DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Chief Keef Threatens To Shoot Up NJ Because Cats Tried To Snatch His Chain....

DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:53 PM - 6 October, 2014
Chief Keef again flexes his skills on the production tip in new song “Faneto.” Sosa’s sophomore album must be on its way as he feels the urge to bang on something in his latest single.

The target of Sosa’s shots is the Garden State as he raps, “I’m riding through New York/I’m finna shoot New Jersey up/Tryna take my chain, ain’t goin/We gone come and blow New Jersey up.” -

See more at: kollegekidd.com

So, you can bet no NJ DJ's are playing his joints anymore....

So he's basically BANNED from NJ, until further notice....

Not to mention, he probably put a price on his OWN head IF he DOES try to come thru again....
RonDu 3:34 PM - 6 October, 2014
Dudes don't be thinking. They let their emotions get the best of them. They ain't built for this. Now he gotta watch his back from Jersey cats up in the Chi too.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 3:37 PM - 6 October, 2014
I'm glad to say I don't even know what a Cheef Keef song sounds like.
Joee 3:47 PM - 6 October, 2014
Quote:

i'm wit you, i don't have not one of his songs i just took a quick listen to bang horrible
DJ GaFFle 3:52 PM - 6 October, 2014
Quote:
Dudes don't be thinking. They let their emotions get the best of them. They ain't built for this...

This is the problem when you're raised by women w/ no father or positive male role model in the home. Women are emotional creatures and they pass this trait on to the young "men" they're failing to raise properly. Not 100% the case but this dude and the yung'ns like him are a problem.

{{{ goes back to read to his 6 month old son }}}
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:54 PM - 6 October, 2014
yawn
dj_soo 1:22 AM - 7 October, 2014
that song is pretty terrible.
 6 1:24 AM - 7 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

i'm wit you, i don't have not one of his songs i just took a quick listen to bang horrible

+1

nm
DJ Quartz 2:52 AM - 7 October, 2014
What did I just listen to??
djdalite 4:52 AM - 7 October, 2014
gawwd current hip hop is becoming the death of me - terrible
selectajay 5:06 AM - 7 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Dudes don't be thinking. They let their emotions get the best of them. They ain't built for this...

This is the problem when you're raised by women w/ no father or positive male role model in the home. Women are emotional creatures and they pass this trait on to the young "men" they're failing to raise properly. Not 100% the case but this dude and the yung'ns like him are a problem.

Amen!..
selectajay 5:12 AM - 7 October, 2014
Is this serious or what!??

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:14 AM - 7 October, 2014
Quote:
Is this serious or what!??

Watchwww.youtube.com

Yep....
djdalite 4:10 PM - 7 October, 2014
FL responds to jersey and keef - Watchwww.youtube.com
Mr. Goodkat 5:22 PM - 7 October, 2014
Quote:
This is the problem when you're raised by women w/ no father or positive male role model in the home. Women are emotional creatures and they pass this trait on to the young "men" they're failing to raise properly.

stereotypical and ignorant. just what we've come to expect from the great gaffle.
selectajay 7:30 PM - 7 October, 2014
Quote:
FL responds to jersey and keef - Watchwww.youtube.com

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
my thoughts exactly..
DJ SPAIR 4:15 AM - 8 October, 2014

What happened to the east coast???? All these rap guys are rhyming like their from ATL.
Mr. Goodkat 4:29 AM - 8 October, 2014
except for white guys lol

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Irv 2:25 PM - 8 October, 2014
Quote:

What happened to the east coast???? All these rap guys are rhyming like their from ATL.

ATL is part of the East Coast but, I know what you mean.
4mydawgz 3:41 PM - 8 October, 2014
Quote:

it's easy to rap that way than to actually put thought and lyrics into your music.
DJ SPAIR 8:33 PM - 8 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

True! I just think it's funny how much California and ATL have influenced the Tri State areas. These guys are crips rapping over down south beats. I remember in the 90s New Yorkers use to shit on Californians. Things done changed!
DJ GaFFle 9:09 PM - 8 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

True! I just think it's funny how much California and ATL have influenced the Tri State areas. These guys are crips rapping over down south beats. I remember in the 90s New Yorkers use to shit on Californians. Things done changed!

