Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Serato DJ 1.7 Public Beta

4:12 AM, 31 Jul 2014
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
h3yah 12:38 AM - 5 August, 2014
:)
DJ Ed X 12:49 AM - 5 August, 2014
Everything in this update is exactly what I've been waiting for. Thanks guys. I cant wait for next month when the full version is released.
BrendanClay 1:21 AM - 5 August, 2014
Bring on the full release!

Might start using it out - replacing Scratch Live - if it's rock solid!

;)
tolentine 2:15 AM - 5 August, 2014
Novation Twitch fix! Thanks Serato devs!
pablo_s 3:34 AM - 5 August, 2014
I own a ns7 and sometimes when i play with it the song pitch increase randomly. I read the bug fix and there is nothing about the problem i have nor any fix concerning the ns7
mixxinmel 5:03 AM - 5 August, 2014
or what about the left deck on the V7 skipping back to the begining of the track when pitch is moved on the right deck??? this has been a problem for some time now????
CihanAkar 8:49 AM - 5 August, 2014
Are the Hid needle dropping Problems on CDJ´s solved ?
m1dj2nv@sbcglobal.net 9:54 AM - 5 August, 2014
Did you fix the Midi Mapping for Rane 64 it was working for 1.5, then stopped for 1.6 I called in the tech said that they will let the design dept know that feature was disabled for 1.6. just checking to see if anything was done!
Philmixit 10:25 AM - 5 August, 2014
Thanks guys for the hard work you put in to Serato LOVE it, I tested it last night and most of the issues I had seams to be fix. I know all you guys needed was time to fix them, again thanks great JOB>
Dj Bigg Wigg 1:26 PM - 5 August, 2014
I have the Rane 64. The problem I am having is with the latency. After a few hours the timing with the DVS would go off. If this update fix that problem then I am thankful.
Sand 2:56 PM - 5 August, 2014
Still no instant start fix for the NS7 2, thanks a lot Serato. Do we have to wait another year or are you just going to keep on concentrating on new gear.
Djeddcarl 7:15 PM - 5 August, 2014
Am so excited and looking forward for next months' release of new version... T Y Serato...:)
jorgevega 3:11 AM - 6 August, 2014
serato video deverian mejorarlo igual tanto para usarios de windows como de mac , serai de gran ayudar para los usuarios ya que la mayoria a tenido problemas , por codificacion etc , seria bueno hacer el pluging un poco mas amigable .
jorgevega 3:18 AM - 6 August, 2014
serato video deverian mejorarlo tanto para usuarios de windows como de mac , seria de gran ayuda para los usuarios ya que la mayoria a tenido problema , ojala en las proximas actualisaciones mejore y sea mas amigable serato video .
Serato, Support
Martin C 3:26 AM - 6 August, 2014
Quote:
I own a ns7 and sometimes when i play with it the song pitch increase randomly. I read the bug fix and there is nothing about the problem i have nor any fix concerning the ns7

Hey guys,

Please submit a bug report in the beta are for this so can get further information to help with the investigation on this issue.

Quote:
Did you fix the Midi Mapping for Rane 64 it was working for 1.5, then stopped for 1.6 I called in the tech said that they will let the design dept know that feature was disabled for 1.6. just checking to see if anything was done!

I am pretty sure we did - please try the beta and check it out!

Quote:
I have the Rane 64. The problem I am having is with the latency. After a few hours the timing with the DVS would go off. If this update fix that problem then I am thankful.[/quote

We are investigating that issue currently. Please use the beta which contains some extra logging data that will help us find the cause. You can create a bug report in that area! Thanks :)

Quote:
Still no instant start fix for the NS7 2, thanks a lot Serato. Do we have to wait another year or are you just going to keep on concentrating on new gear.

Sorry mate, not this time round. Hopefully soon after this release though.
SIMPLY SMOOTH 3:48 AM - 6 August, 2014
Hey Guys this release is still buggy .

I have a 62 mixer and the latency is bad in H.I.D mode with this release .

As a result i have to go back to good old scratch live which works flawlessly with the 62 .
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:23 AM - 6 August, 2014
Hi SIMPLY SMOOTH,

Please create a bug report here: serato.com and I can try help you with that!
DJ TeeOh 5:12 AM - 6 August, 2014
Has the NS7 Aux bug been solved? I know some still having issues with the Mic/ Line-in too.
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:17 AM - 6 August, 2014
What is the issue with the aux exactly? Try out the beta and find out! :)
DJ TeeOh 5:39 AM - 6 August, 2014
Never mind, already got the answer. :)
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:41 AM - 6 August, 2014
Great!
Dj Krissmonee 1:33 PM - 6 August, 2014
I am still having problems with the drop out lights when using sound effects it is constantly flashing between red and orange. My laptop specs are as follows:
Lenovo U400
I5 processor 2.4 GHZ
6 GB DDR3
750 GB hard drive
panliv 4:37 PM - 6 August, 2014
cdj-350 support?!?when?!?
mercmonk 9:15 PM - 6 August, 2014
Has the new beta/update cured the issue of switching samples banks a,b,c,d on pioneer Ddj sx where the computer spikes into red and sometimes crashes?
Manolo Martinez 10:33 PM - 6 August, 2014
Great!
DJSergius 3:20 AM - 7 August, 2014
TWITCH fixes finally!

I don't see the fader/ FX pickup funtion fixed in the description though. That's the biggest issue for me so far. It's been a year since the initial release and it worked in Itch so why would it take so long to get it fixed? I will test the beta later and leave feedback.

Thanks Serato.
Decyfa 10:16 AM - 7 August, 2014
Why discontinue compatability for 10.6.8 Snow Leopard? Mavericks is a state so I dont want to upgrade to it?
mercmonk 10:27 AM - 7 August, 2014
I
Quote:
Why discontinue compatability for 10.6.8 Snow Leopard? Mavericks is a state so I dont want to upgrade to it?

I upgraded to maverick but not a fan so agree with u.seems a bit early too not support it
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:25 AM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:

There is no plans to support the CDJ-350 at this stage.

Quote:

10.6.8 was released over 3 years ago. We support 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9, and if we are to prepare for 10.10, we must move forward I am afraid. In order to take advantage of better technologies and improve our software, older OS support must be discontinued eventually, sorry!

Quote:
Has the new beta/update cured the issue of switching samples banks a,b,c,d on pioneer Ddj sx where the computer spikes into red and sometimes crashes?

I have not heard of that myself. Please try the beta to see if there is any improvement. If not, please start a bug report and I can try and help you with that: serato.com

Quote:
I am still having problems with the drop out lights when using sound effects it is constantly flashing between red and orange.

Again, please create a separate report so I can assist you individually in the beta area: serato.com this is the best way I can provide help for you :)
DJ Joe Cooley 2:32 PM - 7 August, 2014
Will this fix the problem w/ the DDJ SR Controller freezing up? About 1 1/2 to 2 hours while performing the system locks up and has to be rebooted! Please advise.
mercmonk 2:41 PM - 7 August, 2014
Martin s
I have sent reports and serato have been brilliant but havnt fixed it.o have seen other people with the same issue and I have now Sussex out the issue to a degree.sone of my sample banks have DJ drops that are say 10 seconds long and if I have a banks say B loaded with these if I jump from a to b then u see the CPU meter top right spike up to nearly red or sometimes red and crash.
What I have now done is not overload each bank so when u switch between them it's much better and green meter goes up to say 60-70%.its still not perfect but much better.
I tried this out with another djs laptop and his Ddj sx and same problem
Dj-Melo 6:34 PM - 7 August, 2014
how / where can i find the this beta version to test it out
Danny_DJ 7:23 PM - 7 August, 2014
What is meant by "Improvements to CTRL + F search functionality"

Finally an option to stay INSIDE the current crate while searching?
Or a dedicated shortcut for doing so?
Or an option to quickly return to the recent focus after a global search?
DJ RENZO C 7:46 PM - 7 August, 2014
?
Danny_DJ 7:53 PM - 7 August, 2014
Just read the release notes.
DJ Duben De Fresh 8:16 PM - 7 August, 2014
Sorry i'm new here. Where is the download link for the beta vers.?
DJ Duben De Fresh 8:28 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
Sorry i'm new here. Where is the download link for the beta vers.?

