Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ 1.7.2 Problem

FratBoyz - DJ Gozz 3:17 AM - 9 December, 2014
I downloaded 1.7.2 and installed it. It opens up and loads my crates but no music. It doesn't load any files at all. Even when i click "all" nothing is there.

I'm running a 2013 macbook pro, 2.5 ghz i5, 8gb of ram, tb hdd.
I'm running os x 10.8.5.

If I close it and load up Serato Scratch Live, everything works perfectly.

Thanks,
DJ Gozz
Serato, Moderator
Michael R 5:08 AM - 9 December, 2014
Hi FratBoyz - DJ Gozz,

The best way to get help with Serato DJ is to get in touch with our Support Team and they can assist you with your issue :)

You can either open a help ticket (support.serato.com) or email them at support@serato.com.

Cheers,
Michael.
DJ Tecniq 9:31 AM - 9 December, 2014
I am having this problem as well after a clean install of mavericks. My crates show up but there are no files in 1.7.2 version. I tried 1.7.1 and not a problem however I cannot sort the bpm "at all". Scratchlive seems to have no issue with any of this. Very odd.
Iha 2:19 PM - 9 December, 2014
I have the same problem on late 2011 MBP, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.1.1. Everything works fine in Itch.
Serato, Moderator
Michael R 8:16 PM - 9 December, 2014
Hey guys,

As I mentioned above, if you're having problems then please start a help ticket. This is the best way to get support, as this is where our Support Team work, not here in the general discussion area.

Cheers,
Michael.
DJ Tecniq 8:47 PM - 9 December, 2014
I'm on a clean install of Mavericks the problem is the latest version. 1.7.1 has no problem showing files in my crates but I cannot sort the bpm, titles, songs, numbers..it won't let me. Almost like my library is froze.
Serato, Moderator
Michael R 9:28 PM - 9 December, 2014
Hey DJ Tecniq,

As mentioned above (twice), opening a help ticket is the best way to get your issue resolved.

Cheers,
Michael.
djnokturnal 9:49 PM - 9 December, 2014
DJ Tecniq,

I solved this sorting problem by installing 1.6.3 side by side with 1.7. I will test tonight if in 1.7.2 the problem resurfaces.
BleedR 10:55 PM - 9 December, 2014
Michael I think the guys are reporting obvious bugs of the new version.
They have found a workaround, so why open a ticket? The bug needs to be reported, but there is no such ticket option, so far as I tried, so posting here seems more then legit!
DJ Tecniq 11:04 PM - 9 December, 2014
Quote:
They have found a workaround, so why open a ticket? The bug needs to be reported, but there is no such ticket option, so far as I tried, so posting here seems more then legit!
I completely agree. The fact that it's not happening in Scratchlive is odd..Because SDJ & Scratchlive share the same serato folder database.
Serato, Moderator
Michael R 12:12 AM - 10 December, 2014
Hey BleedR,

Quote:

The reason I'm prompting them to open a help ticket is because posting in the general discussion is just that, general discussion. Our Support Team are trained to help troubleshoot a user's issue and determine (if possible) the cause or at least the reproduction steps for the bug. They can then log the bug for it to be fixed.

Cheers,
Michael.
DJ Tecniq 12:49 AM - 10 December, 2014
I just downgraded to 1.6.3 and everything is working normal I'll just use that for now.
BleedR 8:08 AM - 10 December, 2014
Michael I reported 3 issues and I got an answer to only one of them! That's how the support seems to work! At least here someone can help.
DJ Tecniq 9:08 AM - 10 December, 2014
Not sure if this will help others but it helped me. I updated my sl3 driver and everything is back to normal on latest version songs are showing up in crates and all. Odd👀
Serato, Moderator
Michael R 4:53 AM - 11 December, 2014
Hi BleedR,

Quote:
Michael I reported 3 issues and I got an answer to only one of them! That's how the support seems to work! At least here someone can help.