More like the 80s. The west coast came up and came alive in the 90s.
MPC O.G. 3:09 AM - 9 October, 2014
White kids like it. Kids on molly like it. It's easy to mix. All you need is a hook. That's why everybody sounds the same. JUST MY OPINION. PLEASE DON'T GET INTO YOUR FEELINGS!
DJ Remix Detroit 4:19 AM - 13 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

hit the nail on the head... glad I'm not the only one who sees this.
DJ Remix Detroit 4:27 AM - 13 October, 2014
The Breakfast Club gave him the Donkey of the Day...lmao

Watchwww.youtube.com
RonDu 2:00 PM - 13 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

it's easy to rap that way than to actually put thought and lyrics into your music.

^^^^ That.... *dapz*
DJ Remix Detroit 7:37 PM - 13 October, 2014
another masterpiece:
Watchwww.youtube.com(url%3A%20https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DDdL_e7CtNJA)
Thundercat 8:55 PM - 13 October, 2014
Breakfast Club knows what's up. They started listing off places I don't go. And I'm from Jersey. Hell I get jittery when I see those towns just listed on a sign on the highway.

I start sweatin' and blood starts comin' out my nose...
Every twenty seconds got me peepin' out my window
Mr. Goodkat 10:21 PM - 13 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

you can roll over to the middle east, they're pretty much on board with these dated views.
DJ Remix Detroit 3:00 AM - 14 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

you can roll over to the middle east, they're pretty much on board with these dated views.

oh god, another PC femi-nazi....lol
Mr. Goodkat 4:02 AM - 14 October, 2014
Quote:

no thats just not scientifically proven on any level. thats like saying black people cant swim. it wasnt like there werent emotional people when there were 2 parents around. Most of that stuff is genetic. of course theres a certain amount of socialization but y'all are dealing in generalizations with no science behind it. Its like an old man telling young guys how they are all p#ssies and didnt even go to war or the service. but if you can change my mind with some actual science, im all ears or eyes.
DJ Remix Detroit 4:17 AM - 14 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

no thats just not scientifically proven on any level. thats like saying black people cant swim. it wasnt like there werent emotional people when there were 2 parents around. Most of that stuff is genetic. of course theres a certain amount of socialization but y'all are dealing in generalizations with no science behind it. Its like an old man telling young guys how they are all p#ssies and didnt even go to war or the service. but if you can change my mind with some actual science, im all ears or eyes.

so you don't see the general difference between men and women? women generally being more emotional? men being more analytical and rational?.... of course not all, but generally speaking.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:28 AM - 14 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Science that women are more emotional or that growing up without a male figure in the household has a negative effect on a child?
Mr. Goodkat 4:47 AM - 14 October, 2014
science that women raising kids is going to make them more emotional. Just because dad is in the house, doesnt mean dad cares or is home and spends time with little dude. In the same way some kids without fathers have uncles or grandfathers around too.

He said, "Women are emotional creatures and they pass this trait on to the young "men" they're failing to raise properly.'' I'm not sure if science or common sense validates this statement.

i do see the difference between some women and some men. But Ive seen super sensitive, meek straight guys and super cold ass, loudmouth straight women(not going into the gay sterotypes since we are talking about making kids)
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:49 PM - 14 October, 2014
Quote:
But Ive seen super sensitive, meek straight guys and super cold ass, loudmouth straight women(not going into the gay sterotypes since we are talking about making kids)

Just because exceptions to the rule exist does not make his assertion any less valid. Theres alot if evidence, both biological and sociological, that support his claim.
Mr. Goodkat 4:43 PM - 14 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
But Ive seen super sensitive, meek straight guys and super cold ass, loudmouth straight women(not going into the gay sterotypes since we are talking about making kids)

Just because exceptions to the rule exist does not make his assertion any less valid. Theres alot if evidence, both biological and sociological, that support his claim.

well theres the internet, point to this biological and sociological evidence. if there is 'a lot', where is it?
DJ Remix Detroit 5:46 PM - 14 October, 2014
Quote:
well theres the internet, point to this biological and sociological evidence. if there is 'a lot', where is it?

