DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

clean mode...sound crazy??????

Dj Metro 4:59 PM - 5 May, 2006
clean mode..........what do you guys think....cue the bad words in the song and it will autoreverse......sound crazy or not.........??????????
JayB1200 6:37 PM - 5 May, 2006
yeah that would be tight, i mentioned that in feature suggestions
Julls 6:50 PM - 5 May, 2006
I think we would be many many many years away from that!
Spelunk 9:03 PM - 5 May, 2006
It wouldn't be that hard to do, but you might as well just do it yourself if you're gonna go to the effort of setting all the cue points anyways.
Julls 9:53 PM - 5 May, 2006
So this should work for clean mode right? img407.imageshack.us
Dj KaGeN 11:02 PM - 5 May, 2006
My thinkin is this, you need a clean verison - make one with soundforge. Why ask a software company to make more options that only cause more overhead to the program?

Capture the swear word, invert it, and cut/paste it over all the naughty other ones... Probably take you just a little longer to hunt them out and PASTE over them, as it would to hunt them and tag them.
punosion 11:25 PM - 5 May, 2006
Quote:
My thinkin is this, you need a clean verison - make one with soundforge. Why ask a software company to make more options that only cause more overhead to the program?

Capture the swear word, invert it, and cut/paste it over all the naughty other ones... Probably take you just a little longer to hunt them out and PASTE over them, as it would to hunt them and tag them.

You know, I thought that an auto-reverse thing would be really neat, but now I'm thinkin' otherwise...why NOT just put it into some simple wave editing software? I suppose it'd be nice if you could do it on-the-fly, but not completely necessary...
Dj KaGeN 11:30 PM - 5 May, 2006
give us an inch - we're gonna want a mile.
Keep Rane focused, they are doing a great job. Sony and other manufactores have already moved mountains in audio software editing.
punosion 11:43 PM - 5 May, 2006
Quote:
give us an inch - we're gonna want a mile.
Keep Rane focused, they are doing a great job. Sony and other manufactores have already moved mountains in audio software editing.

Yep--they're getting real easy to use, and you could do a variety of pre-processing instead of a simple reverse.