If you can provide me your help ticket numbers I can chase these up for you. Also posting here is good if you are wanting help from other users, but if you require assistance from the team at Serato then a help ticket is the way to go.

Cheers,
Michael.
BleedR 11:57 AM - 11 December, 2014
54076 & 54073 didn't get a reply
BleedR 11:58 AM - 11 December, 2014
54072 neither
Serato, Support
Scott S 11:32 PM - 11 December, 2014
Hi BleedR,

Apologies for the delay, I have replied to your open ticket (#56469) about your problems with Flip and the VCI-380. Have a read and get back to me through the ticket and we can continue troubleshooting from there rather than in this General Discussion area.

Kind regards
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:58 PM - 11 December, 2014
Yes, apologies for that BleedR.

For a better user experience, we like to merge tickets from a single user (in close time proximity) so you get all your issues addressed in one go from one member of the team.

Unfortunately your tickets about Flip and the VCI-380 slipped through the cracks of our merging process which is why you only had responses from Matt P about your Smart Crates questions. We're going to tighten up our process to try prevent this happening again.

Cheers,
Aaron
Wizz 3:01 AM - 12 December, 2014
Just to charm in, I don't think anyone else mentioned this. But I always run a Disk Repair on my Macbook Pro after a major update is released, then a restart. So far that seem to make everything run smooth.
Serato, Support
Scott S 3:04 AM - 12 December, 2014
Quote:
But I always run a Disk Repair on my Macbook Pro after a major update is released, then a restart

This is a good idea! Verifying and repairing any incorrect permissions can help clear up unexpected issues you may be having, it's good to do this every once in a while.

It's also good to reset the PRAM on your Macbook. First off shut down your Mac. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Option, Command (⌘), P, and R. Turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold the Option-Command-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the grey screen with the Apple logo appears. Continue holding the keys down until your Mac restarts, and you hear the startup sound for the second time. This will reset your PRAM and as well as clearing up permissions can help with unexpected issues.

Regards
pueblofunky 6:33 AM - 12 December, 2014
I have the same problem (made a support request yesterday).

Didn't see any track in SDJ 1.7.2 final.
Imported 10 tracks into SDJ 1.7.2 - import runs fine, but no tracks shown.

Started SSL 2.5 - just imported tracks are there.

Uninstalled 1.7.2 final
Installed 1.7.1 ... just imported tracks are there.
Installed 1.7.2.4346 beta ... no tracks there (but I'm sure in previous betas there were tracks!)
Started SSL 2.5 - tracks are there.

So 1.7.2 is completely unuseable.

No hardware is connected - I'm only using it "offline".

Please fix asap.
BleedR 11:11 AM - 12 December, 2014
Guys unfortunately, I can't answer to your email:

Final-Recipient: rfc822; support@serato.com
Original-Recipient: rfc822;support@serato.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; serato-com.mail.protection.outlook.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host
[46.151.164.68] blocked using FBLW15; To request removal from this list
please forward this message to delist@messaging.microsoft.com

I'm using my private email of my own domain which used to work fine for communication till few days ago...
RIDDIMNBLUES 2:53 PM - 12 December, 2014
Quote:
Just to charm in, I don't think anyone else mentioned this. But I always run a Disk Repair on my Macbook Pro after a major update is released, then a restart. So far that seem to make everything run smooth.

Is this safe? Always wanted to do this but was scared it might mess up something in serato so I never messed around with it. Can you go through on what it is the disk repair process actually do and how it benefits the macbook pro and serato..thanks
pueblofunky 3:27 PM - 12 December, 2014
It's a bug in SDJ 1.7.2.

SDJ 1.7.1 works, SSL 2.5 works - see my comment above.

No disk repair required. Nothing is destroyed. No problem with access rights to the files.
Amer 4:39 PM - 12 December, 2014
i am assuming no one has encountered this w/ Win. OS. I am currently running 8.1 w/ 1.7.2, no issues so far.
Luis Pinto 12:44 AM - 13 December, 2014
I also have this problem in SDJ 1.7.2 in Windows 7 - I found that if I search for any letter in the search box all songs appear, and then just delete that letter and everything is ok.

