Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
bboysupafly 12:05 AM - 4 August, 2014
freaking awesome!
MADLOGIC the Selectah 12:10 AM - 4 August, 2014
Can't wait.
Dj Wunder 12:19 AM - 4 August, 2014
Flip OUT!
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:30 AM - 4 August, 2014
So this is basically some kind of automation?? Hmm definetly have to check this out.....
DJ Herbz 12:31 AM - 4 August, 2014
Flippin Great!
SirForce 12:35 AM - 4 August, 2014
Can't wait, I think this is going to be big!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:36 AM - 4 August, 2014
nice!
OscarDosSantos 12:36 AM - 4 August, 2014
i didnt buy the expansion pack , wow i need money to buy every expansions

:) cant wait for it

would you upload a video ??

thanks
Serato
Eddie R 12:43 AM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
i didnt buy the expansion pack , wow i need money to buy every expansions

:) cant wait for it

would you upload a video ??

thanks

We will release more details a bit closer to release :)
ONESON 12:48 AM - 4 August, 2014
Can't wait to get my hands on this!

1'
TheRealDJiGnite 12:50 AM - 4 August, 2014
WOW AWESOME! CAN'T WAIT~
Mr Wilks 12:55 AM - 4 August, 2014
Truly amazing.

To say I'm excited would be an understatement.
GeorgeChuck 1:08 AM - 4 August, 2014
I'm digging it.
Djtsoi 1:09 AM - 4 August, 2014
Fliptastic!
DJ Dynamight 1:12 AM - 4 August, 2014
Nice work Serato!
serato6911 1:14 AM - 4 August, 2014
Nice....
TorontoDeeJay 1:15 AM - 4 August, 2014
Seriously looking forward to the live potential of this tool. Keep up the good work Serato 🎧
Adrian with a W 1:19 AM - 4 August, 2014
Looks awesome!!
DJCASHWELL 1:20 AM - 4 August, 2014
Great idea. PLEASE FIX THE LOW VOLUME WHEN RECORDING ISSUE TOO PLEASE. NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO RUN THEIR RECORDED MIXES THROUGH ANOTHER PROGRAM (audacity, etc...) FOR A NORMAL VOLUME RECORDING. NEVER HAD TO BEFORE
J.J. 1:23 AM - 4 August, 2014
I've been waiting for SPLICE since 2005. WOW. Now I can Quick Mix my whole collection without painstakingly taking everything to Ableton.
Wes_Wes 1:23 AM - 4 August, 2014
Maybe they'll fix the cueing before they release another version. Instead of taking away one feature and adding a different feature..
Dj Nyce 1:54 AM - 4 August, 2014
maybe we'll finally get a midi panel so we can midi map this feature
DJRAWGER 1:54 AM - 4 August, 2014
I like it! BUT when will we see a 64 bit version. Serato hopelessly continue to crash even with 12 gigs of memory! Please, please, please Fix.
DJELSOBRINO 2:04 AM - 4 August, 2014
It would be nice to do the same thing recording little scratches that can be saved and then triggered after just as the same as this flips, it would be nice to do that in the headphones and then play out them in the master audio in different compases, I could create songs with samples from zero just like a beat boxer do playing different cuts and sounds in real time...just like painting...but not with colors but with sounds...I have seen this from other djs like dj woodie...using ableton live and a pedal that records everthing like dub FX, I have tried that with the bridge but It was not very practical...or easy....but If serato dj could do that and than one can midi map the recording buttons..... that would be a major change in the game for every dj worldwide...dont thank me rane, do not need royalties for this..but that should be your next step...
Deejay Rich 2:05 AM - 4 August, 2014
Oh man really have to buy it oh well, Can't wait for this expansion.
Jean-Noel 2:08 AM - 4 August, 2014
Nice option :-) i hope that we would be able to control it through the serato remote
hologram 2:26 AM - 4 August, 2014
So is this Serato's version of remix decks but better?
DJ BIS 2:32 AM - 4 August, 2014
will this feature have app-specific keyboard shortcuts?
Ragman 2:35 AM - 4 August, 2014
Maybe a game changer. From the video this looks righteous.
djattila 2:37 AM - 4 August, 2014
Dope
Dj Ricky Redz 2:44 AM - 4 August, 2014
Now this is why i feel every dj should BUY serato dj... not for the fancy stuff but the fact that they focus on the useful features!!!

