2:43 AM, 30 Sep 2014
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
DJ Loso! 1:14 AM - 8 October, 2014
Sweetness.
DJ-AL 1:37 AM - 8 October, 2014
Bad asss little mixer super dope
Love it 👍👍
DJ Stoyvo 1:37 AM - 8 October, 2014
Release notes? I'm really hoping for a fix for the library slowness and search freezing SDJ
DJ-AL 1:38 AM - 8 October, 2014
U did it again and again akai dope!!!
DJ-AL 1:40 AM - 8 October, 2014
Am getting one of this for sure another one for my list Dj world!!
Serato, Support
Scott S 1:55 AM - 8 October, 2014
Hi DJ Stoyvo,

The release notes are in the blog post above. No bug fixes regarding the specific issue you are having, but the cause of this issue may be a few things.

Please contact the support team if you are having technical issues, they should be able to sort you out :)

support.serato.com

Regards
djmapp 4:43 AM - 8 October, 2014
That was Dope!!!!
Ragman 6:11 AM - 8 October, 2014
One more week...
Dirk DJ 7:52 AM - 8 October, 2014
I would like to upgrade to Serato 1.7.1 but after downloading the mac needs to be upgraded to a payable version of ios or maverick. I could lose everything on my hard drive doing so.
Would like to learn more about flip etc but I 'm not convinced that my mac will still work, and will I still have all the maps in my labrary?
dj bizznizz 8:52 AM - 8 October, 2014
Can't wait!!!!!!
Garychapman2005 10:33 AM - 8 October, 2014
DJ Stoyvo Im having a problem with the screen slightly freezing when typing in the search box! Only happens with version 1.7. The 1.6.3 is fine.
FehCandiani 12:24 PM - 8 October, 2014
And yet no update for my pionner ddjwego2 , await response!
Guerrilla Stoemp 12:26 PM - 8 October, 2014
Nice!
Concerning the AMX, Is the upgrade to DVS also necessary if you already have an SL box? (SL4 in my case)
FehCandiani 12:27 PM - 8 October, 2014
and yet no update for my pionner ddjwego2 , await response
DJ Loso! 1:56 PM - 8 October, 2014
Quote:
Nice!
Concerning the AMX, Is the upgrade to DVS also necessary if you already have an SL box? (SL4 in my case)

I believe an SL boxes (except SL1) are DVS ready in Serato DJ without paying extra.
TealONE 2:32 PM - 8 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Nice!

I believe an SL boxes (except SL1) are DVS ready in Serato DJ without paying extra.

They are, ofc. But i dont think you can connect both, the SL boxes and the AMX at the Same time. Next point is, AMX is not a hardware mixer, so you cant just use your SL box and use the AMX just as a standalone mixer.

So as far as i understand the whole thing, you need a DVS license to use the AMX with turntables.
DJ Loso! 2:37 PM - 8 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nice!

They are, ofc. But i dont think you can connect both, the SL boxes and the AMX at the Same time. Next point is, AMX is not a hardware mixer, so you cant just use your SL box and use the AMX just as a standalone mixer.

So as far as i understand the whole thing, you need a DVS license to use the AMX with turntables.

Yes that makes sense. If you want to use the AMX you have to pay to unlock the DVS for the device as the blog article states "A fully supported Serato DJ controller and a DVS capable mixer with the purchase of our new DVS Expansion Pack."
Edwin Altamirano VDJ 3:33 PM - 8 October, 2014
Hi Serato Look, Only 3 things i will like to chance PLEASE ..
1.- On Numark NS7 II FIX play because when push play with motors ON dont starts good .....
2.- Please on Numark MIXTRACK QUAD each hotcue have diferents colors on Numark NS7 II all hot cues are RED fix this please .....(This depends of you because i made it work mapped diferents colors hotcue on Virtual DJ )
3.- Open all Resolution Video Playback because if i put a video more than 720x480 SERATO DJ Close down ....On Video need a lot of help PLEASE .....

Att:
Edwin Altamirano VDJ
Quito-Ecuador
Serato, Support
Matt P 4:59 PM - 8 October, 2014
Dirk DJ,

Quote:
I would like to upgrade to Serato 1.7.1 but after downloading the mac needs to be upgraded to a payable version of ios or maverick. I could lose everything on my hard drive doing so.
Would like to learn more about flip etc but I 'm not convinced that my mac will still work, and will I still have all the maps in my labrary?

Mavericks is a fee upgrade for Mac users. I migrated from snow leopard a while back, which skipped 2 paid updates. So you should be straight. Definitely recommend backing up before updating an OS though. Serato DJ reads the same library info as Scratch Live too.

Regards

Matt P
Serato, Support
Matt P 5:02 PM - 8 October, 2014
Quote:

Yes, that is correct.

