to get one anymore.

But being that I'm a recovering gearwhore who only buys what I NEED, not want......I will therefore use this as my default reason not to buy.....lol
blackavenger 5:46 AM - 24 January, 2015
The ONLY things keeping me with Serato/Traktor are FLAC support and the Sample Players (SP-6/Remix Decks). If only Pioneer would adopt FLAC support, I could deal w' the limited Sample Player functionality that the RMX-1000 provides.

Pioneer are fools for not supporting a "FREE" compression algorithm.

FLAC = Free Lossless Audio Codec!!

By the way, I said it a few times in these threads, and I'm going to say it again....

I am SOOOO disappointed that Serato had no new software functions to announce for NAMM! I fully expected the announcement of "Bridge-esque" features like Mixtape & and Updated SP-6. But nope, all we got was more "hardware" & "licensing" announcements.

If peeps don't see Serato for what they truly are (money hungry) by now, then they'll NEVER be able to see past their fanboy blinders.

That said, I am fully prepared to buy an SZ now. So don't think me some hater that is preaching Serato's end. Naw, that's not at all what I am saying. Just that I am disappointed, and that I can read the writing that is on the wall ;-)

Next year I WILL buy the XDJ-RZ, and that will be the end of my decade long venture w' Serato/Traktor.........unless Serato really surprise me.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 5:52 AM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
I am SOOOO disappointed that Serato had no new software functions to announce for NAMM! I fully expected the announcement of "Bridge-esque" features like Mixtape & and Updated SP-6. But nope, all we got was more "hardware" & "licensing" announcements.

We've got loads planned software wise this year :) Just nothing to announce right now as there are always a huge number of hardware announcements at NAMM and we have decided to keep the focus there.

We also tend to not announce software updates or features ahead of release, as things can change quickly and we don't want to promise what could possibly not happen.

Bridge-esque features are coming though + lots more!

What else would you like to see?

sam.
blackavenger 6:02 AM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
We also tend to not announce software updates or features ahead of release, as things can change quickly and we don't want to promise what could possibly not happen.

What about Bridge's announcement? Y'all announced it at NAMM, and it didn't arrive for well over a year later. I'm not knocking how long it took Y'all to make it happen. I'm only mentioning it because it flies in the face of what you just wrote.

I thought Y'all would mention the Bridge-esque features and a complete overhaul of the SP-6 (8) as something to get us excited for the future of SDJ.

Hardware is fun...don't get me wrong, but SeratoDJ is software after all. I want something to look forward to. More than just some Devs & Mods saying "it's coming" to every brilliant idea that gets proposed by the community's members.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 6:07 AM - 24 January, 2015
As I mentioned, we've kept these NAMM announcements focussed around hardware as there are already a large number of announcements.

Quote:
What about Bridge's announcement? Y'all announced it at NAMM, and it didn't arrive for well over a year later. I'm not knocking how long it took Y'all to make it happen. I'm only mentioning it because it flies in the face of what you just wrote.

This is exactly why we tend to not announce software features. Things change / get delayed because of unavoidable roadblocks. We'd love to always know 100% how long something will take so we can announce and deliver but it's just not the case with software.

Quote:
I thought Y'all would mention the Bridge-esque features and a complete overhaul of the SP-6 (8) as something to get us excited for the future of SDJ.

We are working on Bridge like features for Serato DJ this year + more. There ya go!

:)
deejdave 6:08 AM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

i forgot that record box can be used on a laptop like Serato so I can no longer use that as an excuse not to get one anymore.

But being that I'm a recovering gearwhore who only buys what I NEED, not want......I will therefore use this as my default reason not to buy.....lol

I will not be buying the RX either but then again I may be holding off on the new Rane mixers as well. TBH Thursdays announcements have even me scared to make any new purchases for Serato gear as well.
Quote:
If peeps don't see Serato for what they truly are (money hungry) by now, then they'll NEVER be able to see past their fanboy blinders.

I gotta say my opinions have certainly shifted considerably. I am the type who buys all and I am used to disappointments and I do NOT have high expectations IMO but things just got a little to heavy and specific for me to ignore.
Quote:

In defense of Serato (what little defense I have left) I believe it was instances such as this AND the Itch thing that happened years ago that lead to their current policy.
blackavenger 6:08 AM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
We are working on Bridge like features for Serato DJ this year + more. There ya go!

This made me smile.
blackavenger 6:46 AM - 24 January, 2015
Well, I have been asking for an updated/overhauled SP-6 for YEARS now.

Looking forward to it's delivery.

This year will be 10 years using Serato products. I am a loyal fan, not of just the software, but of the communication Y'all have w' your user base. I am certainly in your corner, but at the same time, I am getting a little weary of a few things as well.

FLAC artwork!
SP-6 (8)

Give me answers to those two, and I'll be VERY happy.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 7:04 AM - 24 January, 2015
What else are you getting weary of blackavenger?

FLAC artwork! - this is something we are working on. No timeframe though sorry but it's being looked at for a future update.

