Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Announcing, Pioneer DDJ-SX2

4:16 AM, 31 Jul 2014
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
Dj DejiLex 7:13 AM - 7 August, 2014
mehn i just ordered for the DDj sx yesterday ... what a pity
DJ Unique 7:28 AM - 7 August, 2014
It's a never ending cycle of controllers being released extremely fast to keep up with new technology.
DJCANDYBOY 7:30 AM - 7 August, 2014
omg
dmance@edpac.org 7:32 AM - 7 August, 2014
DDj SX users have trusted in serato an pioneer, but they have to pay for everything... I think i made a mistake getting serato dj... im very happy with it, but not with the fact of pay everytime something nice is released... i think this is no the best way to make customers happy.
Sergey Boyko 7:34 AM - 7 August, 2014
Where is Pioneer's SPLIT MODE for Headphones?
blackavenger 7:36 AM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:

cancel or return. the SX2 comes out in a month...just wait.
DJ Tecoy 7:53 AM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Then a new controller is released, The DDJ-SZ2.
Oh the madness...
blackavenger 7:55 AM - 7 August, 2014
Sure, but not in a month from now.....
rsvpdjs 7:56 AM - 7 August, 2014
Gone Are the good old days where if you invested in a pair if technics 1200s like I did in 1984, you would have an industry standard tool that would last you 20 years. Now, by the time you walk out door your investment has dropped by half of what you paid and it's outdated in 3 months. It's insane.
rsvpdjs 8:01 AM - 7 August, 2014
I am not buying another controller until I can buy one that does not require a computer. The new numark NV has entered the marketplace. Not sure what the song capacity of that. But in a year from now I'm sure there will be flood of these controllers on the market. I'll just wait for the "next big thing". Flip sounds great, but hardly worth another big investment of my hard earned money.
JuriV 8:02 AM - 7 August, 2014
Very nice, color pads... :-)

But, it looks like you still have to press shift to trigger saved loops. So, for now I'll just stick to my good ol' SX1 :P
dmance@edpac.org 8:02 AM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
Gone Are the good old days where if you invested in a pair if technics 1200s like I did in 1984, you would have an industry standard tool that would last you 20 years. Now, by the time you walk out door your investment has dropped by half of what you paid and it's outdated in 3 months. It's insane.

I agree with you, i feel really idiot...
Feelnfly 8:08 AM - 7 August, 2014
Man I bought my SX 2 months ago. Bastards!
LoFoSho 8:14 AM - 7 August, 2014
Daaaang just so happens I'm in the market for a controller. This would be perfect for setting up in my home studio and using for mobile gigs/renegade festival sets. I still use 1200's and a standalone mixer with scratch live but it sucks having to setup my gear to record at home then pack it up to gig and carry up hella stairs 2-4 times a week. Need something like this to leave setup 24/7
pdidy 8:19 AM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
DDj SX users have trusted in serato an pioneer, but they have to pay for everything... I think i made a mistake getting serato dj... im very happy with it, but not with the fact of pay everytime something nice is released... i think this is no the best way to make customers happy.

Somebody call the police, you have a gun to your head.
Axelv 8:28 AM - 7 August, 2014
not that much new features and certanly it will cost a little more because off the dvs
kloseline 8:40 AM - 7 August, 2014
New Job Wheel gets the Job done!
dmance@edpac.org 8:50 AM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Somebody call the police, you have a gun to your head.

Muahahahahaa you're really funny man!!! hahahahaha i cant stop laughting.. omg, im crying hehehe thanks for that joke... but, returning to the topic...

Problem here (for me, not for you, it's obvious) is I payed X money for a product that is always incomplete, and i have to pay for complete and, even worst, the release an improved version of my incomplete hardware.

Last words: I think expansions should be free i dont feel comfortable paying.
Maff_c 8:50 AM - 7 August, 2014
I bet this has the "accidental needle search" problem fixed, but they don't sort it for the SX1. Customer care for you.
serkan 8:51 AM - 7 August, 2014
How does the DDJ-SZ makes any sense now? The gap between it and the SX2 is too small now.
Quote:
The new numark NV has entered the marketplace. Not sure what the song capacity of that.

The NV isn't stand alone and still requires Serato DJ on a computer.
AYEKAY 8:53 AM - 7 August, 2014
Perfect I just picked up the sx 3 months ago and already have to send it back to the manufacture... Wish they would just send me back a sx2.... Jerks..
JuriV 8:55 AM - 7 August, 2014
Almost looks like everybody's whining because they now don't have the latest gear anymore...lol
StoneReign 8:57 AM - 7 August, 2014
Still only USB 2.0?!?

Another great feature they could add is to drop midi tracks on to an mp3 just like you can drag video onto mp3 in serato VJ. Could is the key word...

I kind of feel like they add gimmicks that have limited use instead of creative tools.
DJ Louie 9:16 AM - 7 August, 2014
Very surprised they did not add 2 USB slots on each side
apache1 9:17 AM - 7 August, 2014
Would it kill either Pioneer or Serato to add a stand alone Mic channel as available in DDJ SZ? This is just a rip off software upgrade and I'm not buying it personally.
TigerDJ 9:27 AM - 7 August, 2014
I missed out on the first DDJ-SX launch with the free video plug-in, won't miss out this time!
Djjahburg 9:30 AM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:

I am tired of this to much. You see what they are doing we are paying more money. The sz just came out And now sx2 I can not keep up this is to much.
Joe Fresh 9:36 AM - 7 August, 2014
In my opinion, this controller looks like it will be substantially better than its predecessor, and it hits the sweet spot in Pioneer's controller lineup in terms of features and price point.

I'm assuming it's the same dimensions as the first one, so I wouldn't need a new case and Decksaver if I decide to upgrade.

The fixed mic input is very welcome. No more attenuator!

I assume the needle search lock works identically to the SZ, which would be a very welcome feature.

Multi-colored pads, DVS support, Flip, USB 2.0, and improved jog wheels all sound awesome.

