Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

problem with the cue button

miguelatino2010 10:04 PM - 30 August, 2014
i got a problem i don´t know where i can get it,or how sort it a problem i got with pioneer ddj sr,which i use with serato dj,the thing is
When i loaded a song on the left deck,after i loaded another song on the right deck,after i have pressed the cue button,and after that when i had playing a son,for some reason,when i pressed cue,in the same time,it was playing the song which i had on the right deck,some one had a problem like this,how can i sort it please
Mike Kraze 5:42 AM - 1 September, 2014
bump

The problem he is having:

-He has a song playing on Deck B.
-When he cues the track (via Cue button) on Deck A it restarts the song on Deck B (and continues to play), as if the Cue button is mapped to both Decks.
miguelatino2010 5:05 PM - 1 September, 2014
yes is true mate what u said about my problem
marksuresh 10:29 AM - 18 October, 2014
Hi all, I'm having the same problem with my ddj-sr....is it a serato issue or a problem with my ddj-sr
Serato, Support
Micah G. 2:33 AM - 22 October, 2014
Hey guys,

Hit up the support team, and we can look into this for you. Start a help request here - support.serato.com

Micah
Dan_Adams 3:26 PM - 1 December, 2014
Hi, has this issue ever been resolved? Having the exact same problem with a DDJ-SR unit and not getting anywhere with the suppliers repair centre. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
SHANE123 10:37 PM - 4 December, 2014
well mine had the issue and i started to use it and not use the cue button and the effects button on that side...then all of a sudden one day i felt curious i tried them and it began working perfectly...i believe it could have been a moisture situation with my unit and after a while it dried out...or just gremlins
Its.Byrd.Man. 10:23 PM - 28 March, 2015
how did u guys solve this problem???
what was causing the cue button issue???
its the weekend, im still awaiting answer from tech support, can anybody help a brother out with some advise on how to resolve this issue???
i just want to mix and enjoy my saturday.
thanx!!!
HarrisonC 11:09 AM - 1 April, 2015
Hi mate well thank the lord someone has the same issue as me. Basically I bought my sr controller last year and into the first couple of months started getting bad interference with sound like white noise and also this cue button issue same as yours . My Sr was sent for repair came back the sound was better and the cue issue resolved until 3 week later the same cue issue came back so I messed around with certain settings spoke to pioneer and they said sounds like a software issue . So I updated my serato to 1.7.1 and it seemed like it had gone but just recently started again I'm now up to version 1.7.3 . but same issue happening . its weird. I can still mix but on deck A just don't press que . Its such a pain can serato help and resolve the issue ???
HarrisonC 4:21 PM - 2 April, 2015
I'm replying to say iv sorted the issue . its a faulty USB lead I got with the controller buy another one preferelby one with a bobble on it as that is a conductor . Also optimise your laptop theres rups on serato and also I found on you tube . now my lnotebook laptop is as reliable as a Mac oooooosh . hope my advice helps dudes !!!
HarrisonC 8:09 AM - 4 April, 2015
Whoops its done it again goes through phases of working then just malfunctions can you help serato ??!!
Tommy Luxton 11:02 AM - 7 April, 2015
Hi guys,

I started suffering the same problem but I think it's related to the buttom/symbol with the two little down arrows which is at the 1 o'clock position on either side of the virtual deck wheel on the main Serato interface....

I don't know what the button does but it seems to control this issue of deck A cue affecting deck B.

Cheers,
Declan 7:40 AM - 4 November, 2015
Has anyone remedied this problem? Very frustrating.

- Declan
Melly 1:09 PM - 13 November, 2015
I have the same problem now after upgrading to serato 1.8 . It was occurring once before with serato 1.7.3 and 1.7.6 After checking the controller with midi ox, it was conclusive that the problem was a software based issue. I then updated java and flashed the controller's driver and it started to work fine. Now the same problem is happening again. M on the search for a permanent solution.
Dj Clevert CR. 2:20 AM - 18 November, 2015
Same problem with 2 different DDJ SR, but i have the problem since controller was connected to another computer and use with Virtual dj.I sell mine was ok using Macbook,buyer connected to PC toshiba and used with VDJ and boommmm.Problem begun.
If there something in common with it? Virtual Dj has something that made this problem???
Mixdeck Express, LPD8, Serato DJ - HARPER 6:33 PM - 7 December, 2015
Hi All, I am having the same issue with my DDJ-SR. I am running Serato DJ and Windows10, 4GB memory. The thing I dont get is this only affects the left deck. The right deck works fine. Also is there a way to reset the DDJ-SR to factory default...
Luis Pinto 3:06 AM - 20 January, 2016
It's 2016 and I just got home from a gig with this exact problem. Sr. with Windows 8, serato 1.8.0 and 1.7.8 both have the same problem - left cue.

