Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Pro Tip: Trigger Saved Loops

2:15 AM, 5 Dec 2014
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
dj tremetreme 12:52 AM - 19 December, 2014
add
hairycary 6:24 PM - 19 December, 2014
How can I do this with a Denon MC 2000? Especially the activation.
Luis Ricardo 7:04 PM - 19 December, 2014
no lo e probado :( algun video para darme cuenta
hairycary 8:45 PM - 19 December, 2014
I'm sorry I don't know Spanish
Cauby 3:13 AM - 25 December, 2014
In DDJ SX is possible use this ?
MAXtec 12:59 AM - 28 December, 2014
Ya'll have answered my prayers 🙏
Thank you!
DJ Jimmy C 4:04 AM - 5 January, 2015
Quote:
In DDJ SX is possible use this ?
Riko Roos 2:20 PM - 8 January, 2015
To have this welcome feature even more workflow oriented, please map it the other way around:
empty pad = save
loaded pad = trigger/retrigger
shift + loaded pad = on/off
Otama 8:12 PM - 11 January, 2015
Quote:
To have this welcome feature even more workflow oriented, please map it the other way around:
empty pad = save

I agree, This would be more useful imo. More often then not I I want to trigger or jump to a loop rather than just turning it on or off.
djsgroove 5:07 AM - 17 February, 2015
Does this feature make it possible for loops to trigger automatically? What I mean or want to obtain is a workflow like this:

*Track is preset with designated loops
*Track is saved with designated loops
*Track is loaded and played and loops are triggered at designated cue or loop points

Thanks All,
Noah A. Padilla
Skrea 4:08 PM - 15 April, 2015
I found out that it works perfect on DDJ-SX until you want to trigger the loop, like on the DDJ-SR
qoute ''To jump-to or trigger a loop hold SHIFT + PAD''

DDJ-SX don't have the ''pad'' button.
I would love to have stored loops that i can trigger on the fly. Have i missed something?
Otherwise i would love a trigger button for the saved loops.
xoxo
Riko Roos 9:25 PM - 15 April, 2015
Quote:

The performance pads dude, 8 left and 8 right...
Skrea 3:27 PM - 17 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

The performance pads dude, 8 left and 8 right...

okey, yeah. But how do I then trigger on of the saved loop on the fly? Like Jump to it and it starts playing?
Riko Roos 9:02 PM - 18 April, 2015
Shift+Pad in loopmode (shift+Roll)
SHONSTARR 2:35 PM - 24 May, 2015
Quote:
empty pad = save

YO! Agree with Riko & Otama 100! Please reverse map this or give me an additional hand lol. HONESTLY! This is one of the biggest reasons I keep going back to Traktor. For a performance DJ/Controllerist having to jump loops by taking up the only other hand I have to do a shift+ function is not fluid. I don't see any benefits from having it the way it is currently mapped. Are there any?
Merka685 10:58 PM - 12 November, 2015
So is this mappable now with 1.8?
DJTyse 9:10 PM - 23 January, 2016
Riko, Otama, shonstarr....I agree 100 %. I just purchased DDJ-sr and serato dj just last night. I'm shocked! more people are not FURIOUS about this!
SHONSTARR 11:02 PM - 23 January, 2016
YO! DJTyse check out Rekordbox DJ by Pioneer it might be what you need. I was using the Vestax VCI380 which is one of the best compact controllers i've ever owned, but Serato software doesn't allow it to reach its fullest potential. So I repurchased the DDJ-SR now that Pioneer has their own software.

I still have to explore the software and play out with it more, but so far i'm impressed and it works great with the DDJ-SR. There's a free 30 day trial too.

The pluses for me are being able to add loops as hot cues, so no having to go to the loop function then have to hit shift + the pads. Your loops all there in your hot cues now. You only get 8 hot cues total instead of the 8 hot cues plus 8 loops like in Serato, but I don't need that many anyway - the convenience is what I want.

You can also name all your loops. So you actually know what you are triggering. Another big complaint I had with Serato.

Other pros for me. Working in stand alone mode is possible. It's crazy that when traveling or away from our controllers we can't fully use the software to try out new mixes, blends, etc.

If you've ever used Rekordbox you know music management is way more advanced and now with DJ added I'm able to play a lot better sets because my music is much more organized and tagged... The related track and matching features are priceless.

What else... pad efx you can control up to 8 individual pad efx on each channel which is pretty dope... The ability to set a memory cue for loops so for example I can pre set a track to automatically loop where I want to mix in at. And it's saved so every time I load that track my mix out loop can be auto triggered if I want it to. Also priceless.

I just hope Pioneer comes out with a more compact pro controller for it. I like the SR but it's still on the bigger side for me. The size of the VCI380 was perfect.

Yeah at least check out the free trial you might be impressed.

Cheers!
JOHN JOHN 10:27 AM - 17 February, 2017
I want delete loop from ddj sx with shift button and i want save loop when push one from 8 loops direct ..... Like tractor this is better way
kvnkrz 4:17 PM - 3 August, 2017
This doesn't work with the SP1.. Will a SP1 mk2 make it's way?
Can you fix the mapping of the sp1 and make it trigger saved loops.

Thanks