I was looking at the new Akai AMX and AFX and thinking of switching to a smaller, more modular system when I don't have to bring turntables. Now I might have to think twice.
Mark Quest 9:42 AM - 7 August, 2014
what a bunch of whiny-ass bitches some of you are.. have you got sand in your vag or what? How can Serato Dj be considered 'incomplete' because some new hardware is released that accommodates the new features? The DDJ-SX can't support it from a technical point of view. There is no possible way. That goes for the NS7II & the NS6. I own a DDJ-SX aswell but it's not that big of a deal to me yet.. I don't use DVS when I play vinyl because I'm actually playing real records! But usually 90% of the time its digital & the SX is more than capable for what I do.. I've had it for 18 months & maybe in 6 months I'll upgrade and then this is what I'll get.. but then maybe I won't. I'm sure the SX will retain good value & be able to sell for at least 50-60% of cost.. not bad for electronic equipment
Phuture2 9:43 AM - 7 August, 2014
Any word on the large database issue? Probally not.
Serato, Support
Karl Y 10:03 AM - 7 August, 2014
Hi Phuture2,

check out the public beta of Serato DJ 1.7
We've worked hard on the library handling and it can now load a library that is up to 5 times bigger than what was possible in Scratch Live.

Cheers
Karl
DJ Birgy 10:05 AM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
Any word on the large database issue? Probally not.

I agree with Phuture2. I've had my DDJ SX for a year and a half now and still can't use it properly because oh wait yeah Serato DJ doesn't like a large library. nothing that everyone else with my issue has been complaining about for years now, and all I've been told along with many many others is that they're working on it. I love Pioneer but I hate that Serato is not helping us DJs that need a larger library, but can release newer versions. Come on programers love to have DJ upgraded to 64 bit. May help a little. Ohh the SX2 looks great BTW lol. Meanwhile SX is great paperweight I can't use anywhere.
Serato, Support
Karl Y 10:12 AM - 7 August, 2014
Hi DJ Birgy,
check out the beta ;)
serato.com

Cheers
Karl
Phuture2 10:34 AM - 7 August, 2014
I will try it to see if it works; however I sold The Pioneer SX due to the fact that it was not working at all with my library and all I heard from Serato was "make the library smaller" and we are working on it . Still have the library on the same hard drive with the V2db files so i can give it a whirl. The DJ expo is coming up next week so lets see what is released. Thanks for the info.
Phuture2 10:37 AM - 7 August, 2014
Hey Karl I just realized something. I was using scratch live with no library issues at all with the same drive. When I switched over to Serato DJ the problem started with the crashing without the controller connected. I will try the Beta Version without a controller and try it out.
Thanks
DJ Dynamight 10:55 AM - 7 August, 2014
Great! I will be selling my SX and getting the SX2.
Dj Nyce 11:01 AM - 7 August, 2014
It looks good. I don't own a controller yet so I might cop this or the DDJ-sz2. The Dj controller game is just like the cellphone game. If you buy something today, a new better version is released tomorrow.

Instead of buying something every time a new version is released why not be happy with what you have. Use it to the max and when it's reached its limit, then you upgrade.

I'm still on an iPhone 4S because the 5 and 5s didn't add much value and my 4s worked just as good. But now the 6 is coming out and I will get that.

And the other thing, just because somethig new comes out, doesn't mean you have to buy it.
MZERDA 11:08 AM - 7 August, 2014
Does it come with a pearl white edition?
VDJ LDB 11:24 AM - 7 August, 2014
If they were not selling enough of these new releases they wouldn't keep having new releases! You may want to go to the mirror and point at U for continuously upgrade your shhhhh... if the buying slows down the new releases would slow down! In stead of blaming Pioneer blame yourself for running out and buying new new new new. The club goers could give 2 pennies what controller you're using "just drop and mix the hot shhh"...that's all they care about. DJ's are the ones caring about these new releases not the party people!
Terrence B 11:29 AM - 7 August, 2014
You talk about being upset. I bought 2 weeks ago thinking that I could add my Technics to it and still control the program. Can't take it back and now this is released. :(

Well 2 questions... What happened to dual deck mode? With DVS will the controller still function as is or will it be one or the other.

Still selling to my brand new SX to my co-worker today. MEH
Asu 11:37 AM - 7 August, 2014
Serato knew we'd be mad...that's why they have the $245 akai AMX we can use with our sx's :-) i'm keeping my original SX for now till we get controllers that read usb keys...that day is coming...1-2 years down the road
Phuture2 11:40 AM - 7 August, 2014
I use the usb keys with my nexus 2000's and RKB and it works well. Serato is behind IMO.
DJ Nojoke 11:43 AM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
I am not buying another controller until I can buy one that does not require a computer. The new numark NV has entered the marketplace. Not sure what the song capacity of that. But in a year from now I'm sure there will be flood of these controllers on the market. I'll just wait for the "next big thing". Flip sounds great, but hardly worth another big investment of my hard earned money.

You'll still need a laptop with the Numark NV. You just don't have to look at it.
VDJ LDB 11:57 AM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

You'll still need a laptop with the Numark NV. You just don't have to look at it.

yep.....that "no laptop" dream will never come true, especially since a lot of dj's spin video files these days. I don't see anybody adding a high end graphics card to a controller in this life time. The big boys like microsoft and apple would step in and shut that down ASAP. Controllers and laptops go hand and hand. One day they might mate but that controller is going to cost a hell of lot more than the NV....believe that! An all in one set up like that wouldn't be wise anyway. (I have two laptops and two controllers) If one thing went down on an all in one system you'd be out of work. If my controller goes down I can just plug in another one and keep working. Couldn't do that with an all in one system so for club dj's that would definitely not be wise...
Phuture2 11:59 AM - 7 August, 2014
With pioneer RKB you dont need your laptop for music files. Just export to your flash drive. Only drawback you need the correct hardware.
Terrence B 12:25 PM - 7 August, 2014
Gotta feeling the SX will work just fine with the new DVS expansion pack, but they aren't going to really tell you that now are they :)
Asu 12:26 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
And the other thing, just because something new comes out, doesn't mean you have to buy it.