I found it. Thanks
rev d 11:30 PM - 7 August, 2014
Still no Novation Twitch fader FX fix ? :-(

We've been patient and this is the main gripe on Twitch as you know!
DJSergius 11:46 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:

Nope. Just tested 1.7 with Twitch today and submitted a bug report for this version. Even made a video with a comparison to Itch showing the exact problem. Keep an eye on my report here:

serato.com

A link to the video is on the report at the bottom.
rev d 11:50 PM - 7 August, 2014
Thanks DJSergius - fingers crossed they fix it this time.
DJ K-Ceaser 12:37 AM - 8 August, 2014
Testing the 1.7 beta I have noticed that you cannot Add Songs to a Newly Created Crate.
Serato, Support
Martin C 3:51 AM - 8 August, 2014
Quote:
Will this fix the problem w/ the DDJ SR Controller freezing up? About 1 1/2 to 2 hours while performing the system locks up and has to be rebooted! Please advise.

Im fairly positive that issue was resolved by updating your DDJ-SR firmware wasn't it? I recommend just trying out the beta to see if the issue is still there. If it is, please make a report and I can help out: serato.com

Quote:
I have sent reports and serato have been brilliant but havnt fixed it.o have seen other people with the same issue and I have now Sussex out the issue to a degree.sone of my sample banks have DJ drops that are say 10 seconds long and if I have a banks say B loaded with these if I jump from a to b then u see the CPU meter top right spike up to nearly red or sometimes red and crash.

Hey man, I'd really like to help you out and talk about this more. Did you already create a bug report for this? If so, where could I find it. If you hadn't already you can make one here: serato.com

Quote:
how / where can i find the this beta version to test it out

Go here: serato.com

Quote:
What is meant by "Improvements to CTRL + F search functionality"

• Pressing ESC when in Search Box takes you back to the crate you were in
• Clicking X in the search box will take you back to the crate you were in
• Takes you back to the highlighted track position you were in when you started searching

Quote:

Sorry guys, we worked out on quite a few TWITCH issues, but did not get to this one.

Quote:
Testing the 1.7 beta I have noticed that you cannot Add Songs to a Newly Created Crate.

I am unable to reproduce this issue.

Guys, please if you are finding issues with the beta, you need help or just have some general feedback, please create a report: serato.com it really is the best way so we can talk individually.

Thanks in advance :)
DJ TwoCities 4:54 AM - 8 August, 2014
need a link to the download for 1.7 beta
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:01 AM - 8 August, 2014
Quote:

DJ TwoCities 5:04 AM - 8 August, 2014
thank you got it
Danny_DJ 9:29 AM - 8 August, 2014
Quote:

• Pressing ESC when in Search Box takes you back to the crate you were in
• Clicking X in the search box will take you back to the crate you were in
• Takes you back to the highlighted track position you were in when you started searching

finally, after 8 years: thanks for listening, serato :)
Dj infinity seen 99 11:15 AM - 8 August, 2014
nice one, for sera to dj user. i,have been looking foword to how great its look this a great work from serato
Dj infinity seen 99 11:17 AM - 8 August, 2014
thanks so much doing that
DJ TwoCities 11:35 AM - 8 August, 2014
so far no problems for me with this beta... seems rock solid but i know it may still need some tweaks. good job
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:37 PM - 8 August, 2014
Thanks for the support guys. We are always looking to improve the software and making things better for you all.

If you do find any problems with the beta or have any feedback just remember to jump in the beta area and create a report :)
turntablist master junry 3:30 PM - 8 August, 2014
link pls
turntablist master junry 3:51 PM - 8 August, 2014
how about the audio and waveform stop in 1 sec......
turntablist master junry 3:51 PM - 8 August, 2014
its for vci300
james richie 7:18 PM - 8 August, 2014
ns6 no hide artist (ctrl + m)
wave still dont resize after going from 4 deck to 2
platters feel more responsive
no crash on windows lastnight
playing more tonight to see

james
james richie 7:20 PM - 8 August, 2014
no record line in still on ns6
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:54 PM - 8 August, 2014
Quote:
link pls

There is only ONE link in that blog post, in this first sentence, so you simply need to click on it, but here you go: serato.com

Quote:
how about the audio and waveform stop in 1 sec......

We really need to know a bit more information to determine what causes that for you. This blog post is not the best place for it, so please create a report here: serato.com

Quote:
ns6 no hide artist (ctrl + m)

ALT + M is the shortcut, not CTRL + M.

Quote:
no record line in still on ns6

The NS6 does not allow us to record the line inputs into the Serato DJ mix engine unfortunately. That source is hardware mixed.

Quote:
wave still dont resize after going from 4 deck to 2
platters feel more responsive
no crash on windows lastnight
playing more tonight to see

Thanks for checking out James. To discuss those issues further, please create a bug report: serato.com
owenbizzle 1:26 AM - 9 August, 2014
Still want 10% pitch for DDJ-SZ please add to final release!!
Serato, Support
Martin C 6:02 AM - 9 August, 2014
Quote:
Still want 10% pitch for DDJ-SZ please add to final release!!

Sorry owen, we won't be adding this option. If you feel this an important request and that others will agree with you, please create a feature suggestion here: serato.com

Thanks.
DISGUISED 12:23 PM - 9 August, 2014
It would be nice if the Numark N4 looping problem could get solved too. Or make it possible to midi map any controller (so also the ones with a preset matching).
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:30 PM - 9 August, 2014
Quote:
It would be nice if the Numark N4 looping problem could get solved too.

What is the problem with N4 looping? Have you made a report somewhere about this on the forum already?
DJ Yaitanis 12:37 PM - 9 August, 2014
I don't see how you can change Track Color on the Fly. You need to change the highlight color then reload the song for color to change.
DISGUISED 12:41 PM - 9 August, 2014
Quote:

What is the problem with N4 looping? Have you made a report somewhere about this on the forum already?

No auto-loop. I get that getting loop rolls in the mapping is too complicated and a selling point on specific devices, but manually looping is really unproductive and I don't think it should be so complicated. One button goes to 'start autoloop', the one left of it to 'smaller loop', the one right 'longer loop', Serato recognizes these signals and boom!

I haven't opened any report, but I'm sure there are enough:
e.g. serato.com
djallstyle 11:09 PM - 9 August, 2014
Where's Daytime Mode??
Dj Kshift 12:14 AM - 10 August, 2014
Are we getting the "Reverse Input Control" in this 1.7 version?
Really needed :(
Thanks
SG SOUNDS 1:09 PM - 10 August, 2014
Im currently using snow leopard 10.6.8 on my macbook probook going on 5 years now running SSL and serato dj without any problems..I downloaded the new 1.7 beta and found out its not supported with snow leopard 10.6.8...Which ox system should I upgrade to run the new beta Maverick, Mountain Lion or 10.9?..Please help which of these is stable for serato dj...
DJMIYAGI 9:55 PM - 10 August, 2014
Quote:
Im currently using snow leopard 10.6.8 on my macbook probook going on 5 years now running SSL and serato dj without any problems..I downloaded the new 1.7 beta and found out its not supported with snow leopard 10.6.8...Which ox system should I upgrade to run the new beta Maverick, Mountain Lion or 10.9?..Please help which of these is stable for serato dj...

