Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

MIDI-MAP DDJ-SP1 IN SERATO DJ 1.7x

djphlipzdc 2:36 PM - 9 December, 2014
Is this feature available yet? It's the only thing holding me back from switching over to Serato DJ. I tried plugging in my SP1 to Serato DJ 1.72 and the midi button doesn't light up. There's some features in SDJ i don't use, so I'd like to remap the SP1 to how I have it in Scratch Live.

(for instance, instead of the SYNC button on the SP1, I have it mapped to INSTANT DOUBLES in Scratch Live, and the 4 "PARAM" buttons I have mapped to toggle btwn the 4 SP-6 sound banks)

Or can I upload my existing SSL SP1 mapping on the XML file for Serato DJ SP1 mapping?
djphlipzdc 7:36 AM - 11 December, 2014
Anyone?
djphlipzdc 1:35 AM - 23 December, 2014
Anyone????
DJwhizkid 2:01 AM - 23 December, 2014
So you want MIDI mapping ah? Welcome to the club :)
DJMIYAGI 1:55 AM - 2 January, 2015
+1
Don't use sync. Would love to map the button to play, keylock, etc.
Davideon 6:47 PM - 2 January, 2015
I don't think native controllers can be midi mapped
DJMIYAGI 12:00 AM - 9 January, 2015
Quote:
I don't think native controllers can be midi mapped

That's why we're asking for it
DER_FICH 9:14 PM - 9 January, 2015
+1
DJ Eazy B 9:15 PM - 10 June, 2015
+1 on this

Why restrict the use of the unit, at least lets have the option to have a custom layer.
DJ Ding Ding 8:48 PM - 12 June, 2015
+1 we need to be able to map the video master fx 1 and video master fx 2 to the DDJ-SP1
Oneness 7:07 PM - 2 November, 2015
+1
Locher 12:42 PM - 23 November, 2015
+1
I need to remap for playback control and pitch bend
DJ Trice 8:13 AM - 25 November, 2015
Rule Number 1: Read the ddj sp1 user manual.
Sp1 has a fuction dedicated for use with any software !
So i also use it at home with Scratchlive. To do it, you have to enter the sp1 setup mode.
It works fine, my only problem is that sdj does not allow to midi map loop roll !

Another advice, update Sdj to 1.7.8 or 1.7.6
Locher 8:34 AM - 25 November, 2015
Serato bring a remap feature and i want to use this feature to remap my DDJ-SP1. Now I can remap my DDJ-SX and my DDJ-SZ. Why not my small one? That would be more usefull than on the big one!
deejdave 12:34 AM - 28 November, 2015
Quote:
Rule Number 1: Read the ddj sp1 user manual

This Midi mode applies to all software except for SDJ (which is why you can do this with SSL BTW) as it is an OSA and the new remap function does not include any Serato OSA devices.

Quote:
Another advice, update Sdj to 1.7.8 or 1.7.6

Please keep in mind this guy posted this back in Dec 9th 2014 and 1.7.3 wasn't even released until Jan 15th 2015 so he WAS up to date at the time and I am sure he has since then updated his SDJ software. On the flip side is there some reason you are suggesting for anyone to update to an older SDJ version than currently available?
DJ Trice 8:14 AM - 29 November, 2015
In fact, it was an old post.

For suggestion of using an older version. This is only for my part... trying to explain...

Since i use Serato (2008 SSL from now), my experience allow me to reconize on thing:
When a last update comes: i never use it on Live but just at home.
I always plays with version N-1 on live. I use the up to date versions for live generally 1 month after they came out.
I do the same thing for major OS update, but in this case, i prefer waiting for 3 months min.

Maybe people will think it's strange, my opinion and results says that my serato never crash on Live. And this is not what i see for people updating quickly to last version without strong tests.
Generally, i think, if it's works, don't touch it. If a new version comes with features that i need and will use : i will test it and go for live with no problems.

If someone ask me what version to install, depending of his products (mixer, player, controllers...) i will recommand the last version only if there's no problem for his products. If this is not the case, plays with N-1 version. I don't want someone recall me to says: last one is buggy, my serato has crashed ... Live is live no crash allowed.

This is my personal opinion.
deejdave 7:41 PM - 29 November, 2015
Problem is you are speaking of a version (1.8) where each and EVERY user had PLENTY of time to test and even on the day of its release the version was by no means new to anyone here.

What should have happened here is User A (for ex.) should have participated in the 1.8 beta. Then User A tests said beta (at hope just like you suggest) then user A should have reported any/all issues he/she came across. This way the day of release user A should know that any/all issues they had should already be ironed out. There are flat out WAY TOO MANY benefits of 1.8 to not use it. From better sound (limiter being removed) to remapping native devices (one of the most requested features of all time) to the key features (again one of the most requested features of all time) . NOT things I would be willing to give up.
DJ Trice 9:27 PM - 29 November, 2015
Dave, i m agree with you for all these things.
To my part, the way key detection has been added don't interrest me.
From the start i ask for loop roll mapping: There are not in 1.8. Sound limiter, i don't have problem with this in older version when i use my twitch instead of my sz.
I was interrested by remapping hardware also for my twitch, but again, the he has been implemented don't interrest me because i can't remapp button for the 4 program channel of twitch.
So i test beta version when i'm interresting with news features.
deejdave 2:31 AM - 30 November, 2015
Quote:
There are not in 1.8. Sound limiter, i don't have problem with this in older version when i use my twitch instead of my sz.

Does not apply to controllers so I could obviously understand this.
Quote:
To my part, the way key detection has been added don't interrest me.

I couldn't live without now but I understand this is a preference thing :)
Quote:
I was interrested by remapping hardware also for my twitch, but again, the he has been implemented don't interrest me because i can't remapp button for the 4 program channel of twitch.
So i test beta version when i'm interresting with news features.

They are in early stages and still need work on the remap capabilities etc. so I completely understand here too. Make your voice heard though if you have not already.

As I said I was just curious of your specific reasons anyways as I happen to fully agree with you. I have 5 MBP's and believe it or not only two out of the 5 are EVER current in terms of SDJ. Furthermore I only have ONE current with OS (el Capitan) LOL. I actually keep two machines 2 Mac OS's behind (Mavericks, two machines 1 Mac OS behind (Yosemite) and the last like I said at current just so I stay in the know. Like I said.................. I completely agree you should ALWAYS keep your performance machine/s on the last known (proven) reliable versions and firmwares.
DJ Trice 6:38 AM - 30 November, 2015
😊