Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Streaming issues using Serato and Nicecast

eddyboydude 12:56 PM - 2 August, 2014
Hi, I hope someone can help me.

In am using a Pioneer DDJ-SZ and Serato DJ.

This is connected to an iMac via USB. I have rented space on a ShoutCast Server and I am using the NiceCast streaming app to broadcast onto the web.

Straight from the computer using iTunes and or the Serato app unconnected from the controller works fine.

I have got NiceCast to see and output sound from the controller, but it ignores all other features on the controller including all other channels apart from channel 1.

Play and Pause work, but nothing else. I ideally want to be able to mix live into NiceCast and onto the web.

I have tried all variations of the input and output in the Mac system preferences and also the Source options on the NiceCast app.

Please excuse my ignorance if it is painfully obvious. Can anyone help?

Many thanks.

Ed.
eddyboydude 2:26 PM - 2 August, 2014
I tried this on my older iMac which has a Mic Line in and it works perfectly.

The new iMac doesn't have a Mic Line in anymore and seems to use a built in mic only.

Is there a work around just using the usb cable out of the controller into the Mac or any other solution?

Thanks.

Ed.
eddyboydude 2:44 PM - 2 August, 2014
The solution seems to be as simple as getting the iMic USB Mic input from Griffin.

Easy when you know how. I'll post again if that does not work, but in principal it should.

Apologies to anyone who has read this. I am not as thick as I sound. :)