Latest version of Mavericks since you have a MacBook Pro. MacBooks can only go up to Lion though.
DJMIYAGI 9:56 PM - 10 August, 2014
It's a free download on Apple's website
SG SOUNDS 9:09 AM - 11 August, 2014
Quote:
It's a free download on Apple's website

Is Mavericks stable with serato dj? I dont want to upgrade to maverick until im sure its stable with serato dj
mercmonk 10:10 AM - 11 August, 2014
I have upgraded to it as a fellow DJ friend and no issues djing with it comparability wise.
I have had an issue with the sample banks but that's solved now
SG SOUNDS 11:10 AM - 11 August, 2014
Quote:
I have upgraded to it as a fellow DJ friend and no issues djing with it comparability wise.
I have had an issue with the sample banks but that's solved now

Thanks for the quick reply...think im gonna give it a try
DJLC949 7:59 PM - 11 August, 2014
Where can I download this beta version???
DJLC949 8:22 PM - 11 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Need Link to download Please!!!!!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 10:00 PM - 11 August, 2014
Quote:
Where can I download this beta version???

Please read the blog post. There's a link to the beta there.
dj vegas 6:52 AM - 12 August, 2014
can a brother get a search box for my crates please!!!!
dj sinister c 7:58 AM - 12 August, 2014
really like the look and new functions on serato dj but as a dj that like to scratch on my cdj2000 in hid mode the lag is a huge issue compared to scratch live is this is this issue resolved in 1.7??
deejaykillerfire@live.fr 6:10 PM - 12 August, 2014
merci le test pas mal sur windows 7 /32 bit
pedro l garcia b 6:49 PM - 12 August, 2014
SPLIT CUE IN DDJ SX?????
SG SOUNDS 8:56 PM - 12 August, 2014
Downloaded Mavericks with my fingers cross...took about a hour to update everything,i aint gonna lie during that hour i was scared to death everything would wipe out clean on my mac,but thank god everything went smooth. Now my macbook pro 2009 model is running like a well oiled machine everything seems faster now..So i finally opened up 1.7 beta and gave it a 2 hour mix session,so far everything is running smooth with no problems thus far....

One thing i did notice is the line signals is hotter in this version...Even when you record a session the recorded track wavelength is more bigger and fuller than the past version,don't know if anybody else noticed...Other than that so far so good...
djwillwtpb 1:44 AM - 13 August, 2014
where the download link?????
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:27 AM - 13 August, 2014
In the Public Beta forum area - second thread from the top.
djwillwtpb 2:28 AM - 13 August, 2014
got thx samuel! have you used it live yet??
DJ K-Ceaser 2:48 AM - 13 August, 2014
Just Noticed that when Using a CD the songs don't load in the CD Crate on Serato DJ.
Serato, Support
Martin C 3:10 AM - 13 August, 2014
Quote:
I don't see how you can change Track Color on the Fly. You need to change the highlight color then reload the song for color to change.

Works for me, have you submitted a report for this in the beta area? Thats the best way for us to discuss this issue: serato.com

Quote:
No auto-loop. I get that getting loop rolls in the mapping is too complicated and a selling point on specific devices, but manually looping is really unproductive and I don't think it should be so complicated. One button goes to 'start autoloop', the one left of it to 'smaller loop', the one right 'longer loop', Serato recognizes these signals and boom!

I haven't opened any report, but I'm sure there are enough:

Ok, if you want to discuss mappings, here is not the place to do it. I'd recommend starting a feature suggestion discussion: serato.com

Outline your proposed mappings and then if others feel the same, they can contribute to the discussion. There aren't enough reports of it currently, because I wasn't aware of it. I'm happy to partake in the discussion if you send me a link once you have made it.

Quote:
Where's Daytime Mode??

Sorry, not this release. Its still planned to happen though, just not sure when exactly.

Quote:
Thanks

What is the main reason you use this feature? Most people have found instant doubles as a better solution for one deck mixing, if that is the reason.
Serato, Support
Martin C 3:20 AM - 13 August, 2014
Quote:
can a brother get a search box for my crates please!!!!

Not in this release, sorry.

Quote:
really like the look and new functions on serato dj but as a dj that like to scratch on my cdj2000 in hid mode the lag is a huge issue compared to scratch live is this is this issue resolved in 1.7??

Can you be more specific what you mean by huge lag issue?

Quote:
SPLIT CUE IN DDJ SX?????

Sorry, we don't believe this is a feature that can be available for the DDJ-SX. Serato DJ sends the DDJ-SX the cue sum and not the monitor mix. The DDJ-SX does the final mix between the master and cues in the hardware and we have no way of sending the master to one headphone channel only.

The fact that DDJ-SX does the final mix, is the same reason that allows you to use the DDJ-SX a hardware mixer for external sources, so there is an advantage there in that regard.

Quote:
Downloaded Mavericks with my fingers cross...took about a hour to update everything,i aint gonna lie during that hour i was scared to death everything would wipe out clean on my mac,but thank god everything went smooth.

You should always back up all your data to an external drive before upgrading OS. Even better, use time machine: support.apple.com

Mavericks is pretty sweet, the majority of mac users running Serato DJ are on mavericks.

Quote:
One thing i did notice is the line signals is hotter in this version...Even when you record a session the recorded track wavelength is more bigger and fuller than the past version,don't know if anybody else noticed...Other than that so far so good...

Did you try adjusting the recording gain inside the recording panel to make it more suitable?

Quote:
got thx samuel! have you used it live yet??

We advise against using it live, even though we don't anticipate any problems, its good to be cautious with any beta software. We throughly use in the office, on radio and at home + house parties though :)

Quote:
Just Noticed that when Using a CD the songs don't load in the CD Crate on Serato DJ.

Hey DJ K-Ceaser, thanks for the heads up. We are currently working on this, so should resolve it soon.
pedro l garcia b 4:56 AM - 13 August, 2014
i want to now if the split cue will come in other pioneer controller like ddj-sz or ddj-sx2

thanks.
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:23 AM - 13 August, 2014
Quote:
i want to now if the split cue will come in other pioneer controller like ddj-sz or ddj-sx2

thanks.

Split cue is only in the available in the software for MIDI controllers where Serato DJ acts as the mixer.

When the hardware mixes the audio, then SPLIT CUE must be implemented on the hardware.

The DDJ-SZ and DDJ-SX2 unfortunately do not offer SPLIT CUE.
pedro l garcia b 4:16 PM - 13 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

thanks.

Split cue is only in the available in the software for MIDI controllers where Serato DJ acts as the mixer.

When the hardware mixes the audio, then SPLIT CUE must be implemented on the hardware.

The DDJ-SZ and DDJ-SX2 unfortunately do not offer SPLIT CUE.

thank you my friend
Dave'allgood'H 7:24 PM - 13 August, 2014
I just bought a mac book pro with retina display and it doesn't look great using the 1.7 beta.
Does 1.7 support retina display?
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:31 AM - 14 August, 2014
We don't have any specific "support for retina" for any of our products/versions currently. Improving the interface so its looks nicer on higher resolutions is something we are working on though.
Dillz 5:28 AM - 14 August, 2014
I'm Still getting not enoguh space error... still not fixed.. Come on guys.... I cant record usind SSL becaus of distortion and i cant play with SDJ without it crashes..
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:50 AM - 14 August, 2014
Hi Dillz,

I strongly recommend you create a bug report so that we can work with you individually: serato.com

Otherwise I can continue to help you here if you like: serato.com

Its up to you, its just a lot better to do so than work in this blog comment section.
dyce6 10:09 PM - 14 August, 2014
Greatest dj software keep the improvements coming
Tony Fever 7:39 AM - 15 August, 2014
Sounds like a great update, really good to see some Novation Twitch stuff there too. I use a DDJ SX but still love to give the Twitch a blast in the club from time to time. Good work Serato!

Fever
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:03 PM - 15 August, 2014
Thanks for the support dyce6 and Tony Fever. I hope you get a chance to try out the beta, let us know how it goes :)
Dj Kshift 12:59 AM - 17 August, 2014
Quote:
Thanks

In scratch live, this feature enabled scratching for the opposite side in real time for those of us using one deck.
I sit being discussed upon in sera to dj or is it to be forgotten?
Dj ListenDat 11:07 AM - 17 August, 2014
Please allow mapable loop roll for any midi device as it was the case in SSL...........why going back not to support any midi stuff expect a list of certified one ?
I don't want to leave my Vestax PMC 05PROIV
Serato, Support
Martin C 3:44 AM - 18 August, 2014
Quote:
In scratch live, this feature enabled scratching for the opposite side in real time for those of us using one deck.
I sit being discussed upon in sera to dj or is it to be forgotten?