Very nice Nyce lol...bet some that just bought the huge SZ due to dvs and colored pads are pissed lol...at this rate i'll keep my SX-1 for now....still got a 57 for DVS and SL and that's all i need :-)
Joee 12:26 PM - 7 August, 2014
"The DDJ-SX2, with free Serato Flip expansion pack voucher, is available from October at an SRP of EUR 999/ GBP 809, including VAT."

at $1,300 this is just not worth buying IMO, just add the extra few hundred and get the sz
Asu 12:29 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
I use the usb keys with my nexus 2000's and RKB and it works well. Serato is behind IMO.

was actually talking about an all in one solution smaller solution like the SX with CDJ like features like reading from usb drives and a screen...i know it's coming so i'll wait
Serato, Support
Karl Y 12:38 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
Gotta feeling the SX will work just fine with the new DVS expansion pack, but they aren't going to really tell you that now are they :)

Hi Terrence B,
No, the original DDJ SX won't work with DVS. Ever. It's simply not technically possible. Sorry.

Karl
SteveJKo 12:39 PM - 7 August, 2014
I just don't understand why Pioneer, of all people, should continue the trend of bad ergonomics on controllers. For those of us who want to beat mix live, the pitch controls are in a truly rotten location.
Joee 12:40 PM - 7 August, 2014
all this DVS controller talk, if you want dvs how about you just use a mixer with your turntables instead of a controller
onebuckwild 12:49 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:

did Serato come for free? Add ons is how they are making money on it. Mine was free but I don't use it.
JuriV 1:07 PM - 7 August, 2014
Agree with Joee, why would you need DVS on a controller?
Mr Wilks 1:13 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
New Job Wheel gets the Job done!

Beat me to it. Damn!
Tullochh 1:24 PM - 7 August, 2014
Hey guys was looking for a help with a question I have, I'm looking to buy a new controller now my problem is do I go for the DDJSX, SZ OR SZX2?? I want to make the right choice so I don't need to buy another come this time next year, thanks.
Joee 1:28 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
Hey guys was looking for a help with a question I have, I'm looking to buy a new controller now my problem is do I go for the DDJSX, SZ OR SZX2?? I want to make the right choice so I don't need to buy another come this time next year, thanks.

is this a trick question?

buy this time next year there will be three more controls out!
Tullochh 1:37 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

is this a trick question?

buy this time next year there will be three more controls out!

Yeh I know that but I want one now that the best out of the 3 that are out just now....
Joee 1:40 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
Yeh I know that but I want one now that the best out of the 3 that are out just now....

another trick question?

the best out of the 3 is the ddj sz!
Tullochh 1:42 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

another trick question?

the best out of the 3 is the ddj sz!

Apologises with the trick questions so ddj sz it is then
Asu 2:06 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:

No it can't...doesn't send audio upstream...only down stream...so technically pioneer should give SX 1 users discount vouchers if they want to upgrade...the SX2 should have been the SX1 from the beginning...just saying...plus SX1 is actually usb 1.1 not Usb 2.0
wampaone 2:07 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
With pioneer RKB you dont need your laptop for music files. Just export to your flash drive. Only drawback you need the correct hardware.

And that's not a drawback, just a hit on the ol' piggy bank
DJ Flent D 2:26 PM - 7 August, 2014
It never fails. Every time I'm set to get a controller a new one comes out. Then I wait out all the bugs. After a year on the market then I would buy the gear. They come out with something new.
To The People at Rain and Pioneer. Make something that's going to last. You make theses two thousand dollar investments. That are worth less than half the value the next year. When buy your brands we buy it because it's going to last. For DJs like myself I like to buy industry standard gear. If you guys made these changes every five years instead of every damn year that would be acceptable. Then our investment in your gear would be an investment not a waste.
dizzyrocks2001 2:28 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
what a bunch of whiny-ass bitches some of you are.. have you got sand in your vag or what? How can Serato Dj be considered 'incomplete' because some new hardware is released that accommodates the new features? The DDJ-SX can't support it from a technical point of view. There is no possible way. That goes for the NS7II & the NS6. I own a DDJ-SX aswell but it's not that big of a deal to me yet.. I don't use DVS when I play vinyl because I'm actually playing real records! But usually 90% of the time its digital & the SX is more than capable for what I do.. I've had it for 18 months & maybe in 6 months I'll upgrade and then this is what I'll get.. but then maybe I won't. I'm sure the SX will retain good value & be able to sell for at least 50-60% of cost.. not bad for electronic equipment

I wish there was a 'like' button I could click for your post :) I agree, everyone gets into an uproar because, god forbid, a controller with new features gets released! Are you people not entertained??!!
blackavenger 2:34 PM - 7 August, 2014
It's just the nature of hardware releases from now on. Look at the iPhone and Galaxy Series phones....they get updated every year, and you don't see their customers in an uproar about it. You buy what you need for the moment, not for what you think will come later.
Major Tom 2:35 PM - 7 August, 2014
What are the physical dimensions of the SX2? A big drawback of the SX1 was that it was the size of a small aircraft carrier, portable (perhaps a better word is "luggable") in only the most narrow sense of the word. It will take a lot to separate me from my DZ-1200s, but a more svelte version of the SX1 might change my mind.
Lozilla 2:36 PM - 7 August, 2014
This release is far too quick, and on the surface can't be justified. You have the number one selling controller in the industry...with fixable flaws, and you come out with a replacement rather than fix the issues with the current model? Just doesn't seem like customer experience matters all that much when it comes to controllers. Welcome to reality folks. The "Just Good Enough" treatment of the DJ's that don't play stadiums is BS.

Only seems fair that they'd offer a trade-in, trade-up program. But, is life fair......
wampaone 2:42 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
It never fails. Every time I'm set to get a controller a new one comes out. Then I wait out all the bugs. After a year on the market then I would buy the gear. They come out with something new.
To The People at Rain and Pioneer. Make something that's going to last. You make theses two thousand dollar investments. That are worth less than half the value the next year. When buy your brands we buy it because it's going to last. For DJs like myself I like to buy industry standard gear. If you guys made these changes every five years instead of every damn year that would be acceptable. Then our investment in your gear would be an investment not a waste.