I will be able to create a custom mix or edit and play it live without having to use a separate app... no additional file to label as edit or remix/mashup...

AWSOME!!!
djdrewsie 3:07 AM - 4 August, 2014
What is meant by the term "Advanced Tone Play" Does this finally mean key modification in Serato?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 3:08 AM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
will this feature have app-specific keyboard shortcuts?

There will be a new keyboard shortcut for Flip record (to start/stop recording). This will be the '\' key which is underneath delete. This can be used in offline player too :)
djdrewsie 3:08 AM - 4 August, 2014
Jogwheel movement in flip would also be nice. Hope to see that in the future.
Dj BLAH BLAH BLAH 3:36 AM - 4 August, 2014
BUTTON PUSHERS with Serato now. Makes me sick to hear anyone say awesome about this. There's a million different hardware to software button pushing stuff out there all ready.
djbvax 3:42 AM - 4 August, 2014
Nice. A nice way to expand mixes!!
djdrewsie 3:52 AM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
BUTTON PUSHERS with Serato now. Makes me sick to hear anyone say awesome about this. There's a million different hardware to software button pushing stuff out there all ready.

It makes me sick that you're bringing down the excitement. Get the 'flip' off the forum. See what I did there?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 4:03 AM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:

That's one way to look at it.
Mr Wilks 4:08 AM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:

First post? Made up name? Angry at new amazing features?

Is this Native Instruments going undercover?
djdrewsie 4:14 AM - 4 August, 2014
I wouldn't be surprised. I wonder what the percentage is of f1s that get sold back to stores or second hand. Great concept, just very complicated and not very useful on the fly. This new flip feature, while doesn't look like an on the fly tool at first glance, is intuitive enough for you to do quickly before or during your set.
Kaos Effekt 4:57 AM - 4 August, 2014
Ok this is sweet! but when are going to see support for Bridge in Serato Dj???
"clydebro" 5:40 AM - 4 August, 2014
"woah"
KB ELEMENTS 5:45 AM - 4 August, 2014
now we jus add Bridge to the mix and we are home ;-)
djdrewsie 6:25 AM - 4 August, 2014
The concept of the bridge puts traktor to shame. If they did video I would consider at least using it for video recording for making video remixes with the remix decks. Speaking of that serato...put video in the sp6. Pretty please?
djdrewsie 6:29 AM - 4 August, 2014
I will pay for the extension even though the concept of paying for Extras in software is cheaper than buying hardware through native instruments, is still pricey for the fact that we invested a lot in your hardware for the free software. I understand you have to make money, but charging for fx that come stock in your competitor is very excessive. Expansion packs while appealing are very costly.
CarlosIrizarry 6:35 AM - 4 August, 2014
They have to do something cause I don't think they are keeping up with Traktor. lol
DJCANDYBOY 6:36 AM - 4 August, 2014
NICE!!! VERY NICE!!!!!
djdrewsie 6:43 AM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
They have to do something cause I don't think they are keeping up with Traktor. lol

I understand your view but here is how I look at it. Serato is the apple of djing. And traktor is the windows. While traktor has all of the impressive bells and whistles, serato has developed more practical and realistic in performance DJ solutions.

