DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Yorkville LS2100P vs Two LS801Ps

5.8LTrinity 6:53 AM - 2 December, 2014
I hope you don't mind a speaker question in this forum, as I am not a forum member on any other sites.

Currently, I am running pair of EV ETX-35Ps and a pair of EV ETX-18SPs. They are fed via a DriveRack PA2.

After much experimenting, I found the best output from the ETX subs was vertically coupled. After a bit of system tuning with the DR, the system sounds great, but I still want more bass.

So I am considering selling my pair of ETX-18SPs and I am trying to decide on replacements.

Budget: $2500
Genre: Primarily prerecorded EDM
Size/Weight: No restriction
Desired output: Deep and Hard Hitting is more desirable over plain old loud.

The budget right now will allow for either two LS801Ps or one LS2100P.
With the potential to add a second 2100 later down the road.

I am leaning towards the LS2100P due to it's ability to dip 12Hz lower than the 801s and thinking the LS2100P might be the most satisfying to me. I am in love with sub-harmonic bass...but 33hz will have to do in lieu of a out of budget Bass Boss ZV28.

With any luck I will take a trip over to a Brooklyn pro audio shop this week to demo a LS2100P.

Your inputs and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Other similarly priced sub recommendations are welcomed.
pdidy 9:46 AM - 2 December, 2014
I would add 2 - 4 more EV ETX-18SP in order to maintain a mobile but scalable system.

or

wait till you have saved enough for 2 Yorkville LS2100P.
pdidy 9:52 AM - 2 December, 2014
btw, it takes about 6 EV ETX-18SP to keep up with 2 EV ETX-35P when playing bass heavy, this is why ya craving more basssss.
pdidy 10:04 AM - 2 December, 2014
didn't realize Bassmaxx changed their name hmmm......www.bassboss.com
DJSCIASCIA 1:23 PM - 2 December, 2014
Hello 5.8LTrinity. It's nice to see a fellow 13/14 GT500 owner!!!
Joee 1:53 PM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:

Other similarly priced sub recommendations are welcomed.

here another one to consider cost a little under $3,000
www.rcf.it
Taipanic 3:35 PM - 2 December, 2014
For some serious low bass start with one of these and a PL380:
jtrspeakers.com
5.8LTrinity 12:58 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:

Hell yeah brother. Nothing like a car that wants to kill you when temps are below 60...lol.....the stock tires make for a short season here in the Northeast. I gotta move south or southwest someday.

Are you a member on SVT performance?
5.8LTrinity 1:05 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
btw, it takes about 6 EV ETX-18SP to keep up with 2 EV ETX-35P when playing bass heavy, this is why ya craving more basssss.

Make sense to me. Generally speaking storage space might be a problem. Transport not a problem...enclosed trailer.

Thank you for the input guys.

I will research rcf, danley th118, and the orbit shifter.

Thanks!

Chris
DJSCIASCIA 1:35 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Hell yeah brother. Nothing like a car that wants to kill you when temps are below 60...lol.....the stock tires make for a short season here in the Northeast. I gotta move south or southwest someday.

Are you a member on SVT performance?

Yes I am. I have the same screen name but I don't post much. I'm still stock. Goodyears suck. I gotta join the mpss bandwagon.
Johnnynights 11:49 PM - 10 April, 2016
Just wanted to revive this thread

I own a ls801p and has never let me down but was thinking of upgrading to the LS2100P

Do any of you have it and recommend it?
pdidy 1:48 AM - 11 April, 2016
Quote:
I own a ls801p and has never let me down but was thinking of upgrading to the LS2100P

SO WHATS stopping you ?
5.8LTrinity 3:10 AM - 11 April, 2016
A little update from my end.

So at one point, I had two EV ETX-18SPs and one Yorkville LS2100P.

I was torn between adding two more ETX 18s and selling the LS2100P or the opposite of buying another LS2100P and selling the two EVs.