A few things. A) It's Rane and they have nothing to do with this product. B) what kind of car do you drive? Is it brand new? Do you upgrade that every year?? C) if you want industry standard get pioneer cdjs 2000 or new nexus models and a djm 900 NXS/SRT 2000.
D) Serato is a fine product. they make the software, Pioneer is producing the hardware im sure they collaborate on the firmware. Serato introduced a new feature that cant be incorperated on the old hardware... if it makes you that upset, wait for the sp1mk2 or sp2 whatever they call it, you know it's coming... Even Technics had upgrades to their line of original 1200's I know I own several sets MkII's and M3Ds but I bought them knowing exactly what they did. I own an original sl1 box am I mad that it can't do serato dj? nope because it does exactly everything the way i was told it was going to do the day i bought it.
blackavenger 2:45 PM - 7 August, 2014
^ word ^
DJ TLC SOUNDS 2:46 PM - 7 August, 2014
I'VE THE PIONEER DDJ-SZ AND I LOVE IT BUT THE DDJ-SX2 IS JUST A UPGRADE TO THE DDJ-SZ WITH LESS BELLS, WATH'S NEXT THE DDJ-SZ2
itsdjrocket 3:31 PM - 7 August, 2014
So in essence with the new sx2 coming out the sx1 will drop in price.

So here is how this will go down.... I will got to guitar center and try it out. Play with it a bit and what not. THEN if I'm convinced I will get it. IF NOT I will save myself a few $$ and just get the sx1 like I have planed to so a month from now. Good timing in my part.

Numark NS6 user. Haha
Drewbdo 3:49 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
A few things. A) It's Rane and they have nothing to do with this product. B) what kind of car do you drive? Is it brand new? Do you upgrade that every year?? C) if you want industry standard get pioneer cdjs 2000 or new nexus models and a djm 900 NXS/SRT 2000.
D) Serato is a fine product. they make the software, Pioneer is producing the hardware im sure they collaborate on the firmware. Serato introduced a new feature that cant be incorperated on the old hardware... if it makes you that upset, wait for the sp1mk2 or sp2 whatever they call it, you know it's coming... Even Technics had upgrades to their line of original 1200's I know I own several sets MkII's and M3Ds but I bought them knowing exactly what they did. I own an original sl1 box am I mad that it can't do serato dj? nope because it does exactly everything the way i was told it was going to do the day i bought it.

Man, I knew I should not have bought those Technics 1200 MKII's two years ago. I mean, they finally got the bugs worked out 20 years ago, so I buy them, and they discontinue the entire line?! What kind of Customer Service is that?

Oh wait... we aren't talking about that? :)

Some people wouldn't be happy if you hung them with a new rope. :)

This is part of the reason I don't buy new technology when it is new. The first laptop I ever bought was $2000. Six months later, laptops with the same specs were selling for less than $1000, and I was still paying mine off. Depreciation at it's finest. Never again.

When it comes to technology, buy one or two generations back. Save yourself a butt-load of money, and still have nice gear.

My first MacBook Pro, a mid-2011, was purchased in summer 2012. I just bought my first Rane mixer, a used TTM-57, two years ago. I bought a new-in-box DDJ-SX from a buddy who won it in a DJ battle, but only paid used price for it, because he plans to continue rocking his 1200's and Rane 56 with SSL. I plan to keep both for several more years, then find a nice used Rane 61/62 and maybe a DDJ-SX2 (or SX3, by that time).

It's like buying a car... If you are a millionaire, buy new. If you are not, buy nice, but used. Let some other schlub take the hit on depreciation.
Terrence B 3:54 PM - 7 August, 2014
Thanks Karl,
Too bad there isn't a trade in program for people who purchased it within the past 30 days :)
wampaone 4:00 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
Thanks Karl,
Too bad there isn't a trade in program for people who purchased it within the past 30 days :)

actually there is... go to pioneerdjusa.com
wampaone 4:03 PM - 7 August, 2014
get the place you bought it from to help you on the "date purchased"... they will
DJ TeeOh 4:04 PM - 7 August, 2014
Wanna be an NS7II very much? smdh
Phil3345 4:12 PM - 7 August, 2014
Oh well so much for the ddj sz being the last controller to be released under the ddj brand.Im sure it will sell by the bucket load tho.I used a ddj sx the other day and was shocked on how poor the audio quality was compered to the sz,i hope the audio on the sx mk2 is better
blackavenger 4:21 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
Oh well so much for the ddj sz being the last controller to be released under the ddj brand.Im sure it will sell by the bucket load tho.I used a ddj sx the other day and was shocked on how poor the audio quality was compered to the sz,i hope the audio on the sx mk2 is better

What made you think that Pio was going to stop making controllers? When they stated that the SZ was the last, they didn't mean the actual last controller they would ever make. They meant that the SZ was the top of their tier. Of course there are going to be mark versions to come.....SZ mk2, SR mk2, SX mk3, and onwards for the foreseeable future.
Sarssipious 4:24 PM - 7 August, 2014
Whats going to be the difference in price?
Joee 4:26 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
What made you think that Pio was going to stop making controllers? When they stated that the SZ was the last, they didn't mean the actual last controller they would ever make. They meant that the SZ was the top of their tie

if you watch the video they said "this completes are ddj line it the forth and final unit" which would have lead you to believe they were not making another ddj

0:23
Watchwww.youtube.com
Bobby211!?2 4:44 PM - 7 August, 2014
What is flip?
dvls 4:51 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
This release is far too quick, and on the surface can't be justified. You have the number one selling controller in the industry...with fixable flaws, and you come out with a replacement rather than fix the issues with the current model? Just doesn't seem like customer experience matters all that much when it comes to controllers.

unfortunately this seems to be serato's business model-you cant sell 'fixes'-so why waste time on them?
just abandon the product and replace with something 'new' to buy-slight cosmetic change, 'new' feature(which could be free soft or firmware upgrade but no you must buy new hardware & software to get new feature or bug fix), flashing light, name change...
i was dumb enough to buy a vestax vci400-biggest issue being a popping, clicking, sample error type noise that gets progressively louder untill it's louder than the track; i.e. it's unusable-after a year of denial this is an actual response i got from serato:
'Ok, cool, yes that is a known bug, we are looking into it, and may have a fix in an upcoming release, but I have no timeframe for that.'
ok cool...assholes, i guess there's still no timeframe for that...but thanks for the firmware upgrade that disables it from being used with other software so its completely useless.
anyhow, reality check people-step up to the plate at any decent club, festival or juice stand & what do you see in front of you? (a ddj-sz3 m2 limited edition?)
no, pioneer cdjs, maybe some technics, and a pioneer or allen & heath mixer.
blackavenger 5:08 PM - 7 August, 2014
For sure. Controllers will never be considered "Pro Level" gear. You'll NEVER see them as an install in a club. You rarely see anyone use them at festivals, parties, etc.. Controllers are for Bar DJs, Wedding DJs, and Bedroom DJs. But that doesn't mean they are not fun to play on. I will always opt to play on the Nexus Setup when playing at a party....it's just so convenient to show up w' only a flashdrive. But I will rock the fawk out of my controller at home. Controllers enable you to create some pretty unique studio recordings.
Mr Wilks 5:29 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
Whats going to be the difference in price?