Fair enough. It hasn't been forgotten, but it is still being discussed. Thanks for your feedback :)

Quote:
Please allow mapable loop roll for any midi device as it was the case in SSL...........why going back not to support any midi stuff expect a list of certified one ?
I don't want to leave my Vestax PMC 05PROIV

Depends which way you want to map loop rolls? In the MIDI panel you can map loop rolls to a knob + on/off button. Have you tried it?
Dj ListenDat 8:47 AM - 18 August, 2014
Yes but it's not interesting at all ! What we want is the CTRL + ALT + loop size button (1 to 10) directly on a button ! As a Dj it has to be simple to trigger the effect. This permit to make effects in the songs a bit like they did in the remix of We dem boyz of whiz khalifa.
I don't understand so many useful functions that had made SSL been so famous and good have been dropped...........it's just crazy......the Serato CEO has a weird strategy.....definitely........
Dj ListenDat 8:48 AM - 18 August, 2014
I mean mapping this function :

To activate loop roll use the keyboard shortcuts.

control + alt + 1 through 5 for the left deck (or the active left deck when using 4 decks).
control + alt + 6 through to 0 for the right deck (or the active left deck when using 4 decks).
Serato, Support
Martin C 1:58 PM - 18 August, 2014
I understand, thanks for explaining. We do intend to make that MIDI mappable again, it just won't happen with this release. In the meantime, if you are interested, there is an easy workaround.

If you are confident with xml, then here is what I recommend:

1. Map all the buttons you want to loop roll with, to auto loops
2. Open the xml and change every instance of auto_loop_specific_length to auto_loop_roll_specific_length
3. Save the xml, then reload it in Serato DJ.

Those buttons should now loop roll. Hope that helps out for now.
Dj ListenDat 7:08 AM - 19 August, 2014
Quote:
I understand, thanks for explaining. We do intend to make that MIDI mappable again, it just won't happen with this release. In the meantime, if you are interested, there is an easy workaround.

If you are confident with xml, then here is what I recommend:

1. Map all the buttons you want to loop roll with, to auto loops
2. Open the xml and change every instance of auto_loop_specific_length to auto_loop_roll_specific_length
3. Save the xml, then reload it in Serato DJ.

Those buttons should now loop roll. Hope that helps out for now.

When you say "this release" you mean SDJ1.7 ?
Which .xml file ?

If i do this workaround, i ll lost the traditionnal loop when hitting the classical loops button right ?
Dj ListenDat 7:11 AM - 19 August, 2014
Just a question i would like you to forward to the people that decide about which feature will be or not :

"Why dropping features without asking the customers ?! The software is built for us so why not simply asking us ?!!!!! Seriously..........."
djnashmix 9:01 PM - 19 August, 2014
Vestax Vci380 hot cue color?
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:06 PM - 19 August, 2014
Quote:

Yes, Serato DJ 1.7.0

Quote:
Which .xml file ?

Whatever xml file you use to save your MIDI mapping. When ever you create a MIDI mapping in Serato DJ, it writes it to a file in xml format, which can be found here:

Music > _Serato_ > MIDI > Xml

It will either just be your AUTO_SAVE.xml file, or have a name that you chose.

If haven't done this before, I'd recommend making a copy of the file, putting it on your desktop or something, just so you don't mess with your current mapping if you have put a lot of work into it. These files can open with a simple text editor, I recommend text wrangler: www.barebones.com

If you make one simple mapping with the auto loops as I recommended, if you open this in a text editor it should be easy to understand whats happening in the xml. In fact, you don't really need to understand what all the values are, just understand that the xml records the data type and value of your MIDI controller, so it knows what messages to expect next time.

In this scenario, you simply need to change the function you are mapping to loop rolls instead of auto loops. Once you save that, you can go back to Serato DJ and map separate buttons to auto loops and then you will have both.

There is a lot of documentation out there to understand how this works - its really a common format used in a lot of software, so its a useful skill to have.

Quote:
"Why dropping features without asking the customers ?! The software is built for us so why not simply asking us ?!!!!! Seriously..........."

We didn't purposely drop all these features, we really just stripped back Serato DJ as much as possible in order to reduce complexity so we had a good foundation to start with. Since then, we have been building it back up in a much more manageable way that ITCH or Scratch Live. So yes, we still have a few features to bring across and we spend a lot of time engaging with customers to find out which ones are the most important.

Quote:

Nope, not included in this release. Sorry I have no further information as to when it will happen either.
riddim fernandez 9:18 PM - 19 August, 2014
thanks for continuing to improve this product... a lot of us that have been using scratch may indeed wait until further releases once the stability issues are dealt with, which definitely needs time and patience.

keep up the improvements and good work!
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:41 PM - 19 August, 2014
Its no problem riddim fernandez. We think that aside from any issues people might encounter, people still need to take their time to get used to Serato DJ, and thats completely fine.

We recommend for anyone to use Serato DJ at home to practice, but then continue to use Scratch Live out until you feel comfortable enough to take Serato DJ out with you :)

We are confident Serato DJ is club ready but we'd like to continue to work hard and earn that trust from everyone rather than expect it.
Dj ListenDat 11:36 PM - 19 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, Serato DJ 1.7.0

Quote:
Which .xml file ?

Whatever xml file you use to save your MIDI mapping. When ever you create a MIDI mapping in Serato DJ, it writes it to a file in xml format, which can be found here:

Music > _Serato_ > MIDI > Xml

It will either just be your AUTO_SAVE.xml file, or have a name that you chose.

If haven't done this before, I'd recommend making a copy of the file, putting it on your desktop or something, just so you don't mess with your current mapping if you have put a lot of work into it. These files can open with a simple text editor, I recommend text wrangler: www.barebones.com

If you make one simple mapping with the auto loops as I recommended, if you open this in a text editor it should be easy to understand whats happening in the xml. In fact, you don't really need to understand what all the values are, just understand that the xml records the data type and value of your MIDI controller, so it knows what messages to expect next time.

In this scenario, you simply need to change the function you are mapping to loop rolls instead of auto loops. Once you save that, you can go back to Serato DJ and map separate buttons to auto loops and then you will have both.

There is a lot of documentation out there to understand how this works - its really a common format used in a lot of software, so its a useful skill to have.

Quote:

We didn't purposely drop all these features, we really just stripped back Serato DJ as much as possible in order to reduce complexity so we had a good foundation to start with. Since then, we have been building it back up in a much more manageable way that ITCH or Scratch Live. So yes, we still have a few features to bring across and we spend a lot of time engaging with customers to find out which ones are the most important.

Quote:

Nope, not included in this release. Sorry I have no further information as to when it will happen either.