Never had that in SDL 1.7.1.

Problem appears offline or with controller connected.
Mr. Goodkat 4:06 AM - 13 December, 2014
anyone notice the 2 decimal readout only comes up on the left deck? its 1 on the right.
deejdave 5:46 AM - 13 December, 2014
Quote:
anyone notice the 2 decimal readout only comes up on the left deck? its 1 on the right.

Are you saying deck 1 shows .xx and deck 2 shows .x only?

I have tried on a few of my things and have only seen .xx on all decks. Both on AMX and similar and all four decks on SZ, SRT and similar.

What were you using?
Mr. Goodkat 9:26 PM - 13 December, 2014
was using the srt. on mine its right is like 88.1 and right is 88.12
Mr. Goodkat 9:29 PM - 13 December, 2014
2 on right, 1 on left.

with same track or not
deejdave 10:36 PM - 13 December, 2014
Happened once or is still happening? Sorry with the questions but I a literally staring at the two decimals on each side. Since you are using the SRT what about the other two decks? Same thing left/right?
Mr. Goodkat 11:32 PM - 13 December, 2014
interesting,

in all 2 deck modes the left side/deck 1 comes up with one decimal place, unless you use stack mode or space bar to make the small mode.

in 4 deck mode, stack mode still works with 2 decimal places, but horizontal Deck 1 is still .1 decimal.

just a little bug, but havent had any performance problems and have been using 1.72 beta and the 1.72(after release) for the last 4 weeks. im not sure if beta even had 2 decimal places, but ive already taken the beta off my machine.
Mr. Goodkat 11:39 PM - 13 December, 2014
small mode = library mode
pueblofunky 7:06 AM - 14 December, 2014
Quote:

I know the subject of this thread is wrong and not useful but please read the initial problem above and don't start another problem here. Start a new thread please!
Luis Pinto 4:00 PM - 14 December, 2014
Quote:
I also have this problem in SDJ 1.7.2 in Windows 7 - I found that if I search for any letter in the search box all songs appear, and then just delete that letter and everything is ok.

Never had that in SDL 1.7.1.

Problem appears offline or with controller connected.

I should have been more specific - I am talking about the problem that, after loading SDJ 1.7.2, no songs appear in the library.
Mr. Goodkat 7:05 PM - 14 December, 2014
pueblofunky 7:30 PM - 14 December, 2014
Quote:
I know the subject of this thread is wrong and not useful but please read the initial problem above and don't start another problem here. Start a new thread please!

pueblofunky 7:31 PM - 14 December, 2014
Quote:

deejdave 8:08 PM - 14 December, 2014
Quote:

Have you tried with anything other than the SRT?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:40 PM - 14 December, 2014
Hey BleedR

Quote:
Guys unfortunately, I can't answer to your email:

Final-Recipient: rfc822; support@serato.com
Original-Recipient: rfc822;support@serato.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; serato-com.mail.protection.outlook.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host
[46.151.164.68] blocked using FBLW15; To request removal from this list
please forward this message to delist@messaging.microsoft.com

I'm using my private email of my own domain which used to work fine for communication till few days ago...

Have you tried forwarding the error message to the 'de-list' email address provided in the message?

The most likely reason for getting this message is a high spam score. You could also try another email account.

Cheers,
Aaron
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:44 PM - 14 December, 2014
Hey all

Can we please keep this thread for the issue where your songs don't show up. Please start other threads for other issues. Thanks!

Aaron
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:47 PM - 14 December, 2014
Can everyone experiencing the issue of their tracks not appearing after installing Serato DJ 1.7.2 please upload their _Serato_ folder to this thread

Could everyone also please try resolving the issue by entering something into the search box to see if that brings the tracks back.

This will help us determine what may be happening.