The SL boxes unlock the software when connected, the AMX needs the upgrade if you wish to use it with DVS. The upgrade is $99us and combined with the $250 approx price point of the AMX it is still the cheapest option for a DVS set up with Serato software.

Matt P
Edwin Altamirano VDJ 5:06 PM - 8 October, 2014
Hi Serato Look, Only 3 things i will like to chance PLEASE ..
1.- On Numark NS7 II FIX play because when push play with motors ON dont starts good .....
2.- Please on Numark MIXTRACK QUAD each hotcue have diferents colors on Numark NS7 II all hot cues are RED fix this please .....(This depends of you because i made it work mapped diferents colors hotcue on Virtual DJ )
3.- Open all Resolution Video Playback because if i put a video more than 720x480 SERATO DJ Close down ....On Video need a lot of help PLEASE .....

Att:
Edwin Altamirano VDJ
Quito-Ecuador
Stuart Thomson 7:37 PM - 8 October, 2014
I saw this Akai mixer at BPM and fell in love with it...could work well in my UDG gig bag as it is dinky as hell too.
Blade_Bwoy 2:03 AM - 9 October, 2014
Wow big things does comes in small packages. But you will still need to master your gear..
djsmileyinthemix 2:19 AM - 9 October, 2014
What is the dvs for? I keep hearing about it, do I need it? I use technics turntables, I really dont know what dvs is used for
DJMIYAGI 5:29 AM - 9 October, 2014
Quote:
What is the dvs for? I keep hearing about it, do I need it? I use technics turntables, I really dont know what dvs is used for

DVS (digital vinyl simulation/system) allows you to use your turntables or CD players to control Serato software with their NoiseMap vinyl or CDs. If you have an approved Serato ready interface/mixer/controller (some controllers require a paid upgrade for DVS capability) you can utilize DVS to manipulate playback of your audio files on your computer as if you would on regular records or CDs(bend, scratch, mix, etc.)
Thyroxine 7:19 AM - 9 October, 2014
Still no key change ability :(
Deejay Steve 12:20 PM - 9 October, 2014
A few things I would like to see fixed in the next version

1. SDJ not writing to file (tags). Especially genre tab which results in 'other' coming up as a genre
2. Files not deleting in Mavericks, removed from SDJ but not deleted from hard drive
3. When I hit browse tab some of the genres are doubled, ie house is there twice!!?? (amongst others)
4. Scanning new files is painfully slow, seems to stop for no apparent reasons then speeds up when it feels like it
4. Sound quality is not great, some tracks sound scratchy through SDJ, Lucenzo Ft Don Omar - Danza Kuduro is one example. (Even on my friends PC)

I'm not complaining but these issues need to be resolved before hardware additions in my opinion.
I'm running MacBook Pro 15'' Mavericks with 8Gb ram, SSD hard drive so my machine is more than fast enough to run without the above issues.
BTW I use an external hard drive via Firewire 800 as that works best for me.

I personally wouldn't recommend everyone to upgrade to Mavericks as I believe some of the above issues are due to the new OS although the scratchy sound is across platforms as well as PC. I can delete files from hard drive using SDJ & iOS 10.6.8

Stephen
DEEJAYREAL 12:54 PM - 9 October, 2014
Super dope,I'm gonna get one.
DJStevieP 6:42 AM - 10 October, 2014
Look at that long list of bug fixes =P
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 4:19 AM - 11 October, 2014
This was a minor release StevieP, look out for the fix list in the next update coming soon :)
BLACK LOVE 1:18 AM - 14 October, 2014
fall in love
press 2:29 AM - 14 October, 2014
3-6 month wait time on shipping for these...
I've got both the AMX and AFX on order,
Won't see them until well into next year though.
DJMIYAGI 5:25 PM - 14 October, 2014
Quote:

They should ship in Nov
Ragman 8:53 PM - 14 October, 2014
Quote:

You need to find another dealer. Mine is on backorder until early November.
EAZY 10:24 AM - 26 October, 2014
Just got my AMX i like it but i wish they had installed a better sound card for the headphone out put...
dj3sixty 11:06 PM - 5 December, 2014
have problem with serato video 1.7 and akai amx
i cant seem to change the video transtion and also searto video option cant see the video preview
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:02 PM - 7 December, 2014
Hi dj3sixty,

If you are having problems it would be best to open a Help Request with our support team so we can help you resolve the issue. You can start a help request by clicking on the link here > support.serato.com

Regards
dj marvin69 5:47 AM - 1 August, 2015
I just got 1 but I cant git it to work with my denon dnd 5000
dj marvin69 5:48 AM - 1 August, 2015
what to do
dj marvin69 5:48 AM - 1 August, 2015
Quote:
I just got 1 but I cant git it to work with my denon dns 5000