In all honesty I think traktor is behind the mark simply from the lack of video capability. That is a whole demo of dj's they do not market to. As a working DJ I look at traktor as a production tool and a medium to play live shows, and a very difficult software to work with right off the bat with your music collection. With serato I've always felt that it was the closest thing to analog, even though they have added many daw like features. I'd take the 8 serato performance pads over traktors 64 cell remix deck any day, simply on versatility. I would also choose serato for its ease in beat gridding. It's the only software with warping on the fly the way it is designed.
Dj L-Biz 6:49 AM - 4 August, 2014
very nice.

Are we one step closer to having a loop recorder? be lovely to be able record loops and over dub them without the need of an external looper?
djdrewsie 6:58 AM - 4 August, 2014
I'm confident in saying this too, cross DJ and the new vdj 8, even though they have bugs, show more promise than anything I've seen from traktor in its recent history. They have made the most improvements that are actually practical to the applied work DJ. Why? Because of video, video sampling, better gridding, and overall versatility as a software. Try beat gridding a classic rock song with traktor pro 2
Sikwidityo 7:21 AM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
maybe we'll finally get a midi panel so we can midi map this feature

+1
whitenite 8:41 AM - 4 August, 2014
That's dope, but I wish Serato would just address the hundreds of missing features from Scratch Live instead of spending so much time on new features!

Chronological cue points? How much code does that take to write??!

Damit....
Karl Krieger 8:50 AM - 4 August, 2014
Serato is nice...evoluction for music !!
Dj Ons 8:52 AM - 4 August, 2014
Paid for Midi mapping? Are you serious? Midi panel was free and integrated on SSL. You're on the wrong way, stop to think for controlers and think for turntables and cd's Dj's. Lot of clubs and Dj's refuse controlers, it's the way to kill us, think about it
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:44 AM - 4 August, 2014
MIDI Panel and Sort chronological cues are in the next version. Check the beta coming real soon ;)

Quote:
Paid for Midi mapping? Are you serious? Midi panel was free and integrated on SSL.

Not sure where you got that idea. MIDI mapping does not cost any extra, but the Serato Flip feature does cost because its an Expansion Pack.
Pete Input 10:20 AM - 4 August, 2014
Is this CPU-heavy like P'n'T DJ?
&Midge 10:31 AM - 4 August, 2014
Sounds like a really sweet feature =D

Quote:

This is my worry too! SDJ is already too CPU hungry and as a DVS user the latency is much higher than SSL to the point I haven't made the switch yet...

..... now an option to save the recorded edit would mean no increase in CPU usage, however if saved to metadata this would cause CPU spikes. An option to save to .wav (etc) or metadata would be a good call.

@Martin, What specs will our systems need?
maviccf 11:10 AM - 4 August, 2014
+1
dj-nice 11:49 AM - 4 August, 2014
awesome, but waiting now about 3 years for fixing large library bug......
(djcrownsupreme) 11:51 AM - 4 August, 2014
it's about time
Ragman 12:05 PM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
awesome, but waiting now about 3 years for fixing large library bug......

It could be in this new version (1.7). The beta should be coming very shortly if the production release is scheduled for next month. Fingers crossed. You gotta admit though, this Flip sounds badazz.
DJ BABYLOVE 12:13 PM - 4 August, 2014
NICE Can't wait to use it with my Numark Orbit
Wizzu 12:26 PM - 4 August, 2014
Exciting sure, but

- I've been DJ'ing without it for years so I guess it's not really that important to my way of DJ'ing.

- as many others I'd rather see Serato work on overdue fixes for annoying bugs, rather than working on more features.

Call me old fashion, I still prefer something simple but perfect than something full of features with many -even if small- bugs. Simple + perfect doesn't get in the way of what you're doing. Plenty of features + bugs does get in the way all the time.