Thanks,
Aaron
ninjagaijin 4:13 AM - 15 December, 2014
I have no tracks in 1.72 final. 1.72 beta, 1.71 & SSL no issues.
ninjagaijin 4:14 AM - 15 December, 2014
My _Serato_ folder is 1.1GB... I'll try a mega.co.nz upload for it
ninjagaijin 4:15 AM - 15 December, 2014
Yep, searching something makes the files show up. Urgh! Since you seem to know this is the cause, I'll skip uploading my 1.1GB _Serato_ (main music drive only) folder
Serato, Support
Aaron E 5:59 AM - 15 December, 2014
Thanks ninjagaijin, that's good to know that entering some search characters resolves it for you.

It's still early days for this issue so if you could upload your _Serato_ folder to this thread that would be great. You can zip it up to reduce the file size. 1.1 GB sounds quite unusual.

Cheers
Luis Pinto 10:13 AM - 15 December, 2014
Aaron, like I said earlier, entering some search characters solved the problem...
swift807 10:51 AM - 15 December, 2014
1.7.2 crash every time i delete a song . definite bug.
BleedR 8:14 PM - 15 December, 2014
Well I can confirm that too ... the behavior could be a crash/all files disappearing/ some files disappearing/going to top... this happens when deleting a file!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:42 PM - 15 December, 2014
Thanks Luis Pinto!

@swift807 and BleedR - can you please zip up your _Serato_ folders and attach them to this thread. We can't reproduce this issue in-house so it would be awesome to be able to try with your folders. Hopefully that can help us try and determine what may be happening for you.

Also - are you both submitting your crash reports with an email address attached? This will really help me be able to give you good feedback on what's causing the crashing for you.

Cheers,
Aaron
BleedR 7:14 PM - 16 December, 2014
Which folders can I exclude? History and Recordings? Here you go
BleedR 7:15 PM - 16 December, 2014
Can't attach anything?!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:37 PM - 16 December, 2014
Ah sorry, my bad. There's no Attach a File option out here in general discussion.

Can I ask you to open a help request at support.serato.com and attach your _Serato_ folder in the ticket. Make the subject line 'Missing Track List' and one of the team will pick it up. You can exclude the Recording folder, but leave the History folder in case it's related.

Have you tried entering something into the search box (and then clicking 'x') to see if that brings your track list up?

Cheers,
Aaron
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:37 PM - 19 December, 2014
I've noticed the same bug too.
Start up 1.7.2 crates load but no tracks in the track window.
Fire up same library with SSL works fine. Then I tried 1.7.2 again and its working fine .

Its happened twice. My initial thoughts was that my external drive was acting up
spOOky 4:40 AM - 12 January, 2015
yepp the same bug happen to me....
no tracks in my creates... only i've been writing something into the serach field...some minutes later the statusbar ( below the trackfield) show me " your libery has been updated"

plz fix it :(

king regards from germany
Luis Pinto 11:11 AM - 12 January, 2015
spOOky: as a workaround you can activate the option 'Show iTunes Library' in setup, and it doesn't matter if you use iTunes. I do not, but that option solved my problems.

By the way - before activating that, can you sort your library by bpm, or artist? Do you have smart crates that show up with music? The iTunes workaround solves these three problems.

Cheers
spOOky 2:17 AM - 13 January, 2015
nope i can't..i have to wait a few minutes after sdj comes up with "your libery has been updated"

anyway thx 4 the tip luis...it works ;)
DJ Tecniq 7:20 AM - 13 January, 2015
Quite funny scratch live has never had these issues... SSL still owns it should still be supported👍
Serato, Support
Aaron E 6:51 AM - 14 January, 2015
Thanks for your input DJ Tecniq, but (unfortunately) Scratch Live had plenty of issues similar to this as it went through development. That's software I guess.

Fortunately, with us only having one more robust code base to work with now, we can get issues like this resolved much faster. This particular issue is a top priority right now.

Aaron
DJ Tecniq 4:28 PM - 14 January, 2015
Quote:
Thanks for your input DJ Tecniq, but (unfortunately) Scratch Live had plenty of issues similar to this as it went through development. That's software I guess.