www.ncjrs.gov

"The Journal of Research in Crime and Delinquency reports that the most reliable indicator of violent crime in a community is the proportion of fatherless families. Fathers typically offer economic stability, a role model for boys, greater household security, and reduced stress for mothers. This is especially true for families with adolescent boys, the most crime-prone cohort. "

www.photius.com

you can start with these.
Mr. Goodkat 6:29 PM - 14 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

www.ncjrs.gov

"The Journal of Research in Crime and Delinquency reports that the most reliable indicator of violent crime in a community is the proportion of fatherless families. Fathers typically offer economic stability, a role model for boys, greater household security, and reduced stress for mothers. This is especially true for families with adolescent boys, the most crime-prone cohort. "

www.photius.com

it says nothing about 'Women are emotional creatures and they pass this trait on to the young "men" '
PopRoXxX 6:33 PM - 14 October, 2014
Lol! This guy ^^^
PopRoXxX 6:34 PM - 14 October, 2014
I feel Bezz is warming up his brain right now
DJ Remix Detroit 6:47 PM - 14 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

www.ncjrs.gov

www.photius.com

it says nothing about 'Women are emotional creatures and they pass this trait on to the young "men" '

C'mon Mr. Poli-sci, dont tell me you need help connecting the dots on this one too. Lol
Mr. Goodkat 6:59 PM - 14 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

www.ncjrs.gov

www.photius.com

C'mon Mr. Poli-sci, dont tell me you need help connecting the dots on this one too. Lol

i was replying to one quote. thats how you do it. its not a shotgun type system, its a rifle. otherwise you get broad, ambiguous theories.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:07 PM - 14 October, 2014
Quote:
I feel Bezz is warming up his brain right now

rotflmao
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:34 PM - 14 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

www.ncjrs.gov

www.photius.com

Ok, before we begin I'd like to make sure I know what your saying. Are you disagreeing that women are more emotional than men or that that attribute is passed onto the child they raise....or both?
DJ SPAIR 10:17 PM - 15 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You sure about that??

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ GaFFle 12:46 AM - 16 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You sure about that??

Watchwww.youtube.com

I actually misread what you originally wrote. I thought you were saying East coast rappers/music schitted on the West coast rappers/music in the 90s. I was just pointing out that the West coast was on it in the 90s... not so much in the 80s Ice T. / Egyptian Lover / Arabian Prince era.
slimmjimm 1:23 AM - 17 October, 2014
Wait.

Is that actually A SONG??!?!?
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:11 PM - 21 October, 2014
m.xxlmag.com

theres that
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:32 PM - 21 October, 2014
Yep...

Exclusive: Chief Keef Dropped By Interscope Records

AllHipHop News Exclusive) Rapper Chief Keef has been quietly dropped from Interscope Records.

The separation occurred about two weeks ago, a source said.

Earlier this year, matters began to sour with Chief Keef, his camp and the bosses at Interscope. Our source maintains Interscope began to “subtly disassociate” itself from the 19-year-old rapper after he had a series of legal cases sprout up in 2013 and 2014, ranging from lawsuits to drug offenses. He also went into rehab for an addiction to lean, an illegal drink that mixes promethazine and codeine. A March 2014 shoot out in Chicago, which authorities linked Keef to, allegedly further damaged the relationship with Interscope.

After that, the Chicago rapper relocated to Los Angeles in a new mansion this past summer in an effort to change the energy surrounding his life. The move not only got him away from his troubled roots in Chicago, but much closer to his label. This is where sources say the tension intensified.

“Keef and his people tried to keep the label accountable (once Keef moved to Los Angeles) but Interscope didn’t seem interested in dropping a new album. Keef’s team tried to have formal meetings but nothing moved,” an anonymouse source told AllHipHop. Additionally, there was some left over bad blood stemming from how Chief Keef’s first album was marketed and promoted.

Insiders say friction intensified until there were arguments with higher-ups in Interscope over how Keef’s career was being handled. Shortly thereafter, Keef was quietly released from his contract, sources said.

Furthermore, Keef has a new album that will probably be put out next year through his own imprint label Glory Boyz Entertainment.

Chief Keef was signed to Interscope Records in 2012 and in December released his first commercial album, Finally Rich. The album only pushed about 50,000 units even though Keef’s persona,public awareness and popularity would seem to warrant more sales. Today, Finally Rich still has not moved over 200,000 copies.

Representatives for Interscope Records were not immediately available to comment.

allhiphop.com
DJ GaFFle 10:02 PM - 21 October, 2014
Queue in more Chief Keef controversy. Without the label push, publicity (good or bad) is needed to keep him relevant just in time for his new "music".
DJ Remix Detroit 2:15 AM - 23 October, 2014
Quote:
Queue in more Chief Keef controversy. Without the label push, publicity (good or bad) is needed to keep him relevant just in time for his new "music".

Lol. He used "chief keef" and "relevant" in the same sentence. How cute.
DJ GaFFle 12:59 PM - 23 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Lol. He used "chief keef" and "relevant" in the same sentence. How cute.

