Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Pro Tip: How to lock beat grids to files

2:09 AM, 1 Dec 2014
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
RAYMIXX 5:47 AM - 5 December, 2014
I might be wrong but also wanted to add...

Say you "DO" need to re-analyze your entire library because you might of upgraded to the latest version of SDJ and you might be experiencing crashes for no reason which most likely be a corrupt file in your library since each version of SDJ treats corrupt files differently and having the beatgrid lock icon on on those tracks will not let you analyze that track at all anyways.

Just by unchecking the "Set Beat Grid" and "Set Auto BPM" next to the "Analyze Files" tab and than drag your library to the tab to get re-analyzed will not overwrite your current Beat Grids and BPM's :)
Serato, Support
Matt P 8:56 PM - 14 December, 2014
RAYMIXX,

Thats a great option there too.
ra.skill 6:17 PM - 22 December, 2014
I can't get this to work?? Is there a trick I'm missing??
Serato, Support
Matt P 7:02 PM - 11 January, 2015
ra.skill,

Hit us at support@serato.com if you are having trouble with these steps

Regards

Matt P
ra.skill 7:03 AM - 13 January, 2015
Thanks for the reply,
Managed to suss it out.... it seams you have to click precisely on the image not anywhere else in the square.
Cheers
SBC Rick Lee 12:59 AM - 7 February, 2015
this was one of the best tips I've learned today! I was wondering how to unlock and lock that Icon off my computer and wasn't sure what it was for...now I know....to lock your beat grids & bpms so they don't change the next time you open up Serato! thanks guys!!!
Dj Owe 11:51 PM - 26 October, 2015
i have found that even tho i have locked files, when i re scan id3tags in files tab it still changes the files and beatgrids on some mp4 files and especially transition files. what could be causing this?
DANGERUST 6:00 AM - 27 October, 2015
Great tip to know. I have a few I need to lock!!!
dj Navics 3:03 AM - 28 October, 2015
NICE!
Lexronn 6:28 AM - 12 August, 2016
Here is the best Beatgrid tutorial for any music youtu.be
freshadon 1:15 AM - 17 October, 2017
Question is there a keyboard short to lock beat grids? In Scratch Live when in the beat gridding editing mode, just hit the space bar and it automatically lock the grids. How can this be done in SDJ?
Lexronn 12:56 AM - 18 October, 2017
Beatgrid tutorial youtu.be