Fortunately, with us only having one more robust code base to work with now, we can get issues like this resolved much faster. This particular issue is a top priority right now.

Aaron
Odd I've had more problems with serato DJ than I've ever had with Scratchlive. Glad it's getting resolved👍
Mr. Goodkat 8:57 PM - 14 January, 2015
when did you start using ssl?
DJ Tecniq 11:20 PM - 14 January, 2015
Quote:
ever since I got my first SL1. Now I have an SL3
DJ Edwardo30 8:34 AM - 15 January, 2015
Quote:
Fire up same library with SSL works fine. Then I tried 1.7.2 again and its working fine .

Its happened twice. My initial thoughts was that my external drive was acting up

I just upgraded to 1.7.3 and crates loaded but NO Tracks...I read through these posting and someone said to click the box for the itunes library (even tho I don't use itunes) on the set up menu and it WORKED. My tracks are now showing, now I just to test to see if the update is a stable one.
Mr. Goodkat 9:59 AM - 15 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

like 1.92 or further foward?
DJ Tecniq 8:38 PM - 15 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

like 1.92 or further foward?
i think before 1.9.2
Mr. Goodkat 8:54 PM - 15 January, 2015
well then you should remember the issues people had.
BleedR 9:16 PM - 15 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I just upgraded to 1.7.3 and crates loaded but NO Tracks...I read through these posting and someone said to click the box for the itunes library (even tho I don't use itunes) on the set up menu and it WORKED. My tracks are now showing, now I just to test to see if the update is a stable one.

It would had been too much to request this fixed in the next 6 months!
They pretend this issues are complex like rocket science! Actually they are fixable in about 5-15 min, lol!
DJ Tecniq 10:42 PM - 15 January, 2015
What blows my mind is how they missed this in the final version. How is that possible? Ummm not having your tracks show up in your library is a big deal. Where is the testing before they crank out these updates... that's all
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:58 PM - 15 January, 2015
Hey Tecniq

The tricky thing about this issue is it only affects a very small proportion of users.

It didn't show up in our comprehensive testing, we are still unable to reproduce it here in the office (with a massive spread of computer types and setups), and we are currently trying to narrow down the factors that could be causing it.

We totally agree that it is a big deal and are doing what we can to get it resolved as soon as possible.

Aaron
tobias rockit 11:12 PM - 15 January, 2015
updated to 1.7.3 today.
having the same problem now.
ScratchLive is still working, Serato DJ doesn't show a single track in the library
tobias rockit 11:26 PM - 15 January, 2015
did a permissions repair + hard disk repair
but this didn't mention anything that needed to be repaired
next did a pram zap, but this didn't help either.
out of ideas to try.
back to ScratchLive.
Mr. Goodkat 11:42 PM - 15 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

u try that too?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:32 AM - 16 January, 2015
Hey tobias

Yes, the two best things to try are:

- Go to Setup > Library + Display and toggle the 'Show iTunes Library' option (even if you don't personally use iTunes)

- Enter something into the search field (so tracks start to appear as a result), then click the 'x' to cancel the search

If your track list doesn't come back after either of those steps, hit up the support team by opening a help request at support.serato.com and one of the team will work with you to get you sorted.

Cheers,
Aaron
tobias rockit 3:10 AM - 16 January, 2015
worked for me.
Thanks
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:45 AM - 16 January, 2015
What's the point of the software if your library doesn't show up. 1.7.3 is out to support more hardware and still can't get my library to load on first asking. Shame really.
Should be a bug that gets a priority fix, not instant deck starts or quantized flips or whatever fancy stuff Serato is planning to add soon.
First things first = The Basics. Simples
Mr. Goodkat 7:56 AM - 16 January, 2015
did you tick the load itunes box?