As you can understand, what I want to do right now is change to traktor and another controller and forget about serato and pioneer DDJ-SR.

TWO FREAKING YEARS AND THIS STILL HAPPENS?
DJ Tecniq 4:39 AM - 20 January, 2016
Not sure if it will help but are all of you on the latest firmware for the SR? If you aren't chances are your controller will be buggy as shit👌🏻💯
Luis Pinto 10:10 AM - 20 January, 2016
I know I am.
Karloff 10:40 AM - 20 January, 2016
dont but pioneer controllers and mixers. they're not built to last.
Luis Pinto 10:47 AM - 20 January, 2016
'Dont but"?

Gee, that's a really great advice! Have you reached that conclusion by yourself or did your mom help you?

Come on, if have nothing to say shut up.
Karloff 10:49 AM - 20 January, 2016
i have an sr before. my friends got sx and sb. cdj2000nxs and djm350. they are all kaput now.you are just buying the name but the quality sucks!
Karloff 11:07 AM - 20 January, 2016
before, i was a pro pioneer. i love it because of the name. when i bought the SR. my group of friends bought other pioneer controllers,cdjs and mixer. we're so happy because the way the pioneer name sells. we even printed pioneer shirt to boast the name. but as we go along, manifestation of problem arises. and for 2 years, all our pioneer equipment are already dying.
so. i can say to you that what i have learned about this pioneer products. dont wait that it will happen to you too. jm2c
Luis Pinto 11:12 AM - 20 January, 2016
Ok, I'm sorry I was stupid in replying. But I was irritated when I got home from a nightmarish night (the music failed three times) and saw that it was a known problem since 2014.

I have latest drivers, checked with two serato versions, did a reboot, and nothing.

There was, last saturday, one time when the music stopped but at the time I thought that I did push the wrong button or something like that. Now I know it was this problem starting to arise.
Steve Forward 10:47 PM - 22 January, 2016
you can all relax and be safe in the knowledge that you are not alone with this "cue button" triggering deck B problem..

I bought my DDJ-SR from whybuynew in Colchester, Essex, England in 2014 to DJ at some hotels, along with a brand new laptop i5 8GB ram. As I build my own machines and am pretty savvy with tech stuff, I stripped the win8.1 machine right back, and made lots of tweaks, the thing flies.

not one single problem.. right up until the 1 year warranty expires.. :)

However, I digress.. Jan 9th this year, I was booked to play a 50th party... I go to cue up the next track on Deck A ( I use Virtual DJ 8.1 ) and BAM!, right there, Deck B's cue button starts too..

I tried 3 different USB cables, a different laptop, Virtual DJ 7.4, and Serato and Rekordbox DJ. it does the exact same thing.. but it gets worse..

I got back from the gig (jan 9th) and it was doing the same thing here in my studio. It seems to only mis-behave once it's been running for like 2 hours or more. Other times it happens straight away. Maybe a short/component somewhere ?

Currently the unit is at Cosmic Electronics, Brentwood, England, an authorised Pioneer repair centre.. they have had the unit for 4 days now, and today (fri 22nd jan 2016) they sent me this reply...

Hi Steve,
We've been struggling trying to chase down the issues with this SR. we've found that something is knocking out the button matrix and as a result the left deck can cause something to activate on the right deck but the right deck is also activating functions on the left deck. Its just a matter of trying to track down the offending component. I will put all my efforts at it again tomorrow morning and hopefully have an update for you with a solution.
Kind Regards
Toby

So at the moment I am using Traktor Scratch A6 with Timecode CDs on my old CDJ1000mk3's whilst it's being repaired (got to say I am loving it.. but missing the DDJ-SR lots.. )

I am sorry to say guys, that it does actually seem that Pioneer's foray into the world of controllers is fraut with problems. the tech guys there have had stacks upon stacks of returns of DDJ-SR,SX,SB units. such a shame, as they look and feel great.