Kind of ironic but watch... if dude's money or popularity starts to decline, new troubles will brew with him or his crew.
Thundercat 11:00 PM - 23 October, 2014
Just noticed the change from Aaliyah to Chaka Khan. Any significance other than a change of look Gaff? Either way a worthy image.
DJ GaFFle 11:18 PM - 23 October, 2014
Quote:
Just noticed the change from Aaliyah to Chaka Khan. Any significance other than a change of look Gaff? Either way a worthy image.

Just switching it up. Yeah, she's very worthy and I'm just paying a little tribute to her and her beauty.
DJ GaFFle 1:00 AM - 29 October, 2014
I wonder if Chief Keef had the same sort of "audition" for Interscope: www.worldstarhiphop.com
AKIEM 1:50 AM - 29 October, 2014
Quote:
I wonder if Chief Keef had the same sort of "audition" for Interscope: www.worldstarhiphop.com

seen it done.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:51 PM - 29 October, 2014
Quote:

That has to be the saddest thing I've seen yet...
AKIEM 4:14 PM - 29 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Yup.

Somebody took ur place :)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:24 PM - 29 October, 2014
Quote:
Somebody took ur place :)

Don't quit your day job...

Oh wait....
pdidy 7:52 PM - 29 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

ive watched some of the craziest shit imaginable on the Internet but that disgusted me so much I had to turn it off.
Mr. Goodkat 8:13 PM - 29 October, 2014
if yall watch kanye at facebook, a few forum members might kill themselves. now where is that video.......
Joee 8:22 PM - 29 October, 2014
^ post it
Joee 8:22 PM - 29 October, 2014
link please
selectajay 8:28 PM - 29 October, 2014
My only question is.."who would actually Pay $$ to go see a performance like that?"..certainly not me..another reason why my love for this rap garbage is none..smh
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:41 PM - 29 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ive watched some of the craziest shit imaginable on the Internet but that disgusted me so much I had to turn it off.

Heres my question though, he falls into that soulja boy camp of people who caught fame doin a dumb dance to a dumb song on youtube....what would you expect his audition to be other than doin the dumb dance to the dumb song in person?
Mr. Goodkat 9:49 PM - 29 October, 2014
Quote:
^ post it

aaaaright you ......

Watchwww.youtube.com

NSFW
Joee 10:14 PM - 29 October, 2014
i was waiting for him to fall of the table
pdidy 1:13 AM - 30 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
^ post it

aaaaright you ......

Watchwww.youtube.com

NSFW

NOT EVEN CLOSE, I didnt expect too but i actually enjoyed that.

When i see the Bobby "audition" vid all I see is this.....Watchwww.youtube.com
d:raf 8:44 AM - 30 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

It kinda reminded me of this: youtu.be
RonDu 5:58 PM - 30 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I cringed when I saw this. Looking like a modern day minstrel show. And just look at the type of audience there that will be giving the thumbs up for this to be played on urban airwaves.

*Unfortunately, I do like the Hot N*ggaz track though.
AKIEM 6:43 PM - 30 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I cringed when I saw this. Looking like a modern day minstrel show. And just look at the type of audience there that will be giving the thumbs up for this to be played on urban airwaves.

*Unfortunately, I do like the Hot N*ggaz track though.

smh @ this mf likes that minstrel show shit tho
d:raf 6:55 PM - 30 October, 2014
Also, this: Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ GaFFle 9:40 PM - 30 October, 2014
Quote:

Correction... it's shminstrel show. ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

I thought this was a good read but I know it'll fall on some deaf/dumb ears: allhiphop.com
Joee 9:48 PM - 30 October, 2014
"Shminstrel Show? Should We Feel Sorry For Bobby Shmurda?"

in short! is he making money? if so NO!
AKIEM 10:19 PM - 30 October, 2014
I feel sorry for him. To me he is a misguided youth who probably knows no better. All the feedback on his 'audition' is maybe growing him up real quick - probably not tho
AKIEM 10:22 PM - 30 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I thought this was a good read but I know it'll fall on some deaf/dumb ears: allhiphop.com

yup
RonDu 3:16 PM - 31 October, 2014
I don't see anything wrong with liking a little bit of bafoonery and ignorance. I like my KRS, Public Enemy and Immortal Technique but at the same time I like my Mobb Deep, M.O.P. and Hot N*ggaz (that song only). Get real people.... Y'all ain't that Holy...
AKIEM 3:35 PM - 31 October, 2014
Difference is (not even excusing negativity) I don't think mob deep, mop, fit the description 'bafoon'.

