Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

USB drop out light (yellow/red)

Mikkel Thomsen 1:27 AM - 4 September, 2014
Hi serato guys

In the start i was disappointed that the usb drop out light flash really easy...

Now i see that in alot of your videos, as example the flip walkthrough, the light also flashes both yellow and red all the time...

In scratch live when the usb light flashed, you could be expect a Sound dropout any second after....

How is it in serato DJ... What does the yellow/red light tell you.. ??

I have a brand new macbook pro retina 13" 2,8 GHz i7 and 8 gb ram so the computer should could run anything.. Serato DJ, serato video, pitch'n'time and flip...

Regards mikkel
Philmixit 3:13 AM - 4 September, 2014
I don't know what is going on ,the BETA version 1.7 works for me ,just tracks drop out.
Now the 1.7 release version not so good, I am using a Imac with 2.9 GHz intel Core i5
Memory 24 gb 1600 MHz ddr3.
The orange and red light comes on and goes off on , I got flip, and Serato P'NT DJ yesterday.
may be all of this is coursing the CPU to go up higher! Need help Serato.

And when the CPU goes up higher it make a funny song.
Philmixit 3:14 AM - 4 September, 2014
I am use in the NS7 2.
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:28 AM - 4 September, 2014
You best off hitting up support on this --> support.serato.com
dj zaza 7:03 AM - 4 September, 2014
I get lucer red / orange when you open the program and rest the pins on the vinyl. This also happens when you change the side of the disc. The only way to not AVEE this problem of drop-out is set to 20ms latency on Serato 1.6.3 this does not happen, I opened a call for help. If voleto see the video, you can do it in this post.
serato.com
dj zaza 7:07 AM - 4 September, 2014
this only happens in version 1.7.0, and beta, that official
dj zaza 7:10 AM - 4 September, 2014
sorry I was wrong link.
this is the correct serato.com
boabmatic 8:47 AM - 4 September, 2014
Serato had stated in the beta area that the threshold that triggers the red/yellow light is lower in SDJ compared to SSL so its more sensitive and will appear more in SDJ but alot of the time you will not get an audio dropout.

They stated that they were looking into changing the threshold value in future builds but was not going to make it into the 1.7.0 release.
boabmatic 8:53 AM - 4 September, 2014
here is the post about it..

serato.com