Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Deleting Crates

DJ Wobo 2:33 PM - 4 December, 2014
I wish that if i delete a create, that serato should prove if the tracks they are in the deleted create in other creates are still used. If not they should be delete in the whole serato-library (All) (Update Serato-library).
At this time i must delete every single track in the all-area. And if i deleted a create and if i search for tracks that i deleted before with the crate, i got dead links. This is not helpful, direct and fast:((
RodrigoVolta 5:23 PM - 4 December, 2014
Hello!!

Windows: CTRL+SHIFT+DEL in crate - delete physical file in crate and HDD, consequently delete in library.

MacOS: CMD+SHIFT+DEL in crate - same above.

CTRL+DEL: delete crate and musics that was in this crate, but not in library or other crate.

CMD+DEL: same above.

Remember that if you delete ANY music OUT OF SOFTWARE (for example deleting in MUSIC folder), Serato not will be able to find that musics again and mark it with ORANGE or RED color!!!

What I think is missing for Serato (and many things) is an intelligent system that remove from library any music deleted from hard drive and also seeking repeated songs and tell what they are and where they are for the user to choose which to keep and which delete.

Cheers!!
DJ Wobo 7:15 PM - 4 December, 2014
But i don't want to delete the original file! I want, if i delete a crate than serato should delete the entries in his own library - if the track is not in another crate!
RodrigoVolta 7:52 PM - 4 December, 2014
I do not understand the purpose of doing that. The Crate is a kind of "virtual folder". It does not contain your physical files. It makes no sense you delete a Crate and software delete the songs in the library. No software does this, nor iTunes, Traktor or VDJ!

If you imported a song to a any Crate, it is automatically added to your Serato library. For you delete the song that is in the library, click "ALL" and search for music. Finding it, select it and click CTRL+DEL or CMD+DEL and it will be excluded from Serato database, but not on your HDD!!
DJ Wobo 8:42 AM - 5 December, 2014
@RodrigoVolta
Please TRY to understand me. Shortcuts are NOT part of the prob. One more time - just 4 you:
History: I was by a serato-event @ Hamburg/Germany. I ask the Host about what i want. He told me, that if i delete a crate (I'm talking JUST about the serato-library NOT my music-library on my mac!) the tracks stay in the serato-library - just the crate is deleted.
What i want is - for example:
i have 1 track in one crate - nowhere else in another crate. If i delete the crate i want that the track ist in the library also - NOT ON MY MAC! Just in the serato library.
Today i can delete the crate but if i want that the track should be also deleted i must delete them in the all-overview. And this is not helpful.
RodrigoVolta 11:40 AM - 5 December, 2014
Hummm... Ah ok, I understand you!
Its a helpful idea. But I think that this function should be a option in SETUP for exemple, not a default!
DJ Wobo 1:12 PM - 5 December, 2014
However...it should be solved.
Konix 3:45 PM - 6 December, 2014
There are thee keyboard shotrcuts when deleting songs in crates,

Ctrl+Del = removes song from that crate only, but not any other crates or ALL... library

Alt+Del = removes song from every crate and ALL.. library

Ctrl+Shift+Del = removes song from every crate, ALL... library, and deletes song on hard drive
DJ Wobo 11:16 AM - 7 December, 2014
@Konix
Do me a favour and read the post exactly! It's NOT a post about the shortcuts. It a wish hoe serato should handle the library;)t
DJ Compiler 3:48 AM - 8 December, 2014
I think the last shortcut he posted does exactly what you want it to do though. Just select all the songs in the crate and do it. Then you delete the empty crate and all is well.
DJ Wobo 1:22 PM - 18 December, 2014
I'll test it:)