Oh ok I see. Thanks for the tip. Perhaps you could create a post for this trick so that other who haven't seen this post see it.
taump 1:31 AM - 20 August, 2014
HUGE LIBRARIES

started testing my huge library -it feels a little better at least i am not getting the beach ball but seems like the virtual decks stop spinning momentarily when i am doing doing a quick search ...i think its better than the beach ball that i used to get ..will keep testing
roberth dj 2:03 AM - 21 August, 2014
hey esta nueva vercion promete muchoooooooo que bien quisiera saber cuando sale ,,,, saludos serato numero 1 en colombia graciasss
djwillwtpb 6:19 PM - 21 August, 2014
english to you speak english mother fucker!!!! hehe jk!!!it off a movie had to say it:)
djwillwtpb 6:20 PM - 21 August, 2014
SWEET DDJ SZ DJ ROBERTH!!! I WANNA GET THAT LIL LATER ON HOW DO YOU LIKE IT??
DJ Klick 3:05 PM - 22 August, 2014
I've already signed up for the public beta but where and how should I download it? :(
DJ Joe Cooley 4:17 PM - 22 August, 2014
Quote:
I've already signed up for the public beta but where and how should I download it? :(

I'm not sure what system you have, but I download the new update for 1.7 firmware on the Pioneer website, and it helped me w/ the problems I had w/ my DDJ SR. Hope it does the same for you! It's best to call Pioneer and ask them how to do it, because I had to reset the DDJ SR and I can't remember how I did it. Good Luck!
vJ Dibujito 7:59 PM - 22 August, 2014
me encantaria probarlo haber como sera seria genial que funcionara a 64
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:56 PM - 22 August, 2014
Quote:

At the top of the beta forum area, there should be a discussion called "Serato DJ 1.7.0 Builds and Release Notes" which is where you will find a beta version to download: serato.com
DJ Compiler 3:02 PM - 23 August, 2014
Just to comment on the XML conversation earlier. Has the serato team ever thought about releasing details for the XML format to the community to allows us to better know how to tweak it to our needs?
Dj rick A 8:31 PM - 23 August, 2014
Haven't tried it yet .. but finally mic input recording for NS7 2 Thankyouuuu
DISGUISED 8:51 PM - 23 August, 2014
Quote:

Ok, if you want to discuss mappings, here is not the place to do it. I'd recommend starting a feature suggestion discussion: serato.com

Outline your proposed mappings and then if others feel the same, they can contribute to the discussion. There aren't enough reports of it currently, because I wasn't aware of it. I'm happy to partake in the discussion if you send me a link once you have made it.

Got it! Here's my post: serato.com
DJ CUTLOOSE 9:45 PM - 23 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I have not heard of that myself. Please try the beta to see if there is any improvement. If not, please start a bug report and I can try and help you with that: serato.com

Yes I get this same fault, had it on a DDJ SXand now on my NS7 2, I use a 2012 mac pro
DJ CUTLOOSE 9:48 PM - 23 August, 2014
are there any plans to have X Fader reverse midi mapping on the NS7 2, this would be useful
demo blacks 7:20 PM - 24 August, 2014
how do i get serato dj on a older mac
dj_sma 1:15 AM - 25 August, 2014
one thing i hate about serato is it not beig able to detect new songs added,evry day i add new songs to my playlist and i have to delite creats and put them back againg,is their any simpler way that i dont know?
DJ Compiler 1:27 AM - 25 August, 2014
You could just add the new songs to the existing crate without deleting the whole thing. As for auto detecting there's a folder in your _Serato_ folder called "Auto Import" that Serato checks and adds to your library automatically
Serato, Support
Martin C 8:09 AM - 25 August, 2014
@DJ Compiler

Quote:
Just to comment on the XML conversation earlier. Has the serato team ever thought about releasing details for the XML format to the community to allows us to better know how to tweak it to our needs?

We have thought about it yes. We'd prefer to make all those features that require mapping have some sort of mapping interface though. What features in particular would you like to map that you already cannot?

@DISGUISED

Quote:
Got it! Here's my post: serato.com

Cool, thanks for that! I will track the discussion :)

@DJ CUTLOOSE

Quote:
Yes I get this same fault, had it on a DDJ SXand now on my NS7 2, I use a 2012 mac pro

As above in the post you quoted, please create a bug report so we can investigate this issue further with you.

Quote:
are there any plans to have X Fader reverse midi mapping on the NS7 2, this would be useful

Do you mean a button on the NS7II somewhere that does that? If so, where would you suggest it be mapped? Which button?

@demo blacks

Quote:
how do i get serato dj on a older mac

Like Power PC old mac? What are the specs of your mac?

@ dj_sma

We'd really like to improve the way files are imported in Serato DJ in an update at some stage. Perhaps some kind of crate to folder syncing system. For now though, have a go at DJ Compilers suggestion.
DJ Compiler 4:35 PM - 25 August, 2014
@Martin

Things that I'd like to call "scripts" I think they're macros in Traktor. But mostly for automatically loading a group of effects and set them to certain values and turn them on. I'm sure there's some other applications but that is the first that comes to mind. I guess that could be accomplished through "FX Snapshots" or "Hot FX" if you'd rather do an interface like you talked about but I find the concept of one knob FX very powerful and something I've wanted to experiment with.
DJ WUMI 8:32 PM - 26 August, 2014
PLSSSS!! LET US BE ABLE TO MAP OUT OUR KEYBOARD FOR SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS. THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN ALLOWED YEARS AGO!!!
FOR EXAMPLE IF I WANT THE SPACE BAR TO PAUSE DECK 1 MUSIC.

ALSO THE KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS ONLY GO UP TO 2 BEAT LOOPS. 4 8 16 AND 32 AUTOLOOP IS WAY MORE IMPORTANT THATN 1/18 LOOP WHICH ALMOST NOBODY USES!
GinSoul 11:48 PM - 26 August, 2014
Hi I'm using a Rane 64 as Hardware. When I'm setting the buffer to 1 it starts making distortion sounds every 10seconds. This didn't occur on Scratch Live. Here is a little demo-video (the sound is at the last 3 seconds)
Watchwww.youtube.com
Serato, Support
Martin C 3:35 AM - 27 August, 2014
Hi DJ Compiler,

I know exactly what you mean. We did offer something like that in Scratch Live in fact, its just something we haven't got round to with Serato DJ, but we really want to! We have a feature ticket for this in our internal system, so I will bump the ticket with your request.

As for telling you how to MIDI map this in the xml as workaround in the meantime will not be straight forward either unfortunately - so yes as you mention ultimately we need to provide an interface for this. Thats why I asked the question though, great feedback :)

Quote:
PLSSSS!! LET US BE ABLE TO MAP OUT OUR KEYBOARD FOR SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS. THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN ALLOWED YEARS AGO!!!
FOR EXAMPLE IF I WANT THE SPACE BAR TO PAUSE DECK 1 MUSIC.

Certainly something we'd like to offer for sure, but we just haven't scheduled when exactly yet. Thanks for your feedback though.
Serato, Support
Martin C 3:36 AM - 27 August, 2014
Hi Ginsoul,

I'd be really keen to help you more with that, but here is isn't really the best place for it. Please make a report here: serato.com and I will respond to you as soon as possible.

Thanks!
DJ WUMI 7:50 PM - 27 August, 2014
ALSO THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE. Why cant we just buy full version of serato dj so I can use my cdj 850 without having to use sl2 sl3 or sl4.
DJ TeeOh 7:55 PM - 27 August, 2014
Quote:
ALSO THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE. Why cant we just buy full version of serato dj so I can use my cdj 850 without having to use sl2 sl3 or sl4.

CDJs don't have a sound card or Serato built-in so it can't be done.
DJ TeeOh 7:55 PM - 27 August, 2014
Correction, they have a sound card but it doesn't have Serato firmware built-in
DJ WUMI 8:04 PM - 27 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

CDJs don't have a sound card or Serato built-in so it can't be done.

But you dont need sl2 sl3 sl4 for the other controllers that were not intended for serato dj at first. Even now the for example the numark mixtrack pro with came out b4 serato dj is now supported if you buy serato dj
Ilir87 10:32 PM - 27 August, 2014
Where tha fuck can i find this download
Aguilarralo@gmail.com 11:41 PM - 27 August, 2014
Can i use the dvs pack for my numark n4 to use my vynils with this?

and when will the final version be released?
Aguilarralo@gmail.com 11:42 PM - 27 August, 2014
Quote:

click on the second link where it says notes and on a little gray dash (all low key) itll say download
Ilir87 11:46 PM - 27 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

click on the second link where it says notes and on a little gray dash (all low key) itll say download

I think I'm blind ... Where do you see this ?????
Can you link me please ?
Aguilarralo@gmail.com 11:51 PM - 27 August, 2014
serato.com

on the section where in BIG BOLD LETTERS says Sticky And Compulsory Discussions

click on the second link that says Serato DJ 1.7.0 Builds and Release Notes by Martin C

then on the bottom in 2 lines that are high lighted in blue itll have the link
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:44 AM - 28 August, 2014
Quote:

Maybe one day we might offer something like that, but not at this time.

