Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Dropout during perfomance with short freeze and Fast forward in song

DJ-AR 3:29 PM - 1 January, 2015
Hey everyone

Need help with Serato DJ. During my perfomance it happens that i get a hard dropout so nothing works for like up to 2-4 seconds.
After that the Track jumps to the point where it should be if nothing happened this sounds like a fast forward.
After that everything gets back to normal.

I use a Macbook pro 15" retina
2,5 GHz
16 GB RAM
an external HDD
and the latest Serato Version 1.7.2

Please Help cause this gives me a Hearattack every time it happens :)
raedonquan 5:17 PM - 1 January, 2015
is music analized... what kind of external hdd...usb 2.0 or 3.0
DJ-AR 5:34 PM - 1 January, 2015
it is a USB 3.0 HDD.

there are a few songs which are not analyzed but my main songs are so i doesn't matter what i play.

this does not happen when i put a new song to the deck it happens spontaneously
raedonquan 11:10 PM - 1 January, 2015
a friend of mine had your same problem random stops of the songs... the new 1.7.2 stopped it..

2012 mbp with yosemite.
DJ-AR 11:37 PM - 1 January, 2015
I had the same issue with serato dj 1.7.1 so i dont think the issue is the new version
Tobi P 2:09 AM - 3 January, 2015
I had two dropouts at my last two gigs. Never had a problem with it before. The behavior is very much the same, but my dropouts were shorter. Maybe just 1 Second. I'm using 1.7.2.
BleedR 9:29 PM - 7 January, 2015
I had the same issue with VCI 380 and 1.7.2
Serato, Support
Micah G. 2:29 AM - 12 January, 2015
Hi DJ-AR,

Hit up the support team, and we can look into that for you. Start a help request here - support.serato.com

Cheers,
Micah
D Jay Cee 10:48 PM - 11 May, 2015
I have had this happen during two different gigs. I am sure if it happened on my PC the system would have just crashed but my MBP recovered quickly. I have the latest version of Serato DJ as well. using an external 7200RPM thunderbolt connected HD