Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

library analyzation improvements

Lennon 12:39 AM - 19 November, 2014
Built in key detection would be a real time saver. Also, in the event of missing info ie: bpm, key ect; it would be nice if serato would recognize the missing fields when hitting analyze. Improve the analyzing process by preventing serato from skipping tracks.
deejdave 4:21 AM - 19 November, 2014
Quote:
Also, in the event of missing info ie: bpm, key ect; it would be nice if serato would recognize the missing fields when hitting analyze

With BPM it should NOT be empty AFTER analyzing as Serato itself adds the BPM info. In terms of other tag info you would like Serato to detect the missing info and then what? It can't exactly make up the missing tag info.
Quote:
Improve the analyzing process by preventing serato from skipping tracks.

Not sure what this means at all. Serato analyzes all tracks it is supposed to. If at any point you feel there are UN-analuzed tracks in your library press ANALYZE then there WON'T be? Not catching what needs improving there.

I think the only real suggestion you have here is to analyze the key. As it is already simple as F to do this (either by using MIK OR Keyfinder Apps prior to Serato analyzing) I can see how one would want this.
Lennon 7:02 AM - 19 November, 2014
Serato misses tracks during analysis. I do hit analyze, and serato doesn't see the tracks it's missed. It does however analyze the tracks it missed when I manually drag the track from the collection to the analyze button in the program. So, YES I think that could use improvement. The computer is meant to detect what needs to be scanned. Could it be, that I am analyzing over 3tb of tunes?
deejdave 7:12 AM - 19 November, 2014
Quote:
Serato misses tracks during analysis. I do hit analyze, and serato doesn't see the tracks it's missed. It does however analyze the tracks it missed when I manually drag the track from the collection to the analyze button in the program. So, YES I think that could use improvement. The computer is meant to detect what needs to be scanned. Could it be, that I am analyzing over 3tb of tunes?

Serato does NOT see over 3 TB of tunes. 3 TB is actually the limit.

I am looking for a link now but as far as I know < 3TB is the only way.
Lennon 7:27 AM - 19 November, 2014
Oh lol. My bad then. I guess I could filter out a lot of tunes. I really appreciate your help. The last time I used serato was 10/11 years ago. A lot of these new features weren't available! I used it for vinyl. I just got a new sz, so I am just learning how to navigate. Tonight I played on ot for the first time. Had fun, but got to get used to it haha!
deejdave 8:22 AM - 19 November, 2014
I LOVE my SZ. Great controller. I have all the cue points color coded within SDJ so I am able to tell what part of the song is what I am at without looking at the screen. Lotta cool stuff om it. ENJOY!!
vadz 6:29 PM - 19 November, 2014
don't you know - for key detection theres a FREE cool software with the best detection method:
www.ibrahimshaath.co.uk
dont forget to support this guy he did a great job!
deejdave 6:31 PM - 19 November, 2014
Quote:
(either by using MIK OR Keyfinder Apps prior to Serato analyzing)

I am sure he knows. The thing is he already HAS MIK which is superior to keyfinder. I LOVE keyfinder and DO support his work so trust I am not trying to insult. Just the new version/algorithm of MIK IS more accurate plain & simple.

I fully recommend keyfinder to all who do NO have MIK though.
Lennon 1:11 AM - 26 November, 2014
Well, serato is solid! Im liking it! Only thing, I think it would be nice to see what tracks are playing while browsing library. Also when restarting serato, the played tracks from aprevios session Iis still maked blue? Is there a way to see that by only brpwsing histories of previous sessions?
deejdave 1:45 AM - 26 November, 2014
Quote:
I think it would be nice to see what tracks are playing while browsing library.

Very possible. Just look up at the track playing..............
Quote:
Also when restarting serato, the played tracks from aprevios session Iis still maked blue

Click clear played tracks in the "history" tab.
Quote:
Is there a way to see that by only brpwsing histories of previous sessions?

Sure search the (as mentioned above) "history" tab.
dizzyrocks2001 11:04 AM - 26 November, 2014
Quote:
Well, serato is solid! Im liking it! Only thing, I think it would be nice to see what tracks are playing while browsing library. Also when restarting serato, the played tracks from aprevios session Iis still maked blue? Is there a way to see that by only brpwsing histories of previous sessions?

You might want to read the user's manual.
Murkster-Dubez 5:24 PM - 26 November, 2014
BPM detection still needs improvement.
djchrisL 11:54 PM - 27 December, 2014
+1
DJ Arries 1:20 PM - 30 December, 2014
+1
deejdave 8:07 PM - 30 December, 2014
Out of curiosity it would be interesting to see what kind of music is being played. As in what genres seem to be OK here and which are not.

I do all genres and I notice Reggae & Latin music are more often than not the culprit of most of my file related issues. I always just associated it with it coming with the territory. The files are often tagged incorrectly (if tagged at all) the BPM fluctuates. The sound is all off. The volume fluctuates. LOL You know pretty much anything that CAN be wrong with a music file. Reggae (soca, calypso, dance hall, etc.) is the worst with this for me.