But who am I kidding, I'll probably buy this anyway. Sucker. LOL
VDJ LDB 1:44 PM - 4 August, 2014
95% of my gigs involve video djing so it this works on video files TWO THUMBS UP (I'll be creating some sick remixes)...if its just for mp3 or wave files I'll pass! And like others have said, I hope 1.7 addresses other bugs (i.e with the NS7ii) and not just add a new toy that may carry additional bugs!
Ragman 1:52 PM - 4 August, 2014
There was no mention of this working on video, but you're right it would take it to another level.
postigojames 2:09 PM - 4 August, 2014
Very nice, but all that while still no basic pre-listening tool like in all other DJ soft.
VDJ LDB 2:46 PM - 4 August, 2014
@Ragman...if they didn't mention it probably means NO right (lol) would definitely be a sick upgrade though. Worth $29 plus if that was the case.
dj-nice 2:47 PM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
Very nice, but all that while still no basic pre-listening tool like in all other DJ soft.

1+ LOL
VDJ LDB 3:00 PM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:

Yep...PnT is a CPU killer on the best spec laptop!
VDJ LDB 3:12 PM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
Lot of clubs and Dj's refuse controlers, it's the way to kill us, think about it

I never known a club to refuse controllers...you're making that up (lol)Controllers are what most club dj's will be using now and in the future. Old school or battle dj's may want turntables but those who mix in bars and clubs (in other words dj's who actually get paid) want controllers! NS7 style controllers are the transition controllers from turntables!
dj lashes 3:26 PM - 4 August, 2014
gonna get this for sure already thinking of thing to try with it... just hope i dont end up feeling the same way after buying remote mini & remote looked great worked well but seems like more of a toy and simple things missing like stop/play.. and useless track scroll if you still got to look and the laptop to see where you are.. i know serato will say its not meant to replace the controller but it cant anyway as it only works with the controller
(lets just hope this one does not come with things we would like missing)
williamz 3:34 PM - 4 August, 2014
any word on the bug that serato likes to eat up the virtual memory?! been killing me for a while now and my library keeps on increasing by the month.
VDJ LDB 3:41 PM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
gonna get this for sure already thinking of thing to try with it... just hope i dont end up feeling the same way after buying remote mini & remote looked great worked well but seems like more of a toy and simple things missing like stop/play.. and useless track scroll if you still got to look and the laptop to see where you are.. i know serato will say its not meant to replace the controller but it cant anyway as it only works with the controller

(lets just hope this one does not come with things we would like missing)

yep..the remote feature doesn't do much for serato DJ. Virtual DJ started for used that feature but they allow u to use almost every feature on your controller. VDJ got it right! Serato not so much. With VDJ u even have various skins...
DJ 8tsixED 4:37 PM - 4 August, 2014
very nice tool,
i'm always improving my skills and ways to dj so i say, hell why not!!! if you cant keep up with the times then you've already put yourself one step closer to doing kiddie parties and retirement lol

by the way when will Serato make a key/ note adjustment feature it would harmonize so nicely

add to an FX pack PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :)
SohoDutch 4:42 PM - 4 August, 2014
Love!!! - funny I never realized how much i do this manually everythime until watching the video... Awesome job Serato!!! - Will there be a demo at The DJ Times DJ Expo next week in Atlantic City?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 4:49 PM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
any word on the bug that serato likes to eat up the virtual memory?! been killing me for a while now and my library keeps on increasing by the month.

There's optimisation in Serato DJ 1.7 that will allow up to 5x more music than could be loaded in Scratch Live - we hope this solves this issue for most users that faced problems in the past. Look out for more news this week on what else is coming.

Sam.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 4:50 PM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
Love!!! - funny I never realized how much i do this manually everythime until watching the video... Awesome job Serato!!! - Will there be a demo at The DJ Times DJ Expo next week in Atlantic City?

Yep :) And live on a DJ City stream tomorrow evening - www.djcity.com
dj blaze7 4:50 PM - 4 August, 2014
Why not work on voice going through record , on ddjsx and ect? ? Really dumb feature of you ask me, from the looks of it only thing your doing is hitting sample pads and it records..right?
Philip Ray 4:50 PM - 4 August, 2014
Sounds nice. Will it work with the NS6?