I think it's the same. DJ Worx has it at £809 which is SX1 price.
Mr Wilks 5:32 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
What made you think that Pio was going to stop making controllers? When they stated that the SZ was the last, they didn't mean the actual last controller they would ever make. They meant that the SZ was the top of their tie

if you watch the video they said "this completes are ddj line it the forth and final unit" which would have lead you to believe they were not making another ddj

0:23
Watchwww.youtube.com

Yeah. It's just their marketing 'fluff'.

There will be other controllers out but no more sizes. There are four sizes or "classes" of controller but won't be any more.
wampaone 5:33 PM - 7 August, 2014
tech its still not a new one ... just an upgrade.
blackavenger 5:39 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
There will be other controllers out but no more sizes. There are four sizes or "classes" of controller but won't be any more.

This. Wilks gets it.
Dj Diamond Lee 5:57 PM - 7 August, 2014
Hahaha. Yet another controller. ONce we stop buying every single one that comes out, the industry will work on quality not quantity. The overflow of new Dj's with parents pocket book is killing the old school thought process. DJ's we just need to hold our money longer because this is not going to end of new controllers every week or every month.
blackavenger 6:00 PM - 7 August, 2014
This is just the nature of modern capitalism, bro.....an offshoot of Planned Obsolescence. Get used to it. This business model isn't going anywhere, anytime soon.
DJPHILLIE04 6:14 PM - 7 August, 2014
I may have missed it but will the sound card in this new SX2 but up to par in specs as the recently released SZ? I currently have the SX and use it quite often whether it be bars, clubs, weddings, and so on. I think it's a great piece of equipment and it gets the job done. Easiest way I think to be able to upgrade is to sell what I have now to another dj in the market for 1 just not willing to spend what it cost new.... Shoot, can even still get this SX2 and just rent out my SX and just like that the world keeps spinning.
Dj Diamond Lee 6:19 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
This is just the nature of modern capitalism, bro.....an offshoot of Planned Obsolescence. Get used to it. This business model isn't going anywhere, anytime soon.

Yup yup. I.think numark v2 with 10 inch record is what I'm.waiting on
williamz 6:20 PM - 7 August, 2014
sx2 is not that much different than the sx. if i were you kids...i would save my money till a bigger upgrade comes. I feel the same way as i saw the SZ. just like everyone else i want the newest toy on the block but if the changes arent drastic why purchase one?!
DJ TLC SOUNDS 6:26 PM - 7 August, 2014
YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY EVERY MODEL, I'VE VESTAX MK2 IT'S ONE OF THE BEST CONTROLLER I EVERY USE UP TO NOW, THE PROBLEM INSTED OF GOOD QUALITY SOUND. TOO MUCH BELLS, ( IT'S YOUR MONEY YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY)
vj tech.sys 6:58 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
It looks good. I don't own a controller yet so I might cop this or the DDJ-sz2. The Dj controller game is just like the cellphone game. If you buy something today, a new better version is released tomorrow.

Instead of buying something every time a new version is released why not be happy with what you have. Use it to the max and when it's reached its limit, then you upgrade.

I'm still on an iPhone 4S because the 5 and 5s didn't add much value and my 4s worked just as good. But now the 6 is coming out and I will get that.

And the other thing, just because somethig new comes out, doesn't mean you have to buy it.

Nyce *always* makes sense around here...
i'll never understand that need to must always have THE latest gear. I know a few cats that bought the SX and decided that they didn't need everything on it, and got the SR instead.
Hell, I don't even have a controller yet, mainly because i'm waiting for the dust to settle on things. There will be a wall, that Pioneer and Serato will hit, and things will level out some. Right now, with all of the focus on Serato DJ, i'm sure that they are trying to push those envelopes of the software that they couldn't do with Scratch Live.

Also, Flip isn't exclusive to this controller, it just makes easier use of it.

as stated earlier, I don't have a controller yet. The SZ looked like it might be the one, but it's just too damned big for mobile use, IMO.
This new SX2 looks great to me, because it has DVS, which the SX didn't have.
buying this controller will not solve all problems, and i won't be selling my SL-4 just because of it.

to go along with what Nyce stated, I just recently upgraded to the iPhone 5S, and only because my old 4 (not 4S) was crapping out.

DJs, learn with what you have. learn to use it like an extension of your body. If you can't do that, you need to take a look at *why* you are a DJ.
VDJ LDB 7:18 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:

DJs, learn with what you have. learn to use it like an extension of your body. If you can't do that, you need to take a look at *why* you are a DJ.

I agree with that statement...moving on to a new controller when you haven't mastered the one you have (that's getting the job done) makes no damn sense! Minus getting the flip add on I'm not purchasing another controller. (owner of an ns7ii) I'm grabbing the new akai afx and amx just so I can rock my turntables with serato dj. That will cap off my dj purchases (unless i have to purchase new speakers) for the rest of my career more than likely. At some point you have to totally focus on making money (expanding your business) instead of spending it on dj equipment.
Soulful Horizons Music 7:40 PM - 7 August, 2014
My first and last controller for awhile...Vestax 400DJ...will take $1000 and invest in my music library and kick ass!
vj tech.sys 7:40 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
At some point you have to totally focus on making money (expanding your business) instead of spending it on dj equipment.

Yes!

