Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Walter: Edit Track/ Recording feature!!

MBLL 12:48 PM - 27 December, 2014
It would be superb if Serato added a "edit recording/ track" feature. I sometimes record some of my rare vinyl for use with Serato, and would like to be able to cut up the record inside of serato.
Davideon 5:33 PM - 27 December, 2014
The thing is that serato is a dj performance software. It sounds like you want a wave editor like sound forge or audacity?

Or depending on how complex you want to be you could use flip?
MBLL 9:32 PM - 27 December, 2014
Quote:
The thing is that serato is a dj performance software. It sounds like you want a wave editor like sound forge or audacity?

Or depending on how complex you want to be you could use flip?[/quote

I want to be able to cut records into tracks and cut out samples for the SP6 without using other software. I am fully aware that I can use Audacity etc. to do the job.
Davideon 10:10 PM - 27 December, 2014
As I said. Serato does dj software. What you want is catered for by other developers.

I for one wouldn't want Serato to be a jack of all trades. Different tools for different jobs is very important as each developer can specilaise in their selected area and not get bogged down with replicating what others do, less well, and sacrificing the development of their own niche area. I mean, Cubase has a wave editor but I always use sound forge.

Out of interest, why doesn't audacity suffice?
MBLL 7:25 AM - 28 December, 2014
Quote:

Out of interest, why doesn't audacity suffice?

Because I find that using multible software in my work stops my workflow.

A couple of years ago I had a Traktor setup with a Traktor Kontrol F1. In Traktor it is possible to cut out a loop (sample). Simple mark a loop using IN and OUT then drag & drop the loop to another deck/ sample deck. Easy and not stopping your workflow.

I own multible drumbreak records, that I have digitalised. I would like to be able to cut out a break and beatmark it for use with flip. I would also like to cut out small samples for use with the SP-6.
BleedR 3:50 PM - 23 January, 2015
Actually it's not that kind of a big deal, they need to integrate something like track cues, so when you "cut" out something it just makes an instance of the track with that area only selected and showing up. It's pretty much like Flip... actually it's exactly Flip that need's some more options added for the user!