Go to Setup > Library + Display and toggle the 'Show iTunes Library' option (even if you don't personally use iTunes)

- Enter something into the search field (so tracks start to appear as a result), then click the 'x' to cancel the search
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:01 AM - 16 January, 2015
@Mr.Goodkat no I didn't. And I shouldn't have to either. I just exit and restart the program till it picks up my library.
I know about the iTunes library work around I'm only commenting that this issue should get top priority in a triage system of fixing stuff.
Mr. Goodkat 8:04 AM - 16 January, 2015
tick a box in the program 1 time? srsly?
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:15 AM - 16 January, 2015
Well I do remember vividly a time when Serato recommended not using the iTunes library option. What's changed?

Its not just about "ticking a box" but a program should be able to do the very basic thing of loading its own library without any help.
I know its a bug and bugs need to be fixed. Just trying to highlight that they need to prioritize things. This should be like a "critical security update" fix in terms of importance.

Believe me I use it as it is.

I have Scratch live & Traktor as back up.
Mr. Goodkat 8:22 AM - 16 January, 2015
lol smh
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:22 AM - 4 February, 2015
Good news guys. This high priority issue has been fixed for a coming release. Can't tell you exactly when it will be out, but won't be long now.

Cheers,
Aaron
BleedR 6:20 AM - 4 February, 2015
Quote:
Good news guys. This high priority issue has been fixed for a coming release. Can't tell you exactly when it will be out, but won't be long now.

Cheers,
Aaron

What about the dropouts? This is seriously the biggest critical Bug in SDJ!
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:25 AM - 4 February, 2015
I don't think there can be any important issue like the software not loading its library lol.
Its almost like a car not starting.
BleedR 10:08 AM - 4 February, 2015
And I don't think there is a more important feature then a software not playing because of dropouts, It's like a car that can't be directed and driving out of the road ;)
DJ P... Da don 2:12 AM - 10 February, 2015
Hi Team,

My issue is somewhat related to this but mainly being that I add a new track into SDJ, restart it and it no longer shows up there.

Currently have it on video, already performed the iTunes on/off steps

drive.google.com

- At min “1:10” you can see that there are 18 Tracks on the 2015 >> Top 40 Crate,
- Restarted Serato DJ
- At min “2:17” Went back to the same Crate and now I’m back down to 14 tracks, very annoying :s
Serato, Support
Aaron E 2:14 AM - 10 February, 2015
Hey BleedR

There is no current known 'dropouts' issue. We do continuous performance testing on all our versions across multiple platforms and I can confidently report that Serato DJ 1.7.3 produces fewer dropouts than any previous version.

It is highly unlikely that a user would experience dropouts due to the software itself. If you are getting continuous dropouts, you will need to work with our support team support.serato.com to optimise your setup to reduce load and the frequency of dropouts.

Aaron
Serato, Support
Aaron E 2:15 AM - 10 February, 2015
Hey DJ P... Da don

Can I ask you to open a help request so one of the support team can help you troubleshoot what may be happening for you: support.serato.com

Cheers,
Aaron
DJ P... Da don 2:17 AM - 10 February, 2015
Quote:
Hey DJ P... Da don

Can I ask you to open a help request so one of the support team can help you troubleshoot what may be happening for you: support.serato.com

Cheers,
Aaron

Already have "69182" so far nada has come out from it, haven't received an answer today, are you able to look at this ticket?
Also, have you tried playing my video to see what the actual issue is?

Somewhat related to this thread

Thanks,
Serato, Support
Aaron E 2:56 AM - 10 February, 2015
Ah okay, cheers. Nathaniel will get back to you soon with some troubleshooting steps to try and figure out what's going on and get you sorted.

Aaron
BleedR 8:19 AM - 10 February, 2015
Quote:
can confidently report that Serato DJ 1.7.3 produces fewer dropouts than any previous version.

I'm pretty sure if I search the forum I can show you where one of your colleagues posted that this is a "work around" for the KNOWN problem that should reduce the drop outs.
This isn't a FIX as your colleague stated it's still the RANE drivers!