Quote:
Can i use the dvs pack for my numark n4 to use my vynils with this?

and when will the final version be released?

Yes, you will be able to use the DVS Expansion Pack to connect turntables and control virtual decks in the software using your Numark N4 as a controller. The final release (which will include the Expansion Pack) will be very soon.
rhythmlogic 6:55 PM - 28 August, 2014
Please explain how to use the "Auto Import" feature.
I have numerous external drives that I use.

Thank you.
DJ Compiler 8:43 PM - 28 August, 2014
Just drop any files that you want to be automatically imported into the folder labeled "Auto Import" and on startup Serato will automatically import them into the Serato library.

One thing that I would be curious to ask the developers is if you put a shortcut to your library in this folder if Serato could use the shortcut to jump to your already existing library. That way you don't have to move your files into the auto import or split your library across two locations.

So I'll turn it over to Martin to see if that's possible. Otherwise you'll just have to put your new files into that auto import folder.
Aguilarralo@gmail.com 11:20 PM - 28 August, 2014
how soon will the new serato 1.7 be release is there a sort of estimate at least?
DJ Compiler 12:31 AM - 29 August, 2014
September
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:33 AM - 29 August, 2014
What DJ Compiler said, early September we hope to release 1.7.0.
big thangs 3:56 AM - 31 August, 2014
Will here be a way to have the effects(say echo for example) continue post fader? As soon as the fader is out/down or crossed over the effect stops.

Additionally I haven't found way to assign the output for FX for the DDJ-SZ.. Am I just missing it?
MeeDeeJay 11:56 AM - 31 August, 2014
I don't understand the benefit of the Auto-Import-Folder of Serato 1.7.0, when i have to put knew songs first physically in my music folder on the harddiscdrive and secondary into the Auto-Import-Folder. Why does Serato DJ not simply monitor the userspecified music folders on the harddisc drives, to keep the database up to date comfortably.
DJ MILLENNIUM KING 3:18 PM - 31 August, 2014
This for serato y u guys don't upgrade the firmware pioneer ddjsx 1 so y the Pads colour can looks
likes the pioneer ddi sx2 Pads colours
Foday stanley 7:46 PM - 31 August, 2014
Might be Late but Any new features coming to NS7 II on this 1.7 Update apart from Serato Flip.

Are We getting Serato Flip Video on Ns7 II ?

Any way we can link NS7 II to Numark V7s, ( My Dream Set up ).

Any future plans on being able to switch two laptops on Serato using external sound card or expansion packs ?
Serato, Support
Martin C 3:45 AM - 1 September, 2014
Hi big thangs,

Quote:
Will here be a way to have the effects(say echo for example) continue post fader? As soon as the fader is out/down or crossed over the effect stops.

Are you referring to the DDJ-SZ? Unfortunately because this device mixes the audio streams in the hardware (it is a hardware mixer) there is unfortunately no way for the echo to continue post the fader. I'd recommend using the onboard hardware echo for a nice tail on your echo with this device.

Quote:
Additionally I haven't found way to assign the output for FX for the DDJ-SZ.. Am I just missing it?

Are you talking about the hardware effects or the software effects?

- The hardware effects are activated on the channel as soon as you start turning the silver effects knob for that channel.
- The software effects should have channel assign inside the FX panel. You should see 1, 2, 3, 4 in the centre area of the panel. There is also an AUX output assign there too. Its visible in this image: d3qk4yk8nq0n55.cloudfront.net

Hey MeeDeeJay,

Quote:
I don't understand the benefit of the Auto-Import-Folder of Serato 1.7.0, when i have to put knew songs first physically in my music folder on the harddiscdrive and secondary into the Auto-Import-Folder.

The idea of the auto import folder is that you would only keep yours file in there, and not in any other folder. Not many people use it for probably the same reason why you don't understand the benefits; because you want to sort your music in a certain way in your folders elsewhere.

We would like to implement some easier crate to folders syncing functionality in the future for sure, so your database would keep up to date without much effort. Unfortunately we don't have anything like that right now.
Serato, Support
Martin C 3:54 AM - 1 September, 2014
Hey DJ MILLENNIUM KING,

Quote:
This for serato y u guys don't upgrade the firmware pioneer ddjsx 1 so y the Pads colour can looks
likes the pioneer ddi sx2 Pads colours

I don't believe its possible to do this with a firmware update, but this would have to come from Pioneer if it were possible.

Hey Foday stanley,

Quote:
Might be Late but Any new features coming to NS7 II on this 1.7 Update apart from Serato Flip.

Are We getting Serato Flip Video on Ns7 II ?

Any way we can link NS7 II to Numark V7s, ( My Dream Set up ).

Any future plans on being able to switch two laptops on Serato using external sound card or expansion packs ?

Please look here for a full list of software features and mapping changes that may apply to the software and/or your controller: serato.com

Yes, you can flip video files in the software, its not specific to the NS7 II, but you can do it with that controller.

Not sure what you mean by "switch laptops" using an external sound card, but we have no plans to support generic sound cards at this stage.
Foday stanley 8:05 AM - 1 September, 2014
Quote:
Please look here for a full list of software features and mapping changes that may apply to the software and/or your controller: serato.com

Yes, you can flip video files in the software, its not specific to the NS7 II, but you can do it with that controller.

Not sure what you mean by "switch laptops" using an external sound card, but we have no plans to support generic sound cards at this stage.

Hello Martin, thanks for the reply, I use NS7 II, Cant really see any features to it on this upcoming 1.7 update unless the SERATO FLIP Expansion pack.

Pls more features could be mapped to MPC Pads as third secondary functions just like Hot cues etc.

Also i mearnt a Video Demo of Serato Flip on NS7 II, ( its the best controller ever builts and should be d first to get video demos )

Lastly Generic Sound Card might be a better plan in the future if possible, that way 2 or 3 DJs can Simutanousely swap laptops. as most guest DJs prefer to bring their laptop to gigs
instead of usb.
ITS YOYO 10:56 AM - 1 September, 2014
hot cues not accurate when using ddj-sp1

echo effect cant be dropped using the volume channel fader

cdj2000 time code issues how can I get over it and how can I use it fully controlled by serato dj ??
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:34 AM - 1 September, 2014
Hi Foday stanley,

Quote:
Hello Martin, thanks for the reply, I use NS7 II, Cant really see any features to it on this upcoming 1.7 update unless the SERATO FLIP Expansion pack.

Serato Flip is Expansion Pack for the software, and the NS7 II will receive a mapping update for two parts of the Flip Expansion Pack:

1. Creating a Flip
2. Trigger Saved Flips

I'd recommend checking out the updated Quickstart Guide when 1.7 is released if you do decide to purchase Serato Flip.

If you regard Serato Flip as a new feature accessible by an NS7 II user, then the following, all software features, are just as applicable:

Quote:
• MIDI Panel for MIDI mapping additional features
• Hide Track/Artist Info (ALT + M keyboard shortcut)
• Sort Cues Chronologically
• Ability to re-order Cue Points by dragging and dropping
• Right click Cue Point trigger to change Cue Point color
• Tempo nudge and range buttons available in MIDI mapping mode for controllers
• Blue Active Deck borders around waveform headers
• Added Quantise value options; 1/16, 1/8 and 1/4 beats

Quote:
Also i mearnt a Video Demo of Serato Flip on NS7 II, ( its the best controller ever builts and should be d first to get video demos )

I don't believe our demonstration videos specifically use the NS7 II. You'll still be able to follow how Flip works in our video demonstration once you learn the controls to use on your NS7 II for this feature.

Quote:
Lastly Generic Sound Card might be a better plan in the future if possible, that way 2 or 3 DJs can Simutanousely swap laptops. as most guest DJs prefer to bring their laptop to gigs
instead of usb.

But if the generic sound card only has one USB connection, how do the DJs simultaneously swap laptops without loss of audio?