I think the main reason PROFESSIONAL mobile DJs buy a controller, is to make the job easier. Fewer flight cases to lug around, the more you can work. The more you work, the more money you make. If you are constantly trying to keep up with whatever Serato Icon or the latest EDM push-play DJ is using, you'll never have any money from those gigs... and what are you working for? to show off your newest gear? no one, except for douchebag DJs care what equipment you are using, they only want to hear music.

the last event i attended (which had a Serato rep there), had cats lugging around old WHITE 13" macbooks. not the latest tech, by any means, but it's what is working for them, and they are comfortable with it.
djtuto 7:53 PM - 7 August, 2014
Ser buen dj no va en tener el ultimo controlador, sino mas bien en el buen gusto musical y dar sentido al publico que te escucha. Estoy en contra de las políticas de pioneer, muchos djs emergentes se esfuerzan por tener algo importante que en meses ya cuesta la mitad de su inversión.
DJ Cris Campos 8:01 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:

@Dj Nyce, I agree. I've had my sx for a year now which i like a lot. The only way I would upgrade is if the price is right! BTW, I still have my 4s.. waiting for the 6!! Peace!!
Asu 8:50 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
What is flip?

THAT'S WHEN I GIVE U THE FINGER FOR HARRASING ME AND REQUESTING SONGS EVERY 5 MINS LOL
Chris_B 8:50 PM - 7 August, 2014
Serato stated in their 28th of July announcement that hardware controls are being mapped for supported current hardware. Perhaps a less ergonomic way to trigger Flip, but still quite doable when your equipment lacks dedicated Flip controls.
Asu 9:01 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks Karl,

actually there is... go to pioneerdjusa.com

that's a Manufacturer rebate program started on Aug 1st,2014....nothing to do with previous purchases
dj agraco 9:39 PM - 7 August, 2014
oooo 3 new buttons!!!! ooooo colors!!!!!!!! I have to get this!!!!!!!!
why don't you put a thermometer in sx3? and bring it out in october!!!!!
Mr Wilks 9:47 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
oooo 3 new buttons!!!! ooooo colors!!!!!!!! I have to get this!!!!!!!!
why don't you put a thermometer in sx3? and bring it out in october!!!!!

I'd only buy it if it had a thermometer too. (A barometer would be it's follow up 6 months later).

No thermometer. No sale.

How would I know if the temperature outside would warp the metal top when I put it into the boot of my car to drive to a gig in -2 degrees?
Dj Wunder 11:17 PM - 7 August, 2014
I don't see the big deal. Just did my sx1 for 750. I think having it for 2 years was worth 150 bucks. It easily made me 50x that over the years
Mr Wilks 12:06 AM - 8 August, 2014
Quote:
I don't see the big deal. Just did my sx1 for 750. I think having it for 2 years was worth 150 bucks. It easily made me 50x that over the years

So true. They earn good money.

But I can't see them going for 750 that now this SX2 has come out... maybe 550?
Terrence B 12:15 AM - 8 August, 2014
Happy Days!!! Took my SX back to Guitar Center (Since it was within 30 days) returned it and bought it back. Now I can take advantage of the $200 rebate... Keep the SX and if I want flipping DVS now I buy the Akai unit and now i'm portable and can use as a mini controller when I'm on the road. Makes a difference when trying out sets versus just being able to set cues, loops and beat grids in offline mode.
DJ K-Ceaser 12:35 AM - 8 August, 2014
Beast MODE! The Pioneer DDJS-X is the Greatest Controller Available, As Far as Size, Durability and Options. Happy to see the Few Improvements that have been made, however no Jog-Wheel Tension Adjustment is Unfortunate. Other than that I'm still hype to try it Out!
pdidy 1:56 AM - 8 August, 2014
Quote:
however no Jog-Wheel Tension Adjustment is Unfortunate. Other than that I'm still hype to try it Out!

no Jog-Wheel Tension Adjustment is my only deal breaker but i really want one but cant.
Kevin Rebellious 2:05 AM - 8 August, 2014
Pioneer and Serato have turned the release of their Controllers into a circus. We don't even settle into one and another is released and then we also have to pay for stuff to upgrade. It's becoming a bit frustrating. Miss the days of the Technics SL 1200. All we had to buy were vinyls and in the long run didn't cost as much.
wampaone 2:28 AM - 8 August, 2014
No one is forcing you to upgrade. All you could do with your vinyls is beat match and use sone FX if you had a decent mixer. You want bells and whistles. Pony up bitches!!! For me in holding out for the ddj that makes girls panties drop at the hit of a button... Oh wait they already do cuz Im a DJ!!!
wampaone 2:29 AM - 8 August, 2014
Vinyl*
RUBEN328 3:12 AM - 8 August, 2014
NUMARK NV VS PIONEER DDJ SX2 ?? WHICH ONE ??
blackavenger 3:15 AM - 8 August, 2014
Quote:
Miss the days of the Technics SL 1200. All we had to buy were vinyls and in the long run didn't cost as much.

You're joking, right? I have over $30,000 worth of vinyl that disagrees with you. Digital tracks are less than a third of the price of what vinyl used to cost. I'll take these solutions over those from the past, any day.
DJ K-Ceaser 3:38 AM - 8 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
however no Jog-Wheel Tension Adjustment is Unfortunate. Other than that I'm still hype to try it Out!

no Jog-Wheel Tension Adjustment is my only deal breaker but i really want one but cant.

@ Pdidy I feel you, but I got used to not having it on the SX, and it worked out for me. Yet and still not having it is Whack.
DJ TLC SOUNDS 2:21 PM - 8 August, 2014
Most DJ buy a Controller for the rang reason, you should buy base on your need, some people will never use all 4 decks when they DJ.
jacksmallwood 6:18 PM - 8 August, 2014
do you still need scratch live/traktor scracth to use timecoded vinyl or use external turntables to control mp3 or not?
blackavenger 6:39 PM - 8 August, 2014
For SeratoDJ noisemap (timecode), you'll need to purchase the DVS plugin which is $100. Then you can use the SX2 as your soundcard for use w' Turntables.
jacksmallwood 6:41 PM - 8 August, 2014
thank you
wampaone 7:32 PM - 8 August, 2014
Free to the first 1000 units.
dj_master 1:03 AM - 9 August, 2014
color buttons are the main difference, but anything important if it is honest... maybe the sound card became better?
Asu 7:27 AM - 9 August, 2014
Quote:
color buttons are the main difference, but anything important if it is honest... maybe the sound card became better?

