Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Midi Mapping for Tempo Adjust/Pitch Bend

socal13 5:52 AM - 6 September, 2014
I use a Mixtrack Edge as my main controller and use and LPD8 and have desired controls mapped out on it. I'd like to be able to use the pitch bend/adjust tempo without having to mess with the jog wheels/platters. Mapping it out to one of the knobs on the LPD8 would be much easier for me.
Bobby B 9:39 PM - 6 September, 2014
@Socal13,

It's totally possible that you can do that. I tried experimenting with it when I tried mapping my Kontrol X1 as a third deck option in SSL and I was able to to do use a knob to get tempo or the pitch fader to absolutely match. With the pitch bend no joy there!!! But still trying to find a work around for that!!!!
socal13 8:33 PM - 8 September, 2014
@Bobby B

I've seen it mapped in SSL but I'm using SDJ and haven't been able to find a way to map the tempo or pitch fader mapped.
Bobby B 8:57 PM - 8 September, 2014
Still the same way to map it and like I said still experimenting but I think what I have read so far is that in SDJ you have yo use Notes instead of the default CC config
nikodb 1:48 PM - 9 September, 2014
It is possible even on CC config through SDJ MIDI mapping...Just make sure that when you are to map...to be on SDJ INTERNAL mode, otherwise the tempo sliders and pitch bend buttons on the software will not show on screen...

Cheers
Nik
socal13 6:27 PM - 10 September, 2014
Thanks for the Help.
Bobby B 1:59 PM - 19 September, 2014
Quote:
It is possible even on CC config through SDJ MIDI mapping...Just make sure that when you are to map...to be on SDJ INTERNAL mode, otherwise the tempo sliders and pitch bend buttons on the software will not show on screen...

Cheers
Nik

Cool Thanks will give it a try!!

Quote:
Thanks for the Help.

Anytime Man, Glad I could help.
Oscar C 1:25 PM - 25 January, 2017
How is "Midi Mapping for Tempo Adjust/Pitch Bend" done on the Serato DJ 1.9.5? I want to use < and > on my DJ 808 mixer for pitch bend.
Mr Wilks 11:26 AM - 2 February, 2017
Quote:
How is "Midi Mapping for Tempo Adjust/Pitch Bend" done on the Serato DJ 1.9.5? I want to use < and > on my DJ 808 mixer for pitch bend.

Put each deck into internal mode and you'll see the +/- appear under the pitch slider on screen. You can map it there.

Just drop it back into REL or ABS after you've mapped.
Oscar C 1:01 PM - 2 February, 2017
Great thank you.
Mr Wilks 1:49 PM - 2 February, 2017
Quote:
Great thank you.

No worries! It's the good things about these forums... we're here to help each other.
Oscar C 2:01 PM - 16 September, 2018
Was this option removed in Serato DJ Pro? I can't custom map pitch bend/adjust tempo like I could in Serato DJ?
Mr Wilks 8:22 PM - 16 September, 2018
Quote:
Was this option removed in Serato DJ Pro? I can't custom map pitch bend/adjust tempo like I could in Serato DJ?

You may need to change the screen display to 2 or 4 deck mode as the 'extended' mode may have it missing.

I'm thinking it maybe the case from memory.
Oscar C 5:31 AM - 17 September, 2018
Thank you Mr Wilks, good suggestion but unfortunately that didn't work. Please try for yourself since maybe I overlook something. TIA
Mr Wilks 7:13 AM - 17 September, 2018
Quote:
Thank you Mr Wilks, good suggestion but unfortunately that didn't work. Please try for yourself since maybe I overlook something. TIA

Sorry Oscar. I'll give it a go later when I'm back home as I'm away at the moment. Hopefully I'll be able to help once I've saw the layout again.
Mr Wilks 7:14 AM - 17 September, 2018
Internal mode "INT" maybe the option.
Oscar C 12:02 PM - 17 September, 2018
Mr Wilks, thank you for checking.