DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Which Laptop stand 2014?

BIGG BEAR 10:00 PM - 16 November, 2014
Have resisted using a laptop stand for years,but I'm getting older and getting a sore neck and back,its time to get one,I need one that folds and height adjusts any ideas please?
Lanif 12:07 AM - 17 November, 2014
I'd recommend the crane laptop stand.
Great adjustment possibilitys but not the cheapest though.

www.cranehardware.com
Mr. Goodkat 1:37 AM - 17 November, 2014
i like these

www.sweetwater.com
DJ Jonasty 4:17 AM - 17 November, 2014
I don't really like my crane stand. I still prefer the cheap old odyssey stands.
pdidy 6:41 AM - 17 November, 2014
I've pretty much used them all but nothing satisfies me with a solid foundation like my mixer case.

i26.photobucket.com
Niro 7:01 AM - 17 November, 2014
Really digging the new crane elite.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:24 AM - 17 November, 2014
Been using 2 of these for a month now and it's rock solid!! www.herculesstands.com
Little bulkier then my crane stand but every bit as solid!
pdidy 10:17 AM - 17 November, 2014
DJ Val-BKNY11203 2:18 PM - 17 November, 2014
Quote:
I don't really like my crane stand. I still prefer the cheap old odyssey stands.

Odyssey L Stand M clamped on to my case works perfect.
KayPlaya 6:08 PM - 18 November, 2014
On the contrary I love my crane stand and its versatility, never liked those odyssey stands
DJ Unique 4:40 AM - 23 December, 2014
Beautiful 'Candy Cane' Crane Stand.
Compliments of AGI Pro DJ & Crane.
www.facebook.com
myndgruv 11:48 PM - 23 December, 2014
i love my crane. I have 2 of the older ones and am getting the new one soon. They are solid as a rock
RAYSH 12:14 AM - 24 December, 2014
Hate the odyssey ones unless you're doing the whole set up yourself and bringing all your gear and you have plenty of time and space to set up

I'm always setting up in a rush and so if I know I'm gonna have zero time and space I'll bring my uber stand.

If I have a little bit of time to fiddle around I'll go with the crane elite
Joee 12:29 AM - 24 December, 2014
this one actually works well for being cheap
www.ebay.com

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj MacMillz 1:26 AM - 25 December, 2014
Quote:
this one actually works well for being cheap
www.ebay.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

I've got this stand, it's pretty good. Very easy setup/breakdown

I'm not hammering on the laptop when using and it's a 13' MBP, so it's not too heavy. I've stacked 2 on there before (closed).
Pete Input 3:25 AM - 25 December, 2014
Magma Riser.
Jensen Määäm 6:31 PM - 25 December, 2014
Best laptop stand in 2014?
The same one as last year and the same one next year: Crane Stand Pro, best stand on the market, point blank, do yourself a favour an buy one, you won't regret it.
Joshua Carl 6:19 AM - 29 December, 2014
Quote:
Best laptop stand in 2014?
The same one as last year and the same one next year: Crane Stand Pro, best stand on the market, point blank, do yourself a favour an buy one, you won't regret it.

Co-sign

instagram.com
instagram.com
DJ Nexus2000 4:12 AM - 3 January, 2015
I have 4 stands to from Jam Stands and two from On Stage Stands and they work great!
BigWave DJ 8:44 PM - 3 January, 2015
I like this one. Plus it comes with its own case.!

www.gatorcases.com
Mr. Goodkat 1:07 AM - 4 January, 2015
Quote:

www.gatorcases.com

its a steal at $450.
DJ Unique 2:48 AM - 4 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

www.gatorcases.com

its a steal at $450.

LOL... but at least it well protected in that lightweight case.
dj jamalot 6:48 PM - 4 January, 2015
Quote:

www.gatorcases.com

That's the clunkiest heaviest stand i've ever seen that things a beast.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:25 AM - 5 January, 2015
Has anybody tried that Monoprice stand?

www.monoprice.com
DJ Unique 6:33 AM - 6 January, 2015
Quote:

www.monoprice.com

What???
Looks like a copy of the Crane.
Jensen Määäm 8:56 PM - 6 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

www.monoprice.com

What???
Looks like a copy of the Crane.