and the Mic pre-amps
Dj DejiLex 1:29 PM - 9 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Who Knows how many $ it may cost, i may not be able to afford it :(
Dj DejiLex 1:31 PM - 9 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Then a new controller is released, The DDJ-SZ2.
Oh the madness...

lol.. you dehmn right
blackavenger 2:45 PM - 9 August, 2014
Quote:
Who Knows how many $ it may cost, i may not be able to afford it :(

It's already been established that the SX2 is replacing the SX1, so the price is going to be exactly the same as a new SX1.......somewhere around $999.

www.pioneerelectronics.com

www.agiprodj.com

www.pssl.com
Wildman 5:05 PM - 9 August, 2014
Just insane!!!!! Crazy part is once you get it....2 yrs from now there will e something newer by them coming out!
blackavenger 5:19 PM - 9 August, 2014
Probably sooner than that.
wampaone 5:34 PM - 9 August, 2014
I swear all you controller fan boys are whiny lil girls!!! Of course new products come out every year. At least it was about 2 years before this one had an update. Even their CDJs are updated every 3.
blackavenger 5:55 PM - 9 August, 2014
^ I concur ^
Dj Diamond Lee 6:11 PM - 9 August, 2014
As I said before controller dj its time to wake up and work with what we got. Newer Shit don't make u a better dj. Maximizing your potential on current set up. Buying this new controller ain't going to.get u more gigs.
wampaone 2:29 AM - 10 August, 2014
I understand wanting the best, don't get me wrong. I had to sell my cdj850s to satisfy riders and It was a good excuse to get 2000s. But newer isn't gonna make you better!! Maybe allow you to do more tricks... But so will a few technics and some turntablist/scratching lessons!!!
DJChad72 5:44 AM - 10 August, 2014
Hardware manufacturers are responding to us just as much as we are responding to them. In 2 years time Pioneer and Serato have cranked out Serato DJ and a full and proper line of Pioneer DDJ controllers. Now it's time to start upgrading the family over the next 2 years. If one manufacturer (say Pioneer) stands still too long another (say Numark) will pull ahead and then people complain why Pioneer isn't getting with the game.

It's called staying competitive. Usually Serato does a pretty good job grand fathering new features intro existing controllers. However once in a while a new feature requires more than just a mapping of buttons and needs actual new hardware. I had an Allen & Heath Xone DX and loved that thing. I was sad Serato DJ didn't pull in the DX but I get why. It was a specialized controller like a lot of controller are.... They all have their niche and focus. Which is why we usually gravitate toward one controller over another. The down side is that speciality sometimes means it's limited for future features.

I do wish Serato DJ would embrace a house centric controller like the DX again. But again that controller was specialized which sets it apart but it also makes it harder to stay on track with other future capabilities.
Dave Anderson 3:24 PM - 10 August, 2014
I have no problem upgrading. These things pay for themselves over time if you charge for your DJ services and you can always sell the old one.
DJChad72 3:35 PM - 10 August, 2014
Exactly Mr. Anderson ..... Buy newest and sell oldest on eBay or Craigslist. The difference that you pay is more in line for the new features you get in the newer controller. Plus your hardware stays more valuable. Plus if you're in the US and doing proper accounting of you equipment, most of it depreciates in the first year anyway... which means you get a better tax refund to offset the cost.
wampaone 6:10 PM - 10 August, 2014
You guys get it!! The trick is to buy on release , sell on release... I've made 3x what I paid for my djm 900 nexus just from renting it out not even counting my own gigs and such.
Pure Juice 2:56 AM - 11 August, 2014
wow! every thing and more. I have the SX,but it looks like i have to upgrade
Vtaz 6:13 AM - 13 August, 2014
Hello people! My opinion about all that is more simple. Is all about choices and im talking for equipment . everyone knows our beloved pionner make changes without ask nobody and a lot of times is not so good. Simple example I buy the ddj sx and after 3 months I sell it (lucky me) so I stick to my weapon of choice cdj 1000mk3 rane sixty eight.when I get mobile my numark ns 7. The point is they release products with the minimum testing and they upgraded all just for fun. (I'm talking about my self now and for sure I don't want to change someone's opinion for that great company)
DJMICHELSOUNDZZ 3:17 PM - 17 August, 2014
BIG UP PIONEER DJ..BIG UP DDJ-SX2...
Chris_B 3:51 PM - 17 August, 2014
Sold my SX. Customer paid 70% of the original price. Very nice! Waiting for an SZ2.
DJMICHELSOUNDZZ 4:10 PM - 17 August, 2014
BIG UP PIONEER DJ FOR DDJ-SX2
blackavenger 4:24 PM - 17 August, 2014
Quote:
Waiting for an SZ2

You mean SX2, right? If you are waiting for an SZ2, it might be about a year.
Chris_B 5:39 PM - 17 August, 2014
SZ2. Doesn't matter how long it takes.
blackavenger 6:43 PM - 17 August, 2014
I used to be all about the SZ, and then I saw one in person. That thing is HUGE!!
If I am going to go that large, I would rather just have a Nexus Setup.

I think the SX2 is a pretty good balance between features and size.
Joe Fresh 10:08 PM - 17 August, 2014
Quote:
I used to be all about the SZ, and then I saw one in person. That thing is HUGE!!
If I am going to go that large, I would rather just have a Nexus Setup.

I think the SX2 is a pretty good balance between features and size.

Agreed.
bar:tone 2:47 AM - 18 August, 2014
Quote:

still rocking my 1200's. still relevant. I'm getting my moneys worth out of those suckers. now I hope my new rand 62 lasts me a decade.
Chris_B 10:27 AM - 18 August, 2014
Still havin' fun with my good ol' Numark NS6. Lacks all the bells and whistles of the SX but I don't mind. I love it's simplicity.
blackavenger 4:37 PM - 18 August, 2014
you know that you can keep your NS6, and just add an Akai AFX when it comes out. You'll get all the new bells & whistles, and keep the controller you like so much. Get another small rotary MIDI, and you can even have filters. It's still cheaper than buying a new SX/NV.
ABrau73 2:44 AM - 19 August, 2014
I don't usually post. I just bought a DDJ SX without knowing a new version was coming out, on August 1st. I am very frustrated that the latency issue with the jog wheel is being fixed which is something that has been killing me. I just found out I cannot return DJ equipment to the seller because they do not honor the 30 day satisfaction guarantee for DJ equipment.
So I wish, from a magic genie in a lamp, that there would be a firmware upgrade that could fix my issue without having to pay for new equipment.
pdidy 3:24 AM - 19 August, 2014
Quote:
I don't usually post. I just bought a DDJ SX without knowing a new version was coming out, on August 1st. I am very frustrated that the latency issue with the jog wheel is being fixed which is something that has been killing me. I just found out I cannot return DJ equipment to the seller because they do not honor the 30 day satisfaction guarantee for DJ equipment.
So I wish, from a magic genie in a lamp, that there would be a firmware upgrade that could fix my issue without having to pay for new equipment.