I am sorry for the long winded answer, but for weeks I have been googling this issue and this forum has come up, and as I am a Serato user (it came with the DDJ-SR) but I use another DJ program ( sorry to name names of other programs ) I felt the need to respond to this forum thread with my story, just really to help you guys and say, "yeah, its happening everywhere.."

Pioneer are focused on their Rekordbox DJ program now with their own set of controllers, and the last firmware they released was in 2014, which I am on. I have tried everything before sending it in for repair, both software tweaks, and replacement cables etc..

funny thing is.. my brother owns a mixtrack pro quad (which I got him 2 years ago) and he uses it for full on club gigs as a residency.. not once. not once has the unit gone wrong, glitched or crashed..

Maybe I'll just pick up a Mixtrack Pro 3 as a backup, I have the NI Audio 2 mk2 card which is very handy, but I miss the tactile nature of all in ones.. going back to CDJs/Timecode is nice, but its like the dark ages, and its like spaghetti junction.

sorry, again, for the ramble, its my first time posting on here, probably my last.

If you would like to know what the problem is with the DDJ-SR (if they find it) then maybe you can get your local Pioneer tech center to repair yours too...

just google my name - Steve Forward and hit me up on facebook,

Hope this helps anyone whos having this issue..
Steve Forward 1:00 PM - 23 January, 2016
just an update on my previous posting -

Here is what the Pioneer approved centre said was wrong with my unit -

Your item has been repaired. Please find the following information on your item.
:: USB - Working
:: Button Test - All switch okay
:: Pad Test L - Working LED and touch
:: Pad Test R - Working LED and touch
:: JOG Wheel L - Working touch and rotation
:: JOG Wheel R - Working touch and rotation
:: LCD Test - N/A
:: LED Test - All illuminate okay
:: POT Test CH 1 - All work
:: POT Test CH 2 - All work
:: POT FX CH 1 - All work
:: POT FX CH 2 - All work
:: FDR Test - Working ch 1 & ch 2
:: Pitch FDR Test - Working + & - no defects
:: CRS FDR Test - Working
:: MIC 1 - Wokring
:: MIC 2 - N/A
:: Headphone - Working
:: Booth - Working
:: Master Out RCA - Working
:: Master Out JACK - Working
:: Tested: Service modes and Serato DJ
:: Firmware - VER1.07 (to date)

As you can see from the above results the unit has passed its functionality tests. We found the fault to be due to 2 x LED's on deck board A. We replaced these and have not come across any cross over functions. We've further ran this up on Serato DJ and everything it functioning okay. Costing for this repair is as follows:

-----
- I will be collecting it this afternoon and (admittedly apprehensive) taking it to my show tonight and tomorrow.. I will have an ipad mini running DJay 2 on it as backup with the sets prepared as playlists, and will be carrying my CDJ1000mk3's in the car too as emergency backup.

- no digital gear is immune from failure, so as a precaution, I am taking 2/3 backups of playback gear with me from now on, as opposed to just one.

- let it be known, I am far from Tiesto, I am a working musician and mobile DJ, who just plays one track after the next reading the crowd, and occasionally slips in a few beat-matched hed kandi and 90s funky house tracks.. but I love what I do, and I need gear that just works.

if the gear fails on me this weekend, I will just simply sell the unit and get something else. its the name really that drew me.. this and the fact that my CDJ1000mk3's are completely bomb proof!
DJ Tecniq 11:06 PM - 23 January, 2016
^ wait so you had to pay for the repair? Or was this fixed on their part?
Steve Forward 3:43 AM - 24 January, 2016
the unit was out of warranty, cost to replace and for labour came to around £85. I used Cosmic Electronics, and I used the DDJ-SR tonight.. 4 1/2 hours straight, not so much as a hiccup.. I'd say it performed better and less glitch free from when I bought it. so folks, if you are having this cue button issue, get them to check these components as above. hope it helps others.
Joshua33 12:15 AM - 28 January, 2016
I just got my SR back from pioneer after 5 weeks they changed my control assy on the unit first day I got it back it started messing up again..now they want me to send it back in...so aggrAvated
djronctx 3:31 AM - 21 June, 2016
Mine sr just started doing the same thing this past weekend. Anyone know if this problem ever got fixed?
djronctx 3:31 AM - 21 June, 2016
Quote:
Mine