The support helps me "GREAT" and without logic, we are talking about Chinch Cables that might cause a Freeze and spinforwar in Serato DJ (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH) and about USB cables. Sorry, this is not Level 1, but minus Level 1 support that makes me only pissed, angry and disappointed!
BleedR 8:23 AM - 10 February, 2015
Quote:
Hey BleedR

There is no current known 'dropouts' issue. We do continuous performance testing on all our versions across multiple platforms and I can confidently report that Serato DJ 1.7.3 produces fewer dropouts than any previous version.

It is highly unlikely that a user would experience dropouts due to the software itself. If you are getting continuous dropouts, you will need to work with our support team support.serato.com to optimise your setup to reduce load and the frequency of dropouts.

Aaron

And yeah, your continuous performance testing across multiple systems is that what caused everyone to have crashes and dropouts with 1.7.x versions, which you refused to be happening too. And asked people to move the USB bugger to "test" to 20 if this still happens... and it did! Do you remember??? You were trying to reproduce it, couldn't but about every second post here was from different people with the same issue!

Correct me please if I'm wrong!
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:41 AM - 10 February, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
can confidently report that Serato DJ 1.7.3 produces fewer dropouts than any previous version.

I'm pretty sure if I search the forum I can show you where one of your colleagues posted that this is a "work around" for the KNOWN problem that should reduce the drop outs.
This isn't a FIX as your colleague stated it's still the RANE drivers!

The support helps me "GREAT" and without logic, we are talking about Chinch Cables that might cause a Freeze and spinforwar in Serato DJ (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH) and about USB cables. Sorry, this is not Level 1, but minus Level 1 support that makes me only pissed, angry and disappointed!

No that is todo with the large latency after you get a dropout. This is something totally different and is on apples side as it happens with any dvs device. Rane/Pioneer/Denon/allen&heath.

A temp fix was put in so sdj picks up if latency goes sky high and auto adjusts your buffer in the setup screen automatically but of corse when you change the usb buffer yet get an split sec audio dropout.

Untill Apple fix this issue you have to use that work around or use Mountain Lion as this seems to not have this issue.

But once more this is ONLY for DVS devices.
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:43 AM - 10 February, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Hey BleedR

Aaron

And yeah, your continuous performance testing across multiple systems is that what caused everyone to have crashes and dropouts with 1.7.x versions, which you refused to be happening too. And asked people to move the USB bugger to "test" to 20 if this still happens... and it did! Do you remember??? You were trying to reproduce it, couldn't but about every second post here was from different people with the same issue!

Correct me please if I'm wrong!

Yes I remember its called BETA SOFTWARE you know not released and is in testing. It was also for a unsupported operating system!!! And in the BETA testing stage the issue was found and fixed before the software was RELEASED!

Some people hey 😒
BleedR 8:51 AM - 10 February, 2015
Woolsey, it's still not fixed My friend.
Work around as you Said!
And it's Apple fault since mavericks?
Nö fault with SSL, weird!
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:52 AM - 10 February, 2015
Quote:
Woolsey, it's still not fixed My friend.
Work around as you Said!
And it's Apple fault since mavericks?
Nö fault with SSL, weird!

The usb dropouts with Yosmite was and IS fixed from 1.7.2

The large latency with a dvs device after a usb dropout is still an issue with Mavericks and Yosemite.

Scratchlive does not use CoreAudio drivers so it does not suffer from this issue of coreaudio input latency on osx Mavericks and Yosmite.

Serato and there partners and Apple have reproduced this issue... And works still goes on for a permanent fix.
BleedR 10:25 AM - 10 February, 2015
I didn't read anything like this Woolsey, where do you got the information form that Apple, Serato AND Partners are working on this? So far as I have seen only Rane is atm expected to work at it and Serato has tied hands. I used to be an Apple employe and I can guarantee you if it was an Apple issue, since it's a problem since Mavericks, that Apple would have fixed it a long time ago - if informed. There are people working 24h on such things and problems are being escalated and they don't stop till there is a fix!