Then again, maybe they do? Maybe it depends on whos perspective.
selectajay 3:35 PM - 31 October, 2014
Actually i was expecting this style of audition..My bad!

Watchwww.youtube.com

i guess I'm old and outdated lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:36 PM - 1 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It kinda reminded me of this: youtu.be

I also drew correlation to that very same vid in another discussion, and it comes down to the fact that there were some who actually evaluated what "Talent" was, versus a company looking to EXPLOIT you and your kind to cash a check...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:38 PM - 1 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

That is a VERY good read.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:47 PM - 1 November, 2014
Don't get it twisted, there are at least 2 things to take into consideration here.

Have we "outgrown" this music, or view it as our parents did ours?

Seriously, how many of your PARENTS co-signed the HipHop (or whatever Rebel music) you listened to? Didn't they always say, "That ain't REAL music"....

So we have to establish if we're just not really appreciative of this kid's "art", as our parents weren't appreciative of ours...because a LOT of cats dig this type of stuff..

Also. now you have to look at who is "Co-signing" this from a corporate level. Usually there would be an 'Urban Group/Token" to really review this type of stuff and interpret the "Good" from the "Bad" to eventually come up with what is considered talent that they should put their money behind. Nobody there is evaluating his "Talent", they're laughing at him inside waiting to cash a check on his back.

Remember we had our "Radicals" too... Flava Flav, Public Enemy, NWA, Beastie Boys, Onyx, etc..etc..

We LOVE DMX, but if you listen to his LYRICS, what's he saying?

Who determines what's Hot and what's not?

Kids can put out a vid, and their FOLLOWING will determine that...all they have to do is show how many "Likes" they get, and the corporations translate that into money....
Mr. Goodkat 10:02 PM - 1 November, 2014
Quote:
Have we "outgrown" this music, or view it as our parents did ours?

Seriously, how many of your PARENTS co-signed the HipHop (or whatever Rebel music) you listened to? Didn't they always say, "That ain't REAL music"..

ive been trying to say this as one old guy to another. im not as old as you, but it was no difference than when i was kid and 2 live crew and nwa were coming out. every time i read post saying this or thats garbage, its just sounds like an old crotchety man saying get off my lawn. if it were up to some of you, we'd still be doing the wop and wearing those african leather medallions.
RonDu 3:39 PM - 3 November, 2014
The problem here is balance. There is no balance on the radio/video shows so if all the old schoolers, like myself, only hear coon music that's all we have to go by. This is FAR more different than our days coming up in Hip-Hop. There were more parents then who actually liked Hip-Hop than there are now. Yeah, some people beefed because they felt that Hip-Hop was taking away from musicianship- No live instrumentalists, no singing, etc. They felt that if you weren't playing an instrument then it wasn't music. If you weren't stressing vocal chords than it isn't music. However, if Soul Train was still around and as valid as it was do you think Shmurda would be performing like P.E. did? Could Young Jeezy be performing there talking about brick pushing like LL did talking about how bad he was? I didn't see Luke or NWA on Soul Train either (and I like them too). American Bandstand - you had Run DMC, LL again, Kurtis Blow and I think a few others. These are grown folks who approved of these artists being on these shows so this means grown folk DID like Hip-Hop music. That goes to show that it is more than people getting old and getting out of touch with the music. Don Cornelius was old and liked a lot but not all of the Hip-Hop that came out. The coon music was a minority and the positive music was a majority. Let them kill some Joey Bad@ss, Lecrae, or Little Brother on the radio and you will see how much older folks like Hip-Hop. And yes, call me a hater or whatever if your vocab is limited but the majority of this music is garbage. It is what it is and YES it is different from what was out when we were growing up. Not saying there was no coon music back then but today it has reached a new level and it is running AND ruining commercial Hip-Hop.