Quote:
My sr just started doing the same thing this past weekend. Anyone know if this problem ever got fixed?
dj lashes 4:17 AM - 21 June, 2016
humm ... i have SR which i got as a back up controller ive had it for about 6 months now and have not used it was planning on just pulling it out if i really have to .. so now am hoping that if that day comes am i gonna have a shock to find out it has the same problem ... is this with all SR or just some?
Luis Pinto 8:42 AM - 21 June, 2016
Send it to Pioneer's assistance.

Mine came fully fixed.
SLyo 6:24 PM - 11 July, 2016
Quote:
just an update on my previous posting -

Here is what the Pioneer approved centre said was wrong with my unit -

Your item has been repaired. Please find the following information on your item.
:: USB - Working
:: Button Test - All switch okay
:: Pad Test L - Working LED and touch
:: Pad Test R - Working LED and touch
:: JOG Wheel L - Working touch and rotation
:: JOG Wheel R - Working touch and rotation
:: LCD Test - N/A
:: LED Test - All illuminate okay
:: POT Test CH 1 - All work
:: POT Test CH 2 - All work
:: POT FX CH 1 - All work
:: POT FX CH 2 - All work
:: FDR Test - Working ch 1 & ch 2
:: Pitch FDR Test - Working + & - no defects
:: CRS FDR Test - Working
:: MIC 1 - Wokring
:: MIC 2 - N/A
:: Headphone - Working
:: Booth - Working
:: Master Out RCA - Working
:: Master Out JACK - Working
:: Tested: Service modes and Serato DJ
:: Firmware - VER1.07 (to date)

As you can see from the above results the unit has passed its functionality tests. We found the fault to be due to 2 x LED's on deck board A. We replaced these and have not come across any cross over functions. We've further ran this up on Serato DJ and everything it functioning okay. Costing for this repair is as follows:

-----
- I will be collecting it this afternoon and (admittedly apprehensive) taking it to my show tonight and tomorrow.. I will have an ipad mini running DJay 2 on it as backup with the sets prepared as playlists, and will be carrying my CDJ1000mk3's in the car too as emergency backup.

- no digital gear is immune from failure, so as a precaution, I am taking 2/3 backups of playback gear with me from now on, as opposed to just one.

- let it be known, I am far from Tiesto, I am a working musician and mobile DJ, who just plays one track after the next reading the crowd, and occasionally slips in a few beat-matched hed kandi and 90s funky house tracks.. but I love what I do, and I need gear that just works.

if the gear fails on me this weekend, I will just simply sell the unit and get something else. its the name really that drew me.. this and the fact that my CDJ1000mk3's are completely bomb proof!

Hi Steve! I'm having the same issue and believe the problem is the 2 leds too. You happen to know the leds name? i have to find the spare part, but it's been very hard without the name, and it isn't write in the deck board (sry the poor english, hope you understand)
SLyo 6:26 PM - 11 July, 2016
All people with this problem, should check if the led diode in the left deck, is weaker, as if one of the leds have a issue.

If someone from pioneer could name the Led/Diode name, I would appreciate!
nikodb 1:05 AM - 26 September, 2016
Can somebody please confirm that this issue gets fixed by just replacing leds? If so, are they leds of a particular board? Or can it be any led anywhere on any board causing this issue?

Cheers
nik
nikodb 1:08 AM - 26 September, 2016
Quote:
the unit was out of warranty, cost to replace and for labour came to around £85. I used Cosmic Electronics, and I used the DDJ-SR tonight.. 4 1/2 hours straight, not so much as a hiccup.. I'd say it performed better and less glitch free from when I bought it. so folks, if you are having this cue button issue, get them to check these components as above. hope it helps others.

