Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

NAMM 2015 Announcements

3:12 AM, 19 Jan 2015
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
G-rod 6:48 PM - 22 January, 2015
Will the A&H K2 also work with the same mapping for the K1?
Imixnation Mixshows 6:54 PM - 22 January, 2015
Nice!!! I'm going to post this on our Facebook and Twitter page. On The Grind DJs
DJ L'G'N'D 7:00 PM - 22 January, 2015
still no support for AMD processors, when are they going to get out of Intels back pocket!!, some of us don't have the money to go spend hundreds of dollars on Mac or over priced Intel processor laptops
247discos 7:01 PM - 22 January, 2015
please please support the denon sc2900 and sc3900 cdj... hid mode is fine... fully assingnable to any of the 4 decks in sdj... cheers
RALSTON CHIN 7:09 PM - 22 January, 2015
Still no fix for crash of Serato when opening with DDJ- SX2
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 7:09 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
Will the A&H K2 also work with the same mapping for the K1?

Only the Xone:K1 is natively supported and mapped for now.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 7:13 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
still no support for AMD processors, when are they going to get out of Intels back pocket!!, some of us don't have the money to go spend hundreds of dollars on Mac or over priced Intel processor laptops

This isn't something we choose not to support because Intel pays us. These processors are not supported because they are low quality processors and not up to spec for digital DJing. There are also known issues with many other professional audio software applications.

I'm sorry but with any pro software, you need to make sure your computer meets the system requirements.

Sam.
TealONE 7:22 PM - 22 January, 2015
What's the Difference between Denon DJ DS1 and SL2?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 7:28 PM - 22 January, 2015
The difference is size :) The DS1 is about the size of your average smartphone.

Same number of inputs and outputs though.

The Denon also supports 96kHz sample rate.

The Rane SL 2 has a much lower signal:noise ratio though due to Rane's unique galvanic isolation technology.
Crate 7:30 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

This isn't something we choose not to support because Intel pays us. These processors are not supported because they are low quality processors and not up to spec for digital DJing. There are also known issues with many other professional audio software applications.

I'm sorry but with any pro software, you need to make sure your computer meets the system requirements.

Sam.

... and yet... The likes of NI supports both Intel and AMD. Interesting.

The truth of the matter is that is easier for said developers to optimize the existing and future code base to a particular series of processors.

What I find interesting ... with said Pro software, and all things beyond spec, and clean systems, we're still having USB 3.0 issues, things crapping out at random, memory and processor creep...

Just saying - that was a crappy answer.
Deejay ALX 7:30 PM - 22 January, 2015
Any News on using the NS7 II as a DVS?
E11World 7:45 PM - 22 January, 2015
Years after I was avoiding using a laptop and sticking to just USBs now all of a sudden, all DJ gear makers are making hardware that has screens instead of a laptop. What the hell is this man?

Also, I want to see better use of the FULL 8 PADS on serato DJ. SP6 just sucks. I bought a DDJSX specifically so I can use all 16 pads as loops/sample triggers and it only gave me 6 mirrored pads. Improve that please. New hardware can wait.
DJ Danny Rey 7:58 PM - 22 January, 2015
Beautiful
ceedogg13 7:58 PM - 22 January, 2015
ok nice !!! but were is the ns6 2 or 3 ??
BADIW 8:06 PM - 22 January, 2015
64 bits. The bridge 2. Midi Sync out. OVERDUE. Pleaaaase....
ceedogg13 8:10 PM - 22 January, 2015
not dissing numark or being negative , i love my ns6 but would love to get the newest creation of the ns6
DJOlynD 8:10 PM - 22 January, 2015
Any new features for the software itself?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:21 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
Any new features for the software itself?

These are just hardware announcements. There will be software updates and features but nothing announced at NAMM unfortunately.

sam.
DJ EXODUZ 8:27 PM - 22 January, 2015
NS 6 all the way, wish ns6 II will be made. Mix track feels a lil less than the ns6 imo, no offense to pro users but ns6 was the first controller that made me what I am today. Now with the nv but I still think the ns6 was well built, just lack some pads n knobs
collee 8:51 PM - 22 January, 2015
Isn't SSL supposed to be phased out this year? If so where's the bridge?
Drewbdo 8:55 PM - 22 January, 2015
SDJ isn't perfect, but I like it. I bought VDJ Pro, and like it as well, but since I discovered Serato Scratch Live, I don't use VDJ any more. I still use SSL with the 1200's (cuz I'm too cheap to buy a new mixer), and SDJ with the DDJ-SX.

Thanks for the new goodies. Keep plugging away and keep innovating.

Some people would complain even after you hung them with a new rope. :) lol
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:56 PM - 22 January, 2015
There will be Bridge like features developed for Serato DJ this year. Not The Bridge as it was in Scratch Live but features that will allow you to do what we found was the most important parts of it from our user research and artist feedback.