I reiterate- the majority of the music is garbage
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:35 PM - 3 November, 2014
Quote:
The problem here is balance. There is no balance on the radio/video shows so if all the old schoolers, like myself, only hear coon music that's all we have to go by. This is FAR more different than our days coming up in Hip-Hop. There were more parents then who actually liked Hip-Hop than there are now. Yeah, some people beefed because they felt that Hip-Hop was taking away from musicianship- No live instrumentalists, no singing, etc. They felt that if you weren't playing an instrument then it wasn't music. If you weren't stressing vocal chords than it isn't music. However, if Soul Train was still around and as valid as it was do you think Shmurda would be performing like P.E. did? Could Young Jeezy be performing there talking about brick pushing like LL did talking about how bad he was? I didn't see Luke or NWA on Soul Train either (and I like them too). American Bandstand - you had Run DMC, LL again, Kurtis Blow and I think a few others. These are grown folks who approved of these artists being on these shows so this means grown folk DID like Hip-Hop music. That goes to show that it is more than people getting old and getting out of touch with the music. Don Cornelius was old and liked a lot but not all of the Hip-Hop that came out. The coon music was a minority and the positive music was a majority. Let them kill some Joey Bad@ss, Lecrae, or Little Brother on the radio and you will see how much older folks like Hip-Hop. And yes, call me a hater or whatever if your vocab is limited but the majority of this music is garbage. It is what it is and YES it is different from what was out when we were growing up. Not saying there was no coon music back then but today it has reached a new level and it is running AND ruining commercial Hip-Hop.

Translation: GET OFF MY LAWN!!
Mr. Goodkat 7:47 PM - 3 November, 2014
you call it 'coon music' just like racist people called it then, just like they call it now. I'll never understand how old guys or djs, think somehow they have the right to tell people whats right or wrong about style and fashions of today, when you have no interest in said subject. Get over the fact that things changed in 20 years. Get over the fact that music is relative and everybody has a different interpretation of whats good or bad. Is ATCQ better than young thug? probably. does it mean i wanna hear 'luck of lucien' for the 50,000th time more than i wanna hear 'lifestyle' when im out one or two times a week? nope. Do i want to hear the new rappers you mentioned trying to sound like something that was made in the 90s? nope. no matter how close it sounds to the 90s? nope.

you act like there are no 'grown folk' that like current hip hop. grown dj's not so much. but plenty of all races that listen to current hip hop. unless by grown folk you mean +50, i'm talking about 30+. If you wanna listen to old hip hop or dj those nights, thats cool, i personally would love to be able to play the beatnuts and boot camp clik and dj premier based projects 5 nights a week, but lets get real, its not gonna happen and its only getting older. NO one was playing old school when we were around. No one when i was coming up in the 90s was playing curtis blow and treacherous 3 over the beatnuts or alkoholiks. It wasnt like we hated, those artists, but we were playing current music. The new stuff is current music, kids want new stuff, and it may be 'coon' to you, but thats just bizarre using a racist term to disrespect black cultures music. i mean, you could say its ignorant or stupid, but 'coon'? thats some true brainwashed attitude type sht.
DJ GaFFle 8:35 PM - 3 November, 2014
Quote:

You make some good points in there... I also need to put myself up on more Joey Bad@ss and other underground artists for my personal listening.
RonDu 8:54 PM - 3 November, 2014
Quote:
you call it 'coon music' just like racist people called it then, just like they call it now. I'll never understand how old guys or djs, think somehow they have the right to tell people whats right or wrong about style and fashions of today, when you have no interest in said subject. Get over the fact that things changed in 20 years. Get over the fact that music is relative and everybody has a different interpretation of whats good or bad. Is ATCQ better than young thug? probably. does it mean i wanna hear 'luck of lucien' for the 50,000th time more than i wanna hear 'lifestyle' when im out one or two times a week? nope. Do i want to hear the new rappers you mentioned trying to sound like something that was made in the 90s? nope. no matter how close it sounds to the 90s? nope.

you act like there are no 'grown folk' that like current hip hop. grown dj's not so much. but plenty of all races that listen to current hip hop. unless by grown folk you mean +50, i'm talking about 30+. If you wanna listen to old hip hop or dj those nights, thats cool, i personally would love to be able to play the beatnuts and boot camp clik and dj premier based projects 5 nights a week, but lets get real, its not gonna happen and its only getting older. NO one was playing old school when we were around. No one when i was coming up in the 90s was playing curtis blow and treacherous 3 over the beatnuts or alkoholiks. It wasnt like we hated, those artists, but we were playing current music. The new stuff is current music, kids want new stuff, and it may be 'coon' to you, but thats just bizarre using a racist term to disrespect black cultures music. i mean, you could say its ignorant or stupid, but 'coon'? thats some true brainwashed attitude type sht.