Slicing doesn't so I wonder will you finally add support for controllers without pads like the Pioneer has...HMMM?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 4:51 PM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
by the way when will Serato make a key/ note adjustment feature it would harmonize so nicely

There's plans to expand the Pitch 'n Time DJ plug-in in future and this is something that could be part of that. Sometime in the future :)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 4:53 PM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
- I've been DJ'ing without it for years so I guess it's not really that important to my way of DJ'ing.

You're probably right - if you don't need anything, there's no need to buy anything new :)

Quote:

- as many others I'd rather see Serato work on overdue fixes for annoying bugs, rather than working on more features.

Check out the bug fix list and optimisation we've done for Serato DJ 1.7 - more news this week.

We've done a huge amount of maintenance including some very important library optimisation which will allow up to 5x more music to be loaded than Scratch Live, amongst much more :)

Sam
VDJ LDB 5:37 PM - 4 August, 2014
Sam didn't mention if this new feature works with video files. If that answer is NO please let us know Sam...lol
Mr Wilks 5:46 PM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
Sam didn't mention if this new feature works with video files. If that answer is NO please let us know Sam...lol

I can't see how it won't really. It's just remembering where the track is jumping about.

The slicer works so my **guess** is that it probably will.
VDJ LDB 6:12 PM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I can't see how it won't really. It's just remembering where the track is jumping about.

The slicer works so my **guess** is that it probably will.

it says that it's recording the sequence not just remembering it. That would mean u have to render the file. That's alot for a video file!
Mr Wilks 6:42 PM - 4 August, 2014
But I think it's stored in the metadata of the file. So could just be the actions of where to jump to the points.

I think the data is smaller than we think ad I'm assuming it's recording a coordinate in the track and putting that into the files metadata. Kinda like instructions on where to jump to as, for example, a specific time.

Unless I'm way off with it?
VDJ LDB 6:50 PM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
But I think it's stored in the metadata of the file. So could just be the actions of where to jump to the points.

I think the data is smaller than we think ad I'm assuming it's recording a coordinate in the track and putting that into the files metadata. Kinda like instructions on where to jump to as, for example, a specific time.

Unless I'm way off with it?

that would work...
Serato, Support
Martin C 7:04 PM - 4 August, 2014
Yes, it works with video files in the same way it works with audio files.

You could essentially make a flip edit of a video which would change the way the audio is sequenced, as well as the video.

Mr Wilks, you are on it.
DjBliZz 7:31 PM - 4 August, 2014
This is interesting. But I still need my "Sort Cues Chronologically" before I can even open up SDJ again.
Serato, Support
Martin C 7:32 PM - 4 August, 2014
Sort Cues Chronologically is available in the next version of Serato DJ.
Rene Androide 8:06 PM - 4 August, 2014
have a queation! if i pay for the 1.6.3 when the 1.7 been released ill get the upgrade for free.

sorry if its a very basic doubt but its my firt time buying the software.
Serato, Support
Martin C 8:07 PM - 4 August, 2014
Yes, you will get it for free. It won't cost you anything extra if you already have a license for 1.6.3, to use Serato DJ 1.7.0.

I hope that helps :)
Rene Androide 8:12 PM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
Yes, you will get it for free. It won't cost you anything extra if you already have a license for 1.6.3, to use Serato DJ 1.7.0.

Sure it totally helps!
Thnx a Lot!
Mr Wilks 8:21 PM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Sure it totally helps!
Thnx a Lot!

But you will have to buy the new 'Flip' feature plugin for $29 (which isn't much for this level of awesomeness!).
djdrewsie 8:31 PM - 4 August, 2014
Bugs will always exist by the nature of development. It helps to let the developers know the problems so they can be fixed! But I don't think that is a reason to not want to use software. You'll find them in all of the major dj softwares!