Scratch Live is discontinued and won't be further developed.
DJRUFIO 8:57 PM - 22 January, 2015
Yayyyyy so glad I bought the DJM 900 SRT -_-
Asu 9:06 PM - 22 January, 2015
Wow just sold my TTM-57SL last week...it's as if God sent me a hint...can't wait to get the MKII...was using SX for now...bet the price is gonna be in RANE 61 range...def getting it
Asu 9:09 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
Years after I was avoiding using a laptop and sticking to just USBs now all of a sudden, all DJ gear makers are making hardware that has screens instead of a laptop. What the hell is this man?

Also, I want to see better use of the FULL 8 PADS on serato DJ. SP6 just sucks. I bought a DDJSX specifically so I can use all 16 pads as loops/sample triggers and it only gave me 6 mirrored pads. Improve that please. New hardware can wait.

Too late bro...new year,new hardware lol...more gear means lower prices...i love it
DJ Little RD 9:15 PM - 22 January, 2015
Will the MC4000 also be used with VDJ or is it strickly Serato DJ? Will I be just like the MC6000 mkII that uses both platform?
Asu 9:24 PM - 22 January, 2015
price is a non starter...doesn't make sense..62 offers more for less @ $1700
MIXOHOLIC! 9:48 PM - 22 January, 2015
and i was so happy i was the winning bid on a rane ttm57 last week on ebay for $465 i felt like king of the djs hahaha now im back at my normal random dj feeling hahah!!
DJ Stoyvo 9:53 PM - 22 January, 2015
What about the DDJ-SP2? Been waiting for an updated version for soooooo long
DjSamOmol 10:16 PM - 22 January, 2015
How much will the ttm57 mk2 cost?
woody008 10:52 PM - 22 January, 2015
Will there ever be any support for Rane's new MP2015 mixer via Serato DJ Club Kit?
DjSyndic8 11:08 PM - 22 January, 2015
I'm glad Dennon come up with a serato box because Rane have being controlling the market for so long its all about competition here,
Dj Babus 11:09 PM - 22 January, 2015
I was really hoping for a new/updated BRIDGE for Serato DJ and Ableton. There are way too many controllers in the market to me.
DjSyndic8 11:11 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
I was really hoping for a new/updated BRIDGE for Serato DJ and Ableton. There are way too many controllers in the market to me.

I think bridge was a big failure thats why they have left it.
trinilv 11:20 PM - 22 January, 2015
Is there any support coming from Serato DJ for the denon SC 3900.mapping support please please please.
Code:E 11:30 PM - 22 January, 2015
NS73 is by far the best thing so far. I might have to ditch my CDJ 2000's and get one.
audiomontana 11:31 PM - 22 January, 2015
please deliver the bridge this year
Dj KiLLA CAiN 11:35 PM - 22 January, 2015
Korg.. heheheheh lol
DjSyndic8 1:32 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
NS73 is by far the best thing so far. I might have to ditch my CDJ 2000's and get one.

The only thing new on the NS73 is the screens, so its basically a NS7 2 with a screen common Numark what a way to milk your customers, why not just release the attachment screens for your NS7 2 users, and scrap the NS7 3 name.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:38 AM - 23 January, 2015
As we've mentioned a few times over the last 6 months, we are working on developing Bridge like features in Serato DJ this year.

We've worked with a load of artists that used The Bridge as well as users to get feedback on the important parts so we can deliver features that are fit for purpose and with a strong focus on usability.

We're working to deliver these features this year. It may not exactly be The Bridge as it was in Scratch Live though.

Sam.
j cue 2:45 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
SDJ isn't perfect, but I like it. I bought VDJ Pro, and like it as well, but since I discovered Serato Scratch Live, I don't use VDJ any more. I still use SSL with the 1200's (cuz I'm too cheap to buy a new mixer), and SDJ with the DDJ-SX.

Thanks for the new goodies. Keep plugging away and keep innovating.

Some people would complain even after you hung them with a new rope. :) lol

hahaha! exactly what i was thinking. Serato are enabling alot of us to keep doing what we love. sure they don't always get it right first time, but they are quick to admit when they don't, and work hard to fix problems. we all can see that. Personally i am over the moon about the announcement of the ttm57 mk2! i love the mk1 and still use it. but now i MUST get the mk 2!
Well done Serato! keep it up!
LoopCat 3:48 AM - 23 January, 2015
Any plans to support the new Rane rotary?
Code:E 5:11 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
why not just release the attachment screens for your NS7 2 users, and scrap the NS7 3 name.

They are going too.

Quote:
As we've mentioned a few times over the last 6 months, we are working on developing Bridge like features in Serato DJ this year.