I rolled the dice, sold the Yorkville and purchased the other two EV ETX-18SPs

My current rig is a pair of ETX-35Ps and four ETX-18SPs. I usually center cluster the subs in a cube 2x2. The rigs sounds great. The power draw is idea...I can get away with one 15amp circuit. According to my Furman PL-Pro DMC I think I am seeing 8 to 12amps max on full tilt. This this setup can pretty much run anywhere.

The LS2100P was awesome! An absolute beast. It loves to be EQ'd, a little boost in the lower freqs and it comes alive. The only draw back, is the power consumption...she can pull 12amps easy. I would say one LS2100P gives the 4 ETX-18SPs a run for their money.

Most people would probably like the EVs more... especially the scalability, but me being a bass addict would prefer two LS2100Ps.

If any one is interest in my EV rig...subs or tops, or all....drop me a line. They are in primo condition with covers. Located in Northeast PA. Not terribly far from NYC or Philly.

Chris
Johnnynights 3:21 PM - 11 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

SO WHATS stopping you ?

The weight lol sometimes when i dont got help its tough
Johnnynights 3:25 PM - 11 April, 2016
Quote:
A little update from my end.

So at one point, I had two EV ETX-18SPs and one Yorkville LS2100P.

I was torn between adding two more ETX 18s and selling the LS2100P or the opposite of buying another LS2100P and selling the two EVs.

I rolled the dice, sold the Yorkville and purchased the other two EV ETX-18SPs

My current rig is a pair of ETX-35Ps and four ETX-18SPs. I usually center cluster the subs in a cube 2x2. The rigs sounds great. The power draw is idea...I can get away with one 15amp circuit. According to my Furman PL-Pro DMC I think I am seeing 8 to 12amps max on full tilt. This this setup can pretty much run anywhere.

The LS2100P was awesome! An absolute beast. It loves to be EQ'd, a little boost in the lower freqs and it comes alive. The only draw back, is the power consumption...she can pull 12amps easy. I would say one LS2100P gives the 4 ETX-18SPs a run for their money.

Most people would probably like the EVs more... especially the scalability, but me being a bass addict would prefer two LS2100Ps.

If any one is interest in my EV rig...subs or tops, or all....drop me a line. They are in primo condition with covers. Located in Northeast PA. Not terribly far from NYC or Philly.

Chris

After reading this i think i should just stick with my ls801p or maybe down the line pick up another one instead.
pdidy 3:53 PM - 11 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

SO WHATS stopping you ?

If weight is an issue the LS2100P is the last speaker you should be considering.
Taipanic 6:54 PM - 11 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

SO WHATS stopping you ?

If weight is an issue the LS2100P is the last speaker you should be considering.

or go bigger. Speakers like the Danleys & JTRs have wheels and are just tilted into vehicles, way easier than lifting the super wide LS801/2100 into a van or truck. As long as stairs are not in the picture, lol.
Joee 12:13 AM - 12 April, 2016
^^ man listen …..im good with my 55lbs rcf evox 12 15" subs

*****runs & hides*****
Johnnynights 3:48 AM - 12 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

SO WHATS stopping you ?

Dont get me wrong i can deal with like 120 lbs something like the ls801p but alone no way im able to pick up the ls2100 which is like 200 pounds i believe.
Johnnynights 3:52 AM - 12 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

SO WHATS stopping you ?

or go bigger. Speakers like the Danleys & JTRs have wheels and are just tilted into vehicles, way easier than lifting the super wide LS801/2100 into a van or truck. As long as stairs are not in the picture, lol.

Mmmm im going to look into those,yeah stairs is somewhat i problem lol
Satisfaction Sound 1:36 PM - 10 September, 2017
I have 8 ls801p plays very good. I heard the 2100p, They hit hard..but has anyone here ever compare the two side by side? Is it worth upgrading
koolieboy33@yahoo.com 6:14 PM - 19 May, 2019
I have 1 ls2100p & 2 Yamaha dxr15p & luv the set it plays pretty good