A copy? More a cheap knock off.
The Crane stand has 2 bars going up instead of one, it's more stable!
The crane stand has one leg instead of the 2 which are maybe not so easy to control, as the move individually.
You can use the crane stand in different positions, adjust the angle and the hight, that means it is way more versatile than this or other cheap knock offs. On top it is well built. What more can you ask for? If you buy a crane stand pro you won't need another one in your life. Case closed.
d:raf 12:28 AM - 7 January, 2015
Quote:

www.monoprice.com

I have one; even after tightening as much as I could there's a fair bit of sideways play at the two joints (where the silver knobs are) both at the bottom and where the part that holds the laptop connects to the bar. As a result I only use it at home.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:37 AM - 7 January, 2015
Quote:
I have one; even after tightening as much as I could there's a fair bit of sideways play at the two joints (where the silver knobs are) both at the bottom and where the part that holds the laptop connects to the bar. As a result I only use it at home.

Good to know - thanks - I was wondering if they got the design near the quality or build of the crane stand - you get what you pay for but better than a milk crate I guess?
d:raf 3:41 AM - 7 January, 2015
Smaller definitely. But more stable? Not so much... lol
DJ SL1 5:31 PM - 2 September, 2016
These seem to all be regurgitation's of crane stands. The Uber stands used to fall and are too unstable they come with a zip tie to keep it from falling the oddessy stands i give them away when i run across them to much hassle and headache and they still have play when u tighten them down. I never even close them they are so much headache. My crane stand I bought when they first came out paid top dollar compared to what they sell for now (almost 3x the price) and I tell you it was money well spent the thing is still running strong at least 7 years. (the clamps seem to not have as much fine tuning as before but it still works) I think I want to try one of the newer ones.
myndgruv 12:21 AM - 28 October, 2016
I have 2 of the older crane stands and the new elite one as well. All 3 work amazing.

They are the best stand on the market IMO. Not even close.
Mr. Goodkat 3:05 AM - 28 October, 2016
still like these ultimate support ones www.sweetwater.com
goldarn 6:37 PM - 31 October, 2016
I'm selling 4 crane stands. cheap ;)
DJ SL1 6:54 PM - 31 October, 2016
Quote:

Which ones and why are u selling
DJ SL1 6:56 PM - 31 October, 2016
Quote:
These seem to all be regurgitation's of crane stands. The Uber stands used to fall and are too unstable they come with a zip tie to keep it from falling the oddessy stands i give them away when i run across them to much hassle and headache and they still have play when u tighten them down. I never even close them they are so much headache. My crane stand I bought when they first came out paid top dollar compared to what they sell for now (almost 3x the price) and I tell you it was money well spent the thing is still running strong at least 7 years. (the clamps seem to not have as much fine tuning as before but it still works) I think I want to try one of the newer ones.

Update: my friends new designed crane stand with the screw on ends to tighten and loosen they got cross threaded and left his new stand useless he had to use my old crane stand.
goldarn 10:25 PM - 31 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Crane stand pro, I have 6 of them. :)
DJ SL1 11:07 PM - 31 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Crane stand pro, I have 6 of them. :)

Y
goldarn 1:00 AM - 1 November, 2016
I've accumulated stuff over the years and never got rid of anything. I've decided to clean house.
DJ SL1 6:37 AM - 1 November, 2016
But how do u accumulate the same shit over and over
pdidy 7:46 AM - 1 November, 2016
Quote:

Good question, I was wondering the same damn thing....lol
DJ BroMoney 1:58 PM - 1 November, 2016
Quote:
Update: my friends new designed crane stand with the screw on ends to tighten and loosen they got cross threaded and left his new stand useless he had to use my old crane stand.

Crane stands come with a lifetime warranty (or a limited lifetime), which helps solve issues like this. I never had an issue with my elite but I made sure to buy from an authorized retailer so Crane can honor the warranty. They're usually pretty good with warranty stuff.
DJ SL1 2:58 PM - 1 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Crane stands come with a lifetime warranty (or a limited lifetime), which helps solve issues like this. I never had an issue with my elite but I made sure to buy from an authorized retailer so Crane can honor the warranty. They're usually pretty good with warranty stuff.

I never said anything about their warranty I'm sure most all the stands have warranty. But where is the warranty when it fails you when you are performing. Luckily I had a bunch of zip ties laying around.
goldarn 12:13 AM - 2 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Good question, I was wondering the same damn thing....lol

haha, good question. Easy answer though - when vendors give you (DJ with visability / following) stuff. One time, the vendor had full luggage and didn't want to try and cram it in, so he handed it to me.
goldarn 12:15 AM - 2 November, 2016
For the money, they really are the best. I've never had a failure of the device, only a failure to tighten it properly once. Cranes are simple and get the job done.
max the mech pilot 7:15 PM - 2 March, 2017
Hi there guys, I'm in the process of designing a laptop stand for an AS Level product design course and I was wondering If anyone had any suggestions about how I should do this, Features to include, Key point ect.

thanks. Max