We've worked with a load of artists that used The Bridge as well as users to get feedback on the important parts so we can deliver features that are fit for purpose and with a strong focus on usability.

We're working to deliver these features this year. It may not exactly be The Bridge as it was in Scratch Live though.

Sam.

That's more than we have heard about any sort of bridge type features yet.
I assume Serato is building their own "remix" decks. With flip coming out (i bet it was a test bench for features). I would bet money files will be able to be edited in serato in a non destructive manner. I don't think ableton will have any part of this new add on. Also with Serato saying this year, we can all safely assume fall for a release, based on past release.

Hey Sam if you need any more beta tester, I've already signed a stack of NDF for pretty much everyone else out there.... :)
Dvj SuS 5:15 AM - 23 January, 2015
My ask is ,DVS System for Numark NS7 III , is ENABLE or Upgrade ??
No Love For Serato 5:42 AM - 23 January, 2015
dos centavos(2pennies),

Serato, how about this year we stay home, no? Can you ease up and stay still for a minute (lay off the goofballs). If your gonna be a slut (rane/numark/pioneer...) then at least be a good one at that. With every serato update one of your bangs gets f****ed with bugs. Let's try focusing on correcting stuff and a little less time pushing stuff.

NS73! WTF!
Man that's f'd up - right now a NS7/N7S2 dude must be sitting in his bedroom feeling like real dick - especially after spending all day troubleshooting yet another glitch.

Serato, your playing yourself. Your rep sucks even more.

That being said - are you guys giving out any free stuff, ha! oh
and I don't mean another update/efx's and all that other mumbo jumbo flip this and that shhhhh.

anyhow,
have fun at nam you slut.
Dvj SuS 5:46 AM - 23 January, 2015
quedo la pata con el comentario de arriba !! akjakjakjakj
dj jam1 7:44 AM - 23 January, 2015
Amd chipped computers r good for nothing, except maybe playing chess games or candy crush
kity 8:24 AM - 23 January, 2015
will there be support for denon dnx 1600 club mixer.
kity 8:26 AM - 23 January, 2015
will there be support for the denon dnx1600 mixer.
please make it serato enabled !!!
DjSyndic8 8:35 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
dos centavos(2pennies),

Serato, how about this year we stay home, no? Can you ease up and stay still for a minute (lay off the goofballs). If your gonna be a slut (rane/numark/pioneer...) then at least be a good one at that. With every serato update one of your bangs gets f****ed with bugs. Let's try focusing on correcting stuff and a little less time pushing stuff.

NS73! WTF!
Man that's f'd up - right now a NS7/N7S2 dude must be sitting in his bedroom feeling like real dick - especially after spending all day troubleshooting yet another glitch.

and I don't mean another update/efx's and all that other mumbo jumbo flip this and that shhhhh.

anyhow,

I see your point, Serato should be about Quality and not Quantity,
bradips 8:37 AM - 23 January, 2015
Is it possible to customize the joystick function like in the old 57?

Thanks
KlausMogensen 9:52 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Will the MC4000 also be used with VDJ or is it strickly Serato DJ? Will I be just like the MC6000 mkII that uses both platform?

Looks like it will work with VDJ and Traktor as well:
djworx.com
KlausMogensen 9:57 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
dos centavos(2pennies),
NS73! WTF!

The new screens will also be available for the current NS7II. It basically looks like they are clip-ons :)

More info: www.digitaldjtips.com
RNSE-NM 8:15 PM - 23 January, 2015
I love all the new technology. I can't wait to rock that 57MKII mixer. I love my 62 but have been looking for another mixer for my back up/home set up. You can't keep everyone happy all of the time. Keep up the good work Serato!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 12:33 AM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
dos centavos(2pennies),

NS73! WTF!

anyhow,

:(

Hardware support doesn't take time away from our core responsibilities of developing software updates and fixing bugs/maintaining stability.

We fixed a huge number of bugs in the last two Serato DJ updates and will continue to do so.

It's great we work with so many hardware manufacturers that all have strengths in different areas. It means there is a lot of choice for DJs to find the device that suits their particular style or taste.

If you've had any issues that you need help with we are always happy to help out too - support.serato.com

If you have any other feedback about our software or features you'd like to see, let us know too! Feedback is great!

Sam.
Marlon B 3:29 PM - 24 January, 2015
Will the new RANE TTM-57 MK II be compatible with both softwares, Serato SL as well as Serato DJ?

And will the Bridge (Ableton) still be compatible?
If it is will it be compatible for both Serato SL as well as Serato DJ?
david07 7:02 PM - 24 January, 2015
Interface denon dj?
Dj ds1=sl2?
Code:E 9:48 PM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
Will the new RANE TTM-57 MK II be compatible with both softwares, Serato SL as well as Serato DJ?