Actually we kinda hijacked the real topic here so let's maybe stop. Unfortunately I'm missing a fix or a clear answer to the actual issues is!
I wrote 3 different issues, the got ignored, later they excused and put them in one ticket together and closed the ticket!

I have issues with DVS, yes, which are more or less acceptable now, compared to before.
But NOW Yosemite is officially supported by Serato, which shouldn't be if there are KNOWN issues that obviously Serato isn't able to fix for a 1+ years!!!

The second thing I have an issue with a controller, VCI 380, that the music stops, skips forward and continues! I'm not sure if it's the same problem, but I guess so. I still didn't get an answer if they are working on a fix, if they can reproduce it (I guess not, they can't reproduce nothing usually) and if they recognizing it as a bug.
The solution is the change my chinch cable??? Are you kidding me, is this a Pro DJ Software support?
I DJ 3 times and week and this is what I do for a living, for me this is essential, I'm not a 14 year old boy that want to "dj" cause it's cool for his friends and push some buttons!

I need answers and solutions! I need to see, yes, this is a bug, we are working on it, we know about that, it's getting. Not like THIS post where they know, after some time comes a new version and the bug is not even fixed, LOL!!!

I have supported Serato from the beginning, I've sent a lot of bug reports, from private beta's back then and stuff. But now everything just sucks. You send bugs, no one cares.
Support is worse then ever, forum is closed for bug reports. Back then the users helped each other, and it was obvious what are problems of the software and what weren't.

Cheers!
BleedR 10:33 AM - 10 February, 2015
Why doesn't Serato integrates a Bug Tracking system like this?
Users would know about the problems and bugs and stuff

www.mantisbt.org
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:45 AM - 10 February, 2015
My vci-380 is solid works perfect no issues what so ever nor anyone else i know with one.

Info is just what a have gathered over posts on here ect.

And yes this is abit of a hijack thread.
the latinsoul 4:45 PM - 11 February, 2015
Hi there i was just wondering when i play a track on my controller (DDJ SX) the track just continues endlessly how do i get it to stop at the end?
Mr. Goodkat 5:44 PM - 11 February, 2015
press stop
deejdave 6:20 PM - 11 February, 2015
If you do not have autoplay selected it will play endlessly but there is no sound. What is wrong with that? It's not like there is anything audible so it is the same thing as stop no? Kind like a TT but better as you don't hear the label rubbing noise LOL.
DJ P... Da don 10:02 PM - 11 February, 2015
Hi @Aaron E,

Can you please poke the support thread again?

So far no messages in the past 24 hours and the weekend is pretty much around the corner...

Thanks,
Serato, Support
Aaron E 2:42 AM - 13 February, 2015
Hey DJ P... Da don

I understand Nathaniel gave you a call today and the issue is now resolved?

Aaron
BleedR 12:28 PM - 14 February, 2015
Sorry guys, but this just fits ;)

9gag.com
Mean Machine 12:40 PM - 14 February, 2015
But the thing is that it had work fine for me until now... And i have NOT done any upgrade in Serato Dj.
DJ P... Da don 2:46 AM - 16 February, 2015
Hi @Aaron E,

Nope, not solved, did work during our TeamViewer session and then back to the same old 2 failed steps. At a moment thought it was fixed but nope.

- backed up my music to my NAS,
- wiped my music HDD and wiped plus performed a clean Yosemite install
- Restored music and crates.
- Serato DJ fails,

but guess this, Serato Scratch Live is able to update my crates with no issues, the one thing I've always noticed is that SSL requires elevated permissions when being installed unlike SDJ...

This is driving me crazy
Serato, Support
Aaron E 2:55 AM - 16 February, 2015
Ah, that's a pain.

I'll have a chat with Nathaniel about what to look at as the next steps.

Aaron
DJ P... Da don 3:02 AM - 16 February, 2015
Indeed, indeed, I'm about to go crazy!!!! :s

SSL brings this infamous phrase to mind, if it ain't broken don't fix it lol, yes I know that Serato DJ has a lot of new and cool features but at least some part of SSL's code could have been borrowed