@YOYO, it sounds like you may be having specific issues with the software, so perhaps its best that you create a bug report so I could help you more thoroughly? serato.com
DJ AFRA 4:07 PM - 3 September, 2014
I have problems when press the sampler button in the DDJ-SZ, the pads don't turn on the lights in the right deck, but when I do the same in the left deck no problem.
When I use the Serato DJ v1.6.3 I don't have problems, the issue is with the last version from Serato DJ v1.7.0.
DanKr 8:30 PM - 3 September, 2014
I have the problem to midimap the autoloop button in the midi panel (Serato DJ 1.7) with the traktor kontrol x1. In SSL it works!
Serato, Support
Martin C 2:21 AM - 4 September, 2014
Hey guys, if you wish to get further assistance with Serato DJ 1.7, please create a help ticket here: support.serato.com and someone from our support team will assist you.

The public beta is now officially closed as 1.7 has been released.
DJ Baby Raj 12:09 AM - 6 September, 2014
Martin C I'm running 1.7 on snow leopard... Is it a real big deal? Seems to run good so far. I edited the info.plist
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:50 AM - 6 September, 2014
I wouldn't risk it, we no longer actively test or support that OS, so they may be issues that we are unaware of. Totally up to you though - but I'd try and update OS if I were you.
djallstyle 11:41 PM - 6 September, 2014
FYI... Not sure if Serato knows this or not? You can't edit the history folders inside of 1.7 anymore. I can no longer click on a session & label/name it what I choose. This is a major flaw for me, I make playlist simple for me to find & this was the easiest way for me to do it.. Please fix this simple tool asap.
Thanks,
Serato, Support
Martin C 2:00 AM - 8 September, 2014
Hi djallstyle,

Thanks for the heads up. It was reported but unfortunately it was not resolved in time for the release. We will ensure this is resolved for the next release.

Thanks for your feedback!
BWA 1:53 PM - 8 September, 2014
Any idea about optimization on OSX 10.10 Yosemite? I upgraded my RAM to around 16 gigs because i want to work with serato video too but my CPU still fuzzes the audio out every now and then when I use video or have another program open at the same time :(
Serato, Support
Martin C 2:37 AM - 9 September, 2014
Hi BWA,

We don't officially support Yosemite at this point, but we will work towards that, especially once it has been released. If you are having issues with audio quality, I strongly recommend that you get in touch with our support team by creating a help request here: support.serato.com

Cheers!
djallstyle 12:50 AM - 10 September, 2014
Martin C,

Well I bought Flip & pretty much can't use it until then. I don't have a lot of time to practice. I practice/learn while I record with it in order to use it in public. #Fail.... Hope the release is very soon. This has to be a simple update??
Thanks,
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:59 AM - 10 September, 2014
Hi djallstyle,

I am sorry about the bug, but are you saying that being unable to rename your history prevents you from practicing with using Flip?

I know its a pain, but you can install multiple versions at the same time, and just jump between the versions depending on what you need to do: serato.com

Fixing the issue is small yes, but we don't release a new version after every bug fix we do - we usually deploy a group of them together (along with features and hardware support) after heavy amount of testing. Unfortunately you'll have to wait a bit before the fix is in your hands I'm afraid.
DJ TeeOh 11:20 PM - 10 September, 2014
Midi mapping doesn't work for all mixers. I have the Z2 mapped to SSL and SDJ 1.6...but tried in 1.7 and some buttons won't map. I checked the signal with Midipipe but SDJ simply won't let me map them.

Also having some issues with the 1st gen NS7. Friend of mine bought it and after a few hours, the right deck started going really slow. Occasionally some buttons won't work the first time pressed. Load up Itch and it works fine.
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:36 PM - 10 September, 2014
Hi DJ TeeOh,

Have you reported those issues to our support team? support.serato.com

We'd be really keen to make sure those issues are reported and resolved if possible! :)
djallstyle 7:01 PM - 14 September, 2014
Martin C,

Another observation about the history section. It would nice to simply click & name those sections what we want as well. Similar to how we can click many other areas & name them what we prefer. Please consider
Thanks.
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:21 PM - 14 September, 2014
Hi djallstyle,

As well as naming the session (which we will fix as soon as possible) what other information in the history do you wish to change in particular?
DJ TeeOh 1:11 AM - 15 September, 2014
Patent pending, lol.

How about a way to save and export the FLIP files? That way if I create something dope and want to send it to someone else, I can. I mentioned this to Mike May as well. Perhaps add a forum (or host link to the Serato website) where users can upload/download FLIPs. Is there a way to do that without music copyright issues? Just like creating midi files that you can load into any virtual instrument and it plays the pattern, can it be done for Serato?
Serato, Support
Martin C 1:24 AM - 15 September, 2014
Hey DJ TeeOh,

You can save your Flips when you hit the save button in the Flip Panel. This will save your Flip to the next available slot and it is written to the metadata of the file. If you then send this file to your friend and he has Flip, he will be able to play back the Flips you made.

Quote:
Perhaps add a forum (or host link to the Serato website) where users can upload/download FLIPs. Is there a way to do that without music copyright issues?

That would definitely be illegal I am afraid. Regardless of whether it has Flips or not, you are essentially just sharing that file.
djallstyle 3:52 AM - 15 September, 2014
@Martin C,

Name, Artist, Comment etc. I think we should be able to click & edit all of it if we want.
Thanks,
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:09 AM - 15 September, 2014
Are you using 1.7.0? I've just checked and I was able to edit all 3 of those items. What happens when you double click the entry? Does it not even open the box to let you edit, much in the same way that when you try to double click on the session date in the name column?
djallstyle 7:12 AM - 15 September, 2014
@ Martin C,

Yes, I've used 1.7 ..
For me, this would work great for the history section. What I mean is Change the name "Artist"column or any column to whatever I want it to be named. Maybe a sub name under that column possibly? Artist, sub name "New artist"??? At least the possibility to edit it & change the name of it if I'd like to. This would help me a lot
Serato, Support
Martin C 6:16 AM - 16 September, 2014
Just so I am understanding you correctly, do you mean you want to be able to edit what the column headers say (yellow box)? Or do you mean the field next to the date (red box)?

I have uploaded an image here: serato.com

Whats an example of what you would want to put in these fields that you wouldn't put the "name" field? Would you expect to be able to edit fields like the playtime/start/end time too?
djallstyle 3:29 AM - 17 September, 2014
The Yellow box. However, it's not as big of a deal as being able to edit the red boxes(which is a current hick up). I technically can edit all of it w/ Pages or whatever? Just prefer to use what's inside the app, if possible.
Thanks,
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:26 AM - 17 September, 2014
Ok thanks for clarifying. So those column headers correspond to specific data displayed by either your files, or the length of time you played etc - so I am still curious to know a bit more about what you'd change of that information?

Can you give me a specific example of why you would do that and what you would change?
henryb 11:13 AM - 17 September, 2014
WHY CAN YOU NO LONGER EDIT THE NAME OF A SET IN THE HISTORY TAB?? (PLEASE FIX THIS!) :)
DJ TeeOh 11:08 PM - 17 September, 2014
Quote:
You can save your Flips when you hit the save button in the Flip Panel. This will save your Flip to the next available slot and it is written to the metadata of the file. If you then send this file to your friend and he has Flip, he will be able to play back the Flips you made.

Thanks
djallstyle 5:23 AM - 18 September, 2014
@Martin C,
I would possibly change "Names" to "Tracks" but having the option to plan/edit my playlists if or when I think of random & sporadic ideas would be nice. Just a simple click & edit option????? #Thatsall
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 10:06 PM - 18 September, 2014
Quote:
WHY CAN YOU NO LONGER EDIT THE NAME OF A SET IN THE HISTORY TAB?? (PLEASE FIX THIS!) :)

We are/will/have :)
Serato, Support
Martin C 7:01 AM - 19 September, 2014
Hey djallstyle,

Thanks for explaining your reason. We can certainly think about adding that sort of functionality at some stage.