If I had a brainwashed attitude I would be going hard-bodied on supporting this music like you presently are. I call it what it is- coon music. And expand your vocabulary a little because my usage of the term "coon" is not racist. I use "n*gga" everyday, my n*gga. Is that racist too? Whatever. And you're speaking as though I don't like the garbage that's out. I do like some of it. I play all of it . And on the realz, I'd rather hear retards spitting garbage rhymes that don't rhyme and talking about calling other dudes "bae" than hearing Saigon dropping science or Immortal getting political when I am in the club grinding on chicks. It is what it but it is still garbage. Junk food is garbage. But best believe I'll murk a box of chocolate frosted donuts and double chocolate devil's cake. See the analogy? Or maybe you don't. Wouldn't be surprised.

And I'm not sure which parties/clubs you attended in the 90's or what kind DJ's you spent your time listening to but those artists you listed were mainstays. The DJ's I grew up on kept foundation in the crates. And they played it along with Onyx, Blackmoon, Wu etc.That's why this generation is lost now. They have no foundation. Look at the reggae/dancehall and rock community. They run their classics ALL THE TIME. Doesn't matter HOW OLD or "dated" they may sound. Gotta keep the youth educated.

In closing, I would never disrespect something that I live and breathe every day all day; Hip-Hop. So your statement is rather mute on that point. However, I WILL speak up when I feel Hip-Hop is being disrespected as it is now.

P.S. The majority of rap music out on the radio is garbage. Doesn't mean I hate it.
Mr. Goodkat 9:12 PM - 3 November, 2014
why would you like garbage in any form?
RonDu 9:13 PM - 3 November, 2014
Who doesn't? I am human.
RonDu 9:14 PM - 3 November, 2014
I wise enough to call it what it is though
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:16 PM - 3 November, 2014
Quote:
why would you like garbage in any form?

Quote:
Who doesn't? I am a racoon.

fixed
Mr. Goodkat 9:18 PM - 3 November, 2014
you like it? you like it. you don't like it? its garbage and i'm mad about it. its garbage and im not mad at it?

why even have an opinion? seems extremely frustrating.
RonDu 9:29 PM - 3 November, 2014
Quote:
Junk food is garbage. But best believe I'll murk a box of chocolate frosted donuts and double chocolate devil's cake. See the analogy? Or maybe you don't. Wouldn't be surprised.

Unfortunately, but not surprisingly, it is safe to say many didn't see it.

Gracefully is how I am bowing out.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:41 PM - 3 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Junk food is garbage. But best believe I'll murk a box of chocolate frosted donuts and double chocolate devil's cake. See the analogy? Or maybe you don't. Wouldn't be surprised.

Translation: Get off my lawn and Im KEEPING your football.
DJ Remix Detroit 1:14 AM - 4 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Lol... Its like trying to teach calculus to pre-schoolers, they'll never get it man. That was a great analogy though.
Mr. Goodkat 2:57 AM - 4 November, 2014
calculus to preschoolers, lol. you guys never got past basic math.

if you hate it that much, why listen to it at all, or why play it at all?

you aren't on message boards saying how garbage and awful chocolate frosted donuts or fast food are now are you? You aren't a chef thats cooking and eating proper food/desserts, but is secretly heading to the bodega/conv. store to scoop some up while you have delicious, well made cakes at home.

you are a dj that has the opportunity to never play it or go hear it, but yet all you do is talk down on it. Thats why its ridiculous. Its money, and maybe thats all you can do for money(play music you hate), but why? why do it? why make money on something you think is garbage and so atrociously done in bad taste? Why not just take gigs to play the classics that you actually like and get a day job? Why, is because you really don't hate it that much, its just some gen X nostalgia posturing that is easily recognized by a little self introspection.
RonDu 5:39 AM - 4 November, 2014
Ok, I thought I was done but like Malcom X it's hard for me to let foolishness prevail knowing I have the potential to destroy it

Dude, apparently your reading comprehension skills leave much a lot to be desired. Please put in quotations where I stated I hated it, por favor. Take your time. I'll just go and find a site to troll on and spew nonsense like you do while I wait for it.....

Quote:
P.S. The majority of rap music out on the radio is garbage. Doesn't mean I hate it.

That right there pretty much trumps your whole rant. Now run ya pockets

Again, your elementary and junior high school has failed you because you don't seem to get what I am saying. I am stating facts. If I throw a rock at a pack of dogs the one who got hit barks. You're barking very loud right now. If you have a fifth of an ounce of sense how can one not talk down about this music? If you don't see anything wrong with it then you are one of them, which is part of the problem. Are you not able to decipher this or do you just like seeing the words you type get placed onto internet history for eternity? Come on yo, I refuse to believe that you are one of them. Call a spade a spade.

