DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Pioneer DDJ-SX2

Dj_Grinda 12:27 PM - 7 August, 2014
Joee 12:30 PM - 7 August, 2014
$1,300

"The DDJ-SX2, with free Serato Flip expansion pack voucher, is available from October at an SRP of EUR 999/ GBP 809, including VAT."

i'd rather get the sz for a few hundred more
Dj_Grinda 12:35 PM - 7 August, 2014
Some people might prefer the SX over the SZ due to it's size and stuff but what it really comes down to is personal preferance.
DJ DisGrace 12:41 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
i'd rather get the sz2 in a month for a few hundred more

fixed
Joee 12:41 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
i'd rather get the sz2 in a month for a few hundred more

fixed

baww hahhaa hahahaaha

your right!
Joee 12:44 PM - 7 August, 2014
pioneer really is ridiculous the way they keep pumping these controllers out, remember the video of the sz they said "this completes of ddj line"

well they lied cause they made another, but as long as people keep running out and buying the "next best thing" they will continue to introduce new controllers
Mighty Dragon Sounds 12:46 PM - 7 August, 2014
PEW PEW PEW PEW!!!!

ALL THIS PEW PEW PEW!!!!!
DJ DisGrace 12:47 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
pioneer really is ridiculous the way they keep pumping these controllers out, remember the video of the sz they said "this completes of ddj line"

well they lied cause they made another, but as long as people keep running out and buying the "next best thing" they will continue to introduce new controllers

The addition of the Flip buttons on this one tells you it's been in the pipeline for a long time as well. R&D on something like this would be at least a year, I would guess. Plans for this controller were being made when the SZ was released.
Joee 12:47 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
PEW PEW PEW PEW!!!!

ALL THIS PEW PEW PEW!!!!!

don't worry in less than a year pioneer will introduce it's new "better" turntable, making the new one that just came out OLD
DJ Dynamight 1:26 PM - 7 August, 2014
Me want.
Dj_Grinda 2:19 PM - 7 August, 2014
They should of added atleast a extra usb for dj change over like the SZ.
Taipanic 2:19 PM - 7 August, 2014
Nice upgrade to the SX. Looks like you can use CDJs & vinyl without an SL box too (as an expansion pack add on, of course). In my area there are a lot of DJs with SXs and are constantly being hooked up together or having TTs or CDJs connected so that would make the wiring easier for sure.
Certified Quality Entertainment 3:56 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
They should of added atleast a extra usb for dj change over like the SZ.

That was on my wish list, that and a dedicated mic input. Not enough improvements for me to buy.
DJ_Junior A 4:32 PM - 7 August, 2014
I would have liked to seen an IEC power cord, and some dedicated controls for Serato video.
Rebelguy 6:13 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:

It's not a new model, just an update to one in their current line up. The original SX is almost 2 years old so it's expected.
dj_soo 7:28 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:

probably just means you aren't going to see a ddj sy or something. Doesn't mean you won't see a SR2 next year, and an SZ2 the year after that and an XDJ2 or something...

Controllers are rapidly becoming like smartphones. Incremental upgrades in between bigger refresh upgrades.
DJ Dynamight 2:19 AM - 8 August, 2014
FYI--if you bought a DDJ-SX after Aug 1st, there's a $200 rebate available: www.pioneerelectronics.com

...and anybody about to sell their DDJ-SX can thank Pioneer for the kick in the nuts. I see them selling for $850 on Craigslist...might as well buy new and pay about $800 after rebate.
djattila 2:23 AM - 8 August, 2014
is the new model going to be usb 2.0?
Tropez 2:29 AM - 8 August, 2014

The world will end once this drops.
4mydawgz 3:32 AM - 8 August, 2014
I see in the product notes for the ddj sx2, you can control serato dj using cdjs and turntables connected to it. Is this also true with the ddj sx?
DJ Dynamight 3:41 AM - 8 August, 2014
Quote:
I see in the product notes for the ddj sx2, you can control serato dj using cdjs and turntables connected to it. Is this also true with the ddj sx?

No. See here for differences: djworx.com
DJ LIL M 4:53 AM - 8 August, 2014
Numarks and Pioneer are going Controller crazy haha
Rebelguy 5:23 AM - 8 August, 2014
Quote:

The current model is so I am pretty sure this one will be.
Rebelguy 5:26 AM - 8 August, 2014
Quote:
FYI--if you bought a DDJ-SX after Aug 1st, there's a $200 rebate available: www.pioneerelectronics.com

...and anybody about to sell their DDJ-SX can thank Pioneer for the kick in the nuts. I see them selling for $850 on Craigslist...might as well buy new and pay about $800 after rebate.