Hey Steve, please have a look on my post above and let me know if you happen to have any of the info i am looking for...thanks in advance!
DJ Shayantan 9:49 AM - 21 October, 2016
Quote:
i got a problem i don´t know where i can get it,or how sort it a problem i got with pioneer ddj sr,which i use with serato dj,the thing is
When i loaded a song on the left deck,after i loaded another song on the right deck,after i have pressed the cue button,and after that when i had playing a son,for some reason,when i pressed cue,in the same time,it was playing the song which i had on the right deck,some one had a problem like this,how can i sort it please

Please update the DDJ SR's Firmware . It will resolve ur issue.
I faced the same issue and fixed it.
Thanks.
Luis Pinto 10:22 AM - 21 October, 2016
Quote:

Please update the DDJ SR's Firmware . It will resolve ur issue.
I faced the same issue and fixed it.
Thanks.

I (and others in this thread) had this problem and only a repair solved it.

BTW - does anyone have rust in the metal plate around the fader leds?
DJ Shayantan 9:56 PM - 25 October, 2016
ya this issue has turn up once again.
so hopefully I have to repair it.
Plz suggest me how and where I can do so because my device is out of warrenty.
kPal 4:22 PM - 18 July, 2017
Quote:
Can somebody please confirm that this issue gets fixed by just replacing leds? If so, are they leds of a particular board? Or can it be any led anywhere on any board causing this issue?

Cheers
nik

I am running into this problem, and I would also like to know these details, thanks!
Andrei Costin 11:24 PM - 21 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers
nik

I am running into this problem, and I would also like to know these details, thanks!

I have the same issue and I am also waiting for some info about the led thing. Thank you!
SLyo 4:38 PM - 14 October, 2017
do, the tech expert that looked my equip put a DJM900 (or was it djm850? (accordingto him)
but the thing is, don't remember seeing a blue one in neither one of these. BUT, it is working, for more than a year now...
he said that he did this way cuz he didn't find a spare led/diod especific for this within the distributor, BUT you guys, out there may have more luck. but this is it, really fixable. hope this chill you guys. go to pioneer and see if they can replace, or your local-area-everyday-audio-tech-guy.

as always, sorry for the poor english, hope this may clarify anything, and sorry if it won't.
didn't see the notifications... must be something within my account settings.

have a wonderfull weekend m8s.
SLyo 4:41 PM - 14 October, 2017
one more thing, he charged me 300 reais (by that time it was more or less 70 dollars)
was'n cheap, know could be WAY cheaper, BUT as I said, still pumping... so... totally worth.

(the guy repaired my headphones later as well, and they too, working)
r1978tk 7:02 AM - 13 March, 2018
Finally... issue solved costing 20 cents!
Hello everyone, i've been a passive observer for this discussion for a whole year so far as i was experiencing exactly the same issue described by everyone here: the right cue button.
The pioneer support team in new zealand was really very helpful as they tracked my problem right since i've opened a ticket and after several emails and live teamviewer sessions, the engineer concluded that it is not a software/firmware related issue, and referred me to my local pioneer maintenance department here in Beirut. My ddjsr went there 2 times: 1st: right cue button replaced, 2nd soldering of the right assembly was redone as they thought it might be a cracked solder...none of these repairs affected my problem. After that the local engineer advised me to purchase a new controller as the cost of replacing the whole right assembly is not that far from the price of a new one. For me, that was never a suggestion to consider as i am not ready to pay another 750 USD for a problem that SHOULD be repairable!
So i went to my brother who has 15 years of experience in electronics, and in 2 hours inspection and tesing, he replaced one 3mm blue led located under the sampler button on the right deck, and the problem never came back ( 10-12 hours of use so far with absolutely NO nightmares )
Hope my post will help some of you guys,
Have a wonderful day!
SLyo 11:27 AM - 13 March, 2018
Very glad to see another brother with this issue resolved... but ya know... LOTS of ddj-sr with this problem...

you know what I mean. This shit is made to break. so sad.

but, @r1978tk, tell me one thing: any blue 3mm led would do the trick?

cuz the guy charged me a 300 reais, (something like 100 dolars)
and the explanation was that he had to remove from a old pioneer mixer, to replace in mine unity.