@henryb, unfortunately this is a bug with the current release, but as Logan mentions we have fixed this and plan to release it in our next update very soon. Thanks for your patience.
djallstyle 5:38 AM - 21 September, 2014
Hey Martin C,

1 more thing. Not sure if this has been requested or not? It would be nice to sort files by key then bpm or whatever sequential order you chose?
Thanks,
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:00 AM - 22 September, 2014
Completely agree - it'd be great to have better "secondary sorting" functionality for sure. Definitely like to do that at some stage for sure. Thanks again for the feedback allstyle :)
DJ TeeOh 9:24 PM - 22 September, 2014
Quote:
Completely agree - it'd be great to have better "secondary sorting" functionality for sure. Definitely like to do that at some stage for sure. Thanks again for the feedback allstyle :)

Yes, perhaps adding a "lock" to each column? Say my BPM is from high to low... I lock it and then click on names for alphabetical order. It then sorts by name without changing the BPM order.
DJ Compiler 9:36 PM - 22 September, 2014
Or maybe a right click on the header to do secondary levels of sorting would be quicker and easier with less additional GUI components. But whichever the community thinks will work better
mrbdas 3:36 PM - 24 September, 2014
I have ddj-sx since I update to 1.7 it freez alot? help please
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:14 AM - 25 September, 2014
Hey mrbdas,

The best way to get help is to create a help ticket here: support.serato.com
Dj ListenDat 2:16 PM - 1 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, perhaps adding a "lock" to each column? Say my BPM is from high to low... I lock it and then click on names for alphabetical order. It then sorts by name without changing the BPM order.

It's just not possible IMO. Let's take an example with BPM low to high :

Song | BPM

z 87
a 88
r 89
f 89
s 91
h 92

Let's admit BPM is locked. Then we want to sort alphabetically............problem comes right now. We would like to have the a in the beggining but the BPM is locked. So it won't work. The only thing that could be done it's for songs with the same BPM. For example it could become :

z 87
a 88
f 89
r 89
s 91
h 92

Here songs "r" and "f" at the same BPM so could be moved.

Is it what you were talking about ?
DJ TeeOh 9:16 PM - 1 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's just not possible IMO. Let's take an example with BPM low to high :

Song | BPM

z 87
a 88
r 89
f 89
s 91
h 92

Let's admit BPM is locked. Then we want to sort alphabetically............problem comes right now. We would like to have the a in the beggining but the BPM is locked. So it won't work. The only thing that could be done it's for songs with the same BPM. For example it could become :

z 87
a 88
f 89
r 89
s 91
h 92

Here songs "r" and "f" at the same BPM so could be moved.

Is it what you were talking about ?

Not exactly. Say you sort by BPM, then name... it would list as such

a 87
b 87
c 87
a 87
b 87
c 87
a 88
b 88
c 88
a 91
b 91
c 91
a 92
b 92
c 92

^^^It groups by BPM and then sorts alphabetically. The biggest reason this was brought up, is to sort by BPM and Key. It's like creating a folder of all your songs that are 2A, then clicking so they are listed by BPM. You can mix in key no problem and not have to hunt for a track with the same key and BPM. It's a pain to go through, create crates for each key, and then create sub crates for the corresponding keys that can be mixed with that particular crate.
DJ TeeOh 9:23 PM - 1 October, 2014
So yes you are right, but no it's not impossible. Most DJ's libraries are very large so being able to define exactly how your tracks are laid out would be perfect.

In your example you were narrow with the track names. Fact is that your library has hundreds or thousands of songs for one BPM, before going to the next BPM; as I illustrated in my example.

I'd love to have my songs listed by BPM, Alphabetically, and Key. It's very possible. Hell, even energy level would be useful to some.
Dj ListenDat 9:58 AM - 2 October, 2014
I still don't get what you want lool. As the mean time i'm french so perhaps i just don't really understand the english you're writing.

In you example you have same filename with multiple BPM. How is that possible ? But mentionning it makes me remember that in fact i had already wanted to be able to sort by BPM then sort by album as i have differents albums with the same BPM (Dancehall or Reggae Riddims for examples). And it is true i wish that i could lock the BPM then be able to sort by album so yes i may understand better what you want

I had to add a key to every riddim. What i did was to put 100.01 for album A and 100.02 for album B if both albums were 100 BPM. It took time but it's the best solution i found.....
djallstyle 4:13 PM - 2 October, 2014
Hi All,
I would prefer the option to sort by key then bpm. This would simply make things easier w/ how I prefer to mix.

@Martin C,
Another request that would be massive. Is there a way in my history to create a month? I only have access to past week, then it goes into the year.. Is this possible & I'm missing the option? if not, adding this option in the near future would be great.
Thanks,
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:18 AM - 3 October, 2014
Hey djallstyle,

Another great improvement idea to history for sure! At this point there is no option to have months. Sorry I am not able to promise you it will be added in the near future, but I can certainly add it to our backlog so that its something to be considered when we spend more time in the History Panel.

Thanks!
roberth dj 9:44 PM - 5 October, 2014
hey amigos de serato me gustaria mucho que el ddj sz fuera iluminado como el sx osea q no permanescan iluminados los botones rojos esq eso parace una discoteka eso seria genial q solo se ensendieran al momento de oprimirlo graciassssss seria muy bno
Marvin Zurrenda 9:01 PM - 6 October, 2014
No need to purchase an additional midi controller to run Serato Flip with DDJ SZ.
Serato Flip is working on DDJ SZ

Once serato flip is on you can use serato flip from the hot cue button u can use your parameter at the bottom from the loop section.
left parameter to record
right parameter to playback
holding shift allows you to disable loops and more ...
Hope this Help's
DJ Yaitanis 10:08 PM - 28 November, 2014
www.facebook.com

Has anyone seen this as an issue???
DJ TeeOh 3:06 AM - 30 November, 2014
Can we get some post fader echo that can be done on ANY mixer? PLEASE!!

This can be accomplished by routing the EFX output through the master volume instead of each channel (aka through both channels like the SP6 does)."

#HOPEtheyListen
DJ TeeOh 3:08 AM - 30 November, 2014
Can you guys make Serato midi mappable WITHOUT being plugged into a Serato interface?

Some of use would like to use controllers to make FLIPs offline.
Djf*ck serape O 2:48 AM - 29 December, 2015
Quote:
I am still having problems with the drop out lights when using sound effects it is constantly flashing between red and orange. My laptop specs are as follows:
Lenovo U400
I5 processor 2.4 GHZ
6 GB DDR3
750 GB hard drive
Serato, Support
Martin C 2:51 AM - 29 December, 2015
Hey Djf*ck serape O,

This isn't the best place to get help, please create a help ticket here: support.serato.com and you will get a much quicker response.
Djf*ck serape O 3:23 AM - 29 December, 2015
I also am having the trouble with the orange and red lights what is that all about now I have this 700dollar paper weight and bought a brand new computer an AMD quad core A8 7410 a 64 bit Performance With 8gb Memory 1TB hd I should have stayed with my mixtrack and Vdj serape O is full of S#IT why does it need these lights
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:30 AM - 29 December, 2015
Please open a help ticket, as stated above. I am positive someone will be able to help you get everything working correctly.
DJ TeeOh 11:50 AM - 6 January, 2016
Quote:
I also am having the trouble with the orange and red lights what is that all about now I have this 700dollar paper weight and bought a brand new computer an AMD quad core A8 7410 a 64 bit Performance With 8gb Memory 1TB hd I should have stayed with my mixtrack and Vdj serape O is full of S#IT why does it need these lights

Did you analyze your files first? What else do you have running while running Serato? 8GB is the minimum, by the way. The computer can only go as fast as the HDD can. So with 8GB and a 1TB HDD, you are shorting the computer's processor performance. You should have an SSD installed and 16GB of memory. I run SDJ with video, a midi mixer, dicers w/ turntables, an HD camera, and broadcast my set live....all from one computer.