Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

AMX & AFX Case/Caddy/Stand

DJ Sparkes 3:03 PM - 19 January, 2015
I was thinking about getting a stand or mount machines out of alloy for my AMX & AFX.

Would anybody be interested in it.

I'll get a few made if a few of us want one.

I've got a few design ideas. Might be a worth a kickstart project. Lol

Just trying to gage its credibility.
Logisticalstyles 4:34 PM - 19 January, 2015
How much would they cost?
DJ Sparkes 4:55 PM - 19 January, 2015
Haven't got that far yet. I have a contact and have had things made bespoke before.

I'm just trying to find out what sort of stand people want. I'm a designer so I guess I'm doing market research.

For my situation I'm having a flat plate that will go between my two technics flight-cases with recesses for my AMX and AFX. They will be dropped in and flush with the plate. So basicly they become a larger mixer.
Logisticalstyles 4:59 PM - 19 January, 2015
I like that idea. I was considering doing some wood work to make something similar. I'm sure the alloy would be much lighter than wood.
DJ Sparkes 5:08 PM - 19 January, 2015
I've made a wood one already as a prototype. That is what has got me thinking…..
Ragman 10:48 PM - 19 January, 2015
Quote:
I've made a wood one already as a prototype. That is what has got me thinking…..

Post a link to the pic plz. Thanks...
Logisticalstyles 4:00 PM - 20 January, 2015
It turns out that my Road Ready case that I was using for my Vestax 05 perfectly holds both the AMX and the AFX. I used the foam padding they included to raise up the units to be flush with the top of the case.
DJ Sparkes 5:08 PM - 20 January, 2015
Quote:
It turns out that my Road Ready case that I was using for my Vestax 05 perfectly holds both the AMX and the AFX. I used the foam padding they included to raise up the units to be flush with the top of the case.

Sweet....

I got my technics in roadready's. My AMX case is going to bridge them with little lips that sit in the trim round the edge of the roadready cases. Holding them all tight together.
gav Clifton 11:50 PM - 20 January, 2015
I thought of using an old (dead) 2 ch mixer chassis cut out the middle and custom fit the amx into it ! i suppose it could be done with an old 4 ch and fit both in there !
Logisticalstyles 2:41 PM - 21 January, 2015
The two channel chassis might be the best bet. The two units, side by side are the same width as my Vestax 05.
DJ Ed Wong 3:56 PM - 23 January, 2015
can the bridge act like a case - like the NI ones do

www.native-instruments.com
musiclee 9:04 PM - 20 February, 2015
lookie here: akaipro.com
MBLL 4:44 PM - 22 February, 2015
Does anyone know when the official akai amx afx cases release date? I know that Magma allready has one out, but it does'nt have the holes for the rubberfeet.
Logisticalstyles 1:26 PM - 23 February, 2015
Someone needs to design a type of battle bridge for the AMX. These cases are only useful if you take the turntables out of the cases. I prefer to keep my turntables ins the road cases. Currently I'm using both my AMX and AFX in a 10" mixer Road Ready case and it fits perfectly but sometimes I only want to use the AMX.
gav Clifton 4:49 PM - 23 February, 2015
more pics of the cases in this review. djworx.com
Mr Wilks 5:24 PM - 23 February, 2015
I have been checking all the online retailers for the last month or so and still nothing on the official cases. They are coming... it's just WHEN?
p45 5:15 AM - 28 March, 2015
Quote:
I have been checking all the online retailers for the last month or so and still nothing on the official cases. They are coming... it's just WHEN?

anyone know if these cases available yet ?
Mr Wilks 11:48 AM - 28 March, 2015
Still nothing as of yet (from what I've read).

It's kinda silly now.
Francoisdw 8:58 AM - 4 December, 2015
I am just going to bend a simple metal stand in aluminium or stainless steel. Maybe drill holes for the feet to locate into. Waiting for AMX & AFX to be delivered.

What is the height of Technics 1200? Only have Synq turntables at home that I practice on, so the height might be different.
Tommy Deem 9:09 PM - 4 December, 2015
google??
Francoisdw 9:25 PM - 4 December, 2015
Quote:
google??

The height is given as with cover on. Guess you don't own a ruler.
Mr Wilks 7:35 PM - 5 December, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
google??

The height is given as with cover on. Guess you don't own a ruler.

I checked mine for you.

I got 9.5cm up to the deck height of the platter plus 6cm for the tonearm.

A few things are adjustable to that was my setting.
Francoisdw 6:23 AM - 11 December, 2015
Quote:

I checked mine for you.

I got 9.5cm up to the deck height of the platter plus 6cm for the tonearm.

A few things are adjustable to that was my setting.

I measured mine at about 8.5cm, so will average it at 90mm. Will make a prototype over the weekend.
Francoisdw 4:58 PM - 9 August, 2016
What can I say, I am a slow mover some times. Made two stands today for the AMX and AFX to raise them to turntable height.

Careful placement of the holes means that the rubber feet locate into them. Combined with the Decksaver cover and some strategic foam placement this shoulod make for very secure transport when sliding everything inside the stand.

Going to laser engrave them tomorrow with Serato / Akai logo and my own.

www.dropbox.com
Logisticalstyles 5:22 PM - 10 August, 2016
Nice!
Francoisdw 6:15 PM - 10 August, 2016
Took some more pictures.

AMX or AFX fits inside stand. Same holes for feet keep unit in place. Just have to add some foam in the correct places, they will slide in securely. Faders and connectors secured.

www.dropbox.com

Will order some Decksavers as well, this might offer a total solution, but costly.

www.dropbox.com

Mixer now 3mm higher than rim of super OEM TT.

If anybody wants a set, I'll swop for a pair of Decksavers. lol
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 11:34 PM - 10 August, 2016
What would be cool is the case like above that would also double as a battle bridge to sit (or hang between) the 2 turntable cases.

Something like this: www.djkit.com

www.bhphotovideo.com
Francoisdw 4:25 PM - 12 August, 2016
Hi DJ Art,

This is entirely possible and very easy to make. Would the requirement be for AMX only or AMX / AFX combo ?

Holes required for feet to locate into?

What is the maximum lenght for the final bend / wing ?

Would bend it from 2mm 304 SS or 3mm Aluminium.
Logisticalstyles 1:28 AM - 21 November, 2016
I'd like to see one done just for the AMX.
Quote:

Yes.
Quote:

1"
Quote:

Whichever is cheaper.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 1:39 AM - 21 November, 2016
Quote:
I'd like to see one done just for the AMX.
Quote:

Yes.
Quote:

1"
Quote:

Whichever is cheaper.

Sorry, I lost track of this thread - yes - what he said above....

Damn, I FINALLY ordered a AFX to compliment the AMX and keep up with all these new Controller button pushers in my area now, should arrive tomorrow.

I using One turntable and instant doubles mostly now but could also still use a battle bridge type thing too if the price was right.
lawrence567 3:51 PM - 24 March, 2017
Hey,

Did you guys ever get one of these made? I want one to fit an AFX & an AMX!

Thanks,
Logisticalstyles 5:58 PM - 24 March, 2017
I ended up just buying the official AMX carrying case.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 7:17 PM - 24 March, 2017
I am using a Traktor case - smh....
Francoisdw 4:20 PM - 27 March, 2017
Here is what I made from 1.2mm stainless steel and laser engraved some logo's on the front. Still need to cut some foam to stick on the inside to slide in AMX / AFX to protect during transport.

www.dropbox.com

www.dropbox.com

www.dropbox.com