Who is getting $850 used? Two of my friends picked up used ones for $650. One of them was a gold one as well.
Code:E 7:27 AM - 8 August, 2014
I'm waiting on a DDJ SP2
Mighty Dragon Sounds 11:10 AM - 8 August, 2014
I'm waiting on a 2 channel SZ
DJ Dynamight 12:39 PM - 8 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Who is getting $850 used? Two of my friends picked up used ones for $650. One of them was a gold one as well.

That's what's up, they got great deals.
Jumbo Boogie 1:17 PM - 8 August, 2014
Quote:
I'm waiting on a DDJ SP2

Porbably an announcement around winter 2016...Hopefully there's more then dedicated flip buttons and RGB pads added to it by then.

Since the SX2 iwithout onboard effects and effects sends and return...not a good DVS choice...I may be stoned for this but NV over SX2 if players and tables aren't involved and the sound quality is similar.
DJ Remix Detroit 1:23 PM - 8 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

The ddj sx is usb 1.1
TelosHedge 2:44 PM - 8 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The ddj sx is usb 1.1

you are correct. i remember hearing this and finding a major plot hole in serato's marketing. remember when they quit supporting the sl1 and ttm57sl for serato dj because their 1.1 bandwidth wasn't enough to operate SDJ? that's where i got lost.
DJ Remix Detroit 2:46 PM - 8 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The ddj sx is usb 1.1

you are correct. i remember hearing this and finding a major plot hole in serato's marketing. remember when they quit supporting the sl1 and ttm57sl for serato dj because their 1.1 bandwidth wasn't enough to operate SDJ? that's where i got lost.

well to be fair, the DDJ SX isn't getting the DVS expansion pack capability because of the usb 1.1 issue. so there obviously is sometime of usb 1.1 setback when it comes to DVS use.
DJ Remix Detroit 2:48 PM - 8 August, 2014
i was shocked to find out that the DDJ SX was usb 1.1.... seriously pioneer? or was it a ploy to have ppl buy the SX2 knowing the DVS expansion pack was going to come out?

i don't know man.... these companies are seeming to be really shady.
Jumbo Boogie 3:08 PM - 8 August, 2014
Quote:
i was shocked to find out that the DDJ SX was usb 1.1.... seriously pioneer? or was it a ploy to have ppl buy the SX2 knowing the DVS expansion pack was going to come out?

i don't know man.... these companies are seeming to be really shady.

Probably to keep manufacture cost down...and guessing there was no benifit to using USB2.0 for what it was intended for.

None these companies want to end up like Technics...long lasting durable products great for users....bad for business.
Rebelguy 4:44 PM - 8 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The ddj sx is usb 1.1

Well that's interesting. Their tech support told me it was USB 2.0 and the manual states that it must be connected to a USB 2.0 port on a computer.
Davideon 5:00 PM - 8 August, 2014
Serato must've known they were going to give SDJ dvs when the sx was being developed
And I'm sure they would've told pioneer this.
Jumbo Boogie 5:31 PM - 8 August, 2014
Quote:
Serato must've known they were going to give SDJ dvs when the sx was being developed
And I'm sure they would've told pioneer this.

I wouldn't know but "if" Pioneer knew...debuting DVS on the SRT wouldn't be so special if the SRT was preempted by a controller with DVS.
dvaneecke 10:32 PM - 22 January, 2015
If Scratch Live isn't being developed anymore, can the code be made open sourced? ;-) Sorry, but none of the "pro dj" that I knew use Serato DJ, we still show up with our sl3/4 :-D
Rebelguy 11:26 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
If Scratch Live isn't being developed anymore, can the code be made open sourced? ;-) Sorry, but none of the "pro dj" that I knew use Serato DJ, we still show up with our sl3/4 :-D

I doubt Serato would open source it as I'm sure Serato DJ utilizes a lot of the same code. Can't be giving up the secret sauce. Haha.
Nico666 9:07 PM - 6 October, 2015
Hello everybody, i just need help how to activate the pack serato flip for my ddj sx2.
I need to paid for install serato flip or not ?
Please help me :)
dj_soo 9:37 PM - 6 October, 2015
setup -> expansion packs -> flip -> enable
Nico666 8:57 PM - 7 October, 2015
Thank you
cosmicbaggy 11:18 AM - 3 July, 2016
anyone know how to change the sensitivity of the platter? (Sorry, being lazy here...)

when giving it a nudge to speed/slow the track down its not quite as i'd like it and seems to be a little less responsive than the Vestax VCI 400 i'm used to so would like to tweak a little.

Any tips?

Danke.
Davideon 7:01 PM - 3 July, 2016
Read the manual
cosmicbaggy 8:26 PM - 3 July, 2016
Quote:
Read the manual

Thanks
x
tonycarter 4:58 AM - 9 September, 2018
New to this DDjsx2..Not to change conversation here..but a bit..frustrated on this decks.. When I press the play button it plays but as I hold on to scratch, it continues to play with my control. Also, when I hit the cue button, isn't it suppose to go back and start at the beginning of the track?? Need help on this issue...thanks