I found that I have had very little problems with serato despite some of the bugs they have had. My only advice is to dedicate a machine to only run serato. No other installs of other drivers will interrupt with the registry of serato and the way it is installed and you will most likely experience a cleaner experience. At the very least, dedicate a partition on a single machine. It's been also said that the releases of softwares are based on the most recent editions and updates of your operating systems. So just keep your computers updated. It is a lot to maintain but if you are persistent about it, most of these things auto update within the programs they run in anyway.
acemc 9:52 PM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
Check out the bug fix list

Where is this list of which you speak?
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:59 PM - 4 August, 2014
Here it is: serato.com
Mr Wilks 10:03 PM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
Here it is: serato.com

Whooooooa!
acemc 10:03 PM - 4 August, 2014
Aaaah,

Thank you sir ;)
acemc 10:05 PM - 4 August, 2014
AM Mode!!!! is.....is here!!!
I think I'm gonna cry!!!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Phil C 10:30 PM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
AM Mode!!!! is.....is here!!!
I think I'm gonna cry!!!

Shortcut key for it too - so you can use it emergency-like ;)
acemc 10:33 PM - 4 August, 2014
"Support for Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard discontinued"
Now I really am crying!!
My mac runs like crap on anything other than 10.6.8.
Guaranteed I'm not the only one who feels this way.
DjBliZz 10:58 PM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
Sort Cues Chronologically is available in the next version of Serato DJ.

This makes me so happy! Thank you for listening to our cries for help!
Mr Wilks 11:01 PM - 4 August, 2014
EVERY single issue I ever had with my Twitch is resolved here... but I don't have it with me for another six weeks so can't test :(

The SX improvements will be welcomed too.

The time on the CDJ 850 will help as I'm currently using a pair.
DJEmiliot 11:14 PM - 4 August, 2014
Dope!
damian wells 11:53 PM - 4 August, 2014
cannot wait for this!!!
gonna be amazing!!
VDJ LDB 12:57 AM - 5 August, 2014
oh shhhh.....more quantize preference options. As low as 1/16 beats!!!!! LOVE IT! I'll be playing with the public beta until Thursday. If it holds up I'll rock it Friday night!
Ragman 3:37 AM - 5 August, 2014
They came with their 'A' game on this update.
holler2me 4:07 AM - 5 August, 2014
Can't wait!
CLeveL 5:19 AM - 5 August, 2014
Yes!
Dj Spats 6:21 AM - 5 August, 2014
I got to try this out!
silvercue 10:37 AM - 5 August, 2014
Really looking forward to playing with this....I hope it comes with a tutorial though!!!
x GAP x 11:47 AM - 5 August, 2014
Shame. still no MIDI out Traktor here i come.......
kilonshele 6:06 PM - 5 August, 2014
Im all about embracing technology and this is perfect, cant wait to get it.
Dj Wunder 11:36 PM - 5 August, 2014
Quote:
Shame. still no MIDI out Traktor here i come.......

C ya!
Genius-Intl 1:04 AM - 6 August, 2014
One more Level to My Mix ((loud))
Fernando Noble 4:24 AM - 7 August, 2014
ESPEREMOS QUE SUENE IGUAL DE BUENO QUE LAS DEMAS ACTUALIZACIONES...!!!
Marc Löffler 10:10 AM - 7 August, 2014
Hi there, that's great news. I'll be definitely buying it.

I don't know if the following wish for improvement has been mentioned before elsewhere, but will there be a way to save some sort of snapshot? When I have loaded tracks to all four decks, samples and loops to SP-6 and set up effects the way I need them I'd love to store that situation to recall it later.

In addition, if I have defined a loop, I'd love to use the Hot Cue, Roll and Slicer without leaving the loop. I always thought that would be possible by activating the slip mode, but that doesn't work, or should it?

Thanks for your support.
Big Reece 12:33 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Lot of clubs and Dj's refuse controlers, it's the way to kill us, think about it

I never known a club to refuse controllers...you're making that up (lol)Controllers are what most club dj's will be using now and in the future. Old school or battle dj's may want turntables but those who mix in bars and clubs (in other words dj's who actually get paid) want controllers! NS7 style controllers are the transition controllers from turntables!