And like most DJ's I have a day job, my friend, and am fortunate enough to not have to take every gig that is offered to me. This has been a hobby/ passion since back when they were selling Albums/LP's at Korvettes. Watchwww.youtube.com
Don't get it twisted, shun. I play what I want to play and/or what I get paid to play. Depends on the situation.

If you can comprehend my departing words below, possibly and finally it will all make sense to you...

Dj-M.Bezzle 7:30 AM - 4 November, 2014
Quote:

you aren't on message boards saying how garbage and awful chocolate frosted donuts or fast food are now are you? You aren't a chef thats cooking and eating proper food/desserts, but is secretly heading to the bodega/conv. store to scoop some up while you have delicious, well made cakes at home.

you are a dj that has the opportunity to never play it or go hear it, but yet all you do is talk down on it. Thats why its ridiculous. Its money, and maybe thats all you can do for money(play music you hate), but why? why do it? why make money on something you think is garbage and so atrociously done in bad taste? Why not just take gigs to play the classics that you actually like and get a day job? Why, is because you really don't hate it that much, its just some gen X nostalgia posturing that is easily recognized by a little self introspection.

I agree that its garbage and I dont like it BUT finding gigs where you dont have to play it isnt always possible. Where I live even grandparents anniversary partys, sweet 26s, and class of 1920 reunions are all demanding young thug and migos.
Mr. Goodkat 9:02 AM - 4 November, 2014
Quote:
I agree that its garbage and I dont like it BUT finding gigs where you dont have to play it isnt always possible.

i get it, its money, but i don't get why you guys have jobs and still want to go beat yourself down?

YOur saying you dj music you don't like so much you rant about it on music/dj forums, but also don't hate enough to still dj and party to(?????!???).
DJ Remix Detroit 11:04 AM - 4 November, 2014
Quote:

not implying that RonDu hates it (because he clearly said he didn't, which is the point you entirely missed)... but if everyone lived by your perspective... the majority of america would not be working. millions of people don't like certain things about their jobs, but they continue to get up every morning and go to work. I'm pretty sure you will run into police officers that hate dealing with idiots all day long, but a lot of them will probably tell you they still don't have a problem patrolling the streets and dealing with bad guys, hell, some may even still be patient about going to work.

Quote:

smdh... horrible attempt at an analogy...carry on sir
Logisticalstyles 2:04 PM - 4 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
I agree that its garbage and I dont like it BUT finding gigs where you dont have to play it isnt always possible.

i get it, its money, but i don't get why you guys have jobs and still want to go beat yourself down?

YOur saying you dj music you don't like so much you rant about it on music/dj forums, but also don't hate enough to still dj and party to(?????!???).

None of us older DJs are claiming to be perfect DJs that only play righteous music, but you have to draw the line somewhere. For a lot of us Chief Keef crosses that line. Just because I might play a T.I. song doesn't mean I have to play all of the other crap out there. I personally like Young Jeezy, especially his older music, but that doesn't mean I have to automatically like and play Young Thug. And if I don't like it that doesn't mean it's because I'm old. It could be that just maybe the song is truly Garbage. You do realize that it is possible for a young person to put out garbage music. You can't hide behind the "old people don't get it" line all of the time.
Mr. Goodkat 7:09 PM - 4 November, 2014
Quote:
You can't hide behind the "old people don't get it" line all of the time.

yet only old dudes are the ones that consistently post their animosity toward the music on this board. and by old i mean 30+, which i'm part of that group.
DJ Remix Detroit 11:38 PM - 4 November, 2014
Quote:
yet only old dudes are the ones that consistently post their animosity toward the music on this board. and by old i mean 30+, which i'm part of that group.

and the young cats are the ones who consider someone stating an opposing opinion as "animosity", "hating", "arguing", etc... lol
AKIEM 1:29 AM - 5 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

and the young cats are the ones who consider someone stating an opposing opinion as "animosity", "hating", "arguing", etc... lol

lol - u be doing that too
DJ Remix Detroit 7:22 PM - 5 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

lol - u be doing that too

who me? never dat son.... i encourage debates and exchanges of opinions and ideas....i don't call it hating or "arguing".
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:04 PM - 7 November, 2014
lol
Hassle 8:48 PM - 7 November, 2014
n*ggas old as hell try to get their rappin on, standin in the club lookin like a damn chaperon.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:36 PM - 8 November, 2014
:-/