Hate people who take advantage of others lack of knowledge...
r1978tk 8:28 PM - 14 March, 2018
According to my bro, there is 20 LEDs that run on the same line with the cue button with different colors, and anyone could be the culprit. So they should be all tested to find the faulty one and replace it. As for the repair charge that you paid, (whatever the story that the guy told you) it is a fair cost here in Beirut for such a labor.. i don't know if it is a lot in your country..
Anyway u r lucky u hv someone to rely on for the maintenance of ur controller :) have a wonderful day!
jojoSpezifisch 10:51 AM - 24 April, 2018
Hi Guys,
I´ve bought a DDJ SR with the following issues:
- If you press the CUE on Deck A Serato starts Deck B
- SYNC and EFFECT do not work either

I called the german Pioneer hotline and the technician there told me, that it could possibly be one of the LED´s, which they have on stock.
The cost estimate is about 30€ and the repair will be 70€.

I´m an electric engineer, so I´m able to repair it by myself. Can anyone tell me how to find the damaged LED? Is it enough to measure the voltage on the protective resistor and then check the forward voltage with an multimeter?

I hope anyone can help me :)

greetings from Germany
DJCarlos. 11:39 PM - 20 May, 2018
Hi all, sorry i have read the thread but i am not sure if there are two differents problems discussed here.

i have a ddj sr, on the right deck, when i push the cue button, and release it
it plays the song, (like if you push the play button)

is this the same problem ? so the solution is to go to repair what? thanks

When i see the leds ;
On stop/load of a new song
Cue orange led still
Play green led blinks

on cue, working as cue normally do
cue still
play blinks

on cue, malfunctionning as a play
cue + play leds still

on pause
cue + led blinks
Ian Lewer 6:16 PM - 18 June, 2018
I'm just going through this now. Took it to my local music store repair shop and $40 later nothing. Wish I had found this thread before I'd brought my DDJ SR in.

I'm going to bring it to my electrician friends house now to see if he's able to fix it.
datdude 6:17 PM - 15 July, 2018
Well this has happened to me.... at first I thought it was a fluke.... I did a BBQ in June when it started happening... I did a baby shower afterwards with no problem... but yesterday I did another bbq, and bam!!!! Back to looking like an idiot because the song on deck 2 would restart when I would cue up deck 1!!!! Is there a fix or just trash the SR and get something else?
RR437T 8:16 PM - 15 July, 2018
Have you tried to map the problem buttons manually? Also, does the problem happen with both decks 1 and 3? If one of them works, it should rule out the button itself.
Ian Lewer 3:26 PM - 16 July, 2018
Hi,

This is NOT a SERATO issue. It's hardware related. This I've confirmed. And, Pioneer DJ refuses to acknowledge that this is even a problem. Or that anyone else has ever had an issue. Frustrating. Mine was purchased back in 2012. So, I've 'gotten my money back' from this unit many times over. That's not the issue. The issue is that nothing happened to the unit. It didn't spill any liquids on it. It just deteriorated over time to begin non-reliable. And, so I've purchased a new controller (non Pioneer). I just wised they would admit and provide a solution. I don't mine paying to have it fixed.

I've found a few threads on this site where they elude to it being a LED issue, and I've dropped my unit over to a friends house (he's an electrician) to see if he's able to source the problem and fix it.
DJCarlos. 8:51 PM - 15 December, 2018
Hi all, just to give an update on this ;
the problem is gone for the moment... without doing anything
so i dont know, i still move my ddjsr as usual from one place to another, therefore i am not sure it is a loose connection...

good luck to all
r1978tk 9:45 PM - 15 February, 2020
Hello guys, just an update:
Since my last post march 2018, my SR was working perfectly!
Until last week, same cue button problem came back but this time it was on the left deck. So i did not hesitate to take it directly to my bro. After few minutes on disassembly and testing, he changed 2 blue 3mm led under the left sampler button and BAM!
Works perfectly :))
Gjem1 3:35 PM - 16 February, 2020
and what was the problem just to have a reference?
Gjem1 3:38 PM - 16 February, 2020
ok got it from the top. weird that led's can cause this problem...