And will the Bridge (Ableton) still be compatible?
If it is will it be compatible for both Serato SL as well as Serato DJ?

No and No. It will be Serato DJ only. as SSL is no longer under any development.
eric-a 4:10 PM - 25 January, 2015
Any plans on CD timecode working as Vinyl timecode in REL mode?
Any plans on making serato DJ as stable as scratch live was?
Any plans to access sampler cue points from the DDJ-SP1 controller?
Is the new Rane MP2015 serato DJ compatible?!

Cheers,
Eric.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:37 PM - 25 January, 2015
Hey eric-a,

Quote:
Any plans on CD timecode working as Vinyl timecode in REL mode?

I'm not sure what you're referring to here exactly? Can you explain a little more?

Quote:

Any plans on making serato DJ as stable as scratch live was?

Stability is always at the top of the list. We've fixed a huge number of bugs in the last couple of Serato DJ releases and will keep doing this. We've also implemented crash reporting directly to us, so we see every single crash that occurs and can fix these much more easily.

If you've had specific issues i'd suggest talking to the support team so we can help. There are a couple of reasons you might have had some concerns about stability from moving across:

- out of date firmware/drivers
- under spec computer / higher CPU usage in Serato DJ

You can contact our support team here: support.serato.com

Quote:
Any plans to access sampler cue points from the DDJ-SP1 controller?

Do you mean the "play from" setting? So you can change which cue point the sample plays from in the SP-6?
Quote:

Is the new Rane MP2015 serato DJ compatible?!

No, this mixer is not supported in Serato DJ.
MAGNUM J.A. 12:20 PM - 26 January, 2015
Serato please upgrade the SP6 Sample player for Serato Dj. 1.It needs to comprise of a locking system so the tracks aren't accidentally loaded in it when playing songs. 2. Easier movement from one sample bank to another is neeed severly. Serato is the best!
kity 1:36 AM - 30 January, 2015
will the serato expand its club kit to the denon dnx1600 mixer. ?
ChirpFlareClickBoom 9:51 PM - 31 January, 2015
Pissed i bought the SRT and sold my NXS. WHERE IS BRIDGE?! Switching to Traktor by summer if there isn't a Midi Time Clock out from SDJ by the end of Feb.

Also, just bought a SRT for a club this past week... returning that now to get the cheaper NXS which will have traktor for me in it as well, assuming you guys still don't release bridge or at very least a midi time clock out....
Code:E 11:45 PM - 31 January, 2015
Quote:
Pissed i bought the SRT and sold my NXS. WHERE IS BRIDGE?! Switching to Traktor by summer if there isn't a Midi Time Clock out from SDJ by the end of Feb.

You can get MIDI clock out of you mixer and run it into Ableton. But MIDI clock does suck, we need something better than MIDI clock.
david07 6:30 PM - 12 July, 2015
very happy with sl3
RALSTON CHIN 8:44 PM - 12 July, 2015
Quote:
DjSyndic8 10:51 PM - 13 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Mine works fine with all the new Searto Dj updates

Macbook pro 2012 i7 2.6 16gb ram using 2tb external hard drive loads up fine
RALSTON CHIN 3:22 PM - 14 July, 2015
Funny thing now is that, when i start Serato Dj with my Typhoon controller then plug in my DDJ-SX2 then plug out the Typhoon...then my DDJ-SX2 will work......all uldates were made......what seemes to be the PROBLEM....what's missing?

Plesae advise.
DjSyndic8 8:17 PM - 17 July, 2015
Quote:
Funny thing now is that, when i start Serato Dj with my Typhoon controller then plug in my DDJ-SX2 then plug out the Typhoon...then my DDJ-SX2 will work......all uldates were made......what seemes to be the PROBLEM....what's missing?

Plesae advise.

Try starting up Serato Dj let your database load wait till it finishes then power your DDj Sx2 see what happens
eric-a 9:14 PM - 16 August, 2015
Samuel,

1/
needle dropping when using CD timecodes in REL mode, pressing CUE actuallly go back in the beginning.

2/ about DDP-SP1

actually being able to call various cue pints from a sample but might be tricky.
but also controlling the pitch of the sample to be able to change its speed from the controller.

anyway...
gadgetboy 11:00 AM - 16 October, 2015
Quote:
There will be Bridge like features developed for Serato DJ this year. Not The Bridge as it was in Scratch Live but features that will allow you to do what we found was the most important parts of it from our user research and artist feedback.

Scratch Live is discontinued and won't be further developed.

this comment was made in January.. Any idea when these features will be introduced please?

Like a lot of users, i'm on the edge of moving to Traktor just for the midi clock feature, I love Serato DJ but I need this feature more..

Any feedback would be appreciated guys.