Lesson learned here today......Demo before you buy, research before you buy, Buy from a reputable dealer that honors all returns......
Dj Nyce 2:53 PM - 20 August, 2014
Quote:

call your credit card company. you should be able to return a purchase within 30 days.

i have a black signature visa from navy federal and i can return anything anytime up to a year after purchase. my amex has similar perks.
Gilbert Monroy 9:40 PM - 23 August, 2014
To all you guys that just bought the DDJ-SX this month or plan on buying one between now & Sept 30.....There is a $200.00 REBATE.
FMFame 4:51 PM - 1 September, 2014
Hi Serato Team,
I am not sure which controller is better for me. This new function (flip) on sx2 is also mappable to other devices? Do you already work on new mappings (for ns 7 ii) ?

I dont know which controller i should buy. SX, SX2 or NS 7 II.
I think the NS 7 II is also a very professional controller, but this flip functions are really cool.

Please give me answers.
blackavenger 7:46 PM - 1 September, 2014
Quote:
Please give me answers.

Figure out which one you'd like better.........go w' it. Pretty simple, really.
behein 3:31 AM - 4 September, 2014
is it possible that the sx would work w/ the SL 2?
Dj Sniperkid 5:59 AM - 18 September, 2014
I wanna know the release date
vj tech.sys 8:20 PM - 24 September, 2014
Quote:
is it possible that the sx would work w/ the SL 2?

there's almost no reason to do that, since the SX2 will do DVS (with the $100 plug-in). With that said, i can see why someone would want to, to save that coin.

I haven't invested in a Pioneer controller yet, as i have the SL-4. From a a couple of different DJs i know, they have mentioned that the SL bioxes have better sound than the controllers, but i haven't done a side-by-side on that, so it could be hot air.
Tropez 7:44 PM - 1 October, 2014
Quote:

200$ rebate bro!!
Tropez 7:48 PM - 1 October, 2014
Quote:

10/17/2014 ish
Dave Anderson 7:53 PM - 1 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

10/17/2014 ish

I got mine last week
Tropez 7:54 PM - 1 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

10/17/2014 ish

I got mine last week

Where you order from brah?
Dave Anderson 7:57 PM - 1 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

10/17/2014 ish

I got mine last week

The System Music Warehouse. I'm In Canada.
Tropez 7:58 PM - 1 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

10/17/2014 ish

I got mine last week

I'm jelly!
Dave Anderson 8:02 PM - 1 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

10/17/2014 ish

I got mine last week

I'm jelly!

You'll get yours soon friend. I Got it so I could do some 4 deck DVS ish.
JMarin 5:14 PM - 16 October, 2014
Please let me know the release date. I ordered Mine from Beginning of Sept and the release date is always being pused back. was hoping to get it for end of spetember and did not release, release date was pushed back to 15 of oct and now pushed back until 30 of oct. this SUCKS! I odered from 123dj and they say pioneer pushing back dates
DJ K-Ceaser 10:24 PM - 22 October, 2014
Just GOT Mine Check IT out Yall Peace!
youtu.be
chims 4:23 PM - 29 October, 2014
Quote:
youtu.be

DJ K-Ceaser, that was one turnt up review vid!
DJ K-Ceaser 6:10 PM - 29 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
youtu.be

DJ K-Ceaser, that was one turnt up review vid!

Much Luv Thanks!
dj c los 8:27 PM - 15 November, 2014
I had the sz2 but I returned because it felt cheap for 2 stack if am buying something for that price I want it to be bullet proof, shock proof, water resitant. I wanted to be a hype beast tank pioneer do you hear me make it happen for me we call it the pioneer tank make it so beast that I wont to buy extra coverage for it.
pdidy 9:42 PM - 15 November, 2014
Quote:
I had the sz2 but I returned because it felt cheap for 2 stack if am buying something for that price I want it to be bullet proof, shock proof, water resitant. I wanted to be a hype beast tank pioneer do you hear me make it happen for me we call it the pioneer tank make it so beast that I wont to buy extra coverage for it.

i call bullshit, ain't no such thing as a sz2. Ain't no such thing as a "bullet proof, shock proof, water resitant." Controller.

If you payed $2000 for a controller that never existed NOBODYS gonna believe you.....lol
Joee 9:50 PM - 15 November, 2014
Quote:
i call bullshit, ain't no such thing as a sz2. Ain't no such thing as a "bullet proof, shock proof, water resitant." Controller.

If you payed $2000 for a controller that never existed NOBODYS gonna believe you.....lol

maybe he meant to say i had the sz two (also)……..cause no one believes him on a szmkII
Phuture2 1:34 AM - 17 November, 2014
Does it have auto mix as well. Lol
DJ SLOREA 8:17 AM - 13 December, 2014
Anyone know if the EQs are full kill or not?
Fav 12:34 AM - 14 December, 2014
Oh well, the DDJ-SX lasted a solid year! :o - I dare say a DDJ-SZ2 is on its way next year then...... Hopefully with USB option and flip! - Then in 2016, there will be the DDZ-SX3 which will feature god know what!

Really, how many more features on hardware are join to either improve you as a DJ or improve our DJing experience for nearly all possible scenarios?
Dave Anderson 8:36 PM - 27 December, 2014
Quote:

Yes EQs are full kill.
DJ SLOREA 11:24 AM - 10 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Yes EQs are full kill.

don't mean to be all knit-picky(?) but do you mean the eqs are now isolators? Each one of them?
Dave Anderson 4:19 PM - 11 January, 2015
don't mean to be all knit-picky(?) but do you mean the eqs are now isolators? Each one of them?

Yes