SP-6 (8) - there's no news about an update to the SP-6 just now. We've been looking at what we can do to update this alongside all of our other features (PnT DJ, Flip, FX, Video) etc. What else other than extra slots would you want?

Sam.
lvmez 4:44 PM - 24 January, 2015
Rather than get the RX I am thinking about getting a pair of XDJ-1000's to use with my sixty-four.

It seems that Rane and Pioneer are taking a step back from serato with new products.
blackavenger 5:00 PM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
FLAC artwork! - this is something we are working on. No timeframe though sorry but it's being looked at for a future update.

Well, seeing as how you've had since the very first day that FLAC was introduced into ScratchLIVE to figure it out, let's just say that I am not that optimistic.
FLAC artwork has NEVER worked.......ever!

Quote:
SP-6 (8) - there's no news about an update to the SP-6 just now

The only reason I thought something might be coming is because I have been receiving little hints from Serato staff both on here, and Facebook for nearly a year now.

Quote:
What else other than extra slots would you want?

I want a full featured SP-8, akin to both Ableton Live and Traktor's remix Decks.
I am willing to pay for this plugin....upwards of $200 if it is "full" featured.

Sample "recording"
Software takeover between scenes
Clip sequencing
Scratch samples
Two banks operable at the same time (ie; left/right side of controller

There are loads of other ideas, but those are what came to me off the top of my head. Just search through the site....peeps have come up w' great ideas to make the SP-6 better.
Mr. Goodkat 1:17 AM - 26 January, 2015
Quote:
Pioneer are fools for not supporting a "FREE" compression algorithm.

FLAC = Free Lossless Audio Codec!!

seriously dude, let it go.
blackavenger 3:25 AM - 26 January, 2015
Why should I?

I'll tell you what, I'll let it go when everyone who ever had a request for any improvement to their software let's that go as well.

I mean, what kind of BS is that anyway...."let it go"?

What's the purpose of threads like this ( serato.com ), if we are all supposed to just let it go?
Mr. Goodkat 10:55 AM - 26 January, 2015
you ask on a daily basis. i think they got the memo. 400 posts ago.
blackavenger 1:12 PM - 26 January, 2015
You think?

YEARS of posts later, and some in Serato were still not aware of a particular issue.

serato.com

Sometimes we must reiterate our positions over, and over, and over until we get the desired response. How about you worry about what troubles you, and piss off with telling me what I need to do?
Cool?
Code:E 6:42 PM - 26 January, 2015
Blackavenger you not that naive to think that you alone will get any one change made to Pioneer or Serato? It's all about requests from many users not lots of requests from one user. If 1000 different users posted once weekly about an issue it would get pushed to the top much faster I'm sure. 1000 posts from a single dude, nothing is going to happen. I know from experiace Serato will even admit it's wrong and doesnt work correctly, but still wont fix it unless tons of users find it an issue, rather than a idiocentric.
Mr. Goodkat 12:51 AM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
How about you worry about what troubles you, and piss off with telling me what I need to do?

well it pops up quite a bit in every thread for no reason. im not overly worried about it in the grand scheme of life, just me reading the forum.

flac support and sp8 like traktor remix decks we got it. you will pay for it, i believe 200$.

it has been officially noted on this here serato forum, hear ye hear ye
blackavenger 5:12 AM - 27 January, 2015
Tell me, Mr. Goodkat, how does anything that I write on here affect you one way or the other? Why even bother trolling me? Is your life so pathetic that you have to be the Serato Forum bully in order to feel validated in life?

I will continue to voice my opinion, Ad nauseam, if I so wish. You can either choose to ignore me, or like I said previously, piss off.
Mr. Goodkat 9:26 AM - 27 January, 2015
ok flac support it is.
blackavenger 1:55 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
ok flac support it is.

Thank you.
Asu 1:58 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
ok flac support it is.

Thank you.

Doesn't Serato DJ support ALAC? if i remember correctly,it does...why not use that...same thing.
blackavenger 2:14 PM - 27 January, 2015
I got rid of all my ALAC files when FLAC support came.
What Mr. Goodkat is referring to is my wish that FLAC artwork is repaired.
Also, my wish that Rekordbox would support FLAC.

When 90% of your entire library is FLAC, you too would be as passionate as me regarding the subject. But there is no need for this thread to be sidetracked anymore than it already has.
Asu 2:30 PM - 27 January, 2015
I hear ya...i use Fluke to add flac support to quicktime/itunes but also found converting the FLAC to ALAC in order to play on my iphone results in the exactly same size file and quality.

try it www.macupdate.com ...may get you everything you're looking :-) now back to the Topic at hand...love this Kit
Mr. Goodkat 7:43 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
But there is no need for this thread to be sidetracked anymore than it already has.

and it was you that brought flac up and side tracked? no? so im the bad guy?
blackavenger 10:23 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
But there is no need for this thread to be sidetracked anymore than it already has.

and it was you that brought flac up and side tracked? no? so im the bad guy?

No, I brought up the fact that Rekordbox doesn't support FLAC. Which, being that this is a thread devoted to a Rekordbox player, makes my statement relevant to the conversation. The sidetracking came when you decided to troll me about it.