+1 Also if your a battle dj/ scratch dj that learned on vinyl it shouldn't matter what you use. I understand everyone has a preference, but most clubs will cut costs by putting controllers in clubs. Besides a controller can be a little lighter on your pocket for all the same features and the extras if you choose to use them.
Richard H 5:55 PM - 7 August, 2014
Wow isn't it great and everything.....

but I'm never going to purchase anything from serato again because I'm a stitched up xone:dx user.

Hmm, wonder what Native Instruments have on offer these days.
Mr Wilks 7:25 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
Hmm, wonder what Native Instruments have on offer these days.

Not much.

I can't see them sitting back and watching this as even the Traktor guys are wanting to check out Serato now.
acemc 9:27 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
In addition, if I have defined a loop, I'd love to use the Hot Cue, Roll and Slicer without leaving the loop.

This is a long standing request, that I honestly feel deserved to be sorted out long ago already.
Djblisss 5:39 PM - 10 August, 2014
Thats flipping awesome!! Amazing.
fofo dj 9:26 AM - 18 August, 2014
ciao vorrei sapere se serato flip e per numark ns7 2 e come
farlo funzionare visto che non ci sono pulsanti per azionarlo
saluti
dj fofo
Serato, Forum Moderator
Phil C 9:49 AM - 18 August, 2014
Quote:
ciao vorrei sapere se serato flip e per numark ns7 2 e come
farlo funzionare visto che non ci sono pulsanti per azionarlo
saluti
dj fofo

Ciao dj fofo,

Si e possibile con i pulsanti "parameter" quando le "pastiglie cue" sono attiva - vicino i pastiglie.

Spero ti piace Flip!
DJ BIS 1:23 AM - 19 August, 2014
Are the flips stored within the MP3 data/ID3 tag?
Dj Nyce 2:13 AM - 19 August, 2014
Can you talk about all the parameters that we will have access to?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:20 PM - 24 August, 2014
Quote:

Yep :)
silvercue 7:40 PM - 25 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Yep :)

So that means you can save on one version of Serato and it will work on another? (I have 2 licensed copies and copy my library...so assume the flip will copy too and then work on my other machine/serato?)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 11:30 PM - 25 August, 2014
Yes the Flip is saved to the tag of the file, so playing this file on any computer with SDJ that has a Serato Flip expansion pack activated will work fine.
acemc 2:52 AM - 26 August, 2014
So when is this available?
And the DVS Plugin of course!!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 2:58 AM - 26 August, 2014
Serato FLIP and the DVS Expansion Pack will be available on 1.7.0 release day. We don't announce exact release dates but it's very soon :)
acemc 5:51 PM - 26 August, 2014
Sorry, my bad.
I thought I had downloaded the 1.7.0 official release.
Only realized later that it's a beta.
I guess I'm just a tad excited!!! ;)
Dj Divine Justice 4:28 PM - 1 September, 2014
I did a version of this with Traktor and Ableton but I can't wait for this update!!!!
Pure Juice 3:33 AM - 10 September, 2014
will be a part of it all.on the go remix live.i'am all for that
Dj TRio 11:34 AM - 1 October, 2014
Great job with the Flip!
Question?
Are you guys going to allow fader movements to be captured inside the flip. I was working on a flip that I wanted to change the fader tempo up and down in real time.. This is something I do on My MPC.

DjTRio
lazyboi 3:14 PM - 2 October, 2014
that guy who put BUTTON PUSHERS
F_U
dj blah blah blah
Dj Spats 8:53 AM - 29 October, 2014
So what's wrong in learning true djing skills by using hand skills with faders? Like a true Dj plus vynal? First then use buttons to up your creation skills in the mix? Did you know a baby could push buttons and get payed the same money as you do? Anyone can push buttons and say I'm better than you? But using vynal it's a special skille which takes hard practice in the bed room! That beats all push buttons Djs in my eyes! Do this first the learn how to push bottons after means that your fully conbination Dj with all skills bro! So f u too!
Dj Spats 9:30 AM - 29 October, 2014
No need for shit talk bro! I'm just sayin the right things! Their are to many sync push button DJ's already out their who cannot mix two vynals together getting paid just as much as you if not less than you taking your job and saying that thay are better than you! Just by using that push the sync button to mix the next wack track which is too fast to mix in! Now I'm a pro at dancing and I so love it too! But all this less than 60sec mixing is shit that tells you that the djs are shit and they using the push botton sync! And they hate being called push button DJ's! If they knew how to dance they would know how to mix and blend and let the tune play! F all push botton freaks DJ's

Just let the music play if you ant got no skills!
hologram 12:09 AM - 2 November, 2014
sigh. I can't wait till we (DJs)catch up with instrument playing musicians on the maturity level.
This is like one guitar player being mad at another guitar player because he used an electronic tuner to tune his guitar instead of using his ear. Or a keyboard playing having a chord set on a single key instead of playing the chord right.
And don't tell me any of you OG (started int he 80s or before) DJs don't have the BPMs written on your records somewhere and the pitch numbers for how this song mixes with that song memorized just out of habit for how many times you did "That cool Mix" or blend.
Its the pot calling the kettle black in every thread about technology. Next you gonna be mad because we don't pick cotton by hand anymore.
and before you get it twisted I learned on a pair of BD-10s and pyramid mixer.
DJs who started on belt drives had to learn tricks to keep the record pitch stable and how to get the record up to speed that people who started on Direct drive don't know or need to know. But you don't see us going around trash talking DJs who started on 12s. Or saying shit like "Your not a real DJ because you use a quartz locked Speed control that keep the record at a consistent speed." I remember the first time a DJ showed up at a block party with Direct Drive turntables when I was a kid and DJs were like Oh thats the shit. They didn't bash the new kid. They embraced what she brought.
tired of this crap.

rant off/
acemc 8:42 AM - 2 November, 2014
Quote:
Like a true Dj plus vynal

Quote:
But using vynal it's a special skille

Quote:
Their are to many sync push button DJ's already out their who cannot mix two vynals together

There are too many vinyl dj's that don't know how to spell - Lol!!
Dj Spats 8:09 AM - 12 December, 2014
Well CDs are the same as push button pre mix djs! What's even funny it's when you see Dj competions using CDs making out like their do somthing and their not!
Mr Wilks 12:39 PM - 12 December, 2014
Oh dear...
DJ Subtext 5:15 PM - 27 December, 2014
How do i move flips with in a track? like if my flip is the outro how do I move it to the intro?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 9:23 PM - 6 January, 2015
Quote:
How do i move flips with in a track? like if my flip is the outro how do I move it to the intro?

Can't edit your Flip location like this yet. Do you think this would be useful? It would mean the Flip you are moving would have to make perfect sense with it's new location. I guess if the Flip is relatively simple this is quite feasible.
J.J. 11:46 PM - 6 January, 2015
Logan, how about activating a live FLIP that activates a custom beat jump FLIP no matter where the track location is. It would have to take the tracks BPM into consideration.

Kind of like Beat Grid in Virtual DJ 8.
www.poweronplay.com

I'm not talking about using Beat Jumping as an effect because it is slow, inaccurate and not customizable.
&Midge 7:45 AM - 7 January, 2015
For me.....

Flip + Slip for the win!

Should be an easy function to get working too.
jenniferbrownz 8:56 AM - 30 November, 2017
Can you play "through mode" on a Denon DS1 with Serato DVS? It says that "THRU Mode is hardware dependent" - so does this work with a Denon DS1? Thanks!
KissManga kiss-manga.com